UFC Undisputed Roster and Release date video!!!

shigakai

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dang, it took me like 4 times before I beat Rua. First time, I got caught in a leg lock. The other couple times, I got KO'd in the first (I was going all out). Now I can stretch it to the second round, getting the win.

As far as with Rua, haven't been able to beat Lidell yet. Maybe today.

It's pretty easy to do on the standard beginner mode to beat either fighter, head kicks seem to work best followed by getting takedowns during an opponents punch. I was impressed with the tutorials and I recommend anyone that plays to go through EVERY tutorial, unlike my room mate who plays a few then gets made when loses lol

Submissions are hard to do, I got the transition thing down so I can spin around someone at will but I think there needs to be flash submission like the KO's, I also hate how when you fail at a submission your opponent ends up in side control EVERY time.

All in all it is bad ass and you guys won't be dissapointed, the game flows well and the commentary is AMAZING, it totally makes the game since it seems like a real fight, unlike the Madden games where John had 5 sayings.

If you preorder it for xbox you get the demo.

or make a demo disk. its pretty easy, ive had it for over a week. great game!!! faq is on web, or i can email the file that just needs to be burned to disk. no modding needed. its a free demo, so your not stealing anything.

What are the impressions on the demo so far?

I think this is going to go down as one of my favorite games to play, ever. I literally spent all of yesterday playing and even in defeat it's entertaining. It is definitely a hell of a lot of fun to play against someone as well.

So far I've only gone as far as Advanced in difficulty, and I don't seem to have much trouble using Chuck, probably at least an 80% win percentage, but I seem to have trouble with Shogun. I think my problem there is trying to take Chuck down and then trying to make him tap from there. I've had far more success using Shogun standing (leg kicks are my friend) than I have on the ground.

At any speed, I can't believe how fun the game is with just these two guys, let alone adding 80 more to play with and then the enormous amount of CAF's you can have.

Yeah I agree with a game stop review talking about how each fight exciting due to the different things that can happen, kinda like the reason I play NCAA football over and over.

I get in trouble trying to submit Liddell as well, I think the problem is like I said above, every time you fail he gets side control, you rarely both stand up or end up in guard/etc.

I'm very excited to see what each fighter brings to the game, I think I am going to love playing as Cro Cop since head kicks seem really nerfed so far.

I think the demo is great but I have a concern that it may be too easy to finish a fight as I have so far not gone the full distance once. Also I am finding it hard to sumit people having only one submission win, and that was with chuck. Overall though it is an awesome game and I will definately be buying it. Can't wait to start detroying people with Anderson Silva in the clinch.

I thought it was too easy until I realized you can up the difficulty of the demo, upping it a few levels makes it alot harder and a lot more fun cuz your opponent actually tries instead of standing there letting you kick him.

I dont think the demo does a good job of demonstrating submission either, this mainly b/c of the fighters I think. While dangerous, Shogun isn't one of the top submission artists in the world and Liddell has good takedown and submission defense, much better than that of a normal striker.

I think the demo is great but I have a concern that it may be too easy to finish a fight as I have so far not gone the full distance once. Also I am finding it hard to sumit people having only one submission win, and that was with chuck. Overall though it is an awesome game and I will definately be buying it. Can't wait to start detroying people with Anderson Silva in the clinch.

I think difficulty and style definitely play into how the fight goes. I just had 2 decision victories over Liddell on advanced. I literally spend 90% of both those fights on the ground. I took Chuck down every chance I got and did some GnP on the body (I was trying to get a submission but failed) and kept him guessing. I also got pretty good at the Rubber Guard in those fights and had fun with it.

To be honest, I think they overrated Chuck's abilities if they were going for 'current' abilities. Shogun's abilities are also underrated, given that he's probably got one of the best ground games at LHW. Not to mention, it's far too easy to KO Shogun with Chuck, and Shogun has /never/ shown any indication that he has a weak chin. It would have been really nice if they had added the ability to edit fighter stats, which they did not.

I love the game, but I just cant get a submission on liddel, every time I'm about to put it on he always escapes, is ther something I'm missing? and I did watch the tutorials. I've been knocked out 5 times now :D

EDIT: I'm 5-0 since posting, 2 TKO and 3 KO to Liddels head :).....have I said how much I love this game?

I think difficulty and style definitely play into how the fight goes. I just had 2 decision victories over Liddell on advanced. I literally spend 90% of both those fights on the ground. I took Chuck down every chance I got and did some GnP on the body (I was trying to get a submission but failed) and kept him guessing. I also got pretty good at the Rubber Guard in those fights and had fun with it.

how did you get into the rubber guard? I have been trying to experiment with different ground stuff to find some different subs

how did you get into the rubber guard? I have been trying to experiment with different ground stuff to find some different subs

If you are in full guard, I think it is something like LB and then go from Down to right or down to left on the R-stick. From there you can go for a triangle or transition into side back control or into mount.

I would generally get into the Muay Thai clinch and then drop down into full guard (LB and back on the right stick I think) and then work it from there.

Archived