TNA's New Beginnings

Hello chaps. I thought it was about time I became active here.

I am by no means much of an expert in how professional wrestling 'works', but here follows will be my TNA story with the upcoming November pay per view, Pain Game (and one Impact show preceeding). I am using Carlito's 2002 database.

The brief history thus far...

NWA TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP (B prestige)

Ken Shramrock is the current champion, following two reigns by Jeff Jarrett and two very short reigns by Potter (user avatar).

NWA TNA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP (C+)

America's Most Wanted are champions following two short reigns by The Legion of Doom and one by The Nasty Boys

TNA HARDCORE CHAMPIONSHIP (D)

This title was created in July and Sabu has thus far made 11 defences.

TNA LADIES CHAMPIONSHIP (D+)

Mickie James is the only holder thus far and has made 11 defences.

TNA X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP (C-)

AJ Styles held the belt for three months, before winning it back from Jerry Lynn who had it for two months.

I started off getting D and D+ for my shows, but have improved to C- on my last three shows, so I must be heading in the right direction. My bank balance isn't though.

My best show was Night of Champions I, back in August, which was C+

Best match was Jeff Jarrett beating Potter in that event's main event, getting a B.

I have a TV deal with Sunshine Network and WLMT-TV for Wednesday Impact, and a pay per view deal with Sky Angel, who forbid me to hold risky matches, which is a pain.

Any constructive feedback will be gratefully received, as I know I still have much to learn when running a wrestling organisation in game.

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pain Game

NWA TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Ken Shramrock v Shane Douglas (D- heat)

NWA TNA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

America's Most Wanted v No Nonsense (CM Punk & Samoe Joe, E-)

TNA LADIES CHAMPIONSHIP

Mickie James v Gail Kim v Jillian Hall v Sara Del Ray (F-, oh dear!)

TNA X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP

AJ Styles v Kid Kash (E-)

IMPACT

Wednesday, Week 3, November 2002

FLC Fieldhouse, Durango, CO

Pre Show

Ultimo Dragon defeated Steve Corino in 4:41 by submission with a Dragon Sleeper (C-)

Caribbean Cool (Carlito & Colt Cabana) defeated England Expects (Doug Williams & Nigel McGuinness) in 3:43 when Carlito defeated Nigel McGuinness by pinfall with a Cool Breaker (D-)

Impact

Jeff Jarrett is shown arriving backstage in a limosuine. He steps out and walks towards the arena. ©

Mike Tenay is in the ring, which is decorated with red carpet and streamers. They introduce the new champion, and the man of the hour - Ken Shamrock! The two celebrate their success, much the crowd's displeasure. ©

Jay Lethal defeated Frankie Kazarian in 4:56 by pinfall. (D)

Jay Lethal and Frankie Kazarian have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances.

A video plays hyping America's Most Wanted vs. No Nonsense. (E+)

Matt Striker and Sheik Abdul Bashir defeated Shark Boy and Air Paris in 3:58 when Sheik Abdul Bashir defeated Air Paris by pinfall with a Magic Carpet Ride after The Iron Sheik interfered. (E, angle advancement)

Jimmy Hart did some good work at ringside. Sheik Abdul Bashir seemed off his game tonight. The Iron Sheik did some good work at ringside. Sheik Abdul Bashir and The Iron Sheik have excellent chemistry together.

With Air Paris and Shark Boy prone and helpless in the ring, The Iron Sheik gives a signal to Sheik Abdul Bashir and Matt Striker to finish them off. Without delay, they grab Air Paris and Shark Boy, and drop them with their respective finishers! (F+, angle advancement)

The upcoming match between Gail Kim, Jillian Hall, Mickie James and Sara Del Ray is hyped. (F)

No Nonsense defeated The Nasty Boys in 7:33 when CM Punk defeated Jerry Saggs by pinfall with a Pepsi Plunge. (D)

Jimmy Hart did some good work at ringside.

A video plays hyping AJ Styles vs. Kid Kash. (E+)

Tatanka defeated Psicosis in 10:36 by pinfall with a Tomohawk Chop. (C-)

Following their match, Jarrett attacks Tatanka and leaves them sprawled on the canvas. (D, angle advancement)

TNA HARDCORE CHAMPIONSHIP

Jerry Lynn defeated Sabu in 11:34 by pinfall with a Cradle Piledriver. Jerry Lynn wins the TNA Hardcore title. (C-)

Psicosis has an interview in which he taunts CM Punk. (D, angle advancement, helped by James Mitchell)

A video plays hyping Ken Shamrock vs. Shane Douglas. (D)

Potter has a deep and meaningful sit down interview with Mike Tenay. (B-)

Ken Shamrock defeated Rey Mysterio Jr. in 14:13 by submission with an Ankle Lock. Ken Shamrock makes defence number 1 of his NWA TNA World Heavyweight title. ©

Final rating: C

Attendance: 2000 (sell out)

Pain Game

Sunday Week 3, November 2002

Rapides Parish Coliseum, Alexandria, LA

(Pre show) Frankie Kazarian defeated Alex Shane in 3:47 by pinfall with a Flux Capacitator. (D-)

Robert Roode defeated Shark Boy in 7:42 by pinfall with a Northern Lariat. During the match we also had Sheik Abdul Bashir run in and attack Shark Boy. (E+)

Jay Lethal defeated Bam Bam Bigelow in 6:25 by pinfall. (D-)

Air Paris defeated Abyss in 8:46 by pinfall with a Moonsault Press. (D)

TNA LADIES CHAMPIONSHIP

Mickie James defeated Jillian Hall, Sara Del Ray and Gail Kim in 6:23 when Mickie James defeated Sara Del Ray by pinfall with a Laree DDT. Mickie James makes defence number 12 of her TNA Ladies title. (E)

Gail Kim was really off her game tonight.

Caribbean Cool (Carlito & Colt Cabana) defeated The Nasty Boys and England Expects in 7:40; the order of elimination was England Expects first, and finally The Nasty Boys. (D-)

Jimmy Hart did some good work at ringside. The performance of Carlito stood out as being good.

Jimmy Yang defeated Sheik Abdul Bashir in 9:50 by pinfall with a Corkscrew 450 Splash. (D-)

The Iron Sheik did some good work at ringside. Sheik Abdul Bashir and The Iron Sheik have excellent chemistry together.

****y Connection (Jimmy Rave & Johnny Devine) defeated The Legion of Doom in 7:51 when Johnny Devine defeated Road Warrior Hawk by pinfall with a ****s Connect. (D+)

AJ Styles defeated Kid Kash in 13:36 by pinfall with a Styles Clash. AJ Styles makes defence number 2 of his TNA X Division title. ©

There were times when there was a definite lack of psychology on display, and the match had a tendency to drift a little.

Chris Candido defeated Sabu in 11:57 by pinfall with a Top Rope Leg Drop. (C-)

Midajah did some good work at ringside.

NWA TNA TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

America's Most Wanted defeated No Nonsense in 15:58 when James Storm defeated CM Punk by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. America's Most Wanted make defence number 2 of their NWA TNA World Tag Team titles. (C-)

The match was too long given who was involved.

Ultimo Dragon defeated Psicosis in 13:54 by submission with a Dragon Sleeper. (C+)

Jerry Lynn, Jeff Jarrett and Shane Douglas defeated Potter, Rey Mysterio Jr. and Tatanka in 16:51 when Jeff Jarrett defeated Potter by pinfall with The Stroke. (C-)

Tatanka was visibly tiring toward the end. The performance of Jerry Lynn stood out as being good.

Ken Shamrock defeated Steve Corino in 20:49 by submission with an Ankle Lock. Ken Shamrock makes defence number 2 of his NWA TNA World Heavyweight title. ©

Show rating: C (should have increased popularity)

Attendance: 5000 (sell out)

Ok, a couple of things:

You should bold the matches and the ratings, to break up the monotony a little.

Aside from that, a roster would be helpful (who was Midajah managing?, Who is face/heel? Who is England Expects?).

The matches could use a little more detail, aside from what's given in the game.

And finally, I can't say I agree with some booking decisions, but we'll have to see where they end up going (Abyss losing clean this early? What is the story behind Jarrett attacking Tatanka? Lynn winning the Hardcore title seemingly out of the blue?)

Keep working at it. Getting TNA in its infancy is great, since you can model it however you see fit.

Interest and feedback. :)

Faces

Air Paris

AJ Styles

Carlito

CM Punk

Colt Cabana

Gail Kim

Jay Lethal

Jimmy Yang

Ken Shramrock

Mickie James

Mike Tenay

Potter

Rey Mysterio Jr

Road Warrior Animal

Road Warrior Hawk

Sabu

Samoa Joe

Shark Boy

SoCal Val (about to turn)

Tatanka

Ultimo Dragon

Heels

Abyss (with James Mitchell)

Alex Shane

Bam Bam Bigelow

Brian Knobbs (with Jimmy Hart)

Chris Candido (with Midajah)

Chris Harris

Don West

Doug Williams

Frankie Kazarian

James Mitchell

James Storm

Jeff Jarrett

Jerry Lynn

Jerry Saggs (with Jimmy Hart)

Jillian Hall

Jimmy Hart

Jimmy Rave (with SoCal Val)

Johnny Devine (with SoCal Val)

Kid Kash (with Jimmy Hart)

Matt Striker (with Jimmy Hart)

Melina Perez

Midajah

Nigel McGuinness

Psicosis (with James Mitchell)

Robert Roode

Sara Del Ray

Shane Douglas

Sheik Abdul Bashir (with The Iron Sheik)

Steve Corino

The Iron Sheik

Tony Schiavone

Tag Teams

Air Styles (Air Paris & AJ Styles, semi regular team)

America's Most Wanted

Caribbean Cool (Carlito & Colt Cabana)

****y Connection (Jimmy Rave & Johnny Devine)

England Expects (Doug Williams & Nigel McGuinness)

No Nonsense (CM Punk & Samoa Joe)

The Legion of Doom

The Nasty Boys

I'm looking at giving Abyss a Hardcore Championship run at some stage soon. To do that though I'm now going to have to think of a way to get it off Lynn without annoying him. I would have been better leaving Sabu with the title and having Abyss take it off him.

I've just started a nWo style angle with Jarrett as the leader, and him attacking Tatanka seemingly randomly is advancing that angle in it's infancy.

What more detail can I give in matches?

Thanks for the feedback. This is exactly the sort of thing I want and need. Much appreciated. :)

from personal side, the matches don't do much to me unless you're doing a ROH type diary, a quick overview of the match is good, like who was strong, who wasn't, that sort of things

Besides thats, I like detailed angles, but that's just me, remember this is your diary so what makes you happy is what you are looking for, a lot of people do this to make others happy and yeah it's nice when people give comments and stuff on your work, but in the end it's all up to you

for instance, Tommy Dreamer just retired in my diary and I loved Dreamer back in the day, so I deciated the whole show to him and even wrote out his entire match with Hardy pretty much. No one commented on it but that was cool with me because I still love to read it

Impact

Wednesday week 4 November 2002

Auraria Events Center, Denver, CO

(Pre show) - Ultimo Dragon defeated Matt Striker in 2:32 by submission with a Dragon Sleeper. (C-)

Tony Schiavone is in the ring, and gives Ken Shamrock a choice - he can either be with him, or against him! Shamrock makes his decision by attacking Schiavone, leaving him unconscious in the ring. D+

Jay Lethal v Doug Williams

Jay Lethal defeated Doug Williams in 3:54 by pinfall.

Jay Lethal and Doug Williams have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances.

D-

AJ Styles challenges Jerry Lynn to a match, and in order to get it he says that he'll put his title on the line in the match. D

Air Paris v Sheik Abdul Bashir

Sheik Abdul Bashir defeated Air Paris in 4:56 by pinfall with a Magic Carpet Ride.

The Iron Sheik did some good work at ringside. Sheik Abdul Bashir and The Iron Sheik have excellent chemistry together.

D-

During an interview with Don West, James Mitchell hypes their client Abyss, telling the locker room, and the world, that they will soon dominate this promotion. E+

Abyss v Shark Boy

Abyss defeated Shark Boy in 0:58 by pinfall with The Black Hole. Abyss dominated the match.

James Mitchell did some good work at ringside. Shark Boy was really off his game tonight.

E-

Tony Schiavone goes into his locker room, but not before telling Abyss and Bam Bam Bigelow to guard the door and not let anyone in. He disappears inside, leaving them standing outside looking mean. D-

CM Punk v Psicosis

CM Punk defeated Psicosis in 8:47 by pinfall with a Pepsi Plunge.

C-

CM Punk is recuperating in the ring. Psicosis runs in and attacks, but CM Punk fights back and repels his attacker! D

SoCal Val is in the ring, and calls out Caribbean Cool to face her. As soon as they come out, they are jumped by ****y Connection, who had been waiting in the wings in ambush. Caribbean Cool get taken by surprise and totally destroyed.

E+, SoCal Val turns heel which is a complete success.

Samoe Joe v Frankie Kazarian

Samoa Joe defeated Frankie Kazarian in 7:03 by pinfall with an Island Driver.

D+

Following their match, Jarrett attacks Samoa Joe and leaves them sprawled on the canvas. D+

AJ Styles v Jimmy Rave

AJ Styles defeated Jimmy Rave in 7:43 by pinfall with a Styles Clash. AJ Styles makes defence number 3 of his TNA X Division title.

D+

Midajah comes out and fires T-Shirts into the crowd. D+

Rey Mysterio Jr v Steve Corino

Rey Mysterio Jr. defeated Steve Corino in 9:54 by pinfall with a Springboard Hurricanrana.

Rey Mysterio Jr. and Steve Corino don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout. D+

A music video is shown to promote Jeff Jarrett. C

America's Most Wanted v Legion of Doom

The Legion of Doom defeated America's Most Wanted in 8:08 when James Storm was disqualified while fighting Road Warrior Animal. D-

Show rating: D

from personal side, the matches don't do much to me unless you're doing a ROH type diary, a quick overview of the match is good, like who was strong, who wasn't, that sort of things

Besides thats, I like detailed angles, but that's just me, remember this is your diary so what makes you happy is what you are looking for, a lot of people do this to make others happy and yeah it's nice when people give comments and stuff on your work, but in the end it's all up to you

for instance, Tommy Dreamer just retired in my diary and I loved Dreamer back in the day, so I deciated the whole show to him and even wrote out his entire match with Hardy pretty much. No one commented on it but that was cool with me because I still love to read it

One thing I know, you can never please everybody! :D

I'm rather disappointed with my last show, I haven't had a D for a while. :(

Current Christmas Chaos card

Sunday week 4 December 2002

Ken Shramrock v Chris Candido (D heat)

America's Most Wanted v Legion of Doom (E)

TNA X DIVISION & HARDCORE CHAMPIONSHIPS

AJ Styles v Jerry Lynn (E+)

TNA LADIES CHAMPIONSHIP

Mickie James v Melina Perez (F-)

Jeff Jarrett v Tatanka (D)

Potter v Shane Douglas (D+)

Impact

Plachy Hall, Alamosa, CO.

Wednesday week 1 December 2002

(Pre show) Sheik Abdul Bashir defeated Air Paris in 4:43 by pinfall with a Magic Carpet Ride. (D-)

Jeff Jarrett had an interview hyping himself by telling everyone watching just... how.. good.. he... is... C+

A video plays hyping CM Punk vs. Psicosis. D

Abyss v Jimmy Yang - hardcore match

Abyss defeated Jimmy Yang in 3:55 by pinfall with The Black Hole. Abyss dominated the match. E-

A video plays hyping AJ Styles vs. Jerry Lynn. D

Mickie James and Melina Perez are seen backstage, engaging in a vicious catfight, even fighting in the shower stalls! D

Jay Lethal v Alex Shane

Jay Lethal defeated Alex Shane in 3:48 by pinfall with a Dragon Suplex. D-

Psicosis does an interview in which he challenges CM Punk to a cage match. After a lengthy wait, CM Punk never emerges, drawing boos from the crowd. D

Caribbean Cool v England Expects

Caribbean Cool defeated England Expects in 4:57 when Colt Cabana defeated Nigel McGuinness by pinfall with a Colt 45.

Colt Cabana came out of the match looking good. D-

Tony Schiavone announces that there will be a match forthcoming between Ken Shamrock and Chris Candido. D+

The Legion of Doom have an interview in which they taunt America's Most Wanted. E

CM Punk v Steve Corino

CM Punk defeated Steve Corino in 9:08 by pinfall with a Pepsi Plunge. C-

CM Punk appears and says that he accepts the challenge laid down by Psicosis, he'll face him in a cage match. C

AJ Styles & Mickie James v Jerry Lynn & Melina Perez

AJ Styles and Mickie James defeated Jerry Lynn and Melina Perez in 9:01 when AJ Styles defeated Jerry Lynn by pinfall with a Styles Clash.

AJ Styles looked good out there. Jerry Lynn looked good out there. D

A video plays hyping Jeff Jarrett vs. Tatanka. D+

Rey Mysterio Jr v Kid Kash

Rey Mysterio Jr. defeated Kid Kash in 5:39 by pinfall with a Springboard Hurricanrana. C

A video plays hyping Potter vs. Shane Douglas. C-

Ken Shramrock, Potter & Tatanka v Chris Candido, Jeff Jarrett & Shane Douglas - hardcore match

Jeff Jarrett, Chris Candido and Shane Douglas defeated Potter, Ken Shamrock and Tatanka in 14:54 when Jeff Jarrett defeated Tatanka by pinfall with The Stroke. D-

Show rating: D

The phrase "more detail" should be qualified. I don't get what the tone of the diary is supposed to be. Are you a booker and you're showing us outlines of the show, along with the finish? Is it a fan reporting back to a website with the results of the event? Are you someone who works for the website to review the promotion's events? I would probably either re-word (or omit completely) the part about chemistry. Maybe give us some insight as to the results being what you expected (or different) within the match.

i.e. I thought Shawn Michaels & Kurt Angle would blow the roof off, but was disappointed that their match didn't seem to flow.

As for the injury reports, give us your take on them (if you're the booker), speculate on what would have happened (if you're a fan/reviewer), or report it as wwe.com would.

Again, I'll have to see how the storylines develop before commenting on them.

Current Storylines

JARRETT'S WORLD ORDER (C- heat)

In it's infancy, Jarrett is looking to shape TNA as per his vision for the company, primarily for his benefit. Although he of course owns the company, on screen he is 'merely' a main event wrestler.

AJ STYLES & JERRY LYNN'S FINAL SHOWDOWN (C-)

Nearing the end, the final showdown will occur at Christmas Chaos.

MICKIE & MELINA (D)

A short term fued to lead to their Christmas Chaos title match.

CAGE MAN PUNK (D+)

CM Punk and Psicosis are most of their way through a story that leads to a cage match. I would hold this on pay per view, but Sky Angel won't let me hold cage matches so it will have to end on an episode of Impact instead.

THE SHEIKS AND THE SHARK (E+)

This angle is being hampered by The Iron Sheik's misdemeanours backstage, which is particularly harsh on a youthful Sheik Abdul Bashir who has been performing well in his first storyline.

SHRAMROCK V CANDIDO (D-)

Short fued leading to their Christmas Chaos match.

THREE TAG TEAMS (D-)

America's Most Wanted and Legion of Doom are currently doing battle... who will join them?

Impact

Wednesday, week 2, December 2002

Kenilworth-Parkside Center, Washington, D.C.

(Pre-show) Frankie Kazarian v Shark Boy

Frankie Kazarian defeated Shark Boy in 5:46 by pinfall with a Wave Of The Future. D-

Shark Boy is showing some development.

Backstage, The Iron Sheik is seen, begging Tony Schiavone to put their client Sheik Abdul Bashir in a match against Shark Boy. D

Jay Lethal v Kid Kash

Jay Lethal defeated Kid Kash in 6:06 by pinfall. D

The match was a little disappointing as it appeared that the two don't work very well together.

Potter cuts a promo hyping up his upcoming match with Shane Douglas. C-

A video plays hyping CM Punk vs. Psicosis. E+

Abyss v Ultimo Dragon

Abyss defeated Ultimo Dragon in 2:39 by pinfall with The Black Hole. D

Abyss continues his dominance in his recent matches, although the matches themselves need to come across a little better.

Tony Schiavone is in the ring with Melina Perez and Mickie James. He leads them through a standard bikini contest - taking turns to wow the audience - before letting the crowd decide who wins. Melina Perez is announced as the winner, which Mickie looks very unhappy about. D+

I thought the crowd were supposed to allow the face to win?

A video plays hyping Jerry Lynn vs. AJ Styles. D

Caribbean Cool & Legion of Doom v America's Most Wanted & Cocky Connection

Caribbean Cool and The Legion of Doom defeated America's Most Wanted and ****y Connection in 9:51 when Road Warrior Hawk defeated Chris Harris by pinfall with a Powerbomb. D

I'm a little disappointed in this match given who were competing.

CM Punk had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Psicosis. D-

We find Shark Boy and Sheik Abdul Bashir exchanging words backstage. The two stare each other down, but no more. F

TNA HARDCORE CHAMPIONSHIP

Jerry Lynn v Sabu

Jerry Lynn defeated Sabu in 10:48 by pinfall with a Cradle Piledriver. Jerry Lynn makes defence number 1 of his TNA Hardcore title. C

A satisifying match between two former ECW mainstays, it's a shame some of the undercard couldn't match this standard.

A video plays hyping Ken Shamrock vs. Chris Candido. D+

Potter is shown backstage, where officials have just found him bloody and battered, the apparent victim of a sneak attack. He is stunned but conscious, but doesn't know who attacked him. B+

AJ Styles v Psicosis

AJ Styles defeated Psicosis in 8:19 by pinfall with a Styles Clash. AJ Styles makes defence number 4 of his TNA X Division title. C

This is much better. The show is on the up. :)

Road Warrior Animal and Road Warrior Hawk have a good old laugh and a joke, taunting Chris Harris and James Storm about their recent loss. E+

Maybe I should hire up a stand up comedian for segments like this.

Psicosis attacks CM Punk in the ring, and leaves him down and out. E

Rey Mysterio Jr v Steve Corino

Rey Mysterio Jr. defeated Steve Corino in 12:04 by pinfall with a Springboard Hurricanrana. C-

A good bout considering a lack of chemistry was evident.

Show rating: C-

Attendance: 1000 (sell out)

Ken Shramrock v Chris Candido (D heat)

America's Most Wanted v Legion of Doom (E)

AJ Styles v Jerry Lynn (D-)

TNA LADIES CHAMPIONSHIP

Mickie James v Melina Perez (F+)

Shark Boy v Sheik Abdul Bashir (F-)

Current Storylines

JARRETT'S WORLD ORDER (C heat)

AJ STYLES & JERRY LYNN'S FINAL SHOWDOWN (C-)

MICKIE & MELINA (D)

CAGE MAN PUNK (D)

THE SHEIKS AND THE SHARK (E+)

SHRAMROCK V CANDIDO (D)

THREE TAG TEAMS (D-)

Impact

Wednesday, week 3, December 2002

Siebert Hall, Birmingham, AL.

(Pre show) Jimmy Yang v Ultimo Dragon - Ultimo Dragon defeated Jimmy Yang in 7:09 by submission with a Dragon Sleeper. D+

Potter does an interview in which he challenges Jeff Jarrett. After a lengthy wait, Jarrett never emerges, drawing boos from the crowd. C+

I can always count on these two guys to produce good segments.

Abyss v Shark Boy - hardcore match

Abyss defeated Shark Boy in 3:35 by pinfall with The Black Hole. E

Again Abyss dominates, but again the match rating is not good. I'm wondering whether to keep up his fledgling monster dominance push.

America's Most Wanted are shown taking part in a press conference. They use the opportunity to publically challenge The Legion of Doom to a tag team match. D+

Jerry Lynn had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with AJ Styles. C

I'm pleased with this segment, I wasn't anticipating it to turn out so well.

Jay Lethal v Bam Bam Bigelow

Jay Lethal defeated Bam Bam Bigelow in 5:31 by pinfall with a fast roll up. E+

I was disappointed with Bam Bam's performance in this match.

Melina Perez and Mickie James are backstage, arguing about who is the hottest. D+

I was expecting this pairing to perform a little better together.

Caribbean Cool v Kid Kash & Steve Corino

Caribbean Cool defeated Kid Kash and Steve Corino in 7:58 when Colt Cabana defeated Kid Kash by pinfall with a Colt 45. D+

I was pleased with this, considering Kash & Corino aren't a tag team. I will consider turning them into one.

Talk Show Host James Mitchell interviews Psicosis, hyping his match with CM Punk. D-

CM Punk v Psicosis

CM Punk defeated Psicosis in 6:55 by pinfall with a Pepsi Plunge. D+

I realised when the match was done I shouldn't have booked this as they are fueding to a cage match. Whoops!

Chris Candido attacks Ken Shamrock in the ring with a weapon, leaving him a bloody mess. D

Rey Mysterio Jr v Sabu

Rey Mysterio Jr. defeated Sabu in 7:40 by pinfall with a Springboard Hurricanrana. C

Road Warrior Animal and Road Warrior Hawk accept the challenge made earlier by Chris Harris and James Storm. D

TNA X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP - AJ Styles v James Storm

AJ Styles defeated James Storm in 8:38 by pinfall with a Styles Clash. During the match we also had Chris Harris run in and attack Styles. AJ Styles makes defence number 5 of his TNA X Division title. C

I'm pleased with this match. AJ of course is one guy who pulls off good matches week in, week out.

A video plays hyping Potter vs. Shane Douglas. D+

NWA TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP - Ken Shramrock v Shane Douglas

Ken Shamrock defeated Shane Douglas in 11:36 by submission with an Ankle Lock after blatantly cheating. During the match we also had Chris Candido accidentally hit Douglas. Ken Shamrock makes defence number 3 of his NWA TNA World Heavyweight title. C-

Ken Shramrock v Chris Candido (D+ heat)

America's Most Wanted v Legion of Doom (D)

AJ Styles v Jerry Lynn (D)

TNA LADIES CHAMPIONSHIP

Mickie James v Melina Perez (E-)

Shark Boy v Sheik Abdul Bashir (F)

Bam Bam Bigelow v Rey Mysterio Jr (E+)

Abyss v Jay Lethal (F+)

Impact

Wednesday, week 4, December 2002

Dodgy City Civic Center, Dodgy City, KS.

(Pre show) Gail Kim & Mickie James v Jillian Hall and Sara Del Ray - Gail Kim and Mickie James defeated Jillian Hall and Sara Del Ray in 3:43; Jillian Hall was eliminated first, then Gail Kim, and finally Sara Del Ray. D-

A video plays hyping Jeff Jarrett vs. Potter. C+

Samoa Joe is shown arriving backstage, much to the surprise of the announcers. D

Joe is back :)

CM Punk v Robert Roode

CM Punk defeated Robert Roode in 2:40 by pinfall with a Pepsi Plunge. D+

Not a bad opening contest...

Melina Perez and Mickie James are seen backstage, engaging in a vicious catfight. D-

A video plays hyping Sheik Abdul Bashir vs. Shark Boy. F

F for friggin ouch. :(

Jay Lethal v Sheik Abdul Bashir

Jay Lethal defeated Sheik Abdul Bashir in 6:57 by pinfall. D

Lethal is showing some promise. :)

After the match, Abyss blindsides Jay Lethal and sets up a table. After a quick taunt, he grabs Lethal and hits his finisher, straight through the unforgiving wood! E-

CM Punk is in the ring, cutting a promo against Psicosis, warning them not to cross his path. C

Good work from Punk. :)

Samoa Joe v Bam Bam Bigelow

Samoa Joe defeated Bam Bam Bigelow in 6:45 by pinfall with an Island Driver. D

Ken Shramrock is cutting a promo in the ring when Ken ShamrockChris Candido appears on the big screen, on top of a bridge. Candido taunts Shramrock before revealing Shramrock's title belt, which he then throws off the bridge into the river! D+

Potter is in the ring when all the lights go off. When they return, he is down and covered in blood, looked dazed. Whoever attacked him is nowhere to be found. B

Nasty Boys v Rey Mysterio Jr & Sabu

Rey Mysterio Jr. and Sabu defeated The Nasty Boys in 7:48 when Rey Mysterio Jr. defeated Brian Knobbs by pinfall with a Springboard Hurricanrana. C-

Pleased with that, and Rey continues his good run.

Amidst a chaotic in-ring scene, Jerry Lynn and AJ Styles finally come face to face on opposite sides of the ring. They both pause, psyche themselves up, and charge. The ring gets flooded by numerous other wrestlers, and the two are pulled away before they can make contact by Carlito, CM Punk, Colt Cabana, Road Warrior Animal, Road Warrior Hawk and Ultimo Dragon. D-

A video plays hyping America's Most Wanted vs. The Legion of Doom. E+

AJ Styles, Legion of Doom & Mickie James v Jerry Lynn, America's Most Wanted & Melina Perez

AJ Styles, Road Warrior Animal, Road Warrior Hawk and Mickie James defeated Jerry Lynn, Chris Harris, James Storm and Melina Perez in 11:52 when Road Warrior Hawk defeated James Storm by pinfall with a Top Rope Powerslam. D+

A video plays hyping Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Rey Mysterio Jr. D-

A video plays hyping Abyss vs. Jay Lethal. E-

The crowd just don't seem to get Abyss...

Jeff Jarrett v Potter

Jeff Jarrett defeated Potter in 12:45 by pinfall with The Stroke. During the match we also had Shane Douglas run in and attack Potter. B-

Another very solid match from the dependables. :)

Show rating: C

The Iron Sheik is told he is on his last chance after nearly causing a fight between he and Animal. Having previously done the same with Jerry Lynn and road agent Don Muraco, my patience with The Iron Sheik is wearing very thin. The only reason I've not fired him yet is that it will be harsh on Sheik Abdul Bashir, who is performing well and benefitting from his presence.

Ken Shramrock v Chris Candido (D+ heat)

America's Most Wanted v Legion of Doom (D-)

AJ Styles v Jerry Lynn (D)

TNA LADIES CHAMPIONSHIP

Mickie James v Melina Perez (E+)

Potter v Shane Douglas (C-)

Shark Boy v Sheik Abdul Bashir (F)

Bam Bam Bigelow v Rey Mysterio Jr (E+)

Abyss v Jay Lethal (F+)

Christmas Chaos

Sunday, week 4, December 2002

Budweiser Events Center, Loveland, CO.

(Pre show) Gail Kim v Jillian Hall - Jillian Hall defeated Gail Kim in 5:01 by pinfall with a Low Blow. E

No Nonsense v Cocky Connection v Caribbean Cool v The Nasty Boys - elimination match

Caribbean Cool defeated No Nonsense, ****y Connection and The Nasty Boys in 10:43; the order of elimination was The Nasty Boys first, then ****y Connection, and finally No Nonsense. D+

CM Punk impressed me in the ring, while Carlito's performance was disappointing.

Sheik Abdul Bashir v Shark Boy

Sheik Abdul Bashir defeated Shark Boy in 7:30 by pinfall with a Magic Carpet Ride after The Iron Sheik interfered. D

So so match, pretty much as I expected.

Kid Kash v Psicosis v Sabu v Steve Corino v Ultimo Dragon

Kid Kash defeated Psicosis, Sabu, Steve Corino and Ultimo Dragon in 10:35 when Kid Kash defeated Psicosis by pinfall with a Money Maker. C-

I'm pleased with this match, five good performers putting on a good match.

Abyss v Jay Lethal

Jay Lethal defeated Abyss in 7:56 by disqualification. D-

Abyss again dominated before being disqualified for using a chair. A run at the Hardcore Title may beckon...

TNA LADIES CHAMPIONSHIP

Mickie James v Melina Perez

Mickie James defeated Melina Perez in 6:37 by pinfall with a Laree DDT. Mickie James makes defence number 13 of her TNA Ladies title. E

Another disappointment between these two. Time for Mickie to move onto somebody else.

Bam Bam Bigelow v Rey Mysterio Jr

Rey Mysterio Jr. defeated Bam Bam Bigelow in 12:06 by pinfall with a Springboard Hurricanrana. D+

Rey really stood out here, and is showing he can go up to the next level.

America's Most Wanted v Legion of Doom

The Legion of Doom defeated America's Most Wanted in 14:58 when Road Warrior Hawk defeated James Storm by pinfall with a Doomsday Device. The Legion of Doom win the NWA TNA World Tag Team titles. D+

Rather average.

Potter v Shane Douglas

Shane Douglas defeated Potter in 17:49 by pinfall with a Franchiser following interference from Jeff Jarrett. C+

Pleased here, Potter is proving to be Mr Dependable.

Shane Douglas and Jeff Jarrett celebrate a cheap victory. C-

Backstage, Potter is in a mad rage, destroying anything in his path. D-

Jeff Jarrett v Tatanka

Jeff Jarrett defeated Tatanka in 14:46 by count out. C-

Jarrett's momentum is building...

AJ Styles v Jerry Lynn

AJ Styles defeated Jerry Lynn in 25:10 by pinfall with a Styles Clash. AJ Styles makes defence number 6 of his TNA X Division title. AJ Styles wins the TNA Hardcore title. D+

Unfortunately, the rating was penalised due to many recent meetings.

As we wait for the match between Ken Shamrock and Chris Candido to commence, Don West and Tenay run us through the Tale Of The Tape. C

Ken Shramrock v Chris Candido

Ken Shamrock defeated Chris Candido in 19:01 by submission with an Ankle Lock. Ken Shamrock makes defence number 4 of his NWA TNA World Heavyweight title. C-

A little disappointed in the main event, I was hoping for a bit more from it.

The show is considered a success and should have increased TNA's popularity.

Attendance: 5000 (sell out)

2002 Awards

POWER 100 (TNA only)

44. Rey Mysterio Jr

98. Jerry Lynn

WRESTLER OF THE YEAR

Triple H

YOUNG WRESTLER

Takeshi Morishima

VETEREN WRESTLER

Kevin Nash

FEMALE WRESTLER

Jazz

PROMOTION OF THE YEAR

WWF

MOST IMPROVED PROMOTION

No promotions eligible

MATCH OF THE YEAR

Satoshi Kojima beat Keiji Mutoh (AJPW Warning From The Past)

SHOW OF THE YEAR

WWF Smackdown! (April)

Archived