|TEW 08| 1991 FTC & 1992 Real World 90's Mod - THE RELEASE

[QUOTE=D16NJD16;447441]So is anyone doing a text dynasty based off either of these? I'd be curious to read..[/QUOTE] I will be doing one, but with a twist. Vince McMahon's empire will collapse, Turner will lose interest in wrestling and the territories will re-emerge. Still fleshing it out at the moment and probably won't start until I go bankrupt in my current DOTT dynasty, which is fast approaching. :)

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=CW Saton;447552]*Karen Angle is set to début in 1972. That should be 2006 I think. *Tri-State Wrestling Alliance shouldn't be in the game, as it is the promotion that became Eastern Championship Wrestling.[/QUOTE] Actually Tri State (owned by Joel Goodhart) went under and then Todd Gordon, who happened to be tri states booker, opened ECW. So while their histories sort of merge, they are infact two seperate promotions.

Ya, I'd be curious on the Diary's as well, honestly, its quite funny how Mondernized I became with wrestling, as I gotta remember how the Superstars, and all those other half hour and 1 hour TV shows were ran :).. If i remember correctly, it was mostly angles, with a few matches, and the matches were almost all heels destroying jobbers, a bit confused though on some events. Looks like there's a big schedule for the WWE , in terms other events they go to, like MSG, Euroepean tours, now I'm assuming these just won't be on PPV right? or are they? cause if I remember correctly I thought only the Big 4, well Big 5 if you include King of Ring were the only PPV events right? Just curious so I know how to run my shows and all, and whether or not important angles should be displayed at those events.. And my god, I can't wait to recreate that Rockers fued, I'll still never forget when Shawn Michaels bashed the mirror over Marty Janette head, I think it was on Piper's Show or Brother Love's show, to pretty much complete his turn... MP

[QUOTE=mp84;447580] And my god, I can't wait to recreate that Rockers fued, I'll still never forget when Shawn Michaels bashed the mirror over Marty Janette head, I think it was on Piper's Show or Brother Love's show, to pretty much complete his turn... MP[/QUOTE] It's funny how this has turned to an urban legend with so many different ways it went down. [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0050wRWVhMk[/url]

Go into the default file database, and select the world.tw8 file, and hit copy. Go into your 1990 mode file database and hit paste, overwriting the current world.tw8 and you should be fine. If the world is set to 100% importance for every single destination will cause every company to eventually fall

The WCW title histories really need to be tweaked for both mods. For example, Steve Austin is holding the TV title in the 92 mod, when Tom Zenk should be the champion in January of 1992. There is history shown for 7 TV title changes that happened in 92, and I start the game on the first of January. Just an example. This mod could have used beta testers.

[QUOTE=Johnny Fenoli;447389]I started a game as WCW... Doing a lil spring cleaning. Click contract. Terminate Jim Herd. Half the WCW roster parades into my office showering me with gift baskets and bottles of wine... Ding Dong the witch is dead I guess...[/QUOTE] Yup same here! D16 this is a fantastic mod. I think I may finally spend more than an hour on TEW2008 playing 1991.

[QUOTE=jgriff3029;447576]Actually Tri State (owned by Joel Goodhart) went under and then Todd Gordon, who happened to be tri states booker, opened ECW. So while their histories sort of merge, they are infact two seperate promotions.[/QUOTE] Wiki entry. [CODE]Technically, ECW had its origins in 1991 under the banner Tri-State Wrestling Alliance. Joel Goodhart was the owner of Tri-State Wrestling Alliance. In 1992, Goodhart sold his share of the company to his partner, Tod Gordon, who in return renamed the promotion Eastern Championship Wrestling. When Eastern Championship Wrestling was founded, it was a member of the National Wrestling Alliance (NWA).[/CODE] Either way, Tri-State went under in 1992 giving rise to ECW. So only one of those promotions should be in the game.

Some more notes on promotions in the 1992 data. *Nobuhiko Takada is the man in charge of of UWF. *Polynesian Pacific Wrestling folded in 1988. This applies to the 1991 data also. *WAR formed after the collapse of Super World of Sports, so one of the two should not be present.

[QUOTE=Johnny Fenoli;447584]It's funny how this has turned to an urban legend with so many different ways it went down. [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0050wRWVhMk[/url][/QUOTE] Haha, amazing what you can find on Ytube! :).. Lol, well sorta close, i remember some sort of glass being involved lol! :) MP

A couple O' notes In the 1991 mod Kerry Von Erich has the IC title though Mr. Perfect held it at this time. The title change is in the history section, Kerry Von Erich is just set holding it. Also Kevin Von Erich is marked as out of the business but didn't retire until 1995.

Just to run down a few of these real quick, you guys might want to wait until my official update before updating your game with everything that gets mentioned. I just want to make sure everyone saves themself the trouble of going through wikipedia to check on some things that might seem off a month or so to the naked eye and then reporting it as an error, because further research has been put into the mod then probably all wikipedia articles combined from what I've seen. :o [QUOTE=CW Saton;447634]Some more notes on promotions in the 1992 data. *Nobuhiko Takada is the man in charge of of UWF. *Polynesian Pacific Wrestling folded in 1988. This applies to the 1991 data also. *WAR formed after the collapse of Super World of Sports, so one of the two should not be present.[/QUOTE] The UWF is Herb Abrams UWF, not the Japan promotion. Super World Sports isn't present in the 1992 data. Polynesian Pacific Wrestling had results listed in the Observer all the way until 1993. [QUOTE=SasoreGatame;447651]Just an FYI...Kitao and Tenryu shouldn't be on the WWF Roster for January 1991. They made one appearance for the WWF, and that was WrestleMania VII. And I think Ax had left by early '91 as well.[/QUOTE] They were all listed on WWF payroll at the time according to Meltzer. Kitao and Tenryu worked 2 house shows prior to wrestlemania. Eadie was inactive but didnt leave quite yet. [QUOTE=sabataged;447614]Rick Brogner is in the game twice, once as himself and once as Rick Titan.[/QUOTE] This is a mistake. Get rid of Rick Bogner and keep Rick Titan. [QUOTE=CW Saton;447628]Wiki entry. [CODE]Technically, ECW had its origins in 1991 under the banner Tri-State Wrestling Alliance. Joel Goodhart was the owner of Tri-State Wrestling Alliance. In 1992, Goodhart sold his share of the company to his partner, Tod Gordon, who in return renamed the promotion Eastern Championship Wrestling. When Eastern Championship Wrestling was founded, it was a member of the National Wrestling Alliance (NWA).[/CODE] Either way, Tri-State went under in 1992 giving rise to ECW. So only one of those promotions should be in the game.[/QUOTE] They also could have both just as easily been two individual promotions had Goodhart stayed in charge and not sold anything to Gordon, which he didn't yet, mod time speaking. That was the thought I had there. Wikipedia can be very unrealible thing to rely on as the gospel truth by the way, even though thats correct. Check out this Shane Douglas entry that was up there for quite a long time [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Shane_Douglas&oldid=216697602[/url] [QUOTE=jeven3176;447654]A couple O' notes In the 1991 mod Kerry Von Erich has the IC title though Mr. Perfect held it at this time. The title change is in the history section, Kerry Von Erich is just set holding it. [/QUOTE] This is a mistake back from when I was going to do a November 90 start date, so this is getting fixed. [QUOTE=R0CKSTAR;447661]Brittany Bottoms (Chastity) is listed as an active in-ring MALE on the 92 data. Haven't checked the 91 data.[/QUOTE] This is a mistake (both mods) albeit an understandable one. Sorry Chastity fans. [QUOTE=sabataged;447663]Are you fixing the game world? It has everything set to 100% importance.[/QUOTE] Not quite, some are where I want them, but I'll be fixing importance (as in lowering 5-10%) the US and elsewhere, such as making Australia even less 'importent'. Sorry Tommy.

Archived