WCW 1998: A prequel to "Death of WCW"

[QUOTE=tristram;716961]ARGHHH! My error. No, the main event is Chris Jericho v Roddy Piper. My eyes were hanging out of my head when I put it up, but I apologise for the error. Please feel free to change your tips accordingly.[/QUOTE] Eh, the winner stays the same so no need to change...besides i think Goldberh could win the doubleheader...just might not be so good for getting Chris over :p

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WCW Cruiserweight Champion Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger, Psicosis and 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka v [B]Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman, Jerry Lynn and Hector Garza)[/B] [I]I was tempted to pick against Thrillapalooza here, but I always like to see Lynn getting a win.[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero (c)[/B] v 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright [I]Eddie continues his very impressive reign.[/I] West Hollywood Blondes (Lenny Lane and Lodi) v [B]nWo Japan (Masahiro Chono and the Great Muta)[/B] [I]nWo Japan should be kept strong and add further misery to Lodi after the squash from last week.[/I] [B]Raven [/B]v Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell [I]Raven's push seems to have slowed down slightly so I'm hoping he can get back on track here.[/I] WCW Tag Team Championships: Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr (c) v [B]British Connection ('Lord' Steven Regal and 'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay)[/B] [I]I think i'll go with a title change here aswell. It may be saved for the next ppv though, but a win for the British Connection is good by me.[/I] [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] v Scott Hall [I]Further momentum for the Horsemen.[/I] WCW World Heavyweight Championship: [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c)[/B] v 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/highway-1.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Firstly, thanks to the editors of WCW Magazine for this great opportunity to bring you my very first WCW column, [I]Down the Wrestling Highway.[/I] It was a great privilege to be back in Atlanta, Georgia for WCW Fall Brawl and as we carry on down the highway of professional wrestling towards WCW's Halloween Havoc it becomes a very good time to introduce this article. By definition, Down the Wrestling Highway will be a piece on the names and faces of what makes World Championship Wrestling what is today, over the years these men have been assembled from all over the globe from Japan, Mexico, Canada, Ireland, Britain, we've had giants, we have had luchadores, we have had martial arts experts and we have out and out powerhouses, we have submissionists and we have table wreckers. We have a variety of intense human beings who drive for overarching gold and ulterior motives. It is the emotions and the backgrounds of these characters that shape each of our wrestlers as unique entities and provides outrageous colour to an age old sport in professional wrestling. With Fall Brawl in the books, we thought it was high time to meet one of the victors from the Pay-Per-View. No, this is not Chris Jericho the WCW World Heavyweight Champion, it's not even 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair of the Four Horsemen, this week we take a look at 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon, of the Extreme Innovators. "He got that moniker by his unique desire to try new things," Sgt Buddy Lee Parker of the WCW Power Plant eluded to. The truth is, Chris Kanyon had very little to do with the WCW Power Plant, which instead acted purely as a finishing school before his WCW debut. Kanyon first came into professional wrestling in the World Wrestling Federation in 1994 at the age of 24. He wrestled various wrestlers including 'Heartbreak Kid' Shawn Michaels. But he soon found himself leaving the World Wrestling Federation and found himself being trained by both the legendary Fabulous Moolah and Afa of the Wild Samoans. "It was great," Kanyon said in a sit down interview with myself earlier this week. "It was a great learning experience, you had like ... decades of wrestling experience imparting their knowledge onto you." One of the little things people often don't know about Kanyon is that his first recognisable impacts in a local professional wrestling scene is with a wrestler he has found himself feuding with. "Yeah, Billy [Kidman] and I... it was, strange, you know, we would come out in Ice Hockey jumpers..." A rare tidbit on the life and times of Chris Kanyon is that he has completed a degree in Physical Therapy. "Kinda weird, ain't it? Now I crack backs for a living, but not in the way people with that qualifation normally would..." After a long road with varied road blocks, Kanyon has found himself teaming with an incoming sensation from Extreme Championship Wrestling in Perry Saturn. Already the duo, the Extreme Innovators, have mounted the highest peak in professional tag team wrestling, winning the WCW Tag Team Championships from the New World Order duo of 'K-Dawg' Konnan and the legendary Curt Hennig, before losing it to eight time World Tag Team Champions Harlem Heat. At Fall Brawl though, Kanyon and Saturn won an opportunity to book in a shot at the WCW Tag Team Championships by defeating Thrillapalooza's Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn in a Tables and Ladders match. The feedback from the fans post show was extreme appreciation for the efforts put in by both teams. When do the challengers intend on taking up their opportunity? "We're pretty strange like that," Kanyon mentioned. "Most people would have thought we'd take up last Monday, or perhaps we'd wait for the big pay day opportunity at Halloween Havoc. You know, maybe we'll wait till we see the Champions as being really well beaten up before striking, but also Perry and I see ourselves as fighting Champions so we don't usually take short cuts." So where to now for the 28 year old Queens native? "The sky is really the limit," a WCW insider has said. "He's got a kind of mystical look to him, he's willing to try things you know he really carried off the Mortis gimmick well, and most importantly, the fans are really reacting to him because of the high energy and explosive style he has in the ring. It does take time though, for example, Hulk Hogan did not become the WWF Champion until 7 years into his career... People thought it was kind of overnight, and that he was hot from the start, but he wasn't. Chris has got some things to work on, probably some of his out of wrestling skills like microphone skills, and people don't often see that as being so important, but it is. Unless you can rile up a Champion enough to get yourself a shot or make it be known through how you can explode your character in a limited period of time enough so that the fans demand you have a shot, it can be very difficult..." In the meantime, Chris is quite content carrying on with Perry Saturn in a crowded tag division. He believes he is learning a lot from Saturn, with their extreme alternative styles causing much consternation within the tag ranks. "They are one tough team," one unidentified tag team wrestler commented. "Sucka, because of how different they is, I wouldn't want to be facing them, now can you dig that?" The truth is, Chris Kanyon has come an incredibly long way since being a rare rugby union player in Buffalo, New York, and his Flatliner has gained enormous respect amongst the locker room. Behind the scenes, Chris is regarded as being a creative mind, and there is some thought that down the line if WCW were to cross-brand into the mainstream media market that a talent like Chris with both an eye for an attention to detail and an amazingly agile physical frame could find himself involved in a heavy way. Either way, despite it all, it would appear Chris has a long future in front of him, and it has been both a challenge and a great experience finding out more about him in the first edition of [I]Down the Highway[/I] with the 'Professor' Mike Tenay. [I][RIGHT]Mike Tenay is the play-by-play host of WCW Thursday Thunder.[/RIGHT][/I]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/thunder.jpg[/IMG] [I]Proudly brought to you by...[/I] [I]For the good times, great taste... of McDonald's![/I][/CENTER] We flash to the outside of this Salt Lake City, Utah arena, as the dusk sets on another Thursday night before panning around the inside of the sold out arena, when the [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5C-LEiDaFo"]familiar music of [B]Disco Inferno[/B][/URL] hits. Disco moves to the top of the ramp, and shakes a move or two, before continuing to walk down the aisle to the ring. In the ring, a great big silver disco ball descends to settle over the top of the ring, as Disco sits on a red coloured love shaped leather seat with a microphone in his hand. "Salt Lake City, Utah, you're all looking foxy, you're all looking cool, you're all looking Disco dancing fools," Disco announces. "And tonight, I welcome you to .. Thursday Night Fever. The most jive place in all of Utah tonight as Disco Inferno jives all through the night with you. And tonight, I want to welcome to you my inaugural guest, none other than the World Heavyweight Champion, 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho!" [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B] appears at the top of the ramp, as his [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZv5xlGtnkA"]music hits[/URL], and he strides down the aisle with the WCW World Heavyweight Championship laying across his right shoulder. He gets in the ring, goes to the opposing turnbuckle, stands on the second pad and holds his arms aloft with the Championship glittering to all the fans. As he turns back, Disco holds out his right hand, Jericho puts out his right hand to shake it but then pulls his hand back and slicks his hair, before sitting on a padded pink sofa to the left of Disco Inferno. "Welcome to ..." Disco says, before being interrupted. "Thursday Night Jericho! I am your paragon of good virtue, the ayatollah of rock ...N rolllaaaa, and I am the leader of all of you Jerichoholics." "Is this going to turn into another Dusty Rhodes type farce, Chris?" Disco asks. "This company has asked me to introduce you tonight.." "Shut...the...hell... up, Junior! Do you know who you're talking to? You're talking to the Man of 1004 Holds, pal. You are talking to the greatest wrestler alive today, the WCW World Heavyweight Champion. As far as Dusty Rhodes goes, that bottom feeding trash bag was in the wrong place... at the wrong time..." "Whoa!" We can hear Mike Tenay blurt in commentary, as we flash up and see [B]'Rowdy' Roddy Piper[/B] walking down the aisle. Belatedly, his [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2IUMy0eW3U"]music[/URL] starts, which causes Jericho to turn around and look over his shoulder. The 'Hot Rod' enters the ring, and goes straight up, nose to nose with 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho. "What are you doing here? You're not meant to be here!" Jericho comments. "I do... what I WANT to do," Piper retorts. "For having me I say THANK YOU very much. Chris Jericho, the last two or three weeks you have been making a mockery out of a legend. And as legends go, ha! They don't get much bigger than Dusty Rhodes that is for sure, pal..." "You're insane, Roddy," Jericho says. "You think I'M INSANE? You wouldn't know the half of it. Do you know how bad I am?" Piper begins laughing. "They had to put bars on particular arenas, Chris. And you know? Because I'm a rowdy Scotsmen, I fight for ... fun." "Get out of my ring, Piper!" Jericho says as he stands up to Piper. "I'm sorry, Chris, but I didn't hear you, you know why? Because you see this?" Piper says as he begins close fist punching his ear. "I can't hear properly out of it. And you know why? Because I nearly had the thing ripped off in a dog collar match with the meanest, nastiest man alive at the time Greg 'The Hammer' Valentine. And you want me to get out of YOUR ring? When I gave my hearing? My blood? My sweat? No no no no no no. NO! You see, this is OUR ring. It's the FAN'S ring. And I'm going to ask these fans, would ya like me to take young Chris here to school later tonight?" The fans cheer unanamously. "Well that's just dandy, because tonight Chris, for all you did to Dusty, for all you've done to Dean Malenko, for all ya did to Prince Iuakea, ... boy, tonight you're going to find out why I was rowdy before rowdy was cool. You see tonight boy, you think you're in for a match. But you're in for a war. You see tonight pal, buddy old boy,... just when you think you've got the answers, I've already changed the questions.." Piper turns to leave, before he does, he turns to throw a right at Jericho, which connects, sending the World Heavyweight Champion scurrying out of the ring! [CENTER]-------------------------------[/CENTER] Meanwhile, backstage, the Outsider [B]Scott Hall[/B] notices [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] flirting with one of the Nitro Girls, and corners him. "Hey.. Hey Yo.." Flair cringes his face, "Is ... is... that garlic? Is that how your breath smells naturally?" "Oh real wise guy. Look chico, I am the original bad guy around here. And I'm still annoyed about what happened at Fall Brawl, chico. You see, I was going to get myself another World Heavyweight Championship shot, but all I hear lately loco is about Bill Goldberg this, and Bill Goldberg that. So I want you to pass a message on..." Flair looks bemused. "Tell Goldberg, tonight, chico... He's next!" Hall walks off, leaving Flair looking startled, you can see his face that he thinks Hall has gone insane challenging Goldberg. [QUOTE][CENTER][SIZE="5"][B][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/JushinLiger.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/PsicosisMask.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/LaParka3.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/BillyKidman-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Jerry_Lynn6.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Hector_Garza2.jpg[/IMG] WCW Cruiserweight Champion Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger, Psicosis and 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka v Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman, Jerry Lynn and Hector Garza)[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Thrillapalooza and the cruiserweight masters battled out a very fast paced opener. Thrillapalooza continue to defy all odds to back their mission creed of blowing shows away at all costs, and took several death defying moves to keep the action pumping. Eventually Jushin Lyger was able to take some of the momentum out of Hector Garza, and seemed to have a modium of control, when Psicosis sprung to the top rope looking for a springboard clothesline, only to accidentally collect Lyger. Garza quickly rolled over for a snappy 3 count before La Parka could make the save. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winners, Thrillapalooza[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] Post match, [B]Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger[/B] refused to help [B]Psicosis[/B] up. He stood over the top of him, and then shook his masked head before walking out of the ring disappointed with what just transpired, even though it looked to be a mistake. [CENTER]----------------------------[/CENTER] Meanwhile, backstage [B]Curt Hennig [/B]is talking one on one with [B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B]. Both men are sitting on opposing leather recliners in one of the spacious luxurious dressing rooms afforded to the New World Order. "You've got to help him tonight, and I think I know just the trick," Hennig says with a vibrant smile. "Infact, I think you'll see that this plan is fullproof, and therefore perfe.." "Whoa whoa," Nash interrupts. "I still don't know whether I quite trust him bro, after all we've been through." "Trust me on this one Kev, tonight, you'll make your mark.." [CENTER]---------------------[/CENTER] In the dingy dressing room of the [B]Steiner Brothers[/B], both men look up and see [B]'Rowdy' Roddy Piper[/B] enter the dressing room. "Ya wanted me to prove it didn't ya?" Piper asks. "Well I'm as crazy as rat poison, and tonight, I'm going to show you what faith is all about..." "Don't you think this is kind of... suicidal," Scott Steiner asks. "Do I look stupid to you? Don't answer that, actually. The fact is, no matter what the blood still pumps through me and it flows to my brain and says to me in all the Scottish garb, ... fight! Fight! Fight! Fight for what's right, remember that, fight... for what's RIGHT!" [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/EddyGuerrero2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/AlexWright6.jpg[/IMG] WCW Television Championship 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero (c) v 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] A good match, without being typically great, Alex Wright hit some of his German suplexes, and then wiggled like it was the final round of the Bundesliga, and this allowed Eddie Guerrero to work his way back into the match and set Alex up for the Frogsplash. Yet another defence for Eddie, what a run he is on! [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, and STILL WCW Television Champion, Eddie Guerrero[/CENTER][/SIZE][/QUOTE] Meanwhile, backstage, [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] slaps [B]Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell[/B] on his back. Bagwell turns around, and notices Page, and they give each other the nWo signal. "Dallas, what's up?" "Yo, Buff, tonight, I want you to show the world you really are the stuff..." "I've been doing it forever and a day Dallas, why what do you have planned?" "Tonight, you get a massive opportunity against a whole army. Well, not really, but you know what I mean. Tonight, you're going up against Raven." Buff's eyes widen. "Well, that really is hot Dallas. Smokin' hot! Just like me, Buff the Stuff Bagwell. Alright, 'right, fine, I will do it for you Dallas. And your smokin hot wife.." Bagwell goes to leave, but Page pulls him back and turns him face to face to him. "Don't you ever... EVER! Talk about my wife like that again." [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/lodi.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/LennyLane.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/thGreat_Muta2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/MasahiroChono.jpg[/IMG] West Hollywood Blondes (Lodi and Lenny Lane) v nWo Japan (The Great Muta and Masahiro Chono)[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] West Hollywood Blondes have found themselves jobbing a lot lately, which is somewhat of a shame as a lot of wrestling observers have been waxing lyrical about the improvements in Lenny Lane. The Power Plant too have been noticing a lot of improvements in his performance skills. But, they were up against two outrageously talented Japanese veterans in Muta and Chono, and Lodi was the culprit as he fell prey firstly to the stifling stiff kick to the head from Masahiro Chono, but Lenny Lane ran in to make the save and endured the green myst from Great Muta, and then Great Muta went to the top rope and hit the Muta Moonsault for the pinfall. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winners, nWo Japan[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] [B]'Mean' Gene Okerlund i[/B]s standing by in the Thunder Interview Centre with none other than the undefeated [B]Bill Goldberg [/B]of the Four Horsemen. "Alright Mike, I thank you. With me at this time here in Salt Lake City, Utah, is Bill Goldberg. And Bill, if I could have a moment of your time to answer to the challenge laid down earlier in the evening by Scott Hall." "Hall... anytime... any place. YOU'RE NEXT! If that means right here tonight in Salt Lake City... challenge accepted." "The next thing I need to know Bill, as you begin to build towards an apparent World Heavyweight Championship shot at Starrcade, and the hopes of the wrestling world descend upon your shoulders, how do you feel with perhaps the biggest moment of your life being close at hand." "Gene, it doesn't matter who they put in front of me. The Four Horsemen deserve the World Heavyweight Championship. And if that means I have to go through Chris Jericho to get it... Jericho, when the time comes.. YOU'RE NEXT!" Goldberg snarls, before walking out, leaving Okerlund looking perplexed. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Raven23.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Buff_Bagwell2.jpg[/IMG] Raven v Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] What was Page thinking sending Bagwell out to Raven? Absolute insanity. Bagwell was nowhere near in this game, and frankly it ended up being an utter domination for Raven who managed to work through most of his repertoire before finishing Bagwell off with the Evenflow DDT. And just for good measure, he picked up the clearly unconscious Bagwell, motioned to the crowd if they'd like another, which of course they did. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Raven[/CENTER][/SIZE][/QUOTE] Backstage, [B]'K-Dawg' Konnan[/B] was walking in the hallways on his cell phone. "Yeah, it's selling well... Very well..." Suddenly he turned the corner in the hall and saw [B]Disco Inferno[/B], who turned back to him and started laughing. "Yeah, look, I gots to go..." Konnan closed his phone. "What's your problem, man?" "My problem?" Disco Inferno responded. "Yeah, your problem man... I saw you laughing at me." "Fine, you know what the problem is, Konnan? The problem is you. How did you do it? It's the classic whodunnit, Konnan. More of a mystery than Jack the Ripper..." "What are you talking about?" "You know what I'm talking about. You've got the nWo Corporation behind you, and now you're selling that cheap imitation fraud song of yours in Mexico? Do you know no shame? Who do you think you are? The Bee-Gees? Donna Summer? Musical legends they are Konnan, and you, you're just a corporation rip off..." "So you like Disco, I get that, I get like rap..." "Oh, I like rap too... bro. But your rap? Your rap is [BEEP - rhymes with rap]." Konnan goes to throw a punch, but Disco ducks and hits a twisting neckbreaker on Konnan! [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Rey_Mysterio19.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Chavo_Guerrero12.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/StevenRegal2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Finlay7.jpg[/IMG] WCW World Tag Team Championship Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr (c) v The British Connection ('Lord' Steven Regal and 'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay)[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Finlay clotheslined 'em to the ground, and Regal stretched them. It looked extremely ominous for Rey and Chavo, who while able periodically to get tags were not interchanging as regularly as Finlay and Regal. And when they did, they didn't have that separation of qualities as Finlay and Regal did. Finlay was there to belt ya, Regal to stretch you. Chavo and Rey in some ways were being let down by their similarities. But that familiar surge came when Chavo got the crowd cheering for them and clapping, and finally he was able to make a belated hot tag to Rey who drop kicked Regal, drop kicked Finlay, got Chavo back in and while Chavo turned Finlay over into a low Sharpshooter type move, Rey came sliding through with a baseball slide to the head, and a quick cover for a courageous victory. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winners, and STILL WCW Tag Team Champions, Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] After the break, the [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9JNRhk9qxI"]familiar storm-trooper style music of[/url] [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] hit as Goldberg was seen in the back, head butting the steel blue locker door, and moving forward to the hallways to be accompanied by Doug Dillenger and some of Salt Lake City's finest towards the Gorilla Position. [I]GOLDBERG! GOLDBERG! GOLDBERG! GOLDBERG![/I] The chants were enormous as Goldberg walked down the ramp, and was shrouded by steaming pyros, before they exploded after consuming Goldberg. He breathed smoke out of his nose and thrust his arms left and right before continually walking to the ring. [B]Scott Hall [/B]stood in the ring looking fearful at the sight of Bill Goldberg, who while still having his lower rib cage taped up, looked in good shape. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Bill_Goldberg5.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/ScottHall4.jpg[/IMG] Bill Goldberg v Scott Hall[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Hall begged to the referee for more time and went to the outside of the ring which merely got the fans chanting harder... [I]GOLDBERG! GOLDBERG! GOLDBERG! GOLDBERG![/I] Hall turned to the crowd and told them to .. well, you know, and well, that wasn't a successful ploy. Once Hall got in the ring he tried to make a play at Goldberg's ribs, and after an initial foray and a couple of arm drag takedowns, Hall thought he was into the match. How wrong he was. Goldberg was working him over, but just as Goldberg looked set to hit the Spear, [B]Kevin Nash[/B] ran down to ringside with a steel chair. He slid into the ring, swung for the bleachers, but Goldberg ducked and Nash took out Hall. Nash turned to leave, but Goldberg speared him, and Nash rolled to the floor. Hall finally got back up... SPEAR! JACKHAMMER! Snap, goodnight. Impressive, very impressive. The man who is going to Starrcade it would seem looks near indestructable, everything has been thrown at him including numerous deceptive ploys, but Goldberg is a machine. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Bill Goldberg[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] After the match, [B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B] copped a glare from [B]Bill Goldberg[/B], and if looks could kill this one probably would, before Nash slid back into the ring to help up [B]Scott Hall[/B]. He picked Hall up, and put his arm over his shoulder to help him out of the ring, but then Hall realised it was Nash who was aiding him and pushed him off. Hall left unassisted, leaving Nash dumbfounded in the centre of the ring as we cut to a break. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/ChrisJericho2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Roddy_Piper13.jpg[/IMG] WCW World Heavyweight Championship 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c) v 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Jericho was continually frustrated throughout this match. Piper was virtually able to throw in any offence whatsoever, but this wily old dog knew every trick in the book and was able to beat numerous near falls, and used the outside of the ring as his sanctity to recuperate and recover from this vicious offence being levelled at him by Jericho. It was not as if Jericho was not in fantastic form, for he was, and he was hitting Piper with so much, but Piper was sensing when the Lion Tamer was coming, and always made a point of being outside the ring when he thought it was coming. It was a literal poignant show of the age old classic Piper saying, just when you thought you knew the answer, I changed the question. Jericho was frustrated and was stamping his feet in the middle of the ring and pulling his hair and arguing with the referees, and the Jericho got frustrated the more Piper was able to roll and make an inside cradle with Piper's feet on the ropes, which nearly brought down the house as it got a two count. Piper's wrestling in this match was basic, it was slow, he was clearly limited by his crippling hip injury, but it was fun and it was mayhem at the same time. At one stage, it nearly appeared as if the upset of the decade was upon us when Piper was whipped into the ropes by Jericho as Jericho tried to work over Piper's bung hip, but Piper ducked a clothesline and came back and mounted Jericho with the Sleeper. The master of the sleeper had it locked in good, as the commentators and the fans dared dream about a glorious moment in professional wrestling as one of the toughest yegg's in the game looked likely to claim his first major World Heavyweight Championship. After a minute or so, referee Nick PAtrick checked on Jericho, down the arm went, he tried again, but just as we dared dream, Jericho's arm stayed clutch upright and he thrust his way out of the sleeper. Jericho was more delirious than before, and had far more intent in his actions. Into the ropes he sent Piper before dropping him with a fantastic drop kick. Jericho thought the time was right to end this quickly so he headed to the second rope and hit the Lionsault! He knew that Piper's hip could not withstand the Liontamer, and he got it on. Piper tried hard, but Jericho just arched further back, and Piper had to surrender for one of the first times ever. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, and STILL WCW World Heavyweight Champion, Chris Jericho[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B] grabbed the WCW World Heavyweight Championship, picked up [B]'Rowdy' Roddy Piper[/B] and slammed the belt across his face, causing Piper to bust open with blood pouring all over the ring, as we faded out....

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/mondaynitro.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]Reno, Nevada, prepare to be hit by the real big lights of sports entertainment as World Championship Wrestling's acclaimed show Monday Nitro sets your soul on fire. On an award winning roster includes Bret 'The Hitman' Hart, a four way dance for the WCW Cruiserweight Championship with Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger defending against his sometimes friend-sometimes enemy Psisocis, Ultimo Dragon and Thrillapalooza's Hector Garza, World Television Champion Eddie Guerrero will defend his Championship against Jerry Lynn of Thrillapalooza and the dangerous 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit will put his WCW United States Championship on the line against the 'Macho Man' Randy Savage. This promises to be another epic night of thrills and spills as the number one wrestling promotion across the globe lights up Nevada.[/I] [U]Quick Picks[/U] Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell WCW Cruiserweight Championship: Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger (c) v Psicosis v Hector Garza v Ultimo Dragon Lance Storm v Booker T Billy Kidman v 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko 'K-Dawg' Konnan v 'Total Package' Lex Luger WCW Television Championship: 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero (c) v Jerry Lynn Masahiro Chono v Raven The Giant v 'The Laughing Man' Hugh Morrus WCW United States Championship: 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit (c) v 'Macho Man' Randy Savage

[QUOTE=mad5226;716654]Quick Picks WCW Cruiserweight Champion Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger, Psicosis and 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka v [B]Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman, Jerry Lynn and Hector Garza)[/B] WCW Television Championship:[B] 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero (c)[/B] v 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright Am I the only one who like Alex Wright? West Hollywood Blondes (Lenny Lane and Lodi) v [B]nWo Japan (Masahiro Chono and the Great Muta[/B]) [B]Raven[/B] v Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell [B]WCW Tag Team Championships: Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr (c)[/B] v British Connection ('Lord' Steven Regal and 'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay) [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] v Scott Hall WCW World Heavyweight Championship:[B] 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c)[/B] v Bill Goldberg Bill Goldberg is having a double headeR?[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=BoomKing;716658]Fantastic show, as always, sir. Great to see Bulldog in the mix, Lenny lane getting Diamond cutterererered, Raven's excellence on the mic, Bill F'n Cosby and Disco Dancing! Todays predictions are brought to you by lanny poffo [B]WCW Cruiserweight Champion Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger, Psicosis and 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka [/B]v Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman, Jerry Lynn and Hector Garza) What can I say, I love La Parka, Does he draw on his face with a permanent marker? WCW Television Championship: 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero (c) v 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright I think this match will finally determine. Mexican wrestlers are better than German West Hollywood Blondes (Lenny Lane and Lodi) v nWo Japan (Masahiro Chono and the Great Muta) Japan needs a victory, they need one quick, give them one here because Lenny's a prick [B]Raven[/B] v Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell Raven should conquer this Buffed up Buffoon, Then walk up the ramp to his signature tune WCW Tag Team Championships: Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr (c) v [B]British Connection ('Lord' Steven Regal and 'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay)[/B] Us Brits stick together through thick and through thin, If they lose I shall play the worlds smallest violin [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] v Scott Hall A vict'ry for Goldberg will leave him perplexed, If Hall has been beaten then who can be next? WCW World Heavyweight Championship: '[B]Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c)[/B] v Bill Goldberg I Imagine this text should read Rodney the Piper, Unless Goldberg has killed him by way of a Sniper, Either which way I see Jericho prevailing, Though the road will be rough, not simply plain sailing, Oh Steiner boys, Steiner boys, will you interfere? Or will you be celebrating Jewish New Year? Will Piper have tricks that he keeps up his skirt? Will his prominent manboobs be buxom and pert? Lionheart, Lionheart, I make you my winner, Make this wily vet'ran look like a beginner.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Bigpapa42;716773]WCW Cruiserweight Champion Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger, Psicosis and 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka v [B]Thrillapalooza [/B](Billy Kidman, Jerry Lynn and Hector Garza) WCW Television Championship:[B] 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero [/B](c) v 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright West Hollywood Blondes (Lenny Lane and Lodi) v[B] nWo Japan [/B](Masahiro Chono and the Great Muta) [B]Raven [/B]v Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell WCW Tag Team Championships: [B]Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr[/B] (c) v British Connection ('Lord' Steven Regal and 'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay) [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] v Scott Hall WCW World Heavyweight Championship:[B] 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B] (c) v Bill Goldberg[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=MattitudeV2;716950]WCW Cruiserweight Champion Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger, Psicosis and 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka v [B]Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman, Jerry Lynn and Hector Garza)[/B] WCW Television Championship: [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B] (c) v 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright West Hollywood Blondes (Lenny Lane and Lodi) v [B]nWo Japan (Masahiro Chono and the Great Muta)[/B] [B]Raven[/B] v Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell [B]WCW Tag Team Championships: Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr[/B] (c) v British Connection ('Lord' Steven Regal and 'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay) [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] v Scott Hall WCW World Heavyweight Championship: [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B] (c) v "Rowdy" Roddy Piper[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=olympia;717017]Quick Picks WCW Cruiserweight Champion Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger, Psicosis and 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka v [B]Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman, Jerry Lynn and Hector Garza)[/B] sets the winner up for a title shot vs Liger WCW Television Championship: [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero [/B](c) v 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright Alex should give a good showing, but no title change. West Hollywood Blondes (Lenny Lane and Lodi) v [B]nWo Japan (Masahiro Chono and the Great Muta)[/B] they are just that much better. Raven v [B]Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell[/B] have to pick one "upset". DDP gets involved which leads to Bagwell getting the W. WCW Tag Team Championships: Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr (c) v [B]British Connection[/B] ('Lord' Steven Regal and 'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay) new champs crowned in this one. Eddie has the tv title, so the Latins pass the tag straps over the British [B]Bill Goldberg [/B]v Scott Hall [B]WCW World Heavyweight Championship: 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B] (c) v 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper Jericoholics celebrate another title defense[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=totti;717477]WCW Cruiserweight Champion Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger, Psicosis and 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka v [B]Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman, Jerry Lynn and Hector Garza)[/B] [I]I was tempted to pick against Thrillapalooza here, but I always like to see Lynn getting a win.[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero (c)[/B] v 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright [I]Eddie continues his very impressive reign.[/I] West Hollywood Blondes (Lenny Lane and Lodi) v [B]nWo Japan (Masahiro Chono and the Great Muta)[/B] [I]nWo Japan should be kept strong and add further misery to Lodi after the squash from last week.[/I] [B]Raven [/B]v Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell [I]Raven's push seems to have slowed down slightly so I'm hoping he can get back on track here.[/I] WCW Tag Team Championships: Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr (c) v [B]British Connection ('Lord' Steven Regal and 'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay)[/B] [I]I think i'll go with a title change here aswell. It may be saved for the next ppv though, but a win for the British Connection is good by me.[/I] [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] v Scott Hall [I]Further momentum for the Horsemen.[/I] WCW World Heavyweight Championship: [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c)[/B] v 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper[/QUOTE] Thanks again for all your tips. BoomKing...BoomKing...BoomKing. Your poem was rather disturbing. What next? Are you going to demand group hugs in the shower? Buxom and pert LOL

I loved the opening segment. Piper was brilliant and as usual so was Jericho. [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] v Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell [I]Bagwell gets no luck again here against Bret and his streak of defeats should carry on.[/I] WCW Cruiserweight Championship:[B] Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger (c)[/B] v Psicosis v Hector Garza v Ultimo Dragon [I]I'll go with the champion to retain here, but it will be interesting to see what Psicosis will do.[/I] Lance Storm v [B]Booker T[/B] [I]Storm hasn't been in the company for too long, but this is a great chance for Booker to show the world that his career isn't just tagging with Stevie Ray.[/I] Billy Kidman v [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] [I]Not a good night for Thirllapalooza by the looks of my picks.[/I] 'K-Dawg' Konnan v [B]'Total Package' Lex Luger[/B] [I]I think I have to go with the more over star and although Luger hasn't been doing much recently, he has been scraping together the odd win here and there.[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero (c)[/B] v Jerry Lynn [I]I said it would take a special wrestler to beat Eddie and I'd love to see Lynn cause the upset, but I just can't see it happening.[/I] Masahiro Chono v [B]Raven[/B] [I]A defeat here for Chono shouldn't hurt him after nWo Japan picked up a victory last week.[/I] [B]The Giant[/B] v 'The Laughing Man' Hugh Morrus [I]He won't be laughing anymore after this squash.[/I] WCW United States Championship: [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit (c)[/B] v 'Macho Man' Randy Savage [I]Benoit gains some more credibility here and hopefully gets closer to entering the World Title scene.[/I]

[B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] v Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell-The Hitman destroys the Stuff WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger[/B] (c) v Psicosis v Hector Garza v Ultimo Dragon-Thunder [B]Lance Storm[/B] v Booker T-Canadian Bacon Billy Kidman v [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B]-Iceman beats Billy's brains in [B]'K-Dawg' Konnan[/B] v 'Total Package' Lex Luger-K-Dawg over the Total Package WCW Television Championship: [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B] (c) v Jerry Lynn-Latino Heat beats Mr. JL Masahiro Chono v [B]Raven[/B]-One Man Army beats The Orient's Knockout King [B]The Giant[/B] v 'The Laughing Man' Hugh Morrus-The Laughing Man stops Laughing WCW United States Championship: 'Rabid Wolverine' [B]Chris Benoit[/B] (c) v 'Macho Man' Randy Savage-DDP Screws Savage over

Another great great show from top to bottom and a great addition in Down The Wrestling Highway. [B] Bret 'The Hitman' Hart [/B]v Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell Bret wins via gunshot, giving a whole new meaning to his finisher the Sharp Shooter WCW Cruiserweight Championship: Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger (c) v [B]Psicosis[/B] v Hector Garza v Ultimo Dragon Psicosis vins via beheading, giving a whole new meaning to his finisher, The guillotine legdrop Lance Storm v [B]Booker T[/B] Booker wins via extreme lacerations to the chest, giving a new meaning to his finisher the Axe Kick [B]Billy Kidman[/B] v 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko Kidman wins via infanticide, giving a whole new meaning to his finisher the Kid Crusher 'K-Dawg' Konnan v [B]'Total Package' Lex Luger[/B] Luger wins via extreme contusions of the torso brought about by continual and progressive stretching, giving a whole new meaning to his finisher the torture rack. WCW Television Championship: [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero (c)[/B] v Jerry Lynn Guerrero wins via impalement onto a small pocket blade, giving a whole new meaning to his finisher the jackknife splash Masahiro Chono v[B] Raven[/B] Raven wins via constant and prolonged exposure to a consistent level of pesticide, giving a whole new meaning to his finisher, the even-flow DDT [B]The Giant[/B] v 'The Laughing Man' Hugh Morrus The Giant wins via..hang on, a chokeslam? WCW United States Championship: [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit (c)[/B] v 'Macho Man' Randy Savage Benoit wins via the creation of a man made structure placed over an area of water which encourages a fire breathing lizard to pass over said structure and pour boiling hot liquid-based food over Rand Savage, giving a whole new meaning to his finisher...wait for it....the DRAGON BRIDGE SOUP-plex!

Loved the Piper moment and the ending of the show. Looks like Hall and Nash are on their way to a break up, kinda sad, but I guess it needs to be done. I would love to see Hall with the World title around his waist. Quick Picks [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] v Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger (c)[/B] v Psicosis v Hector Garza v Ultimo Dragon Lance Storm v [B]Booker T[/B] Billy Kidman v [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] [B]'K-Dawg' Konnan[/B] v 'Total Package' Lex Luger WCW Television Championship: [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero (c)[/B] v Jerry Lynn Masahiro Chono v [B]Raven[/B] [B]The Giant[/B] v 'The Laughing Man' Hugh Morrus WCW United States Championship: [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit (c)[/B] v 'Macho Man' Randy Savage

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/mondaynitro.jpg[/IMG] [I]Proudly brought to you by the new Atari 2600 Now available with Pacman![/I][/CENTER] The pyros pop all around Reno, Nevada, as we look around another sold out Monday Nitro arena, with many fans in this part of the world looking favourably upon the nWo it would seem looking at the different shirts and signs on display. We can't have that, surely later on Doug Dillenger and the fun police will be there to terrorise the poster brigade... "Welcome to WCW Monday Nitro, and fans what a show we have in store for you including undoubtedly more feedback from the carnage of WCW Fall Brawl, as we head towards Halloween Havoc," the usual whimpering voice of Tony Schiavone comments. "Hello everybody, I'm Tony Schiavone and with me as always in the booth tonight, Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan and the 'Living Legend' Larry Zbysko. And guys, I don't know about you, but looking at the schedule we have a great show in store for Reno, Nevada, a great gambling city, but have any of their entertainment extravaganza's ever matched this?" Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan just looks at Tony Schiavone 'sif to say 'Tell me you didn't just say that?!' [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/BuffBagwell2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Bret_Hart28.jpg[/IMG] Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] And quite unlike recent WCW programming, we're quickly into the first match of the night. It was more or less a routine affair for Bret Hart, beating the arrogant Bagwell with the Sharpshooter in a little over 6 minutes. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Bret Hart[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] After the break, a gold strobe disco ball sat above the ring, along with some 70's styles green couches, as [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5C-LEiDaFo"][B]Disco Inferno[/B]'s music hits[/URL], he waves his boootaaay for the fans at the top of the ramp before proceeding down to the ring, and taking his place inside his set, on Monday Night Fever. "Welcome to another edition of Monday Night Fever, tonight, Reno, NEVADA! Tonight, we make this entertainment city groove and jive. Tonight I truly do take you back in time, because tonight, I want you to be upstanding for my guest at this time, Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat!" [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEuprObnn_E"] His music hits[/URL], and the veteran [B]Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat[/B] appears, and almost nostalgically the Reno, Nevada crowd are on their feet applauding this extraordinary veteran superstar. Once in the ring he shakes the hand of Disco Inferno and is given a microphone, before almost apologetically he raises his arms to acknowledge the fans. "Wow, just... wow," Disco says as he circles to the front of Ricky Steamboat. "You know, you are a legend to these fans, you are a legend to the boys in the back, and man, you are like a God to me!" "Well, I thank you very much," Steamboat acknowledges. "I grew up watching you take on Ric Flair, Randy Savage, Tiger Mask II, I mean, man, you've been all around the world and been known simply as a legend because of what you did inside this squared circle.." Suddenly the lights dim, and infact the arena goes black. "What the... What's this?" Tony Schiavone asks. "I guess we didn't pay the power bill," Heenan comments. "Fans, please do not adjust your set, normal transmission will resume shortly," Schiavone comments. Finally, the lights do come back on, and Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat finds himself in the Last Rites, as executed by [B]the Fallen Angel[/B]! Disco Inferno quickly pulls the Fallen Angel off of Steamboat, as security rush to ringside to check on the clearly injured Steamboat. "What the hell was the meaning of this?" Schiavone asks. The Fallen Angel stands cryptically outside the ring and starts staring to the sky above reverently, before giving a feint smile and leaving the arena as EMT's rush down to the ring. [CENTER]--------------------------[/CENTER] Backstage, we see [B]'Mean' Gene Okerlund [/B]standing by with [B]'Macho Man' Randy Savage[/B], who is pacing in his usual climatic, antsy fashion back and forth behind Okerlund who looks rather concerned with Savage's state of mind. "Alright guys, I'm sure as we get word on the condition of Ricky Steamboat we will bring it to hand to the viewers at home as soon as possible. But right now, I have with me a former WCW World Heavyweight Champion, 'Macho Man' Randy Savage, and Macho, you tell me you have a warning in store?" "[SIZE="1"]Mean[/SIZE] [SIZE="2"]Gene[/SIZE] [SIZE="5"]OKERLUND[/SIZE] OOH YEAH! The world of wrestling is changing yeah new faces are appearing and old faces are changing yeah but one thing that has nneeevvverrr changed is where the power lies," Savage says as he points to the palm of his right hand. "And in this hand YEAH, in this hand holds the power of experience, yeah. Chris Benoit, you are a great.. GREAT wrestling specimeeeaann, OOOOOH YEAH! You are really are something GREAT! But Benoit, your own pal Ric Flair says to be the man you have to beat..heh... the man, and you know who that man is? It's the man you grew up admiring yeah, well HERE I AM! Right here yeah in WCW, waiting for Benoit, the question is are you like me crazy enough, brave enough to put the United States Championship on the line against me yeah or will you cower in the corner... The time of greatness is approaching Gene yeah, the time of knowing whether a man has it in here," he says as he points to his hand, "or whether he is a paper champiiiiiiiiiiion, YEAH!" Savage twirls his index finger, before walking off, probably to snap another Slim Jims. [CENTER]---------------------[/CENTER] Around the corner, we can see[B] 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B], the WCW World Television Champion pushing [B]Disco Inferno[/B] in the chest. Guerrero has a mocking smile on his face. "Esse, what you don't like being pushed?" Guerrero asks. "You didn't seem to mind holmes when a legend like Ricky Steamboat got taken down on your show. It seems to me esse that you were ... negligent. Irresponsible. Just like esse how you let your emotions get to the better of you about that sweet mamacita Kimberly Page..." Disco pushes Guerrero back, and gets up in his face. "It's not groovy to mistreat her, Guerrero..." "What?" Guerrero says with a smirk on his face. "You really think I'd mistreat her?" Disco Inferno shakes his head, and walks off in disgust. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/JushinLiger.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/PsicosisMask.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Hector_Garza2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Ultimo_Dragon.jpg[/IMG] WCW Cruiserweight Championship Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger (c) v Psicosis v Hector Garza v Ultimo Dragon[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] As usual, another epic high flying encounter. The Cruiserweight Division has just been littered by plancha madness lately. Hector Garza was the slow point of the match as his chronic injury suffered recently started to hold him down. Between the other three, the match was incredibly open. Ultimo Dragon thought he had it when he had the Dragon Sleeper on Psicosis, but Garza saved. Psicosis thought he had it when he hit his innovative spinning leg drop over the raised head of Garza, only for Lyger to save, but Lyger the champion did have it when he then took the fallen Garza, after having thrown Psicosis to the mat, and hit the Lyger Bomb on Garza for the pinfall. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, and STILL WCW Cruiserweight Champion, Jushin Lyger[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] After the match, [B]Psicosis[/B] and [B]Ultimo Dragon[/B], both on the outside of the ring, slid into the ring quickly to attempt to attack J[B]ushin 'Thunder' Lyger [/B]in retrospect to how close they had come, only to see the Champion find an opening and escape to a hasty retreat up the ramp, with him sighing a heavy sigh of relief that the Championship was still his. [CENTER]----------------------------[/CENTER] We cut to the back, where [B]Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat[/B] was raised by stretcher into the back of an ambulance. The nurses made sure he was strapped in correctly, and the Ambulance began to pull out of the arena. When we looked into the cabin though, we saw the ambulance driver was none other than the [B]Fallen Angel[/B], who simply cradled in the palm of his right hand a crucifix. The ambulance pulled away, and Schiavone and co were horrified as to what might be happening. Well d'oh, he's driving an ambulance, that's whats happening, man! [CENTER]-----------------------------[/CENTER] Backstage, as we returned to Monday Nitro, we saw the Outsiders pushing each other in the hallway. [B]Scott Hall[/B] and [B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash [/B]appeared flustered when.... "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!" The [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] strutted onto the scene, with a wide bright smile on, and his blue sequined robe. Suddenly the Outsiders stopped focussing on each and focussed on Flair. "Well Scott, I'm surprised you're still standing, pal," Flair laughed. "What do you want, chico?" Hall asks. "Oh .. nothing. I've got what I want. The plan is coming together now. And ultimately, the fools are you... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!" Flair turns to leave, leaving Hall and Nash frustrated and wondering what the heck he is talking about. [CENTER]-----------------------------[/CENTER] Backstage, in the Women's Locker Room,[B] Kimberly Page[/B] sits with a couple of cute blonds from the WCW Power Plant. She's flicking through an edition of WCW Magazine. "Oh, he's soooo cute," one of the blond bimbos remarks. "Yeah, I reckon he's ... well you know," Kimberly remarks. "No... what?" The second clueless bimbo comments. "Eligible," Kimberly says with a wink. "Eligible for what?" The first clueless bimbo says. Kimberly shakes her head, and leaves the two to their own devices, dropping the magazine to show she was referring to the WCW Television Champion, 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Lance_Storm.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/BookerT1999.jpg[/IMG] Lance Storm v Booker T[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] An outstanding match, stand up and salute type standards, mostly down to the sound basics of both men and also an eerily electric chemistry between the two competitors. There were numerous nearfalls, and amazement on the part of both men when they saw great opportunities miss due to courage on the part of the other. After a frenetic period of chain wrestling, Lance Storm came back and found himself caught by the Book-End, and being in the middle of the ring, there was no alternative but to fall prey to the three count. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Booker T[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] Backstage,[B] 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B] and [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page [/B]are exchanging savage rights and lefts. Before Page can take Eddie head first through a glass window, [B]Raven[/B] runs onto the scene and hits the Evenflow DDT on Page, but just as he is about to execute the same move on Guerrero, Guerrero rakes his eyes and deceptively gets away. [CENTER]------------------------------[/CENTER] A video plays highlighting the WCW World Heavyweight Champion, [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B] * Flashy words highlighting the massive difference in personalities of Jericho... petulence, desire, courage, emotional torment... * We see Chris Jericho win the WCW World Heavyweight Championship after an epic match with Sting * We see how he outlasted both Bret Hart and Sting * We see how he even overcame the Giant * Jericho stands in dim light, as the words 'Building a Legacy' cross the screen [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Dean_Malenko6.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/BillyKidman-1.jpg[/IMG] 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko v Billy Kidman[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Malenko consistently holds the midcard together so well, his consistency allows the flambouyance of the likes of Kidman to light it up without losing control of the match and giving us some in ring psychology. Malenko tried to keep the match grounded, but Kidman was on a crusade to fly, and tonight he did, after a very good match, ending the match with a very credible win via the Shooting Star Press. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Billy Kidman[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] Backstage, [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart [/B]is on a pay phone in the hallway. "Yeah, I know Julie... I don't understand it either... Don't worry, I'll talk to Davey, I'm sure he'll.." BOOM! Bret Hart is blindsided by [B]'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith[/B], he clothesline Hart hard to the concrete floor, and stands above him, seething over Hart like a wounded .. well, bulldog. [CENTER]-----------------------------[/CENTER] Backstage, [B]Curt Hennig's[/B] collar is in the clutch of [B]Scott Hall[/B], who holds him against the brick wall. '[B]Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B] stands next to Scott Hall, with a clear look of anger on his face. "Chico, is it true?" Hall asks. "Of course it's not," Hennig says. "You know he's trying to set YOU up, and I'M trying to save you..." Hall looks at Nash, who nods, and Hall releases Hennig. "Brother," Nash says as he goes face to face with Hennig, "If I found out that you are setting us up, I'll Jackknife you on this very concrete floor. That's not a threat, that's a promise. For now, you are safe, and you better learn to stay that way..." Hennig nods, as we fade away. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/LexLuger3.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Konnan10.jpg[/IMG] 'Total Package' Lex Luger v 'K-Dawg' Konnan[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Tony Schiavone announced that Luger was looking to use this opportunity to reset up his career that had recently stalled following the disappointment of misisng out on the WCW World Heavyweight Championship recently. And that's effectively what happened, Konnan really was steamrolled which was unfortunate, as Konnan is the better worker and letting Luger control the match really stimied the match. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Lex Luger[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] Backstage, [B]the Giant [/B]was punching a boxing bag, and man, it was moving a mile. Tony Schiavone sounded astonished at the Giant's power. What was Schiavone expecting? The Giant to be weak? [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/EddyGuerrero2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Jerry_Lynn6.jpg[/IMG] WCW Television Championship 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero (c) v Jerry Lynn[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Jerry Lynn's first great opportunity in WCW in singles action since his return to the promotion. The Thrillapalooza co-leader has been in good form lately, and he really gave Guerrero a good run for his money. So much so that Guerrero fell to the ground, while the referee was distracted, and played dead. The referee looked at him, and then started to abscond Lynn, before Guerrero cleverly inside cradled the unsuspecting Lynn for a close call. From there Guerrero held momentum, and ended up winning with the Frogsplash. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, and STILL WCW Television Champion, Eddie Guerrero[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] Backstage, [B]Pamela Paulshock[/B], the new WCW Backstage Interviewer, with... well, assets, stood by with the WCW World Heavyweight Champion, [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B], who stares at the air bags, before looking down t his Championship gold around his waist. "'Lionheart' Chris Jericho, at Fall Brawl you managed to.." "Will you... SHUT ... THE... HELL... UP! Who the hell are you?" "I'm Pamel.." "Look, really, I don't ... I DON'T... I DON'T... CARE! This segment is all about me, it's not about Bret Hart, its not about Sting, it's not about the Giant, it's not about Captain Kirk, it's about me," he starts stamping his feet in frustration. "ME ME ME ME ME ME! All I want is for you to want me. Is that too much to ask for? I mean, I'm your World Heavyweight Champion, your ayatollah of rock n rollllaa, your paragon of good virtue, the leader of all the Jerichoholics and on this, my show, Monday Night Jericho, all I want is some attention. Now, I want to talk about one of these... veterans... who would prefer to be known as ... legends... who are trying to steal my limelight. Junior, Sting, I'm sick and tired of hearing about you. Sting this, Sting that. Ooooh, the man with the big bad black and white scarey face paint is going to get me. Stinger the Boogey man! Sting, in WCW Magazine, I noticed you commenting that you were robbed of a shot at my WCW World Heavyweight Championship by Buff Bagwell. Woe was me, I was robbed. God, what is wrong with you, Sting? Are you an eternal whinger? Do you like to whine? Do you like the sound of your own nagging voice? Do you get off on making an icon like me angry?! Answer me Sting! I know somewhere above in some spiderweb, you, the pig and Charlotte's Web Mistress herself sit, waiting above. But I ask you Sting, look at what happened to Dusty Rhodes. The big wiggle, the blue eyed soul, that little piggy ran off to market and cried. Just by virtue of my tongue..." Pamela looks at him. "Yes, I know what you're thinking darling, and yes, my tongue IS that powerful. And as far as Rowdy Roddy Peeper goes, his days of stalking legends like me are over. The question is Sting, how do you want me to end you? Why don't you do the dignified thing, pal. Take your tub of playdough face paint, go back out and reconnect the old Atari 2600, and slide off into the pasteur. I'm begging you, make it easy on yourself..." Jericho grins, as we close in on his face, and then fade out. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/MasahiroChono.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Raven23.jpg[/IMG] Masahiro Chono v Raven[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] A really physical match. Mixed with some bright chain wrestling, but mainly a lot of clotheslines, slams, and some physical neckbreakers and the like. These types of moves kept the match slow as the combatants took time to sell the moves, but it kept both men looking extremely strong. Finally, after the crowd started to get pumped with every strike, Raven sprung up from nowhere to hit the Evenflow DDT, highlighting how devastating in an instant Raven can be. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Raven[/CENTER][/SIZE][/QUOTE] Backstage, [B]'Easy E' Eric Bischoff[/B] paces backwards and forth in his executive office. Bischoff is looking anxious, as the [B]Outsiders[/B] walk in. "Chico, you wanted to.." "You're damn right I wanted you in here, but I'll do the talking. What the hell was that earlier tonight? Huh? I'll tell you what, the Outsiders are the cornerstone, the foundation of the New World Order. And as I see it, the revolution, our revolution, is being pulled apart by you. But I know just the way to get it back together..." Bischoff says as Nash closes the door, closing our line of hearing and vision out. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Big_Show13.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/HughMorrus-1.jpg[/IMG] The Giant v 'The Laughing Man' Hugh Morrus[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Poor Hugh Morrus. Talk about being on a hiding to nothing. The Giant dominated as per usual, ending it brutally with the Chokeslam. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, the Giant[/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE] [B]Curt Hennig[/B] is walking backstage, heading to the exit, where [B]Booker T[/B] stands. Booker is ready to leave the arena after a great match, when he sees Hennig. "Yo, sucka," Booker calls out. Hennig walks over to him, chewing his gum. "Sucka, I know what you're up to. I seen it all, sucka. Now can you dig that..." Booker gets in a car as it pulls up, and Hennig gulps, and stops chewing his gum. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/ChrisBenoit4.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/RandySavage5.jpg[/IMG] WCW United States Championship 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit (c) v 'Macho Man' Randy Savage[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Savage came charging for an unsuspecting Benoit who was unhooking his Championship belt in the corner, and started laying lefts and rights into the ribcage of Benoit. Is this the madness experience that Savage was talking about? Benoit was being levelled by Savage, but after about three minutes of brutality, and with th ecrowd's support, immense support as it was, Benoit is finding himself highly over, Benoit struggled to fight back. Eventually he got back to an even keel, and he was able to take control through some good chain wrestling using his superior agility and speed around the ring. Back and forth it went for the next six minutes, in a very even manner, before Savage went to the outside. He went to grab a steel chair, and brought it into the ring. With the referee talking to [B]Miss Elizabeth[/B], who was doing more harrassing than ever in her career, Benoit turned around, but instead of copping a chair, [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] had raced down to the ring and hit Savage with the SPEAR! He quickly picked Savage up.. JACKHAMMER! Benoit shook his head in disgust as Goldberg left the ring confused, as Benoit reluctantly made the cover, for the win. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, and STILL WCW United States Champion, Chris Benoit[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] Post match, as [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] looked to make his way back up the ramp, the [B]Outsiders[/B] came charging down and with Goldberg looking back towards the ring at [B]Chris Benoit[/B], Kevin Nash was able to connect with a stunning kick to the head to level Goldberg. As we faded to black, Benoit reluctantly and hesitantly went and assisted Goldberg, causing the Outsiders to flea.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/thunder.jpg[/IMG] [I]The historic Cow Palace, in the beautiful San Francisco plays home to WCW Thursday Thunder. If you're in the local area, make sure you ditch the Golden Gate Bridge and see the real attraction as we broadcast live on the SuperStation, TBS. This part of the world is a wrestling hot bed with the likes of Pat Patterson, Terrible Ted the amazing bear and Mils Mascaras and 'Superstar' Billy Graham having lit this arena and many like it around the Northern California area, and it will be lit up once more, as in the traditions of Mils Mascaras, Rey Mysterio Jr has found himself being granted a World Heavyweight Championship shot at 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho. Jericho has promised on wcw.com to end Mysterio's career by ripping off his mask and causing him the ultimate embarrassment, but there are some who believe that David can overcome Goliath. Do you believe?[/I][/CENTER] [U]Quick Picks[/U] Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman, Jerry Lynn and Lance Storm) v 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and The Extreme Innovators (Perry Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon) The Fallen Angel v Hector Garza 'The Laughing Man' Hugh Morrus v 'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz WCW Television Championship: 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero (c) v Disco Inferno 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright v 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair Harlem Heat v The Steiner Brothers WCW World Heavyweight Championship: 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c) v WCW World Tag Team Champion Rey Mysterio Jr

[B]Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman, Jerry Lynn and Lance Storm)[/B] v 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and The Extreme Innovators (Perry Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon) [B]The Fallen Angel[/B] v Hector Garza [I]I'll call the newer guy to get a win on the board.[/I] 'The Laughing Man' Hugh Morrus v [B]'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz[/B] [I]The Giant last week and now Taz! Ouch![/I] WCW Television Championship: 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero (c) v [B]Disco Inferno[/B] [I]I'm calling a title change here. This seems to have had a bit of build so it seems more likely.[/I] 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] [I]Party time in San Francisco.[/I] [B]Harlem Heat [/B]v The Steiner Brothers [I]Tough one, but I think Booker T is the deciding factor.[/I] WCW World Heavyweight Championship: 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c) v WCW World Tag Team Champion Rey Mysterio Jr [I]I think Rey will give everything he has, but Jericho isn't going to relinquish his title on free TV. Should be a pretty good match though.[/I]

Hey man. I've been outta action for a bit. Glad to see my favorite diary on the board still up and running. Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman, Jerry Lynn and Lance Storm) v [B]'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and The Extreme Innovators (Perry Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon)[/B] [I]I LOVE La Parka.[/I] [B]The Fallen Angel[/B] v Hector Garza [I]No brainer.[/I] 'The Laughing Man' Hugh Morrus v [B]'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz[/B] [I]LOL[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero (c)[/B] v Disco Inferno [I]It may be time to take the belt off Eddie and move him on. However, tonights not the night. Now the night he faces La Parka on the other hand . . . .[/I] 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] [I]Flair doesnt lose to lower midcarders, because his last names not Luger.[/I] Harlem Heat v [B]The Steiner Brothers[/B] [I]Scott goes KFC all over Booker in this one.[/I] WCW World Heavyweight Championship: [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c)[/B] v WCW World Tag Team Champion Rey Mysterio Jr [I]Nice effort little man.[/I]

[B]Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman, Jerry Lynn and Lance Storm)[/B] v 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and The Extreme Innovators (Perry Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon) [B]The Fallen Angel [/B]v Hector Garza 'The Laughing Man' Hugh Morrus v [B]'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz[/B] WCW Television Championship: [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero (c)[/B] v Disco Inferno 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] [B]Harlem Heat[/B] v The Steiner Brothers WCW World Heavyweight Championship: [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho [/B](c) v WCW World Tag Team Champion Rey Mysterio Jr

[B]Thrillapalooza[/B] (Billy Kidman, Jerry Lynn and Lance Storm) v 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and The Extreme Innovators (Perry Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon) [B]The Fallen Angel [/B]v Hector Garza 'The Laughing Man' Hugh Morrus v '[B]The Human Suplex Machine' Taz[/B] WCW Television Championship:[B] 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero [/B](c) v Disco Inferno 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] Harlem Heat v [B]The Steiner Brothers[/B] WCW World Heavyweight Championship: [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B] (c) v WCW World Tag Team Champion Rey Mysterio Jr

Quick Picks [B]Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman, Jerry Lynn and Lance Storm)[/B] v 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and The Extreme Innovators (Perry Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon) [B]The Fallen Angel [/B]v Hector Garza 'The Laughing Man' Hugh Morrus v [B]'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz[/B] WCW Television Championship: [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B] (c) v Disco Inferno 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] [B]Harlem Heat v The Steiner Brothers[/B] WCW World Heavyweight Championship: [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c)[/B] v WCW World Tag Team Champion Rey Mysterio Jr All seem, like esy picks except for Heat/Steiners, but I'm sure you'll throw a wrinkle at us!

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/thunder.jpg[/IMG] [I]WCW Thunder is proudly brought to you on the Superstation TBS by: Again by our dunkin friends at Maccas and MJ and the Bird Man![/I][/CENTER] At the top of the show, right here at the Cow Palace, in the beautiful Northern Californian city of San Francisco, [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPPcBuuA6lU"]the familiar music [/URL]of WCW World Heavyweight Champion, [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B], of the New World Order, hit and the Champion made his way down the ramp and to the ring, where he met up with [B]JJ Dillon [/B]from the WCW Executive Committee. Jericho waltzed in the ring, ran to the opposing turnbuckle and held the WCW World Heavyweight Championship above his head to the crowd, who while loud, weren't impressed by the arrogance of the man. "Chris Jericho," JJ Dillon began, "It's great to have you back in the ring." "Why thank you, Jo-Jo. It sure feels great being back on my show WCW Thursday Jericho. But I must say, I would prefer a slightly better response from these San Francisco flower power ignates, infact, I expect.. nay, I demand a better response..." The fans drown Jericho out with boos. "All I want, as your WCW World Heavyweight Champion, as your paragon of good virtue, as the ayotollah of rock...n roooollllaaaa, is for you to want me. That's right, I want you, to want me. You see, as the leader of all the Jerichoholics, this is my show. It's about me me me me me me me!" Jericho starts tugging at the top button of his shirt in frustration, as his face reddens. "Calm down Chris," Dillon requests. "You know Chris, it's all about you, isn't it?" "Yes Jo-Jo, yes it is. And everything that they've asked me to do, I've done it Jo-Jo. I've signed the autographs for only a small fee, I've even taken care of the outdated parts of WCW. You know Jo-Jo, the guy I took care of on Monday Night was so old the only way you could tell how old he was was if you cut him down to size and counted the number of rings inside his trunk. But I'm too much of a man Jo-Jo to reach inside another man's trunk for his junk.." "You thought about reaching inside for his junk?" "Well of cou... WAIT A SECOND! NO! What sort of freak are you? It's relics from the past like you Jo-Jo that I'm here to take care of. Infact, 'Rowdy' Roddy Peeper would probably admit right about now that I did him a favour. I saved him a lot of health insurance Jo-Jo by the very nature of the way I performed the drive by colonoscopy I did on him on Monday.." "You gave him a colonoscopy?" "In a manner of wor... WAIT A SECOND! You better watch yourself Jo-Jo. Now, I want to know what on earth you dragged me out here for? And this better be good..." "You say you're about the future, right?" "Yes. That's correct." "So you'd give anyone a chance?" "If it's for the future Jo-Jo..." "Good. You see, I have a young buck out the back whose just looking for a chance, and maybe, well, maybe you could show him the ropes later tonight. Hang, you may even get through another World Heavyweight Championship defence." "Well, some local jabroni eh? You want me to show him the ropes. Sound's tempting. Who is this chump? Some local indy worker? Some typical nobody from SmackDown?" Jericho said with a cynical laugh. "Firstly, are you up for it..?" "Of course I'm up for it. I'm the World Heavyweight Champion. Sure, give me this jabroni, later tonight I'll make an example of him." JJ Dillon puts out his right hand, and Jericho shakes it arrogantly. Jericho turns to leave the ring when JJ raises the microphone once more. "Oh, Chris, that young opponent I was talking about... It's REY MYSTERIO JR!" Chris Jericho turns around, and stares into the distance in shock, before turning his head slowly either side, and then finally stamping his feet in disgust. He goes to chase off JJ Dillon, but Dillon reaches the ropes before Jericho can get hold of him. It's all set for tonight, the WCW World Heavyweight Championship will be on the line between 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho and Rey Mysterio Jr! [CENTER]----------------------------[/CENTER] Before we went to a break, we cut to the catering room where we saw a body being slid across a group of salad dishes. The body is [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B], and as we look up, we can see the slight grin of [B]Raven[/B]. Looking at the carnage around the room, this brawl had been going on for some time. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][CENTER][B][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/LaParka3.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Perry_Saturn8.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/ChrisKanyonkyky.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Lance_Storm.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/BillyKidman-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Jerry_Lynn6.jpg[/IMG] 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and the Extreme Innovators (Perry Saturn and the 'Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon) v Thrillapalooza (Lance Storm, Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn)[/B][/CENTER][/SIZE] Credit must start rolling on for both Thrillapalooza and the Extreme Innovators who in limited meetings have been lighting up the shows with some outrageous high flying and pulverising action. This was also a very good match, the Extreme Innovators tried to slow it down with some brutal power offence, particularly from Saturn who worked over Lance Storm on the mat, but eventually the next three minutes opened up with a lot of even open action with various attempts at finishers being thwarted and countered, until finally after Jerry Lynn had taken La Parka down with a vertical suplex, Lynn tagged Kidman who sprung to the top and hit the awe inspiring Shooting Star Press for the pinfall. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winners, Thrillapalooza[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] Backstage, [B]Pamela Paulshock[/B] has with her the challenger for tonight's World Heavyweight Championship, WCW Tag Team Champion [B]Rey Mysterio Jr[/B]. Rey's head would probably a comparable size to the one on the left side of her chest... jus' sayin. "Rey Mysterio Jr, tonight you get the opportunity of a life time in challenging 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship." "This would be a lifelong dream come true for me Pamela," Rey says in a very soft uninspiring voice. "Wherever I have been in life, I have always been the underdog. I have always been the one that was voted least likely. Yet here I am, here in San Francisco, and I draw a lot of heart from being here knowing this was a place that the legendary lucha libre star Mils Mascaras was able to continue on the legend of lucha libre. I feel very privileged, it is a great honour..." "How do you like your chances then Rey?" "I wouldn't like to guess Pamela, I'll just do what I've always done in my entire career, Pamela. Fly, excite, and battle against all odds. Let my actions do the talking. Tonight, I bring honour to my people!" Rey closes his fist and forces a smile, as he walks off. It wasn't the most inspiring interview, indeed, Rey seemed a little shell shocked on the microphone, but perhaps it was the genuineness of the interview that had the crowd actually right behind him. Perhaps because he is not that much different than the general day to day public who flood to these arenas night after night that they see a guy like Rey Mysterio Jr, as they used to for Diamond Dallas Page, as their type of Champion. [CENTER]------------------------[/CENTER] From around the corner, [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B] walks around to see the funbags and [B]Pamela Paulshock[/B]. He eyes her up and down, and smiles, as he glares at his WCW Television Championship. "Mamacita!" Eddie announces. "Eddie Guerrero, this isn't in the schedule," Pamela replies. "Since when has passion been scheduled, mamacita?" Eddie queries. "The heart sees what the heart wants, and this latino passion burns proud through the night esse for all the beautiful mamacita's of this world," Eddie says as he picks up Pamela's right hand and gives it a soft kiss. Walking in from the other side of the interview area is [B]Disco Inferno[/B], who shakes his head in disgust. "Holmes, esse, what's your problem?" Eddie asks. "The problem is you, Eddie," Disco replies. "It has been since day one. First Kimberly Page, and now this? Pamela Paulshock, you are indeed a jive talkin groovin stellar packed lady, HOLY HELL you are indeed! But this man right here has the ethics of a man trying to kill the groove, DJ." "You know what esse? You don't like me because you are jealous holmes, but jealousy is a little green monster esse that just leads to torment. And tonight, I'm going to torment you. You see tonight esse, I'm going to put this beautiful ... WCW Television Championship on the line against you, and you will feel you are so close, yet so far. Ora Le!" Eddie grins in a condescending manner, as he walks off, turning to take one long, deep look at the figure of Pamela Paulshock. [CENTER]---------------------[/CENTER] After the break we are inside the dressing room of [B]Thrillapalooza[/B]. It is a bit of a party atmosphere, we have [B]Hector Garza [/B]and the beautiful [B]Ryan Lynn[/B] playing WCW v nWo World Tour (how do ya like that Product Placement, Jack Donaghy?), [B]Lance Storm[/B] is on a cell phone, and [B]'Mean' Gene Okerlund[/B] is watching [B]Billy Kidman[/B] crack open a Budweiser. But before Kidman can get to his drink, the veteran commentator has a quick interview. "Welcome back fans, and what a fine win that was earlier tonight, Billy Kidman." "You know Gene, Thrillapalooza is where it's at, it's hot, it's exciting, it's the new generation, it's the future. Nothing.. and I mean nothing, can come close to this. We'll do anything to excite and win Gene, whether it means falling off a 15 foot ladder, going through two tiers of tables, hitting a Shooting Star Press with such venom that it almost cracks your own ribs, Gene, we are here to entertain. But that's not why I called you in for." "Oh?... Uhhh, I don't think I'm allowed to drink while I'm on duty, Billy.." "It's not that Gene my good man, as you know full well the value of code of conducts," Kidman says with a sarcastic double wink. "No, you see I have a little message for a legend, who was Thrillapalooza through and through before Thrillapalooza was cool. And that's to you, Ricky the Dragon Steamboat. Bro, what the Fallen Angel did to you... Was a travesty. And let me tell you something Ricky, you just say the word pal, and we'll have your back. As a matter of fact, our good man Hector here, he's going out there tonight for you... Now how do you like them apples, Gene?" Gene looks pleasantly surprised as Hector Garza springs up, slaps Kidman on the shoulders and leaves this party shelter. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Christopher_Daniels28.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Hector_Garza2.jpg[/IMG] The Fallen Angel v Hector Garza[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] The Fallen Angel treated Hector Garza like a low life common dog. And no, not a pooch, or a little cute chihuahua, or one of those other imitation variety of dogs, he treated him Michael Vick style. Woops, sorry. My bad. Anyway, you get the picture, poor old Hector didn't know what hit him but I am reliably informed it is the Angel's Wings, but whatever it is, I don't think Hector's going to be playing WCW v nWo World Tour for a while. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, the Fallen Angel[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] A video played highlighting[B] 'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz[/B]. It was shot in a very dark location, we could only see his eyes and the dark towel hanging over his head in between shots of his career: [LIST] [*]We see him hitting the Tazmission [*]We see him hitting a variety of his stunning suplexes [*]We see him slapping first, asking questions second [*]"I choke people out for fun... Win if you can, survive if I let you." [/LIST] [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/HughMorrus-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Tazz16.jpg[/IMG] 'The Laughing Man' Hugh Morrus v 'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Poor old Hugh Morrus. He's a physically large man with an imposing look, but Taz manhandled him like this was WCW v nWo World Tour (tm)(c)(r) on easy mode, easily accounting for Morrus with the Tazmission, which had Morrus flapping around like Free Willie begging to be saved. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Taz[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] Backstage, we find[B] 'Macho Man' Randy Savage[/B] in his private dressing room, watching footage of the WCW United States Champion[B] 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B]. It's as if Savage is studying him, watching him. Indeed, he has Miss Elizabeth under his thumb writing notes on a yellow scrap notebook. Savage feels the presence of the cameras, and turns around uneasily and shoves the cameraman out of the dressing room before slamming the door shut. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/EddyGuerrero2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Disco_Inferno4.jpg[/IMG] WCW Television Championship 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero (c) v Disco Inferno[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] And now for something completely different, the first Championship match of the night. And boy, the improvements recently in Disco Inferno are amazing. He's focused, he's energised, he's not making the same goofy mistakes that he's been renowned for. And this infuriated Guerrero, you could sense his frustrations that would he perceived would be a run of the mill match was turning into anything but. Both competitors came so close to losing, but both kept finding manouvers to counter their opponents impact moves. There was a number of near falls, with each competitor finding the sanctity of the bottom rope on more than one occasion. Indeed Guerrero was so frustrated that he started walking back up the ramp, but Disco went and grabbed him by the hair and hauled him back in. He sent Eddie across the ring, and when he came back leap frogged him and once more when Eddie came back he hit the Chartbuster! As Disco went to cover, we could hear the sound of the bell dinging, while Disco hooked the leg, referee Billy Silverman got confirmation that... [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Draw, due to WCW Television Championship match time expiration, with Eddie Guerrero retaining the WCW Television Championship[/CENTER][/SIZE][/QUOTE] [B]Disco Inferno[/B] clutched his head in disbelief and started questioning [B]Billy Silverman[/B], who shrugged his shoulders as if to say this was out of his hands. [B]Eddie Guerrero [/B]slowly got back to his feet, grabbed the WCW Television Championship, and rolled out of the ring quickly, before turning as he walked back up the aisle winking arrogantly at a clearly incensed Disco. [CENTER]---------------------[/CENTER] CRASH! We heard in our effects microphone, and as we cut to the back we could see [B]'The Total Package' Lex Luger[/B] bloodied on the floor. Standing above him, with a cracked framed silver record was [B]'K-Dawg' Konnan[/B]. We cut to the break with Konnan giving us a very sinister look. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Ric_Flair22.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/AlexWright6.jpg[/IMG] 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair v 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Ric Flair appeared to be in total control, until [B]Taz[/B] came stalking down the ramp, and into the ring. With Alex Wright talking to referee Charles Robinson, Taz picked up Ric Flair and dropped him with a powerful belly to belly suplex. Taz then stepped over the throat of Flair, before dropping onto him with a knee onto the point of the adam's apple. Taz rolled out of the ring as Alex Wright made the cover, but Flair kicked out. Taz got back up on the apron, but Flair sent Alex Wright criss crossing across the ring and he accidentally knocked Taz down, giving Flair the time to drop to his knees and hit a low blow on Alex Wright. Flair then inside cradled Alex Wright for a quick 1...2...3. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Ric Flair[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] As we watched [B]Ric Flair's[/B] arm being held up, he then walked free of [B]Charles Robinson[/B] to the ropes, and as [B]Taz [/B]laid on the ground outside, he told Taz that Bischoff was obviously too scared to face his demons himself. Flair flicked Taz the Four Horsemen sign, but Taz turned his head and refused to acknowledge it. [CENTER]------------------------------[/CENTER] Backstage, [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] is in his dressing room pacing backwards and forth, with his close ally, [B]Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart[/B] sitting on the wooden bench. "I don't get it Jim," Bret comments. "Does he think I enjoyed losing in my shot at the WCW World Heavyweight Championship?" Neidhart strokes his beard intently listening. Just then [B]'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith[/B] runs into the room and has his arm out in lariat form, but Jim Neidhart gets up and stands between Hart and Smith. "Blimey Jim, get the [BEEP] out of the way..." The fork? What about the kni.. Oh, I get it. "Calm down," Neidhart says before manaically laughing. "Calm down.." Neidhart is able to restrain Davey Boy somehow, and drive Smith out of the dressing room, leaving Bret Hart on his own, looking extremely concerned, knowing this situation is far from resolved. [QUOTE][CENTER][SIZE="5"][B][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/ScottSteiner3.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/RickSteiner2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/BookerT1999.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/StevieRay.jpg[/IMG] The Steiner Brothers v Harlem Heat[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] A good, physical match. Not overly quick, but just a great adage of experience experience experience! Harlem Heat scrambled early onto cut off the ring, leaving Rick postered, but Rick responded valiantly, knowing to scramble and save himself before the hot tag to Scott would eventuate. And Scott cleared house. It appeared as if we were seeing the Steiners of old, as Scott held Stevie Ray in a full nelson for Rick to clothesline, but Stevie Ray moved, causing Rick to strike Scott to the mat. With Rick looking shocked, Stevie Ray quickly hit a crippling spinebuster on Rick, to claim the three count. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winners, Harlem Heat[/CENTER][/SIZE][/QUOTE] Post match, [B]Scott Steiner[/B] helped his brother [B]'The Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner[/B] to his feet, and as Rick hobbled out of the ring, Scott stood in the centre of the ring and shook his head for a second, before following suit. The pain and anguish on both mens face was intolerable. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/ChrisJericho2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Rey_Mysterio28.jpg[/IMG] WCW World Heavyweight Championship 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c) v WCW Tag Team Champion Rey Mysterio Jr[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Rey Mysterio Jr's finest hour. The legend of the Mysterio family stands two generations deep in this great sport, yet throughout all that time, through Rey's Cruiserweight Championships and indeed his current WCW Tag Team Championship, getting this shot was the moment where it all came to life. Where the dream became reality. For there is no moment greater than having a shot at the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. Chris Jericho was surprised early on as Rey heated the crowd up with scintillating quick attacks. But Jericho quickly grounded Rey, and started gauzing at his mask, trying to take away the large heart of Rey Mysterio Jr by removing his legacy and meaning. Jericho was rag dolling Rey, showing the virtues of why a small man like Rey Mysterio Jr is highly unlikely to climb to the top. What Rey though did show was enormous heart and character, as time and time again he beat three counts, and also saw when the Liontamer was coming and promptly figured out a last chance saloon move to get himself out of there. But Chris Jericho kept terrorising Rey Mysterio Jr, and all seemed lost. But then, the crowd really got hot behind Rey, and this caused Jericho frustration. The more he got frustrated, the more he tried to power through Rey, which only added to poorly timed strikes, and moves that Rey was able to counter. But Jericho rolled to the outside to get his head together, bad mistake, it allowed Rey to use his suicide plancha to great effect knocking Jericho senseless against the steel guardrail. Rey was able to take Jericho back in, and the crowd sensed we were on the verge of something great. However, just before it happened, Rey went to the top rope, looking for Springboard Hurricanrana, but 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash came down to ringside and tossed Rey off the top onto the mat next to Jericho. Jericho got up, thankfully nodding to Nash, and covered...1...2....thre...NO! NO! Jericho was frustrated more. He picked Rey up and sent him into the ropes and dropped him with a sunset flip. He smiled, but then turned around to find that Rey had already sprung up and had hit the middle rope for the Springboard Hurricanrana, but Jericho caught him, and was able to drop him head first to the mat and instantly turn him over for the Liontamer, which Rey had to tap to. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, and STILL WCW World Heavyweight Champion, Chris Jericho[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] [B]Chris Jericho's[/B] eyes were wide and glazed in shock as to the performance of [B]Rey Mysterio Jr[/B] who lay in the ring, staring up in disbelief that his chance had come and gone. [B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B] came into the ring, and as Rey went to leave, he grabbed him by the throat, and thrust his head between his legs. He pulled down the straps on his attire, but just before he could lift Rey up, the crowd was pumped as dropping into the ring from the rafters was [B]Sting[/B]. Nash quickly rolled out of the ring, but Jericho was unawares, and as Jericho turned around he was standing face to face with Sting, who hurled Jericho into the corner. Jericho was stunned, but he was stunned more, as Sting hit the Stinger Splash.... WOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Sting cried as we faded to black.

[QUOTE=totti;720345][B]Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman, Jerry Lynn and Lance Storm)[/B] v 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and The Extreme Innovators (Perry Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon) [B]The Fallen Angel[/B] v Hector Garza [I]I'll call the newer guy to get a win on the board.[/I] 'The Laughing Man' Hugh Morrus v [B]'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz[/B] [I]The Giant last week and now Taz! Ouch![/I] WCW Television Championship: 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero (c) v [B]Disco Inferno[/B] [I]I'm calling a title change here. This seems to have had a bit of build so it seems more likely.[/I] 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] [I]Party time in San Francisco.[/I] [B]Harlem Heat [/B]v The Steiner Brothers [I]Tough one, but I think Booker T is the deciding factor.[/I] WCW World Heavyweight Championship: 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c) v WCW World Tag Team Champion Rey Mysterio Jr [I]I think Rey will give everything he has, but Jericho isn't going to relinquish his title on free TV. Should be a pretty good match though.[/I][/QUOTE] [QUOTE=JudgeJuryExecutioner;720379]Hey man. I've been outta action for a bit. Glad to see my favorite diary on the board still up and running. Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman, Jerry Lynn and Lance Storm) v [B]'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and The Extreme Innovators (Perry Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon)[/B] [I]I LOVE La Parka.[/I] [B]The Fallen Angel[/B] v Hector Garza [I]No brainer.[/I] 'The Laughing Man' Hugh Morrus v [B]'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz[/B] [I]LOL[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero (c)[/B] v Disco Inferno [I]It may be time to take the belt off Eddie and move him on. However, tonights not the night. Now the night he faces La Parka on the other hand . . . .[/I] 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] [I]Flair doesnt lose to lower midcarders, because his last names not Luger.[/I] Harlem Heat v [B]The Steiner Brothers[/B] [I]Scott goes KFC all over Booker in this one.[/I] WCW World Heavyweight Championship: [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c)[/B] v WCW World Tag Team Champion Rey Mysterio Jr [I]Nice effort little man.[/I][/QUOTE] [QUOTE=MattitudeV2;720482][B]Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman, Jerry Lynn and Lance Storm)[/B] v 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and The Extreme Innovators (Perry Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon) [B]The Fallen Angel [/B]v Hector Garza 'The Laughing Man' Hugh Morrus v [B]'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz[/B] WCW Television Championship: [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero (c)[/B] v Disco Inferno 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] [B]Harlem Heat[/B] v The Steiner Brothers WCW World Heavyweight Championship: [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho [/B](c) v WCW World Tag Team Champion Rey Mysterio Jr[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Bigpapa42;720529][B]Thrillapalooza[/B] (Billy Kidman, Jerry Lynn and Lance Storm) v 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and The Extreme Innovators (Perry Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon) [B]The Fallen Angel [/B]v Hector Garza 'The Laughing Man' Hugh Morrus v '[B]The Human Suplex Machine' Taz[/B] WCW Television Championship:[B] 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero [/B](c) v Disco Inferno 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] Harlem Heat v [B]The Steiner Brothers[/B] WCW World Heavyweight Championship: [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B] (c) v WCW World Tag Team Champion Rey Mysterio Jr[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Oldschool;720550]Quick Picks [B]Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman, Jerry Lynn and Lance Storm)[/B] v 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and The Extreme Innovators (Perry Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon) [B]The Fallen Angel [/B]v Hector Garza 'The Laughing Man' Hugh Morrus v [B]'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz[/B] WCW Television Championship: [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B] (c) v Disco Inferno 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] [B]Harlem Heat v The Steiner Brothers[/B] WCW World Heavyweight Championship: [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c)[/B] v WCW World Tag Team Champion Rey Mysterio Jr All seem, like esy picks except for Heat/Steiners, but I'm sure you'll throw a wrinkle at us![/QUOTE] Thanks guys, appreciate the tips. Thunder was an enjoyable show, I enjoy throwing out a line or two from what really happened in WCW, and I well recall a PPV moment when JJ Dillon basically used the same theory to rile up Chris Jericho who was Cruiserweight Champion at the time, and of course the opponent was not a local jabroni, but Rey Mysterio Jr, who subsequently won the Championship. I kind of feel the show, while not ground breaking possibly helped out the lower midcard and midcard a little to develop their characters, and that's one of the aims of advents like Thrillapalooza to strategically get them some meaningful stories. For the record, I don't really plan on using Pamela Paulshock as the main interviewer, her two redeeming 'objects' aside 'Mean' Gene Okerlund is and always will be a legend, but in this case it just made more sense to have Pamela as a usable pawn in the Disco-Eddie feud.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/mondaynitro.jpg[/IMG] [I]The epicenter of the entertainment world, Los Angeles, California, forget Beverly Hills, forget Hollywood, if you want to see the biggest stars alive today make sure you get tickets to see WCW as WCW brings Monday Nitro to Southern California. The WCW Cruiserweight Championship will be defended by Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger as he takes on 'K-Dawg' Konnan of the New World Order. Also, WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho, WCW Tag Team Champions Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr, and WCW Television Champion 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero will all be in action. But there's more, as Raven, 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page, Bret 'The Hitman' Hart and Scott Steiner will all be in action also. The war will continue to rage between the New World Order and WCW, the question is, will you be crazy enough to miss this great opportunity to see your favourite stars in action?[/I][/CENTER] [U]Quick Picks[/U] Supernova Extreme X (Psicosis and Ultimo Dragon) v Pipeline Feva ('Wipeout' Evan Karagias and 'Cutback' Lash Le Roux) WCW Television Championship: 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero (c) v Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart WCW Cruiserweight Championship: Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger (c) v 'K-Dawg' Konnan WCW Tag Team Championships: Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr (c) v nWo Japan (Masahiro Chono and the Great Muta) Booker T v Hector Garza The Fallen Angel v A Mystery Opponent Jerry Lynn v 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon 'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart Scott Steiner v Stevie Ray WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho and 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page v Sting and Raven

[B]Supernova Extreme X[/B] (Psicosis and Ultimo Dragon) v Pipeline Feva ('Wipeout' Evan Karagias and 'Cutback' Lash Le Roux) WCW Television Championship: [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B] (c) v Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger[/B] (c) v 'K-Dawg' Konnan WCW Tag Team Championships: [B]Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr[/B] (c) v nWo Japan (Masahiro Chono and the Great Muta) [B]Booker T [/B]v Hector Garza [B]The Fallen Angel [/B]v A Mystery Opponent Jerry Lynn v '[B]The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon[/B] 'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle v [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] [B]Scott Steiner[/B] v Stevie Ray WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho and 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page v [B]Sting and Raven[/B]

Supernova Extreme X (Psicosis and Ultimo Dragon) v [B]Pipeline Feva ('Wipeout' Evan Karagias and 'Cutback' Lash Le Roux)[/B] WCW Television Championship: [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B] (c) v Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger[/B] (c) v 'K-Dawg' Konnan WCW Tag Team Championships: [B]Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr[/B] (c) v nWo Japan (Masahiro Chono and the Great Muta) [B]Booker T[/B] v Hector Garza [B]The Fallen Angel[/B] v A Mystery Opponent [B]Jerry Lynn [/B]v 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon [B]'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle[/B] v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart Scott Steiner v [B]Stevie Ray[/B] WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho and 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page v [B]Sting and Raven[/B]

[B]Supernova Extreme X (Psicosis and Ultimo Dragon)[/B] v Pipeline Feva ('Wipeout' Evan Karagias and 'Cutback' Lash Le Roux) WCW Television Championship: [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero (c)[/B] v Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger (c)[/B] v 'K-Dawg' Konnan WCW Tag Team Championships: [B]Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr (c)[/B] v nWo Japan (Masahiro Chono and the Great Muta) [B]Booker T[/B] v Hector Garza [B]The Fallen Angel[/B] v A Mystery Opponent Even with a mystery man The Angel right now is looking dangerous and I have a feeling your going to keep it going Jerry Lynn v[B] 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon[/B] 'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle v [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] [B]Scott Steiner[/B] v Stevie Ray WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho and 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page v [B]Sting and Raven[/B]

[B]Supernova Extreme X (Psicosis and Ultimo Dragon)[/B] v Pipeline Feva ('Wipeout' Evan Karagias and 'Cutback' Lash Le Roux) WCW Television Championship: [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero (c)[/B] v Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger (c)[/B] v 'K-Dawg' Konnan WCW Tag Team Championships: [B]Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr (c)[/B[ v nWo Japan (Masahiro Chono and the Great Muta) [B]Booker T[/B] v Hector Garza [B]The Fallen Angel[/B] v A Mystery Opponent [I]Guessing the mystery opponent is a member of Thrillapalooza. Though you could always shock us and bring out Ricky Steamboat.[/I] [B]Jerry Lynn[/B] v 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon [B]'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle[/B] v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart [I]Never cared for Bret Hart, to be honest. Angle wins with interference from the Bulldog.[/I] [B]Scott Steiner[/B] v Stevie Ray WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho and 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page v [B]Sting and Raven[/B] [I]Though I could see this match going either way or even a draw.[/I]

[B]Supernova Extreme X (Psicosis and Ultimo Dragon)[/B] v Pipeline Feva ('Wipeout' Evan Karagias and 'Cutback' Lash Le Roux) [I]I can't go against your love for Psicosis.[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero (c)[/B] v Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart [I]I've learnt my lesson now and will never pick against Eddie again.[/I] WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger (c)[/B] v 'K-Dawg' Konnan [B]WCW Tag Team Championships: Rey Mysterio Jr and Chavo Guerrero Jr (c)[/B] v nWo Japan (Masahiro Chono and the Great Muta) [B]Booker T[/B] v Hector Garza [I]The singles push for Booker is looking iminent.[/I] [B]The Fallen Angel[/B] v A Mystery Opponent [B]Jerry Lynn [/B]v 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon [B]'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle[/B] v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart [I]I don't think he's over enough to win cleanly so i'll go with an interference from Bulldog.[/I] [B]Scott Steiner[/B] v Stevie Ray WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho and 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page v [B]Sting and Raven[/B] [I]Everything is going Jericho's way at the minute so I think I loss here will frustrate him.[/I]

Archived