The editor taps out at 10 title reigns...

Sarcasm aside, did you not think that anyone with a decent knowledge of wrestling knows that people have more than ten title reigns, and that therefore there must be a good reason that it stops at ten? :confused:It just seems like a really odd post to make. The HOI stops at ten because at that point it's fair to say that the person has reached the "multiple world champion" status, and so is going to get all the points (toward the total needed to be inducted) that that brings. Going higher wouldn't add any more, and so is pointless.

No. And to be precise, it's not title reigns - it's [B]major[/B] title reigns. That is, only main event level singles or tag team belts in a promotion above cult status. So in real world mods, you would not have any title reigns for Samoa Joe for example, as neither TNA or ROH are big enough promotions to qualify. Only former WWF\E and WCW world champions would have gotten any points.

I personally wouldn't count ECW at any stage (they started off Regional and grew to Cult, to me). I'm not sure about the territorial titles, because I don't know enough about that era to know how big the promotions were, but I wouldn't have thought that any would qualify other than the NWA World Heavyweight (obviously) and NWA World Tag Team (post-1992). AWA are almost entirely unknown to me, so I can't comment. If you'd class them as a National promotion in the era that the title reigns happened, they'd probably count. As for Japan, my knowledge there is even more limited, but I'd only count NJPW for sure (the IWGP titles). The others 'feel' too small, except possibly older AJPW title reigns.

ECW definitely wouldn't count. Even if you consider them to have reached national when they got their TV deal, which is a stretch, do Rhyno, Justin Credible, Steve Corino and Jerry Lynn sound like guys who should be getting points toward the HOI? No. Japan would have the IWGP, All Japan's prior to the split, and NOAH's GHC. I don't think any of the others would count.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;427737]Even if you consider them to have reached national when they got their TV deal, which is a stretch, do Rhyno, Justin Credible, Steve Corino and Jerry Lynn sound like guys who should be getting points toward the HOI? No.[/QUOTE]Hey, according to what you said earlier, David Arquette and Vince Russo would qualify as having one reign, but Rhyno, Credible, Corino, Lynn wouldn't, that seems like quite a disparity :D

[QUOTE=BadFurDay;427753]Hey, according to what you said earlier, David Arquette and Vince Russo would qualify as having one reign, but Rhyno, Credible, Corino, Lynn wouldn't, that seems like quite a disparity :D[/QUOTE] Thats just weird booking to give such prestigious titles to those guys.

[QUOTE=BadFurDay;427753]Hey, according to what you said earlier, David Arquette and Vince Russo would qualify as having one reign, but Rhyno, Credible, Corino, Lynn wouldn't, that seems like quite a disparity :D[/QUOTE] The HOI is for active wrestlers only, so neither Arquette nor Russo would actually get an entry in the first place.

[QUOTE=Mr T Jobs To Me;427766]I think by that time the WCW title counted as -1. :D[/QUOTE] MINUS FOUR MINUS FOUR MINUS FOUR MINUS FOUR TIMES WORLD CHAMPION! CAN YOU DIG THAT, SUCKA? But yeah, I was just being a moron pointing out how the WCW title meant nothing towards the end, with several weird title changes a month and midcarders/non-wrestlers getting it regularly..

[QUOTE=paulskln;427749]so what title in the cornellverse would qualify, would it just be global or international promotions main event titles or would there be any others. SWF Title and any others at all?[/QUOTE] SWF Title TCW Title NOTBPW Title BHOTWG Title PGHW Title Maybe even some of the tournament titles - Ed Henson Tag Tournament in NOTBPW, plus the Elite Series (and Tag Series) in PGHW

[quote=Adam Ryland;427737]ECW definitely wouldn't count. Even if you consider them to have reached national when they got their TV deal, which is a stretch, do Rhyno, Justin Credible, Steve Corino and Jerry Lynn sound like guys who should be getting points toward the HOI? No. Japan would have the IWGP, All Japan's prior to the split, and NOAH's GHC. I don't think any of the others would count.[/quote] Well, I would assume the real world equivalent of whatever determines whether a title is prestigious enough would be PWI recognising a championship as a World title - which would include ECW's title from August 1999 to it's close. I mean, it's pretty much the PWI definition that makes Ric Flair a 16 time World champion instead of, like, the arguable 20-odd he could be credited with. Having said that... PWI does count the TNA title as a "World" title, so maybe that's not quite the way to go.

When you start looking at title reigns from the mid-80s and back, you're dealing with a different level of success for the entire industry. Should Bruno Sammartino be in the Hall of Immortals? I'd say that he definitely should, but he held a "World" title that would be considered Regional by today's standards.

[QUOTE=Bucky Sinister;427810]When you start looking at title reigns from the mid-80s and back, you're dealing with a different level of success for the entire industry. Should Bruno Sammartino be in the Hall of Immortals? I'd say that he definitely should, but he held a "World" title that would be considered Regional by today's standards.[/QUOTE] And still he can be inducted if wanted.

As far as I'm concerned the original (and real) ECW title should be counted. It was a world title and held by some of the best in the 90's into the 2000's. TNA's "World" title should be counted as TNA is a national company and has held events in multiple countries. The ROH World Title should be counted as real wrestling fans know it means more than the WWE or TNA title. It's a true world title as it's been defended in multiple countries as well as been held by a forgiener. As far as what older titles and Japanese titles I would go with the AWA, NWA, WCW, WWF, IWGP, Triple Crown, and GHC titles.

[QUOTE=stevegrind;427868]The ROH World Title should be counted as real wrestling fans know it means more than the WWE or TNA title.[/QUOTE] I understand there is a place for criticism for those companies, but get your head out of your ass now mister. That, my sir, is total bull****.

[QUOTE=stevegrind;427868]As far as I'm concerned the original (and real) ECW title should be counted. It was a world title and held by some of the best in the 90's into the 2000's. TNA's "World" title should be counted as TNA is a national company and has held events in multiple countries. The ROH World Title should be counted as real wrestling fans know it means more than the WWE or TNA title. It's a true world title as it's been defended in multiple countries as well as been held by a forgiener.[/QUOTE] You're letting Xavier get points towards the HOI? :p RoH are a Cult fed, at best. TNA are definitely a Cult fed. Let's not start this argument all over again. Who cares how many countries they've run shows in? If I start a Local fed and run a show in Mexico and Japan, am I International now? There's simply no way in hell you can compare the RoH World Title to the NWA World Heavyweight or WWE World Heavyweight titles. We're not talking about prestige, we're talking about the size of the fed. Wrestling regularly in front of 2,500 fans doesn't make you a legend, no matter how many titles you win.

Please don't start swearing at each other. Again, I will clarify that it's a Hall of Immortals, not a Hall of Fame. Whether the TNA and ROH titles have been defended in different countries or not is irrelevant, as is whether they're technically national or not, common sense alone should tell you that they should not be eligible simply because the people who hold them are not going to be remembered for decades to come because they held them multiple times.

Archived