travel expenses and relocation costs

anyway to know how much these are? it would be good to get an idea of how much these would be before agreeing to pay them. I mean even if a worker is based in US, how do we know were? If we knew this then i might not book a worker who lives in Florida to a show in California as it would cost more then using local talent.

Relocation costs are always a one-time, fixed amount of $25,000. I've never seen it be different, and I've imported workers from Japan, Europe, Canada, and Australia. It's always been $25,000. Travel expenses seem to vary based on worker card level and such.

Whoah $25,000! It's a fair enough price, but I'm now thanking the heavens that the workers I've casually gone "ah yeah, sure I'll pay it" haven't actually needed to relocate. Coz I'd have been screwed if that bill suddenly turned up :)

[QUOTE=Remianen;432146]Relocation costs are always a one-time, fixed amount of $25,000. I've never seen it be different, and I've imported workers from Japan, Europe, Canada, and Australia. It's always been $25,000. Travel expenses seem to vary based on worker card level and such.[/QUOTE] thanks for the reply do the travel expense also vary based on region the show is held in? i.e Tri state vs Hawaii how do we know were a persons home region is?

Actually my previous response on the subject was inaccurate, I forgot I changed it. Relocation is only necessary if you bring someone into a game area they are not normally set to work. That incurs a $25,000 fee. Travel costs are essentially sundry expenses, as they never exceed $2,000 even for a major worker.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;432514]Actually my previous response on the subject was inaccurate, I forgot I changed it. Relocation is only necessary if you bring someone into a game area they are not normally set to work. That incurs a $25,000 fee. Travel costs are essentially sundry expenses, as they never exceed $2,000 even for a major worker.[/QUOTE] Thanks for the reply. So there is no way of knowing how much the workers travel expenses will be? I think this is a shame as for a big promotion this makes little difference but for a small promotion, knowing this a huge help. From a financial stand point this information is key.

[quote]Actually my previous response on the subject was inaccurate, I forgot I changed it. Relocation is only necessary if you bring someone into a game area they are not normally set to work. That incurs a $25,000 fee. Travel costs are essentially sundry expenses, as they never exceed $2,000 even for a major worker. [/quote] An odd thing to say, when the only person to say $25,000 is Remianen. Do I need to find a way to compare IP adresses, or are you more clever than that? On an actual comment, does this mean that I can use relocation to hire workers that aren't listed to normally work in America? I wondered what that was for...

[QUOTE=Sudo_Nym;433540]An odd thing to say, when the only person to say $25,000 is Remianen. Do I need to find a way to compare IP adresses, or are you more clever than that?[/QUOTE] No, you're just making assumptions - I answered the same question in a thread in the Suggestions forum, that's the "previous response" I was talking about.

[QUOTE=Sudo_Nym;433540]On an actual comment, does this mean that I can use relocation to hire workers that aren't listed to normally work in America? I wondered what that was for...[/QUOTE] Yeah, you can hire workers from anywhere now. Of course, whether they'll WANT to move halfway across the globe to work for you is another matter, and you'll generally have to pay them more (as well as the relocation costs). But it is now possible in some cases, it's not a flat-out "no" any more, even with restrictions on.

[QUOTE=Sudo_Nym;433540]An odd thing to say, when the only person to say $25,000 is Remianen. Do I need to find a way to compare IP adresses, or are you more clever than that? On an actual comment, does this mean that I can use relocation to hire workers that aren't listed to normally work in America? I wondered what that was for...[/QUOTE] Mighy ironic for someone with the name "Sudo_Nym" to make that accusation!

[QUOTE=praguepride;433624]Speaking of which, what approximate size do you have to be before they'll relocate. I'm guessing Cult as my regional fed can't do it.[/QUOTE] Well, I have been playing a game as 21CW, who are Cult in the UK, and haven't been able to bring anybody over, not even a no-name who is unemployed and might want the work. Not even Dusty Bin wanted to relocate and work for 21CW! :D

"Never exceed $2000" is a pretty wide range there... I mean, does it also depend on the size of the promotion/the overness of the worker? I mean, if I'm playing a small promotion where most guys get $500 or so for a match, there's a pretty big difference between travel expenses being $200 per appearance and travel expenses being $2000... I'm just guessing here, but is it possible relocating comes at national, same as written contracts?

[QUOTE=Oregano Jensen;434231]"Never exceed $2000" is a pretty wide range there... I mean, does it also depend on the size of the promotion/the overness of the worker? I mean, if I'm playing a small promotion where most guys get $500 or so for a match, there's a pretty big difference between travel expenses being $200 per appearance and travel expenses being $2000...[/QUOTE] It's based on the worker's level. Obviously a guy making $500 isn't going to be getting $2000 in travel pay!

Archived