21CW - Style Over Substance!

[IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k225/MarcelFromage/21CW/Upcoming005.png[/IMG] [B]The Exclusive Order of the Centurions Quick Predick[/B] Pit Bull Brown & Red Dragon vs Jonathan Faust & The Landlord [U]Non-title match[/U] DBF vs 'The Complete Package' Joss Thompson (w/Kathleen Lee) DJ Reason vs Luke Cool Phillip Cooper vs Chuck Frisby

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Exclusive Order of the Centurions Quick Predick [B]Pit Bull Brown & Red Dragon[/B] vs Jonathan Faust & The Landlord [I]Landlord gets jobbing for the champion duty[/I] Non-title match DBF vs 'The Complete Package' [B]Joss Thompson[/B] (w/Kathleen Lee) [I]non title with a good opponent = loss for champion[/I] DJ Reason vs [B]Luke Cool[/B] [B]Because Luke is Cool[/B] :D [B]Phillip Cooper[/B] vs Chuck Frisby [I]He is named for a plastic disc! He can't be allowed to win![/I]

The Exclusive Order of the Centurions Quick Predick [B]Pit Bull Brown & Red Dragon[/B] vs Jonathan Faust & The Landlord [I]Pit Bull pins Landlord, so he gets the victory, but Faust can still have an excuse that he's still not 'good enough' to challenge for the title. And that render you've done of him, does make him look really 'weaselly'[/I] Non-title match DBF vs [B]'The Complete Package' Joss Thompson[/B] (w/Kathleen Lee) [I]Got agree with D-Mack on this one, the UK belt is 'beneath' Thompson but as that belts not on the line, he's pretty much a lock for the win here.[/I] [B]DJ Reason[/B] vs Luke Cool [I]Reason's more nearer to the main event, than Cool is right now, so Cool does the job.[/I] [B]Phillip Cooper[/B] vs Chuck Frisby [I]These are the sort of matches Cooper should be winning, I'll expect that this one will also be played for 'laughs', given Frisby's 'camp' gimmick.[/I]

The Exclusive Order of the Centurions Quick Predick Pit Bull Brown & Red Dragon vs [B]Jonathan Faust & The Landlord[/B] [I]I really can't see Red Dragon being on the winning side in a matche of this calibre. Pit Bull dominates, but his partner takes the pin so Faust can keep dodging him.[/I] Non-title match DBF vs [B]'The Complete Package' Joss Thompson[/B] (w/Kathleen Lee) [I]Shenanigans - do do, do do do! However, what are non-title matches for if not to put over challengers?[/I] [B]DJ Reason[/B] vs Luke Cool [I]For a fed this size, Reason has all the advantages. He's more skilled, more over, and generally better positioned.[/I] [B]Phillip Cooper[/B] vs Chuck Frisby [I]The Hat Man needs wins. Undercard jobs to midcard, so midcard can job to upper card.[/I]

Order of the Centurions Quick Predick Jeff Nova vs [B]???[/b] [I]By shenanigans. Nova can't just start winning, or the Takeover will be forced to back down too quickly.[/I] [B]Adam Matravers[/B] (w/Phoebe Plumridge) vs Leo Price (w/Kathleen Lee) [I]Leo is the jobber of the Takeover.[/I] Genocide vs [B]Rolling Johnny Stones[/B] [I]Johnny! Johnny! Johnny![/I] Davey London vs [B]Igor Ivanoff[/B] [I]What are singles matches/non-title matches for, if not to build challengers?[/I]

[B]Jeff Nova[/B] vs ??? [I]my guess in Nightmare, who will lose by DQ (as you aren't going to waste all that good overness of Nova) but will beat the hell out of the boss.[/I] [B]Adam Matravers[/B] (w/Phoebe Plumridge) vs Leo Price (w/Kathleen Lee) [I]Just because you will want to see if Matravers breaks thru this time to something main event worthy.[/I] Genocide vs [B]Rolling Johnny Stones[/B] [I]paint boy jobs then he and his partner roll johnny Stones[/I] Davey London vs [B]Igor Ivanoff[/B] [I]The Daveys' suck[/I]

[B]Jeff Nova [/B]vs ??? Adam Matravers (w/Phoebe Plumridge) vs [B]Leo Price[/B] (w/Kathleen Lee) Genocide vs [B]Rolling Johnny Stones[/B] Davey London vs [B]Igor Ivanoff[/B] Takeover looks to have further to build before it breaks. Nova wins but by DQ. Johnny's better than Genocide and Igor... well, could go either way but I feel the Ivanoffs have marginally more upside.

[B]Jeff Nova[/B] vs ??? [I]I really like D-Mack's line of thought with this one, as I don't think you'd pull the trigger on Nova- Joss without advertising it. So the Takeover get their hired gun to soften up Nova.[/I] [B]Adam Matravers (w/Phoebe Plumridge)[/B] vs Leo Price (w/Kathleen Lee) [I]Price just seems to be the lesser member of the Takeover, so Matravers takes the win, after Phoebe prevents Kathleen Lee from intefering[/I] Genocide vs [B]Rolling Johnny Stones[/B] [I]No brainer pick[/I] Davey London vs [B]Igor Ivanoff[/B] [I]As if the Ivanoff's need to build their credentials for a title shot any further, just give them the title match and get the belts off Absolutely Worthless 2.0.[/I]

• 1 month later...
[QUOTE=Dragonmack;507485]Welcome Back!! I was beginning to think you pulled a Monkeypox! :D:p I take it school finally slowed down enough for you to get some time to go back to your diary?[/QUOTE] To be honest, I just got a bit tired of the game. I've not played it for a couple of months now. But the other day I checked the boards here for the first time in quite a few weeks and started to get the urge to play again. I've not actually played the game again yet, but I did have a few weeks of this diary stored up that I never posted. So...I'm going to carry on posting this diary up to where I got to (about 6 more shows). In the meantime I'm going to have a think about whether I want to a) carry on with this save and diary, or b) start something else. I'm still quite keen to give 21CW a go, as it's not generally a popular diary choice. But I've never been a big storyline/angle person, which is why ROF was always my fed of choice in TEW. If people are positive about this diary's re-emergence and seem interested in me carrying it on, that might sway my choice to stick with 21CW. Oh, I was also quite amused to see I tied in 'rookie of the month' in my absence!! Finally, it's great to see a lot of old favourites still diary writing on here - I've a bit of catching up to do in my reading! I've only been away 2 months, but it feels like a lifetime in TEW terms!! :D

I know what you mean - I had the same problem with my APW one and I don't think starting term helped either. That said, I'm glad you've brought this back even if it is going to be shortlived. Just as a hint, I'd love to see one of the European promotions done Marcel Style..

[B]'Black Death' Christian Black[/B] vs The Landlord [I]Keep the Faces strong before they face their nemeses![/I] Phillip Cooper vs [B]Joss Thompson[/B] [I]But still, got to keep the heels strong as well. Sorry Hat Guy![/I] [B]Pit Bull Brown[/B] vs Mister King [I]Hah! Mister King, really...[/I] Suicide vs [B]Stevie Stoat[/B] [I]Because Stevie really isn't so bad. Just not good enough, really.[/I]

First of all, good to see you back on the boards :) [quote=Marcel Fromage;507493] I've never been a big storyline/angle person, which is why ROF was always my fed of choice in TEW. If people are positive about this diary's re-emergence and seem interested in me carrying it on, that might sway my choice to stick with 21CW. [/quote] This is why I was surprised you decided to give 21CW a go, as it's very much a storyline/angles based product, and you've said in the past that coming up with 'sports entertainment' style angles isn't really your thing. For me what was so good about your ROF diary is that you have a real talent for making us care about the wrestlers (with things like the 'kayfabe' out of ring interviews), despite the fact that there weren't really any angles in the show, and the feuds were all forwarded by the matches themselves. Have you considered trying your hand at one of the Japanese promotions PGHW, GCG or even INSPIRE. You may be the only person who could make INSPIRE interesting, as I find them to be mind numbingly boring as a promotion but I thought the same thing about ROF, until you made them interesting via your diary. Anyway here's my predictions.... [U]Quick Predictions[/U] [B]'Black Death' Christian Black[/B] vs The Landlord [I]Black as Nova's best pal is getting more of a push[/I] Phillip Cooper vs [B]Joss Thompson[/B] [I]Cooper at this point is just a mid-carder and Thompson is part of the top heel faction.[/I] [B]Pit Bull Brown[/B] vs Mister King [I]Brown's a title threat, King's just an irritating heel jobber[/I] Suicide vs [B]Stevie Stoat[/B] [I]Another glorified squash match, as Stoat the singles wrestler clearly trumps the tag teamer in Suicide Agent.[/I]

Archived