Fantasy Baseball?

nZane

Well, the football league went very well, and the basketball league has gone pretty well also. So, thought I'd gauge the interest in a GDS Fantasy Baseball league. Most likely through Yahoo again, just because that seems to work the best. Any thoughts? EDIT: Went through ESPN. If you're interested, either send me a PM with your email address or leave a reply in this thread.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If either of you, or anyone else for that matter, has any suggestions on the best set-up, I'm all ears. I haven't had a chance to take a look at the Yahoo defaults yet, so this is still in the planning stages...

[QUOTE=nZane;384903]If either of you, or anyone else for that matter, has any suggestions on the best set-up, I'm all ears. I haven't had a chance to take a look at the Yahoo defaults yet, so this is still in the planning stages...[/QUOTE] I looked at it earlier(couple of weeks ago.) Was planning on trying something different with some buddies. But alas, I didn't get very far. I will look, but it may be tonight before I get a chance to look at it again.

Ok, I've set up a 12 team H2H league with a live draft tentatively scheduled for Sunday March 23 at 3:00p EDT. Looks like the default scoring categories are Runs, Homers, RBIs, Steals, Avg, Wins, Saves, Ks, ERA, and WHIP. Look good? If not, changes can certainly be made. I'll wait to see if there is more interest before sending out the info. EDIT: Should probably mention the default roster: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, RP, P, P, P, DL, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

[QUOTE=Wallbanger;384984]Oh, what the heck. Baseball isn't my strong suit but it should be fun nonetheless. (Then again, neither is basketball, and I'm doing pretty OK there. :D)[/QUOTE]Oh, just shut up already. :p I'm hoping to slide in to that last playoff spot, but it's not looking too good for me. I'm much more of baseball fan than a basketball fan, so I'm rather looking forward to this league.

[QUOTE=Wallbanger;384984]Oh, what the heck. Baseball isn't my strong suit but it should be fun nonetheless. (Then again, neither is basketball, and I'm doing pretty OK there. :D)[/QUOTE] You're like the Pats... We can all do good in our respective games, but you're not going to get caught! (Then again, we all know how that ended... ;)) I can't believe that my super-planned football team crashed and burned and my accidentally guard-ridden basketball team is half decent... (I even made a trade that ended with me giving up Marcus Camby for Jermaine O'Neal!!!!) As for baseball: I'm completely in the dark in regards to it... If you need an extra player, though, my friend that joined the basketball league is a huge baseball fan!

[QUOTE=nZane;384950]Ok, I've set up a 12 team H2H league with a live draft tentatively scheduled for Sunday March 23 at 3:00p EDT. Looks like the default scoring categories are Runs, Homers, RBIs, Steals, Avg, Wins, Saves, Ks, ERA, and WHIP. Look good? If not, changes can certainly be made. I'll wait to see if there is more interest before sending out the info. EDIT: Should probably mention the default roster: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, RP, P, P, P, DL, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN[/QUOTE] I'm in........but you do realize the 23rd is Easter right? I know I for one can't make that draft date as I'm hosting it for my family this year. As for the settings looks good, I usually add an extra SP and RP in their though. Also if you want a couple more options, like setting up divisions and such, you could try ESPN's site out, me and the various keeper leagues I'm in recently made the switch from Yahoo to ESPN, and I like their set up a whole lot more. Only problem there is you have to send out email invites to owners, rather than just giving them a password and league ID.

[QUOTE=theoutlaw321;387222]He has declined. Says he doesn't want to embarras the old guys! [B]Already has multiple teams[/B], that , along with the rest of his schedule; doesn't have the time.[/QUOTE] You can never have enough teams...... Or, I'm just addicted to fantasy sports. I swear I make all my play-around money from fantasy leagues lol

[QUOTE=Imarevenant;387224]I'm in........but you do realize the 23rd is Easter right? I know I for one can't make that draft date as I'm hosting it for my family this year. As for the settings looks good, I usually add an extra SP and RP in their though. Also if you want a couple more options, like setting up divisions and such, you could try ESPN's site out, me and the various keeper leagues I'm in recently made the switch from Yahoo to ESPN, and I like their set up a whole lot more. Only problem there is you have to send out email invites to owners, rather than just giving them a password and league ID.[/QUOTE]Actually, no, I had no clue the 23rd was Easter. That's easily adjustable though. Right now, we have five people (six, if you count MJD). I'd like to have twelve, ideally. As for ESPN or Yahoo, I'm indifferent either way. If the consensus is that ESPN is better, then we can easily set up a league over there.

Just took a quick look, and I like the customization options over on ESPN, so unless anyone has any major objections, we'll go with that instead. Counting MJD and his friend, by my count we're up to eight people.

[QUOTE=nZane;388347]Just took a quick look, and I like the customization options over on ESPN, so unless anyone has any major objections, we'll go with that instead. Counting MJD and his friend, by my count we're up to eight people.[/QUOTE] As I said, IDK what I'm doing. I'm not participating!

Archived