No Way Out Spoiler

The Masked Orange

Unless you want to be ECW Champion

Ultimate Swerve!!

They want Orton to be the heel and there is one sure fire way of doing it punting/rkoing the only McMahon who won´t be seen as a heel Linda! Shes never been heelish towards the fans as far as I remember and she´s an old lady for christ sakes! Prolly wont happen as she is having trouble getting onto that board she wants on, but if that is finished or doesnt work hell Grandma hitting = insta heel.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get the feeling a lot of wrestling fans would cheer a Linda-punting. Maybe it's just me, but I assume they'd identify more with Orton than with a rich old woman from Connecticut. I guess it would come down to what the scene was about. If Linda was demanding that he apologise and threatening to fire him, I'd be screaming "PUNT! PUNT!" at the screen like nobodies business (I think I have unresolved issues with my Grandparents) if she was doing something more... innocent, not flaunting her wealth and power, then it could be an awesome heel move.

For heel heat, I'd punt Jim Ross. Well-liked. Little power. Can't fight back.

Or one of Steph & Trips' kids.

Who old is their youngest?

Who old is their youngest?

from wiki:

McMahon continued to work and travel with WWE throughout her pregnancy, giving birth to an 8 lb, 7 oz (3.8 kg) baby girl, Aurora Rose Levesque, on July 24, 2006.[41] McMahon and Levesque had their second child on July 28, 2008, a daughter named Murphy Claire Levesque.

Quick thing, I was talking with a co-worker yesterday about Raw and he said he is tired of Jericho and how he acts and him trying to be a legend (he gets it's a storyline but he was just saying he is still tired of it)

And my argument was, how can you not consider Jericho a legend. Jericho in all my days is one of the few wrestlers who I could watch a match and not get bored with even when he had to carry JBL. Jericho to me always cuts a great promo (even better now than it was yester-year) and can almost make anyone look like a star.

Your co-worker sounds like a mark. He sounds like someone who rates a character's actions over the performer's skill and buys into the storylines that WWE presents. The Chris Jericho character is a jerk, and is presented as someone fans should dislike. Therefore marks, like your co-worker, dislike Jericho. They don't care about work-rate or technical skill or charisma.

Hopefully this doesn't sound like an insult to your co-worker because I think being a mark is AWESOME. It's like being a fan of Lost and going up to the water-cooler after the latest episode and saying to your buddies "OMG I can't believe what Jim-Bob did to the Ruskie!!!" I do that all the time. I wish I could do the same for wrestling.

Anyway, the answer's simple. Jericho is a heel.

And my argument was, how can you not consider Jericho a legend.

... because he's not a legend? He's good, he's a star, he'll always be one of the greats of the business... but a legend?

Legends are Flair, Hogan, Austin, Rock, Taker, Piper... guys who were amazing back in the day and could still pop a crowd just by showing up in the building today. Guys who even non-wrestling fans know.

Jericho is always going to be a wrestling star. But he's got a long way to go before hitting Wrestling Legend.

... because he's not a legend? He's good, he's a star, he'll always be one of the greats of the business... but a legend?

Legends are Flair, Hogan, Austin, Rock, Taker, Piper... guys who were amazing back in the day and could still pop a crowd just by showing up in the building today. Guys who even non-wrestling fans know.

Jericho is always going to be a wrestling star. But he's got a long way to go before hitting Wrestling Legend.

I agree. In fairness though, I think the problem here is that the term "legend" gets thrown around too loosely. Example being Greg Valentine. Valentine is a cool cat and had some great matches, but the majority of wrestling fans wouldn't know him if they were sitting next to him on the bus. That doesn't even touch most non-wrestling fans.

Legends are in my opinion the upper class of the upper class of guys in the profession. The guys that have at least some mainstream notoriety and can still elicit great responses from a bulk of a crowd beyond their active years. It doesn't have anything to do with talent either.

The thing is, that was back in the days a single man would carry the company, in a good, competitive, complex environment, which is what WWE is, a single man shouldn't be trusted to carry a company.

Jericho IS a legend. First Undisputed champion, for one, four time world champion (if memory serves), beat The Rock AND Steve Austin on the same night.

He help give rise to some memorable ladder matches, he cuts better promos than I've ever seen out of anyone else.

Face it, in todays world, he was never big enough, or over enough to carry a company, but that doesn't mean he's not a legend.

If in a hundred years time, if a handful of people still know his name, he's a legend. Logie Baird is a T.V legend and I wouldn't recgonise him on a bus.

Archived