Thought I'd let everyone know what's planned for the CornellVerse over the coming few months. Basically, the database is scheduled to go through a few phases. Phase 1 is the database that comes with the game now. With phase 2, you'll see the addition of a whole heap of new workers; there's around 300 renders still awaiting addition, these will be be used as "future workers" to extend the database further. Then, for phase 3, I'll be going through and redoing a lot of biographies and such like, adding finishers for a lot of people who don't have them, and doing some articles for the web site. Oh, and phase 4 will see a political event as Australia invades New Zealand and turns it into a state. Just kidding. ;) Somewhere down the line I also hope to work with the makers of the 1975 and 1997 mods to make them officially part of the universe canon.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;432496]Thought I'd let everyone know what's planned for the CornellVerse over the coming few months. Basically, the database is scheduled to go through a few phases. Phase 1 is the database that comes with the game now. With phase 2, you'll see the addition of a whole heap of new workers; there's around 300 renders still awaiting addition, these will be be used as "future workers" to extend the database further. Then, for phase 3, I'll be going through and redoing a lot of biographies and such like, adding finishers for a lot of people who don't have them, and doing some articles for the web site. Oh, and phase 4 will see a political event as Australia invades New Zealand and turns it into a state. Just kidding. ;) [B]Somewhere down the line I also hope to work with the makers of the 1975 and 1997 mods to make them officially part of the universe canon.[/B][/QUOTE] The bolded part excites me in ways I can't verbalize..

Any idea of a time scale for these additions? Really looking forward to the website additions as they've all been done so well so far. For anyone that doesn't have a clue what I'm on about and wanting to get to be familiar with the background of the c-verse I'd recommend that they have a look at them.

This actually got me excited. I've been messing around with the trial playing as RoF and I have too say that I've liked it. I've never been a big CVerse lover before, but RoF made a believer out of me, hah. Still, I do prefer my own real world historical mods (97-02), but I also do intend to keep playing my RoF savegame when the commercial game is released.

Awesome!!!! I've been eagerly awaiting the updates to the website, because that is what got me hooked on the cornellverse in the first place. LOVE IT! Can't wait to see how you tackle the write-ups for things like the collapse of DaVE, and the "SWF Election Fiasco", maybe a profile on Big Money Brandon James? Adam, would it be too much to ask that you overhaul the australian data entirely, and we forget the APW being the first real aussie promotion thing ever happened...i mean, if your working with the historical mod makers? aye? aye aye? *nudges adam violently* Seriously though it would be sad to see Australia and NZ left out of the historical mods entirely, and at the same time itd be great to get some history into australia, with international workers who liked to travel when they were young (eg, Sam Keith) having visited and even some Historical Aussie Figures. =D seriously though, cant wait

Hmmm... On the one hand, I'm psyched about the new workers. On the other hand, I remember importing 'new' workers into my ongoing game and finding myself with two Omar Browns, two Umeko Karubes and so on. So, please, new future workers only :p I get confused easily, and ended up with both Karubes on my roster without realising last time...

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;432496]Thought I'd let everyone know what's planned for the CornellVerse over the coming few months. Oh, and phase 4 will see a political event as Australia invades New Zealand and turns it into a state. Just kidding. ;) [/QUOTE] I support the invasion of Kiwiland... especially the way the GDS Kiwis whined about being part of 'Australia.' I'd be equally happy to see New Zealand out as a territory and Papua New Guinea insert. That'd show those flightless birds! :D

really good news with the new workers and the integration of the 1997 and 1975 mods.. I was a real big fan of the 1997 mod and had my most enjoyable game on TEW07 with that data.. does this mean that CZCW King of the Indies Tournament (from the 97 mod) will become 'official' as well..? always thought it was a good idea and a great opportunity to use promotion pacts to test out possible imports..

[QUOTE=Beeker;432638]I support the invasion of Kiwiland... especially the way the GDS Kiwis whined about being part of 'Australia.' I'd be equally happy to see New Zealand out as a territory and Papua New Guinea insert. That'd show those flightless birds! :D[/QUOTE] *achem* Not ALL of us Kiwis were so uppity about it! I'm simply glad that NZ is in at all.

Looking forward to the new workers and the updates. The C-verse has become such a vibrant alternate reality now. One thing I'd like to see (ok, maybe it should go under suggestions but it seems to fit the thread) is some more reference to the 'ROF Academy'. Last year both members of The Tribe and Sharp & Heath all were brought on to the main roster early from the British Samurai trained Ring of Fire academy, but that's all we hear of it. It's not mentioned for any other ROF stars that might have come through it in the past and no future workers appear that are linked to it at all (well, at least not up to the end of 2014, which is as far as I played). It might be an idea for one or two new future British workers.

[QUOTE=Marcel Fromage;432834]Looking forward to the new workers and the updates. The C-verse has become such a vibrant alternate reality now. One thing I'd like to see (ok, maybe it should go under suggestions but it seems to fit the thread) is some more reference to the 'ROF Academy'. Last year both members of The Tribe and Sharp & Heath all were brought on to the main roster early from the British Samurai trained Ring of Fire academy, but that's all we hear of it. It's not mentioned for any other ROF stars that might have come through it in the past and no future workers appear that are linked to it at all (well, at least not up to the end of 2014, which is as far as I played). It might be an idea for one or two new future British workers.[/QUOTE] Or just a few dojos period, its a little disappointing theres all these references to several training camps in the US, Canada and Japan and this whole system with them being able to be linked to promotions and the current C-verse data has no dojos in the database at all.

One thign with the new talent IIm hoping for is some more people in the SWF and USPW. SWF is frankly tedious in the AI, with it always, ALWAYS signing Chris Caulfield, Darryl Devine and James Prudence, and it'd be nice to see that cut out a whole lot. As for USPW, I've tried to play as them several times and it's just impossible to believe that they got to Cult with so little talent on the roster. I know they're meant to be about big names, but c'mon, [I]Peter Valentine[/I] is their top heel. No way they managed to get to Cult with that Lummox at the top of the card (unless Shane Sneer is very, very good).

[QUOTE=1PWfan;432863]One thign with the new talent IIm hoping for is some more people in the SWF and USPW. SWF is frankly tedious in the AI, with it always, ALWAYS signing Chris Caulfield, Darryl Devine and James Prudence, and it'd be nice to see that cut out a whole lot.[/QUOTE] It may be tedious to you, but I'm not going to intentionally make the AI stupider. As always, the potential signings are ranked, given a touch of randomness, and then made offers for - those three get signed a lot because they're head and shoulders above the rest of the free agent pool, so of course SWF are going to go for them. If you add more randomness to it you'd end up with stupid decisions.

[QUOTE=Moe Hunter;432748]*achem* Not ALL of us Kiwis were so uppity about it! I'm simply glad that NZ is in at all.[/QUOTE] I was joking. I was shocked at how ferocious the New Zealanders of these boards got. Most of the Kiwis I know would find 'NZ' lumped in with Australia to be worth throwing a Steinlager at Ryland, but an empty can because Kiwis enjoy their drink. As for dojos. I want to know what happened to the Mystery Wrestling Club - the training camp of NotBPW.

Archived