SWF: Generation Supreme

Decent opening segment. I'm curious as to how you grade segments like that though. Unless he's made serious improvements in your game, Sean McFly's entertainment skills are pretty dire, and I can't see them getting a A*, even with a massively over Rich Money. I guess having as few lines as he did makes it a judgment call though. You could conceivably rate him on Overness for that.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Self;649537]Decent opening segment. I'm curious as to how you grade segments like that though. Unless he's made serious improvements in your game, Sean McFly's entertainment skills are pretty dire, and I can't see them getting a A*, even with a massively over Rich Money. I guess having as few lines as he did makes it a judgment call though. You could conceivably rate him on Overness for that.[/QUOTE] The opening segment was based on Overness for both. Same with the later Bruce-McFly. I've actually got McFly up to C- in all three Entertainment categories, but he's an A* in popularity. Same as Money, and both have high momentum.

The last show's main event says Jack Bruce won, but actually McFly won it with a Delorean Driver. See, I am reading. :p Excellent PPV. Definately did a good job of getting across the epicness of McFly/Money. I guessed it was an A* match based on the writeup, which is sort of the point, so... yeah. I do have to wonder what TCW's roster looks like at the moment though, because you seem to have just about everyone over C popularity on your own roster. :p

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;649678]The last show's main event says Jack Bruce won, but actually McFly won it with a Delorean Driver. See, I am reading. :p Excellent PPV. Definately did a good job of getting across the epicness of McFly/Money. I guessed it was an A* match based on the writeup, which is sort of the point, so... yeah. I do have to wonder what TCW's roster looks like at the moment though, because you seem to have just about everyone over C popularity on your own roster. :p[/QUOTE] Good catch, thanks. Corrected. Putting the show together took longer than I intended so I rushed through the proof-reading part. Whoops... Glad you enjoyed the PPV and the main event. As I've mentioned, that was one I really wasn't sure about when I was writing. I didn't have things laid out in my mind before the show happened, as I usually do, and I was just unsure whether things would come across. So its great to hear that it did. Thanks. Yeah, I've had fun ravaging Tee-Cee-Dub. They are still surviving, though. Taking a look through their roster and the popularity through the US... [B]Main Event[/B] Tommy Cornell - A Wolf Hawkins - B- Sam Keith - B- Ricky Dale Johnson - B+ Rick Law - C+ Genghis Rahn - C+ [B]Upper Midcard[/B] Joey Minnesota - C+ Shawn Gonzalez - C+ Sammy Bach - B- Joe Bryant - C Koshiro Ino - C American Buffalo - C Eddie Peak is at C, but he's out injured for a good long while yet. The good new for TCW is that their young core - Hawkins, Law, Minnesota, and Bach - are locked up for a good long while. Hawkins' contract actually came up really early in the game but he chose to stay loyal - they weren't Cult at that point, and I wonder if that would have made a difference... Most of the younger talent hasn't really increased in popularity much, which is part of the problem. At this point, TCW is just kind of maintaining at Cult. The presence of Tommy Cornell means that they can get an A match out of him at any point, which can make for a pretty good (B or better) show. But guys like Hawkins, Law, or RDJ can end up putting on C matches, even against other main eventers (notably Rahn). Which makes their shows very inconsistent. Its too bad that they are still in good shape financially... Its my dream in this game to sink TCW, buy them out, and make Tommy Cornell the Supreme Champion for life on the Legends brand...

[FONT="Arial"][CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/Avatars/Small/AvatarSmall.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [quote]Random thought of the day… sometimes facing up to reality is the toughest job of all. "I don't want to do it," I told Peter Michaels bluntly. "No one wants to do it, kid," was his response. "But it still has to be done." I shook my head, saying, "Its not my job." Ever-patient, Michaels smiled at me. He said, "It is. You want the Head Booker position. You want my job. I know that and I'm okay with that. But you have to take the bad with the good. This is a part that no one likes. But it has to be done." "What if I refuse?" Peter was right, of course. But I was now being stubborn and arguing just for the sake of arguing. Its something that I normally avoid, but I couldn't help it here. Thankfully, Peter remained patient. He told me, "If you refuse, we go talk to Richard about it. Then it becomes between you and him." He let that hang, an indirect threat. Michaels made it clear - he wouldn't be dealing with me, but our boss would. I didn't really have a choice, but I made it obvious that I wasn't happy about it, saying, "Alright, fine. I'll do it on Friday at..." He shut me up with a wave of his hand. "No, it has to be today." "I have to head out for the show tonight," I replied. Though it probably honestly came across as whining. "Yeah, then you better get going." "But the paperwork..." "You don't have to worry about the paperwork. He can stay there until the end of the week. Or take the rest of the week of paid - that's his call. But he needs to be here on Monday morning to go over the paperwork with the Business Office," Peter explained concisely. I slowly rose from behind my desk and started to head to the door of my office. "I guess I best get going, then," I said, resigned to completing a task that I really did not want to do. Peter followed me out of my office and waited while I gave some quick instructions to my personal assistant, Toni. Peter walked with me down the hallway, giving me a bit more of a pep talk. "Look, there's a reason we picked this one, kid," he told me. "You handled the Sinclair deal well, and they don't get much tougher than that. This one will be different. Easier. Jim's a professional. He'll understand, Hell, he might even be expecting it." As I drove from Supreme One to the Eisen Center, Peter's words rolled around in my head. I found myself reminiscing. I grew up watching the Supreme Wrestling Federation. It was something that my dad and I always did. As I grew up and his interested lessened a bit, I always managed to catch it every week on TV. Getting to watch the pay per views live was a rare treat - more often, it was renting the VHS tape from the local video store when it came out. The SWF wasn't the only thing I watched - North of the Border was always on TV, and CGC was occasionally, plus they both came through with live shows every so often. I was still pretty young when the Nemesis-Cornell match happened, and I was actually watching that show. I loved the violence but didn't understand the repercussions that would come from that match. That it would change everything... but I don't think anyone realize that. I did realize soon enough that the SWF was changing - moving from the golden era of the mid 90s back to the cartoonish approach that the SWF had in the past. The Internet got me interested in the wider world of wrestling around this time. I didn't get to see any HGC stuff on TV, but I at least find results on the web. I started to follow the East Coast Wars scene pretty much right as it ended - which was sad, because as much as I ended up enjoying DaVE, I always found a soft spot in my heart for Philly Power Pro. But while the SWF didn't engage me as much through the late 1990s, I still watched. Jim Force will forever remain one of the most memorable parts of that era for me. Which is good and bad, really. With his bulging muscles, face paint, wild-man hair, and constant over-the-top antics, he was very much a comic book superhero come to life. Which was entirely the point. He was pretty dire in the ring, but it was usually fun to watch. And nothing topped his ranting, nonsensical promos about the THE FOOOOORRRRCCCEEEEE!!!!! Every time I would see him on my TV screen, I would be shaking my head and rolling my eyes... but I wasn't changing the channel. Now I had to go tell that same man that his hoped second run in the SWF was not going to happen. Force had come over from USPW early in the year. He was sent to RIPW immediately, with the hope that he could improve his in ring work. Apparently he was told that they just wanted him to "get used to working the Supreme style again", but he probably realized the truth. Michaels had made the decision to sign Force, and it was done for a single reason - to provide a "super hero" foil to the "super villain" angle they were going to use to introduce Nevada Nuclear. I changed that a bit, so Force became unnecessary and forgotten. The Eisen Center training area was pretty quiet when I got there. A couple trainers and a couple trainees, running through their paces. I guessed that most of the trainees were in one of the man classrooms. The training regime we now used included a lot of work on promos and character. Larry Wood greeted me immediately. He was pleasant and respectful as always. It didn't weird me out as much as it once had, having a hardcore legend like this treating me as his superior. I wondered if he knew why I was here as I asked if we could talk in his office. Inside the privacy of his small office, I gave a quick explanation. He just nodded, and I figured that he had been given a heads-up at some point by Peter, or maybe Richard himself. Larry offered for me to use his office, and then went to grab Jim. Much like talking to Larry Wood was a bit disconcerting a first, speaking with Jim Force out of character is pretty weird. He came into the office wearing loose fitting sweat pants and a T-shirt, his shaggy hair pulled back into a small ponytail. And sadly, no face paint. "Hey kid, Larry said you wanted to talk to me," I said, nodding at the chair. Its funny how getting called "kid" can be either respectful or demeaning. Jim kept it respectful. "So, uh, do you prefer Jim or Kevin?" I asked. I had never heard anyone call Jim Force by his real name. "Jim is fine," he said. Taking a breath, I launched into the brief but direct explanation that I had worked out on the drive over. A bit blunt and to the point, but I was counting on the assurances from Peter that he would be professional about it. He was. He nodded as he listened, his face impassive. When I finished, he just shrugged. "I was kind of expecting it," Jim admitted. "I mean, they told me that it would be about two or three months that I'd be here at Rhode Island... and that was ten months ago." To his credit, the man had never once complained to management about that fact, either. "I'm truly sorry it didn't work out, Jim," I told him. "I would have enjoyed with you on the creative end, I think. If there is anything Peter or I can do to help you find some work, let me know. We can make some calls..." Jim waved the idea off. "I think I'll be okay in that regard. I mean, there's work out there if I want it. But I've been making real good money here and taking some time with my family sounds real good. So I think I'll be fine," he told me. "Well that's good to hear." "I guess I should thank you for keeping me around here this long. Making good money and I really think I have improved in the ring." I nodded, saying, "So I hear. Larry also tells me that you were helping out some of the young guys on the side with character and gimmick. That kind of thing is appreciated." "Well, you gotta give back, right? Guys like Faith, Bailey, and Roberts hepled me out when I was starting out. So its only right that I return the favor to someone else." "Not everyone sees it that way." He shruggled his muscular shoulders. "I guess." Then he said, "When Larry came to get me, this is what I expected. But I really figured it would be the old "creative doesn't have anything for you" excuse..." It wasn't quite a question, but it lingered like one. So I explained honestly, "No, I don't usually lack for ideas. But most of what I would have come up with, I'm not sure that you or Richard would have particularly liked." I didn't go into further details, but he nodded, understanding. The soon-to-unemployed wrestler decided that he would take the day off, and be back for the rest of the week. The work ethic of the veteran remained impressive. Jim thanked me sincerely for the opportunity to improve and for everything else. He left the office. Larry came in and we talked for a short while. He always keen to update me on where the trainees where at in their development. The man clearly cared about his students, a natural born teacher. I could have sat there all afternoon with Larry, but I had places to be. I got to my car, and ended up sitting there for a short while. Everything considered, it had gone well. This was part of the job of being the Head Booker... but did I really want that? Did I want to be the one making these decisions and communicating them? Telling men and women that their livelihoods were gone or perhaps that their dream was ending? They wouldn't all be like this, where the person is professional and respectful. And they wouldn't all be like Sinclair, where I felt justified and even enjoyed it a bit. Did I still want to do this? Yeah, I did. But I felt a little less sure than I had before. I guess it can't all be fun and games... Wednesday, Week 3, October 2008 Avatar[/quote] [/FONT]

[QUOTE=ampulator;649864]As long as they have Cornell, you are going to be in a long slag. :) Your only option is to put them through financial hardship, but that's going to be hard. Just hope Cornell gets injured. ;)[/QUOTE] Yeah, I think their finances are actually getting better, not worse. Taking some of the guys that I have took away what would have been some of their biggest contracts. Cornell did get hurt early in the game, but it was a minor injury that he worked through. The only two major long-term injuries in the game have been Eddie Peak and Yushimi Mushashibo. [QUOTE=Astil;649892]Steal Koshiro, he'd be a good Legands brand guy. Also, nice show you just did.[/QUOTE] Ino is a guy I would definitely find a use for. Its Cornell, Minnesota, Bach, and Peak that I truly covet, though. Ino, like all of them, is on a long-term deal. So he won't be coming any time soon unless I do manage to sink 'em. And thanks. [QUOTE=G-Prime;649925]I was hoping he'd go into full Force mode and kick your ass. Instead, it was kind of sad. Great writing, as always.[/QUOTE] Thanks. The Force segment is one I sat on for a long while. I really did bring him in with the intent of having him work a program with Nuke, but dropped the idea and he just sat in development ever since. I figured I would release him whenever the timing felt right for the Random Thoughts piece. The timing felt right at this point for personal reasons. I recently took a supervisor position at work and last week, the manager and I had to sit down with an employee to tell them that they were being released from their position. Very tough thing to do, so I pretty much had to do this segment now. I definitely did consider having him doing the prototypical Force character through it, which would have been fun. But I decided to show a different side to The Force than what every other diary writer does. Plus, it just felt right to have it somehow echo my own experience last week.

[QUOTE=Bigpapa42;649929]The Force segment is one I sat on for a long while. I really did bring him in with the intent of having him work a program with Nuke, but dropped the idea and he just sat in development ever since. I figured I would release him whenever the timing felt right for the Random Thoughts piece. The timing felt right at this point for personal reasons. I recently took a supervisor position at work and last week, the manager and I had to sit down with an employee to tell them that they were being released from their position. Very tough thing to do, so I pretty much had to do this segment now. I definitely did consider having him doing the prototypical Force character through it, which would have been fun. But I decided to show a different side to The Force than what every other diary writer does. Plus, it just felt right to have it somehow echo my own experience last week.[/QUOTE] Him going into the Force character wouldn't have made sense. He's in-game personality is more or less exactly how you wrote him. Bravo. :D

[FONT=Arial][CENTER][SIZE=6]The Fry Report Preview[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Media/FryReport.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [quote][I]Every week on The Fry Report podcast will provide the latest information on everything Supreme. News, rumors, and interviews, all brought to you by the incomparable Duane Fry.[/I] [B]Preview for podcast available Wednesday, Week 3, October 2008[/B] "We're in for another big week on SWF Legends. You definitely do not want to miss out this week." "Last week on the SWF Let the Games Begin 2008 pay per view, we saw Troy Tornado and Pistol Pete Hall become co-winners of the Supreme Games ladder match. After a showdown between Phil Vibert and Eric Tyler, each winner got a briefcase. Tornado snagged a challengers choice, while Hall's briefcase held a Short Time Chance. Pistol Pete has to use his contract this week on the Legends brand, and can only challenge for either the Legends Championship held by Bloodstone or the Supreme Championship held by Christian Faith. Unsurprisingly, he has chosen to challenge Christian Faith. And that match will be on Legends tonight. It is definitely a big opportunity for the big hoss Hall, as Faith is rumored to be pretty banged up after his No Disqualification match against Eric Eisen at the pay per view." "As for Troy Tornado, no word yet on how he will use his Challenger's Choice. His contract can be used for either brand, so the possibilities here are significant. I do understand that he will likely announce his choice tonight." "There seems likely to be other fallout from that Supreme Games match, as it is unlikely that Eric Tyler is going to forget his showdown with Phil Vibert. And the General Manager cannot be happy about the alliance between Christian Faith, Chris Caufield, and Troy Tornado." "Sara Silver is slated to introduce the second member of her Silverback's this week. Who will join Mr. Hill as Ms. Silver's other client? This one should be interesting to see just who she has lined up. It is also expected that the agent will explain just how her Silverback's are so "different" from all the other wrestlers in the SWF." "The SWF Shooting Star Championship will be on the line, with Acid facing both Erik Strong and Bart Biggz. Bart has been targeting the Shooting Star championship for awhile now, but getting the belt away from the talented mask Watchman Acid will not be easy, especially in a Threefold Threat match." "Overall, we should see another great show. Offering up some of the best wrestling action in the world, SWF Legends can't be missed... only on CBA!" [/quote][B]The Fry Report will be available on SWF.com or directly from iTunes.[/B] [quote]An extra special feature for the Fry Report... A preview of the matches lined up for SWF Legends this week! [COLOR=Blue]Steve Frehley[/COLOR] vs [COLOR=Red]Enygma[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]The Upper Class[/COLOR] vs [COLOR=Red]Tokyo Underground[/COLOR] vs [COLOR=Blue]High Concept[/COLOR] for the [B]SWF Sky Club Division Tag Team Championships[/B] [COLOR=Blue]Erik Strong[/COLOR] vs [COLOR=Blue]Bart Biggz[/COLOR] vs [COLOR=Red]Acid[/COLOR] for the [B]SWF Shooting Star Championship[/B] [COLOR=Red]Akima Brave[/COLOR] vs [COLOR=Blue]Robbie Retro[/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]Art Reed[/COLOR] vs [COLOR=Red]Eric Eisen[/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]Pistol Pete Hall[/COLOR] vs [COLOR=Blue]Christian Faith[/COLOR] for the [B]SWF Supreme Championship[/B] [/quote][/FONT]

[QUOTE=foolinc;649930]Him going into the Force character wouldn't have made sense. He's in-game personality is more or less exactly how you wrote him. Bravo. :D[/QUOTE] That was actually part of what I was thinking. He also seems pretty normal in the C-V website interview. It just felt like it should be a bit more of a serious piece than the typical Force humor. Plus, I know I could do Force as well as others have, so I didn't even want to attempt it in that regard.

[B]Steve Frehley [/B]vs Enygma The Upper Class vs [B]Tokyo Underground[/B] vs High Concept for the SWF Sky Club Division Tag Team Championships Erik Strong vs Bart Biggz vs [B]Acid[/B] for the SWF Shooting Star Championship [B]Akima Brave[/B] vs Robbie Retro Art Reed vs [B]Eric Eisen[/B] Pistol Pete Hall vs [B]Christian Faith[/B] for the SWF Supreme Championship

[QUOTE=Bigpapa42;649935]That was actually part of what I was thinking. He also seems pretty normal in the C-V website interview. It just felt like it should be a bit more of a serious piece than the typical Force humor. Plus, I know I could do Force as well as others have, so I didn't even want to attempt it in that regard.[/QUOTE] You know, how much has Jim Force improved? And on that note, Jim Force LOOKS a lot like Ultimate Warrior, but his personality is much better than Ultimate Warrior's.

[QUOTE=ampulator;649944]You know, how much has Jim Force improved? And on that note, Jim Force LOOKS a lot like Ultimate Warrior, but his personality is much better than Ultimate Warrior's.[/QUOTE] Now that I take a close look, a little bit less than I thought. Not as much as T-Rex, at least. The more notable improvements... Brawling - D everything else on the top row to E or E+ (except Submissions at E-) Stamina - C- Psychology - C Safety - C- Selling - C It wasn't enough to make me want to bring him up just for his skills. I might have if I came up with a really good idea, but it would have to be really really good. I realized that it would be almost impossible to use him without having him be the now-standard FORCE characterization. I didn't really want to go that route and I didn't think I could do it as well as others already have, so I decided quite awhile ago that he would eventually be released. He just got to stay longer than intended because of timing.

[b]Steve Frehley[/b] vs Enygma The Upper Class vs Tokyo Underground vs [b]High Concept[/b] for the SWF Sky Club Division Tag Team Championships Erik Strong vs Bart Biggz vs [b]Acid[/b] for the SWF Shooting Star Championship Akima Brave vs [b]Robbie Retro[/b] Art Reed vs [b]Eric Eisen[/b] Pistol Pete Hall vs [b]Christian Faith[/b] for the SWF Supreme Championship

I know I don't comment much (or if I've ever?) commented but ...Damn this diary is badass. The latest pay per view was absolute gold from head to foot, everytime I read I get absorbed in the writing. My SWF diaries back in the day; absolute curse word compared to this! Seriously though, you keep SWF as interesting as it's obviously intended to be and probably moreso. Keep up the good work, I look forward to see what more you've got up your sleeve. I'll be reading.

[QUOTE=Shmoe;649979]I know I don't comment much (or if I've ever?) commented but ...Damn this diary is badass. The latest pay per view was absolute gold from head to foot, everytime I read I get absorbed in the writing. My SWF diaries back in the day; absolute curse word compared to this! Seriously though, you keep SWF as interesting as it's obviously intended to be and probably moreso. Keep up the good work, I look forward to see what more you've got up your sleeve. I'll be reading.[/QUOTE] Glad you're reading and very happy you enjoyed the PPV. It seems a lot of readers like that one... Now I just have to figure out how to top it for the next one... Interesting and entertaining is what I'm going for, as that's really the heart of Sports Entertainment. I've got a few things up my sleeve, which should hopefully still be interesting and entertaining for you readers.

[B]Steve Frehley[/B] vs Enygma Nice to see Enygma atleast wrestling main eventers again..out of curiosity, have his skills increased much since you started? The Upper Class vs Tokyo Underground vs [B]High Concept[/B] for the SWF Sky Club Division Tag Team Championships Despite TU having Ota, they haven't been pushed too hard, and Upper Class have yet to seal a Prime Time win. I suspect High Concept will have a pretty long reign with this belt - Sky Club's gotta lot of talent, but is a tad scarce on name value.. Erik Strong vs [B]Bart Biggz[/B] vs Acid for the SWF Shooting Star Championship I like success stories. :P Plus, the storyline here seems like a gimmie - he pins Strong, gets his moment, then feuds with Acid, having to defeat him before he proves himself as a real champion. Akima Brave vs [B]Robbie Retro[/B] Robbie gets his first Legends win. Art Reed vs [B]Eric Eisen[/B] Could certainly see Reed getting another minor upset here, but Eisen's tougher to beat than Reed's recent opponents, realistically I don't think Eisen'd be booked to lose this one. Pistol Pete Hall vs [B]Christian Faith[/B] for the SWF Supreme Championship Yeah, PPH isn't going to be Supreme Champ anytime soon. Him getting a run with the Legends title seems likely though..

[B]Steve Frehley[/B] vs Enygma The Upper Class vs Tokyo Underground vs [B]High Concept[/B] for the SWF Sky Club Division Tag Team Championships Erik Strong vs Bart Biggz vs [B]Acid[/B] for the SWF Shooting Star Championship Akima Brave vs [B]Robbie Retro[/B] Art Reed vs[B] Eric Eisen[/B] Pistol Pete Hall vs [B]Christian Faith[/B] for the SWF Supreme Championship [I]The OLDEST MAIN EVENT WORTH WATCHING![/I]

[QUOTE=Zeel1;650127][B]Steve Frehley[/B] vs Enygma Nice to see Enygma atleast wrestling main eventers again..out of curiosity, have his skills increased much since you started? The Upper Class vs Tokyo Underground vs [B]High Concept[/B] for the SWF Sky Club Division Tag Team Championships Despite TU having Ota, they haven't been pushed too hard, and Upper Class have yet to seal a Prime Time win. I suspect High Concept will have a pretty long reign with this belt - Sky Club's gotta lot of talent, but is a tad scarce on name value.. Pistol Pete Hall vs [B]Christian Faith[/B] for the SWF Supreme Championship Yeah, PPH isn't going to be Supreme Champ anytime soon. Him getting a run with the Legends title seems likely though..[/QUOTE] Enygma has only improved a bit. Most of the skills on his top rope have gone up one grade, but that's about it. He's kinda floated a lot more than I intended. The Sky Club Division Tag Team ranks haven't worked as well as I hoped. Which seems to be down to my booking more than anything. Its tough to give them much time when they just don't pull the match grades like the other guys can. Going to have to figure something out when them in the near future. You better believe I've considered giving the big hoss a big sendoff in the SWF. Selling is really his only weak spot. Even his Entertainment skills are pretty solid. He's capable of putting on some really good matches, which is one of the main things I'm looking for in a champion. [QUOTE=Phantom Stranger;650130]Pistol Pete Hall vs [B]Christian Faith[/B] for the SWF Supreme Championship [I]The OLDEST MAIN EVENT WORTH WATCHING![/I][/QUOTE] You're not kidding. I'm giving serious consideration to headlining a PPV with a four-way match between Christian Faith, Runaway Train, Pistol Pete Hall, and Steve Flash. Easy tagline... [B]"The Match You Waited 172 Years to See..."[/B]

[FONT=Arial][CENTER][SIZE=6]SWF Legends[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Media/TV%20Shows/Banners/LegendsBanner.jpg[/IMG] [B]Wednesday, Week 3 October 2008 Plum Park (Tri State) - 14,494[/B] [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poGsYxYENs0"][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/Other/Playegg_28207.jpg[/IMG][/URL] [SIZE=4]Announcers[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Staff/Small/DuaneFrySmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Staff/Small/PhilVibertSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Staff/Small/MelanieFlorenceSmall.jpg[/IMG] [B]Duane Fry - Phil Vibert - Melanie Florence[/B] ________________________________________[/CENTER] [B]Duane Fry[/B]: I would like to welcome everyone watching on CBN tonight. I'm Duane Fry. With me tonight are Phil Vibert and Melanie Florence. This is... SWF Legends! [B]Phil Vibert[/B]: I think we might just be in store for a legendary match tonight. [B]Duane Fry[/B]: Our main event is Pistol Pete Hall against Christian Faith for the SWF Supreme Championship! [quote][CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Staff/Small%20Alt/EricTyleralt4Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Signed%20Alt/BryanHolmesalt1Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Signed%20Alt/JDMorganalt1Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Signed/AcidSmall.jpg[/IMG] [B]Eric Tyler, Bryan Holmes, JD Morgan + Acid Mr. Tyler Says Segment[/B][/CENTER] [I]Eric Tyler strolls out onto the stage, flanked by his three Watchmen. The crowd hates them all. The Mr. Tyler Says segment starts with the General Manager addressing the showdown between himself and Phil Vibert at the SWF Let the Games Begin 2008 pay per view. Tyler says that Vibert's interference in a situation that he had no business in was clearly a power play on the part of the "creative consultant". It is painfully obvious that Vibert is pursuing a blatant agenda to alter the SWF Legends brand into some twisted vision of his own failed promotion. And as the General Manager and therefore the primary authority figure on the brand, Tyler is not about to let that happen. He doesn't care what supposed authority Vibert's contract gives him - he does not run this show. Tyler does. Tyler also states that it is clear that this new alliance between Christian Faith, Troy Tornado, and Chris Caufield is an attempt by Vibert to solidify his position of power. Vibert has been politicking backstage for months now, trying to win wrestlers to his "side". And those three were the only three he could convince. And perhaps Pistol Pete Hall, because the collusion between Hall and Tornado, when they decided to "co-win" the Supreme Games match at the pay per view and thereby sabotage the entire idea of the match, was sickening. That alliance also tells Tyler that Christian Faith knows he cannot hold onto the SWF Supreme Championship without help. So like a coward, Faith is looking for help to keep his belt. As far as Tyler is concerned, that is not the way of a champion. The last thing the General Manager wants to address is those accusations from Phil Vibert regarding Mr. Eisen being behind the transformation of Skull DeBones into Vengeance... Ridiculous, slanderous, and unfounded. Tyler says that he has spoken to the owner of the SWF directly and been absolutely assured that he had nothing to do with that. And everyone knows Richard Eisen to be a man of honor and integrity. So everyone can simply ignore Vibert's conspiratorial ramblings about that and be rest assured that Vibert will eventually pay for his lies. Tyler will stake his reputation on that. [/I] [B][CENTER]Grade: A[/CENTER] [/B] [/quote][B]Phil Vibert[/B]: Yeah, we'll see about that... [quote] [CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/SteveFrehley_Alt2Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/VS2Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Alt%20Small/EnygmaPurpleSmall.jpg[/IMG] [B]Steve Frehley vs Enygma[/B][/CENTER] An interesting match, as Frehley is again tentative throughout. The Dark Destroyer is quite simply leery of causing another injury. The masked grappler Enygma does his best to take advantage, but even without his typically explosive attacks, the 295-pound Frehley is still a handful. Enygma manages to grab control of sections of the match, and goes for a couple quick roll-up pins. The soft style of Frehley only lasts for so, before he finally levels his masked opponent with a Dark Destroyer Spear. Frehly seems to immediately regret the big move, but goes for the pin. [B][CENTER]Steve Frehley Wins at 8:04 via Pinfall Grade: B[/CENTER] [/B][/quote] [quote] [CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/TroyTornadoAltSmall.jpg[/IMG] [B]Troy Tornado In-Ring Promo[/B][/CENTER] [I]Troy Tornado emerges through the Supreme Gate to his thumping music and a big set of applause. The bleach-blond middleweight is wearing his typical wild clothing and sunglasses. The metal briefcase is in his left hand. He does the entrance that he has become loved for by the SWF fans - strutting to the edge of the stage, he freezes and poses in place for a long moment, staring out at the ring, then suddenly rips off his sunglasses with his right hand and tosses them into the crowd before continue down to the ring. There is a small pedestal table set up in the ring, with a microphone on it. Tornado climbs into the ring, playing to crowd and holding up the briefcase that holds his Challengers Choice contract. He then grabs the microphone, setting the briefcase down on the small tall table. He makes a show of opening it up and staring at the contact inside. After a long moment of staring at the paper, Tornado finally speaks. The fan favorite begins by saying that the announcement he has tonight is something he does with a heavy heart. But he hopes the fans will understand. First off, he says the Eric Tyler is quite simply wrong. There was no collusion between he and Pistol Pete. No plan. It simply felt like the right thing to do when that unique situation arose. And thankfully Phil Vibert was able to see it for what it was, allowing the co-winners to stand. And what he won was this - Tornado holds up the Challengers Choice contract. An opportunity to challenge any champion to a match, with stipulations of his choosing. A great opportunity. The opportunity of a lifetime, really. You don't' get a chance to put a champion at a disadvantage like that very often, so its something that Tornado has been thinking long and hard about since last week. I've lost a lot of sleep over this, he says. The simple problem is that there is only one championship in the entire Supreme Wrestling Federation that Tornado truly covets. Its not the SWF Legends championship that Bloodstone has, nor the North American belt held by Antonio Marquez. And as much as he would love to hold the SWF Supreme championship, that belongs to Christian Faith, a man he respects and calls a friend. But the belt he does want is the SWF World Heavyweight championship. The belt held by Rich Money. That is the one the Troy Tornado wants. The only one. The crowd reacts predictably, and it takes a moment for them to quiet down enough for Tornado to continue. He says that he went to Mr. Eisen with that request. And he was told that he would be granted a match against Rich Money at the Break Like the Wind pay per view, with the match type and stipulations of his choosing. But that came with a price. A price he found steep. Everyone knows that each championship belt is attached to a given brand, so therefore the champion has to be attached to that brand. And while wrestlers such as Pistol Pete have crossed brands to challenge a champion on the other brand without switching themselves, Mr. Eisen says that he won't allow a belt to be defended on a pay per view unless the challenger belongs to the Supreme... So if Tornado wants to use his Challenger's Choice contract to face Rich Money, he will have to join the Supreme brand... The crowd is quiet, waiting with bated breath for Tornado's decision... But he leaves them hanging a bit. He says that it was no easy decision. That he feels that he's coming into his own as part of the Legends brand. That he has found some true friends in Christian Faith and Chris Caufield, and that the alliance they formed last week against Tyler's Watchmen and The Golden Faction is something he takes seriously. So the thought of leaving all of this behind is not an easy one to bear. But turning down this opportunity would be more difficult... So as of next week, he will be joining the Supreme brand. He apologizes first to Vibert, Faith, and Caufield for leaving them. Then he apologizes to the fans. To prove he has grown as a person, he felt it was only right that he find a replacement for himself. Someone that Christian Faith and Chris Caufield can trust and count on. Someone who will watch their back. Eric Tyler turned down the request for this man to switch brands to take Tornado's place... but Phil Vibert made it happen. So next week, someone will be joining the Legends brand to take Tornado's place. Before he is done here, there is one more thing that Tornado wants. He feels he still has some unfinished business with the Faction. He wants to face one of them in the ring tonight... The only one he actually respects, both as a man and a wrester... Bloodstone. Tornado doesn't care about his Legends belt, he just wants a chance to prove who is the better man. Tornado takes his time leaving the ring and moving up the ramp, playing to the crowd, who shower Tornado with love.[/I] [B][CENTER]Grade: A[/CENTER] [/B] [/quote][B]Duane Fry[/B]: Do we have another match? I think we do! [quote] [CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/JohnGreedSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/AristocratSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/VS2Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Signed%20Alt/FumihiroOtaalt7Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Signed%20Alt/KazumaNaratoalt4Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/VS2Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/ElmoBensonSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/GrouchoBlingSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Belts/SWF/Mid/SWF_Sky_Club_TagMid.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Belts/SWF/Mid/SWF_Sky_Club_TagMid.jpg[/IMG] [B]The Upper Class vs Tokyo Underground vs High Concept SWF Sky Club Division Tag Team Championship Match[/B][/CENTER] The three tag teams put on a solid match of quick-moving high-flying, but the crowd is rather indifferent. The match loses the flow partway through and turns spotty. Ota and Benson trade some stiff chops in the middle of the ring, which gets the biggest pop of the match. But the crowd is rather muted as the champions hit their Game Over finisher and get the pinfall on Greed. [B][CENTER]High Concept Wins at 7:54 via Pinfall Grade: C-[/CENTER] [/B][/quote][quote][CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Signed%20Alt/ErikStrongalt4Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/VS2Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/BartBiggzSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/VS2Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Signed/AcidSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Belts/SWF/Alts/Mid/SWF_Shooting_Star_altMid.jpg[/IMG] [B]Erik Strong vs Bart Biggz vs Acid SWF Shooting Star Championship Match[/B][/CENTER] A relatively similar match to the prior tag team match, but with a bit better quality. The flow and story of the match is better, though with similar high spots punctuating the story. This match is about Bart Biggz, taking similar big risks to his recent matches as he seems determined to grab the Shooting Star title that has eluded him. Strong mostly just gets in the way, but Acid is not just skillful but sneaky. His athleticism is on display as he escapes a number of attacks from both opponents. Acid gets the win with an Acid Rain Bomb and then pinfall on Strong after Biggz takes himself out of the match with a springboard leap off the top rope to the outside that misses and leaves him in a heap on the floor. [B][CENTER]Acid Wins at 7:45 via Pinfall Grade: C+[/CENTER] [/B][/quote][B]Duane Fry[/B]: No doubt that Bart Biggz is a risk-taker... but he needs to learn to take the smart risks... [quote][CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Staff/Managers/SaraSilverSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Signed%20Alt/BrentHillalt2Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Signed%20Alt/JumboJacksonalt4Small.jpg[/IMG] [B]Sara Silver, Mr. Hill + Mr. Jackson Backstage Promo[/B][/CENTER] [I]Sara Silver is on the backstage interview set, but with no interviewer. She needs none. She has Mr. Hill with her, along with the hulking Mr. Jackson standing behind them. Silver says that the time is ripe for her to introduce her second Silverback. Like Mr. Hill, the other Silverback is an immensely talented wrestler who has been in the business for a long time. Who has proven himself around the world and is now going to prove to the Supreme Wrestling Federation how talented he is. The second Silverback is...[/I] [CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Signed%20Alt/HumanArsenalalt2Small.jpg[/IMG] [B]Mr. Anderson[/B][/CENTER] [I]Mr. Anderson walks onto the set, shaking hands with Mr. Hill. The two men seem friendly and familiar with each other, oddly. Sara Silver says that the entire Supreme Wrestling Federation is going to learn to fear her Silverback's. With a smile, she says that now the world is going to want to know what makes her Silverback's so unique. Well, beyond the immense talent, obviously. And its relatively simple – Mr. Hill and Mr. Anderson are not contracted to the SWF directly. They are contracted to her agency, and her agency is contracted to the SWF. What that means is that they are not attached to a specific brand. Unlike the rest of the roster, they can work for either. It also allows them to be “financially engaged” by other parties within the promotion. Because the duo aren't here to win championships – they've done that already. No, its about making money. So if someone requires a bit of assistance and has the financial means, then the Silverback's are available. For those wondering just why Mr. Hill was involved in two matches at the last pay per view, it was at the specific request of their first client... Who shall remain nameless. Sara Silver and her Silverback's respect their clients anonymity above all. [/I] [B][CENTER]Grade: A[/CENTER] [/B][/quote] [quote] [CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/RobbieRetroSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/VS2Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/AkimaBraveSmall.jpg[/IMG] [B]Robbie Retro vs Akima Brave[/B][/CENTER] A surprisingly solid match as Retro shows both his fun side and some ability in the ring. The Samoan is a focused machine in the ring, but Retro is ready for it. The 295-pound throwback has a notable size advantage over his 237-pound opponent and he tries to put it to good use, but Akima Brave is intense and doesn't stop come. They trade the advantage back and forth. The crowd definitely enjoys a sequence through the middle of the match where they trade big suplexes. Retro nails the Samoan with his Murder on the Dancefloor power bomb Akima misses with a big Suicide Headbutt attempt. Its an easy three counter after that. [B][CENTER]Robbie Retro Wins at 9:04 via Pinfall Grade: B-[/CENTER] [/B] [/quote][B]Duane Fry[/B]: Robbie with the win! [quote] [CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/ArtReedSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Staff/Small/DharmaGreggAltSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Staff/Small/AnaGarciaSmall.jpg[/IMG] [B]Art Reed, Dani Nevada + Ana Garcia In-Ring Promo[/B][/CENTER] [I]Reed and his manager Dani Nevada get a decent pop as they are in the ring with Ana Garcia. The interviewer doesn't get to much interviewing. Ana starts by asking about last week, and Nevada basically takes over from there. She says that last week, Art Reed was the victim of a violent and unprovoked attack by Rex. The Golden Faction trying to prove some type of point about respect. But there is no respect involved in attacking someone from behind. Things should be handled in the ring. Dani says that she has spent her entire life around the wrestling business, and the backstage area is supposed to be safe. This isn't how professional wrestling is supposed to be, she insists. When Ana asks what she and Reed are going to do about it, and Dani cuts her off, asking what exactly they are supposed to do about it? Art is more than willing to face any of the Golden Faction in the ring. Anytime. The Bulldog is fearless. But no one can stand up to all of them without some help. The interview is interrupted by the appearance of all five members of the Golden Faction appearing through the Supreme Gate....[/I] [CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Alt%20Small/RockyGoldenAlt5Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Staff/Small/KristenPearceAltSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/JohnnyBloodstoneSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/TexasPeteSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Signed/T-RexSmall.jpg[/IMG] [B]Rocky Golden, Kristen Pearce, Bloodstone, Texas Pete + Rex[/B][/CENTER] [I]The stable makes their way down to the ring, lead by Golden. Ana Garcia bails out of the ring, but Dani Nevada and Art Reed stand their ground. Its a bad plan. Rock Golden grabs the microphone away from Dani. While the rest of his stable stand menacingly in the ring, Golden tells the duo and the fans that there really isn't much that Nevada and Reed can do. Or that anyone can do. Because the Faction will do what they want, when they want. Oh, they were willing to play nice. All they asked for was a bit of respect. But since that wasn't given, its going to be taken. And no one is going to tell them what they can or can't do, least of all some nothing manager and her unimportant dog. With that, Rex again attacks Reed. The Bulldog battles back for a moment, until Texas Pete and Bloodstone join in the assault. Then its just a beatdown. Rocky Golden and Kristen Pearce just watch and laugh. Dani Nevada bravely attempts to jump into the chaos, but she's grabbed by Ana Garcia who drags her out of the ring. Ana tries to calm Dani down but she is too strong and makes it back into the ring. Dani charges at the men attacking Reed, but she's tripped up by Pearce. When Dani pops back up to her feet, she is slapped very hard in the face by the Golden Faction's manager. Shocked, Dani falls on her pretty butt. The Faction bails out of the ring, laughing. Dani tries to help the battered Reed as she tends her own reddened cheek.[/I] [B][CENTER]Grade: A[/CENTER] [/B][/quote][B]Duane Fry[/B]: Can Reed even wrestle now? [B]Phil Vibert[/B]: Probably not... but watch him try... [B]Melanie Florence[/B]: Disgusting attack... I thought you were going to get of that kind of behavior, Phil? [B]Phil Vibert[/B]: I'm trying, Mel. I'm trying. [quote] [CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/ArtReedSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/VS2Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Alt%20Small/EricEisenSeriousSmall.jpg[/IMG] [B]Art Reed vs Eric Eisen[/B][/CENTER] Double E looks pretty happy as he makes his way down to the ring. Reed is barely regaining his feet when Eisen jumps and demands the ref start the match. After getting a slight nod from The Bulldog, referee Ric Young calls for the bell. The opening few minutes of the match are all Eisen, as he tries to finish off what The Golden Faction started. He gets several near pinfalls, but Reed kicks out. Then the athletic newcomer starts to find his feet and battle back. The crowd cheers him on. It takes some cheating and some interference from the ever-present Runaway Train for Eisen to maintain his advantage over Reed. Cheered on by a red-cheeked Dani Nevada, Reed kicks out after one Silver Spoon Shock sleeper-hold neckbreaker, but a big boot outside the ring from Train is followed by Eisen hitting his finisher a second time. There is no kick out this time. [B][CENTER]Eric Eisen Wins at 8:51 via Pinfall Grade: B-[/CENTER] [/B][/quote][quote] [CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/TroyTornadoAltSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/VS2Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/JohnnyBloodstoneSmall.jpg[/IMG] [B]Troy Tornado vs Bloodstone[/B][/CENTER] A very entertaining match, as the duo show off what they can do in the ring. It builds off some great mat wrestling, holds and counter-holds, but quick enough action to keep the crowd into it. Tornado then takes control of the action as he shows of some impressive risk-taking and aerial chops. Bloodstone manages to hold on and finds a way to counter most of it. The later part of the match is Bloodstone going for a series of submission attempts, but Tornado is determined and finds a way out of each one. Three times Bloodstone goes for his Bloodstone Mutilation camel clutch, and the third time seems like Tornado is done, but he somehow finds the momentum to roll out of it and soon locks in a figure four of his own. The submission master is able to get out, though. When it looks like the Legends champion has his former stable-mate in trouble again, Tornado nails Bloodstone with his Star Maker finisher out of nowhere and gets the three count. The crowd goes nuts while Bloodstone looks upset, receiving some consolation from Pearce. [B][CENTER]Troy Tornado Wins at 13:37 via Pinfall Grade: B+[/CENTER] [/B][/quote][quote] [CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Signed/PistolPeteHallSmall.jpg[/IMG] [B]Pistol Pete Hall In-Ring Promo[/B][/CENTER] [I]Before the main event, Pistol Pete Hall makes his way down to the ring. The big cowboy calls for a microphone and he waves a hand to quiet the loud crowd. Hall says that he wants to apologize to the fans, and to Christian Faith. He respects Faith, as a wrestler and as a man. That's not always so common a thing in this business. So while he is not proud to be trying to take the belt away from such a deserving champion, the big hoss says he really has no choice. Because at 47 years old, there aren't too many chances left for him. In fact, this might be the very last one. And winning a belt that means something and represents greatness like the SWF Supreme Championship does is what being a professional in this business is all about. Its why you do it, night after night and match after match. Hall says he doesn't expect to win, but he is going to give it everything he has. He just hopes that Faith and the fans can respect him for that. There sincerely humility of the big man is endearing to the fans, who cheer him endlessly. [/I] [B][CENTER]Grade: A*[/CENTER] [/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/Signed/PistolPeteHallSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/VS2Small.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Workers/SWF/Small/ChristianFaithSmall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Belts/SWF/Mid/SWFSupremeMid.jpg[/IMG] [B]Pistol Pete Hall vs Christian Faith SWF Supreme Championship Match[/B][/CENTER] The match starts with a respectful handshake. This one features a hot crowd, despite the fact that it is babyface-versus-babyface. The crowd just seems to enjoy the show more than pick sides. They are treated to a great brawl, one that goes back and forth. Both men get plenty of offense and there is no clear advantage in the early going. The SWF Supreme champion seems to throw and endless number of his trademark Faith Hammer elbows, while Hall counter with some big punches and he puts Faith down with a short arm lariat. The duo go blow-for-blow as they trade some big suplexes and backdrops. Its two big veterans laying it on the line and wearing each other down. There is a big pop when Faith goes up to the top rope and drops a big elbow onto the top of Hall's head, dropping him. The two men are soon nearly exhaustion, and they again stand and trade blows for a good minute. Neither is willing to back down and the crowd goes insane, until both men finally drop. Hall makes it to his feet first, and he picks up Faith and then throws him into the ropes, hitting him with a devastating series of lariats. Hall goes for the pin, but Faith kicks out. Hall goes for an elbow drop, but Faith rolls out of the way. He gets to his feet, and the champion manages to get manages to his 350-pound opponent up in a Stalling Atomic Drop. Faith then goes for his Leap of Faith avalanche... and misses. He takes the turnbuckle hard in the chest and stumbles back, only to be destroyed by an epic Pistol Whip Lariat. Hall rushes in for the pin attempt... Again, Faith manages to kick out, but just barely. When Hall goes his trademark finisher one more time, Faith slips under and throws throws all of his 295-pounds into a big flying shoulder block. He scrambles around behind Hall and locks on his rarely-seen Test of Faith sleeper. The exhausted cowboy struggles to escape or reach the ropes but he can't make it. He finally submits. After the match, the two veteran warriors shake hands. Faith gathers up the SWF Supreme Championship that still belongs to him, and then holds up Hall's hand in victory. The crowd loves it. [B][CENTER]Christian Faith Wins at 16:33 via Submission Grade: A[/CENTER] [/B][/quote][CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Main/Grade/grade_a.jpg[/IMG] [B]Rating: 6.33[/B][/CENTER] [/FONT]

In a writing way, that promo was needed to make the main event shine. I honestly thought Hall could take it after the "aww shucks" type promo. The fact that you took a rarely seen character and make me root for him against tge superface champion speaks to your writing ability. Good thing you didn't leave him as a trainer. :cool:

[QUOTE=Astil;650349]In a writing way, that promo was needed to make the main event shine. I honestly thought Hall could take it after the "aww shucks" type promo. The fact that you took a rarely seen character and make me root for him against tge superface champion speaks to your writing ability. Good thing you didn't leave him as a trainer. :cool:[/QUOTE] Thanks. That was entirely the intent, so I'm glad it worked. I was leery about putting Hall in there against Faith for the belt, because I didn't want it to seem like just another challenger to throw against him on TV that just happened to be a babyface. And yeah, given that Hall could just be one of my trainers at RIPW at this point, I'm petty happy with how his SWF career has gone. It does make me wonder if the same thing could be done for Steve Flash...? I'm sure readers would mark for Flash putting on A matches in the SWF... Two quick notes on the show... One, that 6.33 was highest ratings I've managed thus far. TCW Presents Total Wrestling and USPW American Wrestling both run on the same night. They managed 2.60 and 1.18 with B- and C+ shows respectively. Two, I'm sure everyone is shocked that John Anderson was the second Silverback. I know its stupid to be adding more talent to an already-bloated roster, but I couldn't resist the chance to add such a talented tag team. Too bad I had to wait so long... I signed Hill in July sometime and Anderson's deal finally came up in mid-October. I figure I would much rather have The Silverback's rather than Death Row or Youth Energy... Oh, and this format for Legends is pretty much what I hope to stick with. Just a few promos and not too many matches, as I don't want them quite as short as they are on Supreme TV. Different brands and a slightly different product.

Archived