WCW 1998: A prequel to "Death of WCW"

Wow, so my eyes are glazed over from staring at the screen putting the finishing touches onto that one. I'd love to hear your feedback on the matches as they went down. Must say, I'm so knackered that I'm going to only have a quick text match run down for Nitro, rather than the full graphical outlay. I hope it doesn't appaer to be devaluing Nitro because Nitro marks the epic build to one of WCW's traditions and something I'm extremely excited and awe struck about being able to book and write up. Anyhow, here are the matches for Nitro: [U]Quick Picks[/U] Psicosis v Juventud Guerrera WCW Television Championship: Eddie Guerrero (c) v 'Lord' Steven Regal Jerry Lynn and Billy Kidman v The Steiner Brothers 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith v 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko 'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle, 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright and Disco Inferno v Masahiro Chono, The Great Muta and Yuji Nagata The Giant v Raven Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v Sting (stipulation to be decided by the winning tipper from Road Wild) Bonus Tie Breaker Question: What is the traditional element that WCW Monday Nitro will begin to promote? -------------- The winner of the tips will get to select from a list of celebrities a special guest for Thrillapalooza at the following Thunder.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Bigpapa42;700892]Good show, Tristam. Very good show. Some matches that would have been great to watch and everything keeps moving forward. Well worth waiting for. I was torn between wanting to see Hart take the belt and see Jericho retain.[/QUOTE] Thanks mate. I like it, I mean nothing really stands out as being ground breaking [I]at the moment[/I] but throughout most of the shows there's teasers to the ultimate sacrifices that we build to. I kinda wanted a simple focus on the matches, because I thought the card spoke for itself match quality wise, so it was a deliberate strategy here not to over book the out of match segments, which I suppose can bore up a card a bit. I understand your feelings on the main event mate, what I liked about the card was I'm sure if I booked it in 12 months time there could be 3 or 4 different results, there was a lot of matches that were I think booked to an extent where the match was such that anyone could win. And that made it enjoyable for me to write ;)

im coming in 'cold' so to speak.. I havent read much before Road Wild.. but from what Id quickly looked over I thought it would be worth a proper look.. so... [b]Road Wild 1998[/b] early thoughts from the build up.. not sure if id buy Jericho as World Champ this 'early' - im guessing though, that hes been built up to it really well and not just thrown the strap.. so I probably would buy it had I seen his rise.. the intro video is a great introduction for me, letting me know what ive missed in a quick outline style.. an angry DDP to kick things off.. all this backstage stuff before the opening match of a PPV is very WCW.. Lyger vs Juvi seemed like a good Cruiserweight opener.. solid stuff to kick things off and a contreversial finish as well.. the nWo not taking the Road Wild spirit gives them some good cheap heat with the fans.. I can imagine Flair and Guerrero being gold and sets up the Malenko match later.. im probably sounding like an idiot who shouldve read more but are Kidman/Lynn/Storm a band? different.. and whos Ryan Lynn? had to giggle at La Parka dancing on his chair.. The Eagles helping Thrillapalooza to get the win is a nice touch.. another solid match for the PPV.. we go back to serious matters with The Hitman.. nice change of pace.. ill ignore that annoying Pamela Paulshock.. glad she only debuted in 2000 and not 1998 in real.. doubt I couldve survived 3 years of her.. she doesnt seem as annoying or useless in your diary.. Goldberg demanding Gene is funny.. wait Goldberg's in the Horsemen? never wouldve thought that.. interesting.. nice little interview to lead us into the match later though.. seems Chavo is getting a decentish push.. which i like to see.. and he is playing the face in peril role well here tonight.. Rey with the hot tag, and this seems like the match of the night thus far.. some more good stuff.. getting a win over Harlem Heat will definately solidify this team (as mentioned in your match report) i like the idea of a last man standing match taking place in a Cage.. a good twist on the match.. hopefully Page and Savage can deliver.. itll be a brawl so youd imagine they would.. from the write-up this sounds like a brutal war, and with Page just surviving his brutal attack is a nice false finish.. Savage going for the Cutter only to get it himself was a good finish.. another really good match.. Guerrero vs Malenko vs Regal in a Ladder Match? should be another good bout.. love how youre portraying Eddie.. standing at ringside drinking water.. good stuff.. Regal telling Malenko off for using a submission was another good spot.. your typical ladder spots are in here as well and this is a very good match.. Guerrero pulls out the win thanks to Malenko and Regal taking each other out.. very Guerrero.. good match.. again, I like the video beforehand.. I have a decent idea of whats led to this match between Nash and Raven now.. good start by Raven, getting Nash to wrestle - I bet hes blown up already after that first paragraph.. Nash fights back and uses 1/3 of his moveset :P WAIT A SECOND!?! Nash wins by a submission? hes got 4 moves now? interesting twist.. but another good brawl.. I like the show of respect from Nash, refusing to spray paint hime.. some tension between Nash and Hall and Im calling a Nash face turn in the not too distant future.. we follow up with some nice mic work by Hall to lead us into our US Title match.. Im getting bored of typing 'another good match' but it seems Benoit has brought the best out of Hall and we're got a stellar encounter here.. The multiple Germans, Headbutt, Crossface is what you expect a Benoit victory to look like.. but the journey to that finish was very good.. Goldberg vs Giant is a nice break from the technical action and a quick brawl followed by the customary Goldberg victory keeps the streak rolling.. a very good promo from Jericho.. channelling both late-90s Jericho and 2009 Jericho.. in a good combination.. and the cu-cu-ca-chu at the end was funny.. 'another good match' with all three men working each other over brilliantly.. i love how youve built each false finish up.. first with Sting, then with Hart both having Jericho close to tapping.. and then their in-fighting gives Jericho the opening to sneak in and steal victory from the jaws of defeat.. a very well worked main event.. [b]Overall[/b] I cant say there was a bad match on the card.. are you sure this is WCW? for a seemingly 'nothing' PPV in Road Wild youve given us a fantastic card.. I cant wait to see what sort of show you can put on at a show like Starrcade.. really glad I read this.. hopefully ill remember to keep checking out the weekly shows as I do love me some WCW.. look forward to Fall Brawl and War Games (assuming you do War Games at Fall Brawl) KUTGW mate, very enjoyable read for me..

FINALLY I'm all caught up with this, and I'm loving it. This is some top quality stuff as always. I think what sells me the most on it is the brilliant attention to detail for the era and the company, it just seems to authentic which immediately increases my enjoyment of it tenfold. Road Wild was awesome. As has already been said, it was somewhat of a throwaway PPV historically but you made it amazing. The Triple Threat ending made perfect sense, Jericho just hangs on but Sting and Hart, two of the biggest ever names in the industry continue to hold each other back, I love it. Fantastic stuff. I was going to mention other stuff I've loved, but to be honest, it'll take too long. The whole Nash attitude change is great, love how Eddie is getting more of a character, everything about this really is top notch. Fantastic. To be honest, I'm a tad surprised you kept going with Road Wild. I know it's a bit of a tradition of WCW but it made no money and an event like that could have drawn 30,000 huge, wild WCW marks rather than a bunch of inebriated bikers. I'm not one to doubt you of course, was just a little surprised you kept it going, unless you are a big Harley fan yourself. ANyway, loving it mate. I'll try to keep on top of this as much as possible because it realyl is some great stuff. Psicosis v [B]Juventud Guerrera[/B] [I]Name out of a hat[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]Eddie Guerrero (c) [/B]v 'Lord' Steven Regal [I]I think Eddie is gaining more than anyone else could with the belt[/I] Jerry Lynn and Billy Kidman v [B]The Steiner Brothers[/B] [I]I like the development of Kidman and Lynn, but we're talknig about the freakin' Steiners here[/I] 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith v [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] [I]I don't think Davey Boy can offer you anything much anymore unfortunately[/I] [B]'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle, 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright and Disco Inferno [/B]v Masahiro Chono, The Great Muta and Yuji Nagata [I]All 3 deserve a bit of a win here, although, so do their opponents. Both would benefit from a win for sure[/I] [B]The Giant [/B]v Raven [I]As much as I'm enjoying Raven's push, he's against a freakin' giant. And one that lost at Road Wild, so could probably do with a win to push him up. The Giant really should be a big feature for WCW, but Raven should look good in the loss because he's got so much to offer[/I] Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v [B]Sting[/B] [I]Wow, huge match to give away for free. I reckon there must be a screwy ending, but I love the realism of giving away a match like this for free, it's very WCW-like but makes more sense than, say, Hogan vs. Goldberg. I'm saying Sting just to annoy Bret a bit, which would add to their whole oneupmanship dimension[/I] Looks like it'll be a cracking card.

[QUOTE=tristram;700918]Thanks mate. I like it, I mean nothing really stands out as being ground breaking [I]at the moment[/I] but throughout most of the shows there's teasers to the ultimate sacrifices that we build to. I kinda wanted a simple focus on the matches, because I thought the card spoke for itself match quality wise, so it was a deliberate strategy here not to over book the out of match segments, which I suppose can bore up a card a bit. I understand your feelings on the main event mate, what I liked about the card was I'm sure if I booked it in 12 months time there could be 3 or 4 different results, there was a lot of matches that were I think booked to an extent where the match was such that anyone could win. And that made it enjoyable for me to write ;)[/QUOTE] It seemed like a "moving forward" PPV rather than a "finale" PPV. The kind of show that moves stories along, and introduces some new ones, rather than really ends much. Nothing wrong with that kind of show, especially when everything is still entertaining. They are actually kinda necessary when you are building towards something big. Psicosis v [B]Juventud Guerrera[/B] WCW Television Championship: [B]Eddie Guerrero[/B] (c) v 'Lord' Steven Regal Jerry Lynn and Billy Kidman v [B]The Steiner Brothers[/B] 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith v [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] [B]'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle, 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright [/B]and Disco Inferno v Masahiro Chono, The Great Muta and Yuji Nagata [B]The Giant[/B] v Raven [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v Sting[/B] (stipulation to be decided by the winning tipper from Road Wild) [I]Gonna call this one a draw of some type. [/I] Bonus Tie Breaker Question: What is the traditional element that WCW Monday Nitro will begin to promote? [B]Do Texas Death Matches count as "traditional"?[/B]

First of all, GREAT Pay-Per-View! Most things have already been said as I write this but you are one of the most talented writers I've seen and I hope that one day Vince snatches you up to write for WWE. ;) Psicosis v [B]Juventud Guerrera[/B] [I]Juvi may have lost at the PPV but he will get his rematch![/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]Eddie Guerrero (c)[/B] v 'Lord' Steven Regal [I]A close bout but Malenko interferes, causing the DQ.[/I] Jerry Lynn and Billy Kidman v [B]The Steiner Brothers[/B] [I]It's a Thrillapa -- Oh, wait, they're STEINERIZED![/I] 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith v [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] [I]The Iceman steps back into the winning ways.[/I] 'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle, 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright and Disco Inferno v [B]Masahiro Chono, The Great Muta and Yuji Nagata[/B] [I]The Japan contingent gets the win over Wright or Disco by cheating.[/I] The Giant v [B]Raven[/B] [I]A difficult match for me to choose but honestly I'd rather see Raven get the win here.[/I] [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v Sting[/B] [I]A draw due to the stipulation selected. :D[/I] Bonus Tie Breaker Question: What is the traditional element that WCW Monday Nitro will begin to promote? [SIZE=4][B]WAR GAMES!!![/B][/SIZE]

Fantastic show mate, but I expected nothing less. Personnel highlights for me: Every match was top notch with the main event probably being my favourite. Superb triple threat match. As keef said the ending was exactly right. The bit with Eddie and Flair, although it seemed so simple, I thought was a great way of promoting Malenko who isn't going to do much talking himself. Not sure why, but I just really liked the segment, different from the standard taunting promo. I can't wait to see what's happening with Nash. The bit with Raven was very well done and just leaves us with the question of whether he will turn on the nWo or not. I like how Raven is even earning respect from people like Nash aswell. Oh and I seriously can't wait for Starrcade 98. [B]Psicosis[/B] v Juventud Guerrera [I]Juvi lost at Road Wild so I think Psicosis could emerge as the new challenger.[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]Eddie Guerrero (c)[/B] v 'Lord' Steven Regal [I]I like both, but Eddie more. He has been brilliant in this diary and I expect him to keep the strap longer.[/I] Jerry Lynn and Billy Kidman v [B]The Steiner Brothers[/B] [I]Two much star power for Lynn and Kidman to contend with. [/I] 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith v [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] [I]Malenko needs to be kept strong in my opinion. Bulldog hasn't really been doing much and Malenko is, of course, part of the horsemen.[/I] [B]'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle, 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright and Disco Inferno[/B] v Masahiro Chono, The Great Muta and Yuji Nagata [I]With Angle being my favourite ever wrestler, I gotta go with him.[/I] [B]The Giant[/B] v Raven [I]Raven is looking ready for the big time and a loss to The Giant won't change that at all. It would be amazing if he could get the win though, but I just don't see it, especially after the loss to Goldberg.[/I] Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v [B]Sting[/B] [I]What a match for Nitro! I agree with keef though about the 'screwy ending'.[/I] [B]Bonus Tie Breaker Question: What is the traditional element that WCW Monday Nitro will begin to promote?[/B] I honestly do not know, but can't wait for it all the same.

[QUOTE=mad5226;700951]Great show man. Obviously the Main Event was something special, but i also love the way the Raven Nash match went down. I'm anxious to see what happens with Big Sexy next.[/QUOTE] Thanks mate. What I was looking for there was something ... desperate... and I think desperation tends to drive creativity and innovation. What I was intending really was for Nash to go over but having to do something outside of his comfort zone to beat the resilience of Raven. ;) [QUOTE=|Anderz|;700954]im coming in 'cold' so to speak.. I havent read much before Road Wild.. but from what Id quickly looked over I thought it would be worth a proper look.. so... [b]Road Wild 1998[/b] early thoughts from the build up.. not sure if id buy Jericho as World Champ this 'early' - im guessing though, that hes been built up to it really well and not just thrown the strap.. so I probably would buy it had I seen his rise.. the intro video is a great introduction for me, letting me know what ive missed in a quick outline style.. an angry DDP to kick things off.. all this backstage stuff before the opening match of a PPV is very WCW.. Lyger vs Juvi seemed like a good Cruiserweight opener.. solid stuff to kick things off and a contreversial finish as well.. the nWo not taking the Road Wild spirit gives them some good cheap heat with the fans.. I can imagine Flair and Guerrero being gold and sets up the Malenko match later.. im probably sounding like an idiot who shouldve read more but are Kidman/Lynn/Storm a band? different.. and whos Ryan Lynn? had to giggle at La Parka dancing on his chair.. The Eagles helping Thrillapalooza to get the win is a nice touch.. another solid match for the PPV.. we go back to serious matters with The Hitman.. nice change of pace.. ill ignore that annoying Pamela Paulshock.. glad she only debuted in 2000 and not 1998 in real.. doubt I couldve survived 3 years of her.. she doesnt seem as annoying or useless in your diary.. Goldberg demanding Gene is funny.. wait Goldberg's in the Horsemen? never wouldve thought that.. interesting.. nice little interview to lead us into the match later though.. seems Chavo is getting a decentish push.. which i like to see.. and he is playing the face in peril role well here tonight.. Rey with the hot tag, and this seems like the match of the night thus far.. some more good stuff.. getting a win over Harlem Heat will definately solidify this team (as mentioned in your match report) i like the idea of a last man standing match taking place in a Cage.. a good twist on the match.. hopefully Page and Savage can deliver.. itll be a brawl so youd imagine they would.. from the write-up this sounds like a brutal war, and with Page just surviving his brutal attack is a nice false finish.. Savage going for the Cutter only to get it himself was a good finish.. another really good match.. Guerrero vs Malenko vs Regal in a Ladder Match? should be another good bout.. love how youre portraying Eddie.. standing at ringside drinking water.. good stuff.. Regal telling Malenko off for using a submission was another good spot.. your typical ladder spots are in here as well and this is a very good match.. Guerrero pulls out the win thanks to Malenko and Regal taking each other out.. very Guerrero.. good match.. again, I like the video beforehand.. I have a decent idea of whats led to this match between Nash and Raven now.. good start by Raven, getting Nash to wrestle - I bet hes blown up already after that first paragraph.. Nash fights back and uses 1/3 of his moveset :P WAIT A SECOND!?! Nash wins by a submission? hes got 4 moves now? interesting twist.. but another good brawl.. I like the show of respect from Nash, refusing to spray paint hime.. some tension between Nash and Hall and Im calling a Nash face turn in the not too distant future.. we follow up with some nice mic work by Hall to lead us into our US Title match.. Im getting bored of typing 'another good match' but it seems Benoit has brought the best out of Hall and we're got a stellar encounter here.. The multiple Germans, Headbutt, Crossface is what you expect a Benoit victory to look like.. but the journey to that finish was very good.. Goldberg vs Giant is a nice break from the technical action and a quick brawl followed by the customary Goldberg victory keeps the streak rolling.. a very good promo from Jericho.. channelling both late-90s Jericho and 2009 Jericho.. in a good combination.. and the cu-cu-ca-chu at the end was funny.. 'another good match' with all three men working each other over brilliantly.. i love how youve built each false finish up.. first with Sting, then with Hart both having Jericho close to tapping.. and then their in-fighting gives Jericho the opening to sneak in and steal victory from the jaws of defeat.. a very well worked main event.. [b]Overall[/b] I cant say there was a bad match on the card.. are you sure this is WCW? for a seemingly 'nothing' PPV in Road Wild youve given us a fantastic card.. I cant wait to see what sort of show you can put on at a show like Starrcade.. really glad I read this.. hopefully ill remember to keep checking out the weekly shows as I do love me some WCW.. look forward to Fall Brawl and War Games (assuming you do War Games at Fall Brawl) KUTGW mate, very enjoyable read for me..[/QUOTE] Wow, thats the most in-depth review I think I've ever had. And I'm really glad you picked up all the little intangibles woven into the outcomes. It was very important for me that the right stories were sold irrespective of the match results, and often there were little hidden nuisances in each of the segments and the matches themselves that are vital on the road to Starrcade, so thanks for that. I think I speak for a lot of people that having a concise round up of the action helps to brings things into perspective for those reading, so I really appreciate you taking the time to enjoy the card and put your thoughts out there. :D [QUOTE=darthsiddus2;701013]I STILL think that vince should've taken advantage of the sturgis bike rally but because Eric let the bikers get in free vince would've charged them. meh still this show was absolutely brilliant![/QUOTE] Wow, thanks mate. I kinda see the "Harley" demographic as a niche market that could be really lent upon for more sold seats come house show times. Plus... I used to like watching Road Wild or Hog Wild as it was once called, it was kind of a unique event and I think sometimes Pay-Per-Views can be same same and lose some character so having the biker theme was awesome for me to write and utilise. [QUOTE=keefmoon;701025]FINALLY I'm all caught up with this, and I'm loving it. This is some top quality stuff as always. I think what sells me the most on it is the brilliant attention to detail for the era and the company, it just seems to authentic which immediately increases my enjoyment of it tenfold. Road Wild was awesome. As has already been said, it was somewhat of a throwaway PPV historically but you made it amazing. The Triple Threat ending made perfect sense, Jericho just hangs on but Sting and Hart, two of the biggest ever names in the industry continue to hold each other back, I love it. Fantastic stuff. I was going to mention other stuff I've loved, but to be honest, it'll take too long. The whole Nash attitude change is great, love how Eddie is getting more of a character, everything about this really is top notch. Fantastic. To be honest, I'm a tad surprised you kept going with Road Wild. I know it's a bit of a tradition of WCW but it made no money and an event like that could have drawn 30,000 huge, wild WCW marks rather than a bunch of inebriated bikers. I'm not one to doubt you of course, was just a little surprised you kept it going, unless you are a big Harley fan yourself. ANyway, loving it mate. I'll try to keep on top of this as much as possible because it realyl is some great stuff. Psicosis v [B]Juventud Guerrera[/B] [I]Name out of a hat[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]Eddie Guerrero (c) [/B]v 'Lord' Steven Regal [I]I think Eddie is gaining more than anyone else could with the belt[/I] Jerry Lynn and Billy Kidman v [B]The Steiner Brothers[/B] [I]I like the development of Kidman and Lynn, but we're talknig about the freakin' Steiners here[/I] 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith v [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] [I]I don't think Davey Boy can offer you anything much anymore unfortunately[/I] [B]'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle, 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright and Disco Inferno [/B]v Masahiro Chono, The Great Muta and Yuji Nagata [I]All 3 deserve a bit of a win here, although, so do their opponents. Both would benefit from a win for sure[/I] [B]The Giant [/B]v Raven [I]As much as I'm enjoying Raven's push, he's against a freakin' giant. And one that lost at Road Wild, so could probably do with a win to push him up. The Giant really should be a big feature for WCW, but Raven should look good in the loss because he's got so much to offer[/I] Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v [B]Sting[/B] [I]Wow, huge match to give away for free. I reckon there must be a screwy ending, but I love the realism of giving away a match like this for free, it's very WCW-like but makes more sense than, say, Hogan vs. Goldberg. I'm saying Sting just to annoy Bret a bit, which would add to their whole oneupmanship dimension[/I] Looks like it'll be a cracking card.[/QUOTE] My mate runs like a Harley escort service. Very profitable business and great fun to be around. Me personally, I don't own one ('sif I have the cash for it :( ) but I reckon they're full of character. In that sense if I was really the Bisch I would be all over a bike week to a Sturgis Pay-Per-View. Hey, it's really great to see you back around here. You and me got things jacked up at times and had some great fun on the forum and in PMs. Heh, I remember some of the kind words said about certain performers, always made me laugh :D [QUOTE=Bigpapa42;701079]It seemed like a "moving forward" PPV rather than a "finale" PPV. The kind of show that moves stories along, and introduces some new ones, rather than really ends much. Nothing wrong with that kind of show, especially when everything is still entertaining. They are actually kinda necessary when you are building towards something big. Psicosis v [B]Juventud Guerrera[/B] WCW Television Championship: [B]Eddie Guerrero[/B] (c) v 'Lord' Steven Regal Jerry Lynn and Billy Kidman v [B]The Steiner Brothers[/B] 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith v [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] [B]'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle, 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright [/B]and Disco Inferno v Masahiro Chono, The Great Muta and Yuji Nagata [B]The Giant[/B] v Raven [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v Sting[/B] (stipulation to be decided by the winning tipper from Road Wild) [I]Gonna call this one a draw of some type. [/I] Bonus Tie Breaker Question: What is the traditional element that WCW Monday Nitro will begin to promote? [B]Do Texas Death Matches count as "traditional"?[/B][/QUOTE] I agree mate, sometimes you need a Pay-Per-View to solidify the core of your roster rather than to outwardly explode a new theme or new idea, and this is what Road Wild was for me. It carries on the subplots, the main plots, and the twists and turns are building and coming to life. I'm glad to see this has been the general reaction, I've never been a particularly good writer/booker of the big twists, its all the long build for me... [QUOTE=angeldelayette;701123]First of all, GREAT Pay-Per-View! Most things have already been said as I write this but you are one of the most talented writers I've seen and I hope that one day Vince snatches you up to write for WWE. ;) Psicosis v [B]Juventud Guerrera[/B] [I]Juvi may have lost at the PPV but he will get his rematch![/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]Eddie Guerrero (c)[/B] v 'Lord' Steven Regal [I]A close bout but Malenko interferes, causing the DQ.[/I] Jerry Lynn and Billy Kidman v [B]The Steiner Brothers[/B] [I]It's a Thrillapa -- Oh, wait, they're STEINERIZED![/I] 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith v [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] [I]The Iceman steps back into the winning ways.[/I] 'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle, 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright and Disco Inferno v [B]Masahiro Chono, The Great Muta and Yuji Nagata[/B] [I]The Japan contingent gets the win over Wright or Disco by cheating.[/I] The Giant v [B]Raven[/B] [I]A difficult match for me to choose but honestly I'd rather see Raven get the win here.[/I] [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v Sting[/B] [I]A draw due to the stipulation selected. :D[/I] Bonus Tie Breaker Question: What is the traditional element that WCW Monday Nitro will begin to promote? [SIZE=4][B]WAR GAMES!!![/B][/SIZE][/QUOTE] Gee, thanks dude. Thanks for the cudos. By the way, I love the stipulation you picked, which we'll reveal in the card, I really dig it mate! :D [QUOTE=totti;701128]Fantastic show mate, but I expected nothing less. Personnel highlights for me: Every match was top notch with the main event probably being my favourite. Superb triple threat match. As keef said the ending was exactly right. The bit with Eddie and Flair, although it seemed so simple, I thought was a great way of promoting Malenko who isn't going to do much talking himself. Not sure why, but I just really liked the segment, different from the standard taunting promo. I can't wait to see what's happening with Nash. The bit with Raven was very well done and just leaves us with the question of whether he will turn on the nWo or not. I like how Raven is even earning respect from people like Nash aswell. Oh and I seriously can't wait for Starrcade 98. [B]Psicosis[/B] v Juventud Guerrera [I]Juvi lost at Road Wild so I think Psicosis could emerge as the new challenger.[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]Eddie Guerrero (c)[/B] v 'Lord' Steven Regal [I]I like both, but Eddie more. He has been brilliant in this diary and I expect him to keep the strap longer.[/I] Jerry Lynn and Billy Kidman v [B]The Steiner Brothers[/B] [I]Two much star power for Lynn and Kidman to contend with. [/I] 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith v [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] [I]Malenko needs to be kept strong in my opinion. Bulldog hasn't really been doing much and Malenko is, of course, part of the horsemen.[/I] [B]'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle, 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright and Disco Inferno[/B] v Masahiro Chono, The Great Muta and Yuji Nagata [I]With Angle being my favourite ever wrestler, I gotta go with him.[/I] [B]The Giant[/B] v Raven [I]Raven is looking ready for the big time and a loss to The Giant won't change that at all. It would be amazing if he could get the win though, but I just don't see it, especially after the loss to Goldberg.[/I] Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v [B]Sting[/B] [I]What a match for Nitro! I agree with keef though about the 'screwy ending'.[/I] [B]Bonus Tie Breaker Question: What is the traditional element that WCW Monday Nitro will begin to promote?[/B] I honestly do not know, but can't wait for it all the same.[/QUOTE] Thanks mate. I'm glad you've taken it the way you have with your comment on Eddie/Flair, you see, this is what I love about this particular roster. There are so many different ways you can go with most of the characters, so many obvious stigmas attached to them to build feuds off. I'm also glad for your reaction to Raven's loss, yes the non spray painting was obviously a deliberate ploy and something delicate and small that meant something. I always find the best TV shows or the best books are ones where you have throwaway small moments that come back to clinch something, and the clincher simply was here to build Raven's resilience and the reaction that resilience gains. Aside from Jericho I guess, I'm not one to throw names into the main event unearned, and this is all part of the process that eventually Raven will get the dues I thought shoulda got. ------------ Thanks again peeps, I'm so glad the Pay-Per-View was received the way it was. The responses totally make this all worthwhile. :D

Well that was much better than the actual Jay Leno main event from Road Wild of that year, so congrats! But really, I think it shows the amazing directions could have gone and could have been at during this time peroid with just things going differently. I loved seeing Page go over since he was my favorite from WCW at this time, but it seemed a little odd to have a cage match in the middle of a PPV. It still worked, just the second time I was reading over Road Wild it hit me there was a cage match between a Tag Titles and Tv Title defense, I dunno. I'm sure it played in Page's favorite so I can't complain too much! Psicosis v [B]Juventud Guerrera[/B] [I]Psicosis is a strong player in this diary, this will be a good win for Juvy.[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]Eddie Guerrero[/B] (c) v 'Lord' Steven Regal [I]After retaining last night I don't see him dropping it here.[/I] Jerry Lynn and Billy Kidman v [B]The Steiner Brothers[/B] [I]Steiners are my favorite tag team, can't pick these guy to beat them.[/I] 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith v [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] [I]Whether by submission or DQ, Malenko will win.[/I] 'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle, 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright and Disco Inferno v [B]Masahiro Chono, The Great Muta and Yuji Nagata[/B] [I]This looks like as good as any spot to give the guys from Japan a win. I was rewatching some old WCW a few weeks ago and was reminded of Berlyn, any chance of Wright ever turning to that persona? It was a pretty awesome look and could of evelated Wright if his opponents let it, but alas, it was WCW.[/I] [B]The Giant[/B] v Raven [I]Every once in awhile you put together a match that I wished at some point happened and I check YouTube to see if it exists. I checked, this one doesn't, but it would of been a lot of fun.[/I] Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v Sting (stipulation to be decided by the winning tipper from Road Wild) [I]No clue, I'm going to say draw/double countout or dq, something indecisive.[/I]

[QUOTE=randomfreeze;701447][B]The Giant[/B] v Raven [I]Every once in awhile you put together a match that I wished at some point happened and I check YouTube to see if it exists. I checked, this one doesn't, but it would of been a lot of fun.[/I][/QUOTE] They did have a brief brawl in the bathroom captured by GTV :o

Wow Trist, just read through Road Wild and it is as great as everyone says it is. I wont go into too much detail or your head wont be able to fit through the door. Personal highlights for me were, in no particular order: The interaction between Flair and Guerrero. The Muthah Humping Eagles! DDP getting the win in an awesome match Jericho retains! Jericho retains! Psicosis v [B]Juventud Guerrera[/B] Who set the Juice loose aboot this hoose? WCW Television Championship: [B]Eddie Guerrero (c)[/B] v 'Lord' Steven Regal Dont see Eddie dropping the strap juuuuuust yet. Jerry Lynn and Billy Kidman v [B]The Steiner Brothers[/B] I refuse to acknowledge a Steiner Brothers loss. Thats right...I'm a Steiner Decliner! 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith v '[B]The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] Dean Malerkle knows approximately 999 more holds than Davey Boy. [B]'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle, 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright and Disco Inferno [/B]v Masahiro Chono, The Great Muta and Yuji Nagata Great six man tag, or greatest six man tag? [B]The Giant[/B] v Raven Didn't these two have a hardcore match? Or was Kane involved? Either way, Giants eat Ravens for breakfast. [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] v Sting (stipulation to be decided by the winning tipper from Road Wild) I can't see this one going clean either. Bonus Tie Breaker Question: What is the traditional element that WCW Monday Nitro will begin to promote? No more moves from the top rope dammit! And no safety mats you pussies!

Well I've had a fair whack of catching up to do, but as always I'm loving your work Tristram. I had to go all the way back to Bash at the Beach, but it has been a joy catching up. Kudos, mad props, say it however you want, it's awesome stuff and long may it continue!

[QUOTE=tristram;701425]Wow, thats the most in-depth review I think I've ever had. And I'm really glad you picked up all the little intangibles woven into the outcomes. It was very important for me that the right stories were sold irrespective of the match results, and often there were little hidden nuisances in each of the segments and the matches themselves that are vital on the road to Starrcade, so thanks for that. I think I speak for a lot of people that having a concise round up of the action helps to brings things into perspective for those reading, so I really appreciate you taking the time to enjoy the card and put your thoughts out there. :D [/QUOTE] It's really not a problem, I doubt Ill be able to offer up as much feedback for the TV shows - but for PPVs ill be able to.. I always find its useful to get in-depth feedback, not only does it show people are actually caring about what your booking - but helps bring things into perspective and is much more valuable (to me at least) than simple 'out of the hat' predictions.. It's a reason I don't personally give feedback all that often, I feel like Im cheating the writer by not going into a proper in-depth review of a show.. If I'd got more time I would've read this more often.. anyway, ill stop clogging up your diary and let you get on with things.. oh, and I thought it would be Ryan Shamrock.. but didn't want to sound like a tard if it wasnt.. still KUTGW!

[CENTER][img]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/mondaynitro.jpg[/img][/CENTER] At the top of the show a video plays in a grayscale grainy picture, highlighting the issues between [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] and [B]Sting[/B] last night at Road Wild, that led ultimately to [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho [/B]retaining the WCW World Heavyweight Championship; * We see Sting locking in the Scorpion Deathlock, to be denied by Bret Hart * We see Bret Hart locking in the Sharpshooter on Jericho, only to be denied by Sting * We see Sting hit a Scorpion Death Drop on Bret Hart, before Sting realised his chance had been caused by Jericho tripped Hart from the outside, and Sting not realising Jericho was there to spear him, and set him up for the finish * We see Jericho hitting the Lionsault for a quick 1 2 3 * We then see Bret Hart and Sting lying motionless on the mat, eyes glazed, looking over at one another barely believing that they had cost each other the WCW World Heavyweight Championship We pan around the sold out arena here in Corpus Christi, Texas, before panning back to [B]Tony Schiavone, Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan[/B], and bowing behind the table, [B]'The Living Legend' Larry Zbysko[/B]... "Ladies and gentlemen welcome to a live and sold out Monday Nitro," Schiavone begins. "I'm Tony Schiavone, and joining me here tonight from Corpus Christi, in the southern belt of Texas is Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan and 'Living Legend' Larry Zbysko and what a show we have in store for you tonight, including a full recap of the amazing action from Sturgis last night from Road Wil... Hang on a second, what's that?" [CENTER][URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYrsDT02OcE"][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/1512Orange_Play_Button.png[/IMG][/CENTER][/url] [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B] walks down the ramp in a gray cowboy hat, and flicks Cowboy gun salutes to the Texan crowd as he continues to ham it up to the crowd, with his WCW World Heavyweight Championship slapped over his right shoulder. Once in the ring he lets the chorus of boos intensify, before claiming the microphone from [B]David Penzer[/B]. "Da da da da,.... da da da da.... Who is the tall and dark stranger there, Chris Jericho is the name... Smooth as a handle on a gun, Jericho is his name... Riverboat ring your bell, featherbell light a bell, luck is the lady that he loves the best... From Sturgis South Dakota to Corpus Christi, Chris Jericho is a legend of the west... Maverick Chris Jericho is the best," Jericho sings, "And he is still your World Heavyweight Champ... da da da ... da da da da." Finally, he stops singing. "You know, last night I continued on this amazing streak as your King of the World, your Ayotollah of Rock N Rolllllllllaaaaa, your paragon of good virtue and YOUR World... Heavyweight... Champion! So come one, come all, Corpus Christi welcome to Monday Night JERICHO! So all you Jerichoholics out there, stand up, be proud, and remember, I want you to want me! I will never...EVVEEEEEEEEEEEER treat you, my Jerichoholics badly, just because I am so much better than you. And what I'd li..." Just then, [B]Sting's[/B] music starts, and the gothic warrior slowly traipses down the aisle. He looks emotionless, stoic, he gets in the ring and stands face to face with Jericho, holding the baseball bat at his chest, before dropping it. "Junior, what in God's name do you think you are doing interrupting the King of the Wor.." "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!", Sting cries out. "Oh my, Sting has come to talk," Schiavone pathetically remarks. Or should that prophetically, maybe I'm being a little harsh as Sting really hasn't talked much in the last year. "You wanna know something, Chris Jericho? Last night at Road Wild, I had you beat. In the middle of the ring, I had you beaten. That Championship was coming back to me, it was coming back to WCW, it was coming back to all these great WCW fans... WOOOOOOOOOO!! You stand here and call yourself a Champion? You see, as I see it, there was one line in that song that is most... appropriate. Luck, is the lady... that he loves...." "Whoa whoa whoa, hold on Junior. Take a breath mint and SHUT..THE...HELL...UP! All I've heard lately Junior is Sting Sting Sting Sting Sting Sting Sting .. Sting! And Junior, I'm sick to death of it! You know why? Because I'm the World Heavyweight Champion..." "Quit your whinin pal," Sting retorts. "But I'm not whining!!!" Jericho whines. "Last night, the winner of the match in this very ring was me, your paragon of good virtue, your ayota.." "Yeah yeah yeah, get to your point." "The point is this. I'm the king of the castle, and you're a dirty gothic hoe bag rascal!," Jericho cried out in a fit of tantrums. "And frankly, as the World Heavyweight Champion I get a say as to who gets a shot at my beloved... my precious... my precious gold. Do you know how precious this thing is to me, Stingy Doo? Last Wednesday night, my wife was vacuuming, and do you know what she asked me to do? She asked me to pick that thing up off the floor, and you know what I did?" "Cry?" Sting answers. "Fine! I've been trying to play nice, I really have. As far as I'm concerned, I don't believe you should have the first shot at my Championship. Instead, being the fair paragon of good virtue that I am, I am going to propose a match tonight. You see tonight, we're going to rock down to Electric Avenue, and we'll take this baby higher because tonight it will be... Sting, versus Bret 'The Hitman' Hart... but with a twist, ....." "Which is?" "Your guest referee.... ME!" Sting goes to wind up, but Jericho raises his microphone. "Oh Sting, I wouldn't touch a referee, if I was you..." Sting stands there stoically, almost glaring down Jericho, before we cut to a commercial break. [CENTER]-----------------------[/CENTER] After the commercial break, a graphic highlights that tonight, [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart [/B]will go one on one with [B]Sting[/B], with [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B] as the special guest referee. [CENTER]-----------------------[/CENTER] Another graphic pops up announcing that tonight in Corpus Christi, the [B]nWo[/B] will speak on the state of professional wrestling. [CENTER]------------------------[/CENTER] Backstage, as [B]Scott Hall[/B] puts his bag on the leather sofa in the nWo dressing room, [B]Curt Hennig [/B]is hanging around like a bad smell. "Oh he did Scott, you gotta know it... You know he did..." Hennig smiles arrogantly, chews his gum and walks off, as Scott Hall stops to take in what Hennig was talking about. [I]Which was?[/I] [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/PsicosisMask.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/JuventudGuerrera-1.jpg[/IMG] Psicosis v Juventud Guerrera[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] A great match to open up Nitro. Two lucha legends, two of the best aerial exponents in the game. Juventud has taken his standard of wrestilng to another level since he gained added exposure in Thrillapalooza, and on the other hand Psicosis is a recent Cruiserweight Champion. So it made sense that this match was given extra time to develop, even allowing for some slow moments to build up the crowd atmosphere, before exploding with dazzling moves. Finally, after a very good bout, Psicosis found himself culprit to a flying headscissors takedown, Juvi then pulled him back to the corner...450 Splash! [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Juventud Guerrera[/SIZE][/CENTER] [/QUOTE] Before heading to the break, a graphic highlighted that after the next match, we would hear from the [B]New World Order[/B]. [QUOTE][CENTER][SIZE="5"][B][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/EddyGuerrero2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/StevenRegal2.jpg[/IMG] WCW Television Championship Eddie Guerrero (c) v 'Lord' Steven Regal[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] A crisp match, lots of cheap underhand tactics, but a crisp match none the less. Regal brawled and rumbled, Eddie kept dodging and deflecting, and after 8 minutes Eddie started to gain some slight ascendency. After a criss cross chain wrestling spot, Eddie 'accidentally' bumped Mickey Jay, who fell to the mat. Eddie after getting up from the elbow to the head from Regal went to the corner, and started undoing the top turnbuckle pad. He then slid under the ring, and gained a small red can. He opened the red can, which had water based red paint in it. He proceeded to smear some over his forehead, before jumping back in the ring. Regal looked on confused, but when Mickey Jay came to, Eddie was clinging to the top rope, hanging over it, and started pointing at the turnbuckle pad. Mickey Jay looked at Steven Regal who looked astonished, as Mickey Jay disqualified Steven Regal! [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, and STILL WCW Television Champion, Eddie Guerrero[/SIZE][/CENTER] [/QUOTE] [B]Eddie Guerrero[/B] raced out of the ring, as [B]Steven Regal[/B] raced to the edge of the ring and hung over the top rope trying to haul him back in. Mickey Jay continued to admonish Regal, while Eddie turned around and grinned as we cut to a break. [CENTER]------------------------[/CENTER] After the break, the [B]nWo [/B]come down to ringside, without 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho, but basically the whole band is there. Once in the ring they gather around and flick each other the nWo signal, as [B]'Easy E' Eric Bischoff [/B]takes the microphone. "Thank you! Thank you! We love you guys, and God, I love this job! Last night, what a great night, 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho, congratulations on a deserved retaining of your World Heavyweight Championship. Now, Taz, this is my first opportunity to publically congratulate you on becoming the newest member of the n...W...o, so put it there, tough guy!" Bischoff puts out his right hand, but instead of shaking it, [B]Taz[/B] merely takes the microphone. "Not for nothing Bischoff," Taz begins, "But I'm not here to shake your hand. I'm not even here to be your friend. I'm here to choke a lot of people all brother, and I'm sure not for nothing you wouldn't want it any other way..." Bischoff's frown turns to a smile, as he claps as Taz passes the microphone to [B]Scott Hall[/B]. "Hey... Hey Yo," he begins. "You might have heard by now, but we've been going around taking a little survey. But tonight chico, I'm not interested in a little survey. You see, last night, Kev, as I walked down the aisle, and you came back, I gave you the nWo sign bro, and you didn't bother doing the same. Bro, when you put on the nWo patch, its for life..." "What are you trying to say, lil Scott?" [B]Kevin Nash[/B] enquires, as he stands toe to toe with Hall. "What I'm trying to say bro is.." "Whoa whoa whoa, maybe you best sit your greasy hairy [BEEP] down and listen for once in your life. You know, last night, I walked the aisle and wrestled Raven. The One Man Army of World Championship Wrestling. And you know what? It was the most intense fight of my life. In my mind I couldn't work a way out of the predicament I found myself in. Even me, this big dawg, couldn't find a way out. And you know what happened... BRO? My subconscious, my subliminal mind took control, and somehow... SOMEHOW... I won. And yeah, as I walked to the back, I was still out of this world. And yet you, YOU Scott Hall have the audacity to question me? Let me tell you something, PAL! Last night, despite it all.... I won! You? What happened to you? Exactly! So Scott, I'm going to take what you just said, shine it up real good, shove it sideways up where the sun don't shine... and ignore it. Because, we're practically brothers. And this brotherhood of the ultimate revolution is for life and it's...." Hall is astounded at what Nash is saying, and stands with his mouth wide open. "...Ok, if you won't say it, TOOOOOOOO SWEEEEET," Nash continues. [B]Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell [/B]pounces around and poses, before smiling profusely that the band seems back together. Nash gives Hall the nWo signal, which is reciprocated. The click of hooves is heard, and out from under the Turner Tron comes [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair, 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit [/B]the United States Champion, [B]Bill Goldberg [/B]and [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B]. "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!" Flair begins. "Did somebody tell me that the Horsemen would be having a party in CORPUS CHRISTIIIII!! Is it true? WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!" "What do you want, Flair?" Bischoff asks. "Oh, what do I want? Do you know what time of the year it is? Actually, firstly, do you know who the hell you are speaking to, pal? I'm slick Ric, the nature boy... WOO the dirtiest player in the game. I'm a limousine riding, jet flying, kiss stealing, wheelin dealin son of a gun! And speaking of deals, I've just got off the phone to the WCW Executive Committee, and boys, the time of the year is simple... It's... WARGAMES! So I'm here to tell you Eric Bischoff, you better get the best of the best of the New World Order together, because at Wargames, you will be facing the elite... WOO! You see at Wargames, you are going to find out why diamonds are forever, and so is the Four Horsemen!!" The Click of Hooves echoes around the arena as the Horsemen hold aloft their four fingers, turn towards each other excited by the prospect of WarGames, and leave for the back. The nWo stands in the ring stunned, as we cut to a break. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/RickSteiner2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/ScottSteiner3.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/BillyKidman-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Jerry_Lynn6.jpg[/IMG] The Steiner Brothers v Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn)[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] A surprisingly good and valid tag team match here on Nitro. There were obvoiusly concerns that Thrillapalooza's up tempo style would be tempered by the Steiner brothers, perhaps almost to an extent that the crowd would turn them heel by way of their reaction. But the Steiners came to participate in the fun, and while there was few moves to the top from them, they kept the pace up with crisp chain wrestling. This was clearly appreciated from the large Corpus Christi crowd who ate up the match. However it was detrimental to the overall psyche of the powerful mat wrestlers with their extensive amateur background, and ultimately it led them open to an entertaining massive upset when Billy Kidman hit the Shooting Star Press on Rick Steiner for the pinfall, against all odds. Do we have any contending team in our midst? Is the ability of these to to gel too good to be true? [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Result:[/B] Your winners, Thrillapalooza[/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE] Post match, [B]Rick Steiner [/B]refused to be helped up by [B]Scott Steiner[/B], who turned around and drapsed his arms and head over the top rope in disgust. Scott turned back and shook his head in disappointment, before leaving the ring alone. He stopped halfway up the aisle, and waited for his brother, but the two men refused to make eye contact as they continued their way up the aisle. [CENTER]--------------------[/CENTER] We flash to the back where [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko [/B]is leaving the Four Horsemen dressing room. Before he leaves, [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair [/B]gets in his face. "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I look in your eyes Dean, and I see disappointment from last night, pal. But you know what lies deeper than all that? You're a second generation superstar, the best technical wrestler pound for pound on the face of this planet. You're a young Ricky Steamboat brother, and more importantly pal, you're a Horsemen. You are part of the elite, man, and not even Ricky Steamboat achieved that. So this goes for all of you, Bill, Chris, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, tonight marks the next phase of our campaign, to be the elite and to drive the cowards of the New World Order out of the house that the Horsemen built. It all starts tonight, and... WOOOOOOOOOOO we will take another massive stride towards winning yet another Horsemen campaign when we drive a stake through their hearts at War Games. Now Malenko brother, go get 'em, and remember, you are a Horsemen, because brother, you are too good NOT to be! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/DeanMalenko.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Davey_Boy_Smith5-1.jpg[/IMG] 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko v 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] If you want to put it mildly, Davey Boy lumbered around the ring... methodically. Malenko had his work cut out to keep the standard of the match to an acceptable level, and he did a decent job. It was clear Smith's back was causing him all sorts of grief, and it was probably a happy moment for him when the go home signal was given for Malenko to execute some good chain wrestling that ended up with a sloppy schoolboy roll up for the win. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Dean Malenko[/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE] Backstage, [B]'Mean' Gene Okerlund[/B] is standing by in the interview area. "Alright Tony, I thank you," he begins. "Tonight I have the pleasure of being joined by none other than the Excellence of Execution, Bret 'The Hitman' Hart." [B]Bret Hart[/B] walks onto the scene, with his pink sunglasses hiding his interview anxiety. "Bret, last night at Road Wild, you had a distinct opportunity to win the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. But due to Sting, you ended up losing that opportunity, and watched helplessly as Chris Jericho stayed alive against the odds to reclaim the Championship. Tonight you have an opportunity to take on Sting, one on one here on Monday Nitro." "You are quite right, Gene, last night, the Excellence of Execution was going to gain the coveted WCW World Heavyweight Championship. It was to be the defining moment of a great career when I was to defeat Sting, a former three time Champion and Chris Jericho, who had at that point had an amazing run as the Champion. I thought the match would be wrestled down the middle, I thought that each man would give as good as he had but at the end of the night Gene, I assumed... incorrectly... that all else would remain equal and the best man on the night would take home the Championship. That man, the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be, Bret Hart. We all know now that's not what happened, because Sting deceptively upset the apple cart. He took what was mine from the grasp of my..." Just then, [B]Sting[/B] walked onto the scene. He held the baseball bat to the chin of Hart who stepped back. "WOOOOOOOOO! Pal, you think you're the best there is. You really think you're the best there was? And for a second you think you're the best there ever will be? You know Hart, as far as I'm concerned, it's all hype. You wrestled in an inferior promotion and now you've come to WCW baby... where the big boys play. You're in the jungle baby! Last night, I did what I had to do to try and win the Championship, and you... YOU! YOU! Stepped in the way. The fact of the matter is, there was no way known to man that Chris Jericho was getting out of the Scorpion Deathlock, might I add a far superior and more technically proficient version of your... Sharpshooter..." "Oh yeah?" Hart retorts. "You're damn right. And tonight Hart, you will find out for sure why I am the franchise, the legacy of WCW. Why I was the solitary warrior who for so long held the nWo at bay. This promotion doesn't need you Hart. And neither do I. So tonight, when all's said and done, there will be a winner... so you better get ready, because... IT'S SHOWTIME!" Sting beats on his chest, before smiling in the face of Bret Hart and storming off. [CENTER]---------------------[/CENTER] Backstage, we can see the [B]Giant[/B] having [B]Bill Goldberg [/B]in an abdominal stretch. And boy, when a man as big as the Giant is pulling the move on you, your abs will be stretched big time. But before the Giant can really inflict the ultimate damage, the WCW United States Champion [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit [/B]stumbles onto the scene, which causes the Giant to cowardly run off, leaving Goldberg gasping for air. [CENTER]----------------------[/CENTER] Backstage, we see a hand knocking on the door of the Dancing Fools. The door clicks and opens, with Disco Inferno opening up to 'Your [B]Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle[/B], who is sporting a blue, red and white neck brace. "Disco, unt who is zit at ze door?" [B]Alex Wright [/B]calls out. "Well jive talkin turkey, what on earth do you want?" [B]Disco Inferno [/B]enquires. "Look, I know we haven't been the best of ... pals, but I need your help. You see, I'm booked three on one next against nWo Japan. And, with the way my FREAKIN neck is, that means the end of me. I know you two boys like... fighting???" "Ahhh... I see, groovey. I'll tell you what, you bust a jive and we'll come on out there and show those boys why Disco is always better than techno..." Angle looks flustered and confused. "Well go on! Dance! Do it! Do it!" Angle shakes his head, but then reluctantly starts breaking into the worst disco jive you have ever seen. "Well stone cold brother, looks like you have your team for tonight... to the disco-mobile!" We cut to a commercial break, as Alex Wright chucks a cheap European jive. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/MasahiroChono.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/thGreat_Muta2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Yuji_Nagata.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/backgroundANGLE.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/AlexWright6.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Disco_Inferno4.jpg[/IMG] nwo Japan (Masahiro Chono, The Great Muta and Yuji Nagata) v 'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle and the Dancing Fools ('Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright and Disco Inferno)[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] An above average match, Kurt Angle sold his neck injury well, and Masahiro Chono pursued him and it for everything it was worth. After a melee which saw all six men in the ring, the ring was cleared for Alex Wright to hit his Hangman's Neckbreaker on Yuji Nagata for the pinfall. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winners, Dancing Fools and Kurt Angle[/CENTER][/SIZE][/QUOTe] Backstage, in the Four Horsemen dressing room, there is a look of immense concern on the face of [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair [/B]as the doctors work with [B]Goldberg [/B]to try and expand his breathing after the vicious attack earlier from [B]the Giant[/B]. [CENTER]--------------------[/CENTER] Further backstage, we see [B]Raven[/B] who has with him his trolley full of weapons. He stops, and rolls them to [B]the Giant[/B], who looks puzzled. "I dare you," Raven implores. "Come on, hit me! Take your aggression out on me. I love pain, the question is do you? Or can you stand it? Are you for real, or are you a coward? What's the answer Giant? Will you face me next? Huh? What will it be? So it is written, so it shall come to pass. Quoth the Raven, Nevemore." As Raven turns away, the Giant smiles and picks up a kendo stick, and starts sadistically nodding his head. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Big_Show13.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Raven22.jpg[/IMG] Ravens Rulez The Giant v Raven[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Sheer mayhem, carnage, brutality. The immensely powerful Giant used the trash can and kendo stick violently on Raven, who time and time again smiled and shook it off before launching his own series of vicious attacks on the Giant. Raven has come such a long way recently, and is really now starting to get to the level of a wrestler like the Giant. The violence carried on, the mayhem intensified, before [B]Diamond Dallas Page[/B] slid into the ring, used the kendo stick that Raven was holding to turn him around and hit the Diamond Cutter. He implored the Giant to cover him, which he did. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, the Giant[/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE] Post match, [B]Diamond Dallas Page [/B]stepped aside for [B]the Giant [/B]to depart the ring, well satisifed with his win. Page picked [B]Raven[/B] up, and dropped him with another Diamond Cutter. He stood over Raven's corspe as Raven, unconscious as he was, smiled. Diamond Dallas Page looked frustrated, as he took the microphone from David Penzer. "Yo, you're going to just ... smile at me? After that? After I nearly shattered your neck? After I just hit you with the most dangerous move in all of professional wrestling? You know Raven, last night you may have earned the respect of 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash, but pal, you ain't earned nothing from me, and as far as I'm concerned, things are going to get real jacked up around here if you continue to get in the way of the New World Order. You talk about the One Man Army revolution, you talk about these hic fans, but you forget that the true revolution is the New World Order. And it's for life. It's my crusade Raven, it's my crusade that morons like yourself can't seem to get through their heads is for their best interests. I set up this revolution Raven, nearly a decade ago I set it up. I'm not going to let fools like you stop something that is so necessary. And being for life, we don't let infidels like you rain on our parade. So the choice is simple, to coin a phrase from Scott Hall, you want some, come get some. Because there's plenty more where that came from. You never know how, you never when, but when it happens, you'll know. Bada-bing, Bada-bang...BADA.." [I]OOOH YEAH[/I] can be heard on the Turner-Tron, before [I]Pomp and Circumstance[/I] starts. Coming out from underneath the Turner Tron, complete with the vervaciously sexy [B]Miss Elizabeth[/B] is [B]'Macho Man' Randy Savage[/B]. His head is swathed in bandages, the bandages themselves have red spots of blood potruding through them. He limps badly, as he walks to the bottom of the ramp, before addressing Page. "OOOOOOH YEAH! Diamond Dallas Page yeah last night you are right in saying things got jacked up yeah. You came to fight, I came to die if need be. You see Page, as far as you can see right now its people like Raven who stand in your way, but you still have not got through the madness yeah. The madness that runs through these veins, the power of which is in my hands yeah. You may have won the battle last night Page yeah, but I guar-an-TEE to you, yeah, by the time I'm done with you you will be nothing more than a memory.... OOOOOOOOOOH YEAH!" Page looks stunned, as Savage's eyes widen, almost daring him, as we cut to a break. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Bret_Hart28.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Sting51.jpg[/IMG] Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v Sting [IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/ChrisJericho2.jpg[/IMG] Special Guest Referee: WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Chris Jericho was clearly going to call this one down the middle, with impartiality to no one... except himself. He was enjoying watching Sting and Bret Hart bend every rule under the sun, and as far as he was concerned it was the type of match that suited him perfectly. In his mind, the man who won would get through to Fall Brawl would be that badly beat that they would stand no chance. Nice thought, anyway. For while this was brutal, while the tension was electric, there was a lot of good back and forth mat wrestling and chain wrestling that kept this match flowing naturally. Indeed, this was somewhat of a masterclass, a bit of a dream match up. Too good for Nitro perhaps. The crowd was lapping this action up. Some of the clinical submission holds both men were putting on each were outstanding. Of course, a couple bordered on chokes, but Chris Jericho didn't care. It seemed that everything goes here. It then got to the point where Jericho counted free falls extremely slowly, and took a very liberal approach to checking with the wrestlers if they wished to submit. He wanted the carnage to continue, and indeed it did. This resulted in numerous near falls, extreme frustration for both men, and the added tension added further physicality to the bout. After 18 minutes of fantastic action, the two wrestlers found themselves outside the ring. Jericho stood in the ring, and almost as if a light bulb flashed in his mind, he started counting in a very low voice but very quickly the 10 count..1.2.3.4..5.6.7.8.9.10. Neither wrestler knew what was going on, but Jericho was calling for the bell. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Result:[/B] Double count out[/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE] The cameras looked at [B]Bret Hart [/B]and [B]Sting[/B], who looked dumbfounded, and immediately turned to attack [B]Chris Jericho [/B]who rolled out of the ring. The cameras focused on him as he picked up the Championship, and he could clearly be heard saying "Neither won, that means no match for me at Fall Brawl!" Debris continued to fill the ring, before [B]JJ Dillon[/B], a long forgotten face and member of the WCW Executive Committee appeared on the Turner Tron. Chris Jericho looked mortified to see him there. "Very clever, Chris. Very clever. I suppose you believe therefore you will be facing neither man at Fall Brawl. Well, I'm here to tell you that that won't wash. You see, the WCW Executive Committee believe you are a fighting Champion, and as a fighting Champion we have been commissioned to ensure you have a challenge on your hands. So firstly, at Thunder, you will face the One Man Army himself [B]Raven [/B]for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship, and the winner of that match will face the winner out of Bret 'The Hitman' Hart and Sting, who will face each other in a best of three series! Thank you Chris, and goodnight America!" We focus back in on Jericho who is nearly in tears "Jo-Jo! You can't do this! No Jo-Jo, no!" He begins throwing a tantrum, slamming a chair into the ring post as we fade to black.

[QUOTE=randomfreeze;701447]Well that was much better than the actual Jay Leno main event from Road Wild of that year, so congrats! But really, I think it shows the amazing directions could have gone and could have been at during this time peroid with just things going differently. I loved seeing Page go over since he was my favorite from WCW at this time, but it seemed a little odd to have a cage match in the middle of a PPV. It still worked, just the second time I was reading over Road Wild it hit me there was a cage match between a Tag Titles and Tv Title defense, I dunno. I'm sure it played in Page's favorite so I can't complain too much! Psicosis v [B]Juventud Guerrera[/B] [I]Psicosis is a strong player in this diary, this will be a good win for Juvy.[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]Eddie Guerrero[/B] (c) v 'Lord' Steven Regal [I]After retaining last night I don't see him dropping it here.[/I] Jerry Lynn and Billy Kidman v [B]The Steiner Brothers[/B] [I]Steiners are my favorite tag team, can't pick these guy to beat them.[/I] 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith v [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] [I]Whether by submission or DQ, Malenko will win.[/I] 'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle, 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright and Disco Inferno v [B]Masahiro Chono, The Great Muta and Yuji Nagata[/B] [I]This looks like as good as any spot to give the guys from Japan a win. I was rewatching some old WCW a few weeks ago and was reminded of Berlyn, any chance of Wright ever turning to that persona? It was a pretty awesome look and could of evelated Wright if his opponents let it, but alas, it was WCW.[/I] [B]The Giant[/B] v Raven [I]Every once in awhile you put together a match that I wished at some point happened and I check YouTube to see if it exists. I checked, this one doesn't, but it would of been a lot of fun.[/I] Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v Sting (stipulation to be decided by the winning tipper from Road Wild) [I]No clue, I'm going to say draw/double countout or dq, something indecisive.[/I][/QUOTE] Yeah, going Page and Savage in the cage was almost a bit of a last second decision. You're right, technically cage matches should be the final Championship match of a card, but I felt a lot of the matches, without necessarily having Championship computations, were significant enough to give certain feud burners to. I kinda felt that it would be more logical for both characters, the madness of Savage, and the cunning of Page to have that stipulation. I suppose it was a bit of a WCW love fest towards the end, I'm not sure if many remember when Tank Abbott was involved but often on TV shows there'd be the asulym matches in the middle of the card... I'm glad you enjoyed the Pay-Per-View, and thanks for your continued support. I absolutely love comments like those, because comments like those often tend to flick off another light bulb in my slow mind for aspects I can utilise later on in this story ;) [QUOTE=The Shape;701466]They did have a brief brawl in the bathroom captured by GTV :o[/QUOTE] And they certainly did fight with Kane at a Wrestlemania in a Hardcore match ;) Raven from memory got thrown through a window. [QUOTE=BoomKing;701476]Wow Trist, just read through Road Wild and it is as great as everyone says it is. I wont go into too much detail or your head wont be able to fit through the door. Personal highlights for me were, in no particular order: The interaction between Flair and Guerrero. The Muthah Humping Eagles! DDP getting the win in an awesome match Jericho retains! Jericho retains! Psicosis v [B]Juventud Guerrera[/B] Who set the Juice loose aboot this hoose? WCW Television Championship: [B]Eddie Guerrero (c)[/B] v 'Lord' Steven Regal Dont see Eddie dropping the strap juuuuuust yet. Jerry Lynn and Billy Kidman v [B]The Steiner Brothers[/B] I refuse to acknowledge a Steiner Brothers loss. Thats right...I'm a Steiner Decliner! 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith v '[B]The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] Dean Malerkle knows approximately 999 more holds than Davey Boy. [B]'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle, 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright and Disco Inferno [/B]v Masahiro Chono, The Great Muta and Yuji Nagata Great six man tag, or greatest six man tag? [B]The Giant[/B] v Raven Didn't these two have a hardcore match? Or was Kane involved? Either way, Giants eat Ravens for breakfast. [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] v Sting (stipulation to be decided by the winning tipper from Road Wild) I can't see this one going clean either. Bonus Tie Breaker Question: What is the traditional element that WCW Monday Nitro will begin to promote? No more moves from the top rope dammit! And no safety mats you pussies![/QUOTE] LOL, the no moves from the top rope and no safety mats rulings were.... weird at best. Thanks for the support, mate. [QUOTE=iMac;701615]Well I've had a fair whack of catching up to do, but as always I'm loving your work Tristram. I had to go all the way back to Bash at the Beach, but it has been a joy catching up. Kudos, mad props, say it however you want, it's awesome stuff and long may it continue![/QUOTE] He's back! He's back! How was your trip? I also went to the US about the same time, where did you go? Glad to see you around again mate, and trust you had a good break. [QUOTE=|Anderz|;701624]It's really not a problem, I doubt Ill be able to offer up as much feedback for the TV shows - but for PPVs ill be able to.. I always find its useful to get in-depth feedback, not only does it show people are actually caring about what your booking - but helps bring things into perspective and is much more valuable (to me at least) than simple 'out of the hat' predictions.. It's a reason I don't personally give feedback all that often, I feel like Im cheating the writer by not going into a proper in-depth review of a show.. If I'd got more time I would've read this more often.. anyway, ill stop clogging up your diary and let you get on with things.. oh, and I thought it would be Ryan Shamrock.. but didn't want to sound like a tard if it wasnt.. still KUTGW![/QUOTE] I can absolutely assure you you are not clogging up my diary. A couple of 'allies' in PMs will vouch for how much the responses mean to me. Without responses, particularly constructive and in depth ones, TBH its hard to keep the roll on. I have never been happier in this diary then to see the support and responses its getting right now. Any feedback mate is appreciated, I can absolutely assure you of it. Just quietly, there has been some murmers within some of the posts of some suggestions which have already been 'secured' into parts of the future storylines ;) I have deliberately steered clear of a couple of sentences because they are in the works, please know I'm not ignoring them if they're not responded to individually. There have however been a number of posts suggesting things that I definitely hadn't booked, such as Storm-Benoit, and these have certainly entered my train of thought and certainly works are in the books long term to get them rolling because I think they're great ideas. Thanks guys for the support, I am so glad Road Wild went over as it did. Truthfully I believe the road to Starrcade is going to be very enjoyable for me, so many of the story plots develop nicely to it and end well with it but then provide more questions than answers so to speak. I'm glad to see people are seeing those things developing and are supportive of them. The support is the #1 reason this diary is still going strong!

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/thunder.jpg[/IMG][/center] [B][U]Quick Picks[/U][/B] 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka v Curry Man v Juventud Guerrera v Psicosis Ultimo Dragon, Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart and 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith v Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman, Jerry Lynn and Lance Storm) WCW Television Championship: Eddie Guerrero (c) v 'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay Curt Hennig v Wrath Non Championship Match: WCW Tag Team Champions Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr v The Steiner Brothers 'K-Dawg' Konnan v 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page and 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash v 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair and Bill Goldberg WCW World Heavyweight Championship: 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c) v Raven ------------------------- Bonus Tie Breaker Question: Thrillapalooza's car of choice will be revealed as being: 1) A modified Batmobile 2) A black stretch limo 3) Two minis 4) 1984 Dodge ----------------------- The winner of the tips will get to choose from a preselection of match options for the Bret Hart v Sting confrontation at the following Nitro

'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka v Curry Man v [B]Juventud Guerrera[/B] v Psicosis [I]A win against Psicosis gave him some momentum last week after losing in the title match. Juvi will probably keep his momentum going here.[/I] Ultimo Dragon, Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart and 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith v [B]Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman, Jerry Lynn and Lance Storm)[/B] [I]They beat the Steiners last week so there roll has to continue.[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]Eddie Guerrero (c)[/B] v 'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay [I]Guerrero is just class. I never want him to lose the title.[/I] :D [B]Curt Hennig[/B] v Wrath [I]Easy win for Mr. Perfect.[/I] Non Championship Match: [B]WCW Tag Team Champions Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr[/B] v The Steiner Brothers [I]More tension in the Steiner camp.[/I] 'K-Dawg' Konnan v [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] [I]Malenko is looking impressive and should get the win over Konnan.[/I] [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page and 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B] v 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair and Bill Goldberg [I]Goldberg didn't look in that good condition last week so I think him not being at 100% will be the difference maker here.[/I] WCW World Heavyweight Championship: [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c)[/B] v Raven [I]Another vallient effort from Raven and I can't see Jericho's win being clean.[/I] ------------------------- Bonus Tie Breaker Question: Thrillapalooza's car of choice will be revealed as being: 1) A modified Batmobile 2) A black stretch limo 3) Two minis 4) [B]1984 Dodge[/B]

Quick Picks [B]'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka[/B] v Curry Man v Juventud Guerrera v Psicosis Ultimo Dragon, Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart and 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith v [B]Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman, Jerry Lynn and Lance Storm)[/B] WCW Television Championship: [B]Eddie Guerrero (c)[/B] v 'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay [B]Curt Hennig[/B] v Wrath Non Championship Match: WCW Tag Team Champions [B]Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr[/B] v The Steiner Brothers 'K-Dawg' Konnan v [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page and 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair and Bill Goldberg[/B] WCW World Heavyweight Championship: [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c)[/B] v Raven ------------------------- Bonus Tie Breaker Question: Thrillapalooza's car of choice will be revealed as being: [B]1) A modified Batmobile[/B] 2) A black stretch limo 3) Two minis 4) 1984 Dodge Just thought I'd say i love what your doing both with the Sting Bret Hart angle, and especially with my boy Jericho. He plays the whiny heel perfectly and to add to it the fact that he's the champ just fuels it. Keep it up man this is top grade stuff

'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka v Curry Man v [B]Juventud Guerrera[/B] v Psicosis [I]Juvi Juice with another big win![/I] Ultimo Dragon, Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart and 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith v [B]Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman, Jerry Lynn and Lance Storm)[/B] [I]It's a Thrillapalooza![/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]Eddie Guerrero (c)[/B] v 'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay [I]Latino Heat![/I] [B]Curt Hennig[/B] v Wrath [I]Because Curt is...perfect![/I] Non Championship Match: [B]WCW Tag Team Champions Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr[/B] v The Steiner Brothers [I]Steiners are slowly disintegrating[/I] 'K-Dawg' Konnan v [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] [I]The Shooter picks up the win.[/I] 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page and 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair and Bill Goldberg[/B] [I]THE MAN and DA MAN![/I] WCW World Heavyweight Championship: [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c)[/B] v Raven [I]Raven passes out in the LionTamer[/I] ------------------------- Bonus Tie Breaker Question: Thrillapalooza's car of choice will be revealed as being: 1) A modified Batmobile 2) A black stretch limo [B]3) Two minis[/B] 4) 1984 Dodge

'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka v Curry Man v [B]Juventud Guerrera [/B]v Psicosis Ultimo Dragon, Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart and 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith v [B]Thrillapalooza[/B] (Billy Kidman, Jerry Lynn and Lance Storm) WCW Television Championship: [B]Eddie Guerrero[/B] (c) v 'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay Curt Hennig v Wrath Non Championship Match: WCW Tag Team Champions Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr v [B]The Steiner Brothers[/B] 'K-Dawg' Konnan v [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page and 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair and Bill Goldberg[/B] WCW World Heavyweight Championship: [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B] (c) v Raven ------------------------- Bonus Tie Breaker Question: Thrillapalooza's car of choice will be revealed as being: 1) A modified Batmobile 2) A black stretch limo 3) Two minis 4) [B]1984 Dodge[/B]

Archived