ROH : Wrestling Reinvented

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Diary/ROH_Logo.png[/IMG] [B][U]ROH Newswire July 7, 2008 [/U][/B] Ring of Honor and Full Impact Pro management have been served with a written notice from Head Booker and Road Agent, Gabe Sapolsky, indicating that as of August 1, 2008 he will be focusing his time and efforts to only one of the companies, giving both companies ample time to find a replacement. Sapolsky has been with Ring of Honor since the company was born in 2002. Sapolsky notes mental exhaustion as his reason for leaving one of these companies behind, in his final month however, he will attempt to bring whomever replaces him up to speed on the direction of the company’ current angles and storylines. We will report more on this issue as we receive the information. In other Ring of Honor news, Nigel McGuinness, Bryan Danielson, Austin Aries and Davey Richards have all been approached by New Japan Pro Wrestling to go on a tour of the Land of the Rising Sun with them, no decisions have been made public regarding the individuals approached for this deal. Backstage arguments seem to have the current Ring of Honor World Tag Team Champions on edge as Age of the Fall members, Tyler Black and Jimmy Jacobs have been overheard getting into heated arguments, what the arguments have been in regards to is unknown to even ROH management, however, both men have been talked to by ROH management in an effort to extinguish any heat between these two talented workers. ROH is currently gearing up for a huge month of August, with Fight of the Century, Unified, Anarchy in the UK, Epic Encounter II and Gut Check already generating big ticket sales. Full details of the cards for each event will be updated as soon as we receive them. [/CENTER]

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Diary/ROH_Logo.png[/IMG] [B][U]ROH Newswire July 14, 2008 [/U][/B] ROH Management have been in constant contact with numerous individuals that have completed applications and submitted their interest in being the new Head Booker for Ring of Honor. It’s been rumored that at least four of the names in the running are synonymous with professional wrestling, the list that we have may not be 100% accurate, however, at this time it’s being rumored that the four in the wrestling business that are in the running for the ROH Head Booker position are Ted Dibiase, who most notably worked as “The Million Dollar Man” in the World Wrestling Federation from the late 80’s into 1995, another name that popped up is wrestling legend and former multi-promotional champion, Terry Funk, also, current Total Nonstop Action Director of Authority, Jim Cornette is rumored to be in the running for this position and last but not least, “The Messiah” of Extreme Championship Wrestling, Paul Heyman is said to be in the running for the Head Booker position of Ring of Honor. As previously stated, this list is currently only to be held as a rumored list of possible replacements to Gabe Sapolsky, ultimately it will be Sapolsky’s decision which company he wishes to leave when that time comes. ROH “Northern Navigation” is scheduled for July 25, 2008 and coming from Toronto, Ontario, the full card has been released and will look as follows : Chris Hero vs Ruckus Delirious vs Kenny Omega Sarah Del Ray vs Jennifer Blake Go Shiozaki vs Erick Stevens Claudio Castagnoli vs Bryan Danielson Naomishi Marufuji vs Roderick Strong Kevin Steen vs Nigel McGuinness for the ROH World Title The Briscoes & Austin Aries vs Jimmy Jacobs, Tyler Black & Necro Butcher The fans in Toronto will be on hand for a great card, check back to [url]www.rohwrestling.com[/url] for results and release dates for the DVD. [COLOR="Red"][I][SIZE="1"](writer's note : this is an actual card prior to the start date of the diary, please do not use it as a predictions key, backstory still in the making) [/SIZE][/I][/COLOR] As always, you can catch up with all of the latest news from Ring of Honor at [url]www.rohwrestling.com[/url] 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! [/CENTER]

[QUOTE=critical-23;491194]ROH is one of my favorite "indy" promotions. I hope this diary goes the distance. BTW, PLEASE don't turn Delirious heel through a lame love angle!![/QUOTE] DAMMIT! Now you'd spoiled the biggest f'n angle that I had going! Delirious was going to fall head over heels in love with Allison Wonderland, Jimmy Jacobs and Roderick Strong, and it was going to turn into a devil's turnabout nude oil match at Glory By Honor... How DARE you spoil my plans! [CENTER][SIZE="1"](if anyone just took that seriously, there's a tunnel connecting New York to New Jersey that I've got for sale on E-Bay as well, bidding starts at .01)[/SIZE][/CENTER] Thanks for the comments guys, I hope I don't disappoint, however, I do question, would you guys like to see full written out cards, or Newswires with just results? (I've got an idea, but I want to hear from the readers as well)

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Diary/ROH_Logo.png[/IMG] [CENTER][B][U][SIZE="4"]ROH : New Leader Calling[/SIZE][/U][/B][/CENTER] [I][Screen fades in after the exploding ROH logo to Dave Prazak and Becky Bayless sitting in chairs in front of an office door] [/I] [COLOR="Red"]Dave Prazak :[/COLOR] Hello ROH fans, it is currently July 15th, 2008, I’m Dave Prazak and to my left here is Becky Bayless, and we’d like to welcome you to a brand new “series”, I guess you could call it, Becky. [COLOR="Blue"]Becky Bayless :[/COLOR] I guess so, Dave, we really haven’t been told WHAT this video is all about. [COLOR="red"]DP :[/COLOR] Well, what this video is all about is that Gabe Sapolsky, ROH’s head booker and the man who brings all of the fans who love this company the shows that they pour hundreds of dollars out of their pockets, has decided to focus his energy on one company, that one company seems to be Full Impact Pro [COLOR="blue"]BB :[/COLOR] And Full Impact Pro is sort of a sister promotion to Ring of Honor, Dave [COLOR="red"]DP :[/COLOR] Indeed it is, FIP and ROH have been so closely connected that the shows are cross promoted, a lot of the same talent that appear in Ring of Honor also appear in Full Impact Pro, Ring of Honor shows have also had FIP World Championship Matches featured. [COLOR="blue"]BB :[/COLOR] And now Gabe is going to focus all of his time to Full Impact Pro? [COLOR="red"]DP :[/COLOR] That’s what is being said, Becky, so for the past two weeks, Ring of Honor officials, such as owner Cary Silkin have been interviewing possible candidates to take the position of Head Booker of Ring of Honor [COLOR="blue"]BB :[/COLOR] I’ve heard about that Dave, as a matter of fact, the Newswire listed some names. [COLOR="red"]DP :[/COLOR] And unfortunately, the ROH Newswire was incorrect with their final five names, Becky [I][Becky gives a nod with a surprised look on her face][/I] as a matter of fact, let’s go ahead and run down the final five in the head booker search. [I][Graphic hits the screen with a thud] [/I] [COLOR="red"]DP :[/COLOR] First up we have a man who fans in Philadelphia will be very familiar with, of course, he is the “Messiah” of Extreme Championship Wrestling, Paul Heyman. [CENTER][IMG]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e195/2sk74/PaulHeyman.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [COLOR="red"]DP :[/COLOR] Up next, is someone who is pretty unknown in the wrestling community, he’s actually a graduate of Indiana University with a master in Psychology, though he minored in broadcasting, his name is Theodore Thompson. [CENTER][IMG]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l177/tvrdabomb/tizzyortizjersey2.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [COLOR="blue"]BB :[/COLOR] Dave, I have to introduce the next person, because I grew up as a huge fan of him [COLOR="red"]DP :[/COLOR] Well, who didn’t? [COLOR="blue"]BB :[/COLOR] He was an original Horseman and a legend, Tully Blanchard [CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Wrestlers/KyKy/T%20Images/Tully_Blanchard.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [COLOR="red"]DP :[/COLOR] Indeed, what a great pick Tully Blanchard would be, but, when speaking of bookers, people think back over World Championship Wrestling, when they were at their peak, who could deny that at one time, Kevin Sullivan was one of the best bookers in the business? [CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Wrestlers/KyKy/K%20Images/Kevin_Sullivan.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [COLOR="red"]DP :[/COLOR] And without a doubt, the most shocking person to be in the running for this job is highly debated as being the man to create one of the best series of movies, known only as “The Jersey Chronicles”, Kevin Smith, who portrays Silent Bob in all of his movies, has decided to give wrestling a shot, a big wrestling fan himself, what could we expect from Kevin Smith, if he were to take the reigns of Ring of Honor, Becky? [CENTER][IMG]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l177/tvrdabomb/SMITHKEVIN-1.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [COLOR="blue"]BB :[/COLOR] Well, honestly Dave, I’ve seen ever single one of his movies and I’d be a little concerned, Delirious might start babbling and then end it with a “Snoochie Boochies” [COLOR="Red"]DP :[/COLOR] Give him a little bit of credit, Becky, after all, he wasn’t the one responsible for “Gigli”, [I][slight chuckle from Becky][/I] Well fans, what we’ve found out is going to happen is simply this, Cary Silkin, at the request of the rest of the ROH Management who were unable to attend, was requested to videotape the interview process and that’s exactly what we’re going to bring you, highlights of the interviews that took place, some things might shock you as, until the interview was over, these individuals did not know that they were being videotaped. [/CENTER] Coming up next! See how the interviews go down!

[QUOTE=tizzyt;491208] Thanks for the comments guys, I hope I don't disappoint, however, I do question, would you guys like to see full written out cards, or Newswires with just results? (I've got an idea, but I want to hear from the readers as well)[/QUOTE] I like a mix of short descriptions for opening to lower midcard matches, and detailed results for major matches.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Diary/ROH_Logo.png[/IMG] [B][U][SIZE="4"]ROH : New Leader Calling[/SIZE][/U][/B] [I][Fade out and into Cary Silkin sitting at a table with Gabe Sapolsky to his right, they’re both dressed casually] [/I] [COLOR="Red"] Gabe Sapolsky :[/COLOR] As you know, I’m going to be giving up my position as Ring of Honor head booker, which is a reason that out of the, literally, thousands of applications and resumes, we’ve selected you as one of the individuals to come in and talk to us in hopes to find my successor in the front office of Ring of Honor, so, let me ask the first question, “Why do you think that you have what it takes to earn a management position in Ring of Honor?” [CENTER][I] [Cut to Paul Heyman][/I][/CENTER] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]Paul Heyman :[/COLOR] Well quite simply, Gabe, I think that of all of the brilliant minds that are out there in the wrestling business right now, those “untapped” waters, mine would be the most beneficial to the company, simply put, I’ve been exactly where you are, the endless hours of figuring out who is going to do what, who is going to compete for the title during this time, who will be the face of the company as a Heavyweight champion [I][pauses for a moment to take a drink of water][/I] And as you very well know, I took Extreme Championship Wrestling to levels that no one EVER thought that I’d be able to take it, from the ECW Arena in Philadelphia to Madison Square Garden to Budoken Hall, ECW got worldwide coverage from things that I molded, who else in the wrestling business has done the things that I’ve done? [COLOR="DarkOrange"] Cary Silkin :[/COLOR] Vince McMahon? [I][Cut to Kevin Sullivan][/I] [COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Kevin Sullivan :[/COLOR] I think I’d be ideal for this position, because honestly, I’ve booked everywhere pretty much, learned from the greatest finish man in the business, Eddie Graham, I’ve learned from past mistakes and would use whatever I’ve learned to better myself as a booker, I saw what brought WCW to it’s knees and believe firmly that if the WCW would have taken a few pages from Eddie Graham, they’d still be alive and well today. [I] [Cut to Tully Blanchard] [/I] [COLOR="Olive"]Tully Blanchard :[/COLOR] Well, for starters, all of my friends already have jobs with Vince, so you wouldn’t have to worry about me bringing them in here to try to turn things into an “Old School” organization. My father taught me everything that I know about the wrestling business and it was guys like Terry Funk, Bill Watts, Ole Anderson, JJ Dillon and Ric Flair who molded my mind into what it is today, which I think for a promotion like this, would be ideal. [I][Cut back to Paul Heyman] [/I] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]PH :[/COLOR] Vince McMahon is a very different breed of promoter, Vince McMahon took from everywhere to build his empire known as World Wrestling Entertainment starting in the 1980’s when he raided all of the territories buying up their talent much the same way that Eric Bischoff , Paul Heyman did not take from everywhere else, Paul Heyman saw what the “other guys” weren’t doing and gave the American wrestling fans a fresh breath of air so to speak [I][Cut to Theodore Thompson] [/I] [COLOR="SlateGray"] Theodore Thompson :[/COLOR] I’ll be perfectly honest, a person such as myself in a position of booking one of the best promotions in the wrestling industry would be something “different”, let’s take a look at facts, before Gabe Sapolsky became the head booker for Ring of Honor, he worked his way through the business in other avenues, merchandise stands, telephone news lines, “shoot” interviews, he’s done it all. I may not have done all of the things that Mr Sapolsky has done in the business, however, I believe that we do share similar qualities, such as, we’re just wrestling fans, neither of us has an agenda to put ourselves over. [Thompson takes a brief pause] To replace a fan with someone who has their own personal agenda would be a mistake, plain and simply and the wrestling fans, especially the Ring of Honor fans would see right through it. [I][Cut to Kevin Smith] [/I] [COLOR="Sienna"]Kevin Smith :[/COLOR] I’ve done movies, I’ve done TV, I’ve done comic books, I’ve never done wrestling, but been a fan most of my life, I think it would be a great thing to get involved with, sure it would take some getting used to transition wise, but what job or career change wouldn’t? [I][Fade through to Gabe and Cary again] [/I] [COLOR="Red"] GS :[/COLOR] Drugs are always a huge subject of controversy in the wrestling industry, if your top star, a known “trouble maker” and an enhancement talent were all three tested and all three came back for being positive with performance enhancing drugs, how would you handle the situation? [I][Cut to Paul Heyman] [/I] [COLOR="SeaGreen"]PH :[/COLOR] As a head booker, it wouldn’t be my responsibility or decision regarding the situation. [COLOR="Red"] GS :[/COLOR] Your role within this company would give you the power to make these decisions as you see fit, within reason, of course. [COLOR="SeaGreen"]PH :[/COLOR] Well, in that case, I’d send the undercard guy away, because, let’s face it, his “job” has been completed, my top star, I’d give him the option of rehab or to be fired and the trouble maker, it depends on how much trouble he’s caused, if he’s someone that has pissed me, I’d probably send him packing too, but if he’s someone that puts asses in the seats, I might just send him home for a couple of weeks. [I] [Cut to Tully] [/I] [COLOR="Olive"]TB : [/COLOR]They’d all three be out of a job, especially in today’s wrestling. [Awkward silence] [I][Cut to Kevin Sullivan] [/I] [COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]KS :[/COLOR] It would depend to me on the drug policy in place and how many infractions they’ve each had. [I][Cut to Theodore Thompson] [/I] [COLOR="SlateGray"]TT : [/COLOR]Drugs in wrestling is such a touchy subject, I wouldn’t fire anyone right away, I’d give them a chance at first, I’m a firm believer in that everyone deserves a second chance, honestly, if someone is sitting at home, on their day off, smoking a joint, what harm will come from that? It’s stupid that any sport would test for marijuana, it’s the most harmless substance a performer could consume. If we were talking coke, heroin, you know, something harder than pot, then there would be a different story. [I][Cut to Kevin Smith] [/I] [COLOR="Sienna"]KS :[/COLOR] Fired immediately, no questions asked, wrestling is such a hot bed for drug controversy. [/CENTER] *More Coming later tonight or tomorrow! (sorry for the lack of updates the last couple of days, won't happen again*

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Diary/ROH_Logo.png[/IMG] [B][U][SIZE="4"]ROH : New Leader Calling[/SIZE][/U][/B] [I][Fade back in to Dave Prazak & Becky Bayless] [/I] [COLOR="Red"]DP :[/COLOR] Fans, the interviews went on and on, unfortunately, there was a malfunction within production that has left us with no footage of the rest of the interviews, however, we can tell you that the second portion of the interview segment, all of the interviewees consented to and were hooked up to a polygraph machine [COLOR="Blue"]BB :[/COLOR] Well Dave, not all of the contestants, I’ve heard that when Paul Heyman was asked to consent, he laughed and admitted that he couldn’t tell the truth about a lie. [COLOR="Red"]DP :[/COLOR] Which resulted in his disqualification from the running of the position. [COLOR="Blue"]BB :[/COLOR] If I’m not mistaken, Kevin Sullivan also was disqualified from the running [COLOR="Red"] DP : [/COLOR]That is indeed correct, he was found to be lying about a question regarding holding down younger, smaller workers [COLOR="Blue"]BB :[/COLOR] Isn’t Kevin Sullivan himself rather short, Dave? [COLOR="Red"] DP :[/COLOR] There’s always been rumors that Hitler was part jewish, you put two and two together. [I][Becky scratches her head][/I] At any rate folks, we’ve been told that Cary Silkin has come to a decision regarding the position and after a lengthy meeting, it’s been decided that the new head booker for Ring of Honor is Theodore Thompson. [COLOR="Blue"] BB :[/COLOR] And unfortunately, Mr Thompson is not going to be able to appear on the video with us, as he is currently in Ireland on vacation with his family readying himself for his start date, which will be Monday, July 21, 2008. [COLOR="Red"] DP : [/COLOR]It has been promised however that an announcement from Mr Thompson will be sent to all of Ring of Honor, as well as posted on [url]www.rohwrestling.com[/url] for all of the fans to see. Until Toronto for Northern Navigation, I’m Dave Prazak, for Becky Bayless saying thank you and we’ll see you in Toronto. [/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Diary/ROH_Logo.png[/IMG] [B]From the desk of Theodore Thompson[/B] To all staff and performers of Ring of Honor, As many of you may know, I have been chosen to replace Gabe Sapolsky as Ring of Honor Head Booker. While this decision may not be accepted by everyone within the company, I merely ask that you give me a chance to prove my worth to Ring of Honor. Through the next two months, there will be an evaluation done on the current roster in Ring of Honor, there may be some changes made, some people leaving the company, some taking to other roles in the company while there may be some new talent brought in to the company, no decisions have been made, nor will there be any decisions made for some time. I will forever try to keep an open door policy allowing any issues to be brought to my attention as well as to help any talent in any way that I personally can. I look forward to having a great relationship and a chance to reinvent wrestling with Ring of Honor! Sincerely, [I]Theodore Thompson[/I] [/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Diary/ROH_Logo.png[/IMG] [B]ROH Newswire 7/28/2008[/B] ROH Northern Navigation has come and gone, the show was a huge success and was a great card from top to bottom. [U][B]ROH Northern Navigation[/B][/U] 1. Chris Hero beat Ruckus 2. Delirious beat Kenny Omega 3. Sara Del Rey beat Jennifer Blake 4. Erick Stevens vs. Go Shiozaki ended in a 15 minute time limit draw 5. Bryan Danielson beat Claudio Castagnoli 6. Naomichi Marufuji beat Roderick Strong 7. Nigel McGuinness defeated Kevin Steen to retain the ROH World Title 8. The Briscoes & Austin Aries defeated Jimmy Jacobs, Tyler Black, & The Necro Butcher in a No DQ Match On July 26th, ROH presented New Horizons from the Michigan State Fairgrounds and Expo Center in Detroit, Michigan, the show, which will premiere on Pay Per View and On Demand on September 26, 2008 looked like this : [U][B]ROH New Horizons[/B][/U] The Briscoe Brothers (Jay Briscoe & Mark Briscoe) vs. Mitch Franklin & Silas Young [U][B]Four Corner Survival Match[/B][/U] Erick Stevens vs. Ruckus vs. Delirious vs. Shane Hagadorn Kevin Steen vs. Necro Butcher [U][B]ROH World Championship[/B][/U] Nigel McGuinness vs. Claudio Castagnoli Silas Young vs. Kenny Omega Roderick Strong & Naomichi Marufuji vs. Chris Hero & Go Shiozaki (w/ Larry Sweeney) Bryan Danielson vs. Tyler Black (w/ Jimmy Jacobs) In addition to the great card, we've learned that new ROH Head Booker Theodore Thompson has made some contact with some workers in the world of pro wrestling and is promising that his first show "Time to Man Up 2008" will be one to remember, the card for the show, which will come to us from the former ECW Arena in South Philadelphia, will be released this Friday on [url][B]www.rohwrestling.com[/B][/url] [/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w15/TheWho87EWR/Diary/ROH_Logo.png[/IMG] [SIZE="5"][B][U]ROH Time to Man Up 2008[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B][U]ROH World Tag Team Championship[/U][/B] Jimmy Jacobs & Tyler Black © vs Kevin Steen & El Generico Brent Albright vs Eddie Kingston vs Matt Cross The Briscoe Brothers vs The Vulture Squad (Jigsaw & Ruckus) Joey Matthews vs Go Shiozaki [B][U]Four Corner Survival[/U][/B] Sal Rinauro vs Erick Stevens vs Takeshi Morishima vs Adam Pearce [B][U]2 out of 3 falls Grudge Match[/U][/B] Austin Aries vs Roderick Strong [B][U]Top Contenders Tag Team Attraction[/U][/B] Bryan Danielson & Davey Richards vs Chris Hero & Necro Butcher [B][U]ROH World Heavyweight Championship[/U][/B] Nigel McGuinness © vs Delirious [SIZE="5"][B][U]ROH Fight of the Century 2008[/U][/B][/SIZE] Claudio Castagnoli vs Pelle Primeau Erick Stevens & Zach Gowan vs The Briscoe Brothers Eddie Edwards vs Go Shiozaki Brent Albright vs Matt Cross Rocky Romero vs Jimmy Jacobs [B][U]Four Corner Survival - winner receives World Title shot[/U][/B] Necro Butcher vs Bryan Danielson vs Joey Matthews vs ???? Davey Richards vs [a former ROH Champion] Nigel McGuinness & Roderick Strong vs Delirious & Austin Aries [/CENTER] Start your predictions now! Tiebreaker will be guessing the former ROH Champion that will be appearing Show will be up on Thursday, thanks for reading

ROH Time to Man Up 2008 ROH World Tag Team Championship [U]Jimmy Jacobs & Tyler Black[/U] © vs Kevin Steen & El Generico [U]Brent Albright[/U] vs Eddie Kingston vs Matt Cross [U]The Briscoe Brothers[/U] vs The Vulture Squad (Jigsaw & Ruckus) Joey Matthews vs [U]Go Shiozaki[/U] Four Corner Survival Sal Rinauro vs Erick Stevens vs [U]Takeshi Morishima[/U] vs Adam Pearce 2 out of 3 falls Grudge Match [U]Austin Aries[/U] vs Roderick Strong Top Contenders Tag Team Attraction [U]Bryan Danielson & Davey Richards[/U] vs Chris Hero & Necro Butcher ROH World Heavyweight Championship [U]Nigel McGuinness[/U] © vs Delirious ROH Fight of the Century 2008 [U]Claudio Castagnoli[/U] vs Pelle Primeau Erick Stevens & Zach Gowan vs [U]The Briscoe Brothers[/U] Eddie Edwards vs [U]Go Shiozaki[/U] [U]Brent Albright[/U] vs Matt Cross Rocky Romero vs [U]Jimmy Jacobs[/U] Four Corner Survival - winner receives World Title shot Necro Butcher vs [U]Bryan Danielson[/U] vs Joey Matthews vs ???? Davey Richards vs [U]Low Ki[/U] or [[U]a former ROH Champion[/U]] [U]Nigel McGuinness & Roderick Strong[/U] vs Delirious & Austin Aries

ROH Time to Man Up 2008 ROH World Tag Team Championship [B]Jimmy Jacobs & Tyler Black[/B] © vs Kevin Steen & El Generico [B]Brent Albright [/B]vs Eddie Kingston vs Matt Cross [B]The Briscoe Brothers[/B] vs The Vulture Squad (Jigsaw & Ruckus) Joey Matthews vs [B]Go Shiozaki[/B] Four Corner Survival Sal Rinauro vs Erick Stevens vs [B]Takeshi Morishima[/B] vs Adam Pearce 2 out of 3 falls Grudge Match Austin Aries vs [B]Roderick Strong[/B] Top Contenders Tag Team Attraction [B]Bryan Danielson & Davey Richards[/B] vs Chris Hero & Necro Butcher ROH World Heavyweight Championship [B]Nigel McGuinness[/B] © vs Delirious ROH Fight of the Century 2008 [B]Claudio Castagnoli[/B] vs Pelle Primeau Erick Stevens & Zach Gowan vs [B]The Briscoe Brothers[/B] Eddie Edwards vs [B]Go Shiozaki[/B] [B]Brent Albright[/B] vs Matt Cross Rocky Romero vs [B]Jimmy Jacobs[/B] Four Corner Survival - winner receives World Title shot Necro Butcher vs Bryan Danielson vs Joey Matthews vs ??[B]Morishima[/B]?? [B]Davey Richards[/B] vs [Xavier?] [B]Nigel McGuinness & Roderick Strong[/B] vs Delirious & Austin Aries

ROH Time to Man Up 2008 ROH World Tag Team Championship Jimmy Jacobs & Tyler Black © vs [B]Kevin Steen & El Generico[/B] [I]I just feel that it's Steenerico's time as ROH champs.[/I] [B]Brent Albright [/B]vs Eddie Kingston vs Matt Cross [I]Albright and Kingston will just toss Cross around and unless you have some plans for Mad Dogg I see Albright getting the duke.[/I] [B]The Briscoe Brothers[/B] vs The Vulture Squad (Jigsaw & Ruckus) [I]Much of a fan as I am of the Double Stomp/Jig N Tonic combo as a finisher, the Briscoes just effin rule.[/I] Joey Matthews vs [B]Go Shiozaki[/B] [I]Go Flasher!!!!! Hate to low-sell JM but I just enjoy Go's moveset a lot.[/I] Four Corner Survival Sal Rinauro vs Erick Stevens vs [B]Takeshi Morishima[/B] vs Adam Pearce [I]Morishima should DOMINATE~! this match.[/I] 2 out of 3 falls Grudge Match [B]Austin Aries[/B] vs Roderick Strong [I]Aries is the better wrestler, IMO.[/I] Top Contenders Tag Team Attraction [B]Bryan Danielson & Davey Richards[/B] vs Chris Hero & Necro Butcher [I]Tough pick here as all four men are my favorites so I jsut went with the two styles that would mesh well together.[/I] ROH World Heavyweight Championship [B]Nigel McGuinness ©[/B] vs Delirious [I]Although I can't get enough of Delirious, Nigel has been dominant as ROH champion and his new attitude has made him more aggressive.[/I] ROH Fight of the Century 2008 [B]Claudio Castagnoli[/B] vs Pelle Primeau [I]HEY!!!!!!!!![/I] Erick Stevens & Zach Gowan vs [B]The Briscoe Brothers[/B] [I]Why have Zack Gowan on your roster at all?!?!?!? Poor Erick Stevens, btw.[/I] Eddie Edwards vs [B]Go Shiozaki[/B] [I]Kobashi's second coming all the way here.[/I] [B]Brent Albright[/B] vs Matt Cross [I]This won't be a squash but a comfortable win for Albright.[/I] Rocky Romero vs [B]Jimmy Jacobs[/B] [I]Jacobs is on something like a roll lately even though I miss the HUSS! days, I am digging this EMO Jacobs.[/I] Four Corner Survival - winner receives World Title shot Necro Butcher vs [B]Bryan Danielson [/B]vs Joey Matthews vs ???? [I]Can't guess who the mystery person would be and I have yet to see a JM match post-WWE so. . .Dragon!! Dragon!! Dragon!![/I] [B]Davey Richards[/B] vs [Xavier?] [I]Almost said either Samoa Joe or Ki but I would love to see an Xavier return.[/I] Nigel McGuinness & Roderick Strong vs [B]Delirious & Austin Aries[/B] [I]Can't get enough of Delirious, sorry.[/I]

[QUOTE=critical-23;493331] Erick Stevens & Zach Gowan vs [B]The Briscoe Brothers[/B] [I]Why have Zack Gowan on your roster at all?!?!?!? Poor Erick Stevens, btw.[/I] QUOTE] As much as I agree with you, Zach Gowan was a part of the ROH Roster when this mod was set, so I'll use him (let's see if I abuse the poor, one legged bastard)

Can't say I know THAT much about ROH but I'm looking forward to learning! That being said, here are some predictions for you. --- ROH Time to Man Up 2008 ROH World Tag Team Championship [B]Jimmy Jacobs & Tyler Black ©[/B] vs Kevin Steen & El Generico [B]Brent Albright[/B] vs Eddie Kingston vs Matt Cross [B]The Briscoe Brothers[/B] vs The Vulture Squad (Jigsaw & Ruckus) [B]Joey Matthews[/B] vs Go Shiozaki Four Corner Survival Sal Rinauro vs Erick Stevens vs Takeshi Morishima vs [B]Adam Pearce[/B] 2 out of 3 falls Grudge Match [B]Austin Aries[/B] vs Roderick Strong Top Contenders Tag Team Attraction [B]Bryan Danielson & Davey Richards[/B] vs Chris Hero & Necro Butcher ROH World Heavyweight Championship [B]Nigel McGuinness ©[/B] vs Delirious ROH Fight of the Century 2008 [B]Claudio Castagnoli[/B] vs Pelle Primeau Erick Stevens & Zach Gowan vs [B]The Briscoe Brothers[/B] Eddie Edwards vs [B]Go Shiozaki[/B] [B]Brent Albright[/B] vs Matt Cross Rocky Romero vs [B]Jimmy Jacobs[/B] Four Corner Survival - winner receives World Title shot Necro Butcher vs Bryan Danielson vs Joey Matthews vs [B]???? [/B] Davey Richards vs [B][CM Punk?] [/B] [B]Nigel McGuinness & Roderick Strong[/B] vs Delirious & Austin Aries

[CENTER][I][Your mail comes in, a package from PA, you open it up, "OHMYGOD! THE NEW RING OF HONOR DVD IS HERE!!!!" You throw aside the electric bill, the gas bill, the cab-well, you glance over the cable bill, gotta have your internet to get on to greydogsoftware forums, then you open the DVD, pop the DVD into the DVD player, sit down, and are met with the chanting "ROH! ROH! ROH! ROH! ROH!"][/I] [IMG]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l177/tvrdabomb/rohyz3.gif[/IMG] [COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"][B][U]Ring of Honor : Time to Man Up 2008[/U][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] [I][The screen fades from black to the outside of New Albrahama Arena in South Philadelphia, Becky Bayless is standing by a door] [/I] [B][COLOR="YellowGreen"]Becky Bayless : Hi! I'm Becky Bayless and this is Ring Of Honor's Time to Man Up 2008, we're in South Philadelphia, at the former ECW Arena where tonig-[/COLOR][/B] [I][Nigel McGuinness bursts into the scene] [/I] [COLOR="Olive"]Nigel : It's been how many years since ECW ran anything out of this building? Tonight, I'm going to rename this building the "Nigel McGuinness Arena" because as many years as ECW had run shows out of this sweatbox, I'm going to be here year after year after year and everytime I return, the Marquee, if you want to call it that, will read "Nigel McGuinness : ROH Champion" and tonight Delirious, you're just another notch, in this ROH World Championship Belt. [/COLOR] [I][Nigel looks at Becky, tries to check out her ass, then chuckles and walks off] [/I] [I][Fade into the arena] [/I] [COLOR="Red"]Dave Prazak : Welcome fans to The New Albrahama Arena in South Philadelphia, I'm Dave Prazak and tonight I'm being joined by Lenny Leonard as Ring of Honor is in New Albrahama Arena[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Lenny Leonard : And tonight Dave, the crowd is on their feet in anticipation of a great night of Ring of Honor action! [/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]DP : And we're kicking things off with a three way elimination match! [/COLOR] [B][U]Brent Albright vs Eddie Kingston vs Matt Cross[/U][/B] [QUOTE]* Good opening contest, Albright and Cross double teamed Kingston to start out, Kingston to the outside *Nearly 6 minutes in, Matt Cross attempted a Shooting Star Press, but Albright got the knees up, hopped to his feet and applied the Crowbar causing Matt Cross to tap out *Eddie Kingston attacked as soon as Cross tapped, kicking Albright in the head numerous times, Kingston was in control, however, this turned around after a failed suplex attempt was almost turned into a crowbar, Kingston worked his way out of the move, trapping Albright with his shoulders on the mat, using the ropes for leverage and picking up a three count out of nowhere. [/QUOTE] [I][B]Winner : Eddie Kingston Match Rating : C[/B][/I] [B][U]The Vulture Squad vs The Briscoe Brothers[/U][/B] [QUOTE]*Pretty basic tag team match with this one, frequent tags from the more experienced Briscoe Brothers, cutting the ring off *Seven minutes into the match all hell broke loose, all four men fighting all over the ringside area, Jay Briscoe and Ruckus wound up back in the ring, Mark Briscoe backdropped Jigsaw into the crowd, taking out about four people in the first row, Jay set Ruckus up for the Jay Driller, Mark hit the apron, springboarded and Spike Jay Driller put Ruckus away. [/QUOTE] [B][I]Winners : Jay and Mark Briscoe Match Rating : D+[/I][/B] [B][U]Joey Matthews vs Go Shiozaki [/U][/B] [QUOTE]*These men did not get along well in the ring, the match was quite awkward with some missed moves really taking the steam out of the crowd. *Finish came with Larry Sweeney trying to distract Joey Matthews, however, it did not work as Joey hit the Virginia Necktie and put Go away. [/QUOTE] [B][I]Winner : Joey Matthews Match Rating : D-[/I][/B] [B]*DVD EXCLUSIVE*[/B] [I][Cut backstage to Austin Aries] [/I] [COLOR="Teal"]Aries: Roderick Strong, we’ve been down this road before, time after time after time, we’ve met in that ring, as partners and as opponents, well tonight, I take one step closer to what I’ve wanted ever since I came back, to be the first ever two time ROH World Heavyweight Champion and you, Roderick, you’re the first obstacle in my chance of making that a reality, I don’t care anymore about anything except the ROH World Title and I’m going to stop at NOTHING until I regain it.[/COLOR] [SIZE="3"][B][U]The Age of the Fall © vs Kevin Steen & El Generico – ROH World Tag Team Titles[/U][/B][/SIZE] [QUOTE]*The Age of the Fall started off true to form by coming through the crowd and attacking Steen & Generico during their entrance, taking an early advantage. *Kevin Steen took a hard shot into one of the metal signs around the guardrail and was laid out a good portion of the match *The Age of the Fall worked over El Generico, keeping him in the ring at all times, while Allison Wonderland kept nailing Steen with some shots anytime he would move in an attempt to keep him down. *Jimmy Jacobs toyed with Generico, hitting several big moves, including the Contra Code and pulling Generico’s shoulders off of the mat everytime there was a three count. *Twelve minutes into the match, Tyler Black, thinking that Generico has had enough tries to reason with Jacobs, who is met with a slap to the face, and something screamed at him, causing Black to grab Generico, double irish whip, double clothesline is ducked under, rebound brought a huge double dropkick taking out both Jacobs and Black, Steen on the outside recovers, grabbing Allison’ foot and knocking her to the ground, climbs up on the apron and catches his first and the HOT tag from Generico. *Steen takes out Tyler Black, tosses Jacobs to the outside, Allison Wonderland tries to get involved, but Steen grabs her, has her poised for the Package Piledriver, Jacobs makes the save right as he’s about the nail it, Tyler Black climbs up top, Jacobs goes for a piledriver of some sort, Generico grabs Black’ foot crotching him on the top rope, Steen backdrops Jacobs, at this time, Generico leaps over the ropes, climbs up, brings Tyler Black up, TUUURRRNNNBUCKLE BRRRRRAAAAIINNNNBOOOOOSTTAAAHHH!!!!!! *Tyler Black falls back into the ring, Generico follows up with a Running Yakuza Kick to Jimmy Jacobs in the corner while Steen covers, ONE….TWO…. THREEEEEEE!!!! *NEW ROH TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!!!! [/QUOTE] [B][I]Winners and [COLOR="Red"]NEW ROH World Tag Team Champions [/COLOR]: Kevin Steen & El Generico Match Rating : D+[/I][/B] [B]*DVD EXCLUSIVE*[/B] [I][Cut to the back with Bryan Danielson & Davey Richards] [/I] [COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Davey : Well, looks like we’re being forced to team together, and against Chris Hero and Necro Butcher, you know what that means, right? [/COLOR] [COLOR="Sienna"]Danielson : You know, I really don’t even care, all I want is that belt back around my waist, just stay out of my way tonight, got it? [/COLOR] [I][Cut back to the ring] [/I] [B][U]Sal Rinauro vs Erick Stevens vs Adam Pearce vs Takeshi Morishima[/U][/B] [QUOTE]*Quite honestly, this match was more or less a Morishima free for all *Morishima took a few shots from Rinauro, who then hit the rope and was sent flying outside with a modified Amaze Impact, Rinauro bit concrete and his night was over *Adam Pearce was next, after laying out Erick Stevens tried to take it to Morishima, who put Pearce down with a Uranage *Erick Stevens recovered, got a hip attack, followed up by a Scrapbuster and finished off with a Backdrop Suplex[/QUOTE] [B][I]Winner : Takeshi Morishima Match Rating : D+[/I][/B] [B][U]Austin Aries vs Roderick Strong – 2 out of 3 falls Grudge Match[/U][/B] [QUOTE][B]FIRST FALL :[/B] *Normal feeling each other out to start out the match, chain wrestling sequence, both men wind up on their feet, fast standing ovation from the crowd, another chain sequence starts up, as they’re about to finish it both ending on their feet Roderick throws a wrench in the plans and slams Austin down by the hair *Aries and Strong trade elbows, punches, kicks, Roderick takes the upperhand catching Austin by surprise with a roll-up out of an attempted suplex, Roderick Strong picks up a seemingly pre-mature advantage by grabbing the first fall out of nowhere. [B]SECOND FALL : [/B] *Starting right away, Austin hammers in shots to Roderick, Austin takes the upper hand early in the second fall *Great moment nearing the fifteen minute mark of the match with Roderick attempting the Gut Buster, only to have Austin catch him off guard as he was going for the move and turn it into a Crucifix Driver, Aries follows up with a slingshot corkscrew splash for a pinfall to even the score at 1 fall a piece. [B]THIRD FALL : [/B] *Aries & Strong beat on each other through out the third fall, trading chops, Roderick takes a quick advantage *Strong began to unleash his arsenal of backbreakers, first nailing a cradle backbreaker, which Aries quickly kicked out of the pin attempt, Aries attempted to fight Roderick off, however, was met with a powerbomb backbreaker, another pin attempt was kicked out of at two *Roderick continued to dominate the third fall with numerous backbreakers, working the back to the point that it was hard for Austin to stand, Aries mounted a bit of a comeback, chopping Roderick into the corner, cross corner irish whip is reversed with some force, Austin slams into the corner, Roderick follows up with a double underhook powebomb and then slaps on the Stronghold *Aries trying to get out of the Stronghold, but Roderick brings him center ring and slaps it on again, keeping Austin isolated to the center of the ring, after nearly three minutes in the hold and a tremendous amount of struggling, Austin finally reaches the ropes, the fans are on their feet chanting, stomping, slapping the metal signs *Roderick grabs Aries and brings him center ring, running his thumb across his throat signaling the end of the match, grabs Austin for a Gibson Driver, picks him up, but Austin slips out over his back, hits the ropes and nails Roderick in the face with his own sick kick, Aries slowly recovers, climbs up to the top rope, but Roderick follows him up, they trade blows up top, Austin takes the advantage, slams Roderick’ head into the top turnbuckle, leaps over grabbing Roderick and brings him down in a big powerbomb, collapsing on top of him, ONE… TWO…. THREEE!!!! [/QUOTE] [B][I]Winner : Austin Aries Match Rating : C+[/I][/B] [I][Post Match, both men lay exhausted in the ring, they get to their feet and acknowledge each other and meet center ring with a handshake, as the fans chant “ROH! ROH! ROH! ROH! ROH!”] [/I] [B][U]Bryan Danielson & Davey Richards vs Chris Hero & Necro Butcher[/U][/B] [QUOTE]*Necro Butcher and Chris Hero were awful as partners, they couldn’t agree who would start the match, when Hero demanded he start the match, Necro, instead of standing in the corner wandered all around the ring paying more attention to the fans at ringside *The match itself was not very long, it was mostly Hero & Necro arguing and then Necro and Larry Sweeney getting into verbal altercations *Danielson and Davey worked well together, keeping Chris Hero in the ring, every time Necro tried to enter the ring, he was met with a boot to the side of the head from either Danielson or Davey Richards. *Finish came with Chris Hero working his way out of an attempted D.R. Driver and nailing Davey with the Hero’s Welcome, Necro tagged himself in, causing Hero to confront Necro, telling him that he had him finished, Necro instead nailed Chris Hero with a hard shot to the jaw, laying him out cold and leaving the ring *Richards follows up with the D.R. Driver and picks up the win[/QUOTE] [B][I]Winners : Bryan Danielson & Davey Richards Match Rating : C[/I][/B] [B][U]Nigel McGuinness © vs Delirious – ROH World Heavyweight Title[/U][/B] [QUOTE]*Classic Delirious opening, Nigel and Delirious go for a collar and elbow tie-up, but Delirious slipped past, rolled outside, ran around the ring “BA!”’ing , came back in and claimed that Nigel pulled his hair, as he was pulling this stunt, Nigel, having enogh already nails Delirious *Nigel beats up on Delirious, nailing him with European Uppercuts, chops, a few kicks, an attempt at the Jawbreaker Lariat early, but Delirious catches Nigel’ arm, wraps him up in a cobra clutch and drops him with a backbreaker, quick cover and Nigel kicks out at one *Delirious keeps the advantage for a few minutes, however, an irish whip attempt to the corner is reversed, Nigel runs to the cross corner, knee up, Running European Upperc-NO! Delirious moves out of the way, nails a few chops to Nigel McGuinness and CLASSIC DELIRIOUS AGAIN!!! NEVERENDING STORY!!! Delirious delivers thirty short clotheslines in the corner, Nigel slumps in the corner, Delirious screaming, shaking the ropes, looks at Nigel, he runs, PANIC A-no, Nigel rolled out of the way of the Panic Attack and quickly to his feet kicks Delirious hard in the back and follows up with a fast Lariat, cover only gets two *The match continues, both men trading the advantage back and forth, Nigel nails a European Uppercut as Delirious was flying off of the top rope, working over his arm and his neck on the mat, Nigel looks as though he is attempting some kind of submission hold, takes Delirious by both hands, Delirious acts quickly sliding between Nigel’ legs, standing up, still holding on to his hands CHEMICAL IMBALANCE II!!!! Todd Sinclair counts, ONE… TWO…. THR--- NO!!!! *Delirious climbs up top as Nigel is getting up, an attempt of Shadows over Hell is met with a kneelift to the face, Nigel hits the ropes and comes back with a HUGE Jawbreaker Lariat that flips Delirious, landing on the back of his head, Nigel hooks the leg, ONE…TWO…THREE!!! [/QUOTE] [B][I]Winner and [COLOR="red"]STILL ROH World Heavyweight Champion [/COLOR]: Nigel McGuinness Match Rating : B[/I][/B] [COLOR="Red"]D P : Once again Nigel McGuinness conquers a tough opponent and retains the ROH World Heavyweight Title! [/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Lenny : But how long can this streak continue, Dave?[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]DP : I’m not sure, but I’m sure that you and I both will be here to call the action, just like we will be for Fight of the Century! [/COLOR] [I][Fade out to ROH logo with Nigel pissing off the fans] [/I][/CENTER] Overall Show Rating : C+ Comments : This show can be considered a complete success, it should have increased our popularity. Comments, suggestions, etc, all are welcome, even if you want to tell me that I suck

[QUOTE=jw_forever;493789]An awesome show mate. Had a real ROH feel to it. Loved the little dvd extras you put in there too. Nice touch. Keep it up.[/QUOTE] Thanks for the compliment, I was trying to go for that ROH DVD feel (things that the live audience does not see) rather than trying to make it like every show is a TV show. Fight of the Century 2008 will be up this evening, so there's still plenty of time for predictions for that show.

[CENTER][I][After you finish watching Time to Man Up 2008, you realize "HOLY SH*T! There's another DVD in the package!" well, no time to look at the bills yet, there's another ROH show to watch! then you open the DVD, pop the DVD into the DVD player, sit down, and are met with the chanting "ROH! ROH! ROH! ROH! ROH!"][/I] [IMG]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l177/tvrdabomb/rohyz3.gif[/IMG] [SIZE="5"][B][U][COLOR="Red"]ROH Fight of the Century 2008[/COLOR][/U][/B][/SIZE] [I][Screen fades in to the date "Week 1, August 2008" Elizabeth, NJ – Outside, the middle of the afternoon, Larry Sweeney is standing in the parking lot of the arena, a super stretch Hummer Limo drives past him and the rest of the members of Sweet & Sour, Inc, he laughs heavily as it drives by] [/I] [COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]Larry Sweeney : Ha Ha Ha! Boys! Do you know what that Limo was? That was arriving to an arena in STYLE[/COLOR] [I][looks around while everyone, except for Bobby Dempsey is nodding in agreement] [/I][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]and who has more style than Sweet and Sour, Inc?[/COLOR] [I][Hero : Nobody][/I][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"] I made a promise to Ring of Honor that tonight, I would bring back a former Ring of Honor World Champion and as you just saw with that limo, "Sweet and Sour" Larry Sweeney lives up to his word, AGAIN and tonight, WHOEVER decides to take me up on my challenge of facing a former ROH World Champion, will be just as shocked as the rest of the idiots in the crowd tonight! [/COLOR] [I] [Fade in to the arena, crowd pumped up] [/I] [COLOR="Red"]DP : Dave Prazak here, tonight, Lenny Leonard, the fans of Ring of Honor are waiting to see the return of a former ROH World Champion! [/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Lenny : And honestly Dave, there's a few names that are running around in the back as to who the former champion is[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]DP : Well, there's really only a few names that it could be, Samoa Joe, CM Punk, James Gibson, Homicide, Xavier, or even the first ROH Champion, Low-Ki [/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Lenny : It's going to be an exciting night, that's for sure, a four way survival match for a shot at the ROH World Title and how about last night' major happening with Kevin Steen & El Generico winning the ROH World Tag Team Championship? [/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]DP : Definitely a great night last night at Time to Man Up 2008, and it sounds like we're about to get things underway tonight! [/COLOR] [I] ["Crash" by Methods of Mayhem blasts][/I] [B][U]Eddie Edwards vs Go Shiozaki[/U][/B] [QUOTE]• Handshake to start the match, Collar and Elbow Tie-up and the match was all but over • Go ducks a clothesline attempt, nails a superkick, scoops Eddie off of the mat, Capture Suplex, follows it up with a release German Suplex into the corner • The crowd starts going nuts at the obvious squash, after two minutes of beating Eddie Edwards down, Go hits a Go Flasher on Eddie Edwards for the pinfall [/QUOTE] [B][I]Winner : Go Shiozaki Match Rating : D+[/I][/B] [B][U]Claudio Castagnoli vs Pelle Primeau[/U][/B] HEY! [QUOTE]• The crowd plays with Claudio and his "HEY!" for the first couple of minutes, then a handshake • Collar and elbow tie-up in the center of the ring, go behind by Claudio, Pelle with a couple of elbows knocks Claudio back, Pelle hits the ropes ducks under a Swiss Uppercut attempt, nails a kick to Claudio, three chops and Claudio reeling into the corner, monkey flip attempt, but Claudio holds on, Pelle falls back, attempts again and as he jumps back up to try again, Claudio nails a Swiss Uppercut • Match goes on, some back and forth but mostly Claudio dominating • Finish comes with Pelle attempting a moonsault after dropping Claudio with a step-up enziguri, but Claudio got the knees up and followed up with a Ricola Bomb for the three count [/QUOTE] [B][I]Winner : Claudio Castagnoli Match Rating : C- [/I][/B] [I][B]*DVD EXCLUSIVE*[/B] [/I] [I][Cut to a graphic that says "LAST NIGHT" and then we see the end of the ROH Tag Team Title match, as the clip ends, fade to Kevin Steen & El Generico, obviously after their match coming to the back, both exhausted] [/I] [COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"] Steen : I told everyone! I told everyone that 2008, they'd see me with gold around my waist! 2008 is the YEAR of "Mr Wrestling"![/COLOR] [I][as he's finishing up the statement, Mark & Jay Briscoe enter the scene, half smirking] [/I] [COLOR="SlateGray"]Mark Briscoe : Congratulations boys, congratulations, but what you fools fail to realize is, we own y'all, 'member them bloody fights we had? [/COLOR] [COLOR="Purple"]Jay Briscoe : That's right, that's right, The Briscoe Brothers comin straight at ya boys, don't think I done forgot all them times you threw them cheap shots, Steen, don't think I forgot[/COLOR] [COLOR="SlateGray"]Mark Briscoe : Sho nuff, Sho nuff, just 'member, we own both y'all punk asses, shine our belts up real nice and pretty, cause we fixin to take 'em back. [/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Steen : Anytime, any place punks, anytime any place. [/COLOR] [I][Briscoes glare at Steen & Generico and walk off, cut back to the ring] [/I] [B][U]The Briscoe Brothers vs Erick Stevens & Zach Gowan[/U][/B] [QUOTE]* Remember when WWF used to run all of their squash shows? Yeah, this would have been a dark match to those squash shows *Erick Stevens got dealt with by the Brothers, sent to the outside after a Spiked Jay Driller, they then focused their attention on Zach Gowan playing with him, laughing at him while he hopped around the ring * Finish comes eight minutes in with Jay putting Zach on his shoulders, Mark with a Springboard Doomsday Device and the end of the match came three seconds later[/QUOTE] [B][I]Winners : The Briscoe Brothers Match Rating : D+[/I][/B] [B][U]Rocky Romero vs Jimmy Jacobs [/U][/B] [QUOTE]• Jimmy Jacobs is out with Tyler Black and Allison Wonderland in his corner • Rocky offers a handshake, but Jacobs slaps it away • Back and forth action in the beginning of the match with Jacobs having the upperhand • Romero mounts a good comeback, blocks a DDT attempt from Jacobs, turning it into a Northern Lights Suplex for a near three count • Romero with the advantage, tries to finish Jacobs off with a powerbomb, but Jacobs cracks Romero in the bridge of the nose as he comes up • Action spills to the outside, Allison Wonderland keeps the ref distracted while Tyler Black and Jimmy Jacobs double team Romero, Jacobs whips Romero towards Black, Black with a face plant attempt on the concrete gets met instead with a DDT from Romero • Back in the ring, both men trade the advantage back and forth, Jacobs with the upper hand again shoots Romero into the ropes, duck down, Sunset Flip attempt, but Jacobs grabs the legs, Romero rolls through! Romero grabs Jacobs’ legs in a modified cloverleaf, getting to his feet holding Jacobs up in the Cloverleaf, arching his back, Jacobs trying to fight out of it and Romero lifts Jacobs up in the air catching him in a sit-out Powerbomb out of the cloverleaf!!! ONE… TWO…. THREE!!!! [/QUOTE] [B][I]Winner : Rocky Romero Match Rating : B-[/I][/B] [I][B]*DVD EXCLUSIVE*[/B] [Cut to the back, the super stretch Limo, Larry Sweeney gets out of the limo laughing] [/I] [COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]Larry Sweeney : HEY! NOSY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING BACK HERE? ARE YOU TRYING TO RUIN “SWEET & SOUR” LARRY SWEENEY’S SURPRISE?! GET THE HE-[/COLOR][I][Starts kicking at the camera man until Tank Toland comes and the camera starts shaking about, static – cut back to the ring] [/I] [B][U]Brent Albright vs Matt Cross[/U][/B] [QUOTE]• Much to the dismay of the ROH crowd, this match actually did not take place, both men’ entrance music played, however, netiher man showed up for the match, when the “Bullsh**” chants started, ROH officials scrambled to bring the fans a match in its place[/QUOTE] [I][Dave Prazak and Lenny Leonard are shown looking confused] [/I] [COLOR="Red"]DP : Well fans, we were supposed to bring you a match up between Brent Albright and Matt Cross, however, neither men seem to be in the arena [/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Lenny : Dave, I’m sure that I saw them both backstage earlier today, something has to be going on back there. [/COLOR] [I][“More, More, More” hits and Larry Sweeney comes out with Sweet & Sour, Inc, jeers from the crowd, they all reach the ring] [/I] [COLOR="MediumTurquoise"] Larry Sweeney : Well, since there seems to be two guys in the back who don’t want to get paid tonight, leave it to ME, “The Super Agent” Larry Sweeney to bring you fans a match, since you paid your hard earned money to see one![/COLOR] [I][boos from the crowd][/I] [COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]Tank! Tank! You’ve been working with Bobby this week, haven’t you?[/COLOR] [I][*Bob-Bee Demp-sey! Clap clap clap clap clap* chants start up, Tank starts nodding before sneering at the crowd telling them to shut up] [/I][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]Well, if there’s anyone in the back who wants to come out here and face Bobby Dempsey, then why don’t you just bring yourself down here? [/COLOR] [I][B]Segment Rating : F[/B][/I] [I][The lights go out in the arena, then a quick guitar riff “It’s alright, It’s alright, It’s alright, I’m just… a.. little crazy” then a needle scratches and “I’ll Cast a Shadow” by Pantera starts pumping out of the speakers, the crowd comes unglued when ACE STEEL comes walking out from the back] [/I] [COLOR="Red"]DP : ACE STEEL! ACE STEEL IS BACK IN RING OF HONOR! [/COLOR] [I][Ace gets to the ring, Sweet and Sour, Inc leave the ring, minus Bobby Dempsey, the crowd chants “WELCOME BACK!”] [/I] [B][U] Ace Steel vs Bobby Dempsey[/U][/B] [QUOTE]• Handshake to start the match, which gets Tank & Sweeney screaming at Dempsey • Collar and Elbow tie up, Dempsey headlocks Steel, Steel shoots him off, leap frog twice, tries a hip toss, but Dempsey’ weight keeps him grounded but Ace with a clothesline takes Dempsey off of his feet • Two minutes later and Dempsey with a pathetic attempt at defense and Ace Steel nails the Steel Spike, ending this match rather quickly[/QUOTE] [B][I] Winner : Ace Steel Match Rating : D+[/I][/B] [B][I] *DVD EXCLUSIVE* [/I][/B][I][Cut to the back from there with Davey Richards standing by with Becky Bayless] [/I] [COLOR="Plum"]BB : Hey guys! Becky Bayless here, and Davey Richards, you’ve asked for some interview time, what’s on your mind? [/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Davey : Well Becky, honestly, I’m sick of being overlooked when it comes to World Title matches in Ring of Honor, so, if Larry Sweeney wants to bring in a former ROH Champion tonight, then what better way to get myself noticed than to accept his challenge and defeat this former champion? [/COLOR] [I][Becky starts to say something, but Davey walks off, leaving Becky with a puzzeled look, cut back to the ring] [/I] [B][U]Necro Butcher vs Joey Matthews vs Bryan Danielson vs ???? [/U][/B] [I]Elimination Match : Winner receives a World title shot at Age of Insanity [/I] [QUOTE]• The 4th member of the match is revealed as being WWC’ own “EL Condor” • Necro Butcher and Joey Matthews started at each other, while Danielson and El Condor went at each other • Necro and Danielson soon hooked up, taking the fight outside of the ring, Necro attempted a running big kick while Danielson was against the guardrail, Danielson moved out of the way, crotching himself on the guardrail. • Joey Matthews nailed a powerbomb in the ring on El Condor, who got not much offense in, Danielson rolls in the ring after the powerbomb and nailed a reverse german suplex on Joey Matthews before locking El Condor in the Cattle Mutilation to eliminate him. • Necro recovering hits the ring hard shots to Matthews and Danielson, Danielson finally blocks a shot, he and Matthews double team Necro irish whip to the corner, Matthews whips Danielson in, big elbow to the side of Necro’s head, followed up by a dropkick in the turnbuckles by Matthews • Matthews makes a motion of a camera at Danielson before grabbing Necro, Matthews lifts Necro up on his shoulder, Danielson comes from behind and grabs Necro’s head, SNAPSHOT! Matthews covers and Necro Butcher has been eliminated • As soon as the elimination took place, Danielson kicks Matthews hard in the back as he gets to his knees from the pinfall, follows it up with a kick to the chest, then off the ropes from behind and another hard kick to the spine • Danielson grabs Matthews as he’s writhing in pain, still half on his knees, front face lock, into a double underhook, and, DANIELSON SPECIAL! Cover – ONE… TWO… THR-No, Matthews kicks out • The match continued, Matthews not getting much of an offense in, except the occasional chop, Danielson flipped back out of a back suplex attempt and tried to lock Matthews in the Crossface Chickenwing, but Matthews was able to roll through the move, as Danielson got to his feet, Matthews was waiting, big swing and Danielson ducked, hooking Matthews arm around his neck and REGAL PLEX! ONE… TWO… THREE!!!! [/QUOTE] [B][I]Winner : Bryan Danielson Match Rating : B[/I][/B] [I][“More, More, More” hits again and the fans are booing, Larry Sweeney comes out playing up with the crowd, he gets into the ring, pointing at Davey Richards and takes the mic] [/I] [COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]Larry Sweeney : The moment of truth is here, I heard that there was someone stupid enough to accept my challenge and Davey Richards, it looks like you’re the stupidest man in the Ring of Honor locker room, because you’re about to find out, just WHO you’ll be facing! Ladies and Gentlemen, I give to you… The FIRST EVER ROH CHAMPION… LOW-KI!!!! [/COLOR] Segment Rating : F [I][The crowd pops while “Fighter’s Passion” kicks up, Low-Ki comes from the back, glaring down all of the fans who are popping for him, he glares into the ring while walking down the aisle, climbs into the ring and stares down Davey Richards, then slowly shakes Larry Sweeney’s hand, looking intense as ever][/I] [B][U]Davey Richards vs Low-Ki[/U][/B] [QUOTE]• Unfortunately Low-Ki and Davey Richards just did not work well together, whether Low-Ki was a little rusty or what, the match did not go down as well as the fans were hoping • Davey and Low-Ki traded off through out the match, but thankfully this awkward match did not last very long at all and Low-Ki put Davey Richards away with a Ki Krusher [/QUOTE] [B][I]Winner : Low-Ki Match Rating : C-[/I][/B] [B][U]Nigel McGuinness & Roderick Strong vs Delirious & Austin Aries[/U][/B] [QUOTE]• This was a really good tag match, both teams worked well together, • Austin and Nigel started things off, Nigel took a few cheap shots and got the upperhand early, good team work kept the ring cut off as Nigel and Roderick worked over Austin, • Aries took advantage of an attempted double underhook backbreaker from Roderick by rolling through the move, three arm drags on Roderick followed up by an enziguri and Austin and Roderick make the tag at the same time • Delirious comes in and it’s a basic hot tag, clothesline to Nigel clothesling to Roderick, hip toss to Nigel, hip toss to Roderick, Austin gets involved and Delirious and Aries whip the opposing team to opposite turnbuckles, they check with each other, DOUBLE NEVERENDING STORY, each man hits the short clotheslines 40 times, then as Roderick and Nigel both slump to the mat at the same time, Delirious rushes Roderick, Austin to Nigel DOUBLE PANIC ATTACK! • Todd Sinclair finally restores some order in the match, Delirious and Nigel are going at it, Delirious tags in Aries, irish whip from Delirious and nails a jumping lariat, Aries follows it up with a pendulum elb-NO! Roderick Strong hits Austin with a sick kick to the back of the head before the elbow drop, Roderick follows up dumping Delirious to the outside, and they brawl on the outside • Nigel is slowly getting up, leans up against the ropes, Austin Aries gets to his feet holding the back of his head - JAWBREAKER LARIAT, cover, ONE-TWO-THREE! [/QUOTE] [B][I]Winners : Nigel McGuinness & Roderick Strong Match Rating : B-[/I][/B] [COLOR="Red"]DP : Delirious and Roderick Strong have disappeared, Nigel is celebrating in the ring[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Lenny : Look up at the entrance way Dave! It’s Bryan Danielson! [/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]DP : These two will meet at Age of Insanity, a match that many people have been waiting for the rematch for! [/COLOR] [B][I]Overall Card Rating : C+ [/I][/B] [I](The card is a success, should increase popularity)[/I] [/CENTER] [SIZE="2"][I]I know the show probably wasn't as good as Man Up 2008 and I apologize for that, but trust me, everything that happened on this show will ALLL make sense in the near future[/I][/SIZE]

Archived