Weighting of main event in show's overall; doesn't make sense

I really don't get this. So far in a WWE game I'm running every single show has got the exact rating overall that the main event got, regardless of the quality of the rest of the segments throughout. Even on the face of it I think it's stupid, but the problem is amplified no end when there are segment(s) after the main event which get great ratings which seem to take no effect. For example on my last Smackdown show, the last match was a tag-team match seeing Jeff Hardy & MVP face Carlito & Umaga. It got a B-, which I guess given their momentum each being a C+ isn't bad (though all in all tag matches get murderous ratings for some reason without fail, as the previous Raw main event had been Cena & Matt Hardy vs. JBL & CM Punk, all riding high as far as momentum went, and it got the same rating). After this, there was still four segments though. A Jeff/MVP argument got a B+, then it moved on to the Edge/Vickie Guerrero wedding. The opening part of it featuring all of La Familia got a B- (partly down to me using Linda McMahon instead of Chavo because when I reloaded the game to finish booking I didn't change the brand split settings). Then a promo interrupted by Triple H got a B+, and his subsequent attack on Edge and Vickie, an 8 minute segment to end the show, got an A*. THAT is the real main event, the final part which should influence the immediate reaction of the crowd after the show, but for some reason it seems that the game sees the rating of the last match and weights its influence to ridiculous proportions. I could understand if this was ROH or something, but in a heavily entertainment-based fed segments shouldn't be ignored as they seemingly are.

in my APW game I've had numerous C- main events, only to get a D final rating. Have you tried this with a non-mod. Use the default cornellverse, see if that makes a difference. So many of the problems people are on about are due to these poor real world mods. Edit: Also yes, angles have to be 6 minutes or more to affect the final rating at the end.

Yes, angles must be six minutes to have any effect at all. And honestly, I think that weighing the Main Event (and your match before it) makes sense. Even in entertainment feds, its ultimately the match that people remember. When you think of Wrestlemania II, do you think of Hulk Hogan and King Kong Bundy brawling around the cage, or do you think of the interviews building it up? When the fans go home or turn off their television sets, its that last couple of matches (which were likely between some of the biggest names in the company) that will, or atleast should, be on their minds. As from a gameplay standpoint... do you know how easy it'd be to run an entertainment based company if you could have angles take the place of the Main Event in the final rating? Currently running EWA, a Regional company, and I've recently spit out a couple of B+ angles with ease. (gasp, that's a spoiler!). They still help the show out, but if one of them could've taken the place of the main event then I could've put on a B show... at regional... in Europe. Effectively obliterating anything a wrestling based company could ever hope to put on. With SWF, however, I can usually pull on A and A* angles on a whim. Don't think it'd be right to TCW if SWF had no problem putting on A shows ever week. Ultimately, it would trivialize the game. The Main Event is the single most important segment of your card (yes, the other do carry weight. If nearly every segment is truly amazing it'll outweigh your Main Event, and the opposite is true as well.) Its how it tends to work in real life, and its how it works in the game.

Yes but in a fed like WWE/SWF it's not out of the question for a segment to BE the main event, it happens a lot and generally I'd say for the majority of the fan base they're equally important as the matches. I would have thought that the product settings would allow you to reflect this but that doesn't seem to be the case. [QUOTE=FlameSnoopy;468921]Hmm.. I don't really know about these things, as it is the first TEW -series game im playing, but how long did your segments go? As everybody says they need to be 6 minutes long - or something - to affect to the final rating.[/QUOTE] The A* one was 8 minutes, so it should have effected in some capacity but seemingly not.

[QUOTE]I really don't get this. So far in a WWE game I'm running every single show has got the exact rating overall that the main event got, regardless of the quality of the rest of the segments throughout.[/QUOTE] I get overall show grades different than the main event all the time. Not radically different but different nonetheless.

The A+ segment did effect the grade as it helped negate all the segments, be they angles or matches prior to the main event that where under B-. Especially the second to last match is also pretty improtant. Plus the high rated angles can also be used to influence the crowds mood so your matches wil get an higher then avarege rating. I know that it may be more "realistic" in some ways that an angle is the main event but as comradebot pointed out in the longterm that´s not the case even in E-feds. So the high end of show angles do help just not as major as the last match.

[QUOTE=Hyde Hill;468956]The A+ segment did effect the grade as it helped negate all the segments, be they angles or matches prior to the main event that where under B-.[/QUOTE] Whatever happened to the "peaks and troughs" and "perfect show theory" from 07? My second to last match on this show was a Divas match, following which there were a couple of B+ segs prior to the tag match and then that happened. I think it really should be rated in terms of length, like in this case the secondary thing is the tag match (and I seriously am confused about tag matches on this game, they really overplay experience as a factor in my opinion) and the main event is the bigger seg at the end.

[QUOTE=The Shape;468917] THAT is the real main event, the final part which should influence the immediate reaction of the crowd after the show, but for some reason it [B]seems[/B] that the game sees the rating of the last match and weights its influence to ridiculous proportions. I could understand if this was ROH or something, but in a heavily entertainment-based fed segments shouldn't be ignored as they [B]seemingly[/B] are.[/QUOTE] Thats the key. You think they aren't affecting it, but they are. I had a show, that for all intents and puposes should have been a B show, My main Event was a B+ match, and having played as my fed for 9 months, I can usually tell how a show will come out based on the ratings. However I did an angle after the final match that got a C rating. The Show ended up a C+. So the [B]do[/B] affect your ratings.

It might be an issue with the mod because on the wedding show that I had, the final segment in the show was a 10 minute wedding angle that was crashed and scored an A* rating. The main-event that night was a six-man tag that scored a B rating. The overall show rating was a B+.

All those A and B+ angles ofset your prolly lackluster second to last diva match, so far its been coincedince that the end show rating has been the same as your main event. The Peaks and valleys are still in effect of course but the last two matches and the last angle to a lesser extent are most important. As was the case in 07.

[QUOTE=Rathen4;468924]in my APW game I've had numerous C- main events, only to get a D final rating. Have you tried this with a non-mod. Use the default cornellverse, see if that makes a difference. So many of the problems people are on about are due to these poor real world mods.[/QUOTE] Yep. In fact, as soon as I read the first sentence of the original post, I knew the above was true. Shape, before you talk about something not making sense, try testing it in its native environment. That's like saying a Gallardo's performance doesn't make sense after you put your old Geo Metro engine in it.

it could have something to do with the mod somehow...or with the rest of your card, because it could have to do with that. With the default database playing as SWF I have found that with a B- main event, and then 6-12 minutes of an A* angle later and I have a B or if im lucky a B+ show.

[QUOTE=The Shape;468934]Yes but in a fed like WWE/SWF it's not out of the question for a segment to BE the main event, it happens a lot and generally I'd say for the majority of the fan base they're equally important as the matches. I would have thought that the product settings would allow you to reflect this but that doesn't seem to be the case.[/QUOTE] I can remember many WWE shows with a segment as the "Main Event" - and in every one I would have rather watched a top match rather than a wedding / big reveal / signing. I have had shows which are rated higher than any of my matches - but this is not normal, and nor should it be. It is possible though. But needs very strong angles throughout the card.

[QUOTE=eayragt;469595]I can remember many WWE shows with a segment as the "Main Event" - and in every one I would have rather watched a top match rather than a wedding / big reveal / signing.[/QUOTE] Amen. We all remember the weddings, the contract signings, and we all complain that it was a waste of 15 minutes, and was identical to the last one.

Archived