ok....i figured it was a stupid question, either that, or i was just being completely blind. I was able to find the info on the schedule of release, but I did not see anything there that said anything about pre-ordering. Thanks, though... Chris

[QUOTE=jaredpalexander;432898]I wish it was released on Saturday, so I could get some quality time (2 day bender) with TEW08 before work on Monday.[/QUOTE] I second this motion. Can we get it on Saturday so that those who have to work from Monday to Friday get 2 days to play before we have to return to the grindstones? :D

The ability to pre-order it would be relatively useless, seeing as it's not something which is at risk of going out of stock and it's not as if it's going to be delivered. It wouldn't really speed up toe process or make it more convenient at all. Also, I'd also like to know whether debit cards are accepted in the e-license process. Before I've just used my dad's credit card but now that I've got my own debit card I'd rather use that.

in this case the 'advantage' to pre-order is a planning issue more than a stock issue. You can pay for it on payday (friday) before your wife pays the bills, and then goes shopping with the rest saturday morning, leaving you once again broke by sunday morning.

I'd like to expand on this, in previous years we could buy via PayPal due to a few UK debit cards not working with the system. Could we pre-order via PayPal? Not pre-ordering as such, just paying now.. as I know there's always a big list of PayPal payments to manually go through. Maybe most of the generating of codes, etc could be gotten ready for e-mailing out on release day?

[QUOTE=mvargus;432905]I second this motion. Can we get it on Saturday so that those who have to work from Monday to Friday get 2 days to play before we have to return to the grindstones? :D[/QUOTE] How about those of us who don't have a day off until next Thursday? Can we hold the release until next Wednesday?

[QUOTE=fatallylost;433011]How about those of us who don't have a day off until next Thursday? Can we hold the release until next Wednesday?[/QUOTE] Agreed. I find it hilarious that Adam answers the "pre-order" question with a solid "no" yet people can insisting on discussing "pre-ordering" when the question has been answered...and someone even gave a solid reason as to why "pre-ordering" isn't necessary for a game you download, buy a key for and then electronically license it to the computer you plan to play the game on. I'd like to pre-order my license so I can play TEW08 before anyone else. You know, just in case GDS runs out of keys.

[QUOTE=falleneagleftw;433101]Agreed. I find it hilarious that Adam answers the "pre-order" question with a solid "no" yet people can insisting on discussing "pre-ordering" when the question has been answered...and someone even gave a solid reason as to why "pre-ordering" isn't necessary for a game you download, buy a key for and then electronically license it to the computer you plan to play the game on. I'd like to pre-order my license so I can play TEW08 before anyone else. You know, just in case GDS runs out of keys.[/QUOTE] I said nothing about "pre-ordering" I was merely joining another who asked if the release date could be improved from Sunday, June 8 to Saturday, June 7. I don't think anyone here is against the game being available one day early. :P I completely understood Adam's response to pre-ordering. There is no reason for that, but releasing earlier would be nice. ;)

[QUOTE=Sensai of Mattitude;432936]The ability to pre-order it would be relatively useless, seeing as it's not something which is at risk of going out of stock and it's not as if it's going to be delivered. It wouldn't really speed up toe process or make it more convenient at all. Also, I'd also like to know whether debit cards are accepted in the e-license process. Before I've just used my dad's credit card but now that I've got my own debit card I'd rather use that.[/QUOTE] Debit card worked fine for me in the past.

Archived