Match/Segment influence over show ratings

Just looking to clarify a few things. I know they count towards the overall flow of the show but is it segs under 5 minutes that don't count overall? Also, if you have a ten minute match and a ten minute seg, do they both have equal effect on the show rating or does it depend on the type of fed you're in? I ask because playing around with WWE in a few real world mods I've had shows filled with fantastic segs and decent matches getting distinctly average ratings.

[QUOTE=The Shape;458377]Just looking to clarify a few things. I know they count towards the overall flow of the show but is it segs under 5 minutes that don't count overall? Also, if you have a ten minute match and a ten minute seg, do they both have equal effect on the show rating or does it depend on the type of fed you're in? I ask because playing around with WWE in a few real world mods I've had shows filled with fantastic segs and decent matches getting distinctly average ratings.[/QUOTE] 5 Minutes or more effects a workers ability to gain skill 6 minutes or more effects the rating of the show I've had and I've seen diaries where people do a 6 minute plus A* rated angle at the end of their show with say a B+ rated main event and a B rated secondary main event and still get a B show so I'm not sure how angles really effect the show rating. Take a look at D_W_W's HGC C-Verse '97 diary he gets a lot of really high rated angles that don't seem to really pick up his show.

[QUOTE=Outlawjc;458386]So if I run a show with all 5min mathches and Angles, except the Main Event, which gets an A*, is my show grade an A*?[/QUOTE] Now that you bring it up and along those same lines, if someone is inclined to experiment, I'd be curious to know what rating would come up if an entire show was booked without a single segment of 6 minutes in length. The obvious guess (I think) would be that it could be an F-. More likely I suspect it would be +/- one notch from your prestige at the beginning of the show.

I think so many factors go into an overall show rating, yes most of the time its very close the avearge of your segment ratings, with it being slightly weighted towards the final part of the show. I find it very interesting that so many people can get such different overall show results with essentially the same grades. Its always a crap shoot in my opinion if I'm going to just barely make it over the two grades that I need to gain pop or if I'll fall JUST short. Because lets face it a "B" show is only good if you have a C+ pop in the area, other than that its rubbish and useless, well not really but might as well be.

I tried booking a show with all angles at 5 min and matches at 5 mins, i was unsure if non wrestling time counted or not. My main event was 11 mins, graded D+ (sting v. kevin Sullivan, using 1991 mood) show grade was a C, company prestige is C+

[QUOTE=ritwik;459237]How did you get a show rated at C with a main event that was D+ ??[/QUOTE] I've had a couple shows where my overall rating was higher than the main event. Usually have that happen to me when I've got a few angles that are rocking somewhere during the show. They might've outweighed the ****ty Main Event.

Surely if Main Eventer A sneak attacks Main Eventer B backstage it would move his momentum even if it only goes for a minute or so. I don't want to get too overly realistic here, but if the angle is a good angle it should work for people no matter how long it is. Perhaps in the future certain angles could be pushed as "key" angles that are weighted more heavily, but also subjected to the same sort of system as the booking penalties for multiple matches.

[QUOTE=Apupunchau@optonline;458385]5 Minutes or more effects a workers ability to gain skill 6 minutes or more effects the rating of the show I've had and I've seen diaries where people do a 6 minute plus A* rated angle at the end of their show with say a B+ rated main event and a B rated secondary main event and still get a B show so I'm not sure how angles really effect the show rating. Take a look at D_W_W's HGC C-Verse '97 diary he gets a lot of really high rated angles that don't seem to really pick up his show.[/QUOTE] Yeah, a lot of my shows have ended on angles rated as A or A*'s that are typically 6 to 10 minutes long... and to be honest, I think it's only giving me a small boost. It might be taking C+ card to a B-, or maybe a B- to a B, but I don't know for sure and even so, it's not a huge change. Conversely, I've noticed (not in my diary, but in a practice TCW game), that if you end the show with a bad angle, it will drag down your ratings. My best guess is that a bad angle early in the show won't kill your overall rating, but I don't know this for sure. So, in my limited experience, the penalties for a bad angle, especially at the end of the show, are much more severe than the bonuses for a good angle. Basically, it seems like the last match and the second to last match have a much bigger say in my ratings than any the angles that might follow them.

Archived