Idea! Forum awards for WWE 2008

sebsy

Hey chaps. Was just wondering people's thoughts on doing something along the lines of awards for WWE based on the users of GDS. I'm only thinking WWE because it's all I watch but if someone else wanted to do a TNA or TNA/WWE type thing fair enough. Anyway just wondering peoples thoughts on this and if it is popular I'd like some ideas for what awards there could be. I'm thinking Match of the year Feud of the year Most improved Best on microphone Best Wrestler Best PPV Best Diva and of course Best all round superstar Just a thought really, thought it would be fun to do something like this. Maybe also who do you think will break in to the main event scene in 09?

The "[I]Would that look good on me?[/I]" award for Best Ring Attire. The "[I]I wonder what's on the other channel...[/I]" award for Most Irritating Segment. The "[I]Why are people cheering[/I]?" award for most inexplicable babyface. Best Tag Team Best Finisher Cool idea.

[QUOTE=derek_b;537309]I'll certainly be in on the voting, but I suspect Santino is going to win everything. :)[/QUOTE] :D I love Santino, despite the fact he's a heel, I always get a smile when his music hits or he pops up backstage. His segment this week trying to do Melina's entrance was superb. His comedy acting/timing is just superb.

Agreed, and I can't wait for the inevitable feud between Santino and Scotty Goldman (Colt Cabana). I think if those two get into the ring together that we'll end up laughing at stuff we're [i]supposed[/i] to laugh at, rather than the stuff we smark at. :)

Some catergories: Best Big Man Most Valuable Wrestler Most Underused Most Hated heel( This means not that you love to hate them buut you hate to love them aka X-Pac Heat) Hang Up The Boots award (The wrestler that you think needs to retire and is just past his/her prime) Most Valuable title (Which title has the most presige) Most Innovatave Wrestler That's all I can think of right now

Cheers Prophet. Would the category you're suggesting be incorporated in most improved? Or is it a different element. ie most improved could be anyone, example Santino, Cody Rhodes, Orton Whereas breakout could be, as you suggested, Kendrick or maybe even Jeff Hardy for his push and recent change of persona.

[QUOTE=sebsy;537796]Cheers Prophet. Would the category you're suggesting be incorporated in most improved? Or is it a different element. ie most improved could be anyone, example Santino, Cody Rhodes, Orton Whereas breakout could be, as you suggested, Kendrick or maybe even Jeff Hardy for his push and recent change of persona.[/QUOTE] My differentiating would be most improved would be anyone ... be it Santino's ring work, or Orton's ability with a promo. Someone people know as who they are, but they've made noticeable strides in the craft, excelling in areas that they had previously lacked. Breakout would be someone who was under the radar, who no one thought was upper echelon, such as Kendrick, or a newer name, who has come in, and made his way to upper-midcard-ish standing in a relatively short time. Evan Bourne, Vladimir, Kofi ... all relative rookies, all who've made a significant impact in a short time. They haven't really improved, they've merely become more known. Make sense?

Archived