UFC Undisputed Roster and Release date video!!!

shigakai

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After reading the interview with a producer on Sherdog it appears stamina plays a factor in chin strength which explains why Rua gets knocked out easily b/c I believe his stamina is 47 and Liddells is 58

I read that as well, and was kind of assuming it. Also, after reading that they adjusted Mir's stand up after the Nog fight, I wonder if they'll do "roster update" type patches that adjust ratings.

P.S. for those of you that do have the demo and like competition my personal best KO so far is clocked at 46 seconds, should have had a quicker one so maybe I'll try again later.

17 seconds with Chuck. Shogun through a punch and I countered with a Superman Punch to the side of the head.

My brother just downloaded the demo and we rocked some 2-player. AWESOME! I'm not entirely sure I can explain how it's awesome, but it's refreshing somehow. It's real. It's not an approximation of a fake sport like wrestling games, and it's not far-fetched or fantastical like other fighting games. It's just real, and that makes every spinning backfist or jumping knee strike all the more awesome.

We fought 6-7 times. Chuck won EVERY fight (we switched controllers half way through) with the longest fight going to 2:40 in the 3rd, the shortest lasting about a minute into the 1st (immediate takedown, mount, punches to the face).

I will buy this game! Unless I get distracted by something shiny before the release date.

Man WWE has got to be pissed

I played two matches and it is already ten times better than any game THQ has done for the E

I understand that they are two completely different styles of entertainment and sports but this game to me truly puts UFC over as the top fighting/wrestling company in the world.

I know this game will sell more in the first two weeks than WWE's did in the first month. but by how much will it beat it by

Also I know that comparing the two companies isn't fair because they are completely different, I was just saying

Well, after learning subs, and the ground game - I can say with certainty that Shogun is better on the ground. ;3

But apparently Shogun's chin is made of putty because Chuck still KOs randomly on Expert. I've never in my life seen Chuck throw a super-man punch, and I've never seen a super-man punch that connected KO every time. >:(

Blah. That's just nit-picking about the stats, though, I suppose. Shogun got seriously screwed over for two bad fights. Wonder if Anderson will too.

How many of you guys are getting SUBs against the CPU on expert? I can beat the CPU with Chuck by KO consistently on expert (never thought I'd get there!) but I try to get submissions with Shogun and just can't keep him locked in.

The problem with the demo is its featuring two brawlers. I know Shogun can go on the mat when needed, but Liddell isnt really one to be taken down or kept on the ground so it is very realistic. I wish the demo would of also included people like.... Demian Maia & Jason MacDonald (just two guys off the top of my head) where I would assume the ground game would be more prominent and submissions easier.... The only possible flaw I've found is its basically a kick-boxing game with aspects of Jiu-Jitsu/wrestling. Had the demo had two jiu jitsu guys, maybe i'd be bitching its basically a jiu-jitsu/wrestling game with no standup. Who knows. Hopefully its more prominent though.

How many of you guys are getting SUBs against the CPU on expert? I can beat the CPU with Chuck by KO consistently on expert (never thought I'd get there!) but I try to get submissions with Shogun and just can't keep him locked in.

I've gotten a Knee Bar and an Arm-Bar

I believe Mr. Canada hit it right on the head and is similar to what I said earlier so I'm glad others see it as well. Chuck Liddell is known for being hard to take down and submit, and Shogun isn't the worlds most dangerous man on the ground or anything so the ground aspect of the game is a bit lacking in the demo. However I am interested to see what happens when create/play as a fighter with great take down ability and great submission skills.

Sorry if this is a stupid question as I don't mean it to be condescending but it was the issue with my room mate, when you guys are going for subs you are tapping the buttons/rotating the stick once you lock it in right?

I believe Mr. Canada hit it right on the head and is similar to what I said earlier so I'm glad others see it as well. Chuck Liddell is known for being hard to take down and submit, and Shogun isn't the worlds most dangerous man on the ground or anything so the ground aspect of the game is a bit lacking in the demo. However I am interested to see what happens when create/play as a fighter with great take down ability and great submission skills.

Sorry if this is a stupid question as I don't mean it to be condescending but it was the issue with my room mate, when you guys are going for subs you are tapping the buttons/rotating the stick once you lock it in right?

I've done both. I generally start out stick spinning and then when my hand starts to hurt from that I go to button mashing. I've not bumped it up to expert yet, still on advanced, but I think the subs I have gotten lately have been from button mashing.

I also turned the stamina bar on to try and help gauge when I can get the sub in with Shogun and now I'm much better at picking my spots (and avoiding getting my bell rung by a wild Chuck punch) with the stamina bar off.

I try to button mash and do the rotate analog stick but I cant get the submission fully applied, they always break out. is there something else I'm missing?

I think stamina is the key. The only subs I've gotten on Chuck have been when he was completely gassed and after a lot of GnP.

Archived