Your ultimate jobbers

Playing as NOTBPW again finally (wow they are alot more of a challenge.) I brought in a bunch of young faces with low overness, a few are getting built on flash pin victories (Like Mainstream Hernandez) but others, well, they have been been getting booked to lose, doing just the job of enhancing :) The two biggest scrubs in NOTBPW right now are currently Jake Idol and Jackpot Jordan (renamed to Jordan Idol). Within the first two months, this tandem have lost 10 matches combined, between singles and tag team matches and have yet to pick up a win. R.K Hayes destroyed Jordan in a singles match one week, dominated the team in a handicap match the next week and then teamed with Jumbo Jackson to beat them again the following week. Their best tag match was the most recent putting over the Can-Am Blondes for the title (Despite having no wins, I gave them the shot!) which got a D+ rating! Someday, when these guys get a little better stat wise, they will be the force to be reckoned with, but right now they need to make the monsters of my NOTBPW look like monsters. Also, Ive been having Johnny Bloodstone smash lower card guys in 5 min matches typically, his big wins were over DSJ at Big City Brawl and in a match featuring Bloodstone vs DSJ vs Jeremy the following month. He is now god like in Canada with B+ overness and A momentum. RK Hayes also has beast momentum thanks to the feeding of jobbers :) I can see why WWF used to use this so much back in the day now...IT REALLY WORKS! Lol

[QUOTE=shamelessposer;477855]The ultimate jobber for a national promotion is Steve Flash. I think he's too old to really push, but any young up-and-comer can get in the ring with Flash and learn all kinds of things about how to put together a match.[/QUOTE] Flash is great in that role. Unfortunately, he's also probably the best guy you can sign and send down to a developmental territory as a trainer. The best jobber I've had? Me. With user avatar Jack Avatar. Good enough to be midcard even with SWF and happy to job to anyone and everyone. Started out in 08 using The Grand Avatar but he's utterly useless unless you jump up some attributes. Started using Jack and just jobbing him out. I don't bother with storylines or titles, just get other workers over. An occasional win just so he has some momentum....

In my SWF - It started out as Enforcer Roberts, but since he couldn't stop gaining overness it's now Chris Caulfield. I also give him the occasional win to keep him a midcarder, but he is great at getting people over. And he seems happy to do the job as well.

I am playing as WWE and I have at least three guys fo each brand: In Raw, I am using The Highlanders as more of tweeners, but they are possible to get a push as heels soon with Sheamus coming up soon. I am also using Jim Duggan and Val Venis as people who meet the mat a lot. In Smackdown, Jimmy Wang Yang has been taking some loses over time since splitting with Moore and Moore getting a push as a tag team heel. Jesse & Festus have been losing quiet a few lately since I really don't have much for them. And of course you have Funaki! In ECW, I have brought up a few people from FCW which have been having to prove themselves. Urban Assault (Afa Jr, Sonny Siaki, and Eric Perez) have been taking loses on ECW and HeAT (tri-brand show). Colin Delaney have been taking a beating as well. Armando Estrada has been losing a few as well.

Air Attack Weseal has like an A or A* selling right out of the gate and currently has a record of 5-167 for me but he has a C overness and it doesn't matter how much he loses and sometimes he loses with his tag team partner Warren Technique who has a similar record 1-166 also has a C overness. At some point I may give them a push but they are so reliable and everyone seems to have a decent match with them. Both have at least couple chemistry matchups on upper card/main eventer guys so they are usually getting beat up on ppv's too.

[QUOTE=Condors;477889]Air Attack Weseal has like an A or A* selling right out of the gate and currently has a record of 5-167 for me but he has a C overness and it doesn't matter how much he loses and sometimes he loses with his tag team partner Warren Technique who has a similar record 1-166 also has a C overness. At some point I may give them a push but they are so reliable and everyone seems to have a decent match with them. Both have at least couple chemistry matchups on upper card/main eventer guys so they are usually getting beat up on ppv's too.[/QUOTE] It's a good thing Air Attack Weasel and Warren Technique don't make a living off of win bonuses.

In my SWF games I always seem to use Joe Sexy and Frederique as my jobbers. Frederique is your quintessential jobber who loses pretty much all the time. Joe Sexy wins matches & runs his own talk show.... So he gets air time and picks up some wins over less over workers, however, he always seems to loose the big matches. So, he's a glorified jobber in a sense.

[QUOTE]Joe Sexy isn't the greatest worker, but his entertainment skills make him valuable in a SE fed. Those skills alone should allow him to work some solid storylines with lower card faces, to help build them up the roster.[/QUOTE] He typically only workers storylines with younger workers. Who he ends up beating more often than not. He's more of a jobber to my main eventers. He never beats them, however, will interact with them through his talk show to keep his popularity up. Then, I'll have him defeat the young up and comers in a way of working with them and building up their popularity. An occasional "upset" victory happens here and there to give those up and comers a pop bump.

[QUOTE=Eisen-verse;477907]He typically only workers storylines with younger workers. Who he ends up beating more often than not. He's more of a jobber to my main eventers. He never beats them, however, will interact with them through his talk show to keep his popularity up. Then, I'll have him defeat the young up and comers in a way of working with them and building up their popularity. An occasional "upset" victory happens here and there to give those up and comers a pop bump.[/QUOTE] Pretty much how I was intending to use him in my new SWF game. Good to know it works.

[QUOTE=Deevious;478299]Nigel Svenson is the ultimate jobber of all time. I've only been working with him a year, and he is soooo good. He's like a Jay Chord without the charisma and looks, only with an amazing attitude.[/QUOTE] Reading through the thread, i was going to bring up Svenson. I had the guy on debut for my local promotion. Had him for about 3 years and won one match in total. He would easily pull a C with my main eventers, which is great when you have F+ overness in that area. Sadly, he worked for Inspire as well and once he hit B's in Japan he wanted to concentrate on that market.

In my CZCW game I had Air Attack Weasel, Nomad and Cal Sanders as guys I hired to job like crazy. Thomas Morgan and Warren Technique as well. Later on I jobbed the hell out of Marc Speed and Flying Jimmy Fox when they outlived their usefulness. In my TCW game the ultimate jobbers have been Randall Hopkirk, Billy Jack Shearer and Giant Tana. Say what you will about Tana, but his stamina is a big blunder and I think he would fit better in SWF. I also hired Gino Montero to do jobs (he is the owner of MHW and cannot sign a written deal, so what the hell?) and he has been good at that. Also Lead Belly and Grease Hogg are the tag team jobbers, they work well with practically any other team.

Archived