So I started a game with NYCW with the intent to make them great. My first plan was a lengthy feud for the championship featuring Steve Flash, Grandmaster Phunk, and Honest Frank. The plan was to have a back and forth between these 3 for a few months in an attempt to bump up Frank's overness and eventually take the strap. I figured Flash is a C- so I wanted Frank at least at a D+ before taking it. This was a great plan for a few months until Phunk went to SWF and left me cursing under my breath. No problem I said to myself, I'll replace Phunk with Jack Griffith bring in Jack Sawyer to be a mouth piece for him and all will be well right? Wrong, the month before Jack is set to debut he is picked up by TCW. Alright don't panic I say to myself. Through all this I still have Frank getting better and Flash being amazing. So my new plan is let's put the strap on Whistler for a short period. Everyone loves Whistler he's been with the company for awhile let's give him one more title run before he retires. Sounds great right? So we push Whistler the under dog face who is past his prime making one last run for the title. This is all going to come together at Gang Wars mind you in July where we have a triple threat match with the three. But of course Murphy's Law had other plans. Come May Whistler's contract is up, no big deal I have big plans for the guy I'll resign him. Ha! Whistler wants more than 1,500 per appearance and The Stomper isn't willing to dish all that out. So now a month before the huge match Whistler is going to be leaving the company. Man, you gotta love the challenge, but I can't get a break. I've altered my main event storyline so many times I've forgotten where it's going. Ah well...just had to vent for a minute. I'm sure there are similar stories out there...right?

Gotta love the perils of a smaller company. In my NAPW game, (a created fed that i started in-game). A little over 2 years in, I had been building Shooter Sean Deeley up for months, he was a submission machine and had torn through the company since debuting in a shock victory over one of our top guys Acid. Steve Flash took him on as his protege' following a heel turn by Steve Flash the two have been feuding on and off for aproximately a year including a VERY memorable sub feud between Art Reed (Who came in to defend Flash's actions and condemn Sean Deeley for "whinging"). Anyway, I've taken Shooter Sean from E's to C+'s and even 2 B-'s making him now the most over guy in the company. While he was busy with Art Reed, Flash managed to take the Championship from Marc DuBois (who SWF released upon their fall and never picked up again when they rose back up...SCORE!). Anyway two weeks away from Ultimate Showcase III (our mega event) when Shooter Sean is set to finally take the title off Steve Flash his former mentor turned *******....TCW snap him up :( all that work

I just started a NYCW game with hopes of turning it into a diary someday. As has already been stated, non-aggression pacts will help stop some of the bigger feds poaching your top talent. I don't know what to tell you about old Whistler though... I usually play in freestyle mode, so I don't have to worry about those salary caps.

Part of the fun and the challenge of playing NYCW is and was the constantly changing main event scene, especially in '07. I built a very long running diary ( NYCW: Old School Revisited in the '07 forums if anyone is interested in taking a look ) pretty much off that premise. I did make my user character a wrestler off the jack Avatar persona so i always had a fallback person, but I was constantly losing stars and having to build up new ones. It made for a very interesting and unique roster by the end. And yes Stomper was a tightwad even then. he overruled me multiple times in trying to sign or keep valuable talent! :mad:

[QUOTE=Greg2511;487014]Anyway two weeks away from Ultimate Showcase III (our mega event) when Shooter Sean is set to finally take the title off Steve Flash his former mentor turned *******....TCW snap him up :( all that work[/QUOTE] Why not just move Ultimate Showcase III forward a week? :p

Well I was under the impression that for an event to eventually build up its prestige it needs to stay the same every year and put on the high quality shows in that slot. I'm probably completely wrong though and in which case, should have done. But oh well, too late now. Not gonna give him the title just so he can vacate it anyway

I have been having a real fun time with my current NYCW game. Phunk was signed by SWF and Black Hat Bailey retired in the month of Feburary, so I put on a 2nd show to finish the feud Flash and Flash and to transfer some overness of BH Bailey (and then signed Aaron Jackson and JD Morgan to replace Phunk and Bailey). With that show, I figured out I could run two a month without hurting my finances too hard (helps that I don't have a financial goal). Since then I have risen to Regional and upped the number of shows from 2 to 3 a month. And am just about to finish off a huge feud with Jackson and Flash while JD defends his title against wrestlers from other companies.

[QUOTE=Number_Six;487023]I just started a NYCW game with hopes of turning it into a diary someday. As has already been stated, non-aggression pacts will help stop some of the bigger feds poaching your top talent. I don't know what to tell you about old Whistler though... I usually play in freestyle mode, so I don't have to worry about those salary caps.[/QUOTE] In my NYCW game Whistler up and retired on me JUUUUUST before my TV show debuted. I shoved him into the color chair and he's doing pretty well there now, but it really threw a screwball into my plans.

[QUOTE=Sagitta;487397]In my NYCW game Whistler up and retired on me JUUUUUST before my TV show debuted. I shoved him into the color chair and he's doing pretty well there now, but it really threw a screwball into my plans.[/QUOTE] Just cos a wrestler retires, it doesn't mean you have to stop using them as an active wrestler! In my TCW diary game, I've got Nemesis and Sam Keith still wrestling occasionally, even though both are retired, and they can still put on B-A rated matches.

Yeah, but Whistler really isn't in the same category as those two! ;) But, yes you can use retired wrestlers, you just usually need to use them sparingly and in short matches, usually not in the main event as the crowd doesn't want to see them in the ring for 30 minutes. Treat them like lower carders in terms of ring time and then you shouldn't get any overused messages.

[QUOTE=Rob4590;487414]Just cos a wrestler retires, it doesn't mean you have to stop using them as an active wrestler! In my TCW diary game, I've got Nemesis and Sam Keith still wrestling occasionally, even though both are retired, and they can still put on B-A rated matches.[/QUOTE] Does the fact they are retired affect their performances in any way? Does it make them tire quicker?

[QUOTE=LFC_chris;487479]Does the fact they are retired affect their performances in any way? Does it make them tire quicker?[/QUOTE] It doesnt make them tire quicker but the crowd does not want to see them as much, so you can get the "You used Wrestler X way to much this show" much easier. Just think of Ric Flair coming back every other week on RAW it would just get boring after a while.

[QUOTE=LFC_chris;487479]Does the fact they are retired affect their performances in any way? Does it make them tire quicker?[/QUOTE] You need to be careful how long you use them - but only if you leave their push as a non wrestling one. If you temporarily (ie for the day of the show) change their push to main eventer, then they can be used exactly like any other main eventer. Other than that - there doesn't seem to be any difference in performance at all after retirement.

Archived