SWF: Generation Supreme

Guest cmdrsam
I'm gonna say this with no disrespect intended. You know I have nothing but the uttemost respect for you and this show. I think we and yourself have gotten use to A+. This was a good show. I would call it a filler show. It's meant nothing more than to advancing a few storylines and shoring up foundation on others. Now with that being said. The quality of writeing was still there. Love the Bruce segmant. Even if it was breif and to the point. I liken it to Andre's turn on Hogan. You still had hope it wasnt real, but it is, and was true. Other than that I still loved the show. And again my friend no dissrespect.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Bigpapa42;668382]The only thought I really have on this show is that I really need to stop booking sloppy. Its not that a B+ is a bad show, but I think with a B main event, that had to be close to just a B overall show. I put the show together on paper (well, a text document) without enough thought for the sequence, and then didn't really take the time to arrange things properly when booking. Stupid. Its not really surprising that Marquez-Anderson graded better than Gilmore-Payne, when you consider the skills of those involved. Moreso, I have no idea why I kinda buried the DuBois-Giedroyc match. Eh, just need to be careful. Sorry, just caught this. You read the entire thing? Wow. Glad you enjoyed it. Great to have another reader. And predictor. Enjoy.[/QUOTE] Now that's my new task ! I got to see what the hell happened throughout this whole thing, as i've only really payed attention recently, I just want to see how it started !

[QUOTE=cmdrsam;668450]I'm gonna say this with no disrespect intended. You know I have nothing but the uttemost respect for you and this show. I think we and yourself have gotten use to A+. This was a good show. I would call it a filler show. It's meant nothing more than to advancing a few storylines and shoring up foundation on others. Now with that being said. The quality of writeing was still there. Love the Bruce segmant. Even if it was breif and to the point. I liken it to Andre's turn on Hogan. You still had hope it wasnt real, but it is, and was true. Other than that I still loved the show. And again my friend no dissrespect.[/QUOTE] I am a very tough individual to offend, and a comment like "that's a filler show" is hardly going to do it. Especially when its true. That show was pretty much all about the storylines. The in-ring stuff was mostly about the storylines, too. When I complain about getting sloppy with the booking (again, that seems odd with a B+ show), I'm not really complaining about the final grade. I am perfectly okay with that kind of grade, unless I've intentionally loaded up a show in terms of matches. This one wasn't loaded up. It really was a filler show. Its that if I keep being sloppy, I'm going to end up seeing the grades drop when they shouldn't. Both the semi main event and main event having non-clean finishes is another example of something I would usually try to avoid and I didn't even see it here... Glad you still enjoyed the show. And the Bruce heel turn should give him some diary momentum, as he was starting to feel kinda of stale as a face. [QUOTE=SeanMcFly;668454]Now that's my new task ! I got to see what the hell happened throughout this whole thing, as i've only really payed attention recently, I just want to see how it started ![/QUOTE] Oh lord, good luck my friend. That's a lot of reading. Some of the early shows make me cringe when I go back and read through them. So much has changed - characterizations, tones, probably even booking approach. The Random Thoughts are the only things that have remained consistent, and I'm not even sure how consistent those have been. So forgive the inconsistencies. I was new at this when I started. But I am curious as to your thoughts if you do manage to make it through this task... whether those thoughts are good or bad... [QUOTE=Astil;668456]Life needs more Rich Money. Fact. And is that a slow burn Eric Eisen face turn I detect?'[/QUOTE] I agree. More Money is never a bad thing. Ever. With how prevalent he's getting in this diary, I am giving serious consideration to trying to add another TV show - SWF Money TV - and just having a weekly two hours of TV consisting entirely of Rich Money. It would draw viewers, I'm certain. As for Double E... Well, it could be a face turn. It could also just be him showing a wee bit more depth. Because if there's anything that WWE-style Sports Entertainment characters are known for, its character depth and layers...

I'm not big on reading every detail so for most shows I just skim results and read segements that interest me. That being said I didn't notice any drop in quality and agree with an above statement that the Bruce turn has been done great.

[QUOTE=Genadi;668475]I'm not big on reading every detail so for most shows I just skim results and read segements that interest me. That being said I didn't notice any drop in quality and agree with an above statement that the Bruce turn has been done great.[/QUOTE] Thanks. Given that I wasn't absolutely sure about the Bruce heel turn for awhile, I'm really happy to hear that its working. [QUOTE=SeanMcFly;668485]Read through the first page so far, and it's amazing to see how the original roster has changed.[/QUOTE] I have to admit that its sometimes a bit weird for me to look back at the original roster and then look back at mine. So very very different. Yet the original roster is almost all still in there. I was messing around with a new SWF game awhile ago, just for kicks, and it was really odd to see the likes of Brandon James, Lobster Warrior, Angry Gilmore, and Rich Money (!?!?!?) as Upper Midcarders with B- overness. Even Jack Bruce, Remo, Christian Faith and Vengeance as Main Eventers with B+. Steve Frehley as the wrestler with A popularity in the entire SWF... All of those guys have been A* in my game for a long time. Some since the first couple months of 2008. I almost forget sometimes that they don't start out that way... Looking over the tag team division is weird too, because it seems so barren with just 8 established teams. I've just spent so long with this bloated-roster version of the Supreme Wrestling Federation that it seems natural to me. When its not. I've spent close to a year real time with this game, which real blows my mind when I consider that.

[FONT=Arial][CENTER][SIZE=6]The Fry Report Preview[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/Bigpapa42_2006/Wrestling/Media/FryReport.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [quote][I]Every week on The Fry Report podcast will provide the latest information on everything Supreme. News, rumors, and interviews, all brought to you by the incomparable Duane Fry.[/I] [B]Preview for podcast available Wednesday, Week 4, November 2008[/B] "This looks to be an enticing week of action on SWF Legends. One no fan will want to miss." "Sources indicate that SWF World Heavyweight champion Rich Money will be in attendance. Because if there is anything the Supreme Wrestling Federation needs, its more money. Seriously, having him all over Supreme TV every week clearly isn't enough. Now we get him on Legends, too. "Hard Cash" will apparently address why he's thrilled to be facing SWF Supreme champion Christian Faith at Christmas Clash." "Legends brand Eric Tyler will have some things to say tonight, apparently regarding the mysterious "Forsaken" promos that have been seen in recent weeks. That likely isn't a good thing." "Can size and power overcome skill and technique? Well, we will rarely have that question answered more definitive than tonight. Dan Stone Junior will take on the resident monster of the Legends brand, Golden Faction member Rex. The Canadian grappler is apparently intent on working his way through the Faction members to get to SWF Legends champion Bloodstone. The two have some serious history in their previous home..." "The always-fun Canadian "nutters" High Concept put their SWF Sky Club Division Tag Team championship belts on the line again this week. This time they will be facing Japanese duo Tokyo Underground and Japanese-inspired duo Lords of Pure. This three way might be the toughest test that Benson and Bling have faced thus far. Will the champions be up to it?" "This week, we have not one but two tag team matches that will feature a mystery partner. The first is Steve Frehley and Ray Diaz - Mass Effect, if you prefer - will take on Enygma and a mystery partner. My immediate thought is that SWF Shooting Star champion Acid would make a natural tag team partner for the former world champion. However, Acid is already wrestling tonight as he defends his belt against Mainstream Hernandez. Plus, its unlikely that Eric Tyler would allow one of his Watchmen to partner up with Enygma, not unless it served a purpose for Tyler. I'm told that Enygma's partner is someone that his manager Grandmaster Bling has brought in, so this could be interesting." "The other mystery partner will be in the main event. The Golden Faction duo of Rocky Golden and Bloodstone will take on Chris Caufield and a mystery partner. Its not so tough to assume that the mystery partner will be a member of what is being called "Vibert's Alliance". However, I've heard that is not the case. So if it isn't Christian Faith, Big Cat Brandon, or Chris Morrisette, who is it? Could we see a new addition to the Alliance? You will have to tune in tonight to find out..." "SWF Legends always offers the best action! SWF Legends... only on CBA!" [/quote][B]The Fry Report will be available on SWF.com or directly from iTunes.[/B] [quote]An extra special feature for the Fry Report... A preview of the matches lined up for SWF Legends this week! [COLOR=Blue]Dan Stone Jr[/COLOR] vs [COLOR=Red]Rex[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]Tokyo Underground[/COLOR] vs [COLOR=Blue]Lords of Pure[/COLOR] vs [COLOR=Blue]High Concept[/COLOR] for the [B]SWF Sky Club Division Tag Team Championships[/B] [COLOR=Blue]Mainstream Hernandez[/COLOR] vs [COLOR=Red]Acid[/COLOR] for the [B]SWF Shooting Star Championship[/B] [COLOR=Red]Texas Pete[/COLOR] vs [COLOR=Blue]American Elemental[/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]Mass Effect[/COLOR] vs [COLOR=Red]Enygma[/COLOR] & [COLOR=Red][B]???[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue][B]Chris Caufield[/B][/COLOR] & [B][COLOR=Blue]???[/COLOR][/B] vs [COLOR=Red]Rocky Golden[/COLOR] & [COLOR=Red]Bloodstone[/COLOR] [/quote][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=Black][B]Dan Stone Jr[/B] vs Rex Tokyo Underground vs [B]Lords of Pure[/B] vs High Concept for the [B]SWF Sky Club Division Tag Team Championships[/B] [B]Mainstream Hernandez[/B] vs Acid for the [B]SWF Shooting Star Championship[/B] Texas Pete vs [B]American Elemental[/B] Mass Effect vs Enygma & [B]???[/B] [B]Chris Caufield[/B] & [B]???[/B] vs Rocky Golden & Bloodstone[/COLOR][/FONT]

[B]Dan Stone Jr[/B] vs Rex [I]Stone isn't going to lose to a faction lackey, even if that lackey is a 300 Ib plus monster.[/I] Tokyo Underground vs Lords of Pure vs [B]High Concept[/B] for the SWF Sky Club Division Tag Team Championships [I]One of the challenging teams will eventually emerge as serious contenders for these belts (they'll have to) but for now High Concept retain the titles.[/I] Mainstream Hernandez vs [B]Acid [/B]for the SWF Shooting Star Championship [I]Again much like the Tag belts for the Sky Club Division, you may as well keep the belt on the current holder, until someone can position themselves as a serious challenger. [/I] [B]Texas Pete[/B] vs American Elemental [I]I so want to go for American Elemental, but unfortunately he's just job fodder in the SWF (to be honest it's what a promotion like SWF would do with someone like AE) and as much as I'm not a fan of Texas Pete he does need the occasional squash win to keep him looking a threat.[/I] [B]Mass Effect[/B] vs Enygma & ??? [I]Too many mystery dudes !! Anyway I can't see Bling having involvement with this Forsaken character, and with Frehley refocused I see Mass Effect winning.[/I] Chris Caufield & ??? vs [B]Rocky Golden & Bloodstone[/B] [I]Could go either way but I feel the Golden Faction do need to win occasionally to continue looking a threat.[/I]

[B]Dan Stone Jr[/B] vs Rex [B]Tokyo Underground[/B] vs Lords of Pure vs High Concept for the SWF Sky Club Division Tag Team Championships Mainstream Hernandez vs [B]Acid[/B] for the SWF Shooting Star Championship [B]Texas Pete[/B] vs American Elemental [B]Mass Effect[/B] vs Enygma & ??? Chris Caufield & ??? vs [B]Rocky Golden & Bloodstone[/B]

[B]Dan Stone Jr[/B] vs Rex Tokyo Underground vs Lords of Pure vs [B]High Concept[/B] for the SWF Sky Club Division Tag Team Championships Mainstream Hernandez vs [B]Acid[/B] for the SWF Shooting Star Championship [B]Texas Pete [/B]vs American Elemental [B]Mass Effect[/B] vs Enygma & ??? Chris Caufield & ??? vs [B]Rocky Golden & Bloodstone[/B]

[B]Dan Stone Jr[/B] vs Rex Tokyo Underground vs Lords of Pure vs [B]High Concept[/B] for the SWF Sky Club Division Tag Team Championships Mainstream Hernandez vs [B]Acid[/B] for the SWF Shooting Star Championship [B]Texas Pete[/B] vs American Elemental [B]Mass Effect[/B] vs Enygma & ??? Chris Caufield & ??? vs [B]Rocky Golden & Bloodstone[/B]

[B]Dan Stone Jr[/B] vs Rex I see big things in the future for Stone in this promotion, so I don't think you'll sap his momentum so soon out of the gate. Tokyo Underground vs Lords of Pure vs [B]High Concept [/B]for the SWF Sky Club Division Tag Team Championships The other two teams will be serious contenders one day, but for now they still just aren't over enough for the belts. Mainstream Hernandez vs [B]Acid[/B] for the SWF Shooting Star Championship I honestly don't see this belt changing hands outside of a ladder match... [B]Texas Pete[/B] vs American Elemental Has AE won any matches since he signed? [B]Mass Effect[/B] vs Enygma & ??? Frehley's new deal makes this almost an assured win. [B]Chris Caufield & ??? [/B]vs Rocky Golden & Bloodstone No idea who the mystery partner is if it isn't one of his stablemates, but I think Caufield's team will take this one via DQ.

[B]Dan Stone Jr [/B]vs Rex Golden Faction sure does have a lot of glorified jobbers.. :p Tokyo Underground vs [B]Lords of Pure[/B] vs High Concept for the SWF Sky Club Division Tag Team Championships Concept's held them for long enough..besides I get the feeling that Lords of Pure are the next holders of that belt anyway. Mainstream Hernandez vs [B]Acid[/B] for the SWF Shooting Star Championship Yeah, no. [B]Texas Pete[/B] vs American Elemental Elemental winning would be kickass, but I don't see it happening. [B]Mass Effect[/B] vs Enygma & Giant Tana Tana takes the fall here.. [B]Chris Caufield & Giant Tana[/B] vs Rocky Golden & Bloodstone ..but makes up for it with a win here!

[QUOTE=Tigerkinney;668556][I]I so want to go for American Elemental, but unfortunately he's just job fodder in the SWF (to be honest it's what a promotion like SWF would do with someone like AE) and as much as I'm not a fan of Texas Pete he does need the occasional squash win to keep him looking a threat.[/I][/QUOTE] [QUOTE=kingtutt;668970]Has AE won any matches since he signed? [/QUOTE] Uh, I think AE has scored a couple of wins on the SWF Generation Supreme B show... but I wouldn't swear on that. The funny thing is that, similar to El Leon and a few others, he's gradually getting over just by being on TV. I don't ever expect him to main event, but I'm hoping that he should be able to grow into a solid midcard talent - along with the likes of Bart Biggz, High Concept, Akima Brave, and the Lords of Pure. I don't really have greater ambitions for the Sky Club Division guys than that, but its gradually happening. With regards to the future plans for American Elemental, I am slowly getting something in place that should see him get a bit more success. I hope its going to be fun... An no, Zeel, its not a tag team with Giant Tana... [QUOTE=Zeel1;668975] [B]Mass Effect[/B] vs Enygma & Giant Tana Tana takes the fall here.. [B]Chris Caufield & Giant Tana[/B] vs Rocky Golden & Bloodstone ..but makes up for it with a win here![/QUOTE] That would be all kinds of awesome... but I went a different direction. One that includes debuting Edd Stone and Tommy Cornell... ...kidding...

[QUOTE=Zeel1;669001]I'm trying to start a diary meme here, help me out.. :p[/QUOTE] Hmm... We all know that Giant Tana is just the right tag team partner away from being a true legend. Let's see then... Giant Tana + American Elemental = The Giant Element Giant Tana + Enygma = Enyg-Tana Giant Tana + Ricky Dale Johnson = Ricky and the Fat Man Giant Tana + Edd Stone = One Big Hangover Giant Tana + Genghis Rahn = Brawling & Boring Giant Tana + Bruce the Giant = The Ring Breakers Giant Tana + Tommy Cornell = One Man Show

[QUOTE=Bigpapa42;669016]Hmm... We all know that Giant Tana is just the right tag team partner away from being a true legend. Let's see then... Giant Tana + American Elemental = The Giant Element Giant Tana + Enygma = Enyg-Tana Giant Tana + Ricky Dale Johnson = Ricky and the Fat Man Giant Tana + Edd Stone = One Big Hangover Giant Tana + Genghis Rahn = Brawling & Boring Giant Tana + Bruce the Giant = The Ring Breakers Giant Tana + Tommy Cornell = One Man Show[/QUOTE] I have something in mind for Tana, eventually, in TCW which shoult provide some really, really interesting reactions. We'll see.

[QUOTE=Bigpapa42;669016]Hmm... We all know that Giant Tana is just the right tag team partner away from being a true legend. Let's see then... Giant Tana + American Elemental = The Giant Element Giant Tana + Enygma = Enyg-Tana Giant Tana + Ricky Dale Johnson = Ricky and the Fat Man Giant Tana + Edd Stone = One Big Hangover Giant Tana + Genghis Rahn = Brawling & Boring Giant Tana + Bruce the Giant = The Ring Breakers Giant Tana + Tommy Cornell = One Man Show[/QUOTE] Giant Tana + Sean McFly = Inspiring Charity Giant Tana + Giant Redwood = The Useful Giants Giant Tana + Too Hot = Total Ripoffs Giant Tana + Samoan Machine = 1 and 1/2 Samoan (Machine: No, seriously, he's only half samoan! Really!)

[QUOTE=Phantom Stranger;669021]I have something in mind for Tana, eventually, in TCW which shoult provide some really, really interesting reactions. We'll see.[/QUOTE] I'm jealous... Sorta... With TCW, I usually manage to find a use for Tana. Even if its just a goofy tag team with Danny Fonzarelli. He's still on the SWF roster, but he's doing nothing. I have zero for the guy at this point. He hasn't even been on the B show for more than a month. Not even complaing about it, though. He was probably the worst signing I've made in this game. Well, behind the secret signing of Giant Redwood that I managed to keep secret for so long. I did sign him with plans - he would join this Samoan stable with the Wildboyz and Rhino Umaga. He would tag with Umaga and it would be cool - the giant and the Samoan savage... But I never really looked at how utterly lacking overness Rhino was, and while he looks pretty good at a glance, he's not quite good enough to be worth the effort of a sustained push to get him over. Combined with having lost faith in Kid Toma after his lackluster run with the Shooting Star belt (my mistake to put it on him instead of Akima)... well, the only Samoan who I see with a long-term future in the SWF at this point is Akima Brave... and even that I'm not certain on. Tana is just kinda stuck in a tough place. He's not talented enough or Menacing enough to really make a go of it as a monster heel at this point, not when I have so many other better options already on the roster. The only real use I can think of for him is to find a tag team partner for him... but I have utterly failed in that regard. I've considered everyone I have on the roster, plus guys in development. I've tested him with a ton of possible partners, looking for good chemistry or inspiration. But nothing. I thought of maybe doing a fun, goofy combo with Robbie Retro, but wasn't feeling it and found a different tag team option for Robbie. So I'm left with nada. If Tana doesn't end up with a role soon, he's going to start the 2009 game year unemployed... BTW PS... stop talking about Tee-Cee-Dub and get a show posted! I'm getting anxious here! [QUOTE=Zeel1;669023]Giant Tana + Sean McFly = Inspiring Charity Giant Tana + Giant Redwood = The Useful Giants Giant Tana + Too Hot = Total Ripoffs Giant Tana + Samoan Machine = 1 and 1/2 Samoan (Machine: No, seriously, he's only half samoan! Really!)[/QUOTE] The thought of McFly carrying Tana is both awe-inspiring and horrifying. If and when I can sign Samoan Machine, I will find far beter uses for him than tagging with Tana.... Uses like jobbing to Rich Money!

Align Tana with Sin Inc to make Sin & Tanac. or Gino for Gin and Tanac Or with Nevada for Ten Tana Nuke Or with the Golden Faction and rename him Golden Tan Or Rex for the great tag team Tanasaurious Rex Or with the Samoan Wildboyz for Boyz Tana Men Or with John Greed for Greed and Gluttony. Hell throw in the Neptunes for Lust, Bruce for Pride, Tyler for Envy, Gilmore for Wrath and Payne for Sloth. Best. Stable. Ever!

[B]Dan Stone Jr [/B]vs Rex Tokyo Underground vs Lords of Pure vs [B]High Concept[/B] for the SWF Sky Club Division Tag Team Championships Mainstream Hernandez vs [B]Acid[/B] for the SWF Shooting Star Championship Texas Pete vs [B]American Elemental[/B] Mass Effect vs Enygma & [B]???[/B] [B]Chris Caufield & ??? [/B]vs Rocky Golden & Bloodstone

[QUOTE=Astil;669103]Hell throw in the Neptunes for Lust, Bruce for Pride, Tyler for Envy, Gilmore for Wrath and Payne for Sloth. Best. Stable. Ever![/QUOTE] Throw in Emma Chase, and it'll be the breast stable ever!

Archived