Color Coded Storylines

I'd like to see the game assign a color to each storyline. When booking your shows, the game could check each match or angle to see if it's advancing that particular storyline, and if it is, it would highlight that match or angle in the appropriate color. By way of example, if I add a "Tag Team Split" storyline, the game might assign it a red color. When I book the first step in that storyline (the tag team loses a match, let's say), the game automatically checks to see if the segment satisfies a storyline requirement, and seeing that it does, highlights the segment in red. If I follow it up with the next step in the storyline (an argument over who caused the loss), that will show up highlighted in red as well. Between those two segments, I might put a match/angle without a storyline, which will not be highlighted, or a match/angle that's part of another storyline, which will show up in green, blue, yellow, etc. A system like this would help prevent mistakes in booking. No longer would we get the wave of disappointment that comes from discovering that we've mistakenly booked the wrong worker in a match/angle, or we put the right worker in but as the catalyst instead of the subject, or we booked the segments in the wrong order so none of the storyline steps advance. Instead, we'd be able to look at the list of proposed segments, and if a bunch of the later ones are colorless in a show that's meant to advance storylines, that would be a clue that a mistake has been made in one of the early segments and we should double check our work before running the show. Adam would know far better than I, but I suspect this wouldn't be prohibitively difficult from a programming standpoint, as it's not all that different from the "Analysis" button which checks to see if the gamer has advance booked matches that aren't on the card. Apologies if this suggestion has been proposed before.

Color coding could cause issues if a given segment applies to more than one storyline, however. Which color do you choose? Another (easier?) method would be another column in the booking overview screen that had a count of number of advancing storylines. Or perhaps a summary in the analysis screen of which storylines will be advancing in this show, and how far. I like this idea.

[QUOTE=steev42;376115]Color coding could cause issues if a given segment applies to more than one storyline, however. Which color do you choose?[/QUOTE] That's a good question. Maybe one color could be designated for matches/angles which advance multiple storylines at the same time. [QUOTE=steev42;376115]Another (easier?) method would be another column in the booking overview screen that had a count of number of advancing storylines. Or perhaps a summary in the analysis screen of which storylines will be advancing in this show, and how far.[/QUOTE] That could work too. I could also see a system that simply italicizes any match/angle that advances a storyline. While this wouldn't distinguish one storyline from another, the gamer would still be able to look over the proposed segment list and realize that a segment that's meant to advance a storyline isn't italicized and needs an adjustment before running the show.

Archived