WCW 1998: A prequel to "Death of WCW"

'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner, 'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay and 'Lord' Steven Regal v [B]'Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner, 'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz and Masahiro Chono[/B] [I]Only because all three memebers of their team have something going on and need the momentum whereas Finlay doesn't and Rick and Regal have been doing well recently.[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]Raven (c)[/B] v 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon WCW Tag Team Championships - Ladder Match: [B]Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn) (c)[/B] v Supernova Extreme X (WCW Cruiserweight Champion Ultimo Dragon and Psicosis) [I]Nice match for Nitro. I think a win here will help to establish Thrillapalooza as Tag Champs because they have a hard act to follow.[/I] The Great Muta v [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] [I]Muta will put up more of a fight than alot of the roster could, but the end result will still be the same.[/I] [B]The Giant[/B] v Lodi No Disqualification Match: 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page v 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair [I]I'll call no contest here due to everybody from the nWo and The Horseman coming out.[/I] Sting v [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] I thought these two were getting it on at Starrcade so I think it'll be a screwy ending here because you wouldn't want to give too much away. I'll go Hitman. Keep the shows coming man as we edge ever closer to Starrcade. It's unlucky that the DOTY awards are now because Starrcade is shaping up to be the best show of the year on the boards and thats saying something because Nevermores November to Remember was immense.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner, 'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay and 'Lord' Steven Regal v [B]'Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner, 'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz and Masahiro Chono[/B] WCW Television Championship: [B]Raven [/B](c) v 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon WCW Tag Team Championships - Ladder Match: [B]Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn)[/B] (c) v Supernova Extreme X (WCW Cruiserweight Champion Ultimo Dragon and Psicosis) The Great Muta v [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] [B]The Giant[/B] v Lodi No Disqualification Match: [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] v 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair Sting v [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B]

'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner, 'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay and 'Lord' Steven Regal v [B]'Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner, 'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz and Masahiro Chono[/B] [I]Taz chokes out Fit Finlay![/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]Raven (c)[/B] v 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon [I]Should be a decent match but the Champ retains.[/I] WCW Tag Team Championships - Ladder Match: [B]Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn) (c)[/B] v Supernova Extreme X (WCW Cruiserweight Champion Ultimo Dragon and Psicosis) [I]Why? Because it's a Thrillapalooza![/I] The Great Muta v [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] [I]He may have one loss on the record but the streak begins again.[/I] [B]The Giant[/B] v Lodi [I]Lodi? Up and down you go: na na na na goodbye![/I] No Disqualification Match: 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] [I]They don't call him the dirtiest player in the game for nothing![/I] [B]Sting v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] [I]A draw to build toward Starrcade.[/I]

Dude, I just wanna say again. . . I absolutely LOVE this diary and I've made the decision that after Starrcade, I'm gonna read the entire thing again from start to finish. Know that all the time and effort you put in is much appreciated. 'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner, 'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay and 'Lord' Steven Regal v [B]'Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner, 'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz and Masahiro Chono[/B] WCW Television Championship: [B]Raven[/B] (c) v 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon [I]Love Kanyon. . . But not yet.[/I] WCW Tag Team Championships - Ladder Match: Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn) (c) v [B]Supernova Extreme X (WCW Cruiserweight Champion Ultimo Dragon and Psicosis)[/B] The Great Muta v [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] [B]The Giant[/B] v Lodi No Disqualification Match: [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] v 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair Sting v [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] [I]Bring on El Dandy.[/I]

Guest cmdrsam
Absolutly fantastic show. I am always amazed with the quality that you always provide, show in and show out. 'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner, 'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay and 'Lord' Steven Regal v [B]'Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner, 'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz and Masahiro Chono[/B] WCW Television Championship:[B] Raven (c)[/B] v 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon WCW Tag Team Championships - Ladder Match: Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn) (c) v [B]Supernova Extreme X (WCW Cruiserweight Champion Ultimo Dragon and Psicosis)[/B] I got to pick one upset. The Great Muta v [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] Poor Muta is next. [B]The Giant[/B] v Lodi Lodi must die!!!!!!!!:p No Disqualification Match: 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] You would't dare make it 3 in a row. GRRRRRRR! Sting v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart Draw varmit.

To be honest, I don't know what I can add that I haven't already said. The build to Starrcade is, as always, impeccable, the writing is fantastic, and this is still one of the very best diaries on here ever. With that said, that closing segment was pretty special, even for you. The nWo beat down in the cage was a great idea and portrayed fantastically. Love it. 'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner, 'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay and 'Lord' Steven Regal v [B]'Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner, 'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz and Masahiro Chono[/B] [I]This build with Chono has been spectacular, mate, I'm loving it. These three have had far more to do lately, so they go over[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]Raven (c) [/B]v 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon [I]So we can have Eddy v Raven at Starrcade[/I] WCW Tag Team Championships - Ladder Match: [B]Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn) (c)[/B] v Supernova Extreme X (WCW Cruiserweight Champion Ultimo Dragon and Psicosis) [I]I'm not sure about giving away a ladder match for free on TV without any build up, especially as it would make a great match at Starrcade. I tend to think it waters the gimmick down if it's being given away on TV without build. But hey, I've learnt by lesson about questioning your ideas[/I] The Great Muta v [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] [I]Would like to see a bit more of Muta, but Goldberg obviously needs to keep winning on the build to his Hogan match[/I] [B]The Giant[/B] v Lodi [I]Please tell me you have plans for the Giant post-Starrcade?[/I] No Disqualification Match: [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] v 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair [I]Bischoff to screw Flair over[/I] Sting v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart [I]I smell a no contest and shenanigans on the build to the big match at Starrcade[/I]

Keef always puts it better than I do so just read that twice will ya? Once in a northern accent and once with a...wait, where the hell is Keef from anyway? 'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner, 'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay and 'Lord' Steven Regal v [B]'Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner, 'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz and Masahiro Chono [/B] The Lord Faced Bruisers are no match for The Japanese Human Pumps! Or maybe that's The Belfast Blue Dogs and The Big Muskateer Machines? Either way... WCW Television Championship: [B]Raven (c)[/B] v 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon As much as I love Kanyon, Raven should triumph WCW Tag Team Championships -[B] Ladder Match: Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn) (c)[/B] v Supernova Extreme X (WCW Cruiserweight Champion Ultimo Dragon and Psicosis) Looking forward to what these four get upto in a ladder match, should be several shades of greatness The Great Muta v [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] Whose next? [B]The Giant[/B] v Lodi Whose nexter? No Disqualification Match: 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] Never go against a sicilian when death is on the line...never back against Slick Ric in a no DQ! Sting v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart Call it a draw! Reply With Quote

'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner, 'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay and 'Lord' Steven Regal v [B]'Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner, 'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz and Masahiro Chono[/B] ditto Keefmoon WCW Television Championship: [B]Raven (c)[/B] v 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon Got to agree with the masses...Not buying a Kanyon victory yet WCW Tag Team Championships - Ladder Match: [B]Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn)[/B] (c) v Supernova Extreme X (WCW Cruiserweight Champion Ultimo Dragon and Psicosis) Thrillapalooza would've been a good DOTY nom for Rocky Maivia award... Dont really like these guys in real life, but like how they've evolved here [B]The Great Muta[/B] v Bill Goldberg I know this goes against all logical booking.... My real world biases just overtook me here...Love Muta, not so much Goldberg [B]The Giant[/B] v Lodi Over under 10 seconds... I'll take the under No Disqualification Match: 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] He's the dirtiest player in the game for a reason [B]Sting[/B] v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart But somehow Hart gets screwed over

[CENTER][URL="[IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/mondaynitro.jpg[/IMG]"][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/mondaynitro.jpg[/IMG][/URL] [I]Proudly Brought to you by....[/I] How dare they! Poor Wilbur! Thankfully Pepsi was there for this new generation.[/CENTER] At the top of the show here in Kansas City, Missouri, we cut to the back where we see [B]Curt Hennig[/B] exit a dressing room. The door is left open, and we can peer inside and we can see [B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B] in a pensive pose, pondering obviously what that was all about, just like I am wondering what that segment was all about. Refund, pullleaase. Wait, I didn't pay for that? Ok, carry on. [CENTER]------------------------------------------[/CENTER] Inside the arena, the usual red and yellow pyros burst into the ceiling here as we kick-off WCW Monday Nitro, live on TNT. We pan around a packed audience, as spotlights criss cross up and down the arena. Before we can settle, [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQDOjPkECHY"]the bagpipes start up[/URL], which can mean only one thing. The introduction of [B]'Rowdy' Roddy Piper[/B]. Up in the ring, we can see a tartan mat has been laid, and two stools. It's time for Piper's Den. The Hot Rod himself moves slowly down the aisle in his kilt and black leather jacket, as he peers from the top of the apron at the crowd, looking on in awe at the amount of people here tonight. Once inside the ring, [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUY1QgeDwVo"]the gothic music[/URL] of the solitary warrior, [B]Sting[/B] hits, and as lightning sparks via the use of pyrotechnics explode over the arena, the legend himself drops down from the rafters. Once in the ring, he detaches from the safety net, and points the bat at Piper, before dropping the bat and being directed to a stool by the smiling Scotsman. "Aha...Stinger!" Piper begins, "Well what do you know? After all these years, man, I've interviewed them all. From Andre the Giant to the Haiti Kid, but man, I've got to say, I've never had a chance to interview... you, at least not one on one away from Bret Hart. You're somewhat of a quiet kind of guy, much like myself, very reserved, hardly ever says a word that's out of place." Sting cracks a sly smile, knowing full well that Roddy Piper is the complete opposite in voicing his opinion. "So, welcome to Piper's Den! The show that's in the know Sting..Aha! Because as soon as you know the answers, I change the questions. Just when you think you know the Piper, Sting, I present a different face. But... but... Tonight is not all about me, Sting. You see, in just under a fortnight's time, in Atlanta Georgia, live on Pay-Per-View at the greatest legend of 'em all, Starrcade, you have got to go one on one with Bret Hart. But you know something, Kansas City, Missouri, you don't have to wait, because man, tonight... Sting will take on Bret Hart in a special preview of what promises to be a classic match. Sting, there's been a lot of issues that have culminated between yourself and Bret 'The Hitman' Hart, one day you two are the home coming queens of the debutante ball, the next, he thinks you're a gutless coward, and a fraud. But.. but... BUT! Thankfully Sting, this thing has to come to an end, and it will, Sunday 27th of December, and Sting, I've got to know man, why did you choose to accept the challenge, man? Some people think you're lining yourself up for a fall Sting, what do you have to prove by facing Bret Hart at Starrcade?" Sting looks uneasy, his face still... "Well come on! Don't be shy, come and grab a microphone," Piper says as he hands one to Sting, who looks down at it in his right hand. Finally, the Stinger erupts. "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" He screams before beating on his chest. "Time and time again Roddy, the Stinger comes to answer the questions," he says. "You know Roddy, you're right, I think over the past couple of years I've answered all of Bret Hart's accusations. Every single last of them. From being a traitor, to being trustworthy, all these great fans here in Kansas City MISSOURI..", which of course garners a pop of some sort, "know all about the Stinger. There's no riddle me this, there's no riddle me that, I am the bat from the sky who gives his all night in night out. Now... NOW! As far as Bret Hart goes. Ever since Bret Hart has come to WCW, I sensed a little bit of the green eyed monster of jealousy. Every step I took, every breath I took, he was watching me. Because the thing was, when Bret Hart came down from..... Hell.... To WCW, he never thought he'd meet an icon like the Stinger. Because up there, he was a big fish in a very small pond. Whereas down here, there's lot of piranhas that'll strip you in a second flat, and then there's the cagey hammerhead Sharks like me, circling, waiting, dominating. And you know something Roddy? Bret Hart doesn't like it. It's like when Ric Flair himself went to... Hell... Bret Hart and himself had a falling out of some sort. And you know why, Roddy? Because Ric Flair had been in the ocean before, he'd swum with the Hammerheads, the piranhas, the crocs and even some of the biggest baddest Killer Whales, man. Whereas Bret Hart, he had not. He was used to swimming with rainbow coloured happy faced comic style fish that wouldn't bust a hump to fight the greatest fights of them all, whereas down here, in the deep blue sea, it's sometimes dark and murky because here Roddy, every shark in this tank bites... BITES! And Bret Hart... he can't handle it! He wants to be the number one shark, man. And quite frankly, here in World Championship Wrestling, there's more to it than that. So, what I'm proposing to do tonight, Roddy, is.." Just then, [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CFSlATzA44"]the regular music[/URL] of [B]'Easy E' Eric Bischoff[/B] hits, and the boss himself walks out from under the Turner-Tron, with an extremely wide smile on his face. After the crowd finish booing him, he bows to get them going again, before raising his microphone. "You know something Sting, pal," Bischoff begins, "You've got a real big mouth on you. You see Sting, Bret Hart's right. You see, one second you've lost your tongue and you come down and you put the Scorpion Death Drop on all of the nWo. But you know what Sting, all of the king's castle and all of the king's men still managed to put the nWo together again well after you'd finished. But you know something, Stinger, they say an Elephant never forgets. Well, just imagine I'm from the wild plains of Africa Sting, because... frankly, I haven't forgotten. I don't forget that you're exactly what Bret Hart says you are. You're a manipulative slime ball standing in the way of progress. And that... THAT... is why Bret 'The Hitman' Hart doesn't like you. The fact of the matter is, neither do I. So tonight, Sting... I'm proposing your match with Bret Hart will be refereed by... Yours Truly!" Sting shakes his head in disgust. "God... I love this job, and Kansas Missouri, the nWo loves you!" Bischoff's music hits again, as we fade to a break. [CENTER]--------------------------------[/CENTER] After the break, in the back, [B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B] is standing by himself, deeply and intently reading a single sheet note. What is all this about? [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Rick_Steiner2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/William_Regal6.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Finlay7.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Scott_Steiner18.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Tazz16.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Masahiro_Chono3.jpg[/IMG] 'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner, 'Lord' Steven Regal and 'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay v 'Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner, 'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz and Masahiro Chono[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] There is nothing technical going on here, in this very ring. Nope, it's really just a wild brawl. There's so much tension, so much rivalry, so much hate, and it's borne out in just a massive cluster you know what of a match. Totally overbooked, really loose, not very sound technically, and after the initial strong reaction from the crowd for the energy going into the bout, the fact it became largely just an unmanaged and unmitigated disaster that followed no sense of reason let alone basic rules brought the mood down somewhat. But they got rowdy, boy, did they get rowdy. Why? Because of the cheap nature of the ending. Fit Finlay and Steven Regal were rolling well, until Taz slid into the ring with the lead pipe, totally unbeknowns to the referee, and hit Finlay on the back of the neck. Finlay stumbled, and then fell, and Big Poppa Pump quickly put on the Steiner Recliner. Regal tried to make the save, but Taz held him back for Chono to hit the sickening Kenka Kick, as Finlay quickly tapped. Rick Steiner was too late to make the save, which caused him utter despair. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winners, Scott Steiner, Taz, and Masahiro Chono[/CENTER][/SIZE][/QUOTE] After the break, [B]'Mean' Gene Okerlund[/B] is standing in the ring, as the nWo music hits. Coming out, on his lonesome is none other than the original bad guy, the Outsider, [B]Scott Hall[/B]. Hall comes out flashing nWo signals, and moves the tooth pick from behind his ear into his mouth. He continues to talk smack into the camera at some of the fans as he walks to the ring, once in the ring, he does the whole jumpy-jump-jumpy blam look at me I look like the dude from Titanic thing... What? He's not imitating Leonardo Di Caprio? Hang on.. wait a second, I'm checking my ICQ. Really? Scarface? Oh, well, that makes a lot more sense. Finally, he steps over towards Okerlund and smiles, before flicking the tooth-pick in Okerlund's face. "Scott Hall, these fans and I ... we don't care for your threats," a cleary intimidated, but brave none the less 'Mean' Gene Okerlund utters. "A few months ago, you helped send me to hospital, and to this very day, my neck hurts like no one's..." "Hey Yo," Hall interrupts. "Chico, you should have heeded the warning, stay out of our way. It's like I've always said Geno, you want some? Come get some. And by merely standing in our way, you set your own fate chico. You know, Kansas City Missouri, which is right here in nWo central, you might have heard, but we have a little survey going on. And it's real real simple, you're either with us, or you're against us. So, how many people here in Kansas City came to see ... dubbya cee dubbya." Of course, this gets quite the favourable response. "Yeah yeah yeah... Now, how many people... in here at Kansas City came here to see the..." [I]N W O![/I] "Survey says, one more for the good guys. And speaking of good guys, chico, what the hell are you still doing in my ring, Geno? You know what happened last time, we were just having a real bad day man.. Just a real bad day. But since that time, business has picked up. And it's like I've said before time and time again chico, you're either with us, or you're against us. And brother, we believe you're against us. So if you don't mind chico... I'm going to put you through the ring.." But before Hall can do that, he's surprised from behind by[B] 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B] who races down to ringside. He pulls Hall back on the shoulders, and the two men stand face to face. "Yo, Chico, it's Big Sexy," Hall introduces. "Am I glad to see you, you see, this punk behind me needs to be shown a few thin.." BANG! What the hell? Kevin Nash just clubbed Hall to the back of the head! These two are pumelling each other in the centre of the ring. What is all this about? The fighting is vicious, Hall looks surprised, but he doesn't restrain himself. Finally Kevin Nash clothesline Hall over the top rope to the outside, as Hall staggers back, falling over himself, looking shocked at what just transpired. [CENTER]-----------------------------------------[/CENTER] Backstage, [B]'The Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B], the WCW United States Champion has a small audience around him in the hallowed hallways. Included amongst them is [B]Lizmark Jr[/B], [B]'The Laughing Man' Hugh Morrus[/B], [B]Hector Garza[/B] and[B] Lenny Lane[/B]. They all looked genuinely intriuged, like they are looking at a demi-god or something. "So, what I did then was put him into the Crippler Crossface, and that was that," Benoit says. A chorus of 'oh' is heard, as they look on and marvel him. All except Hugh Morrus, who begins laughing. "That can't be right, you mean to say," Morrus begins, "You took him from this position and just straight away got him into the Crippler Crossface." "You don't believe me?" "It's... It's... Why.. It's Diabolical... And funny, yeah right kid... Sure..." "I can assure you, it's no laughing matter," Benoit replies. "That's for DAMN sure," Morrus says, continuing to laugh. Finally Benoit snaps, and immediately from nowhere is able to drive Morrus into the ground and apply the Crippler Crossface. Morrus' laugh has subsided, now he's tapping the concrete relentlessly, as the other wrestlers struggle to pull the enraged Benoit off him. [CENTER]----------------------------------[/CENTER] After the break, as Raven begins walking to the ring, a video plays highlighting the career of [B]'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon[/B] * We look back at some of his momentous moments as Mortis * We look back at his desperate attempt to become a member of the Flock, and his guidance from James Van Den Burg in Blood Runs Cold * We then look at his resurgence simply as Chris Kanyon, alongside Perry Saturn in the tag division * We start to see the mastery these two men have with the table, with various shots of opponents going through them * We see about 20 different innovations from Chris Kanyon, with a final moniker, 'The Most Innovative Man of Destruction Alive Today'. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Raven23.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/ChrisKanyonkyky.jpg[/IMG] WCW Television Championship Raven (c) v 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] And we're back with this match already under way, with Raven in a side head lock from Kanyon, as Kanyon races to the turnbuckle, leaps up and tries for a Tornado DDT and delivers! Wow! This one turned into a typical Kanyon match. A lot of suplexes and slams with various varieties, and perhaps a little bit of lost translation due to a lack of some psychology due to the high impact tempo of the bout. However, Raven is an in ring general of some note, and he was able to add some substance to the great moves by stringing a few spots together logically to push both men. Finally, after Kanyon had tried to hit a devastating Death Valley Driver, which Raven managed to wriggle out of, Raven was able to hit the Evenflow out of nowhere for the win. It just goes to show how dangerous a wrestler Raven is, just when you think you've got him... BANG! [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, and STILL WCW Television Champion, Raven[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] Post match, as [B]Raven[/B] has his arm held aloft, as he grabs his ribs with his free hand, and grimmaces with the pain, [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B] rushes to the ring and from behind drop kicks Raven into the corner. Raven slumps to the middle rope, as Guerrero races from the middle of the ring... OH MY GOD! He just... just... like a baseball slide drop kick straight to the head of Raven! GOD! He had no way of getting away from the brutality of that. Guerrero starts to smile wryly, as Raven grabs at his throat, and struggles to breathe as we cut to a break. [CENTER]-------------------------------[/CENTER] After the break, Thrillapalooza, as in [B]Billy Kidman[/B], [B]Jerry Lynn[/B] and the beautiful [B]Ryan Lynn[/B], the WCW World Tag Team Champions are in their dressing room with [B]'Mean' Gene Okerlund[/B]. "Thank you Tony, I have the pleasure of being in the dressing room of Thrillapa..." Okerlund looks around the room, and stops talking for a second as he spots a Playstation, featuring WCW/nWo v The World on freeze frame, showing Billy Kidman about to execute his lethal Shooting Star Press. In another corner of the room is a pinball machine, and in another corner a jukebox. It appears Thrillapalooza is party central. "What?" Kidman interjects. "The cat got your tongue Gene?" Kidman says with a laugh and a high five to Jerry Lynn. "Look, the fact of the matter is, here in Thrillapalooza we are here for the fun and excitement, man. Every night is a night of excitement. A natural buzz, a thrill seeking move or five hundred, ladies and gentlemen, for your viewing pleasure we are the kings of high octane. And Gene, oh boy, do we have a couple of surprises for you." Kidman pretends he has a phone held to his ear, using his fingers, as Ryan Lynn makes a ring ring noise. "Uh... Hello? Thrillapalooza Incorporated. Well hello our good friend... Billy Corgan! What? Really... Well, that's settled then, let me let the great fans around the world know." Kidman jumps around all excited. "What was that all about?" Okerlund asks. "How exciting is that?" Kidman starts looking up, as if he's looking at the bright lights. "Atlanta, Georgia, 70,000 people. The greatest night in professional wrestling. Thrillapalooza is going to blow... your .... mind! You see, Geno, that was my good friend Billy Corgan. Now, you may know Billy from a little band we like to call... The Smashing Pumpkins, and Geno, THEY'RE COMING TO STARRCADE BABY!" Kidman and Jerry Lynn high five again, as Kidman laughs with over exuberance. "But wait, man. We haven't forgotten our good friends here in Kansas City, Missouri... No my little tin man interviewee, heeeeeellll no. These people are here on the Thrillapalooza fun-train baby, and tonight... Tonight! We are going to the land of the steel ladder. You see, as you know, on the flip side, we have a match with Supernova Extreme X.." "Wait... Wait!" Jerry Lynn says as he starts looking at his fingers. "I think I got it, man. S... E...." Lynn is clearly noting that Supernova Extreme X is... well... SEX. "Don't even go there my man," Kidman interrupts. "You see, as fun as that particular word is, nothing is more fun than jumping off a steel ladder, man. Hey.. Hey! I know, how about a ... Shooting Star Press off the ladder? You see, Gene, here on Monday Nitro, it's a Thrillapalooza night every night, and tonight is no different, for tonight's match... is a ladders match... For the World... Tag Team... Championships!" Kidman and Jerry Lynn smile and nod, as we fade out. [CENTER]--------------------------------[/CENTER] A video plays in a gray scale format highlighting the ultimate war to settle the score, at Starrcade. * It is a match for the coveted WCW World Heavyweight Championship, the most fabled prize in all of professional sports. * The two brightest stars of 1998, [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B] of the New World Order, and [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B], go one on one * The match will feature no interference, for anyone who intereferes... * ...Will... *....Be... *....FIRED! * It will be an Ultimate... * Iron... *...Match * A match of the Gods of wrestling, in the pits of hell * 60 minutes of excruciating hell * A match to stop the wrestling world * Not only will one man perish with his dreams dashed... * ... But the very men he represents will have to disband. * It will either be the death of the Four Horsemen, or the New World Order * As HISTORY... is made! [CENTER]----------------------------------[/CENTER] Backstage, the WCW World Heavyweight Champion, [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B] is standing by with [B]'Mean' Gene Okerlund[/B]. Jericho has a vervacious smile, an arrogant swagger, and the all important Championship belt tightly wrung around his waist. "I thank you Tony Schiavone, I have with me one of the combatants of the match in hell that settles the ultimate score. The match of the year I am sure it will be, and with me, the WCW World Heavyweight Champion, Chris Jericho." Jericho's look of immense satisfaction turns to disdain. "No no no no no! How many times do I have to tell you, Junior? Geno-Machino, get with the program man. You are to introduce me as Lionheart... Chris... Jericho, the WCW World Heavyweight Champion, the ayatollah of rock n rolllllla, your paragon of good virtue, and the leader of the millions and gozillions of Jerichoholics around the world. Yeah Baby! And I'd expect you to get it right... EEEEEESPECIALLY here on my own show. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ... Monday ... Night.. JERICHO! Geno, don't you ever... EVVVVERRRR get that wrong again. Now, now that you've finished in the play-pen with Billy Kidman and Jerry Lamo, and that disgusting bottom feeding trash bag Ryan..." He quietly mouths the word Ryan again with a look of confusion etched on his face. "Isn't that a guys name? Ryan? Well, I guess it's only fair that you hear the thoughts of your.... World Heavyweight Champion. The showcase of sexiness. The latitude of legendary. The gentry of godliness. The... Greatest... Athlete... Of.. All.... TIME! I've heard it all, Junior. I've heard it all. But the fact is this, in the lead up to the greatest match of the century... CENTURY! Not just the greatest match of the day, month, year... but CENTURY... Purely by account of the showcase of sexiness himself being there, this promises to be a knock 'em out, drag 'em down, take the man's soul to hell and back roller coaster ride that you can't held but watch. Now, even I will give Chris Benoit his dues. The man is one of the most destructive athletes on the face of the planet. He is a world class wrestler. Infact, he's the second greatest to me... the showcase of sexiness himself. But... BUT... I will never... EVVVVERRRR relinquish my crown to a man of such poor dental hygiene, Geno. Look at me, Benoit. A man of class, a man of style. Baby, I light my fires in my Canadian mansion with $100 greenbacks, man. Because I live the life of the World Heavyweight Championship, I breathe the dream to reality. And because, when you're in the New World Order, that's how you roll. Need I remind you, Kevin? That's how we roll baby, as a Pack. As a pack of wild wolves, naked, prancing around together in the wilderness. Like wild young bucks at the raw. Nash, Hall, just stick with me boys, kiss and make up if you have but God don't show me the Polaroids, for while this is a very stressful time, fret not little ones, Lionheart is here and has it all under control. And Geno, to be part of the New World Order, you have to be the ... best. And incase you're ever wondering who that is kids, you're looking at him." He starts rubbing the face of the World Heavyweight Championship and rolls his eyes back, almost orgasmically. "Oh baby, that feels good... The gold around my waist. The greatest Championship on the face of the planet. And you think I'll give this feeling up? I will never... EEEVVVERRR give up my precious. My precious. You see, this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. This is officially the dawning of the age of Aquarius, and whats more.. it's the beginning of the 1000 day Championship reign. For a 1000 days and a 1000 nights Chris Benoit and the other sheep herders followed the Star of Jericho across the planet to go to a mainger where they laid eyes on the showcase of sexiness himself, and bowed down... BOWED DOWN.... To the Greatest Champion that ever lived. You see Benoit, I'm a walking god, baby, and you're a toothless bottom feeding trash bag, and while it is your pleasure to go one on one with the great one, come Starrcade... You will find out ... why, it's not a catchphrase, no no no no, it's reality, that I am ... The Greatest Athlete Of All Time" Jericho pumps his fist and pats Okerlund on the shoulder, before walking away. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/BillyKidman-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Jerry_Lynn6.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Ultimo_Dragon.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/PsicosisMask.jpg[/IMG] WCW World Tag Team Championships Ladder Match Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn) (c) v Supernova Extreme X (WCW Cruiserweight Champion Ultimo Dragon and Psicosis)[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Spotfest! Spotfest! Call to all spotfest fans. If you're not a fan of spotfests, turn away, because the chaotic use of ladders involved some ingenious high impact moves from the middle of the ring. One spot involved Jerry Lynn, standing on a ladder opposite Ultimo Dragon who so close to the titles, making a desperate jump and diving like a cross body into the other ladder to knock the ladder down, and Ultimo Dragon neck first into the top steel cable. It was just wild pandemonium, and while Thrillapalooza claim to be the masters of the ladder, it's quite clear that these two dynamos from the cruiserweight division have a wild repertoire of moves to make use of the delicious spots it opens up. The only mistake through the middle part of the match was psychologically both teams had better opportunities to grab the straps at the top of the ladder, but chose instead to hit some devastating moves. Fun, but a bit limited in though. Kidman got his wish and was able to hit the Shooting Star Press from the middle rung on Psicosis, and with Jerry Lynn able to hit a Cradle Piledriver on Ultimo Dragon, it left an opportunity for a desperate run up the ladder from Kidman to collect the Championships. A wild, chaotic match for Nitro. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winners, and STILL WCW Tag Team Champions, Thrillapalooza[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] Backstage, as [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B] struts into the catering room, he poses for the head waitress. "Hey baby... Take a shot of me," he says with a gleaming white smile. "For I may well be the best looking dish on the menu tonight." Suddenly we hear a shriek, as another waitress, this one not so good looking, spots [B]Scott Hall[/B] and [B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B] brawling through the room! My God! Nash has just dunked Hall head first into a huge wedding cake. Pandamonium as Hall takes control again, and now hurls Nash head first through along a table filled with wine flute glasses, which all smash! "What the hell is this?" Jericho screams out. The WCW World Heavyweight Champion gets in the way. "If you want to hit him, Hall, you're going to have to go through me..." Hall clenches his fist and swings, as Jericho ducks. "God! What is wrong with you! Security! Security" Jericho shrieks. "This is my New World Order," Jericho says as he jumps up and down in a tantrum, before finally, [B]Doug Dillenger and the Fun Police[/B] arrive to separate these ... mindless wolves? [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Bill_Goldberg5.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/thGreat_Muta2.jpg[/IMG] Bill Goldberg v The Great Muta[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Meanwhile, as we cut back to ringside, The Great Muta is already in the ring as Goldberg storms to the ring. The Great Muta whipped in some of his severe, whipping kicks, and was even able to hit two or three snapping suplexes. And then, he even went to the top, looking for the Mutasault. But Goldberg raised his knees, and from there, took control, and within a short proximity of time ended the match with the Spear and Jackhammer combination. Still, Muta got in more offence than most wrestlers do against Goldberg. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Bill Goldberg[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] Post match, [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] kicks the [B]Great Muta[/B] out of the ring, and takes a microphone from [B]David Penzer[/B]. "Kansas City, Missouri," Goldberg says with a grin. "Well it's about time I got to this great city," of course this comment gets the mandatory cheap pop. "I'm going to keep this short and simple, just like my matches. You see Hulk Hogan..." [I]HOGAN! HOGAN! HOGAN! HOGAN! HOGAN![/I] Goldberg raises the microphone once more, "As much of a legend as you are, and I acknowledge that, I respect you, you are the icon and someone I respect... At Starrcade, all you have to realise is... YOU'RE NEXT" Goldberg slams the microphone to the ground and gets down into Spear stance, before raising like a cobra and screaming an energetic scream. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Lodi3.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Big_Show13.jpg[/IMG] Lodi v The Giant[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Splat! Chokeslam! Who wants fries with that meat patty splattered in the center of that ring? [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, The Giant[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] Backstage, we see [B]Disco Inferno[/B] with his long time team-mate [B]'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright[/B]. They are sitting on opposing lounge suites in Disco's dressing room, chewing the fat, having a chat. "Ya, ya, dis is unt good Disco," Wright says. We fade away, noticing in the corner is a framed picture of Kimberly Page. Clearly, Disco has not forgotten. [CENTER]---------------------------------------[/CENTER] In the nWo dressing room, [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] is lightly dancing on the spot, as if he is skipping, trying to get focussed for the match ahead. On the TV monitor though, he sees the framed picture of his wife, and his teeth grit. [B]'Easy E' Eric Bischoff[/B] comes up behind Page and pats him on the shoulder. "Keep focused Dallas, keep focused," Bischoff reminds him, as we fade to a break, knowing that up next, it will be 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair and 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page, in a no disqualification match. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Ric_Flair24.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/DDP6.jpg[/IMG] No Disqualification Match 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair v 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Hardly anything going on in the ring, y'all. Infact, this was straight up wild street. The two men began brawling down the aisle, and found themselves briefly in the crowd, punching away. Finally, both men ended up at the stage, and both Page and Flair found themselves going head first through some staging next to the entrance, which set off sparks from the collision. This was life and death dangerous stuff. Both men were cut open pretty badly it must be said. And both men kept defying all odds by kicking out. The ribs were getting cracked by the steel guardrails as they fought back towards the ring. In they went, and a toe to toe confrontation ensued. But, as Page fought relentlessly, [B]'The Enforcer' Arn Anderson[/B] ran down to ringside with a steel.. crowbar? He rolled it in the ring, and Flair hit a low blow on Page. With Page doubled over, Flair grabbed the crow bar and slammed Page across the neck, before falling on him for the cover. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Ric Flair[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] A video plays highlighting the match between [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] and [B]'Easy E' Eric Bischoff[/B] at Starrcade * [B]'Iron' Mike Tenay[/B] comments that in the world of corporate manipulation, nothing is sweeter than having an opportunity to take down your corrupt boss * [B]Tony Schiavone[/B] talks of the corruption of the New World Order and the lengths 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair has gone to to defend World Championship Wrestling and it's traditions * We review the disgraceful ending to their first show down * And of course, the tearful reunion of the Four Horsemen earlier this year much to the despair of Eric Bischoff * We review the stipulations, and match between 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair and [B]Hulk Hogan [/B]that ultimately got Flair this diamond in the rough opportunity As we cut back, [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B], and [B]'The Enforcer' Arn Anderson[/B] are walking back through the curtain. Flair is bloodied, and he has a crazed look on his face, as he comes across [B]'Mean' Gene Okerlund[/B], who is hoping for an interview. "Alright, Nature Boy Ric Flair, what a match! What a match, and what an outcome here as we head to the grand-daddy of them all, the night of nights, Starrcade." "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! MEAN BY GOD GENE! Tonight, I gave my blood, I gave my sweat, and for the last nearly three decades brother, I've given my tears and my life. MY LIFE! MY LIFE! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Damn it, my life to the National Wrestling Alliance and then World Championship Wrestling. Is it true Mean Gene... that those cowards in the back in the New World Order want to take that away from me? Could that be true? And you think double A and I are just going to sit back and take it? Not a chance brother, not a chance! Eric Bischoff! You! You low life coward, you are nothing but a cheat, a short cut corrupt cheat, you.. I hate your guts pal. You are a low life son of a [beep], and if you think tonight was rough..." he says as he wipes the blood from his forehead, and smiles deliriously as he looks at it in the palm of his hand, "Brother, you ain't seen nothing yet. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Nothing is going to stop me! Not thirty stitches, not a lost pint of blood, hell I'd give my life for this chance to bury you brother. For when you walk the aisle Bischoff, remember this. Diamonds are forever, and so is the Nature Boy, now and forever the dirtiest player in the game!" Flair looks crazed, as we fade to a break. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Bret_Hart31.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Sting25.jpg[/IMG] Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v Sting With Special Guest Referee 'Easy E' Eric Bischoff[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Bischoff was quick to turn on Sting here, with a lot of swarmy quick counts, and excuses why not to count for Sting. It was clear the Solitary Warrior had no chance of doing anything destructive in terms of results, so instead he turned into mat warfare with Bret Hart. The two men traded counters in the center of the ring on the mat, and it became quite outrageous to watch both men try to set up for the Sharpshooter or the Scorpion Death Lock respectively, only to be defied by their opponent who knew, knowing the move only too well, beating the move off. And so it went, and so both men found themselves trying different submissions, from ankle locks to arm bars to figure four leg locks. But with little success. Both men went back to their feet, and then Sting hurled Hart into the corner. STINGER SPLASH! And another! Hart was groggy. Sting WOOOOOed to the crowd, but Bischoff laid on the ground and Sting accidentally tripped over him. Bret Hart took advantage of the situation and covered Sting in a small package, and Bischoff made a ridiculously quick count for victory. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Bret Hart[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] Post match, as [B]'Easy E' Eric Bischoff [/B]holds up [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart's[/B] arm, the Hitman grabs Bischoff by the shirt and throws him to the outside. He snatches the microphone from [B]David Penzer[/B]. [B]Sting[/B] is standing in the corner, looking extremely agitated at the way the match transpired. "Sting... Sting," Bret Hart says as he gasps for air. "My mission is to show you why I am the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be. Frankly, I too didn't care for what Eric Bischoff had to say earlier, or for what transpired. You know, the more the match rolled on Sting, the more I got to think about why I came to the WCW. And the more I got to remember that it was to get rid of horse [beep] like this. So while I'm glad to have got the victory, I'm not glad about how it got done. So I want to make you an offer. It seems to me Starrcade is shaping up as something a little bit special with the Ultimate Iron Man Match. You see Sting, I'm sure you and I would both agree that that's a match that we would walk a million miles to see. So I'm going to offer you something too, because I too want to be part of history. What we saw tonight was no reflection on who really is the greatest superstar between you and I, so Stinger, at Starrcade, I'm offering you a best of three submission match. The match of the Sharpshooter versus the Scorpion Death Lock. What do you say?" Hart throws the microphone to Sting... "Bret Hart, at Starrcade... It's SHOWTIME FOLKS!" WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

[QUOTE=ColtCabana;793133]'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner, 'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay and 'Lord' Steven Regal v [B]'Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner, 'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz and Masahiro Chono[/B] WCW Television Championship: [B]Raven[/B] (c) v 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon WCW Tag Team Championships - Ladder Match: Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn) (c) v [B]Supernova Extreme X[/B] (WCW Cruiserweight Champion Ultimo Dragon and Psicosis) The Great Muta v [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] [B]The Giant[/B] v Lodi No Disqualification Match: 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] [B]Sting [/B]v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=MartinC;793401]'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner, 'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay and 'Lord' Steven Regal v [B]'Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner, 'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz and Masahiro Chono[/B] WCW Television Championship: [B]Raven (c)[/B] v 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon WCW Tag Team Championships - Ladder Match: Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn) (c) v [B]Supernova Extreme X (WCW Cruiserweight Champion Ultimo Dragon and Psicosis)[/B] [B]The Great Muta[/B] v Bill Goldberg [B]The Giant[/B] v Lodi No Disqualification Match: 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] Sting v [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Bigpapa42;793468]'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner, 'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay and 'Lord' Steven Regal v [B]'Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner, 'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz and Masahiro Chono[/B] WCW Television Championship: [I]Raven [/I](c) v 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon WCW Tag Team Championships - Ladder Match: [B]Thrillapalooza [/B](Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn) (c) v Supernova Extreme X (WCW Cruiserweight Champion Ultimo Dragon and Psicosis) The Great Muta v [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] [B]The Giant[/B] v Lodi No Disqualification Match: 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] Sting v [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE=totti;793613]'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner, 'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay and 'Lord' Steven Regal v [B]'Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner, 'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz and Masahiro Chono[/B] [I]Only because all three memebers of their team have something going on and need the momentum whereas Finlay doesn't and Rick and Regal have been doing well recently.[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]Raven (c)[/B] v 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon WCW Tag Team Championships - Ladder Match: [B]Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn) (c)[/B] v Supernova Extreme X (WCW Cruiserweight Champion Ultimo Dragon and Psicosis) [I]Nice match for Nitro. I think a win here will help to establish Thrillapalooza as Tag Champs because they have a hard act to follow.[/I] The Great Muta v [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] [I]Muta will put up more of a fight than alot of the roster could, but the end result will still be the same.[/I] [B]The Giant[/B] v Lodi No Disqualification Match: 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page v 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair [I]I'll call no contest here due to everybody from the nWo and The Horseman coming out.[/I] Sting v [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] I thought these two were getting it on at Starrcade so I think it'll be a screwy ending here because you wouldn't want to give too much away. I'll go Hitman. Keep the shows coming man as we edge ever closer to Starrcade. It's unlucky that the DOTY awards are now because Starrcade is shaping up to be the best show of the year on the boards and thats saying something because Nevermores November to Remember was immense.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=MattitudeV2;793742]'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner, 'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay and 'Lord' Steven Regal v [B]'Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner, 'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz and Masahiro Chono[/B] WCW Television Championship: [B]Raven [/B](c) v 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon WCW Tag Team Championships - Ladder Match: [B]Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn)[/B] (c) v Supernova Extreme X (WCW Cruiserweight Champion Ultimo Dragon and Psicosis) The Great Muta v [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] [B]The Giant[/B] v Lodi No Disqualification Match: [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] v 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair Sting v [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE=angeldelayette;793852]'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner, 'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay and 'Lord' Steven Regal v [B]'Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner, 'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz and Masahiro Chono[/B] [I]Taz chokes out Fit Finlay![/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]Raven (c)[/B] v 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon [I]Should be a decent match but the Champ retains.[/I] WCW Tag Team Championships - Ladder Match: [B]Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn) (c)[/B] v Supernova Extreme X (WCW Cruiserweight Champion Ultimo Dragon and Psicosis) [I]Why? Because it's a Thrillapalooza![/I] The Great Muta v [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] [I]He may have one loss on the record but the streak begins again.[/I] [B]The Giant[/B] v Lodi [I]Lodi? Up and down you go: na na na na goodbye![/I] No Disqualification Match: 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] [I]They don't call him the dirtiest player in the game for nothing![/I] [B]Sting v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] [I]A draw to build toward Starrcade.[/I][/QUOTE] [QUOTE=JudgeJuryExecutioner;794115]Dude, I just wanna say again. . . I absolutely LOVE this diary and I've made the decision that after Starrcade, I'm gonna read the entire thing again from start to finish. Know that all the time and effort you put in is much appreciated. 'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner, 'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay and 'Lord' Steven Regal v [B]'Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner, 'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz and Masahiro Chono[/B] WCW Television Championship: [B]Raven[/B] (c) v 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon [I]Love Kanyon. . . But not yet.[/I] WCW Tag Team Championships - Ladder Match: Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn) (c) v [B]Supernova Extreme X (WCW Cruiserweight Champion Ultimo Dragon and Psicosis)[/B] The Great Muta v [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] [B]The Giant[/B] v Lodi No Disqualification Match: [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] v 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair Sting v [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] [I]Bring on El Dandy.[/I][/QUOTE] [QUOTE=cmdrsam;794173]Absolutly fantastic show. I am always amazed with the quality that you always provide, show in and show out. 'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner, 'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay and 'Lord' Steven Regal v [B]'Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner, 'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz and Masahiro Chono[/B] WCW Television Championship:[B] Raven (c)[/B] v 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon WCW Tag Team Championships - Ladder Match: Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn) (c) v [B]Supernova Extreme X (WCW Cruiserweight Champion Ultimo Dragon and Psicosis)[/B] I got to pick one upset. The Great Muta v [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] Poor Muta is next. [B]The Giant[/B] v Lodi Lodi must die!!!!!!!!:p No Disqualification Match: 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] You would't dare make it 3 in a row. GRRRRRRR! Sting v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart Draw varmit.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=keefmoon;795049]To be honest, I don't know what I can add that I haven't already said. The build to Starrcade is, as always, impeccable, the writing is fantastic, and this is still one of the very best diaries on here ever. With that said, that closing segment was pretty special, even for you. The nWo beat down in the cage was a great idea and portrayed fantastically. Love it. 'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner, 'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay and 'Lord' Steven Regal v [B]'Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner, 'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz and Masahiro Chono[/B] [I]This build with Chono has been spectacular, mate, I'm loving it. These three have had far more to do lately, so they go over[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]Raven (c) [/B]v 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon [I]So we can have Eddy v Raven at Starrcade[/I] WCW Tag Team Championships - Ladder Match: [B]Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn) (c)[/B] v Supernova Extreme X (WCW Cruiserweight Champion Ultimo Dragon and Psicosis) [I]I'm not sure about giving away a ladder match for free on TV without any build up, especially as it would make a great match at Starrcade. I tend to think it waters the gimmick down if it's being given away on TV without build. But hey, I've learnt by lesson about questioning your ideas[/I] The Great Muta v [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] [I]Would like to see a bit more of Muta, but Goldberg obviously needs to keep winning on the build to his Hogan match[/I] [B]The Giant[/B] v Lodi [I]Please tell me you have plans for the Giant post-Starrcade?[/I] No Disqualification Match: [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] v 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair [I]Bischoff to screw Flair over[/I] Sting v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart [I]I smell a no contest and shenanigans on the build to the big match at Starrcade[/I][/QUOTE] [QUOTE=BoomKing;795081]Keef always puts it better than I do so just read that twice will ya? Once in a northern accent and once with a...wait, where the hell is Keef from anyway? 'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner, 'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay and 'Lord' Steven Regal v [B]'Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner, 'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz and Masahiro Chono [/B] The Lord Faced Bruisers are no match for The Japanese Human Pumps! Or maybe that's The Belfast Blue Dogs and The Big Muskateer Machines? Either way... WCW Television Championship: [B]Raven (c)[/B] v 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon As much as I love Kanyon, Raven should triumph WCW Tag Team Championships -[B] Ladder Match: Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn) (c)[/B] v Supernova Extreme X (WCW Cruiserweight Champion Ultimo Dragon and Psicosis) Looking forward to what these four get upto in a ladder match, should be several shades of greatness The Great Muta v [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] Whose next? [B]The Giant[/B] v Lodi Whose nexter? No Disqualification Match: 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] Never go against a sicilian when death is on the line...never back against Slick Ric in a no DQ! Sting v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart Call it a draw! Reply With Quote[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Oldschool;797758]'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner, 'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay and 'Lord' Steven Regal v [B]'Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner, 'The Human Suplex Machine' Taz and Masahiro Chono[/B] ditto Keefmoon WCW Television Championship: [B]Raven (c)[/B] v 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon Got to agree with the masses...Not buying a Kanyon victory yet WCW Tag Team Championships - Ladder Match: [B]Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn)[/B] (c) v Supernova Extreme X (WCW Cruiserweight Champion Ultimo Dragon and Psicosis) Thrillapalooza would've been a good DOTY nom for Rocky Maivia award... Dont really like these guys in real life, but like how they've evolved here [B]The Great Muta[/B] v Bill Goldberg I know this goes against all logical booking.... My real world biases just overtook me here...Love Muta, not so much Goldberg [B]The Giant[/B] v Lodi Over under 10 seconds... I'll take the under No Disqualification Match: 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] He's the dirtiest player in the game for a reason [B]Sting[/B] v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart But somehow Hart gets screwed over[/QUOTE] Why thank you all. And lookey, we're going well past 1,000 replies. I'm staggered by all the responses over the past year or so, so thank you to all the people who have wrote into the mail bag. I hope you all enjoyed the show, sure, it was a bit chaotic and a bit overlooked for my liking, but... I suppose it was nice to drive some energy into this bad boy as we roll ever closer to Starrcade. I look forward to hearing any thoughts you may have on the show as always, I take a lot of what is written throughout the diary to mold the write ups and the feel of angles, so it is always constructive and always beneficial to me. [CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/thunder.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B]Quick Picks[/B] WCW Cruiserweight Championship: Ultimo Dragon (c) v Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger Booker T v Lenny Lane Lance Storm v Masahiro Chono The Fallen Angel v Psicosis 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka v 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright WCW Television Championship: Raven (c) v 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero The Giant and 'The Total Package' Lex Luger v Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart and 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith Sting, Bill Goldberg and Hulk Hogan v 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page, 'K-Dawg' Konnan and Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell

Loved the Jericho promo and am very interested to see how the Nash and Hall situation works out. [B]Quick Picks[/B] WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Ultimo Dragon[/B] (c) v Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger [B]Booker T[/B] v Lenny Lane [B]Lance Storm[/B] v Masahiro Chono The Fallen Angel v [B]Psicosis[/B] [B]'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka[/B] v 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright WCW Television Championship: [B]Raven[/B] (c) v 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero [B]The Giant and 'The Total Package' Lex Luger[/B] v Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart and 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith [B]Sting, Bill Goldberg and Hulk Hogan[/B] v 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page, 'K-Dawg' Konnan and Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell Not convinced on my main event pick, both Sting and DDP both need a "bounce back" win. Sting, Goldberg and Hogan seems to be a sure win but Goldberg and Hogan together may cost the "dream team" the victory. Both may ride the "ego train" to failure!

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/highway-1.jpg?t=1261376459[/IMG][/CENTER] In the year 19 nought 9, William Taft sat on the Presidential throne in the White House. The President of these United States weighed a staggering three hundred pounds, and to this day, he remains the last President to wear a mustache while in office. The Republican legal practitioner was stage coached to the Presidency by his predecessor, the long gone, never forgotten, and oft fabled Theodore Roosevelt. The legacy of the Rough Rider rides on as we ride off into the sunset of the twenty first century. He promised us all a square deal, and history would tell us largely delivered. And perhaps he was the last truly great old fashioned gun smokin' cowboy of the American legend. In the first full year of William Taft's fated Presidency, the former Vice President to the sadly assassinated William McKinley found himself boarding a ship en route to the wild lands of Africa. Yes, he had conquered the bad lands of the Midwest, but Africa was where Theodore's heart laid. He had been there to the northern tips of Africa with his parents early in life, framing an insatiable appetite for adventure that was etched into his heart forever, and perhaps it was this insatiable appetite for adventure that led him to try unsuccessfully for two more Presidential runs in 1912 and 1916. The Rough Rider landed in Africa, and like a Demi-God strode it's vast wilderness in an aim for ceaseless nights of adventure, to publish many great fables for the people of his now and forever United States, and to catch an animal or three so the good people of the boroughs of New York could solemnly come to his other passion aside from his second wife Edith, the American Museum of Natural History on the west side of the beautiful woods of Central Park. Theodore was in fine form, and on his expedition that captured the hearts of Americans from the settled East to the divergent growing West, he managed to bring down a staggering 512 big game animals. In today's day and age of the increased knowledge of environmental conservation, Theodore's feats are somewhat tragically considered controversial. The intention is and always was to educate the people of the United States of the wonders of nature through the various museum relationships he built up. He is of course, well known as the man who set aside many great tracts of land in the United States to be forever known as nature reserves. Speaking of great kill rates, only one adventure can truly outlive Theodore's life long mission. And that is night in, night out, stepping in the ring in front of 250 to 500 pounds of sheer, mesmorising power. Without a gun, without supporters, man on man, bone against bone. No rest for the wicked, no quarter asked for, none given. And that is the phenomenal testament that serves the professional wrestlers within the World Championship Wrestler locker rooms - in the year 1998, nearly 90 years after Teddy's great crusade for nature education and adventure, man after man are pitting themselves in the gates of hell trying to build a legacy of their own across Teddy's United States and the world beyond. But one man stands alone. He may not have achieved 512 kills in succession, and I doubt that possibility would ever truly exist in this brutal cacophany of carnage, but he did ride a powerful bullet to 175 successive kills, before losing his first ever match just recently at World War III. The man in question is somewhat of an enigmatic misnomer, there appears to be fable after fable about the man, but very little in the way of substance. And so it was the great privilege of [I]Down the Wrestling Highway[/I] to produce this article for the [I]WCW Magazine[/I] on the phenomenal Bill Goldberg. Night after night, over ten thousand men, women and children pound into arenas across North America to hopefully catch a glimpse of this iconic superstar. Truth be known, he is usually out there for a short period of time, crushing his opponent before Charlie's father can reload the film into the camera to catch a memory of this fabled legend in the making. You see, Bill Goldberg tries to make professional wrestling a simplified scientific question. Power upon power equals victory, and victory equals success and hopefully, as Bill explains, Championship shots. "Missing out at World War III is the toughest thing I've had to stomach," Bill Goldberg said candidly as we sat down at a Kansas City hotel bar. The scene was catastrophic, men, women, children surrounding Bill as he sipped back on a cool budweiser demanding autographs and photos, all of which the iced up Bill Goldberg was only too happy to provide. You see, less than two hours ago Goldberg was the recipient of some crippling kicks from the Great Muta, all of which require significant icing before Thunder when he will team for the first time ever with two of the greatest legends of all time, Sting and Hulk Hogan. "A Pay-Per-View shot at the WCW World Heavyweight Championship is the ultimate goal for every guy in the locker room," Goldberg continued. "Some realistically have that opportunity, some don't. Professional wrestling sorts out the men from the boys. Some see it as an art form, I see it as an ever evolving judgment day. Night after night there's someone just ready to take your place, just like how I was just over a year ago. I started out with Hugh Morrus who was fashioning himself as a reputation as a very agile, tough minded individual. A real tough competitor. And the first thing I did was take his spot. And now, as I head into Starrcade, I want the spot of the great one." The great one he speaks of is the man he will tag with this coming Thursday night, exclusive to TBS. Perhaps the greatest icon of them all, Hulk Hogan. Perhaps in a round-about way Hulk Hogan is, as the man who really helped explode this grueling sport that takes a man's soul to hell and back, perhaps Hulk Hogan is the current day professional wrestling version of Teddy Roosevelt. And perhaps the opportunity stands before Bill Goldberg to take that spot. "There's no denying his achievements," Goldberg continues as he takes another slow sip. "He's an ageless wonder. But the time is right, and I'm ready to strike like a cobra, Mike. I'm prepared to do anything, anything, to beat Hulk Hogan. The truth of the matter is, professional wrestling is my life, and it's a tough life. For 250 to 300 nights of the year you're getting slammed all over a hard, unforgiving ring, crashing your ribs into steel posts and guardrails, having someone drop their knee on your nose. It's hard to try and build a family life Mike, so inevitably, professional wrestling becomes your life. It consumes you. And there's an old saying, when the heat is on, the going gets tough and the tough get going. It means you have to suck it up, and take it on. There's only one time in my professional wrestling career when the heat got turned up so high I just couldn't take anymore, and you know what Mike? It cost me a shot at the WCW World Heavyweight Championship at Starrcade. And that doesn't sit well with me. And as much as Hulk Hogan is the greatest challenge out there, all I want is his spot. His reputation. His legacy. His way in to World Heavyweight Championship shots." Bill continued to talk of his professional wrestling career without a second thought to his previous NFL career. That was the past, professional wrestling is his present and his future. It's his long held dream to one day hold aloft the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. And in a little over two week's time, Bill Goldberg gets to live every boy of 1998's boyhood dream. In 19 nought 9 it was to conquer the insatiable appetite of adventure and history in the realms of Africa for Teddy Roosevelt. In 1998, for men all over the globe, it's to conquer Hulk Hogan, the immortal Hulk Hogan, and go forth in quest for a shot at the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. Times may change, but the need for spirited adventure does not.

WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Ultimo Dragon (c)[/B] v Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger [I]I think he'll hold it until Starrcade, but then again, you'd would probably end up with every title changing hands at the PPV.[/I] [B]Booker T[/B] v Lenny Lane [I]I see a US Title run for Booker sometime next year.[/I] Lance Storm v [B]Masahiro Chono[/B] [I]He's looking like a great bet for a good year in 99.[/I] [B]The Fallen Angel[/B] v Psicosis [I]I'd like to see him capture the Cruiserweight Title at Starrcade.[/I] [B]'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka[/B] v 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright [I]Wouldn't be surprised if this goes the other way.[/I] WCW Television Championship:[B] Raven (c)[/B] v 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero [I]Are we looking at a rematch for Starrcade?[/I] [B]The Giant and 'The Total Package' Lex Luger[/B] v Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart and 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith [I]Can't look past The Giant here although i do like me some Bulldog.[/I] [B]Sting, Bill Goldberg and Hulk Hogan[/B] v 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page, 'K-Dawg' Konnan and Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell [I]Just look at the Starr power on that team.[/I] Keep them coming man.

Guest cmdrsam
WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Ultimo Dragon (c)[/B] v Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger [B]Booker T[/B] v Lenny Lane Lance Storm v [B]Masahiro Chono[/B] [B]The Fallen Angel[/B] v Psicosis [B]'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka[/B] v 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright WCW Television Championship: [B]Raven (c)[/B] v 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero [B]The Giant and 'The Total Package' Lex Luger[/B] v Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart and 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith [B]Sting, Bill Goldberg and Hulk Hogan[/B] v 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page, 'K-Dawg' Konnan and Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell

WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Ultimo Dragon [/B](c) v Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger [B]Booker T[/B] v Lenny Lane [B]Lance Storm[/B] v Masahiro Chono The Fallen Angel v [B]Psicosis[/B] 'The Chairman of WCW' [B]La Parka[/B] v 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright WCW Television Championship: [B]Raven [/B](c) v 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero [B]The Giant and 'The Total Package' Lex Luger[/B] v Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart and 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith [B]Sting, Bill Goldberg and Hulk Hogan [/B]v 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page, 'K-Dawg' Konnan and Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell

WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Ultimo Dragon [/B](c) v Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger [B]Booker T[/B] v Lenny Lane [B]Lance Storm[/B] v Masahiro Chono [B]The Fallen Angel[/B] v Psicosis 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka v [B]'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright[/B] WCW Television Championship: [B]Raven [/B](c) v 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero [B]The Giant and 'The Total Package' Lex Luger[/B] v Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart and 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith [B]Sting, Bill Goldberg and Hulk Hogan[/B] v 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page, 'K-Dawg' Konnan and Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/thunder.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] And after the initial blue and white and gray pyros that burst through this arena here in St Louis, Missouri, as a diversified crowd of New World Order and World Championship Wrestling fans sit awaiting the start of this live broadcast on TBS, the SuperStation. Suddenly, [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CFSlATzA44"]the theme of the corrupt boss of the New World Order[/URL], [B]'Easy E' Eric Bischoff[/B] hits, and the arrogant young executive walks forward through the curtain and beneath the Turner Tron. His arrogant smile seems to laugh in the face of the enormous chorus of boos he is hearing, but he does stop near ringside where he observes a group of young men in nWo shirts. Bischoff stops, and in the camera says that he loves these guys, before moving forth to the ring. Once in the ring, he flies around like a Boeing 767, before raising the microphone to address this rabid crowd. "Well well well, St Louis Missouri you really are nWo central," he says with a wide vibrant cheesy grin on his face, the cynical look that only Eric Bischoff knows how to pull off to perfection. "You know, for everything I have done in my illustrious business career, nothing, and I mean NOTHING compares to.." Just then, [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi51kkMepn0"]American Made[/URL] hits, and the crowd goes into absolute overdrive as the immortal [B]Hulk Hogan[/B] walks beneath the Turner Tron in his yellow and red Hulkamania attire, walking from side to side of the stage waving his hand to his ear, to gauge the reaction of various portions of this crowd. Hogan continues down to the bottom of the ramp and then does his Apollo muscle pose as the gold pyros fizz behind him before exploding. Hulk Hogan keeps walking down to the ring, pointing intently at Eric Bischoff. Once in the ring, he goes to opposing corners and again tries to gauge the reaction of the crowd before stepping in front of Eric Bischoff and tearing off the yellow and red shirt. As the music dies down, a decidedly unhappy Bischoff lifts the microphone. "What the hell are you doing out here?" "Well you know something Eric Bischoff! As I rode the I-55 on my Harley last night dude, en route for St Louis Missouri brother," he of course pauses for the inevitable cheap pop, "And as I passed Busch Stadium, the home of the all conquering St Louis Cardinals brother, I knew that I was in the midst of Hulkamania brother. Because for every St Louis Cardinals jersey I saw out there, I saw yellow and red dude. And as I pulled up to the local service station to refill the Cobra dude, and as I flexed my 24 inch pythons as I filled 'er up, one of these great Missourians came up to me and said... Hulkamania still rules brother!" "Mr Hogan," Bischoff interrupts. "I'm a very busy man, and if you don't mind, why don't you perhaps get to the point." "The point is dude, as I look out over this packed arena brother, I realised that the power of Hulkamania is demanding to be unleashed, man. Instead of waiting till December 27th at the Georgia Dome brother, at Starrcade, I want to be given a match, right here, right now, in St Louis Missouri here on Thunder, dude. The truth is Eric Bischoff, these Hulkamaniacs in this arena brother, they need to know who is the true immortal. Hulk Hogan, or Bill Goldberg. So with that out of the way, and the techtonic plates completed their movements as to the two great immovable forces collide head to head tonight brother, I've got to ask just one thing. WHATCHA GONNA DO... WHATCHA GON.." "Whoa, whoa, whoa," Bischoff interrupts. "You think you can just waltz on down to this ring, on my show, on Thunder, and announce that you're going to face Bill Goldberg, here tonight?" "Well brother, it seems that's what we used to always do, dude..." "But things were different Hulk, things were... different. I could rely on you. I could trust you. You weren't a snake back then Hulk, you were part of the New World Order, and... I would have given you the world. But... But.. BUT... and this is why I love this job so much, with things being... different, I can assure you Hulk, that you DON'T just waltz into my ring and expect a miracle. OH no no no no no, but Hulk, I'm a reasonable man. So I'm going to ask you a question, you think these ... Hulkamaniacs... deserve to see Bill Goldberg and Hulk Hogan in the ring tonight?" "Yes I do, man." "You think that it's fair to give away on free to air TV, Hulk Hogan and Bill Goldberg, in the ring, right here, tonight in St Louis?" "Brother, of course I do. These Hulkaman.." "Well, that just settles it, doesn't it. Why, if you think it's right, it must be right. So Hulk, I'm going to grant you your wish." Hulk nods and smiles, and begins to turn to leave, as Bischoff raises the microphone once more. "You see Hulk, you will be in the ring with Bill Goldberg. But you won't be facing off one on one. You see, the New World Order want a bit of revenge on you... BROTHER... so tonight, we are going to have a very special six man tag match. It will be yourself Hulk Hogan, Bill Goldberg and Sting... against Diamond Dallas Page, Konnan and Buff Bagwell," as the crowd boos, Bischoff's smile returns. "God... I love this job!" Hogan storms up the aisle, very unhappy with proceedings. Behind the curtain, watching on a small screen monitor, it appears [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] is very agreeable to the decision, nodding as the crowd boo Eric Bischoff collectively. [CENTER]--------------------------[/CENTER] As we prepare fade to a break, a very excited 'Iron' Mike Tenay announces, as a graphic of the match pops up, that it has been confirmed, [B]Hulk Hogan[/B] will team with [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] and [B]Sting[/B], tonight! [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Ultimo_Dragon.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/JushinLiger.jpg[/IMG] WCW Cruiserweight Championship Ultimo Dragon (c) v Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] The overriding difference with these two in the cruiser division, against your spirited performers like Psicosis and the ever developing Fallen Angel, is simple. There are no botched spots, things flow, they make sense, and they know how to control a crowd's tempo. While you would always claim these types of matches are simple cases of 'work the crowd', to build a fast paced excitement level, these two are able to bring in a slow build to the matter as well. And overriding their excellent high flying action is their ability to control the match through not overly quick, but extremely well defined chain wrestling and harsh looking mat wrestling. Yes, these two can pop a submission hold with the best of them. This was a very open encounter, Ultimo Dragon seemed surprised at how spirited Lyger was tonight. Mike Tenay summised that indeed this might be Lyger's last shot at Ultimo Dragon until after Starrcade, and it seemed to inspire Lyger. Countless times he beat near falls, and while Ultimo Dragon seemed to be leading the match by directing the match around, and seemed well versed in using the corners to punish Lyger, Lyger just kept staying in there. And his passion paid off, because when Ultimo Dragon took Jushin Lyger to the top rope, things looked diabolical for the challenger. But Lyger started punching back, and soon enough, he was able to switch foot positions with Ultimo Dragon, and launch a sadistic superplex! Both men hit the mat hard, but Lyger was able to drape his arm of the top of the Champion for the pinfall! What a moment! We have a new Champion to start proceedings off here on Thunder! [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, and NEW WCW Cruiserweight Champion, Jushin Lyger[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] Meanwhile, we review footage of what went down earlier in the evening * [B]'Easy E' Eric Bischoff[/B] being interrupted by American Made, and the arrival of the immortal [B]Hulk Hogan[/B] * Hogan asking for a shot at Bill Goldberg tonight * And then being impolitely declined by Eric Bischoff who tells Hulk Hogan that tonight, instead, we will have a six man tag match featuring Hogan, [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] and [B]Sting[/B] against [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B], [B]'K-Dawg' Konnan[/B] and [B]Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell[/B] As we fade from the video, we can see the pumped right bicep of [B]Hulk Hogan[/B]. We zoom back out, and notice that he is in a muscular pose, standing next to [B]'Mean' Gene Okerlund[/B] in the WCW Thunder Interview Center. "Hulk Hogan, tonight you will join forces with Bill Goldberg and Sting, undoubtedly the greatest three man tag presence ever in professional wrestling history. History is going to be made here tonight Hulk, right here in St Louis, Missouri..." "Well you know something Mean Gene! As I've said time and time again the more things change the more things remain the same, dude. You know brother, I've been out in Hollywood dude and I've been the biggest and baddest directors and producers in the world, man. I've had to face over 500 pounds in the ring before dude, and I picked Andre up and I slammed to the pits of hell, man. I've faced every challenge under the sun brother, but as I ride the Harley to arenas across the country brother, I've got to wonder about Bill Goldberg. And brother, it's eating me up inside, piece by piece. Brother, I've got to know, just who is the immortal icon of the current day, dude. But you know what else brother, I've faced some of the dirtiest snakes in the game man, but nothing compares to Bischoff. It's just like Ric Flair says brother, Eric Bischoff is a coward! And tonight, all he had to do is wave that pen across a piece of paper brother, and I would move heaven and hell and the Rockies and the Apalachians to ensure that tonight, brother, tonight I know. You know Mean Gene. Bill Goldberg knows. The world knows..." Meanwhile, [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] and [B]'K-Dawg' Konnan[/B] move into the Interview Center and stand opposite Hulk Hogan. Hogan takes off his red sunglasses and stares deep into the eyes of Dallas Page, menancingly. Finally, after the stand off, Page moves over the microphone. "What's your problem, Hulk?" Page asks. "My problem is the likes of you, brother," Hogan responds. Page laughs, before addressing him one last time. "Yo, you love me, you hate me, but one thing's for sure, you'll never forget me..." Page laughs and turns to leave, but instead of leaving, both himself and Konnan turn and knock Hogan to the ground and began pounding away at the immortal icon! Hogan tries to cover up, but Page is a great wrestler in his own right. Finally, finally, [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] rushes onto the scene, and Page and Konnan flea. Hogan is dazed, and has a drizzle of blood on his forehead, as we pass to a break. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][CENTER][B][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Booker_T13.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/LennyLane.jpg[/IMG] Booker T v Lenny Lane[/B][/CENTER][/SIZE] The good thing about Lenny Lane is, unlike many of the smaller wrestlers, is that he is basically an all rounder, with a firm grasp of basics, intertwined with some genuinely wizard like spots. And it means he is quite capable of putting others over effectively at this stage as he earns his stripes waiting for his own opportunity. This meant tonight that Lenny was able to help highlight for the commentators and the fans the agility of Booker T, and the swiftness of some of his martial arts strikes, and eventually, after a fair match Booker was able to win via the Missile Drop Kick. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Booker T[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] Backstage, in the Four Horsemen dressing room, [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] is pacing backwards and forth. Finally, there is a knock at the door, as a doctor walks in. "What's up Doc?" Who is Bill Goldberg, Bugs Bunny? "Bill, Hulk suffered an enormous beating, there is no doubt," the ageing Doctor begins. "And with his head popping against the unforgiving concrete... not good. But, he appears to be a very resilient human being. I've told him to lay off his feet tonight, but..." "But?" "It's touch and go Bill, in my opinion he shouldn't fight. But..." "You mean... Wha.. You mean?" "Look, Bill. I've got other patients, I can't mind a certain 300 pound superstar every minute of the day. And sometimes, people break orders," the Doctor says with a wink. Meanwhile, in the corner of the dressing room, [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] is sitting in the corner talking to the WCW United States Champion, [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B]. "But... but it feels like the whole world is on my shoulders," Benoit says. "It feels like I'm snapping..." "Well brother, how do you think he feels? He's got to walk that aisle, with the WCW World Heavyweight Championship around his waist, ten pounds of gold, and brother, for the past 8 or 9 months he's been a walking target. He's faced them all, including the world's largest athlete, and supposedly the Excellence of Execution, he's faced my greatest opponent Sting... but you know something Chris. He's never faced someone as outstanding as you." Flair pats Benoit on the shoulder, and then stands up. "Come with me Chris, I've got a couple of videos to show you. It's a few matches of my own... Harley Race, Wahoo McDaniel, Dusty Rhodes, Ricky Steamboat. Brother, all legends. But I'll show you what it is to be a great World Heavyweight Champion, and I'm sure you'll become one in just the same vein..." [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Lance_Storm.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Masahiro_Chono3.jpg[/IMG] Lance Storm v Masahiro Chono[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Lance Storm, in typical Thrillapalooza fashion (yes, he is a forgotten child), has come from the land of the Extreme and at first looked right on the pace, but with the infusion of the Thrillapalooza element he has tried to take things to the next level in terms of aerial stuntmenship. But it hasn't quite worked of late and he finds himself on an indifferent role. And that's a bad place to be against Masahiro Chono, who has been carving through the WCW roster like a knife through hot butter. And tonight sadly, was no different, as Storm was brutalised by Chono who ended the match with the unmerciful Kenka Kick from hell. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Masahiro Chono[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] After the break, [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page [/B]walks down to ringside, [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvsnlBKYvVo"]as Smells Like Teen Spirit-lite, inter miraged with nWo dub overs[/URL], bursts through the arena. Coming behind him is [B]Kimberly Page[/B], who has a concerned look on her face. Page looks tense, as he gets in the ring and flashes the Diamond Cutter signal to the crowd, before raising the microphone, and facing Kimberly Page. "Yo... Kim," Page begins. "You know, I think it's time we got a few things straight. In just over a weeks time, I have to head to Starrcade to face off against Disco Inferno. And you know something, Kim, I think it's time we let the whole world in on a little secret. The truth of the matter in every marriage you need time apart, and Kim, when you're on the road 300 days and nights of the year together, away from the stability of home life, sometimes marriages get tough. And so, perhaps we needed some time apart before Kim, perhaps, just per.." Just then, [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhPoxznnXXc"]Disco Fever[/URL] begins to burn through the arena, and the ultra charismatic former WCW Television Champion, [B]Disco Inferno[/B] waves his hips at the top of the stage in classic Disco style before walking down to the ring, clapping his hands and tapping the hands of the fans at ringside. Once in the ring, he stands on the opposite side of Kimberly, as Page shakes his head. "Yo, what the hell do you want?" Page begins. "Can't you see you've caused enough trouble already." Disco Inferno looks at Kimberly, and as he does so, a tear fills in his eye. Finally, he raises the microphone. "You know Kim, the truth is ... those three weeks were the happiest three weeks of my life," Disco Inferno says. "It's hard to jive the groove on your own, and ... frankly you were my Stephanie Mangano." Dallas Page steps forward between Kim and Disco Inferno. "Bro, you don't know what you're saying," Dallas Page says. "Didn't you hear, what happened before was nothing but a necessary time apart, bro. You got swerved, and for that, I'm not sorry, because frankly I don't care about you one little bit..." "You say it was nothing but a... swerve?" Inferno asks. "Well if anything, I guess you were the one who got swerved." "Can't you see bro, she didn't really love you, man..." "Well, Page, there are certain things that people who are in love... do," Disco smiles and nods, causing Page's teeth to grit. Before anything can happen, Kimberly Page moves forward. "Wait! Wait! Wait! Stop this!" She begins to sob, before raising the microphone again emotionally. "Dallas, it's true, we needed time apart. Things were... they were a mess. And I'm sorry. And I'm sorry to you too, Disco Inferno. Disco, you're a sweet guy. And I now know, that you're the last guy on the face of the planet that I'd want to hurt. The truth is that ... in my mind, in my heart, nothing was straight. Nothing worked. Nothing seemed to make sense. Disco, you're a really sweet guy.. but," Kimberly says as she cries, and looks at her ring finger, "I made a vow." She then turns to a smiling Diamond Dallas Page. "But you know something Dallas, so did you..." With that she wriggles the ring off her finger, starts crying and places it in the unwanted hand of DDP. She cries, as she leaves the ring, running up the aisle. Both men looked shocked, and Disco goes to leave, but before he can, Dallas Page grabs him and the two men go toe to toe. Bang! Bang! Punches! Kicks! This is vicious. Into the corner! Bang! Both men are punching like wild men, and finally, Doug Dillenger and the Fun Police storm the ring. We cut to a break, as we see Kimberly on the stage set crying, Diamond Dallas Page and Disco Inferno separated in the ring, looking up at Kimberly, both looking quite emotional too. [CENTER]---------------------------------------[/CENTER] Before we cut to a break, we are reminded that at Starrcade, the Smashing Pumpkins will be performing! [CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/music_smashing_pumpkins.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Christopher_Daniels28.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/PsicosisMask.jpg[/IMG] The Fallen Angel v Psicosis[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] A high energy match, with some dazzling spots. The planchas to the outside were ludicrous, but buzzed the crowd none the less. Truthfully, a man is unlikely to win a match off the back of one of these due to the location of the fall, but it certainly spikes the excitement of the crowd. The lucha libre element of Psicosis against the slightly more rounded technical feel of the Fallen Angel, this match at times threatened to become aerial ping pong. And probably earlier in the year for Psicosis it would have done so, but it is perhaps a testament to Psicosis' development that just when things seemed to be slipped off the radar he was able to turn momentum over to Fallen Angel to make more sense of proceedings. The end spot was slightly convuluted and difficult to work out, and it required exquisite timing to be pulled off believably. After some quick snap suplexes from the Fallen Angel, Psicosis was able to land a low blow. He then small packaged Fallen Angel, who half rolled through, and suddenly both men found their shoulders on the mat...1...2...3. Who won? Well... the referee declared that it was infact a double pinfall! And possibly that was a fair testament to the match given that both men have worked equally as hard as t'other. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Draw, due to double pinfall[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] Meanwhile, out the back, in the carlot near the entrance, we see some stuttery camera work. Clearly, this is meant to be recorded, it is highly amateurish. Standing on either side of [B]'Easy E' Eric Bischoff[/B] is [B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B] and [B]Scott Hall[/B]. We can't get too close to them, otherwise we'd reveal that this unauthorised footage is being captured. We can see Bischoff being very animated, as Hall and Nash stand there shaking their heads. Nash finally pulls a note out of his jean pocket, and puts in the hand of Bischoff and begins to walk off. Hall pleads his innocence and shakes his head to deny whatever it is is in that note. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/AlexWright6.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/LaParka3.jpg[/IMG] 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright v 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] La Parka danced and swiveled on the steel chair, much to the delight of the fans. La Parka really hasn't had a great run in 1998, nor really has Alex Wright. And so this gave both boogey men the chance to end the year with momentum going into 1999. Alex Wright hit some of his good neckbreakers and german suplexes, but it was La Parka who kept finding momentum with some crisp chain wrestling. And after gaining momentum and winding Wright down, he was able to hit the amazing Corkscrew Moonsault for a stunning pinfall win. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, La Parka[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] After the break, [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RL8SMWtb2g"]the slow Latino beat[/URL] of [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B] hits, and the former WCW Cruiserweight, WCW United States and WCW Television Champion comes out with a grin on his face. He stops halfway down the ring and picks up a poster which shows Raven's former Flock, with a picture of Eddie Guerrero in the corner above the word "Wannabe". Guerrero shakes his head and starts arguing with the paying customer, and Doug Dillenger immediately moves down the aisle to step in between the two. Guerrero then rips the poster in half, before continuing to the ring. "Ora Le! Raven, holmes," Eddie Guerrero begins. "You know something esse, I'm sick to death of you. You make sick inside and out, holmes. These people here are fooled by you, and why? For most of your career here you have sat with them, paying your own way like a ... peasant. But did you ever do anything for them, holmes? Did you? The truth is you didn't esse, but these American morons..." Guerrero grins as they boo, "... took you into their hearts. Why? Because esse, you are a second rate coward, and just like the St Louis Blues, these people support losers..." The [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVUzz3M_D8s"]electronised version of Come As You Are[/URL] hits, and the reigning WCW Television Champion[B] Raven[/B] walks under the Turner Tron. He holds his arms aloft at the top of the stage as the pyros burst out around him. Finally, as they die down, he lifts the microphone. "Eddie Guerrero, you think I'm a second rate coward? You think I've had it easy? I've come straight from the Bowery, brawled with the worst mothers you could ever imagine. I didn't have your normal family life, Eddie, my brothers weren't wrestling superstars who paved the way, Eddie. I've had to do it the hard way, all my life. Just like Monday night, when you slammed your foot into my head. It doesn't cut it Eddie, because I've been through bigger and badder than that. I used to be you, I used to run around asking what about me? What about Raven? But the only one who could ever answer those sort of questions was Raven himself. Just like each and everyone of these great Missourians, people like Ullyses S Grant, Harry Truman and Walter Cronkite, these people who work hard for their living know deep down inside, just like Raven, that for all the New World Order's, for all the Eric Bischoff's, for all the Eddie Guerrero's out there, the only one I'm answerable to is me. And that's what makes my revolution, the One Man Army revolution, a revolution that all these people are privy to, the most important revolution in professional wrestling today. You know Eddie, we could all throw tantrums or throw coffee at ourselves and ask to find an easier way in life... """"holmes"""".... But truthfully, the true question is not what about Eddie Guerrero? The true question is what about it... right here, right now... Because frankly Eddie, I've heard enough of your whinging, so St Louis Missouri, it's time to set this night on Fire. And yeah, you can Quote the Raven, Nevermore!" Raven drops the microphone and races down to the ring, it appears right here now, indeed we are getting a WCW Television Championship match of the highest calibre! [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Raven23.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Eddie_Guerrero16.jpg[/IMG] WCW Television Championship Raven (c) v 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] The events of earlier this evening involved some decent to good wrestling. But nothing, nothing prepared the crowd for what was coming next. For what came next was a wrestling exhibition. Demonstrating excellence chemistry and timing, these two pulled off near fall after near fall, you could argue perhaps it was slightly overbooked in the early going, but then a dazzling session of mat wrestling with some nasty looking innovative holds from Raven in particular slowed the match down to keep the crowd in check somewhat. The slow build ensued, as both men applied submission moves and then moved into the corners for some stiff striking action. It was designed of course to engorge the crowd, the mounted 10 punches in the corners, the slow recovery from sleeper holds, the tension of going high and then finding Raven somehow stop Eddie from flying, and knocking him crotch first onto the top turnbuckle, it kept the crowd engrossed. Some of it was only small, old school spots, but it is these same old school spots that keep grinding the fans to come to WCW events these days. The match wound on and on, and even after a tough period outside where Raven demonstrated his mastery of brutality, after Eddie demonstrated a corkscrew plancha onto Raven, the match remained decidedly even. Eddie finally got hold of Raven, and went for the Three Amigos, but Raven was able to break free mid way through the sequence. Raven then grabbed Eddie's head, and went for the Evenflow! But Eddie had enough presence to roll outside. He slowly slid back into beat the 10 count, and then inside cradled Raven, but a loud bell was heard before the count could be made. What's going on here? Oh my, it looks like the 10 minute limit for WCW Television Championship matches has expired! The only way it looks like we will find a winner between the two is on Pay-Per-View where the time limit does NOT apply. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Time lime draw[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] Wh.. .. What? We're looking in the carpark. What are we looking at? The amateur footage zooms in. OH MY! [B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B] is laid out in the middle of the carpark! A Chrysler is honking at him, and is backing up. Thankfully, it's just a normal motorist, who hops out of the car, and starts checking in on the injured Outsider. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Davey_Boy_Smith5-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Jim_Neidhart2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/LexLuger3.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Big_Show13.jpg[/IMG] 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart v 'The Total Package' Lex Luger and the Giant[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] A fairly stock standard tag job match, really. Lex Luger and the Giant were always going over, despite some punishing work from Jim Neidhart on Lex Luger for a minute or two which was used to drive the crowd into overdrive supporting Luger's big bionic elbow laiden comeback. Eventually though, poor Davey Boy felt the pain of hell when he was Chokeslammed by the Giant for a simple and nonchalant boot on the chest pinfall. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winners, The Giant and Lex Luger[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] Backstage, at the entrance to the arena, we see a very tearful [B]Kimberly Page[/B] get in the driver's set of a red Coupe, we can't see who the driver is as the car speeds away. Meanwhile, in the center of the carpark, [B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B] is seen groggily sitting up, as [B]Curt Hennig[/B] comes to his aide. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Hulk_Hogan31-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Bill_Goldberg4.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Sting52.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/DDP6.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Konnan10.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/BuffBagwell-1.jpg[/IMG] Hulk Hogan, Bill Goldberg and Sting v 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page, 'K-Dawg' Konnan and Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] I won't describe this one move for move, because frankly, arm twist, choke hold, arm drag, elbow etc are notoriously boring and are exactly what this match served up. The only two to get any pace into the match were Sting, and, surprisingly, Konnan. Konnan was the one who seemed to be embracing this main even opportunity more than most, and indeed Sting and Konnan worked a four minute segment that had some good spots in it. Hogan was his usual self. He's a believer in sometimes the less done, the better. And it seems to work. The crowd play off it, so if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Hogan and Goldberg tagged well and you could sense their face synergy and the crowd really got in behind that. The ending again was rather overdone, and fabricated. Bret 'The Hitman' Hart raced down to ringside and got on the apron to elbow Sting to the head, Buff Bagwell tried to roll up Sting, but before the pin could be administered Goldberg and Hogan kicked Bagwell away. Sting crawled over, but was pulled back by Bagwell. The usual ho-hum heel response to tag in a partner happened, and Konnan came in. Sting was put into a sleeper, but the face pop helped him out miraculously, and he scrambled to the corner to Goldberg. Konnan turned to Bagwell and tagged him in, Bagwell comically looked bemused by it all, but before he could tag himself out to avoid Goldberg he found himself getting Speared. Page ran in... so did Hogan... Big Boot from Hogan! Revenge! Konnan ran in, and Hogan grabbed him and thrust him into the corner. Sting ran in.. Stinger Splash on Konnan! Goldberg picked up Bagwell... Jackhammer! Goodnight nurse! [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winners, Hulk Hogan, Bill Goldberg and Sting[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] Post match, as [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] lunges for another attack on [B]Sting[/B], [B]Hulk Hogan[/B] and [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] unite and clothesline the Excellence of Execution out of the ring. Hulk Hogan holds Goldberg's arm up, and then Goldberg, as he is leaving the ring, is asked to remain with Hogan. Hogan begins waving the ear to the crowd, and nods his head, and Bill Goldberg immediately starts doing the same!

[QUOTE=ColtCabana;800192]Loved the Jericho promo and am very interested to see how the Nash and Hall situation works out. [B]Quick Picks[/B] WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Ultimo Dragon[/B] (c) v Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger [B]Booker T[/B] v Lenny Lane [B]Lance Storm[/B] v Masahiro Chono The Fallen Angel v [B]Psicosis[/B] [B]'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka[/B] v 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright WCW Television Championship: [B]Raven[/B] (c) v 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero [B]The Giant and 'The Total Package' Lex Luger[/B] v Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart and 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith [B]Sting, Bill Goldberg and Hulk Hogan[/B] v 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page, 'K-Dawg' Konnan and Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell Not convinced on my main event pick, both Sting and DDP both need a "bounce back" win. Sting, Goldberg and Hogan seems to be a sure win but Goldberg and Hogan together may cost the "dream team" the victory. Both may ride the "ego train" to failure![/QUOTE] Thanks mate, you are right, I suppose the main eventers were the alleged babyface dream team of the day. Thanks for the positive feedback on the Chris Jericho promo, I enjoy very much putting together his promos... usually I have a fair idea of where I'm heading which each promo, but I find when I'm writing them out that I get carried away because there's just so much fun stuff you can do with a condescending Chris Jericho. [QUOTE=totti;800945]WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Ultimo Dragon (c)[/B] v Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger [I]I think he'll hold it until Starrcade, but then again, you'd would probably end up with every title changing hands at the PPV.[/I] [B]Booker T[/B] v Lenny Lane [I]I see a US Title run for Booker sometime next year.[/I] Lance Storm v [B]Masahiro Chono[/B] [I]He's looking like a great bet for a good year in 99.[/I] [B]The Fallen Angel[/B] v Psicosis [I]I'd like to see him capture the Cruiserweight Title at Starrcade.[/I] [B]'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka[/B] v 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright [I]Wouldn't be surprised if this goes the other way.[/I] WCW Television Championship:[B] Raven (c)[/B] v 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero [I]Are we looking at a rematch for Starrcade?[/I] [B]The Giant and 'The Total Package' Lex Luger[/B] v Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart and 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith [I]Can't look past The Giant here although i do like me some Bulldog.[/I] [B]Sting, Bill Goldberg and Hulk Hogan[/B] v 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page, 'K-Dawg' Konnan and Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell [I]Just look at the Starr power on that team.[/I] Keep them coming man.[/QUOTE] I think the time-limit draw answers the question on the Eddie-Raven match :D Thanks as always for the tips, much appreciated. [QUOTE=cmdrsam;801196]WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Ultimo Dragon (c)[/B] v Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger [B]Booker T[/B] v Lenny Lane Lance Storm v [B]Masahiro Chono[/B] [B]The Fallen Angel[/B] v Psicosis [B]'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka[/B] v 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright WCW Television Championship: [B]Raven (c)[/B] v 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero [B]The Giant and 'The Total Package' Lex Luger[/B] v Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart and 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith [B]Sting, Bill Goldberg and Hulk Hogan[/B] v 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page, 'K-Dawg' Konnan and Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell[/QUOTE] What up, holmes. Thanks again for the tips, yo. [QUOTE=Bigpapa42;801221]WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Ultimo Dragon [/B](c) v Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger [B]Booker T[/B] v Lenny Lane [B]Lance Storm[/B] v Masahiro Chono The Fallen Angel v [B]Psicosis[/B] 'The Chairman of WCW' [B]La Parka[/B] v 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright WCW Television Championship: [B]Raven [/B](c) v 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero [B]The Giant and 'The Total Package' Lex Luger[/B] v Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart and 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith [B]Sting, Bill Goldberg and Hulk Hogan [/B]v 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page, 'K-Dawg' Konnan and Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell[/QUOTE] And the master of disaster drops by to the WCW Saturday Night Interview Center for his tips, thanks again broheim. [QUOTE=MattitudeV2;801276]WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Ultimo Dragon [/B](c) v Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger [B]Booker T[/B] v Lenny Lane [B]Lance Storm[/B] v Masahiro Chono [B]The Fallen Angel[/B] v Psicosis 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka v [B]'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright[/B] WCW Television Championship: [B]Raven [/B](c) v 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero [B]The Giant and 'The Total Package' Lex Luger[/B] v Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart and 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith [B]Sting, Bill Goldberg and Hulk Hogan[/B] v 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page, 'K-Dawg' Konnan and Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell[/QUOTE] wwemattitude.com says "Matt Hardy thinks WCW Thursday Thunder was horrible compared to SmackDown!". WCW.com says "Thanks once again to the Mattitudev2 for his tips." Heh. Alright, well ladies and gentlemen, for your viewing pleasure, grab a box of candy and some duff beer, because this is what is in store at WCW Monday Nitro. The really... really.... REALLY exciting thing is, this is the last Monday Nitro before the Grand-daddy of 'em all, WCW Starrcade 1998. And to celebrate, this Nitro is ssssstttaccccckkkkeeeed! So one last Nitro, one last Thunder, and then the apocalyptic war between the good Horsemen and the evil nWo. [CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/mondaynitro.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B]Quick Picks[/B] WCW Tag Team Championships: Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn) (c) v The Extreme Innovators (Perry Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon) WCW Cruiserweight Championship: Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger (c) v Hector Garza Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) v Sting and 'The Total Package' Lex Luger WCW Television Championship: Raven (c) v Chavo Guerrero Jr 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash and 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page v Hulk Hogan and Scott Hall The Great Muta v Rey Mysterio Jr The Human Suplex Machines ('The Human Suplex Machine' Taz and 'Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner) v 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v Bill Goldberg The Giant v 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho and Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell v 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair and WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit

some excellent booking that show, the time limit draw was great. WCW Tag Team Championships: [B]Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn)[/B] (c) v The Extreme Innovators (Perry Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon) WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger[/B] (c) v Hector Garza Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) v [B]Sting and 'The Total Package' Lex Luger[/B] WCW Television Championship: [B]Raven[/B] (c) v Chavo Guerrero Jr [B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash and 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] v Hulk Hogan and Scott Hall The Great Muta v [B]Rey Mysterio Jr[/B] [B]The Human Suplex Machines ('The Human Suplex Machine' Taz and 'Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner)[/B] v 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] The Giant v [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B] WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho and Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair and WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B]

[B]WCW Tag Team Championships: Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn) [/B](c) v The Extreme Innovators (Perry Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon) WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger (c)[/B] v Hector Garza [I]Lyger's having a great run with the title and I see no reason to lose it.[/I] Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) v [B]Sting and 'The Total Package' Lex Luger[/B] [I]I'm pretty sure this will be a squash match.[/I] WCW Television Championship: Raven (c) v [B]Chavo Guerrero Jr[/B] [I]I know that I'm most probably pulling for the underdog here but I'd like to see a Chavo push, and he's more talented in the ring than Raven, sure.[/I] 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash and 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page v [B]Hulk Hogan and Scott Hall[/B] [I]I can see Hulk Hogan pinning DDP to get the victory for his team here.[/I] The Great Muta v [B]Rey Mysterio Jr[/B] [I]Mysterio can be a great talent for you and at this stage in his career he's as quick and athletic as any other Cruiserweight on the WCW roster, win.[/I] [B]The Human Suplex Machines ('The Human Suplex Machine' Taz and 'Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner)[/B] v 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] v Bill Goldberg [I]This should be a very interesting match, but I can't see Goldberg getting past the Excellence of Execution all too easily.[/I] [B]The Giant[/B] v 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero [I]On the same show as his nephew Chavo wins the TV title, Eddie Guerrero will get annihilated by the Giant, as he has to remain strong, for sure.[/I] [B]WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho and Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell[/B] v 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair and WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit

You really put a lot of effort into nailing that opening segment to every show and I love it every time. It gets me into the show from the off, great work there mate. The build towards Starrcade is brilliant as always. I can't wait to read some of those matches. WCW Tag Team Championships: [B]Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn) (c)[/B] v The Extreme Innovators (Perry Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon) [I]I think Saturn and Kanyon could easily be viable Champions at this point, but here i'll stick with Thrilla to retain.[/I] WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger (c)[/B] v Hector Garza [I]Personally i'd like to see something like a mutiple man ladder match at Starrcade for this belt. Something to really show off just how good this division is in your company. It would be tough to improve the card as it is practically perfect already, but for me that would be the way to do it.[/I] Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) v [B]Sting and 'The Total Package' Lex Luger[/B] [I]Shouldn't be too difficult for them. Nice to see Luger and Sting teaming together aswell.[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]Raven (c)[/B] v Chavo Guerrero Jr [I]Guerrero's overness will probably be good after such a good tag title reign so a win for Raven here would be impressive.[/I] 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash and 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page v [B]Hulk Hogan and Scott Hall[/B] [I]Just because Hogan could really use this win ahead of his match with Goldberg. Bill looked strong last week gaining the pinfall in the main event.[/I] The Great Muta v [B]Rey Mysterio Jr[/B] [I]I seem to remember Mysterio having a win over Bret earlier so I think a solid victory here will help him build on that and maybe enter the United States Title fight as we head into 99.[/I] [B]The Human Suplex Machines ('The Human Suplex Machine' Taz and 'Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner)[/B] v 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart [I]Steiner and Taz make a great team in my book. I really like them tagging together.[/I] Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] [I]I think Goldberg has to win here unless its tainted somehow. I don't think Goldberg after such a long run unbeaten an lose two matches in such a short space of time unless its at a PPV.[/I] [B]The Giant[/B] v 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero [I]I have to go with The Giant here as much as I like Eddie and want him to win it. The Giant will be a big time player next year and his momentum has been building and building this past month or so.[/I] WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho and Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair and WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] [I]Anyone but Bagwell and I might have gone with Jericho to win this one. I wouldn't rule out a sneaky little role up from him though.[/I] You weren't kidding when you said stacked! Looking forward to what you have in store for us though on the final Nitro before the big one. Gonna be a great show mate.

WCW Tag Team Championships: [B]Thrillapalooza [/B](Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn) (c) v The Extreme Innovators (Perry Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon) WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger [/B](c) v Hector Garza Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) v Sting and 'The Total Package' Lex Luger WCW Television Championship: [B]Raven [/B](c) v Chavo Guerrero Jr [B] 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash and 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] v Hulk Hogan and Scott Hall The Great Muta v [B]Rey Mysterio Jr[/B] [B]The Human Suplex Machines[/B] ('The Human Suplex Machine' Taz and 'Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner) v 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] v Bill Goldberg [B]The Giant[/B] v 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho and Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair and WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/mondaynitro.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] "By the rockets red glare," [B]Tony Schiavone[/B] announces as red and gold pyros burst into the ceiling of the arena, "We come to live from the home of the Chicago Bulls, the United Arena, for what promises to be a spectacular WCW Monday Nitro." The pyro rockets dissepate finally, and we pan around the crowd - there's Chicago Bears, Chicago Bulls, nWo and Four Horsemen merchandise assembled around a raging audience, before Tony Schiavone cuts in again. "Hello everybody, I'm Tony Schiavone, and with me for this special three hour edition of WCW Monday Nitro, just six days, SIX DAYS, from what promises to be the most historic night in professional wrestling history is Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan and 'Living Legend' Larry Zbysko. And guys, some are calling Starrcade, which will come to you live and exclusive to Pay-Per-View from the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, some are labelling it Armageddon. Because it promises to be a war on earth as Chris Benoit of the Four Horsemen takes on the reigning WCW World Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho of the New World in an Ultimate Iron Match. But not does is promise to be perhaps the match of the decade given the calibre of athletic talent going one on one in that ring, but there several important stipulations. Not least of all that if anyone interferes in the match, their contract is destroyed and they will be banned for life from World Championship Wrestling. Not only is it for the most prestigious Championship in all of professional sport, but Bobby Heenan, it is also for the future of World Championship Wrestling, or really, for professional wrestling as we know it, for if Chris Benoit is able to win then the New World Order must disband, and should Chris Jericho retain the Championship, then... well, all licenses, all contracts, all trademarks, all programming slots, they all revert to the New World Order, Bobby Heenan." "These hameneggers won't know what's hit them Tony," [B]Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan[/B] says. "They think they've seen it all over these past two to three years that we've had Monday Nitro on the air becoming the staple diet of professional wrestling around the globe, but Schiavone, I can assure you, nothing will compare to what will happen at Starrcade." "And that's a bold statement Bobby," [B]'Living Legend' Larry Zbysko[/B] adds. "Because for the past three years, since Monday Nitro came about and then for the past two years when the New World Odour came about, nothing has been the same in Larry-land. The whole world of professional wrestling got flip turned upside down, and all those roads have led to this coming Sunday at Starrcade, and while it is a bold statement Bobby, Tony, I have no doubt that is a fair one." [CENTER]--------------------------------------[/CENTER] Meanwhile, backstage, [B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B] irish whips [B]Scott Hall[/B] into a large scale stereo speaker. Nash has a look of rage written all over his face, complete and utter contempt for his long time ally. What is underlying beyond this intense friction between Hall and Nash, the Outsiders, is unknown to us at this present time. Nash then picks up one of the large scraps of steel lying around, and clutches it in his right hand, smacking it into his left hand. Menancingly he stands above the fallen corpse of Hall, but as he winds it back to slam his comrade, the immortal [B]Hulk Hogan[/B] arrives fortunately on the scene, and pulls the object from Nash's hand before he can strike. Nash turns around, infuriated, seething at the presence of Hogan. Hogan wags his finger in the face of Nash, who grits his teeth. "Hogan... You're in my yard now," Nash says. Nash picks up another table that stands behind him and Hogan, and throws it against the wall. "You were once the big dog Hogan, those days are gone." "Well Kevin Nash, if that's how its got to be man, then that's how it's going to be. And we could stand out here till the end of the night brother, and we could slam each other with this and that until the stars above circle, but brother, that won't resolve anything..." "Oh...," Nash says as he rubs his hands with glee, "Don't worry Hogan... you'll get yours..." Eventually the security team arrive, as we fade away from this very, very tense situation. [CENTER]-----------------------------------[/CENTER] Meanwhile, the scything rift of [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] hits the airwaves, as the legendary second generation superstar steps forth under the Turner Tron. He stops at the top of the ramp and puts his arms out, and says... whatever it is he usually says, and continues to walk down the ramp. He has a black leather jacket on, and rounded sunglasses. He walks into the ring, and takes the microphone from David Penzer, before peering above, to see that Sting is not in the rafters. "It's great being in the northern part of the States again," Bret Hart says with a slight smile, "Chicago is a city of Champions and I feel privileged to be here tonight on WCW Monday Nitro. In six short days time I get to face Sting, one on one, Sharpshooter versus the Scorpion Death Lock in a best of three submission match. And as it happens, that to me sounds like a very serious challenge. To be ready for a challenge as great as that, even the Excellence of Execution needs match practice. Now, when I came to the WCW, one particular wrestler stuck out as a sore thumb. Someone who was raw, who was unique, who has perhaps become one of the most powerful wrestlers in the world today. Infact, he is the most powerful wrestler going around today. So, Bill Goldberg, come on down!" [I]GOLDBERG! GOLDBERG! GOLDBERG! GOLDBERG! GOLDBERG! GOLDBERG![/I] The thumping, march like beat of B[B]ill Goldberg[/B]'s hit, and the cornerstone of the Four Horsemen himself is seen in the back, head butting his blue steel locker door. We can see a smidgen of blood, as we walks from the locker room through the winding back hallways. "I wonder why he needs so much security?" [B]Tony Schiavone[/B] asks. "It's not that he needs the protection, the other wrestlers asked for protection from him," [B]'Living Legend' Larry Zbysko[/B] explains. Goldberg walks through the curtain, and to the bottom of the ramp, where smoke and gold pyros sizzle all around him. After the pyros explode, Goldberg thrusts his left and right arm powerfully as the crowd continue to chant his name emphatically. He storms his way to the ring, spitting out one huck of excess saliva, before storming into the ring, face to face with Bret Hart. Goldberg flicks a smile, as Hart nods a nod of respect. Hart goes to raise the microphone, but waits, as the crowd continuing chanting for this epic warrior. [I]GOLDBERG! GOLDBERG! GOLDBERG! GOLDBERG![/I] "You know something Bill Goldberg," Bret Hart begins, "I have this... crazy feeling, that over the course of the next few years, these people are going to hear a lot of the names Bret Hart and Bill Goldberg. And Bill, I know as well as you, that being in that locker room together, things can and do happen. What I'm saying Bill, is I'm quite certain that sooner or later we're going to end up facing off against each other in very important circumstances on Pay-Per-View. But you know something Bill, I already have a very tough match this coming Sunday at Starrcade. And I need to get match ready. So as far as I'm concerned Bill, the truth of the matter is that I could kill two birds with one stone. You see, most people see me as a fairly methodical, patient man, but the fact of the matter is, I too like to give these fans something to talk about. I don't believe in waiting for something so important Bill, so what I'm suggesting is this. How about right here, tonight, here in Chicago, Illinois, in front of twenty thousand screaming fans... we make it Bret 'The Hitman' Hart, the Excellence of Execution, the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be... against Bill Goldberg?" Hart sticks his right hand out, but Goldberg drops down into stance pose, and spits another huck. "Bret Hart," he says with a throaty chuckle, "YOU'RE NEXT!" Hart smiles, as Goldberg keeps an eye on his competitor, as we fade to our first break. As we head to the break, the commentators highlight by way of graphic that indeed tonight, Bill Goldberg faces Bret 'The Hitman' Hart, exclusively live here on Monday Nitro! [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/BillyKidman-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Jerry_Lynn6.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Perry_Saturn8.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/ChrisKanyonkyky.jpg[/IMG] WCW World Tag Team Championships Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn) (c) v The Extreme Innovators (Perry Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon)[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] A typically enthusiastic fast paced match to open Nitro up. The high quick spots of Lynn and Kidman intermingled with intermittent adventurous, innovative spots by the Extreme Innovators kept this match moving at a thunderous pace. The Innovators were constantly on the back foot, but their mastery of the counter always gave them hope. However, that hope was extinguished by way of a Cradle Piledriver from Jerry Lynn on Chris Kanyon following a quick sharp chain wrestling spot involving all four combatants criss crossing the ring in erratic fashion. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winners, and STILL WCW Tag Team Champions, Thrillapalooza[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] Meanwhile, backstage, [B]Scott Hall [/B]is sitting in the hallway, with a bag of ice to the back of his skull. Coming back to the scene of the crime is none other than the immortal [B]Hulk Hogan[/B]. The red and yellow attired superstar stands above Hall, before holding out his right hand, for Hall to grab onto. Hall pulls himself up, and pulls himself closer to Hogan. There is a tense stand off, before Hogan pipes up. "You know something brother," Hulk Hogan begins, "After I left you after Kevin came after to you earlier in the evening, I got to thinking, brother. It seems to me brother that a lot of things have changed for you and I these past six months, dude. You know something though brother, the whole world of professional wrestling is about to change, man. You see, as I rode my Harley Davidson here today brother, and I looked up to the Crimson sun I realised things aren't the same, man. I realised that the more I thought they could stay the same, the more things changed for the better. So why not get a head start man, tonight, here in Chicago, the scene of many of our greatest hits brother, for these fans, why not have Hulk Hogan and Scott Hall team up against Kevin Nash and Diamond Dallas Page. Revenge brother, retribution, because WHATCHA GONNA DO, WHATC.." "Yo, yo, chico," Hall says as he puts the tooth pick behind his ear. "Consider the original bad guy.... IN!" Hogan smiles, as we fade away. [CENTER]-------------------------------[/CENTER] "I know amigo, I can't believe it either," [B]Rey Mysterio Jr[/B] says as he walks the hallways with [B]Chavo Guerrero Jr[/B]. "Billy Kidman is doing Jerry's sister, and amigo, he has NO idea.." "What next, man?" Chavo laughs. "Perhaps, some interactive web community where you post photos of each other and punch each other in the leg and go snow sledding or something.. some kind of book..." "Dude, you are CCRAAAZZZZZYYYY," Rey responds. As they pass by joking, we can see the World Tag Team Championship [B]Jerry Lynn[/B] sitting there, listening intently. [CENTER]-------------------------------[/CENTER] [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair [/B]is seen standing in the hallowed hallways of the United Arena, and with him he has [B]'Mean' Gene Okerlund[/B]. They are standing outside a door marked 'E Bischoff'. "Nature Boy Ric Flair, what is the meaning of all this, with you asking me to join you here outside Eric Bischoff's office?" Okerlund asks. "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! MEAN BY GOD GENE! Brother, it sure does feel good having you back to right coat tail on the oldest ride in the park that still has the longest line, Space Mountain, because brother, as you know as we've driven down all the highways of North America and having wrestled in front of over 100,000 in South East Asia brother, that everywhere Ric Flair goes, he's kissed all the girls brother. It is what it is to be the Nature Boy..." "So you pulled me out here to talk about all the lovely ladies?" "MEAN BY GOD GENE!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!! Stay with the program. You're talking to slick Ric, the Nature Boy, the sixteen time, count 'em brother, sixteen time World Heavyweight Champion. It's very simple Mean Gene, everything I said I'd do in my career, I've accomplished brother. Everytime I made a promise, I completed it to perfection. You see, when you walk that aisle over 10,000 times in your career, and all you crave is ten pounds of gold which was usually strapped around one hell of a man, one hell of a body, a man with guts, fortitude, something Mean Gene brother that this man in here, Bischoff, is very short of. Let me show you something Mean WOOO BY GOD Gene..." Flair turns to the door and knocks on it, but he hears no answer. "I know you're in there, pal!" Flair exclaims. Flair goes to turn the door knob, but it won't budge. He turns back to Okerlund with a smug smile on his face. "When you see a little bird inside a cage, what does the bird do, Gene? It hides. It hides because it fears for its life. And when you see a low life, no good son of a [BEEP] like this piece of [BEEP] in here... WOOOOOOOO!! Nothing changes. I've seen it time and time again, brother, these corrupt executives who think they can over power what all these millions upon millions of Four Horsemen fans want. They want guts, they want honour, they want tradition, they want competition, brother. Most of them have come on down and followed the Nature Boy through the NWA through Jim Crockett Promotions and now here to World Championship Wrestling brother, and many of them have seen and heard of the Jim Herd's of this world, well brother, as I live and breathe, that man in there is ten times worse. Ten times worse! But the fact is Mean Gene, in six days time, I'm going to do everybody a favour. Not only do I help restore World Championship Wrestling to it's former glory brother, but I take a shot for each and every man around the World who's been victimised, who's been cheated, who's been frauded by the corporate suit in their lives. Brother, when I slip on that Figure Four Leglock and I hear the muscles, the tendons, the veins pop in his leg, when I hear the excruciating pitter patter of his cold black heart intensify, I will be doing it for every fan whose stayed true, brother. Because brother, at Starrcade 1998, it's a Flair for Justice, and brother, when I walk that aisle, Eric Bischoff will know he's facing the Nature Boy, slick Ric, limousine riding, jet flying, wheeling dealing son of a gun... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Because Gene, this coward here is going to find out that diamonds are forever, and brother... so is Ric Flair and justice!" Flair struts, as he leaves Okerlund bemused. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/JushinLiger.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Hector_Garza2.jpg[/IMG] WCW Cruiserweight Championship Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger (c) v Hector Garza[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] A fairly clear and decisive victory from the Champion. Fresh from regaining the Championship last week, Lyger really controlled the tempo of the match well, ending the match with the Brainbuster on Garza for the pinfall. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, and STILL WCW Cruiserweight Champion, Jushin Lyger[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] Post match, the Champion [B]Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger [/B]holds the Championship aloft, standing on the middle turnbuckle facing the crowd. However, what he has not realised is the fast approaching [B]Ultimo Dragon[/B], who slides into the ring and slams a chair over the back of the Champion. Ultimo Dragon then drops the chair, and quickly lifts Jushin into the Dragon Sleeper! "My God! Someone help that man," [B]Tony Schiavone[/B] implores. "That hamenegger wants his Championship match, even if it means the current Champion becomes Chop Suey for him to have a free shot at it," [B]Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan [/B]comments. Eventually, WCW Security storm the ring, and are able to get Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger clear of the former Champion's clutches. [CENTER]-----------------------------------------[/CENTER] Backstage, [B]'Mean' Gene Okerlund[/B] enters the office of[B] 'Easy E' Eric Bischoff[/B], who is sitting smugly on his leather recliner. "Eric Bischoff, what is the meaning of all this?" Okerlund asks. "Meaning of what, Gene?" "The meaning of calling me in here when only moments ago you refused to let Ric Flair enter.." "Very simple, Gene. You see, for my own protection, I've gained a protection order from one Ric Flair. Have you heard of his comments, Gene? The man is delusional. And frankly, and sadly from his perspective, when you're a man in my position, it comes with power. And when something has power, it has privilege. Ric Flair should know that already, for all the comments he's made, he's the one whose abused his power more than any other in his professional wrestling career, only holding this promotion, World Championship Wrestling, to ransom. There's a lot I could say about Ric Flair, and some of his reasons behind his notorious absences, and I can assure you Gene, that very little of it has to do with his regard for the fans, but rather... well, let's not go there ... at least not tonight," he says with a smug smile. "But... what we will do tonight, on this extra special three hour edition of WCW Monday Nitro... Gene... Because I love this job so much, tonight, I'm giving Ric Flair a shot. You see, Ric, it seems to me you have a lot of pent up tension. And it seems to me that my cavalier warrior Chris Jericho, the World Heavyweight Champion, rightfully deserves a shot at Chris Benoit. So... tonight, Ric Flair, lace up the boots... and walk the ole aisle, because tonight, it will be 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho and Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell against 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair and 'The Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit..." There is an awkward period of silence, as Bischoff looks extremely happy with his actions. "Well, isn't there somewhere you could be, Okerlund?" Bischoff says with a look of contempt, as we fade out. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/LaParka3.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Lizmark_Jr.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Sting25.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/LexLuger3.jpg[/IMG] Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) v Sting and 'The Total Package' Lex Luger[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] A slower match. Really, it was nothing more than a squash, as while La Parka had some fun, comicky spots, Lizmark Jr was really out of his depth. Lex Luger collected the win following the Torture Rack on Lizmark Jr. La Parka tried to make the save, but he was whipped into the corner and decapitated with the Stinger Splash. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winners, Sting and Lex Luger[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] A video plays highlighting the tormented build to [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] and [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B], the reigning WCW World Heavyweight Champion, in the Ultimate Iron Match from Hell at Starrcade: It is a match for the coveted WCW World Heavyweight Championship, the most fabled prize in all of professional sports. * The two brightest stars of 1998, 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho of the New World Order, and 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit, go one on one * The match will feature no interference, for anyone who intereferes... * ...Will... *....Be... *....FIRED! * It will be an Ultimate... * Iron... *...Match * A match of the Gods of wrestling, in the pits of hell * 60 minutes of excruciating hell * A match to stop the wrestling world * Not only will one man perish with his dreams dashed... * ... But the very men he represents will have to disband. * It will either be the death of the Four Horsemen, or the New World Order * As HISTORY... is made! [CENTER]---------------------------[/CENTER] Meanwhile, out at the entrance to the arena, on a soap box, the World Heavyweight Champion [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B] stands with a massive roll of dot matrix printer paper, and a bell. He rings the bell. "Hear ye! Hear ye! I, the great ruler of the wrestling world... The... Greatest... Athlete... Alive... Today... Doth bring to you in kind spirit the following proclamation. As the holder of the WCW United States Champion, the Zipping Zebra Chris Benoit is the rightful ruler of the following nations. USA. Thank you. Now, doth bring to your attentioneth that Lionheart Chris Jericho, by virtue of being the WCW World Heavyweight Champion is the reigning ruler of the following countries. In no particular order... Canada North Korea South Korea All the former states of the Soviet Union China Ghana Mozambique.." We fade away, as Jericho continues his proclamation to ... well, no one... [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Raven23.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Chavo_Guerrero12.jpg[/IMG] WCW Television Championship Raven (c) v Chavo Guerrero Jr[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] A much better match than it's predecessor. It was a notch or two below the excellent match witnessed last week between Eddie and Raven, with Eddie's nephew Chavo still learning some of his craft here in WCW, despite an excellent Tag Team Championship reign. Chavo's work was largely spotty, and confined to counters, whereas Raven controlled the tempo well, using the corners and taking him to the hell that is Raven's domain beyond the ring. Raven ended the bout with the Evenflow DDT, after Chavo rebounded chest first off the corner turnbuckle courtesy of a hard raking irish whip. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, and STILL WCW Television Champion, Raven[/CENTER][/SIZE][/QUOTE] "Another great win," [B]Tony Schiavone[/B] comments. "He is fast becoming another great WCW Television Champion. And boy, aren't we getting them coming fast and furious in this spirited division. Speaking of great Champions, the match at Starrcade between whom we assume to be Raven and Eddie Guerrero promises to be truly spectacular, take a look at the following footage..." We have a gold sepia tinged video package which: [LIST] [*]To a thumping, heart beat highlights the very best of [B]Raven[/B] and [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B]. Indeed it is the backing beat to [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CnSTSixzcg"]Guns N' Roses' song, Coma[/URL] [*]We observe several moments from their runs at WCW Television Champion [*]We see the flirtatious misdemeanours of Eddie Guerrero [*]The dazzling hardcore action of Raven that has had many critics label the area outside the ring 'Raven's Domain' [*]We see the Frog Splash, and many various versions of it at that [*]We see the drop kick delivere by Eddie Guerrero to the head of the current Television Champion, when the Champion was helplessly tied upside down in the corner [*]We see respect being shown by Raven, but none reciprocated by the canniving, sly Eddie Guerrero [*]"Pound for pound, two of the greatest in the world today... [*]...With a burning desire for success... [*]...At any cost!" [/LIST] [CENTER]------------------------------[/CENTER] Back to [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B], the WCW World Heavyweight Champion who is still outside... "The former states that make up the Persian Union... Netherland Antilles.... Peru... Cuba... Jamaica... Ooh I want to take ya.. Bermuda.. Bahamas... Come on pretty mama.. Key Lago.. Montego.. Baby why don't we go... Florida Keys..." We fade away as he continues to scroll through his list. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/KevinNash4.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/DDP6.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Hulk_Hogan31-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/ScottHall4.jpg[/IMG] 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash and 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page v Hulk Hogan and Scott Hall[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] A slow, methodical, largely mat and corner intensive old school bout. Dallas Page and Nash kept Hogan and Hall in the corners largely, cutting the ring off well and using old school heel tactics to control the tag momentums. Just when the crowd started getting in behind Hogan and Hall, the latter put his head on the turnbuckle, seemingly disinterested with the situation. With a glare to Kevin Nash who dared him to come into the ring, Hall turn and climbed down from the apron and proceeded to walk to the back. Hogan tried valiantly to stay in it, and he rode the crowd's pop for him for two minutes, but finally DDP finished him off with the Diamond Cutter. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winners, Kevin Nash and Diamond Dallas Page[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] With [B]Hulk Hogan[/B] trying to battle back to his feet, [B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B] drops the elbow over the neck of Hogan, dropping the legend back to the mat. His hair (or what's left of it), drenched in sweat from the four moves he pulled off in the match, Hogan still desperately, almost like a blind man reaching for a feel at Hooters, tries to grab onto something to get back up. But all he can grab off onto is the anti-MILF Kevin Nash, who drives his foot into the jaw of Hogan. Nash drops down his top strap, which is not as exciting and pant tingling as it sounds, and looks set to set Hogan up for the Jackknife. Indeed, Hogan is helped up, without use of a walking stick, and Hogan's head cops a nice firm cop of Nash's hickory-honey-ham love prunes, but before Nash can lift the allegedly 300 pound Hogan up, [B]Disco Inferno[/B] and [B]Bill Goldberg [/B]storm down to ringside, and Nash, slides out to the ring to the protection of his partner, the ever adoring[B] 'Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B]. Goldberg helps Hogan out, and Hogan looks on, paralysed staring into the eyes of Goldberg as the tension builds. It's like watching Clark Gable and Vivien Leigh at their best, as the crowd clap and pound their feet in recognition of Goldberg and Hogan standing together. Eventually Hogan throws his arms around Goldberg, and although he threatens to slip the tongue, as we fade to a break we merely see two legends of the rough and tumble sport of professional wrestling hugging in the center of the ring. Forget Dallas, forget Days of Our Lives, forget Beverly Hills MILF 90210, WCW is where it's at for passion and drama baby. After all, TNT equals great drama. [CENTER]-----------------------------------[/CENTER] Back outside, after the break, [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B], the reigning World Heavyweight Champion carries on his list. "The Kingdom of the Beatles The Kingdom of the Lion The Realms of Heaven Zanzibar Portugal All the permanent residents of the Love Boat ...Barring the handle bar mo because that is simply unrulable by a mere mortal... Penny Lane Strawberry Fields Heartbreak Hotel The Brazilian Antilles The Brazilian Love Canal... In the Ghettos..." [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/thGreat_Muta2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Rey_Mysterio28.jpg[/IMG] The Great Muta v Rey Mysterio Jr[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Great Muta's snappy offence, snappy martial arts kicks that sting and keep stinging, and the snapping suplexes were on show in a very good bout here. He had time to try for his athletic Mutasault, but Rey Mysterio Jr quickly sprung to the ropes himself, surprising Muta and taking him down with a Frankensteiner. From this point, Rey took control, despite some attempted comebacks from Muta. [B] Masahiro Chono[/B] raced down to ringside, and he attempted to hit the Kenka Kick on Rey, but the former Tag Champion ducked, and hit a spinning heel kick of his own on Chono who fell backwards, head first into the crotch of Muta, who doubled over in agony. Rey quickly sprung to the steel cable rope and hit the Hurricanrana and rolled him for a quick pinfall, before high tailing it out of the ring. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Rey Mysterio Jr[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] Meanwhile, backstage, WCW World Tag Team Champion [B]Jerry Lynn[/B] is still walking tensely backstage, backwards and forth, when he runs into the shoulder accidentally of[B] 'Macho Man' Randy Savage[/B]. Lynn dismisses it, and keeps looking down, seemingly in a world of thought. "Yeah, what's your problem?" Savage asks. Jerry Lynn continues to think, and ignores Savage. "I said yeah, what's your problem?" Again there's no answer. Suddenly, Savage shoves Lynn against the wall. "Yeah, you don't ignore the Macho Man. Yeah, these veins pump with madness brother... OOOOH YEAH! What's your problem?" "Its...Its... I ... I feel like the whole world is laughing at me, Randy," Jerry Lynn confides. "I know not many people know of it, but those that do... well..." "You mean about Billy Kidman and your group's little wench, yeah..." "My sister.." "Yeah, you could say that," Savage continued. "What, you knew too?" "Brother, who didn't?! Even Hugh Morrus knew yeah and that guy doesn't hear much in between laughing." "What about Silver King?" "Yeah, he can't speak much English," Savage says as he scratches his chin. Jerry Lynn breathes a huge sigh of relief, "Come to think of it, yeah, Silver King did crack some joke backstage earlier tonight. Yeah, he knows too..." Jerry Lynn shakes his head in frustration. "What's the matter? So your sister is getting a bit of sweet Alaskian Mudpie, so what yeah?" "It's ... It's not that... Professional wrestlers and women should never mix. We're baaaaaaad peopl.." CRACK! Just then, Savage slaps Lynn across the face, dropping him to the ground, as [B]Miss Elizabeth[/B] catches up to him. "Yeah, I don't think that's quite right brother. You better snap out of it before I snap you like a Slim Jims!" [CENTER]---------------------------------[/CENTER] Back outside, to WCW World Heavyweight Champion, [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B]. "Gaul Narnia The Two Cities of which there was a tale about... Zemuda.. Wonka-Land... And finally, the 1,585th Kingdom of my Domain... the Spanish Antilles..." [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Davey_Boy_Smith5-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Jim_Neidhart2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Tazz16.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Scott_Steiner3.jpg[/IMG] 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart v The Human Suplex Machines ('FTW' Taz and 'Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] A decisive, domineering performance from Big Poppa Pump and Taz. It was all about the power, the ruthless power. A few suplexes, and some absolutely crippling blows and chokes from Taz, before finally he officially choked Neidhart out with the Tazmission for the victory. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winners, The Human Suplex Machines[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] As[B] 'Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner[/B] continues to apply the Steiner Recliner, David Penzer's microphone is snatched by[B] 'FTW' Taz[/B]. "Not for nothing," Taz begins, "But I think you can safely say we just choked another team of yours out, WCW. And it'll continue, as we go one a two man crime spree brother, right through the heart of your dressing room. Brother, you might look at us as two rough and tough guys who will just wait their chance. Uh-uh, we won't. You might look at us not for nothing brother and say maybe next month. Uh-uh, not unless you want two more bodies downtown. What we are are two miserable, mean and nasty men, brother. We aren't the guys ya want living next door to ya. Because if you look at us the wrong way, I'll grab the garbage can, put your head in it and roll you through the [beep] window, before I come outside and choke you the hell out, brother. I'm [beep]ed off with the brass in this company, yeah, I came here to be the nWo bodyguard, and brother, I cracked spines and choked 'em out like no other. But uh-uh, that's not all I'm interested in. I want the Tag Team Championships, brother. I've been busting my [beep], busting your misreable [beep], and uh-uh, I refuse to wait for a chance. Give us the chance, I'm not a second generation wrestler, my father wasn't a wrestler, not my mother, not my sister, not my brother, not my cat, not my dog. Yeah, I don't look like the wrestler of today's supposed to look, but me and Scotty here, we are miserable mother you know whats and not for nothing, to all those fat cats who sit on that Executive Committee, if you don't put is in on that match at Starrcade, for fear of knowing the gold goes to two undesirable miserable gen-u-ine bad [beep]es, then the blood goes on your hands. Billy Kidman, Jerry Lynn, you can face us anyway you like from Atlanta to Las Vegas to Anaheim to Ohio to Brooklyn, ha! You come near us, and we'll fix those pretty little faces of yours. Because World Championship Wrestling is about survival of the fittest, and uh-uh, if you think it gives you a chance to avoid the biggest baddest mothers in this promotion, think again! Billy Kidman, Jerry Lynn, I dare you to try and survive for thirty seconds with us, brother. I'm ready to roll brother, I don't care who you are, Thrillapalooza, Extreme Innovators, jail birds, mafia types, I don't give a ... Beat me if you can, survive... if I let you." Taz drops the microphone, as the crowd boo vociferously. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Bill_Goldberg4.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Bret_Hart31.jpg[/IMG] Bill Goldberg v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Undoubtedly the match of the evening. Odd, given Bill Goldberg's presence, but his ring work really has taken an upward turn following his epic bout with Chris Benoit at World War III. He's beginning to work his athletic moves and snapping submission holds into a story, and it's making his matches entirely more believable. He genuinely now looks like he could evolve beyond the enigmatic three minute, work the crowd man. I guess one should consider the caliber of opponent on display, and it's fair to say in Benoit and Bret Hart he probably has two of the top five in 1998 in the ring with him to assist him through. So it's fair to say they probably are the in ring generals here, but certainly, Goldberg is becoming an able lieutenant and adding his own flavour to these matches. One of the really excellent repeating spots in this match was Goldberg's lust for the Spear, and Bret Hart's awareness and canniness to avoid it, and if possible, counter it into something altogether dangerous. Moving to the side and then driving in behind Goldberg and driving him into the corner post, moving to the side and drop toe holding him to the mat, moves like that really brought the Spear to life as something more than a "goodnight nurse" moment. Of course, once you have been hit by the Spear, it generally is all over, but isn't it interesting to see... well, defensive tactics. And that's the excellence of execution at work. And he can evolve those moves and turn them into a combination of mat based submission spots to control the tempo and give himself a believable chance. It's subleties like this that create the very very in this industry, the ability to do something small, but meaningful that fills in a plot in the match story. And you could see little pieces of this rubbing off on Bill Goldberg as well. Just little subtle switches of momentum control, good use of the ropes, and the corners, good reactions and subtle variations in the technique of the Spear itself to try and find a way through Bret Hart. It kept the crowd invigorated, it wasn't an out and out fast match by any stretch, it just seemed well put together. These two seem to be commanding excellent chemistry together, and were reading each other like a book. And because of this, because of the constant counters, there were so many near opportunities that just not be capitalised on. The announcers hyped, at the sixteen minute mark, that for non Television Championship matches on Nitro, the match limit is set at twenty minutes. The match sped up enormously in this period, as both men attempted variations and desperate measures to try and find an end to the bout, to win a coveted, special win over a notorious opponent. But it never came, and finally, with both men exhausted on the mat having knocked each other down with a double clothesline, the match came to an end. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Time limit draw[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] Post match, as both men hobbled to their feet, they breathed in enormous gasps of oxygen into their lungs, trying to get the blood flowing away from crippling bruises but to the joints that keeps the human frame on it's vertical base. [B] Bill Goldberg[/B] had a look of disbelief in his eyes, as he looked over at the legendary [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B]. Finally, Goldberg hobbled other, and he slapped the right hand of Bret Hart, before lofting it high in the air. What a sign of respect, what a great match, perhaps Goldberg's finest free to air moment. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Big_Show13.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Eddie_Guerrero16.jpg[/IMG] The Giant v 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] The strength of Eddie Guerrero in this match was to apply a special tactic of his own. This was simplistically a hit and run mission, and strategically all he tried to do was to keep the big man moving about the ring, while cutting him off at the apron to hit decisive blows. Every now and then Eddie got caught, but he seemed to do it always close to the ropes so that he could find a way out of the predicament. The frustration waged in the mind of the Giant, and it was clearly evident. Eddie kept defying him, and then, almost meanly, began running the big man around. And with this extra cardio vascular work, the Giant became vulnerable. Eddie kept ducking and diving and hitting and moving, and eventually, from the top rope rope he was able to hit a Tornado DDT so well that he spiked the man momentarily, remembering it only has to be for 3 seconds, to collect a stunning victory. [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Result:[/B] Your winner, Eddie Guerrero[/CENTER][/SIZE] [/QUOTE] Backstage, [B]Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell [/B]is putting on his top hat, as he and [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B], the reigning WCW World Heavyweight Champion leave their dressing room. On course to the gorilla position, they are met by the vuluptuous set of hooters known otherwise as [B]Pamela Paulshock[/B]. Buff looks her up and down, as Jericho smiles, as Paulshock raises the microphone. "Buff Bagwell, what.. what are you trying to do?" Paulshock asks, as he continues to devour his eyes over her body. "Ahaha... Baby, later tonight, you'll know," he says. "I'll know what?" She stupidly asks. Finally, Jericho snaps, and grabs the microphone. "Listen toots, no disrespect Buff, but you're standing next to the World.... Heavyweight... Champion..." Jericho smiles, looking adoringly sky bond as if he is some sort of mythical Greek God. "I am Lionheart, Chris Jericho. I am your paragon of good virtue, I am the ayatollah of rock n rolllllaaaa... I am the leader of all the millions, and gozillions of Jerichoholics the worldwide. I am the Walrus, cu-cu cachoo, baby. And indeed, I am ... the... Greatest... Athlete... Alive... Today.. Bar None toots, bar none! I'm the showcase of sexiness, the lexicon of legendary, the benchmark of beauty and brutality. And tonight, I have to face a toothless redneck, and his bottom feeding trash bag ho-slamming pa Ric Flair. Space Mountain? Baby, please, this is 1998 we're talking about here. You want thrills and spills, you come to the avalanche of adventure himself, the great one. And tonight, I get to show your pal, the toothless wencho from the gold rush, Chris Benoit, a thing or two about being a great World Heavyweight Champion. You see Chris, many say you're the greatest in ring athlete today, many say you're the greatest submission artist alive today, many say you are the greatest all round wrestler of your generation. And you know something Junior, that may be true. It may very well be true. But Junior, I transcend generations. I go beyond the mere mortal physicalities of which the paparazzi judge you on, you see, I am an immortal ... God of Wrestling and Love. Jerichoarius. Look it up, Junior, it's in the books. Jerichoarius. God of Wrestling and Love," suddenly Bagwell whispers in his ear, "And as my great friend here says, sheep. That's right the God of Wrestling, Love and Sheep. Ye.. W..What? Sheep? What the hell?" "Well, you need a good meal after devouring a good piece of [beep] like Pammy cakes here," Bagwell says with a laugh. "Sheep? Are you sick? Are you out of your mind? Do you know who you're talking to? You're talking to... The... Greatest... Athlete... Alive... Today... Remember that, Junior. And remember this number, Pammy. 1415. The Penthouse Suite. Where the golden glamour himself will be. Toots, I look to seeing you something a little more comfortable later tonight, but first of all, I have a Humourous Hummingbird to take care of..." Bagwell again whispers in his ear. "What? He's.. not the Humorous Hummingbird? What is he then?" Bagwell again whispers in his ear. "Rabid Wolverine? Are you serious... How about Giant Douche? No..?" Jericho and Bagwell continue to argue the point, as we fade to a break. [QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/ChrisJericho2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Buff_Bagwell.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/vshf9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Chris_Benoit22.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Ric_Flair24.jpg[/IMG] WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho and Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell v WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit and 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] The match was more a tease than anything else, as the crowd obviously yearned to see Benoit and Jericho before their momentous bout, but the match was told in a way that Flair and Bagwell executed most of the spots, most of their specialties, and some quick moving tag work limited both Benoit and Jericho's time together. There were some 'tornado' moments were all men were involved, but even then, despite their own desperation to inflict punishment on the other, they were kept at bay from one another. This allowed the commentators to continue to hype Starrcade, where obviously these two will go at it for one hour, completely uninterrupted. And when they said this, we got a two minute burst with Jericho and Benoit, where they seemed wary of each other's big moves, and were able to counter every influential move. Jericho slowed the match down further with some flagrant raking of the eyes, causing Flair to be tagged in. The heels kept cutting the ring off, and keeping Benoit out, and eventually, when Benoit was forced to come in for the emotional torment of the cheating, Bagwell and Jericho were able to combine to flip him to the outside. With this in mind, Flair went for his low blow, but Jericho caught his hand, got him in a hammerlock, dropped him into an atomic drop, waited for Flair to face flop and then put him into the Liontamer for the submission victory. [SIZE="4"][B][CENTER]Result:[/b] Your winners, Chris Jericho and Buff Bagwell[/SIZE][/center] [/QUOTE] Post match, as [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B] continues to stomp at the back of [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B]. The attack continues, until finally, [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] is able to claw his way back up on the apron. Benoit launches at Jericho from behind, and puts him into the Crippler Crossface, Jericho squeals for mercy as his eyes look ready to pop out of his head. Finally, security race down to the ring to save the World Heavyweight Champion as we fade out from an eventful night, the final Nitro before Starrcade.

[QUOTE=ColtCabana;804476]some excellent booking that show, the time limit draw was great. WCW Tag Team Championships: [B]Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn)[/B] (c) v The Extreme Innovators (Perry Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon) WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger[/B] (c) v Hector Garza Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) v [B]Sting and 'The Total Package' Lex Luger[/B] WCW Television Championship: [B]Raven[/B] (c) v Chavo Guerrero Jr [B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash and 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] v Hulk Hogan and Scott Hall The Great Muta v [B]Rey Mysterio Jr[/B] [B]The Human Suplex Machines ('The Human Suplex Machine' Taz and 'Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner)[/B] v 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] The Giant v [B]'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero[/B] WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho and Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair and WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Destiny;804481][B]WCW Tag Team Championships: Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn) [/B](c) v The Extreme Innovators (Perry Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon) WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger (c)[/B] v Hector Garza [I]Lyger's having a great run with the title and I see no reason to lose it.[/I] Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) v [B]Sting and 'The Total Package' Lex Luger[/B] [I]I'm pretty sure this will be a squash match.[/I] WCW Television Championship: Raven (c) v [B]Chavo Guerrero Jr[/B] [I]I know that I'm most probably pulling for the underdog here but I'd like to see a Chavo push, and he's more talented in the ring than Raven, sure.[/I] 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash and 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page v [B]Hulk Hogan and Scott Hall[/B] [I]I can see Hulk Hogan pinning DDP to get the victory for his team here.[/I] The Great Muta v [B]Rey Mysterio Jr[/B] [I]Mysterio can be a great talent for you and at this stage in his career he's as quick and athletic as any other Cruiserweight on the WCW roster, win.[/I] [B]The Human Suplex Machines ('The Human Suplex Machine' Taz and 'Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner)[/B] v 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] v Bill Goldberg [I]This should be a very interesting match, but I can't see Goldberg getting past the Excellence of Execution all too easily.[/I] [B]The Giant[/B] v 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero [I]On the same show as his nephew Chavo wins the TV title, Eddie Guerrero will get annihilated by the Giant, as he has to remain strong, for sure.[/I] [B]WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho and Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell[/B] v 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair and WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=totti;805342]You really put a lot of effort into nailing that opening segment to every show and I love it every time. It gets me into the show from the off, great work there mate. The build towards Starrcade is brilliant as always. I can't wait to read some of those matches. WCW Tag Team Championships: [B]Thrillapalooza (Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn) (c)[/B] v The Extreme Innovators (Perry Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon) [I]I think Saturn and Kanyon could easily be viable Champions at this point, but here i'll stick with Thrilla to retain.[/I] WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger (c)[/B] v Hector Garza [I]Personally i'd like to see something like a mutiple man ladder match at Starrcade for this belt. Something to really show off just how good this division is in your company. It would be tough to improve the card as it is practically perfect already, but for me that would be the way to do it.[/I] Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) v [B]Sting and 'The Total Package' Lex Luger[/B] [I]Shouldn't be too difficult for them. Nice to see Luger and Sting teaming together aswell.[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]Raven (c)[/B] v Chavo Guerrero Jr [I]Guerrero's overness will probably be good after such a good tag title reign so a win for Raven here would be impressive.[/I] 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash and 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page v [B]Hulk Hogan and Scott Hall[/B] [I]Just because Hogan could really use this win ahead of his match with Goldberg. Bill looked strong last week gaining the pinfall in the main event.[/I] The Great Muta v [B]Rey Mysterio Jr[/B] [I]I seem to remember Mysterio having a win over Bret earlier so I think a solid victory here will help him build on that and maybe enter the United States Title fight as we head into 99.[/I] [B]The Human Suplex Machines ('The Human Suplex Machine' Taz and 'Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner)[/B] v 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart [I]Steiner and Taz make a great team in my book. I really like them tagging together.[/I] Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] [I]I think Goldberg has to win here unless its tainted somehow. I don't think Goldberg after such a long run unbeaten an lose two matches in such a short space of time unless its at a PPV.[/I] [B]The Giant[/B] v 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero [I]I have to go with The Giant here as much as I like Eddie and want him to win it. The Giant will be a big time player next year and his momentum has been building and building this past month or so.[/I] WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho and Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair and WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B] [I]Anyone but Bagwell and I might have gone with Jericho to win this one. I wouldn't rule out a sneaky little role up from him though.[/I] You weren't kidding when you said stacked! Looking forward to what you have in store for us though on the final Nitro before the big one. Gonna be a great show mate.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Bigpapa42;805560]WCW Tag Team Championships: [B]Thrillapalooza [/B](Billy Kidman and Jerry Lynn) (c) v The Extreme Innovators (Perry Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon) WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger [/B](c) v Hector Garza Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) v Sting and 'The Total Package' Lex Luger WCW Television Championship: [B]Raven [/B](c) v Chavo Guerrero Jr [B] 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash and 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] v Hulk Hogan and Scott Hall The Great Muta v [B]Rey Mysterio Jr[/B] [B]The Human Suplex Machines[/B] ('The Human Suplex Machine' Taz and 'Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner) v 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B] v Bill Goldberg [B]The Giant[/B] v 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho and Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair and WCW United States Champion 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit[/B][/QUOTE] Thanks guys, really appreciate it. Yep, I enjoyed that last show, yep I did. I personally loved the whole '1004 moves' spiel from Jericho, so the segments were kinda a play off that. Hope you enjoyed it. I suppose it'll be interesting to start getting some feedback on how the diary has evolved. I know, even in my own mind, there was a bit of staged disbelief in respect to some of the early plot courses taken in the diary. And the comment I said to keep convincing myself and to keep the story evolving was that all roads led to Starrcade. Aside from the actual outcomes of Starrcade, it'd be apparent how the card is shaping up so I'd be interested to know how you think the story has plotted together. Any comments, constructive criticisms are always welcomed. Anywho, off to the final whistle stop before the mother of all mercy he-ho Starrcade, it's Thunder. Starrcade itself is going to take a fair bit of writing, and I'm thinking of breaking it up into a mini-series of posts, to justify it's place as a very special show to me. From there, I will reflect on the year that is 1998, reflect on the movers and shakers in TEW, and some of the reasoning behind the plot points and the reasons behind certain moves. I'm yet to decide on whether to roll on into 1999, I have booked a couple of months in it and have used the first two months to shake things up a little bit. Ideas continue to come in, which is always nice in respect to whether a diary has legs, but either way, I will do a yearly editorial post Starrcade, and am more than happy to start answering any questions you may have over the course of the diary. [CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/thunder.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] WCW Tag Team Champion Jerry Lynn v Rey Mysterio Jr Disco Inferno v 'K-Dawg' Konnan Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) v Harlem Heat WCW Television Championship: Raven (c) v 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright Scott Hall v 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash

WCW Tag Team Champion Jerry Lynn v [B]Rey Mysterio Jr [/B] [B]Disco Inferno[/B] v 'K-Dawg' Konnan Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) v [B]Harlem Heat[/B] WCW Television Championship:[B] Raven[/B] (c) v 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright Scott Hall v [B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash [/B] Really surprised at Goldberg drawing Bret Hart but your match write up makes it believable. Loved all the Jericho segments, the original 1004 moves promo was great and you variant was class also. I'm interested to see where the Hall/Nash storyline goes, in the back of my mind I can't help thinking its an Outsiders work! The only real concern I have is I think it's 50.01% certain Benoit is going over at Starrcade, however I know it won't be as cut and dried as that. Keep it up!

Archived