Sooo...

Tyler Gadzinski

Guess who is going to go see the new Batman movie "The Dark Knight" at the midnight showing tonight.. That's right I am! Me and a buddy are going down to the theatre at midnight then watching The Dark Knight for the next 2 and a Half hours and then I'll get back home at about 3am and go to bed .. wake up at about 745am and go to work at 10am.. But it's so worth it. Anyone else as pumped about this movie as I am?

[QUOTE=Tyler Gadzinski;463493]I was gonna post about it when I got back but it was 3:30am and I had to get to bed.. Greatest movie of the Summer. Heath Ledger should get an oscar for best Villian. THE BEST JOKER EVER! The part that I couldn't help but laugh at was the "Magic Trick" by Joker. Pure Classic Gold.[/QUOTE] You do realize that best villain is not a category at The Oscars.....that's the MTV Movie Awards.

[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;463210]Oscar nominee for sure... Every imaginable category...[/QUOTE] I'll be seeing it in a few days, but, I just have to point out... Oscars are meaningless nowadays. I think they need to cut out about 80 categories, it's just flooded with "oh, ****, we forgot to nominate this guy last time... well, we better let him win this time then" I miss the days of awards meaning something.

[QUOTE=Tyler Gadzinski;463493]I was gonna post about it when I got back but it was 3:30am and I had to get to bed.. Greatest movie of the Summer. Heath Ledger should get an oscar for best Villian. THE BEST JOKER EVER! The part that I couldn't help but laugh at was the "Magic Trick" by Joker. Pure Classic Gold.[/QUOTE] Your right on that as that was a great ****ing movie and Ledger is the Best Joker Ever.

[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;463210]Oscar nominee for sure... Every imaginable category...[/QUOTE] Doubtful, seeing as how the Academy hates anything that's not a Drama. Comedies and Action movies are typically snubbed. In all honesty its the reason Marissa Tomei is hated by some for winning the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress in 1992. And in all honesty, My Cousin Vinny has to be one of the best comedies ever made, and she did a hell of a job in it. Not only that, but the vast majority of the other nominees that year were in all honesty... pretty bland. None em of gave terrible performances, but the truth was they got out acted by a hotter actress who did a better job with her role as a snarky girl from New York. That being said, I still believe Heath Ledger will win Best Actor/Supporting Actor, whichever he gets the nomination for. As it stands I'm positive he would've have got nominated no matter the circumstances, but giving awards to actors who died tragically is one thing the Academy loves more than movies about gay cowboys eating pudding.

[QUOTE=BIGJOSH;463804]You do realize that best villain is not a category at The Oscars.....that's the MTV Movie Awards.[/QUOTE] I did not realize that.. maybe because I've never actually watched the full Oscars. But MTV Movie Awards, I try to catch every year. As far as the statement about Ledger being the best Joker. Yeah, I agree fully. When someone dies because he got so lost in the role. He did a perfect acting job. Sadly to say. Ledger tops Jack Nicholsen as Joker, easily. The Dark Knight is by far the best Batman movie to date. Anyone else got love for Two-Face in this movie. Awesome effects on his face.

I thought Harvey Two Face was going to be the villian for the next batman(yes I believe there will be another batman movie)I'm expecting their going to look for a new joker because the Joker was never caught if you seen the flim.Or they could look through the Batman comics to search for a new villian.

I'll go ahead and echo the sentiments of everyone else here: it was awesome. I caught an 11:20 showing this morning and the theater was STILL packed! I was a little surprised to see several young kids there, as there is absolutely no way I would have brought a little one to see this. A special kudos needs to go the soundtrack composers, in my opinion. The music, notably the chilling Psycho-esque music that played during certain key scenes, was top notch and really added to the suspense. And there was a LOT of suspense! Best movie I've seen in some time.

[QUOTE=MattitudeV2;463965]I thought Harvey Two Face was going to be the villian for the next batman(yes I believe there will be another batman movie)I'm expecting their going to look for a new joker because the Joker was never caught if you seen the flim.Or they could look through the Batman comics to search for a new villian.[/QUOTE] Not positive, I'll have to watch it again... but there was one character there who stood out as being a hint as being the next villian. God willing.

Archived