Championship Wrestling from Boston Lives Again (A C-Verse 08 Diary)

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Hyde Hill;487212]Nice crisp show as always and Ash looks better (more menacing) this way actually except for that strand of hair that is left between his ear and eye.[/QUOTE] Actually, I think that's shadow/lighting. I did a blend of his face on Animal Harker's head ;)

[CENTER][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/jkeats/CWB_newsletter.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"]GENE PLUMELLI CUP BRACKETS ANNOUNCED!![/SIZE][/FONT] The biggest event in Boston wrestling will take place at Biker's Paradise on June 27, 2009...it's the 2nd annual Gene Plumelli Memorial Cup Tournament. Last year's event was a rousing success as four top competitors battled over not only the prestigious tournament cup trophy but also the Boston Heavyweight Title. This year, the field has been upped to eight wrestlers and the winner would have to be considered the number one contender to whomever is holding the Boston Title. Word of the tournament has travelled around the wrestling world and CWB officials are pleased to announce that two wrestlers from other territories will be competing. FREEDOM Caribbean Wrestling's Matt Hocking and CZCW's Jerimiah Moose have signed on to take part in the tournament. The brackets have been announced and the first round looks like this: Greg Gauge vs. "Trademark" Thomas Morgan Bradford Peverell vs. Matt Hocking Stevie Grayson vs. Air Attack Weasel Sgt. Bubba Lee West vs. Jerimiah Moose The Pearce Foundation is also scheduled to defend their Boston Tag Titles against Los Luchas (Drago del Arco Iris & Amo del Gato) and there will be a special interview with The Masked Patriot after his emotional win over and shaving of Ash Campbell at Beantown Rumble. All this for only $4.00!! You can't afford to miss it!

[B]Greg Gauge[/B] vs. "Trademark" Thomas Morgan [I]I reckon this could be a match of the night- both of these guys have the skills to deliver in a big way. Greg takes it, as he's too good not to[/I] [B]Bradford Peverell[/B] vs. Matt Hocking [I]What can I say? I diggeth La Peverell[/I] Stevie Grayson vs. [B]Air Attack Weasel[/B] [I]Grayson's decent enough, but just take a look at Weasel's third row and tell he he isn't better[/I] Sgt. Bubba Lee West vs. [B]Jerimiah Moose[/B] [I]A couple of upsets make for a good tournament, plus Moose deserves better than he often gets[/I]

The Pearce Foundation vs. [B]Los Luchas[/B] [I]I don't know... I like Los Luchas.[/I] [B]Greg Gauge[/B] vs. "Trademark" Thomas Morgan [I]As big of a fan of Morgan that I am I just can't see him taking a win over someone like Gauge, who is likely to be the MVP of the tournament.[/I] [B]Bradford Peverell[/B] vs. Matt Hocking [I]Left hook will have Hocking going down in a heap.[/I] Stevie Grayson vs. [B]Air Attack Weasel[/B] [I]I like Weasel + Grayson is so damn bland = I hope Weasel wins.[/I] [B]Sgt. Bubba Lee West[/B] vs. Jerimiah Moose [I]I'm a big fan of the Psychotic Psarge. Moose might get a surprise win, being an outsider and everything, but I kind of chose Weasel for the "outsider who doesn't immidiately lose"-role.[/I] :p I see a Gauge vs. West final with Gauge taking home the cup.

[QUOTE=BuddyGarner;489375]Only seven pages long????? I just found this and started reading it and it was so awesome. Why so few pages why????? More pages! You must build up the company so we can get the inevitable Nemesis I versus Nemesis II fued![/QUOTE] Thanks man! One of the complaints I got in the last one that there was so much stuff to slog through it made it tough for new readers. So I decided to give it a little slower start. Plus my computer died on me and was out of commission for a bit and I got really busy in my professional life. Things will pick up, content-wise, though. Thanks to everyone for checking in!

[b]Pearce Foundation[/b] defeats Los Luchas Locos due to cheating and excessive highspottery! [B]Greg Gauge[/B] vs. "Trademark" Thomas Morgan - since Gauge seems way too good to lose in the first round. Enjoy him while you've got him. [B]Bradford Peverell[/B] vs. Matt Hocking - because Tigerkinney has convinced me that Hocking is a jobber to the island boys and this is the continent of North America. Maybe if this was Championship Wrestling from Brisbane I might change my tune. Stevie Grayson vs. [B]Air Attack Weasel[/B] - He's a Weasel... who attacks... from the air! He's unstoppable! [B]Sgt. Bubba Lee West[/B] vs. Jerimiah Moose - The tough n' gruff dishonorably discharged war hero wins this easily. Overall I think it will come down to Gauge/West with [B]West[/B] stealing the win... honorably I'm sure! Because Gauge is always one call away from a larger promotion, be it in the US, Canada or Japan.

Ye I am reading this too, and its good. Its very good. (tough the match lenght blablablabla.. you know it could be a few more sentences long.. But I dont whine) and the Bald Ash Campbell looks awesome. Really menancing look. + push Air Attack Weasel plz! I hope that Campbell does some kinda character change to more brutal like character. In my game, where I had a fed in Hawaii, I really couldn't get much going on with him, but it's nice to see, that he is one of your promotions 'top stars'.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/jkeats/CWB_heading_logo.jpg[/IMG] [FONT="Impact"][SIZE="6"]THE GENE PLUMELLI MEMORIAL CUP 2009[/SIZE][/FONT] Saturday Week 4, June 2009 57 fans at Bikers Paradise in Boston, MA [I]check out show highlights at [URL="http://breakingtheice.johnkeating.biz"]www.cwb.com[/URL][/I][/CENTER] [B] Dark Match: Ash Campbell d. Ben Williams in 4:01[/B] Squashy McSquashMatch. The fans got into chanting "BALDY" at Campbell (who wore a do-rag the entire match). Andy Hartigan welcomes the fans and also his guest color commentator for the show, Ash Campbell. Ash: [COLOR="Red"]"You're lucky I don't bring a lawsuit on you and this whole company, Hartigan! After the humiliation you put me through last month and now you're showing it on your website?! I'm here to make sure the truth is told and your lies and conspiracies are stopped!"[/COLOR] [B]D-[/B] [B]Bradford Peverell d. Matt Hocking in 7:39 to advance to the semifinals[/B] Might be the "worst" match of the night but it was still a good solid match. Peverell did his usual work the crowd schtick and wins with the Dream Left Hook. Hocking looked solid and is someone we are contemplating bringing in for a run. [B]D- Greg Gauge d. Thomas Morgan in 7:48 to advance to the semifinals[/B] One of the best matches of the year. Gauge went to shake hands with Morgan prior to the match but was shrugged off. A technical clinic as Mrogan and Gauge exchanged holds and counter holds to the delight of the crowd. Gauge wins clean with his Proton Lock. [B]D+[/B] Andy Hartigan calls over Greg to catch a quick word: Hartigan: [COLOR="Purple"]"Greg, that was an amazing win. We've noticed you have a habit of shaking your opponent's hand before the match."[/COLOR] Gauge: [COLOR="Blue"]"Most of my training is from Japan where the sport is honorable. I'm not used to a lot of the roughhouse style that I've seen here but I'll adapt. It doesn't mean I can't still carry myself in an honorable and dignified way, though."[/COLOR] [B]D Sgt Bubba Lee West d. Jerimiah Moose in 7:41 to advance to the semifinals[/B] Decent match. The crowd didn't know much about Moose but really hates West. West came out guns-a-blazin' and Moose took it to him with a nice aerial assault. Moose misses a moonsault and West nails a kneedrop from the second rope for the win. [B]D- Stevie Grayson d. Air Attack Weasel in 11:37 to advance to the semifinals[/B] This match was a little disappointing as I was hoping for more from these two high-fliers. There was some sloppy execution early on but Grayson ends up winning with a reverse bodyblock. [B]D-[/B] As Grayson celebrates, Sgt West and Cpl. Prince charge the ring and beat him down. He holds his own at first but is overwhelmed and beaten down. Prince locks on the Crossface as West stomps away opening a cut on Grayson's forehead. [B]E Greg Gauge d. Bradford Peverell in 12:55 to advance to the finals[/B] Another contender for match of the year. Peverell offered his handshake first and then mocked Gauge by pulling it away. Not a good idea as he received a stiff forearm shot to the chops as a thank you. Gauge has it all over Peverell on technical wrestling so "the Degenerate" had to get a little rough with a low blow to gain control. Peverell went for the Dream Left Hook but Gauge ducked and nails his Shotgun Blast (Stunner) for the win. [B]D+[/B] Sgt. Bubba Lee West comes to the ring: [COLOR="Red"]"Grayson, how's that little boo boo on your head son? You think you're going to come in and beat me in this tournament? Think you're gonna face me here in the semifinals and I wasn't gonna have anything to say about it? It'll be over my dead body the day someone like you beats a Bubba Lee West!!"[/COLOR] [B]D- Sgt. Bubba Lee West (w/ Cpl. Brady Prince) d. Stevie Grayson in 11:31 to advance to the finals[/B] Another excellent match as a bandaged Grayson charges the ring. Emotions got the better of him though as he fought West's fight...an all out brawl. These two tore into each other until West re-opened the cut on Grayson. Stevie fought the good fight but loss of blood combined with the all out beating took it's toll and West wins with the Recon Wrench. [B]D+[/B] Kristen Pearce leads Warren Technique and Kirk Jameson to the ring: [COLOR="Red"]"I just have one thing to say and that is this...The Pearce Foundation are officially through with the team of Rod Remus and Duberry Excess. We have beaten them all over this pit of a state and there's nothing left for us to prove. I have my lawyers working on an injunction against them and believe you me, they will not be receiving any tag title shots as long as I have something to do with it."[/COLOR] [B]E The Pearce Foundation and Los Luchas fight to a double DQ after Du-Rod interferes; The Pearce Foundation retains the Boston Tag Titles[/B] Gato and Dragon del Arco Iris work amazingly together. Once they get some psychology and experience under their belt they could evolve into one of the greatest teams ever. Technique and Jameson are doing nicely as a team and this was a strong tag team encounter. Du-Rod charge the ring and get involved leaving referee Chad Brent no choice but to throw the match out. [B]D-[/B] Andy Hartigan introduces The Masked Patriot. Campbell, disgusted, leaves the announce table as the crowd taunts him: [COLOR="Blue"]"Thank you very much for that reception. I see Cueball Campbell put his tail between his legs and took off but that's all fine and good. I'm here to make a challenge. I feel like I got a little bit of my dignity, a little bit of my pride back last month by shaving him bald...but I'm not done yet. I need to prove to myself that I can beat Primus Allen and regain my Boston Heavyweight Title. I need to know. Now, I'm sure Allen doesn't want to face me again...so let me sweeten the pot. Once again, I will put my mask on the line...this time for a shot at the Boston Title. If I lose, I'll unmask...I think that's an offer too good to pass up."[/COLOR] [B]D- Greg Gauge d. Sgt. Bubba Lee West in 20:16 to win the Plumelli Cup[/B] A strong match but I think they might have left a little on the table from the earlier outstanding matches. This was definitely a very good match though as Chad Brent sent Cpl. Prince back to the locker room early on to avoid interference. Great back and forth action with West getting a lot of heat on Gauge and getting some color. Gauge fights back and wins the match with a La Magistral Cradle to win the tournament. [B]D[/B] Overall Show: [B]D-[/B] Notes: I was thrilled with the match quality in the tournament but really disappointed with the turnout. I thought this might put us close to 100 people. Gauge, playing honorable fighter, is really getting over and now has to be considered the #1 contender facing the winner of TMP-Allen: Title vs. Mask.

[QUOTE=FlameSnoopy;489447]Ye I am reading this too, and its good. Its very good. (tough the match lenght blablablabla.. you know it could be a few more sentences long.. But I dont whine) [/QUOTE] Is that something you guys want to see...more in depth match descriptions? That was never my strength so I really only include it if there's something of importance during the match. But if people really want that I'll try to incorporate it more.

I prefer short match write ups a well, tending only to include enough to give the tone of a match (squash, domination, or even) and an ending finish sequence unless there is a specific event I want to convey, like interference. As for what else you can include, well pictures of hot women are always nice! :D:p

[QUOTE=Dragonmack;489466] As for what else you can include, well pictures of hot women are always nice! :D:p[/QUOTE] Here's a picture of my girlfriend Amber. Don't say I never pandered to my audience :) [IMG]http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v338/37/86/674901358/n674901358_880928_8653.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=James Casey;489481]Well, as I stole my match writeups from yourself and Scapino, I can hardly criticise them - in fact, it's one of the things I like best about your diary. Anyway, glad to have you back and posting (even if it is pictures of women not in any known database :p)[/QUOTE] I don't know, I could picture her as Kristen Pearce! ;) :p

[QUOTE=James Casey;489481]Well, as I stole my match writeups from yourself and Scapino, I can hardly criticise them - in fact, it's one of the things I like best about your diary. Anyway, glad to have you back and posting (even if it is pictures of women not in any known database :p)[/QUOTE] Well the Plumelli cup was posted earlier!! Check above! :)

[QUOTE=FlameSnoopy;489614]Good Ol' Air Attack Weasel lost. ::sadface. But it's fine with the match reports, you just can't get into to the diary that fast, but it really doesn't matter. It works fine.[/QUOTE] Yeah I wanted to get another chapter in for the Grayson-West feud. But I love hearing about guys you like because it makes me come up with things for them. Now that I know AAW seems to be a favorite, I may give him a push and see what he can do.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/jkeats/0907_BoaN.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] QUICK PICKS: BOSTON TITLE; MASK vs TITLE: Primus Allen (c) vs. The Masked Patriot Ash Campbell vs. Jesse Christian Thomas Morgan vs. Greg Gauge SIX MAN TAG MATCH! Du-Rod/Stevie Grayson vs. The Corps/Kirk Jameson Air Attack Weasel vs. Riley McManus

BOSTON TITLE; MASK vs TITLE: [B]Primus Allen (c)[/B] vs. The Masked Patriot [I]as the next masked Patriot is going to debut soon, now would be the time for the old one to unmask. You could even work a storyline out of it if you hire the new one.[/I] [B]Ash Campbell [/B]vs. Jesse Christian [I]Christian doesn't seem quite as good in '08[/I] [B]Thomas Morgan[/B] vs. Greg Gauge [I]because gauge is just one call from japan away from being gone.[/I] SIX MAN TAG MATCH! Du-Rod/Stevie Grayson vs. [B]The Corps/Kirk Jameson[/B] [I]more talent on this team.[/I] [B]Air Attack Weasel[/B] vs. Riley McManus [I]because he has 'the coolest name ever!'[/I]

Normally I like to add a little something but I agree with Dragonmack's assessment entirely. Right down to the picks. I will add one tidbit... [b]Air Attack Weasel[/b]'s name has one other thing going for it... it is not Riley McManus which is about as bland a name as I can envision.

BOSTON TITLE; MASK vs TITLE: [B]Primus Allen (c)[/B] vs. The Masked Patriot [B]Ash Campbell[/B] vs. Jesse Christian Thomas Morgan vs. [B]Greg Gauge[/B] SIX MAN TAG MATCH! Du-Rod/Stevie Grayson vs. [B]The Corps/Kirk Jameson[/B] [B]Air Attack Weasel[/B] vs. Riley McManus In all cases backing the superior worker - except in the main where I went with the guy with the most to lose from losing the match. Allen needs to win to stand out from Ash's shadow and make a stand as his own man.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r219/jkeats/CWB_heading_logo.jpg[/IMG] [FONT="Impact"][SIZE="6"]BIRTH OF A NATION[/SIZE][/FONT] Saturday Week 4 July 2009 53 fans at Biker's Paradise in Boston, MA[I] check out show highlights at [url]www.cwb.com[/url][/I][/CENTER] We open the show with Andy Hartigan welcoming Duberry Excess to the ring: Andy: [COLOR="Purple"]"Du, last month Kristen Pearce made a bold statement and said that the Pearce Foundation would not defend the titles against yourself and Rod Remus, that they have already proved themselves countless times."[/COLOR] Du: [COLOR="Blue"]"Yeah I know, so I had an idea. I have hear a contract for myself and a partner to face the Pearce Foundation for the titles. I just want to get back into the ring with them again and I don't care who my partner is...that's why, I'm letting Kristen Pearce PICK my partner. She can sign his name, whomever she picks and we'll get a title shot. Easy as that"[/COLOR] [B]E- Air Attack Weasel d. Riley McManus in 7:30[/B] There's been a groundswell of support on the internet for the "coolest name in wrestling" and AAW picks up a strong win over rookie McManus here tonight. Riley got a little offense in but it was mostly all Weasel taking this one. [B]E+[/B] Kristen Pearce comes to ringside: [COLOR="Red"]"Mr. Hartigan, let me see that contract please. Thank you. Now, usually I would have my lawyers go over this with a fine toothed comb, but I feel this is too good of an offer to pass up. I accept the challenge and have the perfect partner in mind for you, Mr. Excess. That partner would be the formidable and talented Ben Williams!!"[/COLOR] [B]E[/B] She fills out his name and signs the contract sealing the deal, handing it back to Hartigan. Andy: [COLOR="Purple"]"Thank you, Ms. Pearce and it looks like we have a signed match for next month...The Pearce Foundation vs. Duberry Excess and Ben Williams...oh wait, what's this? There's a clause here that CWB regulates the naming of an official of this match...that official being ROD REMUS!"[/COLOR] [B]E[/B] Pearce flips out! [COLOR="Red"]"This is an outrage! An obvious conspiracy to harm my team's market value!"[/COLOR] Andy: [COLOR="Purple"]"No, Ms. Pearce, I just don't think it's fair to let the champions dictate policy. Now you have a match to get ready for."[/COLOR] [B]E Stevie Grayson, Rod Remus & Duberry Excess d. Sgt Bubba Lee West, Cpl. Prince & Kirk Jameson in 15:23 when Grayson pinned West[/B] Solid action with barley a moment's rest. A livid Jameson started out and tore into Duberry Excess during the ring intros. Solid back and forth action spotlighting the two feuds and Grayson takes the win when West whips him into the corner and he rebounds with a moonsault bodyblock. [B]D Ash Campbell d. Jesse Christian in 17:01 after outside interference from Bradford Peverell[/B] Christian is STILL rusty after his hiatus and I'm hoping that will wear off soon. He's still putting in decent performances though, especially for a company at this level. Ash took a lot of bumps to get over Christian as a powerhouse. Peverell made his way to ringside at around the 15 minute mark and nailed Christian with a Dream Left Hook to KO him for Ash to pin. [B]D- Greg Gauge d. Thomas "Trademark" Morgan in 10:23[/B] A rematch from the Plumelli Cup and these two had the same high quality match. This was something to give Gauge another match as he awaits his Boston title shot against the winner of the main event. Gauge offered a handshake to Morgan, which was refused. Great technical wrestling with Gauge winning with his dreaded Proton Lock. [B]D+[/B] Ash Campbell is leading Primus Allen to the ring for the main event but Allen stops and sends Campbell back to the dressing room, saying he doesn't want his help. [B]D-[/B] The Masked Patriot: [COLOR="Blue"]"Allen, you and Campbell have put me through hell this last year. You took my belt, beat me down, tried to unmask me and make me look weak in the eyes of the Boston fans. Tonight it all comes down to this. Either I win back my title or I unmask you finally win this war. It's true I've never beaten you before but tonight I'm a man with everything to lose"[/COLOR] [B]E+ The Masked Patriot d. Primus Allen in 16:12 after botched interference from Ash Campell; Patriot regains the Boston Hvyt. Title[/B] These two have been noted not to have good chemistry against each other but they still managed a great match, one of the best of the year. It was raw emotion as Patriot battled from underneath, trying to beat the one man he's never pinned. The finish saw Ash make his way back to ringside and try to interfere. Primus screamed at him and this momentary distraction was enough for Patriot to slide in behind and nail the Backdrop Driver for the 1-2-3! [B]D+[/B] Patriot celebrates into the crowd and even downs one of the locals beers! Overall Show: [B]D[/B] Notes: Patriot regaining the title will hopefully pop things a bit. Primus wasn't really going anywhere as champion and there wasn't a ton left to do with him as he didn't really have the experience to carry the company and have main event matches with anyone. The friction between he and Ash should be interesting to develop.

Archived