|TEW 08| 1991 FTC & 1992 Real World 90's Mod - THE RELEASE

Looks like a great mod, hope it will be tweaked to perfection for when I'll buy TEW2008. Just a question, was one of these two the same mod called "Year of the Warrior"? If so, why did you change that cool name? Maybe Hellwig sued you? =D

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First of all, I want to thank D16NJD16 for his hard work on this. Very much appreciated! ------------------ I'm having a major problem, though. I started a 1992 game and within the first month, WCW, WWF, AJPW, NJPW, GWF and CMLL had ALL lost their TV deals due to poor ratings! Am I the only one having this happen? Surely this can't be normal!

really getting into the 1992 mod but but one question why does hogan have creative controll? i built up a fued between hogan and flair for the 92 rumble and was going to have flair win the vacant world title but hogan refused to lose! i had to have hogan win by dq and flair enter the rumble and win the title that way

[QUOTE=gazwefc83;448645]really getting into the 1992 mod but but one question why does hogan have creative controll? i built up a fued between hogan and flair for the 92 rumble and was going to have flair win the vacant world title but hogan refused to lose! i had to have hogan win by dq and flair enter the rumble and win the title that way[/QUOTE] Just because though I'm not sure if it was an actual clause in his contract (might have been), Hogan had enough influence and was the type of guy that if he didnt want to lose the match, he was not losing the match, case in point with Bret Hart. I mean even anyone who remembers that Royal Rumble remembers how ridiculous Hogan's elimination had to be, with Sid pulling on his arm for an hour on the outside. I'm going to have v1.3 up late tonight.

[QUOTE=gazwefc83;448645]really getting into the 1992 mod but but one question why does hogan have creative controll? i built up a fued between hogan and flair for the 92 rumble and was going to have flair win the vacant world title but hogan refused to lose! i had to have hogan win by dq and flair enter the rumble and win the title that way[/QUOTE] Only because, whether he actually had the clause in his contract (and he may have), Hogan had more power then anyone did with Vince, and if he didn't want to lose to someone, he was not losing, case in point with Bret Hart that led to him leaving. Plus everyone who remembers thar Royal Rumble remembers the ridiculous amount of crap it took to get Hogan eliminated, such as Sid pulling on his arm on the outside for an hour, and then getting nailed from behind.

[QUOTE=D16NJD16;448694]Only because, whether he actually had the clause in his contract (and he may have), Hogan had more power then anyone did with Vince, and if he didn't want to lose to someone, he was not losing, case in point with Bret Hart that led to him leaving. Plus everyone who remembers thar Royal Rumble remembers the ridiculous amount of crap it took to get Hogan eliminated, such as Sid pulling on his arm on the outside for an hour, and then getting nailed from behind.[/QUOTE] I think creative control is accurate for Hogan. I dunno if I'd use it for Warrior. Everytime he didn't like something he'd just leave, he also did the job for Slaughter at the 1991 Royal Rumble which he couldn't have liked.

[QUOTE=jeven3176;448846]I think creative control is accurate for Hogan. I dunno if I'd use it for Warrior. Everytime he didn't like something he'd just leave, he also did the job for Slaughter at the 1991 Royal Rumble which he couldn't have liked.[/QUOTE] I agree actually. Keep a heads up for v1.3 tonight, Im making that change, among other additions.

Is anyone else making the appropriate updates to the 1992 data? I've updated a lot of the things mentioned thus far, but I've not done anything with promotion sizes or network ratings. Is there anyone who has completely updated it and wouldn't mind uploading the data? Assuming of course that D16NJD16 isn't doing so himself, and wouldn't mind someone else doing it?

I don't see the problem with RVD's high stats TBH. Was he not good enough to nab a job in WCW by 92 or 93? Or is my memory a tad fuzzy? Not to mention he was burning it up in Japan (no pun intended) by 94. If you edited RVD, you'd have to edit nearly every single rookie in the database. They're all overinflated if you want to take the DOTT route and be so hard on rookie ratings. The REAL work for this mod needs to be done on promotion and worker bios (many are obvious copy and paste jobs from Wikipedia), and decent logo/banner and worker pic packs need to be produced. Has the importance level problems been solved? I haven't DL'ed the scenario since the original version.

[QUOTE=TNARUDOWN;449470]I love this mod, but I was wondering why the WWF, and WCW always seem to lose there tv deals in the 1992 one?[/QUOTE] For anyone whos having a problem with that I'd suggest going into the editor and moving the networks patience to Very High. [QUOTE=Verbalcody;449502]My WWF ratings are like .07 and .01 and WCW is outdrawing me big time what am I doing wrong? this is the first month of play.[/QUOTE] Well the WWF is the more over promotion, they're on the same size a network, in a better time slot. Quality of the shows perhaps?

Maybe... I'm not doing too much advanced booking is that REALLY important. I'd only been doing it for pay per views so far anyone else having attendace/ratings trouble? how are you solving it? This is an amazing mod by the way I bought TEW because of this mod thank you!

[QUOTE=Verbalcody;449526]Maybe... I'm not doing too much advanced booking is that REALLY important. I'd only been doing it for pay per views so far anyone else having attendace/ratings trouble? how are you solving it? This is an amazing mod by the way I bought TEW because of this mod thank you![/QUOTE] I'm not having attendance problems anymore since I stopped running two shows on the same day, with one being a "B" show. Definatly having ratings issues though, and I'm doing advanced booking.

[QUOTE=Verbalcody;449526]Maybe... I'm not doing too much advanced booking is that REALLY important. I'd only been doing it for pay per views so far [/QUOTE] I don't know the exact numbers, but yes, I believe advance booking for TV shows is also very imporrant.

[QUOTE=Verbalcody;449526]Maybe... I'm not doing too much advanced booking is that REALLY important. I'd only been doing it for pay per views so far anyone else having attendace/ratings trouble? how are you solving it? This is an amazing mod by the way I bought TEW because of this mod thank you![/QUOTE] I too am having problems. I'm even drawing as low as 0.00 for ratings. I'm playing WCW and both I and the WWF are on the verge of losing our TV deals. Right now Im still trying to figure out how to stop this from happening but I'm a good three weeks in and Im pretty postitve after my next show I'll lose tv. The 1991 mod seems more stable when it comes to rating as Ive been playing a WWF game on there today.

Archived