Nevy's Radio Show

Nevermore

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Wallbanger;750015]Whooooo![/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Note sent to Nevy for song choice](1972) "Also Sprach Zarathustra" [i] by Deodato - a funk arrangement of Richard Strauss' composition of the same name (Because...come on. GDS Boards and Ric Flair. You know you want to. WOOOOO!)[/QUOTE] Glad to see we think alike, 'Banger.

I sadly do not remember much of what I learned, but I think I could pick up a few refreshers if need be. (The following is not meant for on-air reading; this is more of an aside to the two of you.) Glad I don't have to guess the theme this week--there is no way I'd be able to get it, though I know my first guess for Odd One Out would have been Lacrymosa.

[quote=ShadowedFlames;750024](The following is not meant for on-air reading; this is more of an aside to the two of you.) Glad I don't have to guess the theme this week--there is no way I'd be able to get it, though I know my first guess for Odd One Out would have been Lacrymosa.[/quote] I would have had the theme by now - I have a BM in music so I've had four semesters of music history. Odd one out would have been hard, though.

[QUOTE=Wallbanger;750027]I would have had the theme by now - I have a BM in music so I've had four semesters of music history. Odd one out would have been hard, though.[/QUOTE] The closest I can come to that is three years of concert choir in high school. I've just enjoyed music growing up, though my lack of education in some areas of music is sadly apparent. Though I think I might have had it by the point of Zarathusra on a lucky guess...I wouldn't guarantee it though.

[quote=ShadowedFlames;750028]The closest I can come to that is three years of concert choir in high school. I've just enjoyed music growing up, though my lack of education in some areas of music is sadly apparent. Though I think I might have had it by the point of Zarathusra on a lucky guess...I wouldn't guarantee it though.[/quote] The REAL challenge would be to correctly identify the thematic connection for each song.

[quote=ShadowedFlames;750033]Indeed it would be. I never would have been able to get the thematic connection to all of them. At least I know where my problems are.[/quote] I know what I would have used as OOO if I had programmed this, to my knowledge it would work, and it's even topical as it's just been sent up by the Muppets! [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgbNymZ7vqY[/url]

[QUOTE=Wallbanger;750051]With this song (Toccata) it should be bloody obvious what the theme is! That being said, a great theme that Elle(?) picked, and you've programmed it quite deftly.[/QUOTE] Quoted for truth; nice tidbit about the odd one out as well. Next week should be interesting; I don't see Nevy wanting to give up control of the theme so soon...I'm expecting a brain-busting time to get the theme. Looking forward to it.

[QUOTE=Wallbanger;750076]Shadowed, in case you're curious -- [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEbO80q66ak[/url][/QUOTE] ...The sad part? I didn't recognize it until the last five seconds when the strings came back up. As soon as they started and I heard "You fill up my senses..." in my head, it clicked. I bow to your superior knowledge.

[QUOTE=Nevermore;755007]Well, it's Thursday, ladiesa and gents, and you know what that means... [url]www.insanityradio.com[/url] 22:00-00:00 (GMT) or 17:00-19:00 (EST) Please tune in if you can ;). It would be ,muchly appreciated. Quote The Raven Nevermore[/QUOTE] Hey Nevvy Can't listen to night. nephew has his first ever xmas concert. 10 year olds are so cute when they play the trumpet. I did want to ask you this. I went to the site and poked around and listened to the ones that were on yesterday, do you play the "all types" of music they did yesterday?

Archived