Good news and bad news - SvR09

Moe Hunter

To be honest... SvR08 was horribly bad and so freakin' easy.. I bought it for PS3 played it 3 hours.. unlocked EVERYTHING besides GM Mode which I got after about 4 - 5 hours of play. I was very disappointed in WWE Games lately I play SD2 more than I play 08(which I have now sold to Gamestop.) SvR09 really doesnt sound entertaining at all. It's really making me want the TNA Game to come out alot faster. Like Kurt Angle said in an interview. WWE isn't trying to put out a quality product anymore .. they know they have a loyal fan base that buys it every year. TNA is trying to make an actual decent game .. thanks to Midway.. who if any of you've played Mortal Kombat know how good they're Graphics/Gameplay is. WWE you disappointment me .. I don't know if I will buy '09. Please MAKE BETTER GAMES!

Guest The Aussie
[QUOTE=Tyler Gadzinski;396215] TNA is trying to make an actual decent game .. thanks to Midway.. who if any of you've played Mortal Kombat know how good they're Graphics/Gameplay is.[/QUOTE] Here's hoping that it becomes the first wrestling game to have fatalities in it.

but isnt SVR09 like 7-8 months away? why make a judgement already on the game after like one interview and a few first look pictures? I will buy SVR09 not because its a "WWE" game but because I like a wrestling and want to play a wrestling game.

Guest The Aussie
[QUOTE=Basmat01;396223]but isnt SVR09 like 7-8 months away? why make a judgement already on the game after like one interview and a few first look pictures? I will buy SVR09 not because its a "WWE" game but because I like a wrestling and want to play a wrestling game.[/QUOTE] They are still acting like 08 wasn't an epic failure. They have also promised improved AI for like the fourth year in a row. I'm taking this with a grain of salt but I'm not conviced that they can do well with their very last game. I'm still annoyed about how THQ finds it nessecary to add new features instead of fixing what is clearly broken

New video shows some slightly more optomistic news. Tag Team match vid shows Matt doing a ToF outside of a Tag Team Finisher, so hopefully (it wasn't clear from the UI) it means you can do Singles Finishers still. CAFM looks pretty good, but no evidence of corner, ground or top rope moves yet.

To be honest, I was hoping one of the amazing new features released would be that SVR 2009 will actually be beta-tested. It's the same every year. New features are announced, a few new bells and whistles are added, prettier graphics, the wrestlers always have more unique styles when in reality there's more content stripped away, more loading screens and the same AI flaws continue from year to year. Focus on tag teams? You mean the awesome match mode where my AI partner will stand on the apron and watch me being pinned or when they do climb in the ring, will run straight past me? Tag Team finishers sound alright (as long as they don't override workers having singles finishers), but then how many current WWE teams have finishers anyway? Hell, how many genuine tag teams will actually make it into the game other than Cade & Murdoch? The series for me is just a rental thing now. It's a blast to play with a few friends after a night out (no idea about online), but as a single player experience, it's just tiresome and empty. It seems harsh to put down SVR 2009 months and months before it's release, but the same cycle just repeats too many times. As a whole, the series has gone nowhere since HCTP, infact overall it's gone backwards.

[QUOTE=Moe Hunter;396232]New video shows some slightly more optomistic news. Tag Team match vid shows Matt doing a ToF outside of a Tag Team Finisher, so hopefully (it wasn't clear from the UI) it means you can do Singles Finishers still. CAFM looks pretty good, but no evidence of corner, ground or top rope moves yet.[/QUOTE] Does he do the Twist of Fate? I thought he grabbed Orton in a reverse DDT type headlock, and twisted it into a neckbreaker, making it an Old School Expulsion (any Corino fans?) Struck me as an odd choice :) Ransik, I totally see your point now. We define the word 'purpose' a little differently in this case, but I agree with what you're saying. Time spent fixing 08 was instead used to start 09. That's the problem with annual franchises, but that doesn't mean it isn't annoying for the consumer. I still maintain 08 was an average game, not a terrible one, although it was a step down in quality. Can't wait for the TNA game (well, I can, but... trying to hype it here) and I'd LOVE for there to be unlockable fatalities. Kurt ripping apart people's ankles. Booker decapitating people with his axe kick. Sounds like fun to me.

[QUOTE=keon;396252]Why does everyone hate the wwe so much? Do you realize the game is made by THQ and not the WWE? Madden fans don't blame the NFL for a bad madden game so why do you blame the WWE for a bad game?[/QUOTE] Fair comment and the fact the franchise is being taken away from THQ must mean that someone in the WWE has looked at the falling quality and decided to pull the plug. Conversely, I have to wonder if the WWE would have made the same move if TNA weren't releasing their own game.

[QUOTE=Self;396246]Does he do the Twist of Fate? I thought he grabbed Orton in a reverse DDT type headlock, and twisted it into a neckbreaker, making it an Old School Expulsion (any Corino fans?) Struck me as an odd choice :)[/QUOTE] You've seen the trailer, which is an FMV with no relation to how any actual SvR match looks or plays. Yes it was bizzare for Matt to do the "Reverse of Fate" and Jeff to bust out a German. Not to mention Matt being able to crawl away from an RKO. There's an actual in-game demonstration of the new features on video now that shows these things. [QUOTE]Can't wait for the TNA game (well, I can, but... trying to hype it here) and I'd LOVE for there to be unlockable fatalities. Kurt ripping apart people's ankles. Booker decapitating people with his axe kick. Sounds like fun to me.[/QUOTE] How is it that Midway got the reputation of only ever making one game, and that game only having one feature? [QUOTE=keon;396252]Why does everyone hate the wwe so much? Do you realize the game is made by THQ and not the WWE? Madden fans don't blame the NFL for a bad madden game so why do you blame the WWE for a bad game?[/QUOTE] To be fair only one guy blamed WWE, and he was only paraphrasing Kurt Angle. The rest of us understand that THQ/Yukes are responsible (although THQ did try and pass the buck to WWE about roster exclusions)

[QUOTE=keon;396252]Why does everyone hate the wwe so much? Do you realize the game is made by THQ and not the WWE? Madden fans don't blame the NFL for a bad madden game so why do you blame the WWE for a bad game?[/QUOTE] I was just quoting Kurt in an interview... I know THQ runs the show basically about the game, which is why I can't wait for TNA Impact even more cause they are bringing in AJ & Joe who if you go to Gametap.com and read some reviews by none other than Christian Cage know how much they play, WWE could've still said something to THQ to step it up... Ever since HCTP it's been downhill with the exception of 06. In defence to the Madden quote... EA Sports runs Madden and '08 really, dropped the ball, if you will. TNA Impact I think will be the better Wrestling Game at the end of this year. Look at the screens those Graphics are ridiculus! Also, if it's true that the CAWs are gonna look just as real as the in-game characters, it'll be sweet. Not to mention Ultimate X, King of the Mountain, and again if it's true, Online Tournaments. - Hype for TNA!

Guest Ransik
I'm kinda curious as to how the TNA game is gonna help/hurt the company. If it turns out to be literally the best wrestling video game since No Mercy... and it starts selling like the sub-par WWE games do... will it effect TNA attendance and revenue and ratings because wrestling fans will notice it, buy it or rent it and tune into the shows to see it?

[QUOTE=Tyler Gadzinski;396480]I was just quoting Kurt in an interview... I know THQ runs the show basically about the game, which is why I can't wait for TNA Impact even more cause they are bringing in AJ & Joe who if you go to Gamefly.com and read some reviews by none other than Christian Cage know how much they play, WWE could've still said something to THQ to step it up... Ever since HCTP it's been downhill with the exception of 06. In defence to the Madden quote... EA Sports runs Madden and '08 really, dropped the ball, if you will. TNA Impact I think will be the better Wrestling Game at the end of this year. Look at the screens those Graphics are ridiculus! Also, if it's true that the CAWs are gonna look just as real as the in-game characters, it'll be sweet. Not to mention Ultimate X, King of the Mountain, and again if it's true, Online Tournaments. - Hype for TNA![/QUOTE] Yea, both Joe and AJ are HUGE gamers and are big fans of the classic No Mercy for the N64. Both Joe and AJ have been "creative consultants" if you will and have said in past interviews that they were going to bring wrestling games back to the days of No Mercy. I hope so man because that game was an excellent wrestling game, so much so that mods are still being made for it to this day (if you are into emulators and stuff that is). I have high hopes for this game, and not just because I am a big TNA fan (which I am :D ) but because I really want to see a good wrestling game. The fact that Midway brought Joe and AJ on to help out with the game, just goes to show that they want to create a game for the fans, by the fans.

No Mercy was the s**t. I own it for N64 and play that more often than I do 07 or 08. Joe and AJ being brought in is a huge help for the game as they know what there talking about when it comes to what people will like as far as gameplay/features are concerned. And also I don't know/don't think WWE sends wrestlers to THQ to MoCap for it. Also WWE taking out certain moves pissed me off about 08 the most.. just because of the Benoit incedant they get rid of the Crossface even though HBK used it the PPV after they announced what happened? TNA all the way this year. Like you Stallion I am praying that TNA can pull it off and bring the Wrestling game genre back to the great days, No Mercy, SD2, WrestleMania 2000.

Archived