Vocal crowds hating on a worker

Any way to solve a vocal crowd hating on somebody? I'm currently HGC in the '97 mod and Peter Valentine and Grunt are constantly getting **** on by the crowd, Valentine is getting ready for a push and having my tag matches with the Nation of Filth ruined isn't helping me, lol.

Yeah, its annoying... But the only way to fix it is to get their Performance stats up, I think Basics, Psychology, and Selling in particular. The closer they get to being acceptable the less harsh the crowd will be, ranging from the crowd chanting for them to never return, to just "not being thrilled to see them." Once the crowd is just "not thrilled" then you're almost out of the wood with em, and with any luck a few more months of improvement and the entire audience will finally accept them. Even so, you can still push people with the crowd ****ting on em. I started up a game with SWF (as I need the occaisonal break from masterminding EWA's rise to the top) and, with the crowd currently being both "not thrilled" with Blackjack Robbins and T-Rex, managed to successfully push both. T-Rex has rose to B popularity across America and won the North American title, and Blackjack Robbins has gone from F+s across America to D-s and a D. Still, even at that point I believe it hurts ratings a bit. Best advice I can give is to just make sure Grunt and Peter Valentine both wrestle as often as possible. Even if they aren't scheduled to doing anything on the show that night go ahead and throw them into a Dark Match against people with high Performance skills. If you can, I'd also suggest getting a B Show and making sure they go ahead and beat down someone there as well.

Well, the performance skills don't necessarily help. I regulary had the problem with wrestlers, who had psychology. That wasn't surprising. But I also had a wrestler, who got the note for ages despite never being bad in any of the perfomance skills. They just hated him, and there was [i]no[/I] significant reason why. Finally I put him into Developement for a couple of months. And when he came back, they accepted him. - Maybe because he went up in psychology from C- to C+...

[QUOTE=Malioc;463887]Well, the performance skills don't necessarily help. I regulary had the problem with wrestlers, who had psychology. That wasn't surprising. But I also had a wrestler, who got the note for ages despite never being bad in any of the perfomance skills. They just hated him, and there was [i]no[/I] significant reason why. Finally I put him into Developement for a couple of months. And when he came back, they accepted him. - Maybe because he went up in psychology from C- to C+...[/QUOTE] It's basics primarily. I have a worker who has crap for basics and psychology (E) but decent consistency, selling, etc and she gets a negative crowd reaction. For the record, I have quite a few workers who have C- or worse psychology but C or better in the other areas and they don't get negative feedback from the crowd.

I just want to thank you all for the responses because I was just about to start a thread asking this same question. It is something that has bugged me for quite a while, but I was not sure what caused it. I thought it could have been a gimmick that does not fit the product (like something too risky or subtle) but now I know what causes it.

Archived