TNA Heel dominate?

GatorBait19

Absolutely. I'm not just saying you have to be a big guy to be credible. Not by a long shot. If you stick to your strengths. If you show that you can do one thing really, really well and outclass your opponent in that aspect, I can buy it. I'll use AJ Styles as an example. He is really fast and agile. If he uses that speed & agility in a match, it makes perfect sense that he can beat bigger, slower opponents. Chris Benoit was another example. He was so technically skilled, and by that I don't mean all-around wrestling performance, but in the ability to suddenly lock you in holds & counter holds, then it's perfectly believable that he can beat an opponent less versed in technical maneuvers. If you excel in any one aspect, I can buy you as Champion. If you're a generic wrestler, I can't, regardless of promo skills and how much people like you. Sorry Matt Hardy, I love you but I don't think people will believe a real title reign. Ric Flair is his heyday absolutely had credibility. It's just that in his later years he didn't have any speed/strength/size/agility advantage over his opponents. While he still had technical skills, and was undoubtably wily, he just looked exhausted out there. I could buy him winning matches, but not being the best fighter in the world, which is what the WWE Champion is supposed to be.

I agree with that. As anyone who's read my diaries knows, I'm a mad Flair fan... but, I didn't really enjoy him getting a couple of his World Heavyweight Championships at the end, because I couldn't buy it. And I hated it when he started wrestling in a black shirt, it almost felt as if he was hiding the look of his body which doesn't make it credible. Flair pre probably 1997 though I could always buy.

[QUOTE=Self;537039] If you excel in any one aspect, I can buy you as Champion. If you're a generic wrestler, I can't, regardless of promo skills and how much people like you. Sorry Matt Hardy, I love you but I don't think people will believe a real title reign. .[/QUOTE] In this I think I agree with you. But I feel they hold the damn world title up like it actually has prestige. Ya in the old days i think it did. But now a days they try to go back to that, and it just isn't the case. Russo ruined it in the 90s with his crash TV booking. The title is a prop to me anymore. I want to see more title switches. It makes the big match more memorable. Just once I want to see some one like Matt Hardy come out and wrestle Chris Jericho when he was champ. Cena interferes and Hardy becomes World Champ for 1 week until the following Raw where Jericho wins it back. They did this with Batista which was kinda cool but it would shock the hell out of people if Hardy would do it, or some one on the same level. Just think when Punk won it, people went nuts. Or even Kofi Kingston with the IC title for that matter.

Archived