WCW 1998: A prequel to "Death of WCW"

Quick Picks [B]Juventud Guerrera[/B] v Curry Man [B]'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner[/B] v Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell WCW Television Championship: [B]Eddie Guerrero (c)[/B] v 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon 'K-Dawg' Konnan v [B]'Lord' Steven Regal[/B] [B]Disco Inferno, 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright and 'Your' Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle[/B] v Thrillapalooza (Jerry Lynn, Billy Kidman and Hector Garza) [B]Sting[/B] v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart Bonus Tie-Breaker Question Thunder returns to Chicago, Illinois. Who will be in attendance? [B]1) 'Rodzilla' Dennis Rodman of the Chicago Bulls[/B] 2) Members of the Chicago Cubs 3) Mike Dikta 4) Billy Corgan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[B]Juventud Guerrera[/B] v Curry Man [I]He's hot, he's spicy, he jobs great![/I] 'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner v [B]Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell[/B] [I]Rick's losing streak continues.[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]Eddie Guerrero (c)[/B] v 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon [I]I like Kanyon but he can't take the brunt of Latino Heat![/I] 'K-Dawg' Konnan v [B]'Lord' Steven Regal[/B] [I]Not a fan of K-Dawg.[/I] Disco Inferno, 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright and 'Your' Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle v [B]Thrillapalooza (Jerry Lynn, Billy Kidman and Hector Garza)[/B] [I]It's a Thrillapalooza! Though Garza might be the weak link.[/I] [B]Sting[/B] v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart [I]Sting catches up on Hart to even things up.[/I] Bonus Tie-Breaker Question Thunder returns to Chicago, Illinois. Who will be in attendance? 1) 'Rodzilla' Dennis Rodman of the Chicago Bulls 2) Members of the Chicago Cubs 3) Mike Dikta [B]4) Billy Corgan[/B] [I]It would be easy to say Rodman but I say Mr. Smashing Pumpkins![/I]

[RIGHT][I]From the memoirs of WCW Head of Creative, Mark Daniels[/I][/RIGHT] "Here you are Sir, the cup of coffee you wanted," Joey the Time Warner Page-Boy said with a big grin on his Southern face. "I wanted juice," I said as I slammed my hand on the table. Joey looked shocked, and upset, before returning to his usual Page-Boy grin. It was almost like it was a firing offence in his mind to get upset. There we sat in my office. Both of us. A rarity in that Eric Bischoff, the WCW President, had not seen eye to eye with me since that fateful evening at the end of December 1997. In some ways I figured he had come to respect me for the job I was doing, but deep down I knew ultimately it just triggered an avalanche of resentment my way. He was far from happy from some of the actions I had undertaken as it ripped apart the veil of politics that he had inadvertently allowed to be created. Bischoff and myself sat on one side of the table, as the talent walked in. The wrestler in question sat down, with his long dark hair and his leather jacket covering some kind of see through fishnet shirt. I remembered a time back in the American Wrestling Association where guys walked around in black shirts and blue wrestling shorts, but this corporate empire had created egos and attitudes, creativity and cultures, and this wrestler exhibited it all. "We... we just can't it work," I uttered. I turned to Eric hoping for support, and was gladly surprised when I got it. "I'm surprised at your attitude," Bischoff began. "I'm personally hurt, I had so much to do with getting you here in the first place, and now... NOW after all the hard work that myself and Mark have done you are going to turn US down?.." "I won't sign, not after that warning," the talent returned fire. It was true, he had received a warning. He had turned up late consistently to shows, he had a bad attitude, and he badly needed that attitude to be corrected. But what concerned us most of all was that sitting across the table from us was one of the most talented, and perhaps one of the biggest under achieving talents available to the North American wrestling market. And here he chose to cut his nose to spite his face out of resentment for the code of conduct we had implemented and how he thought he did not fit into this. "Are you happy?!!!" I screamed. "I've personally invested a lot of time preparing things for you, and you do this to me? I came here with a cultural ego the size of the Mississippi that let me tell you ... pal, was keeping talent like yourself down and out. And here you are, about to receive the biggest break of your career, and you want out? Where are you going to go? Heyman? The guy flat out can't afford the ink in his pen to sign the pay cheques. Where to next? McMahon? That guy screws talent like you for breakfast." The talent kept sitting there, smugly looking across the desk. "Did your mom not hug you enough as a kid, son?" I continued. "There is something inherently wrong with you. You see, where I come from, when you get a chance you take it. To be honest, I don't mind you playing the fool but not like this. After all, everybody plays the fool, sometimes, there's no exception to the rules, I ain't lying, it may factual it may be true, I won't say it again but everybody plays the fool..." I was really going to start winding up, when Bischoff leaned forward over the desk, into the dark eyes of the talent. "Well, pal, consider it done. If that's how you want it, get the hell out. But if you don't report for Chicago and Detroit, I will screw you over so fast you will think you're the second coming of Jenna Jameson!" The wrestler in frustration picked up the contract, rolled it up into a ball like a baseball, and sunk it in the trash can beside the side of the desk, before giving one more look of contempt and walking free. Bischoff and myself sat there, completely and utterly in marvel. This kid had confidence. He was brash. He was arrogant. He followed no rules. And perhaps, just perhaps, his talent was such that perhaps there really should have been an exception to this rule.... [RIGHT]The Memoires of Mark Daniels is [COLOR="White"]not[/COLOR] available on [url]www.amazon.com[/url] or [url]www.bn.com[/url] [/RIGHT]

[QUOTE=tristram;707045][RIGHT][I]From the memoirs of WCW Head of Creative, Mark Daniels[/I][/RIGHT] "Here you are Sir, the cup of coffee you wanted," Joey the Time Warner Page-Boy said with a big grin on his Southern face. "I wanted juice," I said as I slammed my hand on the table. Joey looked shocked, and upset, before returning to his usual Page-Boy grin. It was almost like it was a firing offence in his mind to get upset. There we sat in my office. Both of us. A rarity in that Eric Bischoff, the WCW President, had not seen eye to eye with me since that fateful evening at the end of December 1997. In some ways I figured he had come to respect me for the job I was doing, but deep down I knew ultimately it just triggered an avalanche of resentment my way. He was far from happy from some of the actions I had undertaken as it ripped apart the veil of politics that he had inadvertently allowed to be created. Bischoff and myself sat on one side of the table, as the talent walked in. The wrestler in question sat down, with his long dark hair and his leather jacket covering some kind of see through fishnet shirt. I remembered a time back in the American Wrestling Association where guys walked around in black shirts and blue wrestling shorts, but this corporate empire had created egos and attitudes, creativity and cultures, and this wrestler exhibited it all. "We... we just can't it work," I uttered. I turned to Eric hoping for support, and was gladly surprised when I got it. "I'm surprised at your attitude," Bischoff began. "I'm personally hurt, I had so much to do with getting you here in the first place, and now... NOW after all the hard work that myself and Mark have done you are going to turn US down?.." "I won't sign, not after that warning," the talent returned fire. It was true, he had received a warning. He had turned up late consistently to shows, he had a bad attitude, and he badly needed that attitude to be corrected. But what concerned us most of all was that sitting across the table from us was one of the most talented, and perhaps one of the biggest under achieving talents available to the North American wrestling market. And here he chose to cut his nose to spite his face out of resentment for the code of conduct we had implemented and how he thought he did not fit into this. "Are you happy?!!!" I screamed. "I've personally invested a lot of time preparing things for you, and you do this to me? I came here with a cultural ego the size of the Mississippi that let me tell you ... pal, was keeping talent like yourself down and out. And here you are, about to receive the biggest break of your career, and you want out? Where are you going to go? Heyman? The guy flat out can't afford the ink in his pen to sign the pay cheques. Where to next? McMahon? That guy screws talent like you for breakfast." The talent kept sitting there, smugly looking across the desk. "Did your mom not hug you enough as a kid, son?" I continued. "There is something inherently wrong with you. You see, where I come from, when you get a chance you take it. To be honest, I don't mind you playing the fool but not like this. After all, everybody plays the fool, sometimes, there's no exception to the rules, I ain't lying, it may factual it may be true, I won't say it again but everybody plays the fool..." I was really going to start winding up, when Bischoff leaned forward over the desk, into the dark eyes of the talent. "Well, pal, consider it done. If that's how you want it, get the hell out. But if you don't report for Chicago and Detroit, I will screw you over so fast you will think you're the second coming of Jenna Jameson!" The wrestler in frustration picked up the contract, rolled it up into a ball like a baseball, and sunk it in the trash can beside the side of the desk, before giving one more look of contempt and walking free. Bischoff and myself sat there, completely and utterly in marvel. This kid had confidence. He was brash. He was arrogant. He followed no rules. And perhaps, just perhaps, his talent was such that perhaps there really should have been an exception to this rule.... [RIGHT]The Memoires of Mark Daniels is [COLOR="White"]not[/COLOR] available on [url]www.amazon.com[/url] or [url]www.bn.com[/url] [/RIGHT][/QUOTE] Very interested in finding out just who this talent is!

[B]Juventud Guerrera[/B] v Curry Man 'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner v [B]Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell[/B] WCW Television Championship: [B]Eddie Guerrero [/B](c) v 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon 'K-Dawg' Konnan v [B]'Lord' Steven Regal[/B] Disco Inferno, 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright and 'Your' Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle v [B]Thrillapalooza (Jerry Lynn, Billy Kidman and Hector Garza)[/B] Sting v [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] Bonus Tie-Breaker Question Thunder returns to Chicago, Illinois. Who will be in attendance? 1) [B]'Rodzilla' Dennis Rodman of the Chicago Bulls[/B] 2) Members of the Chicago Cubs 3) Mike Dikta 4) Billy Corgan

[QUOTE=angeldelayette;707084]Very interested in finding out just who this talent is![/QUOTE] By looking at some of the tips etc, I'm guessing no one's figured it out yet. I would imagine though when it becomes evident who it is it won't be thought of as anything unusual for this bloke. Sad, but true when it's revealed :(

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/thunder.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] As we pan around a sold out United Arena in Chicago, Illinois, home of the Chicago Bulls, we go to ringside where we see members of the victorious Chicago Bulls including the demonstrative rebel [B]Dennis 'Rodzilla' Rodman[/B]. Standing in the centre of the ring is a legend in NWA/WCW history, [B]'The American Dream' Dusty Rhodes[/B], and before we have time to open a box of ju-ju fruits, [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B], complete with his WCW World Heavyweight Championship is walking down to the ring, arrogantly. When he nears ringside, 'Rodzilla' idles up to and starts screaming at Jericho that the Champion is not the leader that his pal Hulk Hogan is. Jericho smirks and waves him away, before climbing into the ring and accepting a microphone from Dusty. "Well, if you weeeeeel, we are live and in kulah daddy here from Chicago, Illinois," Rhodes announces. "Chicago Illinois, welcome to Thursday Thunder, I am Dusty Rhodes, the American Dream, the tidal power, the man of the hour, too sweet be sour! Woo daddy! And with me out here is the Worlds Heavyweight Champyaaann, Chris Jericho daddy. Welcome Jack!" Jericho walks up to Rhodes, chewing his gum, and starts smiling before raising the microphone to talk into Rhodes' face. "Did I just hear you call this Thursday Thunder... JACK?..." "That's where we is at, isn't it?" Rhodes retorted. "Ha! You really think that? Try again Junior, we are here live for Thursday Night Jericho, and I am your host, your paragon of good virtue, your ayotollah of Rock N Rollllaaaa, the WCW World Heavyweight Champion, the hook up for all your Jerichoholics out there and trust me... trust me! I will never...EEEEVVVERRRRR treat you badly just because I am so much better than all of you..." "Brudda, daddy, how dare you talk sssmack on dese great fans, Jack!" Rhodes comments. "How dare I? Well, that's something, coming from you. I want you to look up at the big screen, you see, Dusty, I want to go through a few things with you..." Jericho glances at the Turner Tron, as the following image comes onto our screens. [CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/2000430798117494403_rs.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] "Wow... Just... Wow," Jericho comments. "You know, you once claimed in a famous promo of yours that you were 255 pounds of blue eyed soul daddy... What happened, Dust? Did your scales break? Did you forget to turn around and find the other half... Nevermind. I have something else to show you exhibit A..." [CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/dusty4.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] "Now... who the hell do you think you are? Shirley Temple? What is up with that? Dusty my man, you claim to be too sweet to be sour. The man of the hour. But how can you be the man of the hour when you're dressing worse than Steve Earkle? Do you want to know how bad it is to me to hear you claim to be the man of the hour? The tidal power? To be sweet to be sour... It's like when I heard that the Titanic had won 11 Academy Awards.. ELEVEN! ELEVEN! ELEVEN!" Jericho begins stomping his feet around the ring in frustration. "Do you know how much that grates a man like me... Jack! I'll tell you how much... Jack! That movie was... it was... hideous. Firstly, let me assure you that if I was Captain of the Titanic in that movie, it would never...EVVVEEEERRRRR have sunk. Secondly, he wins his ticket by a hand of cards. If that was me, I'd snap the man in half with a Lion Tamer and win it back off him. But I'm not finished with you Dusty! I'm not finished with righting all the wrongs of this world yet... Jack! After all, I want to know why you chose to wore a teency eency teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini..." "Well, since you are so ruuuudeee," Rhodes interrupt. "Did I say you could speak, Junior? I hadn't finished yet. I was going to say, yes, yes, Dusty, I was being incredibly rude, because there's no way that was a teency eency teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini, because to fit a man of your allegedly 255 pounds of blue eye soul the way it did.. Jack... it had to be a huge yellow polka dot mumu!" Before Jericho can say anymore, [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] has walked down to ringside, and slid in the ring. He gets in between Dusty Rhodes and Chris Jericho. "I can't believe the way you are speaking to a legend," Hart says. Bret then goes over and shakes the hand of Dusty Rhodes. Jericho clenches his fist to attack, but before he can, [B]Sting [/B]has dropped down from the rafters, points his bat in the back of the spine of the World Heavyweight Champion, who merely rolls out of the ring, and starts retreating. Sting grabs the microphone that Jericho left behind. "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Chicago Illinois, it's SHOWTIME BABY!" Sting hollas. "Now, about Monday night Bret Hart..." "Whoa, whoa, whoa," Hart interrupts. "Before you go anywhere, Sting, I don't like you, I don't respect you, but at Nitro I was a victim of circumstance. You see, I had no idea that the ten count was being administered the way it was. Infact, I'm sure that Jericho was out to sting me. I would love to settle this man to man and put this back to a dead nil all start, I even tried to clear it with the WCW Executive Committee earlier this evening, but they rejected my pleas. So tonight, Sting... to settle our score, despite the obvious limp I am carrying, and against doctors wishes, for these great people of Chicago Illinois, for the legends of our sport like Dusty Rhodes, and to stop cheats like Chris Jericho prospering, Sting... I will wrestle you in the right spirit..." Sting looks dumbfounded, but then nods and goes to leave. But Hart taps him on the shoulder before Sting can leave, stopping Sting from exiting. "But Sting, tonight I want you to know, you are going to find out why I am the best there is...the best there was... and the bes.." BOOM! Sting turned around and clotheslined Hart to the mat. Jericho for his part made a late dash at the ring to attack Dusty Rhodes, but Sting cut him off, leaving Jericho to retreat once more, as we cut to the first break of the evening. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Curry_Man3.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/JuventudGuerrera-1.jpg[/IMG] Curry Man v Juventud Guerrera[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] A rare moment of contempt in the book for Thrillapalooza, you see, tonight Juventud met his match. It was as if Curry Man had scouted Juventud, and waited for him to make an error, before hitting the Spicy Drop out of nowhere on Juventud for a massive upset to start Thunder. Juventud was beside himself realising that he had just lost to a raw rookie after being so close previously to the WCW Cruiserweight Championship. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Curry Man[/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE] Post match, [B]'The Mouth of the South' Jimmy Hart[/B] ran into the ring with his mega phone. [B]Curry Man[/B] laid exhausted on the mat, but Hart went up to him and tried to rip off his orange spicey mask. Curry Man relented, as Hart screamed into the microphone to [I]reveal the truth![/I] [CENTER]---------------------[/CENTER] Backstage, we see a close of a white female gloved hand behind kissed, and then we can hear the familiar cry... "OOOOH YEAH!" Of [B]'Macho Man' Randy Savage[/B]. As our cameras peel back we can see the innocent and beautiful face of [B]Miss Elizabeth[/B] contrasted with the green broad hat and brightly illuminated sunglasses and dark black beard of Savage. "Miss Elizabeth yeah I can tell you yeah there's mutiny afoot! Page thinks he's going to become a Champion yeah but he's already taken so much from me that its time for the madness to take over and take something precious from him... OOOH YEAH!" [CENTER]----------------------[/CENTER] Backstage [B]'Mean' Gene Okerlund[/B] is standing by with a clearly frustrated [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B]. "Alright Tony, I thank you. With me at this time is Bret 'The Hitman' Hart, who of course could cement himself as the number one challenger to 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho's WCW World Heavyweight Championship by way of defeating Sting tonight, on Thunder on TBS the Superstation. And Bret, at the top of the show tonight you claimed to be the victim of circumstance, would you have apologised to Sting for what happened if it came down to it?" Bret turns away, shakes his head in anxiety and turns back to Okerlund. "Do you think I should apologise?" Hart asks. "A lot of water has passed under the bridge Bret, I'm beginning to sense that maybe even you can see that some of the water has been clearer than you initially thought it was.." "And what is that supposed to mean? Gene Okerlund, you and I have been up and down the same road for many years. You knew my father, you know my brothers, you know Jim and Davey, you know what I'm aboouuuut. Do you think that I don't see things as they are? I'm very clinical, I don't get caught up in lies Gene. As far as what happened at Monday Nitro, do you think I should apologise Gene? Why should a man apologise for something he's not responsible for? As I said at the top of the broadcast tonight that I, Bret Hart was merely a victim of circumstance. What Chris Jericho did was wrong, I fortunately got out of the way, and Sting got stung. Did I know the count was on? No, I was busy arguing with Jericho. So with that in mind, I fail to see how I need to give Sting an apology. Out of respect for what has since come to light, I understand his angst, yet here I am tonight, clearly limping Gene, and I'm going to give him an opportunity. Because that's what kind of a good sport I am. Tonight Sting, you are going to see that the Excellence of Execution is no slogan, its no poster motto. It's no cheap promotion. It's the real deal. And tonight, when all is said and done, you will see when I advance through to get my rightful shot at the WCW World Heavyweight Championship that I am the best there is, the best there was, and the best... there ever will be!" [QUOTE][CENTER][SIZE="5"][B][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/RickSteiner2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Buff_Bagwell2.jpg[/IMG] ‘Dog Faced Gremlin’ Rick Steiner v Buff ‘The Stuff’ Bagwell[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] A slow match, not the best, a lot of posing by Buff Bagwell. But then Taz took control of Rick Steiner outside of the ring and laid a ferocious beating down on him while Buff Bagwell distracted referee Randy Anderson. Taz eventually rolled Rick back in. Scott Steiner meanwhile ran down to ringside, and got up on the apron, but while he was distracted by Taz he accidentally clipped Rick with an elbow to the head, allowing Buff to end the match with a scoop slam, and then as Rick Steiner got up groggily, via the Buff Blockbuster. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result: [/B] Your winner, Buff Bagwell[/CENTER][/SIZE][/QUOTE] After the match, [B]Scott Steiner[/B] got in the ring, looking clearly alarmed. He tried to help up his brother [B]Rick Steiner[/B], who refused his help. [CENTER]-------------------------[/CENTER] Meanwhile, backstage, before we cut to a break, we saw [B]‘Macho Man’ Randy Savage[/B] talking quietly to the WCW Television Champion [B]Eddie Guerrero[/B] who smiled and continued walking towards the gorilla position, as after the break he was up next. [QUOTE][B][CENTER][SIZE="5"][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/EddyGuerrero2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/ChrisKanyonkyky.jpg[/IMG] WCW Television Championship Eddie Guerrero (c) v ‘The Innovator of Offence’ Chris Kanyon[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] A highly entertaining, crisp match. But then again, you should expect nothing less from these two superstars. Chris Kanyon was at his innovative best here, dropping Eddie on the top rope when he was looking for the Frog Splash, and hitting a stunning superplex. He then followed it up with a destructive version of the Brainbuster DDT. But while Kanyon performed extremely well, he was always one step behind Guerrero, who was able to get himself out of a fine mess with Billy Silverman the referee on the mat, when he went to the outside and took a steel chair. He then raced back in the ring, and laid on the mat, throwing the chair into the arms of Kanyon. Silverman believed Kanyon had decked him, and called for a disqualification. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, and STILL WCW Television Champion, Eddie Guerrero[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] After the match, [B]'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon[/B] began arguing with Billy Silverman, but [B]Eddie Guerrero[/B] was able to come from behind and hit a swinging neckbreaker onto the steel chair that lay in the centre of the ring. Eddie grabbed the microphone from David Penzer, and while still puffing from the match stood over the body of Kanyon. "Amigo... you feel me? Esse, that's what I call latino heat. And you all better get used to it esse, because I'm about to excite you all and take you all on a magical lucha experience holmes. You see Kanyon... amigo, I lie, yeah I lie, I cheat, why not? And I steal, but amigo, I'm still the WCW Television Champion!" Guerrero throws the microphone to the mat, as we cut to a break. [CENTER]------------------------[/CENTER] After the break the commentators hyped, as [B]'K-Dawg' Konnan[/B] headed to the ring that he would be making a music video release in his native Mexico over this coming weekend. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/StevenRegal2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Konnan10.jpg[/IMG] 'Lord' Steven Regal v 'K-Dawg' Konnan[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] 'Lord' Steven Regal made some disparaging remarks at the start of the contest about Konnan's lack of music crudentials, and how he was sure this would be a monumental flop. Konnan took exception, and so the bout become quickly quite physical. Konnan was fighting like a scolded cat, displaying some of the best wares of his extremely good performances in Mexico, while Regal valiantly fought back inducing some rough house British tactics into the match. Eventually though, Regal found himself on the losing end when Taz hit a sunset flip, and with Regal struggling on the mat from the height of the fall, Taz was able to work over Regal's legs and put on the Tequila Sunrise. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Konnan[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] Post match,[B] 'K-Dawg' Konnan[/B] took the microphone. "Ora le! Ariba La Raza! Alright Chicago Illinois, are you ready to get bawdy bawdy and..." [I]Rawdy Rawdy[/I] "Oh yeah! Chicago Illinois let me speak on dis. Right now I'm hot property. David Penzer, why don't you feel my silk shirt..." Penzer goes to touch but Konnan recoils away. "That's enough. As y'all know, this weekend is the debut of my new hit single, Psyko, and what dis means i.." BOOM! From behind, Konnan is clotheslined by the [B]'Total Package' Lex Luger[/B]. Luger begins stomping a mudhole in Konnan, who quickly rolls out of the ring. Konnan looks up at Luger monumentally frustrated, as Luger poses from the middle of the ring. [CENTER]-----------------------[/CENTER] Backstage, we see the WCW Television Champion, [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B], with his arm pushing up against the brick wall, pushing [B]Kimberly Page[/B] of the nWo against the wall. "You know esse, you know what they say about packing latino heat..." Kim blushes, and goes to leave, but before she does, she looks Eddie up and down one more time, and as she does leave she brushes up quite seductively against Guerrero. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Hector_Garza2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/BillyKidman-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Jerry_Lynn6.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/AlexWright6.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Disco_Inferno4.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/backgroundANGLE.jpg[/IMG] Thrillapalooza (Hector Garza, Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn) v Dancing Fools ('Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright and Disco Inferno) and 'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] This match started off very well, a lot of exciting spots, but the match was ultimately ruined when [B]nWo Japan[/B] made their way down to ringside, and quickly stormed the ring, attacking anyone and everyone in a bid to get to 'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle, who was seemingly being protected by both Jerry Lynn and Alex Wright, realising the severity of Angle's recent neck injury. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] No result, double disqualification due to uncontrollable outside interference[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] Before New World Order Japan left the ring, they left two vital calling cards. [B]Masahiro Chono[/B] hit the destructive martial arts kick to the head of [B]Hector Garza[/B], who was knocked out cold, and when [B]Billy Kidman[/B] tried to make a save for him he copped the green myst from the [B]Great Muta[/B]. [CENTER]--------------------------[/CENTER] Meanwhile backstage, [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] is pacing backwards and forth in the nWo dressing room when [B]Kim Page[/B] walks in. Page kicks a stool over in disgust, and begins having a right royal go at her. "What the hell was that all about, huh?" He asks. "What was what all about?" Kim replies. "You know damn well what I'm talking about, you and Alvin, Simon and Theodore or Speedy Gonzalez or what the hell else you call Eddie Cassanova. You were flirting with him!" Kim begins to laugh. "What is so funny?" "Sorry, I haven't laughed like that in years," she replies, sending Page's face blood red in frustration. "Dallas, babe, are you jealous...?" She asks as she wiggles her body in front of him. [B]Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell[/B] from the back of the nWo dressing room is checking her out, as is Dallas Page himself, he seems mesmorised before we cut straight away to breaking action... [CENTER]------------------------------[/CENTER] There is absolute mayhem and pandamonium backstage. All we can see is a sea of black shirts as [B]Vincent[/B], [B]'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz[/B] and [B]Scott Hall [/B]are stomping the fallen body of [B]Bill Goldberg[/B]. Goldberg is frothing with blood in the mouth, and as Doug Dillenger and the WCW fun police arrive it is sadly clear that the damage has already been done! [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Bret_Hart28.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Sting51.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE="5"][B]WCW World Heavyweight Championship Qualification Series Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v Sting[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Another classic Hart-Sting confrontation. As luck would have it, these two dream opponents have perfect chemistry, and coupled with their mutual styles, there are so many openings for near falls only to be bucked by the mere knowledge from their own skillset of what to expect next. Even though these guys have battled in different promotions for near on a decade, they have systematically developed into the very equal wrestler of one another. Despite all the tension and anxiety surrounding this feud, respect is still paramount and obvious and its this great deal of respect that is building the green eyed monster of envy as the two men battle all odds to usurp one another to become known as the greatest pound for pound wrestler alive today. The best thing about putting these two together for the main event of the evening is the knowledge that despite it all, despite whatever you've put on before them, these two will tear the house down not by a course of extreme energy although there is and definitely was some crisp chain wrestling and some clinical blocks and counters, but essentially they would tear the house down by using their experience to concoct the best psychological match of the night. After 15 open minutes of backwards and forth, very even action, Bret Hart appeared frustrated. He almost seemed to be looking over his shoulder, and the commentators pondered whether he was waiting for a Chris Jericho miracle. But Jericho would not arrive, and Hart would have to fight his own battles. Hart got frustrated, and start raking the eyes of Sting, who appeared to be blinded, and when the two went toe to toe, Sting's punches were wild... but eventually, one truly connected, and Hart found himself on the mat. Sting went for the Scorpion Death Lock, but Hart pulled his legs down, turned him over and went for the Sharpshooter! But Sting rolled him over, nearly popping his own hip in the process of the dangerous counter, and put Hart into the Scorpion Death Lock, locked on in the centre of the ring. Hart begged, and hoped and prayed for a saviour, but tonight there was to be none, and Sting had valiantly evened up the series, with one last match to go. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Sting[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] We cut straight backstage where [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] stood over the body of [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] who was being helped up by the WCW Medical Team onto a gurney. "I want Mark Daniels... I want Ted Turner... I want Bill Busch... Hell I want Dr Harvey Schiller... I don't care who! I want them here, I want them here now! I've been doing this for twenty years... TWENTY YEARS brother, and Eric Bischoff, he's the lowest snake, the lowest coward I have ever come across..." Flair assists Goldberg onto the gurney. "Make no bones about it brother, if you make it that's great, if you don't, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I'm going to show Bischoff why he's just made a fatal mistake and why they call me.... the dirtiest player in the game... How you feelin partner?" "I ... I think I may have cracked ribs... I..." "Just breathe easy Mr Goldberg, no talking," one of the medicos says. "Brother, they may put one of ours in the hospital, but now Bischoff finds out what I mean when we would literally put two of theirs in a body bag... the War is WOOOOOOOOOOO ON FOR YOUNG AND OLD!" We fade to black as the medicos and Flair assist Goldberg out of the building.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/mondaynitro.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I][CENTER]The wrestling war between the Four Horsemen representing tradition and honour and the New World Order representing revolution and mayhem continues to tear it's way across the United States as WCW proudly brings Monday Nitro to the Palace of Auburn Hills in Detroit Michigan. This arena is famous for being torn apart by Grant Hill, and expect no less from these WCW superstars. Many important questions will surround the event, not least of all the well being of Bill Goldberg who has been booked to appear; should he fail to win, Eric Bischoff has promised to terminate his wrestling contract. Can Goldberg make it? Can Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger reclaim his prestigious WCW Cruiserweight Championship? Indeed, will Hector Garza be able to front for his greatest opportunity of his professional career? One man who also lose an identity and gain a reputation from Detroit. Who will it be? Find out this and more as Nitro comes to you from the home of Motown, live on TNT.[/CENTER][/I] [U]Quick Picks[/U] WCW Cruiserweight Championship: Psicosis (c) v Hector Garza v Ultimo Dragon v Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka v Curry Man Lodi v 'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz WCW Television Championship: 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero (c) v Lance Storm Masahiro Chono v Disco Inferno Extreme Innovators ('The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon and Perry Saturn) v Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn) Loser Leaves Town Match: Bill Goldberg v Juventud Guerrera WCW World Tag Team Championships: Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr (c) v Harlem Heat 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page v 'Total Package' Lex Luger Sting and WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit v The Giant and Bret 'The Hitman' Hart Non Title Handicap Match: WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho v The Steiner Brothers [U]Bonus Tie Breaker Question[/u] What type of injury will WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho taunt 'The American Dream' Dusty Rhodes being affected by? 1) Welly-Belly Itis 2) Scale Weight Glaucoma 3) A broken heart string 4) None of the above The winner of the tips will get to choose the location of Fall-Brawl War Games from a list of historic locations for the traditional WCW 'slobba-knocka!'

WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Psicosis (c)[/B] v Hector Garza v Ultimo Dragon v Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger [I]I don't think he'll lose the title just yet.[/I] 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka v [B]Curry Man[/B] [I]Impressive win for Curry Man last week and I think it will continue.[/I] Lodi v [B]'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz[/B] Taz is much too powerful and needs to be kept strong after debuting not so long ago. WCW Television Championship: [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero (c)[/B] v Lance Storm He's going to have to be facing someone pretty special for me to go against him. Masahiro Chono v [B]Disco Inferno[/B] Extreme Innovators ('The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon and Perry Saturn) v [B]Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn)[/B] Loser Leaves Town Match: [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] v Juventud Guerrera [I]What a shock it would be if Goldberg managed to lose this.[/I] WCW World Tag Team Championships: [B]Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr (c)[/B] v Harlem Heat [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] v 'Total Package' Lex Luger Sting and WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit v [B]The Giant and Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] [I]I just have a feeling this two will come out on top.[/I] Non Title Handicap Match: WCW World Heavyweight Champion [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B] v The Steiner Brothers [I]More confusion in the Steiner camp.[/I] Bonus Tie Breaker Question What type of injury will WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho taunt 'The American Dream' Dusty Rhodes being affected by? 1) Welly-Belly Itis [B]2) Scale Weight Glaucoma[/B] 3) A broken heart string 4) None of the above

WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Psicosis [/B](c) v Hector Garza v Ultimo Dragon v Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka v [B]Curry Man[/B] Lodi v [B]'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz[/B] WCW Television Championship: [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero [/B](c) v Lance Storm Masahiro Chono v [B]Disco Inferno[/B] Extreme Innovators ('The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon and Perry Saturn) v [B]Thrillapalooza [/B](Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn) Loser Leaves Town Match: [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] v Juventud Guerrera WCW World Tag Team Championships: [B]Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr [/B](c) v Harlem Heat [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] v 'Total Package' Lex Luger Sting and WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit v [B]The Giant and Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] Non Title Handicap Match: WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho v [B]The Steiner Brothers[/B] Bonus Tie Breaker Question What type of injury will WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho taunt 'The American Dream' Dusty Rhodes being affected by? 1) Welly-Belly Itis 2) [B]Scale Weight Glaucoma[/B] 3) A broken heart string 4) None of the above

WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Psicosis (c)[/B] v Hector Garza v Ultimo Dragon v Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger [B] 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka[/B] v Curry Man Lodi v '[B]The Human Suplex Machine' Taz[/B] WCW Television Championship: [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero (c)[/B] v Lance Storm Masahiro Chono v [B]Disco Inferno[/B] Extreme Innovators ('The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon and Perry Saturn) v [B]Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn)[/B] Loser Leaves Town Match: Bill Goldberg v [B]Juventud Guerrera[/B] WCW World Tag Team Championships: [B]Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr (c)[/B] v Harlem Heat [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] v 'Total Package' Lex Luger Sting and WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit v [B]The Giant and Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] Non Title Handicap Match: WCW World Heavyweight Champion[B] 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B] v The Steiner Brothers Bonus Tie Breaker Question What type of injury will WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho taunt 'The American Dream' Dusty Rhodes being affected by? 1) Welly-Belly Itis [B]2) Scale Weight Glaucoma[/B] 3) A broken heart string 4) None of the above

Quick Picks WCW Cruiserweight Championship:[B] Psicosis [/B](c) v Hector Garza v Ultimo Dragon v Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger [B]'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka[/B] v Curry Man Lodi v [B]'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz[/B] WCW Television Championship: [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B] (c) v Lance Storm great match right here and i could envision Storm winning [B]Masahiro Chono[/B] v Disco Inferno Extreme Innovators ('The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon and Perry Saturn) v [B]Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn)[/B] Loser Leaves Town Match: Bill Goldberg v [B]Juventud Guerrera[/B] WCW World Tag Team Championships: Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr (c) v [B]Harlem Heat[/B] why not, a surprise title change [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] v 'Total Package' Lex Luger [B]Sting and WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] v The Giant and Bret 'The Hitman' Hart Non Title Handicap Match: [B]WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B] v The Steiner Brothers Bonus Tie Breaker Question What type of injury will WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho taunt 'The American Dream' Dusty Rhodes being affected by? [B]1) Welly-Belly Itis[/B] 2) Scale Weight Glaucoma 3) A broken heart string 4) None of the above The winner of the tips will get to choose the location of Fall-Brawl War Games from a list of historic locations for the traditional WCW 'slobba-knocka!'

WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Psicosis[/B] (c) v Hector Garza v Ultimo Dragon v Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka v [B]Curry Man[/B] Lodi v [B]'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz[/B] WCW Television Championship: [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B] (c) v Lance Storm [B]Masahiro Chono[/B] v Disco Inferno Extreme Innovators ('The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon and Perry Saturn) v [B]Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn)[/B] Loser Leaves Town Match: [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] v Juventud Guerrera WCW World Tag Team Championships: [B]Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr[/B] (c) v Harlem Heat [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] v 'Total Package' Lex Luger [B]Sting and WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] v The Giant and Bret 'The Hitman' Hart Non Title Handicap Match: [B]WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B] v The Steiner Brothers Bonus Tie Breaker Question What type of injury will WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho taunt 'The American Dream' Dusty Rhodes being affected by? 1) [B]Welly-Belly Itis[/B] 2) Scale Weight Glaucoma 3) A broken heart string 4) None of the above

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/mondaynitro.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] We pan around a capacity crowd here at the Palace of Auburn Hills, here in Detroit, Michigan, the home of Grant Hill and the Detroit Pistons. There are many nWo shirts in the crowd, and many Ric Flair posters being proudly held up. The gold pyros of Nitro burst into the atmosphere, before we hear the overly-enthusiastic voice of Tony Schiavone. "Welcome everybody to another great night, welcome, to Monday Nitro! I'm Tony Schiavone, and with me for what promises to be another interesting night are my broadcast colleagues Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan and the 'Living Legend' Larry Zbysko himself. Tonight, we have a special tag team match in store for you with former WCW World Heavyweight Champion the Giant and the legendary Bret 'The Hitman' Hart facing off against the United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit and the one, the only, Sting. Also tonight, Psicosis will defend his Cruiserweight Championship in a four way bout against Hector Garza, Ultimo Dragon and former Champion Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger, also ton... Hang on a second, what are they doing here?" The nWo music reigns supreme, as the lights dim and a spotlight comes under the Turner-Tron as [B]'Easy E' Eric Bischoff[/B] leads out the New World Order. Bischoff runs down the ramp with his arms out like a Cessna, as the gang continues its triumphant march down the aisle. Once in the ring, the gang stands behind Bischoff who blows kisses to the crowd. "Thank you! Thank you!" Bischoff implores. "We love you too, and God, I love this job! And how could I not? The gang is back in black, right here in Detroit, Michigan. Look at the athletes behind me. We have the WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho, and Chris, tonight, would you mind taking on a little match tonight?" [B]Chris Jericho[/B] steps forward. "You want me, to wrestle tonight on Monday Night JERICHO?! Well for all these millions of adoring Jerichoholics, even though I am so much better than them, I will never .... EVVVERRRRRRRRR turn on them for it, so yes Eric, yes I will..." "Chris, I don't know if you'll like this, but tonight's match will be a handicap match..." "Great, you want me to wrestle a couple of local jabronis, no problems..." "Well, if you'd call the Steiners jabronis..." Jericho grits his teeth anxiously and shakes his head furiously. "But nevermind," Bischoff continues. "That's just one piece of the puzzle. For tonight, "Last Thursday night... this guy, the original bad guy Scott Hall led a crusade that put Bill Goldberg out of commission for good. And that leaves me with two very special announcements. Firstly, the team that wins the match at War Games will be able to select a challenger to the World Heavyweight Championship at Starrcade...." Jericho looks spooked. "...Now, now, don't worry Chris. It's all under control. Do you honestly think one of these bad boys would go against the motto of the New World Order? Do you honestly think they'd place you in jeopardy? Pal, you are the World Heavyweight Champion, and you have all our respect. Now here's the little insurance caveat, you see, just moments ago, at a special telephone conference of the WCW Executive Committee, it was decided that tonight, here in Detroit, Michigan! Bill Goldberg would be in a loser leaves town match. And who should it be against? Thrillapalooza, you guys have been making a lot of noises lately, you've been as vibrant and visual as the Backstreet Boyz themselves. So, tonight, Goldberg's opponent, with his contract on the line is Juventud Guerrera. As for you, Bill Goldberg, if you don't wrestle tonight, the referee, Nick Patrick, has been instructed to count you ou.." The Storm-Trooper music of [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] begins, and our cameras flash backstage where Goldberg head butts the blue steel locker door. Flanked by Detroit's finest, he walks the hallowed back alleys towards the gorilla position. Once through the curtain he steps to the bottom of the ramp, where the pyros surround and engulf him. A massive explosion erupts, and he steps forward with smoke bellowing out of his nose thrusting left and rights. He continues his march to the ring, with his torso heavily taped up. He climbs up on the apron, and steps between the ropes. The nWo all step in front of Bischoff, but then Goldberg drops into the Spear stance, and they all stand back, exposing the leader. "Wh..Wh..What the .. What the hell are you doing here?" Bischoff asks. "I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick [BEEP], and it seems to me that I've run out of bubble gum. Now you, Eric Bischoff, Ric Flair is exactly right. You are a coward. You knew damn well that earlier this evening I was ruled out of wrestling for an indefinite period. And yet, you, you god damn son of a [BEEP] have put me in a loser leaves town match. Well that's fine, and sadly for Juvi... tonight... YOU'RE NEXT!..." Goldberg turns to leave and the New World Order advance at him, but he turns back and adopts the Spear stance again, and again they all cower. "As for you Bischoff, your heart should be ticking, your mind should be numb, because... you've got blood all over your hands. At War Games, I will be there, no ifs, no buts, and someone...Ha! Someone is going to pay. Someone is going to be... NEXT!" Goldberg walks from the ring, and once he is at a safe distance, the nWo moves forward to the steel cable rope and begin taunting him as he walks back up the aisle as we cut to our first break. [CENTER]----------------------------[/CENTER] When we return from the break, a clearly despondent New World Order returns through the gorilla position, where [B]'Mean' Gene Okerlund[/B] is hovering. He signals to [B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B] who ignores him with an angry glare, but instead [B]Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell[/B] happily steps forward and poses in front of Okerlund, who reluctantly accepts the interview. "Buff Bagwell, can you explain the emotions of the New World Order after the return of Goldberg..?" Okerlund asks. "Who cares! Aha! You're talking to Buff, the Stuff, and tonight gentlemen and especially the ladies of Buffland, you're going to find out why Buff will always be the Stuff," suddenly Buff stops the pompous routine and becomes very serious. "And that's a damn ... guarantee!" [CENTER]------------------------------[/CENTER] Backstage we go into the dressing room of the [B]Steiner Brothers[/B] who have with them [B]'Rowdy' Roddy Piper[/B]. Piper is replaying Chris Jericho's comments about them being a local jabroni team. "How many Championships have you guys won?" The Steiners aren't looking at each other and are hesitant to answer. Piper goes over and picks them both up by the arm, stands them up and twists them to look at each. "Gold is thicker than blood, blood is thicker than water. Respect is the thickest of all. You know how much respect you got there? Huh? None! None!... ... .... "...But how much respect would you get if you defeated the World Heavyweight Champion?" Suddenly the Steiners look interested, you can see their minds ticking, as we fade to our first match of the evening. [QUOTE][CENTER][SIZE="5"][B][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/PsicosisMask.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Hector_Garza2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Ultimo_Dragon8.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/JushinLiger.jpg[/IMG] WCW Cruiserweight Championship Psicosis (c) v Hector Garza v Ultimo Dragon v Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] A blistering start to Monday Nitro, all brought their high octane energy to this one, except for Hector Garza who was clearly wearing the injury suffered at the hands of Masahiro Chono. It severely crippled him, and as much as he tried to adhere to the excitement philosophy of Thrillapalooza, he really was a spare wheel. Ultimo Dragon and Jushin Lyger found themselves embroiled in a bitter face off after Psicosis had plancha'd Garza, it seemed to stem back from the Oriental origins of the two superstars, and seemed incredibly bitter. With Garza struggling, Psicosis cagedly watched the two torment each other and burn each other's fuel before Ultimo Dragon dropped the top rope to see a tumbling Lyger free fall to the outside. Psicosis took advantage, went for a piledriver, but Ultimo Dragon over balanced him and had Psicosis up for a piledriver, but Psicosis wriggled free. Psicosis then got to his feet and got hit with several of Ultimo Dragon's chronic quick kicks, but then he caught his right leg, dropped him to his back, and picked him up for an innovative powerbomb, from where Ultimo Dragon could not come back. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, and STILL WCW Cruiserweight Champion, Psicosis[/CENTER][/SIZE][/QUOTE] Backstage, we cut to [B]'The American Dream' Dusty Rhodes[/B], who is in the Monday Nitro Interview area. We zoom out to see standing next to him, posing with his back to the camera is [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B], the WCW World Heavyweight Champion. Jericho turns around with an enormous smile on his face, as Rhodes begins. "Well we are live and in kulah here in Detroit Michigan, and Chris Jericho, I don't know why you have requested me to be here with you after what happened at Thursdeeeee Thunder, but I am a fighting man, I have been through hard times daddy, and let me assure you pal, you don't worry me one little iddy bit, Jack!..." "Dusty Rhodes! Junior, don't you ever learn? Don't you ever...EVVVERRRRR speak to me like that again. K? You know why, you're talking to Chris Jericho on WCW Monday Jericho, in front of millions of screaming Jerichoholics. You are speaking to Lionheart Chris Jericho, your paragon of good virtue, the ayatollah of Rock n Rollllllaaaa... and most of all, your... World Heavyweight Champion. And when I request something... daddy, I get my request. And tonight, I have requested your presence because I want to ask you a question... You say you've been through hard times, is this correct, Dusty?" "Yes Sir.." "You say you've slept in alleys and dined on pork and beans... Is this true, Dusty?" "You also claimed at one stage you were 255 pounds of blue eyes soul. Is this true, Mr Tidal Power, the Man of the Hour, too Sweet to be Sour..?" "Why yes it is..." "Well if that's true, with all the millions of dollars I have been earning I'm going to buy you a new set of scales. Plus a free set of steak knives! How about that? You see Dusty, I want to relive a classic moment... if you wiiiiieeeeelllll..." [CENTER] [/CENTER] "...Now," Jericho continues as he claps for a few seconds. "That is one of the great interviews of all time. Seriously, I will give you that, Dusty Rhodes, you had heart, you had guts, you had charisma..." Jericho extends his right hand and shakes Dusty Rhodes' hand. "Thank you dadd.." "But now you can shut the hell up, because that was 15 years ago and that was then and this is now. I want to bring to your attention one specific comment... I admit, I don't look like the athlete of the day supposed to look... my belly's just a lil bit big... my hiney's a lil bit big, but brother I am bad and they know I'm bad. Classic. Just classic." Again, Jericho extends his hand, and again Rhodes shakes, but Jericho holds on tight and hauls him closer. "But .. it's wrong. A little bit big? Junior, you were suffering from what I would call Welly-Belly Itis. You are suffering from yella-belly itis too. You know why? Because you hang onto the dream Dusty, and you're right, there is an American Dream, and it's not to hang on. You see Dusty, you should be joinin Hulk and Ric Flair and Ultimate Warrior and Norm the Lunatic on around the US Caravan Tour with Willie Nelson. You see, your time has been and gone, and you are now just a cult myth. And that's what I don't like about you Dusty, that's what I don't like about Sting and Bret Hart either. They're hanging onto a dream that doesn't exist, they're holding back new legends like myself. And that's why I'm here with you Dusty, being a gentlemen, giving you some advice to heed. Get out of town Dust, go back to the drains and plumb like you and your daddy did, no computer's ever going to take that job..." "Why you just shut you.." "Whoa whoa whoa! Settle, you'll get angina. I want you to sit back Dust, because tonight, I'm going to give you a wrestling exhibition against the Steiners. Somethin for an old timer like you to remember..." Jericho pats a dumbfounded Rhodes on the shoulder, before walking off. [CENTER]-------------------------[/CENTER] A video plays reminiscing about [B]Curt Hennig[/B] and the Four Horsemen [LIST] [*]We see Curt arriving to WCW in 1997 [*]We see Curt initially turning down a spot in the Horsemen [*]We see [B]Arn Anderson[/B] retire due to a chronic neck injury [*]We see Arn Anderson offer Curt Hennig his spot [*]Curt accepts [*]We go to Fall Brawl 1997, where Curt Hennig is attacked backstage and has his arm in a cast [*]He still goes to wrestle, but the cast is a cover, and Hennig turns on the Four Horsemen [*]We see [B]Chris Benoit[/B] and [B]Steve McMichael [/B]refusing to submit despite being handcuffed to the steel cage as Hennig bloodies [B]Ric Flair [/B]by smashing the steel door over his head [/LIST] [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Curry_Man3.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/LaParka3.jpg[/IMG] Curry Man v 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] This was an interesting, if somewhat disturbing match. Where to start? After some quick exchanges early on, Curry Man and La Parka found themselves out the ring. La Parka then irish whipped Curry Man underneath the ring apron. The referee continued to administer the count before darkness descended on the Palace, and a single tombing bell sounded three times. As the count reached 9, the lights came back on, and standing on the apron in a black robe was a bald man. Curry Man's manager 'Mouth of the South' Jimmy Hart stood next to the ring and started jumping up and down in celebration. The referee was going to throw the match out, but La Parka wanted a shot at this man too. La Parka was not in the contest from this moment on, before falling prey to a sort of sit out double underhook facebuster, where the man nonchalantly covered. After the match, David Penzer was unsure who to announce the winner as, before 'Mouth of the South' asked for him to be referred to as the Fallen Angel. Schiavone meanwhile moronically wondered where Curry Man had gone, even though the man looked a similar build. I mean, ... these two guys... they are the same... right? [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, The Fallen Angel[/CENTER][/SIZE][/QUOTE] Post match, [B]La Parka[/B] got up groggily, and [B]The Fallen Angel[/B] flashed the sign of the cross, before hitting the devastating facebuster type move once again on La Parka, who this time stayed down for an inordinate amount of time, with his body quivering for a few seconds. [CENTER]-------------------------[/CENTER] Meanwhile, backstage we see [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] watching video replays of [B]'Total Package' Lex Luger[/B] in action. He appears deep in concentration as he studies Luger as the commentators hype that tonight, Diamond Dallas Page will face the former two time WCW World Heavyweight Champion one on one. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][CENTER][B][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Tazz16.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Lodi3.jpg[/IMG] 'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz v Lodi[/B][/CENTER][/SIZE] This was a very short match, which Taz completely and utterly dominated. The finish was the typical Tazmission, which Lodi flapped his arms around like a beached whale begging for mercy. The bell was rung, but Taz beligerently held on before the referee declared he would overturn the result if he did not let go. Taz gave him a response that is unprintable. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Taz[/CENTER][/SIZE][/QUOTE] Backstage, [B]'Macho Man' Randy Savage[/B] is sitting in his dressing room holding the precious hand of the beautiful [B]Miss Elizabeth[/B]. "Did you hear ooh yeah that he wants some gold yeah. I think he's forgotten one thing yeah, that the madness is still ever present. He has forgotten the insanity of the madness and yeah if Diamond DALLAS Page yeah thinks he's going to have an easy run to gold in World Championship Wrestling yeah, he's SADLY mistaken..." Elizabeth looks fearful as the intensity runs through the veins and eyes of Savage. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/EddyGuerrero2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Lance_Storm.jpg[/IMG] WCW Television Championship 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero (c) v Lance Storm[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] In light of his excellent performances for Thrillapalooza, Lance Stormed earned a Championship shot against the Television Champion Eddie Guerrero. This was a very good match in the midcard, many hot spots, many counters, all in all a quick fun match. Lance Storm went for a standing side kick, but Guerrero ducked, and managed to grab Storm by the legs as he went past, and in an innovative finish for Guerrero turned him over into a Boston Crab, which Storm sadly had to tap to to end an invigorating match. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, and STILL WCW Television Champion, Eddie Guerrero[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] After the match, [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B] took the microphone from David Penzer. "Esse, tonight, Lance Storm, you found out what it is to be taken down by Latino Heat amigo," Guerrero begins. "But I do know you are the real deal holmes, and one day you will rise. Now, onto you... Randy Savage. You know what you asked me to do esse, you wanted me to use my latino heat. But esse, what would Miss Elizabeth think? You see holmes, what you asked me to do is not something that is... culturally acceptable. Esse, that puts me in a difficult position... You know what I'm talking about..." Guerrero smiles and then drops the microphone, before rolling out of the ring with his WCW Television Championship. [QUOTE][CENTER][SIZE="5"][B][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/MasahiroChono.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Disco_Inferno4.jpg[/IMG] Masahiro Chono v Disco Inferno[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] This was one of Disco Inferno's better performances. He left the swinging of the booty to the entrance way, and in the ring concentrated like a thief in the night on the grand prize, a massive defeat of a worldwide superstar in Masahiro Chono of nWo Japan. But alas, tonight it was not to be, despite a great performance, everyone of late knows Chono can turn any momentum upside down with that thrust kick to the head, which is vicious, violent, and totally destructive. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Masahiro Chono[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] Backstage, [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B] is walking. Yes! He's walking! "Esse, should I... should I not..." He seems perplexed, till he turns the corner and sees [B]Kimberly Page[/B] in a tight hugging black dress in the middle of the hallway bending down to pick up a fallen piece of jewellery. A look of excitement comes over his face as he nods. "Kim... Mamacita..." Kim Page turns around, and smiles an affectionate smile. "Hey there, handsome stranger," she utters. "Did you see anything that took your fancy?" She's blushing slightly. But before this encounter can go any further, [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] comes on the scene, and Eddie Guerrero runs down the hallways. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/BillyKidman-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Jerry_Lynn6.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Perry_Saturn8.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/ChrisKanyonkyky.jpg[/IMG] Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn) v The Extreme Innovators (Perry Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon)[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] This was a sparkling match. Two contrasting teams, the aerial excellence of Thrillapalooza and the weaponry and power innovation game of the Extreme Innovators. But they clicked, and had for themselves a remarkable match on Nitro. Both teams after 6 or 7 minutes of open ended tagging found themselves on the outside. Thrillapalooza went to one side of the ring and grabbed a steel ladder from underneath, while on the other side Extreme Innovators found a table. Not concerned about the count from referee Mickey Jay, Saturn took the table and set it up next to Thrillapalooza's ladder. Jerry Lynn and Chris Kanyon found themselves brawling up the aisle, as Kidman and Saturn starting brawling up the ladder. Both men got to the top, and kept throwing haymakers before Saturn grabbed Kidman by the hair and both men went plowing through the table at ringside. What the hell.. wow! [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Double Count Out[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] Backstage, [B]'Mean' Gene Okerlund [/B]has been summonsed to an interview with [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B], who is pacing pensively behind Okerlund, looking extremely agitated. "Diamond Dallas Page, you have asked me to join you for an interview. What is the meaning of all this?" "I'm going to keep this short, and I'm going to keep this simple. Because things around here are getting.. Jacked Up! Eddie Guerrero, pal, you mind your own business, I don't care who put you up to this, that's all irrelevant. At the moment you're viewing merchandise that you can't afford. And let me tell you, if you touch that merchandise, I swear to God, I will snap your neck ten different ways to hell and back. Eddie Guerrero, this is... personal!" Page storms off, leaving Okerlund happy to be in one piece given the anger in Page. [QUOTE][CENTER][SIZE="5"][B][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/JuventudGuerrera-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Bill_Goldberg5.jpg[/IMG] Loser Leaves Town Juventud Guerrera v Bill Goldberg[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Tension mounted this match. It was like being inside a steel cage under water off Cape Horn as a Great White swum at you. Your very existence was on the line. The tension was especially coarse for Bill Goldberg, who was really struggling to move. Juventud was able to take it to him, and he concentrated on drop kicks to the ribs. Goldberg was gasping for air. The fans started chanting for Goldberg, and he looked up to a sea of fans at ringside holding up their four fingers. Goldberg started blocking off Juvi, and then set him up for the Spear! He defied all the pain in his body to hoise Juvi up for a sloppy Jackhammer, which Juvi could not respond to! The streak is alive and well, but Juventud Guerrera's career is over! [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Bill Goldberg[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] Before we cut to a break, [B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B] was caught scouting [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] from the top of the ramp. As we cut to the break, we saw a look of acknowledgement from Big Sexy himself. [QUOTE][B][CENTER][SIZE="5"][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Rey_Mysterio19.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Chavo_Guerrero12.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Stevie_Ray-01.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/BookerT1999.jpg[/IMG] WCW Tag Team Championships Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr (c) v Harlem Heat[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] This was a demonstration as to how far this team had come in terms of grasping the tag team game. No more was the sloppy mistakes that often had them cut off in the ring by stronger teams like Harlem Heat. In this match they used their speed and agility to keep moving Harlem Heat around, in a hit and run type strategy. Despite the brilliance of Harlem Heat, this was a landmark moment for Rey and Chavo who ended a good match when Rey hit the startling Springboard Hurricanrana on Stevie Ray for victory. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winners, and STILL WCW Tag Team Champions, Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] After the match, as [B]Harlem Heat[/B] rolled out of the ring looking extremely frustrated, David Penzer gave the microphone to [B]Rey Mysterio Jr[/B]. "Holmes," Mysterio says in between extremely heavy breathing fits. "We believe in the honour, in the traditions, in the prestige of these belts. Traditions..... you helped build. So at Fall brawl, Harlem Heat, amigos, we are going to put these Championships on the line... against... YOU!" Harlem Heat nod in acknowledgement and look overjoyed with the announcement. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][CENTER][B][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/DiamondDallasPage2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/LexLuger3.jpg[/IMG] 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page v 'The Total Package' Lex Luger[/B][/CENTER][/SIZE] Not the best match on the card, it was slow and a bit dour. Ultimately Diamond Dallas maintained his good recent record ending the match with the Diamond Cutter. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Diamond Dallas Page[/CENTER][/SIZE][/QUOTE] Post match, [B]'K-Dawg' Konnan[/B] ran into the ring, and attempted to smack a steel chair over the head of [B]'The Total Package' Lex Luger[/B]. But Luger was just aware of it in the knick of time and rolled out of the ring, and Konnan verbally cast some angry aspertions on Luger for casting doubts on his musical abilities. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/ChrisBenoit4.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Sting51.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Big_Show13.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Bret_Hart28.jpg[/IMG] WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit and Sting v The Giant and Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] The age old secret of protect the big guy in a long match was exhibited in this one. Niiice. Indeed the Giant was only really used to come in and pulverise, leaving the ring mostly for Hart, Sting, and Benoit to work some neat spots and some nice mat wrestling. This aided the match considerably. The strain of several submission type holds left all men desperate for the match at several points. This was quite a good match, but it wasn't an all out exhibition of all men's wrestling excellence. The match was ended when Bret Hart raked the eyes of Sting, and quickly tagged in the Giant, who took the unbeknowns Stinger sky high for a Chokeslam. Benoit ran in but Bret Hart shielded him away from the Giant who made the cover. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winners, Bret Hart and the Giant[/CENTER][/SIZE][/QUOTE] Before we cut to the break, [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] stood over the fallen body of [B]Sting[/B], smiling vividly, and imploring [B]the Giant[/B] to do it again. But the Giant was fixated on the retreating United States Champion [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B], and instead Hart picked up the prone Sting and tossed him over the top rope, and began celebrating from the turnbuckle as we cut to our break. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/ScottSteiner3.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/RickSteiner2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/ChrisJericho2.jpg[/IMG] Handicap Match - Non Title Match The Steiner Brothers v WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] The Steiners worked incredibly well, and had the Champion stalling for time, taking the match out of the ring before regaining ring position by beating them back into the ring. They were working great, and Jericho was feeling it. But inevitably there was a bad communication breakdown, and before you knew it 'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner had stepped off the apron, refusing to be tagged in. This left Scott Steiner as cannon fodder, and quickly enough he was tapping to the Liontamer. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Chris Jericho[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] Backstage, as [B]Sting[/B] limped towards the exit, he was suddenly ambushed from an unseen [B]Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell[/B]! Sting collapsed to the ground as Bagwell continued to stomp a mudhole in him. Sting was badly beaten, before Doug Dillenger and the WCW fun police arrived, with Bagwell fleeing the scene before being apprehended.

[QUOTE=totti;708615]WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Psicosis (c)[/B] v Hector Garza v Ultimo Dragon v Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger [I]I don't think he'll lose the title just yet.[/I] 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka v [B]Curry Man[/B] [I]Impressive win for Curry Man last week and I think it will continue.[/I] Lodi v [B]'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz[/B] Taz is much too powerful and needs to be kept strong after debuting not so long ago. WCW Television Championship: [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero (c)[/B] v Lance Storm He's going to have to be facing someone pretty special for me to go against him. Masahiro Chono v [B]Disco Inferno[/B] Extreme Innovators ('The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon and Perry Saturn) v [B]Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn)[/B] Loser Leaves Town Match: [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] v Juventud Guerrera [I]What a shock it would be if Goldberg managed to lose this.[/I] WCW World Tag Team Championships: [B]Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr (c)[/B] v Harlem Heat [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] v 'Total Package' Lex Luger Sting and WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit v [B]The Giant and Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] [I]I just have a feeling this two will come out on top.[/I] Non Title Handicap Match: WCW World Heavyweight Champion [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B] v The Steiner Brothers [I]More confusion in the Steiner camp.[/I] Bonus Tie Breaker Question What type of injury will WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho taunt 'The American Dream' Dusty Rhodes being affected by? 1) Welly-Belly Itis [B]2) Scale Weight Glaucoma[/B] 3) A broken heart string 4) None of the above[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Bigpapa42;708627]WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Psicosis [/B](c) v Hector Garza v Ultimo Dragon v Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka v [B]Curry Man[/B] Lodi v [B]'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz[/B] WCW Television Championship: [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero [/B](c) v Lance Storm Masahiro Chono v [B]Disco Inferno[/B] Extreme Innovators ('The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon and Perry Saturn) v [B]Thrillapalooza [/B](Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn) Loser Leaves Town Match: [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] v Juventud Guerrera WCW World Tag Team Championships: [B]Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr [/B](c) v Harlem Heat [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] v 'Total Package' Lex Luger Sting and WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit v [B]The Giant and Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] Non Title Handicap Match: WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho v [B]The Steiner Brothers[/B] Bonus Tie Breaker Question What type of injury will WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho taunt 'The American Dream' Dusty Rhodes being affected by? 1) Welly-Belly Itis 2) [B]Scale Weight Glaucoma[/B] 3) A broken heart string 4) None of the above[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=mad5226;709004]WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Psicosis (c)[/B] v Hector Garza v Ultimo Dragon v Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger [B] 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka[/B] v Curry Man Lodi v '[B]The Human Suplex Machine' Taz[/B] WCW Television Championship: [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero (c)[/B] v Lance Storm Masahiro Chono v [B]Disco Inferno[/B] Extreme Innovators ('The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon and Perry Saturn) v [B]Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn)[/B] Loser Leaves Town Match: Bill Goldberg v [B]Juventud Guerrera[/B] WCW World Tag Team Championships: [B]Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr (c)[/B] v Harlem Heat [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] v 'Total Package' Lex Luger Sting and WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit v [B]The Giant and Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] Non Title Handicap Match: WCW World Heavyweight Champion[B] 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B] v The Steiner Brothers Bonus Tie Breaker Question What type of injury will WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho taunt 'The American Dream' Dusty Rhodes being affected by? 1) Welly-Belly Itis [B]2) Scale Weight Glaucoma[/B] 3) A broken heart string 4) None of the above[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Oldschool;709085]Quick Picks WCW Cruiserweight Championship:[B] Psicosis [/B](c) v Hector Garza v Ultimo Dragon v Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger [B]'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka[/B] v Curry Man Lodi v [B]'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz[/B] WCW Television Championship: [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B] (c) v Lance Storm great match right here and i could envision Storm winning [B]Masahiro Chono[/B] v Disco Inferno Extreme Innovators ('The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon and Perry Saturn) v [B]Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn)[/B] Loser Leaves Town Match: Bill Goldberg v [B]Juventud Guerrera[/B] WCW World Tag Team Championships: Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr (c) v [B]Harlem Heat[/B] why not, a surprise title change [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] v 'Total Package' Lex Luger [B]Sting and WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] v The Giant and Bret 'The Hitman' Hart Non Title Handicap Match: [B]WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B] v The Steiner Brothers Bonus Tie Breaker Question What type of injury will WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho taunt 'The American Dream' Dusty Rhodes being affected by? [B]1) Welly-Belly Itis[/B] 2) Scale Weight Glaucoma 3) A broken heart string 4) None of the above The winner of the tips will get to choose the location of Fall-Brawl War Games from a list of historic locations for the traditional WCW 'slobba-knocka!'[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=MattitudeV2;709324]WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Psicosis[/B] (c) v Hector Garza v Ultimo Dragon v Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka v [B]Curry Man[/B] Lodi v [B]'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz[/B] WCW Television Championship: [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B] (c) v Lance Storm [B]Masahiro Chono[/B] v Disco Inferno Extreme Innovators ('The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon and Perry Saturn) v [B]Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn)[/B] Loser Leaves Town Match: [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] v Juventud Guerrera WCW World Tag Team Championships: [B]Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr[/B] (c) v Harlem Heat [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] v 'Total Package' Lex Luger [B]Sting and WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] v The Giant and Bret 'The Hitman' Hart Non Title Handicap Match: [B]WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B] v The Steiner Brothers Bonus Tie Breaker Question What type of injury will WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho taunt 'The American Dream' Dusty Rhodes being affected by? 1) [B]Welly-Belly Itis[/B] 2) Scale Weight Glaucoma 3) A broken heart string 4) None of the above[/QUOTE] Thanks once again for your tips, guys. Sadly, the match with Juvi was in reference to the 'office segment' with Bischoff and my character with the mystery wrestler. Appears old Juvi doesn't like to be put in his place too often so he ended up hating me :D

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/thunder.jpg[/IMG] [I]Memphis, Tennessee will be on Thursday night not only the home of the legendary Elvis Presley, but will also be home to Thursday Thunder. Tickets are on sale now, make sure you don't miss out on your opportunity to see 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair, Bill Goldberg, 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho and Bret 'The Hitman' Hart as WCW rolls back into the deep south. Question marks surround the new wrestler of 'Mouth of the South' Jimmy Hart's so cryptically revealed mid match on Nitro. Who is he? What is his challenge? Why did Buff Bagwell attack Sting? Will the memories of 1997's fateful War Games start flooding back to haunt Ric Flair? They are some of the lingering issues in WCW at the moment, but the most pressing issue of all will be definitely answered at Thunder - who will face 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship at Fall Brawl-War Games. Will it be Sting or Bret 'The Hitman' Hart? Make sure you tune in to find out...[/I][/CENTER] [U]Quick Picks[/U] The Great Muta v 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko WCW Television Championship: 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero (c) v 'Lord' Steven Regal 'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle v 'K-Dawg' Konnan Billy Kidman v Perry Saturn 'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner v The Giant The Fallen Angel v 'Total Package' Lex Luger WCW World Heavyweight Championship Contenders Qualification Series Decider: Sting v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart [U]Bonus Tie Breaker Question[/U] Who will the Outsiders unite to attack at Thunder? 1) 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair 2) 'The Enforcer' Arn Anderson 3) Tony Schiavone 4) Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr This is the last stop on the Road to Fall Brawl, home of War-Games....

Very happy to see Curry Man replaced by Fallen Angel. Never really enjoyed the Curry Man character, though you did well enough with him here. Think the Fallen Angel gimmick will make him a lot more usable, though. The Great Muta v[B] 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] WCW Television Championship:[B] 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B] (c) v 'Lord' Steven Regal [B]'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle[/B] v 'K-Dawg' Konnan Billy Kidman v [B]Perry Saturn[/B] 'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner v [B]The Giant[/B] The Fallen Angel v '[B]Total Package' Lex Luger[/B] WCW World Heavyweight Championship Contenders Qualification Series Decider: [B]Sting [/B]v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart Bonus Tie Breaker Question Who will the Outsiders unite to attack at Thunder? 1) 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair 2) 'The Enforcer' Arn Anderson 3) Tony Schiavone 4) [B]Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr[/B]

Great job with the change to the fallen angel, and I'm really loving the Eddie/DDP segments as well. Quick Picks The Great Muta v [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] WCW Television Championship: [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero (c)[/B] v 'Lord' Steven Regal [B]'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle[/B] v 'K-Dawg' Konnan Billy Kidman v [B]Perry Saturn[/B] 'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner v [B]The Giant[/B] [B]The Fallen Angel[/B] v 'Total Package' Lex Luger WCW World Heavyweight Championship Contenders Qualification Series Decider: [B]Sting[/B] v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart Bonus Tie Breaker Question Who will the Outsiders unite to attack at Thunder? 1) 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair 2) 'The Enforcer' Arn Anderson 3) Tony Schiavone [B]4) Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr[/B] This is the last stop on the Road to Fall Brawl, home of War-Games....

The memories of 1997 rang true through the mind of 'The Enforcer' Arn Anderson more than most, perhaps even more than the 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair himself. As he sat in his home in Charlotte, North Carolina, he still remembered the crazy antics of the Minnesota Wrecking Crew, but moreso he remembered the moment when in the gym he found he could no longer hold a glass of water let alone press any weights. He remembered that his career was over. But he knew that his life as a Four Horsemen would never end. And there he was, one year ago, inviting Curt Hennig to take his role as the Four Horsemen Enforcer. His role. A role that could set Hennig up for life. It was a dream come true. And when after much pandering Curt Hennig accepted, all the karma in the world seemed to align to finally set about a group of wrestler that would end the New World Order for once and for all. But as events transpired, Fall Brawl 1997 ended up being the biggest body blow in the life and times of Arn Anderson. His own protege had set up the Four Horsemen. As Curt Hennig received a beat down backstage and gained a cast over his arm, Anderson had a tear in his eye when he saw Hennig bravely walking down to the War Games cage to join the Horsemen. What he saw next horrified him. Curt Hennig turned on the Horsemen, and with the rest of the nWo handcuffed Steve 'Mongo' McMichael and 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit to the steel structure. Hennig held the steel cage door over the head of Flair, and told the Horsemen to submit. McMichael and Benoit refused. Until it was too late, where they reluctantly gave in, when Hennig slammed the door over the head of Flair. And then the ultimate indignation the following night on Monday Nitro when Curt Hennig gave one of the 'Nature Boy's fabled and expensive red sequined robes to his arch nemesis, 'Hollywood' Hulk Hogan. It was to be the beginning of the end for the Horsemen. The spirit was gone. The torment was too much. It appeared that the war was already over and that tradition and prestige was now a bittersweet memory. After the initial remorse of what had happened, and the guilt of being responsible for recruiting Hennig in the first place, Anderson sat down and put together a plan. He would not give up. If it meant that he would see an early grave due to the stresses of this war, then that was a sacrifice he was prepared to pay. He would never allow his best friend to go through that torment again. The sins of 1997 would be vanquished by the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse at Fall Brawl 1998. You see, to Arn Anderson, next Sunday night marked the beginning of the end for the New World Order. Gone would be the guilt, it would be replaced by pride. Pride for Tully, pride for Ole, for Sting, for Barry Windham, and outside of Horsemen legends for the likes of Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat, Rick and Scott Steiner, Harlem Heat, and even those who had left but had never really been forgotten like Cactus Jack and 'Stunning' Steve Austin, this was eternal pride and revenge for those who at one stage or another believed with the philosophies of the traditions of it all being about the most prestigious belt in professional sports - the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. "It won't happen again," he uttered. "I won't let it... This... Is... Different." [B]The Events that Mattered:[/B] Curt Hennig joins the Four Horsemen [CENTER][/CENTER] Curt Hennig slams the steel cage door over the head of 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair [CENTER][/CENTER]

The Great Muta v [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] WCW Television Championship: [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero [/B](c) v 'Lord' Steven Regal [B]'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle [/B]v 'K-Dawg' Konnan [B]Billy Kidman[/B] v Perry Saturn 'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner v [B]The Giant[/B] [B]The Fallen Angel[/B] v 'Total Package' Lex Luger WCW World Heavyweight Championship Contenders Qualification Series Decider: [B]Sting [/B]v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart Bonus Tie Breaker Question Who will the Outsiders unite to attack at Thunder? 1) 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair 2) [B]'The Enforcer' Arn Anderson[/B] 3) Tony Schiavone 4) Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr

I'll just agree with what has been said before about the Fallen Angel character. I'm looking to forward to more of him and it's already looking more exciting than Curry Man. One thing I'm enjoying is Jericho. You've caught him perfectly and this thing he's got going with Rhodes at the minute is great by me. I know people were sceptical of Jericho becoming Champion rather early, but I don't see any problems with that anymore. The Great Muta v [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] [I]Malenko needs to be kept the stronger of the two in my opinion.[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero (c)[/B] v 'Lord' Steven Regal [I]The title maye be due a change in holder soon, but I don't think it'll go to Regal. [/I] [B]'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle[/B] v 'K-Dawg' Konnan [I]I'm never going against Angle.[/I] [B]Billy Kidman[/B] v Perry Saturn [I]I can't see Saturn doing much and Thrillapalooza need to be kept strong.[/I] 'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner v [B]The Giant[/B] [I]Scott Steiner will probably get involved in some way, but to be honest he doesn't really need to.[/I] [B]The Fallen Angel[/B] v 'Total Package' Lex Luger [I]What a win this will be. Luger has never really been a favourite of mine anyway.[/I] WCW World Heavyweight Championship Contenders Qualification Series Decider: [B]Sting[/B] v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart [I]Sting will strike more fear into Jericho[/I] Bonus Tie Breaker Question Who will the Outsiders unite to attack at Thunder? 1) [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] 2) 'The Enforcer' Arn Anderson 3) Tony Schiavone 4) Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr

Thanks for the various comments on the last show and in particular the regeneration of the Fallen Angel. I guess the way it was done was it could have been a blow out moment up there with the Shockmaster and Norm the Lunatic, but I felt it was necessary for his character to make a telling impact upon the gimmicks arrival and am glad to see it has been received that way. Thanks for the comments also on the Dusty Rhodes/Chris Jericho segments. Truth be told, they've been the most enjoyable segments I've written in a long long time. I kinda wanted to get back to what made me enjoy Chris Jericho so much in WCW so much so that I've booked him as strongly as I have and it came down to not only being an extremely good wrestler, but also some comical skits/interviews that he did, particularly in relation to him collecting pieces of wrestlers gear like Juvi's mask and Prince Nackamacki's (heh, Prince Iaukea) skirt, and also the man of 1004 holds night. That was classic, and so I just wanted to liven up his character somewhat. Make him jealous, make him delusional, give him the humour back. The show should be up tomorrow for anyone who wants to put in last minute tips, go right ahead.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/thunder.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] At the top of the show, the crowd in Memphis, Tennessee, home of the legendary Elvis Presley are blanketed in black and whisps of grey as the nWo theme music begins. Leading the pack out is [B]'Easy E' Eric Bischoff,[/B] and he is accompanied by [B]Curt Hennig [/B]and the [B]Outsiders Scott Hall and 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B] who will take on the Four Horsemen this coming Sunday at Fall Brawl in the unforgiving steel frenzy of the War Games extravaganza. Once in the ring, Eric Bischoff arrogantly takes the microphone from David Penzer before blowing condescending kisses into the Tennessee crowd. "We love you! We love you! Thank you for making us feel as great as we are! God, I love this job. And I really love this job when this time of the year comes around. Incase any of you rednecks need any reminding, this coming Sunday is Fall Brawl, home of War Games. And what may you ask is up for grabs? For the winning team, a shot at the World Heavyweight Championship, which is of course, currently held by the nWo through 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho. But I have a message to the Four Horsemen, and in particular, Bill Goldberg and 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair. Firstly, Ric I just want to recap on something that you may or may not remember, but incase you don't, and because I'm looking for a bit of light entertainment, I want you all to cast your eyes to the Turner Tron...." As we look up, we see the carnage from War Games 1997, where Curt Hennig turned on the Four Horsemen to join the New World Order. Underneath a fake cast on his arm, Hennig had two sets of hand cuffs, which he promptly dispersed to the rest of the New World Order who cuffed Steve 'Mongo' McMichael and 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit to the steel cage. The Four Horsemen were eventually taunted into submitting when Hennig held the steel cage door over the head of 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair, and in fear for the safety of their leader, they hesitantly gave up. But despite submitting, Hennig still slammed the door over the head of 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair. "Now Ric Flair, we made a mistake. You know what that mistake was? As much as that would have put an ordinary man out of commission, little did we know one year on that you would still be standing. Well, pal, once bitten twice shy, and come Sunday night, your career will be over. Onto your comrad Bill Goldberg. Bill, even if the Horsemen by some act of defiance against all odds win at War Games, even if you yourself make it, I can see the glint in your eye that you assume that you will be getting the World Heavyweight Championship shot, and pal... as they say in the classics, never say never! Don't look at me, pal, look at Ric, look at Benoit, look at Malenko, the question I have to ask big man is... who can you trust? The only one you can really trust, when you think about is.... me! That's right, the on.." Just then Also Sprach Zarathrusta hits the sound system, and standing underneath the Turner Tron is none other than [B]'The Nature Boy' Ric Flair [/B]himself, in a gold sequined robe. He pirorettes at the top of the stage with his arms out by his side, as the crowd lap it up. He slicks back his hair, before, from the stage he addresses Bischoff and the New World Order. "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Did somebody tell me that the Four Horsemen would be having a party in Memphis Tennessee? WOOOOOOOOOOOOO is it..true?! Eric Bischoff, by god, you're a low down coward. You're a cheat, you're a low down son of a [beep]. I hate your guts pal, I really do." "Ric, Ric, I want yo.." "Shut the hell up! You shut the hell up! You can talk all you want about War Games Bischoff, but I have a question for Scott Hall and Kevin Nash. You all saw what happened at Fall Brawl 1997, you all saw it. And I've seen some of the recent acts and discussions from Curt Hennig. To me it seems as if he's causing a divide, just as he did in the Four Horsemen. A leopard never changes its spots. The true question of trust belongs to you, Outsiders. Lately I've wondered whether you've could trust yourselves let alone the man standing next to you, but you can multiply that mistrust by a thousand when Hennig is involved. You know, there's a lot to be said for vengeance. There's a lot of blood that was shed that night, but brother, I'm not the only one whose experienced violence inside that steel structure. You can ask everyone from Nikita Koloff to Sting to Arn Anderson to Larry Zbysko brother, no one escapes the same way they came in. After all you put me through Curt Hennig, I'm still standing. The real question though is this Kev, ... Scott... will you still be standing after what Hennig puts you through?" Nash and Hall look angered, and Hennig retreats a pace or two professing his innocence. "Think about it. Think about all the troubles lately in the New World Order. Then brothers, ask yourselves where your .... loyal.... captain Curt Hennig has been." Hennig grabs the microphone from Flair. "Ric Flair, you can shut the hell up, pal. You see at War Games, you will find out the true side of Curt Hennig, its true. But my blood is as black as ever in the New World Order, and my loyalty to these two men is perf..." "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I don't care what you say Hennig, at War Games, I'll have a special surprise for you. You see, I don't take too kind to having my men handcuffed to a cage and a door slammed over my head. That's one thing, but you went too far brother, when you gave up my red sequined robe to Hollywood Hulk Hogan. Oh I remember that! I remember that! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! And there'll be suffering for it... Over a decade boys, that's how long the Horsemen has stood tall together. The question is, how much more can you last with a Benedict Arnold like Curt Hennig in the ranks. The answer to the War Games questions are all very simple. Diamonds are forever, and so is Ric Flair and the Four Horsemen! Curt Hennig, to be the man, you've got to beat the man, and pal, you're dealing with slick Ric, the dirtiest player in the game, space mountain, a wheeling dealing, kiss stealing, limousine riding, jet flyin son of a gun! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! And at War Games, you're going to find out that it's all not self promotion brother, because being the dirtiest player in the coupled with the chance of sweet revenge... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... is as you boys would say, too sweet!" Bischoff and the nWo look angered as we cut to our first break of the night. [QUOTE][CENTER][SIZE="5"][B][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/thGreat_Muta2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Dean_Malenko6.jpg[/IMG] The Great Muta v 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] The Great Muta is a legend on both sides of the Pacific, gaining fame here in the late 80s and early 90s with a spirited feud with then rookie superstar Sting. His wrestling skills really helped put Sting over on a major level, and the feud continued over the years. Here in 1998 he is still a legend capable of success at all levels, and tonight he put on another physical match with Dean Malenko to kick off Thunder. Malenko tried to operate at mat level with Muta tried to keep him up and utilise his quick striking attacks. Muta went for the Green Misting attack, but Malenko was able to duck, and immediately took hold of Muta's legs, dropping him down... TEXAS CLOVERLEAF! Muta had no escape, as Malenko grabbed a great win prior to the important role he would play at Fall Brawl. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Dean Malenko[/CENTER][/SIZE][/QUOTE] A video plays highlighting the recent activities between WCW United States Champion [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] and [B]the Giant[/B], who will meet up one on one at Fall Brawl for the coveted United States Championship. * We see the Giant terrorising Goldberg post Road Wild * That is, until Chris Benoit catches the Giant attacking Goldberg and rushes him off * We hear about why Benoit got involved, he claims the Giant is envious due to Goldberg's and the Horsemen's unparraleled success * We hear Benoit talking about the various legends who have held the United States Championship, and his claim that the Giant is not deserving of the Championship * We see the Giant respond as he manhandles Luger, which Benoit curiously watches on * We see footage from Bret Hart and the Giant defeating Chris Benoit and Sting last Monday night on Nitro The commentators hype up that this is bound to be Chris Benoit's greatest challenge yet, a man over 500 pounds in weight, built with unparraleled power, craving for his gold. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/EddyGuerrero2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/StevenRegal2.jpg[/IMG] WCW Television Championship 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero (c) v 'Lord' Steven Regal[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Eddie Guerrero was at his best tonight, he seemed to be using Regal's rage from the recent events surrounding a controversial disquafication win by Guerrero a week or two ago. Regal came at Guerrero hard, who merely waited for Regal to burn through the energy, before countering a neckbreaker, and assuming control, finally winning with the Frog Splash for the pinfall. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, and STILL WCW Teleivision Champion, Eddie Guerrero[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] Post match, [B]'Mean' Gene Okerlund[/B] frumped his way to the ring, before beckoning the WCW Television Champion [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero [/B]over for an interview. "Alright, Eddie Guerrero, as we count down to Fall Brawl, I need to know of your intentions in your pursuit of Kimberly Page?" "Esse, holmes, it is what it is. No mere mortal mamacita can resist the temptations, the urges of latino heat esse..." "Are you telling me that you are making a play for Kimberly?" "Esse, that's a rather personal question, and as far as I am concerned holmes, you, nor the pesky cameramen have any right pursuing me through my personal life. Or should I say lives. There is plenty of latino heat to go around, esse, but I will not say anything more at this stage..." Guerrero pats Okerlund condescendingly on the head before walking out of the ring, leaving Okerlund confused. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][CENTER][B][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Konnan10.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/backgroundANGLE.jpg[/IMG] 'K-Dawg' Konnan v 'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle[/B][/CENTER][/SIZE] Kurt Angle was clearly still struggling with the full effects of the neck injury he recently obtained courtesy of Masahiro Chono, and despite a valiant momentum change in the middle of the match, the much improved Konnan ended the bout when Masahiro Chono flicked Angle's boot during a chain wrestling spot, to throw him off balance into a high knee from Konnan, who managed to then snap on the Tequila Sunrise for the victory. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Konnan[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] Backstage, [B]Curt Hennig[/B] is in the nWo dressing room with [B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B] and [B]Scott Hall[/B]. "Guys, guys... trust me on this one," Hennig implores. "Yo, Kev, Curt, I don't know who to trust anymore," Hall responds. "Everything that once seemed so black and white is now gray..." "Well if you don't trust us, why don't you do something about it tough guy?" Nash responds, before slapping Hall across the face. "Don't you think this is real? Huh? Don't you? Damn it!" He said as he slapped once more. "Get your head together. This is about the New World Order, and bro, we're the original Outsiders. Curt knows himself if he dared do anything to upset the nWo he would be a.... dead man..." Hennig gulped before adding, "I know that Kev, trust me on this one," before anxiously walking away. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][CENTER][B][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Perry_Saturn8.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/BillyKidman-1.jpg[/IMG] Perry Saturn v Billy Kidman[/B][/CENTER][/SIZE] This was a very good 'bout, perhaps the best of the night thus far, even better perhaps than Muta/Malenko. After some great innovative spots through the middle of the match, Kidman and Saturn found themselves on the outside. After some backawrds and forth slaps and punches, Saturn found himself hurtling head first into the steel ring post, knocking him out cold. Kidman slid back into the ring in the knick of time, before Saturn found himself not only down and out, but counted out as well. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Billy Kidman[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] Our replay of the surge of [B]Saturn [/B]into the ring post is frantically cut short as we cut backstage to find [B]'The Enforcer' Arn Anderson[/B] face down on the unforgiving concrete floor. We see the familiar frames of [B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B] and [B]Scott Hall [/B]standing over Anderson, before Nash takes up Anderson's shirt and spray paints nWo all over his back, before we cut to a break. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Big_Show13.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/RickSteiner2.jpg[/IMG] The Giant v 'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Rick Steiner's month from hell was all but completed tonight as the Giant showed Chris Benoit and all the doubters just how powerful an athlete he is. Rick tried to stay with him, but eventually he was knocked into fantasy land as the Giant completed a dominant win with the Chokeslam. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, the Giant[/SIZE][/CENTER] [/QUOTE] Post match, [B]the Giant[/B] lifted [B]'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner [/B]up once more, and again dropped him with a dismantling Chokeslam, showing no remorse for the fallen corpse of Steiner as he strode out of the ring, over the top rope, looking extremely intense. [CENTER]------------------------------[/CENTER] Backstage,[B] 'Mean' Gene Okerlund[/B] stood by with a very anxious [B]'The Master of The Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B], who paced backwards and forth behind him, shaking his head in disgust. "Alright guys, I'm back here with Diamond Dallas Page of the New World Order, and Diamond Dallas, you heard the comments earlier this evening from the WCW Television Champion Eddie Guerrero, Page, I know tha.." "You know nothing pal! You know nothing. I want to tell you somthing Eddie Guerrero, there is something more sacred to me than the New World Order, than wrestling itself. It's money. And Kim is a very marketable piece of [BEEP]. If you think you can try and move that merchandise off me, you're very very wrong. As is my dutiful wife if she thinks that way. You see, she is my property, and she knows that life is only complete when she also has her money maker in the picture. When I signed my contract with the New World Order Eddie, I became the highest paid member of this companies roster. How can you beat that, pal? The answer is, you can't. So this whole thing is pretty jacked up if you ask me, so here's what I'm going to do. I know you have this... thing going on with Raven at Fall Brawl, but now that match is officially a three way. Diamond Dallas Page, Eddie Guerrero and Raven, for the WCW Television Championship. Pal, I'm going to take away the most precious thing in your life... Bada-bing, bada-bang... BADA-BOOM!" Page snaps the signal for the Diamond Cutter, before beginning to walk off, only to be surprised by a clothesline from [B]Raven[/B]! Page gets back up, and Raven hits him in another clothesline. Page groggily gets up.. BANG! Evenflow DDT! Page is out cold! [QUOTE][CENTER][SIZE="5"][B][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Christopher_Daniels28.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/LexLuger3.jpg[/IMG] The Fallen Angel v 'Total Package' Lex Luger[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Lex Luger was surprised by the tenacity and agility of this new surprise packet here in WCW. The Fallen Angel kept chopping away with decisive drop kicks and drop toe holds, which were really beginning to frustrate Luger. 'K-Dawg' Konnan headed to ringside, and with the referee unaware came charging in with a steel chair, but instead of hitting Luger he accidentally cleaned up the Fallen Angel. Luger clotheslined Konnan out, before covering the unfortunate Fallen Angel for an unfortunate tick in the loss column here in WCW. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Lex Luger[/CENTER][/SIZE][/QUOTE] Backstage, [B]'Mean' Gene Okerlund [/B]stood by with the WCW World Heavyweight Champion, [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B]. "Tony, I thank you. I have with me at this time the WCW World Heavyweight Champion, 'Lionheart' Chris Jer.." "No no no no no! You've got it wrong again! I'm your paragon of good virtue, the king of the world, the Ayotollah of Rock N Rollllllaaaaa, the leader of all the Jerichoholics, and YOUR WCW World Heavyweight Champion, 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho. Gene, all I want is for you to want me, and to want me, you need to show me some DAMN respect and get this right! D'ya understand? Otherwise I'll do to you what I did to the Walrus Rhodes, cu-cu-ca-chu. Where is he anyway?" "Well uh..." "I specifically asked for Dusty Rhodes. Not you, Play it for me one more time Sam. All I'm asking for here in WCW is a bit of respect. Is that too much for the World Heavyweight Champion to expect?..?" "Well, uhh, you did switch your allegiances to the New Wor.." "Are you jealous, Junior? Would you like to be the honourary New World Order correspondent? Well you can't, because as far as I'm concerned, I'm the King of the Castle and you're a dirty rascal. Now Junior, surely you saw the agenda for this interview.... Get on it!" "Well, uhh, what I really wanted to know is how you feel not knowing who your opponent is going to be at Fall Brawl...?" "What? What? That was not on the agenda Okerlund. This was supposed to be a lifestyles of the rich and famous exploration of my million dollar mansion that you, nor none of my Jerichoholics will ever...EVVVEERRRR see because I'm so much better than them, and Ralphus and my personal security team will SWAT you down if you come within a hundred feet of my palace.. But, if that's the way its going to be, I won't show you all the juicy details of my palacial home. No, you won't get to see my carousel, my chimps, my giraffes, the room where I have all my favourite sleepover guests like Macauley Culkan. Noooooooo, I don't wanna know about your fabulous lifestyle Chris, all I want to know about is your stupid match at Fall Brawl. Damn it, I want you know about my giraffes," Jericho says as he jumps up and down in frustration. "I want you to know about my candy making machine! I want you to know about my miniature NASCAR track. I want you to want me! But noooooooo, you want to know about my match? My match, Junior? Do you think I'm scared, do you think I'm worried...?" "Well I would th.." "You would what? Interrupt me? You do know what I did to Free Willy, right? Bret Hart, Sting, Bret Hart, Sting... it's all I ever hear about. Bret Hart this, Sting that. What about me me me me me me me me me! ME! ME! I'll tell you what Junior, at Fall Brawl, I'm going to take out all my pent up frustration, this frustration that I'm bottling up so well, and I'm going to spooge it all over Bret Hart and Sting's face. And I'll be like, in your face Hart, in your face Sting! You see Okerlund, when all's said and done, at Fall Brawl, either Sting or Bret Hart, it doesn't matter, they're all going to be lonely people like all my Jerichoholics, picking up rice from the church where the wedding has been. Cu-cu-ca-chu, Gene!" Jericho thrusts his right bicep up and kisses it, before moving off. [CENTER]------------------------[/CENTER] Before our main event of the evening began, [B]Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell[/B] joined the commentary team, who were far from estatic with his presence. [QUOTE][CENTER][SIZE="5"][B][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Bret_Hart28.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Sting51.jpg[/IMG] WCW World Heavyweight Championship Qualification Match Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v Sting [/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] This was the decider. This was the golden moment for either of these two superstars to take on a technically brilliant but emotionally delusional WCW World Heavyweight Champion this coming Sunday night at Fall Brawl. A genuine opportunity stared them right in the face, it was just a matter of execution, patience, and courage. Who would defy the odds? Whose tenacity would shine through? This epic journey between Hart and Sting has paved the way to this ultimate judgement on their performance and qualities. And that's how the match panned out, an excellent exhibition between this two. Perhaps in all their recent matches, perhaps their best. Numerous near falls, numerous counters, the Sharpshooter and the Scorpion Death Lock such similar moves used together, it was an interwoven web of extreme technical bliss. Technically, you could argue this was perhaps the best match of WCW in 1998. So much of the match was spent on the mat, that it was kind of a bit disappointing that the two found their way to the outside for a tense physical confrontation. [B]Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell [/B]dropped his headset for a moment and clotheslined Sting, turning the advantage over to Bret Hart. Bagwell sat at ringside as Hart attempted to execute Sting. But Sting kept fighting back, he kept relenting, he kept ruthlessly finding a way to overcome all the odds. Eventually Sting got on a roll and found himself hitting a few Stinger Splashes, and then the Scorpion Death Drop. Bagwell got up on the apron, pacing backwards and forth, and Sting came charging over to clothesline him off. But the distraction caused was effective, as Hart took Sting down for an inside cradle roll up, with his feet on the ropes...1...2...3! How cheap, Buff Bagwell just cost Sting the ultimate shot... [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Bret Hart[/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE] As [B]Sting[/B] got to his feet, he pointed the bat at [B]Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell[/B], who nodded his head. Has he accepted an official challenge? What will happen at Fall Brawl? Find out, live and exclusive to Pay-Per-View.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/fallbrawl.jpg[/IMG] [I]From the Road Warriors to the Minnesota Wrecking Crew, from Larry Zbysko to Vader, many great warriors of the wrestling world have stepped foot in the unforgiving two ringed steel structure that houses War Games, but none have stepped out unscathed. Lives have been shattered, emotions twisted and taunted. Men walk in expecting glory, but come out winning by suffering the least cruelest loss to his career and manhood compared to his fellow competitors. Atlanta, Georgia, will be home to the most ferocious encounter known in the wrestling world, the tradition of torment will undoubtedly continue.[/I][/CENTER] [U]Quick Picks[/U] WCW World Cruiserweight Championship: Psicosis (c) v Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger nWo Japan (Yuji Nagata, Masahiro Chono and The Great Muta) v 'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle and the Dancing Dools ('Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright and Disco Inferno) Tables and Ladders Match: Suspended above the ring will be a contract for a shot at the WCW Tag Team Championships - The Extreme Innovators (Perry Saturn and 'The Innovator Of Offence' Chris Kanyon) v Thrillapalooza (Jerry Lynn and Billy Kidman) WCW United States Championship: 'The Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit (c) v The Giant WCW World Tag Team Championships: Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr (c) v Harlem Heat 'Total Package' Lex Luger v 'K-Dawg' Konnan WCW Television Championship: 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero (c) v Raven v 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page WCW/nWo Wargames: The Four Horsemen ('Nature Boy' Ric Flair, 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko and Bill Goldberg) v Curt Hennig and the Outsiders Sting v Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell WCW World Heavyweight Championship: 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c) Bret 'The Hitman' Hart

Quick Picks WCW World Cruiserweight Championship:[B] Psicosis (c)[/B] v Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger nWo Japan (Yuji Nagata, Masahiro Chono and The Great Muta) v [B]'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle and the Dancing Dools ('Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright and Disco Inferno)[/B] Tables and Ladders Match: Suspended above the ring will be a contract for a shot at the WCW Tag Team Championships - [B]The Extreme Innovators (Perry Saturn and 'The Innovator Of Offence' Chris Kanyon)[/B] v Thrillapalooza (Jerry Lynn and Billy Kidman) WCW United States Championship: 'The Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit (c) v [B]The Giant[/B] WCW World Tag Team Championships: [B]Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr (c)[/B] v Harlem Heat [B] 'Total Package' Lex Luger[/B] v 'K-Dawg' Konnan WCW Television Championship: 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero (c) v Raven v [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] WCW/nWo Wargames: The Four Horsemen ('Nature Boy' Ric Flair, 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko and Bill Goldberg) v [B]Curt Hennig and the Outsiders [/B] [B]Sting[/B] v Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell WCW World Heavyweight Championship: 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c) B[B]ret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B]

Archived