UFC Undisputed Roster and Release date video!!!

shigakai

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh yea, after hearin the roster, wat fights will you guys have in the game immediately?

sylvia is in?! yes!!

i'lll definately have sylvia vs. cheick kongo

coleman vs. vera

wanderlei vs. jardine 2

koscheck vs. serra

grove vs. leben

alexander vs. griffin

herring vs. lesnar 2

mir vs. rampage (if possible)

sylvia is in?! yes!!

i'lll definately have sylvia vs. cheick kongo

coleman vs. vera

wanderlei vs. jardine 2

koscheck vs. serra

grove vs. leben

alexander vs. griffin

herring vs. lesnar 2

mir vs. rampage (if possible)

Holy Crap, I forgot all about Tim Sylvia. I want to knock him out!!!!! I also want to have Tito vs. Griffin 2.

My guess onthe former UFC workers is that they signed the contract when they were still employed, remember, they haven't been out of the UFC for too long and this game has been in development for awhile. And I highly doubt Affliction wants to spend the legal costs to get Sylvia and Ortiz and Arlovski out of game since they're not even exclusive to them.

And I highly doubt Affliction wants to spend the legal costs to get Sylvia and Ortiz and Arlovski out of game

I highly doubt they have any rights on the matter to begin with.

Royce Gracie is in the game, that was announced a long time ago and confirmed by Dana on numerous occasions. So I'm guessing they didn't release unlockable characters like Gracie, which Couture may be one.

Efrain/Bader are free DLC if you preorder through GameStop apprently, although I'd expect them to be free regardless. And I'm certain they will have fighters DLC over time.

The fighters signed their likeness over to the UFC, only for the game, before they left the company. I love contracts.

They have not released the 'legends' list, that /are/ supposed to be in the game. So, look forward to seeing a couple more people in the game than the one's they announced there. Randy may very likely just be in the legends list, if he's in at all. Honestly, don't really mind if he isn't, as long as they have a good create a fighter. Seems like the only characters I have to make are the Japanese, Barnett, and of course Fedor.

Also, Cro Cop is in it - *love*

They have not released the 'legends' list, that /are/ supposed to be in the game. So, look forward to seeing a couple more people in the game than the one's they announced there. Randy may very likely just be in the legends list, if he's in at all. Honestly, don't really mind if he isn't, as long as they have a good create a fighter. Seems like the only characters I have to make are the Japanese, Barnett, and of course Fedor.

I would put a good 97% on him being in the game.

I'm interested to how they are going to do the CAF. In terms of slots and if we can possibly share them via XBL or another means. That way I wouldn't have to create people individually.

I'm very surprised that Hammil and Guida weren't on the roster given that they've been around for a while and are fairly popular.

Judging from the videos of it, I'm not convinced the gameplay is going to match up to the presentation - everything looks extremely jerky and stop-start, there isn't the fluidity of a real fight, especially in the stand up. I hope they improve that before release.

A lot of videos to me seemed is if it were 1 player vs. 2 player -- without the second person playing. I don't know if that's the case and they were just showing each persons moving, or if as you said Adam, it was just there is no fluidity of a fight.

I expected it not to be like an actual MMA fight in some sense, but I have some hopes for this game.

As for Hamill and Guida... I'd expect them to show up as DLC.

I just watched a lot of the new videos on IGN and I can see how the game comes off as jerky. I think the game will have a somewhat slow pace like Smackdown vs. Raw instead of a light speed MMA fight. From what I have seen so far it looks like it is relying on big things happening i.e. big punches, counter takedowns, big takedowns, submissions, instead of a slow methodical fight but of course I could be completely wrong considering people want excitement out of the trailers and tutorial vids.

the game is missing many aspects - from the videos stamina seems to play no part as fighters repeat moves without getting tired; southpaw fighters all seem to be in an orthodox stance. however, buying it will hopefully result in an improved sequel for 2010.

i read somewhere that randy couture is contracted to another game for which he did a voiceover - command and conquer?

Guest JJReid
I don't get it is War Machine gonna be in it or not because I though I heard somewhere he was gonna be in the game.

the game is missing many aspects - from the videos stamina seems to play no part as fighters repeat moves without getting tired;

If you read up on it you will find that stamina does play a factor in the fighters as they get tired through out the fight and any "injuries" (hurt legs from leg kicks, body shots, etc.) play a factor from round to round as well. Granted the stamina effect may not be up to your expectations but there is a system being used.

the game is missing many aspects - from the videos stamina seems to play no part as fighters repeat moves without getting tired; southpaw fighters all seem to be in an orthodox stance. however, buying it will hopefully result in an improved sequel for 2010.

i read somewhere that randy couture is contracted to another game for which he did a voiceover - command and conquer?

To add on to what jesterx7769 said: I get interested in games, but worry more about the depth of the modes because you can't tell from the videos they release because or demos really. Most of the time those are not the finished products that get shipped out. So if you truly are worried wait till it comes out and rent it.

Anyone heard anything about the career mode?

I heard in career mode you start out small in a crappy apartment and work you way to the top and that at the UFC events you can talk to different fighters/Dana. Don't quote me on this being official though as it is forum talk as this is.

Hopefully the rounds are five full minutes unlike the old games where it would go way too fast.

Anyone heard anything about the career mode?

you can see from the videos that the timer is much faster than realtime. however, i'm pretty sure you can adjust this. it's been a long time but i'm pretty sure i was able to do so in the old dreamcast game.

regardless of whether it needs improvement or not i had a lot of fun with the dreamcast game and will play this a lot - i just hope that it sells well enough to support an improved sequel.

the ufc is a big licence these days and i know the game is just a big money spinner but i hope the developers considered it somewhat a labour of love, like adam does with his games, and created something that works well as a game and doesn't just look like another pretty, big-budget game.

I heard in career mode you start out small in a crappy apartment and work you way to the top and that at the UFC events you can talk to different fighters/Dana. Don't quote me on this being official though as it is forum talk as this is.

That would be ideal.

I see that Mark Dellagrotte, Greg Jackson and Eddie Bravo are in the game, I'm guessing that it's like Fight Night Round 3 where you start off with one (probably Jackson since he trains his guys for free) and then you can hire the others when you start making some money.

Also Joe Silva, he'll probably show up at the smaller shows and tell you that the UFC is scouting you and give you a bunch of goals to complete before you finally get a contract, like one of those old WWE games where you started off in developement.

That would be ideal.

I see that Mark Dellagrotte, Greg Jackson and Eddie Bravo are in the game, I'm guessing that it's like Fight Night Round 3 where you start off with one (probably Jackson since he trains his guys for free) and then you can hire the others when you start making some money.

Also Joe Silva, he'll probably show up at the smaller shows and tell you that the UFC is scouting you and give you a bunch of goals to complete before you finally get a contract, like one of those old WWE games where you started off in developement.

I'm not one for speculating on how it will work, but that would make no sense. He's the trainer of two current UFC World Champions so it'd make sense he'd be one of the top if what you are saying turns out to be the case in career mode. Whereas someone like Eddie Bravo only teaches BJJ.

Absolutely, just an example. It's not totally unlikely though, you could go to him to start your career and get the fundamentals of MMA down and then go to one of the other guys to take your Muay Thai or BJJ to another level.

Then again, your trainer could be based on which style you pick.

Archived