Hardy vs Taker

GatorBait19

Was just talking about these matches... I haven't seen the Smackdown match yet but will be watching it soon. The ladder match from years back was the first time I truly believed that Jeff COULD be a main event player one day. Prior to that I always thought he'd be a popular guy but never a credible threat... but now, he's one step away from being the next Shawn Michaels. Personally, I can't wait for CM Punk to one day turn heel and bring on his straight edge indy schtick back. Heel Punk vs Jeff Hardy will one day be the WWE's major rivalry, trust me on that one. :)

As many will know i've never been shy to show my dislike for Hardy and the push he is receiving, but even I have to admit that he handled the match with Taker on Friday very well, I was genuinley impressed. Also hope they continue the losing his mind angle until he becomes completely insane. There may be hope for me as a Hardy fan yet :D

[QUOTE=Blasphemywebleed;525248]As many will know i've never been shy to show my dislike for Hardy and the push he is receiving, but even I have to admit that he handled the match with Taker on Friday very well, I was genuinley impressed. Also hope they continue the losing his mind angle until he becomes completely insane. There may be hope for me as a Hardy fan yet :D[/QUOTE] I didn't like the match.

[quote=Astil;525332]I didn't like the match.[/quote] Are you being sarcastic? No really, are you? :eek: Dude, you're like the biggest Jeff Hardy mark on the board, and this sure seemed like one of his best performances that didn't involve drops of greater than fifteen feet in the air. What didn't you like?

[QUOTE=Wallbanger;525469]Are you being sarcastic? No really, are you? :eek: Dude, you're like the biggest Jeff Hardy mark on the board, and this sure seemed like one of his best performances that didn't involve drops of greater than fifteen feet in the air. What didn't you like?[/QUOTE] Not being sarcastic, probably just nitpicky. Oh I love the push and the lack of 15 foot drops. The promo after, as well as the week before, was gold. However, I think Hardy over flopped a bit in the begining of the match. It was so ridiculous, and took the 'moment' right out of the match. However, it may have been nerves, and would love to see a rematch or even a Hardy Big Show v. Taker HHH tag match. The war paint was pretty epic though. Maybe I'm expecting too much...

[QUOTE=Prophet;525472]As good as the match was, I thought the promo was absolutely brilliant. And the added touch of silver/gray warpaint? Beautiful. I gained a whole new respect for Hardy for that performance.[/QUOTE] That promo was insane, but I'll repeat what I said after I saw it: "When the hell did Jeff Hardy learn to cut a promo?"

he used to cut promos in OMEGA, and im sure he will have picked peoples brains backstage as there has been some awesome promo guys in the WWE over the years. Plus, Its taped so i guess they can edit things and he could take as many takes as needed. I saw the match and although it was good, i thought there ladder match in 2002 told a better story, but i agree they both have shown that hardy can be a believable main eventer.

I actually checked out Smackdown for once and it was the Jeff Hardy show for me. The facepaint was wicked, the promo was outstanding and it was a good, mature performance in the ring. The difference between the Ladder Match and this was Jeff was very much the underdog in the Ladder Match and didn't have a great amount to do. I thought it kicked serious butt, but it was all about Undertaker and the match script for me. This match Jeff looked like he deserved to be there and could in fact be a bonafide main eventer.

The first thing I thought when I saw Hardy's facepaint was: New Brood anyone? They probably won't turn Hardy heel, but if Christian comes back to the 'E and aligns with a returning Edge against Taker and Trips, where does that leave Hardy? I'd love a stable of Edge, Hardy and Christian to feud with the 'old guard' of the WWE. It just seems to me to mean serious money feuds and elevation of Hardy, Edge and Christian. I'd really dig the three of them going crazy and running over Smackdown because they've been overlooked as the true stars of the 'E for so long. Even with Hardy being really popular, they seem to be making him a tweener anyway, so why don't they just position him in the middle of a war between Triple H and Taker against Edge and Christian? Besides, anything that could possibly have the faintest hint of luring Gangrel back onto my television screen has my seal of approval...

[QUOTE=Astil;525593]I don't think Hardy and Edge together would be good at all. Just the personal stuff. However Christian and Hardy. Yes. Id Christoan returns.[/QUOTE] If you are referring to the Lita situation that was between Matt and Edge. He and Jeff never had any problems that I know of.

[QUOTE=scorpion;525622]If you are referring to the Lita situation that was between Matt and Edge. He and Jeff never had any problems that I know of.[/QUOTE] Matt and Jeff are brothers, and I'm pretty sure that in the Twist of Fate DVD Jeff said something about feeling 'betrayed' as well.

[QUOTE=Astil;525593]I don't think Hardy and Edge together would be good at all. Just the personal stuff. However Christian and Hardy. Yes. If Christoan returns.[/QUOTE] Keeping in mind Edge and Matt Hardy worked a programme for several months just after it happened without any real incidents that I can recall...

The old ladder match has easily one of my favorite jeff hardy promos ever just so short and to the point... right after the match... crawling in the middle of the ring... Hardy grabs the microphone. "Taaaaaaker...I'm still staaaaandin'...." Undertaker looks at Jeff Hardy with a half respect/half 'why the hell would he say something like that' look on his face.

If they bring Edge back the way I hope they do, it may deflect the awkwardness of having him align with Jeff. I think it's been suggested here before, though I can't recall by whom; Edge comes back from his being dispatched 'to hell' by Taker with a much darker, almost possessed nature to his personality. Note that I specifically DON'T want him to take on a gothic/vampiric gimmick, as that would be in many ways a step backward -- I'm thinking almost a mini-Taker kind of invulnerability, paired with the manic derangement that Edge can do so well. Jeff could very easily align with such a character and you could even have fun with making his new face paint gradually darker over time, i.e. from grey to black, to symbolize his falling further and further into the abyss. This could set up a program where Matt feuds with Jeff to 'redeem' him, which could go in all sorts of directions without once ever having to refer to all that unpleasantness a few years back.

[QUOTE=sprinklefurball;525706]The old ladder match has easily one of my favorite jeff hardy promos ever just so short and to the point... right after the match... crawling in the middle of the ring... Hardy grabs the microphone. "Taaaaaaker...I'm still staaaaandin'...." Undertaker looks at Jeff Hardy with a half respect/half 'why the hell would he say something like that' look on his face.[/QUOTE] Hanging on the ropes, not crawling

Can I just say a big fat NO DEAR GOD NO PLEASE LORD NO NEVER EVER AGAIN to a Matt/Jeff feud? Honest to God, if you ever want to see a case of zero chemistry as opponents look at their clashes at the 2001 Royal Rumble, Armageddon 2001 or even their mini face-off in the Battle Royal a few months back. Their timing together is all over the place. That said, Friday night's SmackDown was a tremendous show - sorry I didn't book tickets for it, but that's okay. Hardy's always been a decent promo - but he never gets the chance to show it. He has charisma up the wazoo anyway, it was just a case of him having the confidence on the mic to use it. His feud with Orton last year helped, and his big promo on Friday may well have been taped rather than live - but it's good that he's getting practise.

[QUOTE=James Casey;525767]Can I just say a big fat NO DEAR GOD NO PLEASE LORD NO NEVER EVER AGAIN to a Matt/Jeff feud? Honest to God, if you ever want to see a case of zero chemistry as opponents look at their clashes at the 2001 Royal Rumble, Armageddon 2001 or even their mini face-off in the Battle Royal a few months back. Their timing together is all over the place. That said, Friday night's SmackDown was a tremendous show - sorry I didn't book tickets for it, but that's okay. Hardy's always been a decent promo - but he never gets the chance to show it. He has charisma up the wazoo anyway, it was just a case of him having the confidence on the mic to use it. His feud with Orton last year helped, and his big promo on Friday may well have been taped rather than live - but it's good that he's getting practise.[/QUOTE] I think that the character a person has sometimes brings out the charisma. When Jeff Hardy would go back and forth with MVP, I really didn't enjoy his mic work. As the psycho, his mic work just seems so much better. I always thought the same of Dustin Runnels. As Dustin Rhodes, I just didn't care for his mic work. As Goldust, he was, pardon the pun, gold on the mic. Its like the minute the paint went on the lights turned on.

Archived