I'm getting on for eight years in my ROF game and just curious if anyone has had the amount of promotions going out of business like I have had so far. [B]WLW[/B] (September 2008) [B]4C[/B] (May 2012) [B]ELPF[/B] (January 2014) [B]APW[/B] (May 2014) [B]WEXXV[/B] (June 2015) [B]AAA[/B] (August 2015) Also looks like OLLIE's dying a slow death as their finances keep plummeting :(. Feels like the game is making up for lost time with the rate of going out of business going through the roof in 2015 lol :).

i had several promotions go out of business in my 07 diary game, but half of those were small companies that opened in Japan during the game and died quick deaths by touring too much while small. I did have WEXXV, 21CW, UCR, ELPF go under, but no one unexpected, except perhaps UCR. Cult is a killer of a lot of companies, especially if they don't start with a deep warchest.

• 6 months later...
[QUOTE=Phantom Stranger;622691] GCG TCW I feel there's a couple of standout names in there.[/QUOTE] :eek: I'd be shocked by USPW - but these two? How on earth have TCW crashed and SWF survived? 4C in November 2012 APW in May 2012 ELPF in September 2011 WEXXV in November 2008

My longest game so far is my EWA game, and so far only WLW have gone under, and that was back in October 2008. It became a bit of a godsend for WEXXV, who promptly cut alot of their guys and brought in alot of WLW's more talented workers and give them a bit of a Golden Era before the big two signed off the talented folks for themselves. Still, it saved WEXXV much to my delight. ROF and 5SSW have both been on the brink, but I think 5SSW was accidentally saved by a couple of their top workers retiring. Their shows aren't as good, but atleast they're making money again. And I think ROF just struggled due to a collapse in the UK economy. They survived, though, and seem to be recovering. Personally, I want to see what happens when 21CW ride my coat-tails and rise to Cult. Would be nice to know that I'm the only company left in all of Europe with a TV deal, having sabotaged 21CW thanks to giving Adam Matravers, Joey Beauchamp, and Eddie Cornell all enough overness for them to put on C+ shows. :D

Archived