What are diaries for?

[QUOTE=cyberkitten01;453399]That's the same for me, except it's my husband who hits /ignore[/QUOTE] Perhaps If we were to find the part of the brain that controls wrstling "fandom" and we could transplant it from my brain into your husbands, or from your brain into my wife's! That would be fricking awesome. By the way Blasphemy, Kane and Foley are two of my all time faves -yeah they are! :)

[QUOTE=panix04;453409] By the way Blasphemy, Kane and Foley are two of my all time faves -yeah they are! :)[/QUOTE] Foley = GOD! And i've loved Kane from the start, I determine whether i'm going to a house show or not based soley on the fact if Kane is performing. And i'd still leave my wife for you in a heartbeat ;) On that note i'm not really digging your new avatar, its a lil more masculine than your usual, it doesnt suit you :(

[quote=Blasphemywebleed;453413]On that note i'm not really digging your new avatar, its a lil more masculine than your usual, it doesnt suit you :([/quote] Masculine? He's in a West Ham kit for crying out loud, it's the most metrosexual kit in the premiership! :p

[QUOTE=ggazoo;452685]Topic?[/QUOTE] Nice topic;). I'm going to answer it from a reader's point of view, rather then the writer's. Diary's are nice ways to highlight the game, first off. When I read a diary, sometimes I wonder how much of the storyline is "actually" in the game, and how did they pull it off? They help other's get immersed into not only the diary's game, but their own games (again, new idea's and such, but also, just the fact you can read into how much other's are immersed as well). Some of these diary's are so good, that I can picture the characters, see their reactions, and know exactly what makes them tick. It's very interesting, and entertaining to me. Mostly, for me anyways... Diary's give a way for me to actually feel like being at a show that is quite different then one's I see on TV. Some surpass the company (See Nevermore/ECW, Character, think Jim Force) and wrestler's, as far as entertainment, so much that it is amazing just to read how much they almost seem to worship the company they are portraying. VERY GOOD READS. Not just anyone can do one either, or at least keep it going. Takes a bit more then just dedication to the gameplay, to keep a diary up.

It can take a lot of time to keep a good one going. If you have a wife or a life (cos you can't have both!) probably not worth undertaking :) joking aside though, writing a diary brings a new dimension to playing TEW, all of a sudden the booking "comes to life" in an odd kind of way, it is as if, you writing skills are competing for readers much in the same way as a real life fed competes for viewers. If you are interested in doing a diary take a look at the ones in the forums with quite a lot of views and get some ideas on layouts and stuff. Good luck and remember if its not making the game fun don't do it! :)

[QUOTE=panix04;454047]It can take a lot of time to keep a good one going. If you have a wife or a life (cos you can't have both!) probably not worth undertaking :) joking aside though, writing a diary brings a new dimension to playing TEW, all of a sudden the booking "comes to life" in an odd kind of way, it is as if, you writing skills are competing for readers much in the same way as a real life fed competes for viewers. If you are interested in doing a diary take a look at the ones in the forums with quite a lot of views and get some ideas on layouts and stuff. Good luck and remember if its not making the game fun don't do it! :)[/QUOTE] To take off topic for a second, now that destined to fail is truly dead, what did you have planned for mine and my wifes characters? :)

[QUOTE=Blasphemywebleed;454050]To take off topic for a second, now that destined to fail is truly dead, what did you have planned for mine and my wifes characters? :)[/QUOTE] I have missed that diary so much and keep toying with brining it back. So i'm not going to tell you! Perhaps I should make it a monthly or bi-weekly show so i can keep it going. Dunno, have really missed being a forum regular and i know i have a bit of time coming up what with summer holidays and all.

[QUOTE=panix04;454063]I have missed that diary so much and keep toying with brining it back. So i'm not going to tell you! Perhaps I should make it a monthly or bi-weekly show so i can keep it going. Dunno, have really missed being a forum regular and i know i have a bit of time coming up what with summer holidays and all.[/QUOTE] You have been sorely missed oh mighty girly one. The place hasn't been the same without you.

[QUOTE=Blasphemywebleed;454066]You have been sorely missed oh mighty girly one. The place hasn't been the same without you.[/QUOTE] less off topic ramblings i would imagine and more then likely less "columbo-esque" wife jokes. :) Its not a good service i provide, but a service none the less!

Archived