Ok ive never played as USPW before and have just started a game.... Id like to know from other USPW players... How do you deal with the low match ratings? do you do a mass Roster clean out and hire more talented workers? do you push some of the lowercard workers? do you change the product? Also who would be good signing for USPW?

I've been using USPW for a while now. I decided to be honest and kept most of the original roster, only firing those who are 100% useless, and brought in some more talent, though only some were younger guys. Use your angle space wisely, as this can help your card out. Storyline were my best friend when I started. Thanks to his insane overness, T-Rex now consistently puts on C+ matches and B and B+ angles. T-Rex! Keep you eyes open for positive chemistry, as this can even allow Giant Redwood to put on passable matches from time to time. My opinion is, if you're going to us USPW then you might as well use it as it is. Anyone can gut a roster and bring in the best of the best and do well. Takes a challenge to keep the fans coming to see Peter Valentine and The Demons of Rage, one of which I'm proud to so far have succeeded in. Oh, and as a low level Cult fed I'm putting on mostly C+ cards with a growing number of B-s. If you can pull off my suggestion, then the only thing you'll have to worry about his TCW and SWF stealing your roster. Puerto Rican Power, Jim Force, Freddie Datsun, Corporal Doom, and Jesse Christian to name a few have all jumped ship.

For me, Jungle Jack is a necessity. I have been playing USPW for almost 2 years game time and finally got them to National, but I completely cleaned out the roster. My main event consists of Jungle Jack, Jack Avatar (changed him to a heavyweight brawler, almost a necessity so you don't have to worry about someone stealing him), Bruce The Giant, T-Rex, Joey Minnesota, Jim Force, and Nickey Champion (Pushed him by letting him go over all the old guys I wanted to ditch). I usually Open with a angle that will pull good ratings then a good match of ME vs ME or ME vs UM. Then I have several lower grade matches for the MC and LMC. Last two matches are my best matches of the card. ME vs ME followed by high rated angle then ME vs ME followed by another high rated angle. Ive constantly pumped out B- to B+ matches. The angles really helped me keep my show good, just make sure you run the angles for 6 mins or more so it effects the overall show.

There have been lots of USPW-based threads in the past but it'll be hard to find them cos of the search terms being too short. But generally, if you're going to take over a promotion you should really be sticking roughly with what it has in mind from the start. As has been said many times, why take over a promotion if all you're going to do is change it? Having said that though... USPW isn't easy. Use Sam Strong and Bruce the Giant extensively, they're HUGE over and Strong can make any segment great. Just being in the ring with these guys can get your guys over so take advantage of that when you want to feed guys to Bruce to keep him strong. And don't be afraid to give Sam Strong a handful of matches either. If Bruce turns heel, Strong could have fun "last run" against Bruce. Create a women's division. Alicia Strong debuts as one of the most complete female workers on the planet. She's the daughter of your boss and will probably never leave you because of this. Give her Sam's old patriot gimmick and push her to the moon against a number of other women. And remember... romance storylines = many possible angles ideas. Personally, I'd stick Strong's protege Nicky Champion in a loooong romance with Alicia and watch them become the major faces of the company. USPW can be carried with 1 good match and a handful of good segments. If you can use Bruce, Sam and Peter Valentine to their best capabilities then you've got a strong base for improving. Getting to cult is a priority early on as you'll never keep your TV deal without it. Since you're likely to lose that anyways, you can pick up a good deal fairly quickly after that. Hopefully... it ain't easy, but it's possible to keep USPW as it is and become successful.

[QUOTE=derek_b;388484]As has been said many times, why take over a promotion if all you're going to do is change it?[/QUOTE] I take over a promotion because I want to change it. I enjoy molding a roster to what I like and building new stars.

[QUOTE=cmbell22;388488]I take over a promotion because I want to change it. I enjoy moulding a roster to what I like and building new stars.[/QUOTE] Fixed. :p I like adapting a roster to fit as much as the next man... but what I've heard a LOT of players do (particularly in USPW) is "job the old guys as soon as possible and bring in new guys". If you're going to do that anyway, there isn't any point in playing USPW as you're practically starting a new promotion and killing USPW. Believe me, after two years my USPW was significantly different from the default USPW but I kept to their style as much as I could. I had a new generation of guys like Jungle Jack and Jack Griffiths heading things up, but I had guys like Barry Kingman, Steve Flash, Mainstream Hernandez in my midcard along with Redwood, The Warlords (still active!), one of the Demons, Java/Tribal Warrior, Peter Valentine, T-Rex, Rushmore/Muscles... I hate when people just job out old stars to new ones within two months to usher in a "revival" or a "new era". I can't tell people how to play their game, but I'm always around to make suggestions and give ideas if people ask for them. Quick fix change vs building up a roster... I know what I do when I'm playing a game over time. :)

At least to me, when taking over an existing promotion, there is more fun in trying to take what they already have and try and succeed with that. If I just want to bring in whoever I want, I might as well start my own promotion. Case in point is my current diary game. I am at the beginning of 2015 and I still have 6 or 7 of the original NYCW roster and have brought back a couple of the original stars for extended runs after they left. Naturally I have made additions and subtractions, as will happen to any roster over time, and put my own stamp on it, like any booker does, but it is still recognizably NYCW. But , since you paid for your copy, you can play it any way you see fit. :D ;)

I still have Java/Tribal Warrior (Java is my current National Champion) Peter Valentine, The Towers of Power (Mick Muscles is about to get pushed to ME status) and both of the Warlords still active. I ditch the guys who cant work a match longer than 5 mins (minus Bruce and T-Rex), but I tried to stick with USPW's style by using with Heavyweights. Bulldozer Brandon Smith, Puerto Rican Powerhouse, Hell's Bouncer, and Tully Arthur round out my upper mid card. So I did change the roster a lot, I think I still have a USPW flavor just with guys who can actually work a match lol.

Before the 1.3 patch changed the overness thresholds for promotion size USPW were actually a cult promotion. As a cult promotion you wouldn't lose your TV deal... but as the network is far bigger than a regional promotion should be on you will always lose the deal. I'd recommend most people to make a very small change to the default data to make things better. Simply change USPW's popularity in the Tri-State area to 55.0 instead of 50.0. It might not help for long but it might be all that USPW needs to become a major player. :)

Thanks alot for the replys they have been alot of help. I have Bruce in a fued with T-Rex which is going pretty well. I plan on spliting the Towers of Power up as I want to push both as singles. I have hired some workers who I think suit uspw and some will be getting pushes soon. I plan on Pushing Nicky Champion to the moon LOL I have already lost my TV deal also Im just running weekly events and my monthy big event

[QUOTE=Ping von Erich;388903]I've found Roger Dodger and Vin Tanner are both great signings for USPW, Tanner is a great talent to build up sone younger signings, and Dodger is a godsend for backstage segments.[/QUOTE] Heh, I have Roger Dodger under contract in my USPW game. He works between being a manager and colour commentator. When managing my United States themed stable he goes by the name of Alexander Hellmilton though. Now I just need someone with a variation of Aaron Burr as a name to feud with him. And win, of course.

[QUOTE=Comradebot;389175]Heh, I have Roger Dodger under contract in my USPW game. He works between being a manager and colour commentator. When managing my United States themed stable he goes by the name of Alexander Hellmilton though. Now I just need someone with a variation of Aaron Burr as a name to feud with him. And win, of course.[/QUOTE] With the feud ending in a "death match", of course. :)

[QUOTE=Comradebot;389175]Heh, I have Roger Dodger under contract in my USPW game. He works between being a manager and colour commentator. When managing my United States themed stable he goes by the name of Alexander Hellmilton though. Now I just need someone with a variation of Aaron Burr as a name to feud with him. And win, of course.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=CubsFan915;389239]With the feud ending in a "death match", of course. :)[/QUOTE] Awesome. :D

[QUOTE=Sigilistic;389376]Awesome. :D[/QUOTE] I second that awesome for sure. On the USPW note, when I first started using USPW I usually get lost with Java. I never knew really how to use him and then I end up firing him. Lately though, I've got him pushed to ME status and I'm loving him. He's not growing though, but I'm trying to get someone like Hell Monkey over to USPW. *crosses fingers* Maybe he can help him grow a bit with his mic skills. I have noticed that Sam Strong usually leaves SWF and I was able to sign him. He retired two months later though...what he did for me though is help build Ben Williams up to a great Upper Midcarder and Ben is now carrying Gold around his waist. I enjoy working with USPW due to the fact that it's a cash cow.

Archived