DaMegaFish's Skin Pack!

Very very nice. I bow down to you lol. You mind if I steal the Blurcat banner and put it on mine? I like yours, but I like the simplicity of mine at the same time, plus just the personal attachment that I made them :) Also, here is a quick shot of what im thinking about trying to do with the Control Room. Yes, I know I messed up and forgot to bring one of the buttons to a new layer in this pic, but its not final, just a quick shot at the idea or theme I might try doing... [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/DaMegaFish/control_room.jpg[/IMG]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=DaMegaFish;438157]Updated main post with Control Room Screen plus Taskbars by FINisher. Whats some opinions on the Control Room screen? [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/DaMegaFish/control_room-1.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE] This I like

Yeah, thats the biggest rendered arena from WreSpi though, its the one for a Global sized promotion. The Graphics in the set means since I had to switch the background from Black to the Arena look so it fit and looked transparent, that also means you see the background of the arena on the VS graphic when reading your matches during shows.

[QUOTE=DaMegaFish;440844]Yeah, thats the biggest rendered arena from WreSpi though, its the one for a Global sized promotion. Tragically, the Graphics in the set means since I had to switch the background from Black to the Arena look so it fit and looked transparent, that also means you see the background of the arena on the VS graphic when reading your matches during shows.[/QUOTE] Maybe just fill that whole banner in with color? I dont know im bad with graphics, but I'm using yours either way

Well, the original graphics said "VS" and has a black background, and since the default background up there and in the match write up screens is in black, you never notice. I should have thought about that before hand. Idk, maybe Ill release a pack with the default VS button and the "transparent" one next time. I really like how that screen turned out though, it really gives you more of a feel like what you are doing is important.

Ooh, its not a dead project by any means, have no fear :) I just had a VERY busy weekend and I also kinda got sucked into playing the game a bit too. I should be able to resume some work on it tomorrow. If anything, I think a quick break was kinda good because Im still a noob in alot of ways and so it takes me a little longer to do anything so this break was kind of a refresher and kept me from burnout. Also, Clarity is giving me tips on how to do better jobs on some of the things im trying to do. Any screens you have in mind that you want done? Im not really doing anything in any order anymore.

[QUOTE=DaMegaFish;443417]Ooh, its not a dead project by any means, have no fear :) I just had a VERY busy weekend and I also kinda got sucked into playing the game a bit too. I should be able to resume some work on it tomorrow. If anything, I think a quick break was kinda good because Im still a noob in alot of ways and so it takes me a little longer to do anything so this break was kind of a refresher and kept me from burnout. [B]Also, Clarity is giving me tips on how to do better jobs on some of the things im trying to do.[/B] Any screens you have in mind that you want done? Im not really doing anything in any order anymore.[/QUOTE]No problem.. I would suggest working down the screens in the order they are in your folder. That way you dont miss/lose any

• 2 weeks later...
Okay, so this isnt dead by any means, Ive just been trying to find a theme to build towards because all the screens Ive done so far have basically been independent screens of sorts (The website is just the website, the Control Room is just that one screen, the arena is its own area.) Nothing really had any flow so Ive been basically working on how to add some consistancy to the remaining screens. Here is one preview of a possibility...let me get some feedback. Its very simple I know, but effective? I cant decide. [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/DaMegaFish/PreviewJ23.jpg[/IMG]

Bit shocked I hadn't noticed this thread earlier, but I had a similar idea a few weeks ago (stolen from an old Football Management game) and LOVE that someone has had a crack at this type of skin set. Awesome stuff.

[QUOTE=Self;449631]Bit shocked I hadn't noticed this thread earlier, but I had a similar idea a few weeks ago (stolen from an old Football Management game) and LOVE that someone has had a crack at this type of skin set. Awesome stuff.[/QUOTE] What do you mean this type of skin set?

[QUOTE=Self;449636]Having images as the background of the screens. Exactly what you have done, that is what I mean.[/QUOTE] Ahh, but like I was saying, I was running out of ideas on how to do it for EVERY screen... Any thoughts on the last one I posted?

Okay, I didnt like my last ones...what do you guys think of these? They are all the same, just a little different brightness.... [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/DaMegaFish/PreviewJ23-1.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/DaMegaFish/PreviewJ23-2.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/DaMegaFish/PreviewJ23-3.jpg[/IMG]

They looks nice. My idea for the Announcer's Screen was to have an announce table back there, although with the size of that box it would be mostly obscured, which may or may not be a good thing. Alternatively, you could remove a lot of the box elements. Narrow things up and let more of the background show. The inside of a recording booth may work too.

I like the last one..... doesn't have the "glare" effect.... have you tried inverting the lights.... i mean having them hidden behind the announcer box and shining out to the edges?? could look cool... just a thought.

[QUOTE=Self;449925]They looks nice. My idea for the Announcer's Screen was to have an announce table back there, although with the size of that box it would be mostly obscured, which may or may not be a good thing. Alternatively, you could remove a lot of the box elements. Narrow things up and let more of the background show. The inside of a recording booth may work too.[/QUOTE] The problem with removing box elements (I assume you mean like I did on the Book Match Screen where it looks almost transparent or something like that) is that the game already has areas where it auto makes it black, which means its kind of a pain to do all the work to clean an area out, only to find the game just makes its own black box right in the middle of your screen.

[QUOTE=DaMegaFish;450140]The problem with removing box elements (I assume you mean like I did on the Book Match Screen where it looks almost transparent or something like that) is that the game already has areas where it auto makes it black, which means its kind of a pain to do all the work to clean an area out, only to find the game just makes its own black box right in the middle of your screen.[/QUOTE] Hmm. Didn't know that. Good to know.

Archived