SWF: Generation Supreme

[QUOTE=Self;635216]My problem is my lack of knowledge of actual songs. I know that I'd give my version of Johnny Bloodstone some Death Metal to go with his boundless rage. but I know sod all about Death Metal, and when I tried to listen to some I... well... it wasn't a fun time. [/QUOTE] To me, Johnny Bloodstone? Is this:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Self;635216]My problem is my lack of knowledge of actual songs. I know that I'd give my version of Johnny Bloodstone some Death Metal to go with his boundless rage. but I know sod all about Death Metal, and when I tried to listen to some I... well... it wasn't a fun time. And nobody needs A* TV. I mean, if I was seeing A* matches and awesome promos on RAW every week, there'd be no point in watching the PPVs. Make 'em pay for the good stuff. That's my motto.[/QUOTE] Yeah, the knowledge of music could definitely make it tough. I'm luck in that I have relatively diverse tastes, so I know a decent amount of music. And a lot of it - hard rock, alternative, even classic rock - makes for decent entrance music. But I know my limits - people may notice that I don't use much in the way of hip hop. That's simply because I don't know that much. I realize that that style of music should and would be more prominent, but I find it far easier to stick to what I know. And I realize that A* TV is not necessary. I'm quite happy to stay above B so I don't lose popularity. At this point, the A* TV show is really just so that I can say I got one. As for giving them too much quality on TV, yeah and no. Realistically, that could be a concern. But I look at the era of around 2002, when you could get Match of the Year candidates on TV. I think if you offer great matches on TV, but save the big matches that put the biggest names against each other. For example, Rich Money against Pistol Pete Hall was a good match (A), but no one would really expect Hall to win that one. The PPV was headlined by an equally-good match, but one where people would think that Jack Bruce had a legit chance of getting the belt back. Not a bad choice for Mr. Bloodstone, PS. I still like my In Flames choice, though:

I don't think your choice in music is bad, Bigpapa42. But it does need to be more diverse, and some characters just don't fit rock music. It's really hard for me to see Champagne Lover to come out to any sort of rock music. :p I can so see him coming out to Ricky Martin's "Livin' La Vida Loca" though. He always struck me as a Mexican Cornellverse equivalent of Shawn Michaels, except he has a good attitude. I particularly like Jack Bruce's "I wish I had an Angel". That's a great song to go with him.

Wow! Bigpapa42, I've been reading a lot lately and liking a lot of the detail put into the shows and the Avatar notes... whatever you call those. You definitely know what you're doing and where you're going. Correct me if I'm wrong but seeing that last show get an A+ rating was awesome! I've always been putting a lot of effort into getting an A+ show into any promotion I use... so I study the promotions a lot. So much so that I usually keep a TEST game where I don't select a promotion to run and just simulate to see what the computer does. Obviously, that doesn't always work. So I guess I don't have much insight to give you on what you're doing... maybe even tone down some of the detail in the booking notes? Although, that's just coming from my own taste in how a dynasty is put together so you don't really have to listen to my own gripe. ;) Anyways, keep up the great work and check out my dynasty when you can once I get my first show up.

[QUOTE=ampulator;635317]I don't think your choice in music is bad, Bigpapa42. But it does need to be more diverse, and some characters just don't fit rock music. It's really hard for me to see Champagne Lover to come out to any sort of rock music. :p I can so see him coming out to Ricky Martin's "Livin' La Vida Loca" though. I particularly like Jack Bruce's "I wish I had an Angel".[/QUOTE] Yeah, as I said, my music tastes are pretty open, but not wide open. I wouldn't mind having more hip hop music used, but I just don't know that much. I've actually been hoping to find some better music for Marquez and Montero (well, I do like Montero's... Karate Kid FTW!) but just haven't found something that fits that much better. I would go with Ricky Martin or something similar if I was sticking with his ravishing gimmick. But with the revolutionary angle...? I am open to musical suggestions. Always. [QUOTE=ThriceP86;635319]Wow! Bigpapa42, I've been reading a lot lately and liking a lot of the detail put into the shows and the Avatar notes... whatever you call those. You definitely know what you're doing and where you're going. Correct me if I'm wrong but seeing that last show get an A+ rating was awesome! I've always been putting a lot of effort into getting an A+ show into any promotion I use... so I study the promotions a lot. So much so that I usually keep a TEST game where I don't select a promotion to run and just simulate to see what the computer does. Obviously, that doesn't always work. So I guess I don't have much insight to give you on what you're doing... maybe even tone down some of the detail in the booking notes? Although, that's just coming from my own taste in how a dynasty is put together so you don't really have to listen to my own gripe. ;) Anyways, keep up the great work and check out my dynasty when you can once I get my first show up.[/QUOTE] Thanks Thrice.

[FONT=Arial][CENTER][SIZE=6]SWF.com: Generation Supreme Review[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Media/TV%20Shows/Alt/SWFGenerationSupremeTV.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [quote][B][CENTER]SWF.com Review of SWF Generation Supreme - Saturday Week 2 September 2008[/CENTER] [/B] Another entertaining episode of SWF Generation Supreme last night, with more young talent on display. Fans of the Supreme Wrestling Federation can rejoice - the future indeed looks bright. Some of the action seen last night on C.A.N.N. included Art Reed, Enygma, and Gino Montero scoring wins in singles action. The tag team action included wins for The New Wave, Last Chance, and The Watchmen. Pistol Pete Hall scored a win over Paul Huntingdon in a fun match that saw the big cowboy unleash some big offense and surely left his young opponent bruised. Rocky Golden had his hands full against a hard-hitting debuting wresting, but the Golden Child picked up the win. That will not go far to make the big man happy after his loss to Hall at Under Control 2008. And the main event... Well, you had to see it to believe it. For those who missed the broadcast last night, matches will be available to download on SWF.com. Don't miss out! [/quote][quote][B][CENTER]Partial Recap of Matches from SWF Generation Supreme[/CENTER] [/B] [B]Art Reed[/B] d. Jacob Jett + ??? [B]Enygma [/B]d. Ash Campbell + ??? [B]Last Chance[/B] d. Double Deuce + Strong Machine [B]The Watchmen [/B]d. The Biggz Boyz + Team Neptune [B]The New Wave[/B] d. The Avengers [B]Gino Montero[/B] d. El Leon + ??? [B]Pistol Pete Hall[/B] d. Paul Huntingdon [B]Rocky Golden[/B] d. John Pathlow [CENTER][B]Overall Show: B[/B][/CENTER] [/quote][CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Media/SWFWebMid.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][CENTER][SIZE=6]SWF.com: Roster Releases[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Media/SWFWeb.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][CENTER]Saturday, Week 2, September 2008[/CENTER] [/B] The Supreme Wrestling Federation today released several contracted workers from their contracts. More than ten workers were released, including several developmental workers who were at Rhode Island Pro Wrestling and had yet to debut for the SWF. According to a source within SWF management, the workers were not released over financial or performance concerns. Quite simply, the size of the current SWF roster meant that these individuals were not going to be given fair opportunity to display their skills in the near future. As such, the promotion felt it would only fair to give them a chance to pursue success elsewhere. Some may given a chance with the SWF in the future. The same source indicates that more cuts from the roster could forthcoming. Some of those released include Shane Nelson, Lee Rivera, Donnie J, and Rhino Umaga. The Supreme Wrestling Federation wishes all those best wishes in their future endeavors. [CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Media/SWFWebMid.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [/FONT]

[QUOTE=Bigpapa42;635209]Well, need is such a relative term. While I am getting A* pay per views, I still have yet to book an A* show for TV. Plus, I have a pronounced dearth of A* matches at this point. Plus, I'm greedy. [/QUOTE] Getting A* TV Show is quite hard, but possible. I prefer trying to do "perfect show theory" type of shows. Here's run-down from my only A* show, if it could help you somehow Darktime: [B]Match B+[/B] [B]Match D+[/B] Main: Long (6+min) Angle A [B]Match B-[/B] Short (under 6min) Angle B- Short Angle B+ [B]Match B+[/B] Short Angle B Short Angle B+ [B]Match C+[/B] Long Angle A Short Angle B+ [B]Match C+[/B] Long Angle A [B]Match B-[/B] Long(?) Angle B+ Short Angle A Short Angle A [B]Match A[/B] Long Angle A As you can see, you should not worry much about the match ratings. As long as there are peeks and lows (ending in peek of course) there is possibility to get A* TV show. Honestly I'm not that good in booking shows (my shows rates from B-A usually, mostly B and B+), but I hope there is some help from this. If there is anything you want to ask about that show, be my guest.

[QUOTE=Kovic;635340]Getting A* TV Show is quite hard, but possible. I prefer trying to do "perfect show theory" type of shows. Here's run-down from my only A* show, if it could help you somehow Darktime: [B]Match B+[/B] [B]Match D+[/B] Main: Long (6+min) Angle A [B]Match B-[/B] Short (under 6min) Angle B- Short Angle B+ [B]Match B+[/B] Short Angle B Short Angle B+ [B]Match C+[/B] Long Angle A Short Angle B+ [B]Match C+[/B] Long Angle A [B]Match B-[/B] Long(?) Angle B+ Short Angle A Short Angle A [B]Match A[/B] Long Angle A As you can see, you should not worry much about the match ratings. As long as there are peeks and lows (ending in peek of course) there is possibility to get A* TV show. Honestly I'm not that good in booking shows (my shows rates from B-A usually, mostly B and B+), but I hope there is some help from this. If there is anything you want to ask about that show, be my guest.[/QUOTE] That's not too different from how I try to book now. I always try to go for peaks and valleys. I do try to avoid putting angles back-to-back, though, just because of the diary. It might work just fine in the game, but I don't think that comes across as well on TV. I try to book the same in the game as I am going to present in the diary. It doesn't always happen, but that's generally the intent. I might test that exact format out at some point. Thanks. [QUOTE=ampulator;635345]Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait... you got.... wait, wait, wait, wait, wait..... Hell Monkey? Sean McFly, and now Hell Monkey? What are you going to do next, steal Ricky Dale Johnson from TCW? Or Liberty from USPW?[/QUOTE] Crap! That was supposed to be ???, not Mr. Pathlow. That let's the cat out of the bag a bit early... Ah well. I've actually had him signed for awhile and he's been jobbing to build up some overness. He was brought in for a specific purpose - to be part of a tag team that I've finally been able to put together. I won't give away more than that, but they aren't a random throw-together team or one I've aimless signed because of experience. This is one I have plans for. They'll be debuting in the near future. I would definitely grab either RDJ or Liberty if they came up. Either would be plenty useful, even if just to get some younger guys over.

Really enjoyed reading the PPV and Sean McFly is great to have, regardless how good you are doing. I think your music choices are fine, but just for fun, this is where I would have gone... Then, stick him with the Time Traveler gimmick saying that he is from the future...and that he knows he needs to come back and get one more World Title reign to enter the Hall of Immortals (so says the editor at the beginning of the game.) And this is why I don't do a diary, haha. But again, good job on the PPV and I was especially happy to see Sin Inc win.

The Sean McFly piece was excellently written and the points you brought up, are pretty much the same thoughts I've had as towards what Sean McFly's first run would have been like in the SWF and as to why he left the promotion in the first place despite being very much a main event fixture at the time, I've always thought there had to be more to it than going to work for the same promotion as his future wife to be. One question out of interest...I take it that McFly returning to the SWF isn't over the fact that he has split up from Victoria Stone as you have made no mention of that.

[QUOTE=Tigerkinney;635538]The Sean McFly piece was excellently written and the points you brought up, are pretty much the same thoughts I've had as towards what Sean McFly's first run would have been like in the SWF and as to why he left the promotion in the first place despite being very much a main event fixture at the time, I've always thought there had to be more to it than going to work for the same promotion as his future wife to be. One question out of interest...I take it that McFly returning to the SWF isn't over the fact that he has split up from Victoria Stone as you have made no mention of that.[/QUOTE] Sean McFly isn't exactly the right kind of wrestler in the SWF. He could, and did, get popular, but it's situation similiar to Bret Hart and the WWF - McMahon wasn't going to pushing originally, but decided against his own gut desires and pushed Bret Hart. And look where Bret Hart went. You CAN get over with just talent in the SWF... it just takes a while and a good push.

[QUOTE=Tigerkinney;635538]The Sean McFly piece was excellently written and the points you brought up, are pretty much the same thoughts I've had as towards what Sean McFly's first run would have been like in the SWF and as to why he left the promotion in the first place despite being very much a main event fixture at the time, I've always thought there had to be more to it than going to work for the same promotion as his future wife to be. One question out of interest...I take it that McFly returning to the SWF isn't over the fact that he has split up from Victoria Stone as you have made no mention of that.[/QUOTE] Thanks. The McFly piece was something that I wrote awhile back, when I first realized I would likely be able to sign him. At that point, I had no idea yet how I was going to debut him or anything. I ended up putting a fair amount of thought into McFly and why he became as popular as he did, when (as Ampulator points out) he really isn't the ideal SWF prototype star. Probably a lot of unnecessary over-analysis, but its fun. No, split from Victoria. I will get into his motivations a bit, in both a show segment and a backstage segment. But its nothing shocking or twisted. Though that could be fun... [QUOTE=ampulator;635560]Sean McFly isn't exactly the right kind of wrestler in the SWF. He could, and did, get popular, but it's situation similiar to Bret Hart and the WWF - McMahon wasn't going to pushing originally, but decided against his own gut desires and pushed Bret Hart. And look where Bret Hart went. You CAN get over with just talent in the SWF... it just takes a while and a good push.[/QUOTE] Hart is a comparison I keep coming to with McFly. Hart ended up becoming very good in the mic by his later career, though. And Hart didn't get a bit push right out of the gate. He was close to 30 before he was signed by the WWE, and he didn't get much of a push for the first few years. I mean, he was in the tag division for awhile but he never found any solo success until after 1990. So McFly did things a lot earlier than Hart.

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;635572]Wow... having actually read the latest show to find out what all the fuss was about, that was actually awesome. Might have to read the rest of the diary now... bugger :p[/QUOTE] Aw, I feel terrible that you enjoyed it... Just awful... Seriously, glad you enjoyed and hope I have hooked you. Don't know what the readers think, but I still think my Supreme Challenge 28 was probably my best show overall, but the build-up is key. Love that my choice of music for McFly has managed to stimulate a fun discussion on music choices. I think we need to get a [B]CornellVerse The Music: Volume II[/B] thread going. I don't soliciting suggestions in here, but that might be better...

[QUOTE=randomfreeze;635415]Really enjoyed reading the PPV and Sean McFly is great to have, regardless how good you are doing. I think your music choices are fine, but just for fun, this is where I would have gone... Then, stick him with the Time Traveler gimmick saying that he is from the future...and that he knows he needs to come back and get one more World Title reign to enter the Hall of Immortals (so says the editor at the beginning of the game.) And this is why I don't do a diary, haha. But again, good job on the PPV and I was especially happy to see Sin Inc win.[/QUOTE] Actually he needs to [U]either[/U] be a major champion one more time, headliner one more time, a show stealer two more times, one more year of glory, [U]or[/U] become a national icon. Guess what? it's quite easy for him to become a future Hall of Immortals inductee. Make it happen, Bigpapa42. :p

[QUOTE=ampulator;635770]Actually he needs to [U]either[/U] be a major champion one more time, headliner one more time, a show stealer two more times, one more year of glory, [U]or[/U] become a national icon. Guess what? it's quite easy for him to become a future Hall of Immortals inductee. Make it happen, Bigpapa42. :p[/QUOTE] I make no promises on the title run - I don't want to give away my future booking plans. Headliner, Show Stealer, or Year of Glory I will all try for but they can be a bit out of my hands. But unless he has an overness cap, I should be able to hit the National Icon one. At this point, I have Rich Money at 100% overness in 5 different regions at this point. Remo is only at 100% in four regions. Both Bruce and Faith have hit the 100% in the US at least. Pretty sure even Morrisette was for a bit. So I'm pretty sure I can do with McFly.

Here's a question then: Did you have to promise him a world title run in contract negotiations? ;) (You don't have to answer that one). In any case, getting to the HOI isn't exactly easy. Dan Stone Jr. isn't even close. How does one become a Headliner, Show Stealer, or get a Year of Glory anyway?

[QUOTE=ampulator;635781]Here's a question then: Did you have to promise him a world title run in contract negotiations? ;) (You don't have to answer that one). In any case, getting to the HOI isn't exactly easy. Dan Stone Jr. isn't even close.[/QUOTE] I've never had to promise anyone a world title run in their contract. Yet, at least. I've never given out creative control, either. I had one person ask for it, and I almost didn't bother signing them, but they took the offer of more money instead. It wasn't McFly, though. McFly took a standard contract, more or less. Lots of money, and a decent PPV and merchandising percentage, but nothing extravagant. If he demanded excessive concessions, I'm not sure how much I would have been willing to offer him before I started to consider it not worthwhile... Headliner means headlining an event rated as either Historic or Legenady for a promotion above Cult sized. Show stealer means an A* match, for a promotion again above Cult. Year of Glory means winning the Wrestler of the Year.

McFly doesn't strike me as guy to make ludicrous demands. I generally don't give out a percentage of merchandise sales or even PPV bonuses, but if they demanded it, I would give it. Of course, most would cave into a higher monthly wage. You know what's Ludicrous? Big Bearwoski asking me to pay his travel expenses becauses of "his stature as a star". Guess what? His contract wasn't renewed.

[FONT=Arial][CENTER][SIZE=6]The Fry Report Preview[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Media/FryReport.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [quote][I]Every week on The Fry Report podcast will provide the latest information on everything Supreme. News, rumors, and interviews, all brought to you by the incomparable Duane Fry.[/I] [B]Preview for podcast available Monday, Week 3, September 2008[/B] The American Tiger returns! Sean McFly is back in the Supreme Wrestling Federation! The two-time SWF World Heavyweight champion has been away from the environs of Supreme for nearly a decade, but he made a major impact as he walked out at the end of Under Control 2008 and made the capacity crowd at Manhattan National Center go insane. The true Supreme Legend™ will be at The Dust Bowl tomorrow night, and though he will not be in action, I'm told that he will address his return. You don't want to miss out. Will Sean McFly be the next man to challenge Rich Money for the SWF World Heavyweight championship? What about Angry Gilmore? Or Chris Morrisette? Or the Bumfhole brothers? There are plenty of options available. Hard Cash is sure to address to address his next challenger. You can expect him to brag - a lot - about the little injury deception he ran at the pay per view as well. I'm told he will also put his belt on the line, something the champion is loathe to do on television. It has yet to be confirmed who he will face, however. Speaking of the champion, he did quite a number of Jack Bruce in the Supreme Cell™ at Under Control. I have heard that The Long Island Angel is in rough shape, both physically and emotionally. Will we see Show Time again? Or has Rich Money finally managed to break Jack Bruce? The new SWF World Tag Team champions Sin Inc will be present, featured in a brand new weekly segment. I'm told this one is must-see. The chase for the next shot at the champions begins, with several teams in action. Others in action include Chris Morrisette, former North American champion Marc DuBois, and his opponent Robbie Retro. You don't want to miss Supreme TV this week on C.A.N.N., that's for certain! It's gonna be a barn-stormer! [/quote][B]The Fry Report will be available on SWF.com or directly from iTunes.[/B] [quote]A special feature for the Fry Report... A preview of the matches lined up for Supreme TV this week! [COLOR=Red]The Heartbreakers[/COLOR] vs[COLOR=Blue] The Immortal Bumfholes[/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]Robbie Retro[/COLOR] vs [COLOR=Red]Marc DuBois[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]Last Chance[/COLOR] vs [COLOR=Blue]Black Label Fight Club[/COLOR] vs [COLOR=Blue]The New Wave[/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]Giedroyc [/COLOR]vs [COLOR=Red]Joss Thompson[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]Casey Valentine[/COLOR] vs [COLOR=Blue]Chris Morrisette[/COLOR] [B]Surprise Match - Guess it if you Want[/B] [COLOR=Blue]Gino Montero[/COLOR] [I][B]or[/B][/I] [COLOR=Blue]Antonio Marquez[/COLOR] vs [COLOR=Red]Rich Money [/COLOR]for the [B]SWF World Heavyweight Championship[/B] [/quote][/FONT]

I usually don't do predictions, but what the hell. :) The Heartbreakers vs [B]The Immortal Bumfholes[/B] Robbie Retro vs [B]Marc DuBois[/B] Last Chance vs Black Label Fight Club vs [B]The New Wave[/B] [B]Giedroyc[/B] vs Joss Thompson Casey Valentine vs [B]Chris Morrisette[/B] Gino Montero or Antonio Marquez vs [B]Rich Money[/B]

Archived