*sigh* whered that rating come from?

so i just ran my first "whered did that rating come from?" show. i wasnt informed of any penalties, show "seemed" to have went well. i know the angles didnt really count due to being 5 min, but i didnt have a single B- match but got a B- overall. what may have caused the downfall?. :( what behind the scenes penalties might have happened. matches were no less than 10 min long with most being at least 20 min. rundown of ratings B- (dark match) B+ B B (angle 5 min) B B(angle 5 min) A B+ B(angle 5 min) B overall grade: B- "no specific comments about this show" what went wrong?

Franchise - you should check out the definition of IRONY in the dictionary and then re-read Infinity's post :p Seriously - you have been here long enough to know that your main event (last match) is all important. You got a B therefore your show rating is going to be around that grade. Same reason SWF got a B+ - cos they had a fantastic main event. The rest matters far less, indeed your 5 min angles don't matter AT ALL. Yes B- looks to be a slightly harsh grade - but as I looked through, I would only have expected a B. The main event needs to be the best match - it's that simple really. The other matches TEND to just modify that grade slightly. If your last three matches (A,B+,B) had been the other way round (B,B+,A) - then you would probably have got a B+ or an A.

A lack of angles that counted plus not a good seesaw effect as the second to last and the one pryor to the last match where a lot better then your main event. Also the percentages vis a vis grade for a show rating differ from percentages vis a vis grade for a segment.

[QUOTE=Rob4590;471164]Franchise - you should check out the definition of IRONY in the dictionary and then re-read Infinity's post :p Seriously - you have been here long enough to know that your main event (last match) is all important. You got a B therefore your show rating is going to be around that grade. Same reason SWF got a B+ - cos they had a fantastic main event. The rest matters far less, indeed your 5 min angles don't matter AT ALL. Yes B- looks to be a slightly harsh grade - but as I looked through, I would only have expected a B. The main event needs to be the best match - it's that simple really. The other matches TEND to just modify that grade slightly.[/QUOTE] i expected a B as well. im just lost on how it got the (-) in there. and yes, i know how rowdy the tristate area is, (dave fanatics) but ive run B+ there before. i mentioned that the angles didnt have an effect due to time. but when a B- popped up and saw the grade i was like "huh?" lol back to the drawing board!!!

[QUOTE=Hyde Hill;471167]A lack of angles that counted plus not a good seesaw effect as the second to last and the one pryor to the last match where a lot better then your main event. Also the percentages vis a vis grade for a show rating differ from percentages vis a vis grade for a segment.[/QUOTE] lack of angles? i dont think that would be an issue. im running a match ratio of 90%. which on 120 minute show i can run 10-15 minutes of angles before the crowd gets angry about too many angles....

While it does seem odd, my guess as to the low final grade is two-fold. 1. Your last three matches went steadily downhill -- from an A to a B+ to a B in the main event. Your main event was dramatically overshadowed by the previous 2 matches and left the crowd with a sour taste. 2. The second point is similar -- there were at least 3 matches better than your main event and it's possible the main event was the worst match on the show (since it was tied with 3 others at B). So, I think the crowd was disappointed by your main event -- particularly in relation to the rest of the matches -- and it tainted the rating of the whole show. Now a show rating lower than the rating for your main event does seem too harsh IMO, but that's my guess as to what happened.

Region and product doesn't matter as to what your rating is for a show. 5min angles [B]DO NOT[/B] contribute to the show's overall rating. Only [B]6min or longer[/B] angles do. And for the main event, it could have been a very low B -grade, just a few percents away from B-. So, [B]it's not[/B] a surprise rating AT ALL. And for the SWF's B+ card, their main event was A, so that is not a surprise either. It could have been a really high A for that matter. Better booking next time. :P And yeah, you last three matches were A, B+ and B. So no doubt the show is ending B-.. If those matches would have been the other way around, you could have gotten a B+ or even an A.

[QUOTE]lack of angles? i dont think that would be an issue. im running a match ratio of 90%. which on 120 minute show i can run 10-15 minutes of angles before the crowd gets angry about too many angles....[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]5min angles DO NOT contribute to the show's overall rating. Only 6min angles do.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]A lack of angles that [B][U]counted [/U][/B][/QUOTE] clearer now?

[QUOTE=Franchise22;471170]lack of angles? i dont think that would be an issue. im running a match ratio of 90%. which on 120 minute show i can run 10-15 minutes of angles before the crowd gets angry about too many angles....[/QUOTE] It's more like 0-23 minutes before the crowd gets angry. There's about a 10% leeway in either direction, with the possible exception of a 0% angle setting.

[QUOTE=FINisher;471268]Yeap. in a 120min event, lets say with 80%, you can have 13 - 35min worth of angles. (89% and 71%)[/QUOTE] Being picky here, am fairly sure it's 10% either way not 9%. I frequently book 100% matches with 90% match ratio, and am sure I've gotten away with 90% matches on 80% match ratio as well.

I don't see why short angles would have any effect, to me it looks like a lack of build. Your opening match was just as good as your main event, and that's after you built the crowd up with five excellent matches. Put better workers in your main event. One of the guys that pulled out your A would probably be a safe bet.

[quote=Jaded;471269]Being picky here, am fairly sure it's 10% either way not 9%. I frequently book 100% matches with 90% match ratio, and am sure I've gotten away with 90% matches on 80% match ratio as well.[/quote] 90% is actually 100%, it has been in TEW07 aswell in TEW08. The fans won't care if you have 100% matches. :) If you are at 80%, you must have 11% angles atleast. :rolleyes: EDIT: I didn't actually read that to the end.. Hmm. Are you absolutely sure about that 90% when in 80%. I'll go and test. :P

I'm going to guess to reason was actually because your Main Event was the worse rated match on the show. Now I have no proof that it was, but it could have been the lowest "B", and Adam has strongly hinted in the past that there is a penalty to the overall show's rating if the Main Event is the worse match. Imagine that the Main Event was actually a very high B- instead of a very low B. You would still hope for a B, but if there's a relatively large penalty for having the worse show last, it could easily kick you down to a B-.

[QUOTE=FINisher;471282]90% is actually 100%, it has been in TEW07 aswell in TEW08. The fans won't care if you have 100% matches. :) If you are at 80%, you must have 11% angles atleast. :rolleyes: EDIT: I didn't actually read that to the end.. Hmm. Are you absolutely sure about that 90% when in 80%. I'll go and test. :P[/QUOTE] I am absolutely sure it's 90% with an 80% ratio. I run 80% in all games I play and always (read that, [B]ALWAYS[/B]) only run 10% of the show as angles. In a 1.5 hr show (150 mins), I always have 15 minutes worth of angles (usually 3 angles of 5 minute length). The same with a 2 hour show (24 mins) and a 4 hour show/PPV (48 mins). It's one reason why I always run longer shows (so I can use more of my usually bloated roster and book more angles without reducing the amount of wrestling on each show).

Archived