NWA TNA TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Beer Money v Caribbean Cool (E+)

TNA X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP

Sheik Abdul Bashir v Jimmy Yang (E+)

National Championship number one contender match

Marc Mero v Spanky (E+)

TNA LADIES CHAMPIONSHIP

Lou Fisto v opponent (F-)

'Preacher' Christopher Daniels v Psicosis (D)

Super Crazy v Amazing Red (E)

Briscoe Brothers v Spanish Announce Team (E-)

Rising Stars

Thursday, week 4, April 2004

Mayan Theatre, Los Angeles, CA.

Jeff Jarrett appears on the screen, telling everybody they should know what the drill is by now. He wishes everybody luck, adding that some of the guys wrestling tonight will need it. C+

Alan Funk v Todd Sexton

Funk is showing signs of ring rust. Todd Sexton defeated Alan Funk in 7:13 by pinfall with a Sweet Chin Music. Jeff Jarrett appears and everybody knows what is coming next, not least a crestfallen Alan Funk. Jarrett says... you're fired! E-

Mike Quackenbush v Rick Michaels

Mike Quackenbush defeated Rick Michaels in 8:52 by pinfall with a Quackendriver. Jeff Jarrett appears and surprises people by telling Rick Michaels he is on probation. He will face Monty Brown next week on Rising Stars, where the usual 'lose and you'll have to impress me' will be in effect. D-

TNA LADIES CHAMPIONSHIP

Lou Fisto (champion) v Mickie James

Lou is rusty although the two show great chemistry. Lou Fisto defeated Mickie James in 6:58 by pinfall with a Diving Star. Lou Fisto makes defence number 1 of her TNA Ladies title. E-

Scoot Andrews v Super Dragon

Super Dragon defeated Scoot Andrews in 8:43 by pinfall with a Psycho Driver 2000. Jarrett appears again and he tells Andrews he is also on probation... he will face Jimmy Yang next week. D-

Winner gets Tag Team Championship match at Lockdown

Caribbean Cool v Cocky Connection

Rave seemed off his game in a disappointing match. Caribbean Cool defeated Cocky Connection in 12:24 when Carlito defeated Jimmy Rave by pinfall with a Coolness Personified. D-

Show rating: D-

Johnny Devine was used too much. The show may have hurt TNA's overall popularity.

Attendance: 725

Loss: $2072

NWA TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Ken Shamrock v Abyss (C- heat)

may only be 6 sides of steel and not the Octagon, but Shamrock will feel right at home

LETHAL LOCKDOWN

Sting, AJ Styles, Potter & Rey Mysterio Jr v Jarrett's World Order ©

Beer Money v Caribbean Cool (E+)

former champs regain titles

Sheik has been a passable champ so far. He dedicates this match to his former mentor and manager Iron Sheik (staying with your own story-lines).

(to answer your other question, Iron Sheik is still alive. Ironic, in 1987 he was arrested by New Jersey police with supposed enemy Hacksaw Duggan drinking and doing drugs (marijuana and cocaine found in the vehicle)

Marc Mero v Spanky (E+)

Did you count how many matches it took for Sting to shake off his ring rust? Hoping Mero can get there quicker, and I think he would have a great match with Corino

TNA LADIES CHAMPIONSHIP

Briscoe Brothers v Spanish Announce Team (E-)

SAT has been getting a little push and giving you some good matches. Both are talented and a solid core to your tag team division.

****y Connection (Jimmy Rave & Johnny Devine)

Why censor ****y? I never understand that.

The only suggestion I have is to spruce it up with different fonts, colors and pictures...........

EDIT: It appears to censor it automatically and so i retract my comment. I still think its dumb tho....

Explosion

Tuesday, week 1, May 2004

Trojan Arena, Troy, AL.

After the opening pyrotechnics, Ken Shamrock is talking about the bigger they are, the harder they fall. He is of course referring to Abyss, whom he faces at Lockdown. This prompts Abyss' music to play and out comes the big man, striding down to the ring with purpose. He says one sentence, "Let's see how hard big men hit" before laying into Shamrock. Shamrock weathers the storm and then hits a belly to belly suplex on the big man. Abyss then rolls out of the ring and seeks higher ground. C-

Mystery v Scoot Andrews

Not a bad match considering Andrews isn't a main wrestler on TNA's roster and only makes rare appearances on Explosion. He is no match currently for Mystery however, where it is observed that he wrestles similar to how Air Paris does, whom Abyss sent packing from TNA some time ago. Mystery wins in 7:55 by pinfall with a Moonsault Press. D+

Briscoe Brothers v Samoa Joe & Doug Williams

Joe and Doug team as a duo for the first time and face the Briscoes who have had some good wins of late. This match lacked some spark and therefore wasn't as good quality as I, and I'm sure the fans, had hoped. The JWO duo overmatch the Briscoes and win in 9:36 when Doug Williams defeated Jay Briscoe by pinfall with a Chaos Theory. D

Carlito is backstage at the wrestlers' buffet table and starts munching on an apple. 'Cowboy' James Storm feels a little thirsty and grabs himself an adult beverage that suspiciously looks like a Budweiser. The two notice each other and it only takes a fraction of a second before a brawl breaks out between the two halves of the teams that will meet for the Tag Titles at Lockdown. After a while, security wades in, but Carlito gets the last word in by spitting apple in Storm's face, who is furious. B-

TNA X DIVISION CHAMPION

Sheik Abdul Bashir (champion) v Rocky Romero

Not quite up to the recent high standard of the X Division. Sheik is wrestling like a man possessed though and this almost gets him disqualified when he refuses to break in the corner. Mark Johnson only goes as far as a stern warning, which did allow Rocky to mount some consistant offence for a couple of minutes as Bashir argued his case. Bashir used a bit of chicanery to mount a fight back and made a successful defence in 12:38 by pinfall with a Magic Carpet Ride. Sheik Abdul Bashir makes defence number 9 of his TNA X Division title. After the match, Sheik grabbed a mic and dedicated the win to his former manager, The Iron Sheik, who passed away two weeks ago. D+

Frank v Marc Mero

Mero is still rusty and it was made worse by the fact he was off his game tonight. I notice though that Jarrett isn't threatening Mero with a firing or any probation. Even so, he beat his much less experienced opponent Frank in 9:34 by pinfall. D

A music video is shown to promote Psicosis. The better action has been out of the ring so far tonight. C+

AJ Styles v Keiji Sakoda

In an average match where AJ stood out as putting in a good performance, god knows what can be said for Sakoda. Styles won with some ease in 10:46 by pinfall with a Styles Clash. D+

Amy Dumas makes her Explosion debut and tells the fans she is going to show them something they won't forget. She then strips down to her undies! Mystery comes out and makes all male TNA fans jealous as he dances with her, to which Amy is only to happy to go along with. Male TNA fans would be jealous were they not gay, as this segment bombs. E+

TNA NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

'Super' Steve Corino (champion, with Samoa Joe & Doug Williams) v Carlito (with Colt Cabana)

Trust Corino to wind things up. Our first good match of the evening. Joe & Doug took care of Colt at ringside before he had the chance to contemplate interfering, even if he would have. Back in the ring Corino and Carlito fought back and forth, with Carlito hitting a Backcracker, only for Doug Williams to put Corino's foot on the ropes and the referee stopping the three count. Carlito leans over the ropes and grabs Williams by the head, but Corino rolls him up and wins in 16:56 by pinfall with a handful of tights. 'Super' Steve Corino makes defence number 3 of his TNA National title. C+

'The Ring King' Jeff Jarrett comes out for his match against Seaman Stains, but before the contest he calls out AJ Styles. AJ comes down, only for Jeff Jarrett to berate him as being second rate and a nobody with no future. He then lays him out with a sucker punch and begins to stomp a hole right through him, only for Sting's music to play and out comes the legend to chase Jarrett off and save Styles from a potential beating. C+

'The Ring King' Jeff Jarrett v Seaman Stains

Oh dear Stains, main eventing an Explosion is not the ideal time to put in a poor performance. As such, Jarrett just toyed with him, playing with him for a quarter of an hour, beating him down, tossing him around and generally making fun of him. The end mercifully came in 19:34 by pinfall with The Stroke. If Stains had performed better, he probably would have put up a fight. C-

Show rating: C-

The show is a success and should increase TNA's popularity.

Attendance: 5000 (sellout)

Buy rate: 0.08 (new Explosion record)

Profit: $38,281

****y Connection (Jimmy Rave & Johnny Devine)

Why censor ****y? I never understand that.

The only suggestion I have is to spruce it up with different fonts, colors and pictures...........

EDIT: It appears to censor it automatically and so i retract my comment. I still think its dumb tho....

It is annoying Boomer, I completely agree. I get round it (at least, when I remember) by putting the o in italics.

After all, it's not like I'm saying the word cock is it. :D

Current Lockdown card

Sunday, week 2, May 2004

All matches to be fought inside a steel cage

Ken Shamrock v Abyss (C- heat)

LETHAL LOCKDOWN

Sting, AJ Styles, Potter & Rey Mysterio Jr v Jarrett's World Order ©

Beer Money v Caribbean Cool (D-)

Marc Mero v Spanky (E+)

TNA LADIES CHAMPIONSHIP

Briscoe Brothers v Spanish Announce Team (E)

Next Week on Explosion

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Ken Shamrock v The Sandman (D+ heat)

LETHAL LOCKDOWN TWO OUT OF THREE FALLS. WINNERS GET THE MAN ADVANTAGE

Sting & Rey Mysterio Jr v Samoa Joe & Doug Williams (D)

Potter v 'Super' Steve Corino (C-)

AJ Styles v 'The Ring King' Jeff Jarrett ©

Abyss v Spanky (D-)

Beer Money & Sheik Abdul Bashir v Caribbean Cool & Jimmy Yang (E+)

LUCHA LIBRE TAG

Psicosis & Super Crazy v 'Preacher' Christopher Daniels & Amazing Red (E+)

Ha ha, I take it The Iron Sheik died in real life in similar circumstances then?

Or am I completely wrong and he is still alive? :D

No he is still alive and kicking! He goes on Howard Stern's show from time to time.

I found it funny because he was the reason for me finding out that wrestling was fake. Olympia might remember this better then I do but, he was in a feud with Jim Duggan when they were in the WWF. Well it seems that they traveled together and they were pulled over because the cops thought they were drunk. Anyways, it turned out that Duggan was drunk and high on pot, while the Sheik was high on coke! Need less to say both men were fired and I found out that wrestling was not real.:D

Rising Stars

Thursday, week 1, May 2004

Frontier Fieldhouse, Chicago Ridge, IL.

Jeff Jarrett is in the ring. He reminds the fans that Rick Michaels and Scoot Andrews are both on probation tonight and their performances tonight determine their TNA fate. If they win, a spot on the roster is theirs. If they lose, he decides if they be fired.

He then introduces Super Crazy, who will be one competitor in the main event, where another "so called rising star" needs to prove their worth to him. C

Shark Boy v Vic Capri

Shark Boy defeated Vic Capri in 6:04 by pinfall with a Dead Sea Drop. Jarrett appears in the entrance and tells Capri that was barely passable. Like Michaels and Andrews last week, Jarrett puts him on probation, and he will face Keiji Sakoda next week. D

'Alpha Male' Monty Brown v Rick Michaels

'Alpha Male' Monty Brown defeated Rick Michaels in 4:41 by pinfall with The Pounce. Jarrett appears, tells Michaels "No good" and "You're fired!" D-

Amy Dumas & Ariel v Lou Fisto & Melina Perez

Lou is still rusty. Amy and Ariel showed excellent chemistry teaming together. Lou Fisto and Melina Perez defeated Amy Dumas and Ariel in 7:32 when Lou Fisto defeated Ariel by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. E

Jimmy Yang v Scoot Andrews

Jimmy Yang defeated Scoot Andrews in 11:05 by pinfall with a Corkscrew 450 Splash. Jarrett appears, Andrews fears the worst. Jarrett tells him that was "little better" but because he put on a reasonable match against Mystery on Explosion, he will remain on probation. Next week he will face Amazing Red. D

Super Crazy v Matt Cappotelli

Super Crazy defeated Matt Cappotelli in 13:50 by pinfall with a Trifecta Moonsault. Jarrett doesn't appear, much to Cappotelli's relief. D+

Show rating: D+

Attendance: 1000 (sellout)

Profit: $3681

No he is still alive and kicking! He goes on Howard Stern's show from time to time.

I found it funny because he was the reason for me finding out that wrestling was fake. Olympia might remember this better then I do but, he was in a feud with Jim Duggan when they were in the WWF. Well it seems that they traveled together and they were pulled over because the cops thought they were drunk. Anyways, it turned out that Duggan was drunk and high on pot, while the Sheik was high on coke! Need less to say both men were fired and I found out that wrestling was not real.:D

That is a funny story. :D

TNA News

Friends of Sting are reported to have said that he is close to breaking point due to his gruelling schedule. Sting has not commented. He currently works for HUSTLE and ECWA as well as TNA.

TV stations are again rejecting negotiations as the wrestling industry in the US is at an all time low.

Seaman Stains has agreed terms on a contract extension.

TNA has agreed terms with a wrestler to join the company. TNA say that he will appear at Lockdown, but are keeping his identity under wraps.

A six month contract extension has been agreed with UrbanXtra to continue to broadcast TNA's pay per view events.

Samoa Joe has rocked TNA by signing a written contract with Pro Wrestling NOAH. His TNA deal now expires in only 5 days, which means he will leave before the Lockdown pay per view.

If anyone had cared, they could have made a plausible explanation for them being together. Maybe Iron Sheik was trying to discredit his patriotic nemesis. Or Hacksaw was trying to recruit and rehabilitate Iron Sheik to the side of good. I'm sure Bill Watts would have been able to explain it - right after he fired them and made good use of his size ## cowboy boot

also funny how it censors some words like that. Dick Murdoch, Dick Slater, Dick the Bruiser (all censored on another site, as was "Anderson" for some reason I never figured out)

that stinks to lose Samoa Joe!!!! Will you have time to bury him on the Explosions or Rsing Stars at least? That is a tough part of the game for sure. He hasn't been overly instrumental in your stories, but he's quite a talent. be funny for him to lose to one of the Rising Stars (maybe Seaman Stains since he signed anew) and Jarrett having to FIRE HIM

have you tried to small / very small local stations for tv? Maybe you can string together a national package like you used to have - although the wwekly PPV seems to be pulling in good numbers (despite the downturn) and helping to rake in some cash for you.

I am very disappointed to be losing Joe, but when I'm only cult in size, these things happen. I saw him as one of those who were the future of TNA, maybe I can sign him again in the future.

I won't bury him on Rising Stars, he's too good for that and it's not like he's done anything wrong per se.

The thing I see if I got a deal with a small or very small local TV station is it would be like a step backwards to when TNA was in it's infancy, and I would lose a lot of money again. Unless I ran a TV show and Explosion, having a short TV show for mainly stories and Explosion for mainly wrestling, with big monthly pay per views. A problem I foresee with that is product burnout though.

I didn't mean truly bury him - but a match to pass on his momentum to one of your up and comers (maybe not Stains, but possibly Daniels, Corino, or even Styles). So he's gone, you sign someone to replace him - he gets over in Japan and maybe signs back with you next year with more skills and overness

wonder if the small tv show could support the Rising Stars?? With the extra tv money, you might be able to afford a couple extra bigger stars to be on the show - and of course an outlet to get your stories, video promos, etc out to the general public.

Explosion

Tuesday, week 2, May 2004

Gateway Arena, Sioux City, IA.

Jeff Jarrett is in the ring and tells everybody to expect two surprises. One is tonight and one is at Lockdown. He says no more, leaving Tenay and West to speculate what he might mean. C-

Lucha Libre Tag Team Match

Psicosis & Super Crazy v Amazing Red & 'Preacher' Christopher Daniels

A good match and start to the show, even though Red and Daniels' timing as a team is all over the place. As expected the two lucha libre stars triumph, although the match was closer than the outcome suggested. Psicosis and Crazy win in 14:36 by two straight falls, with the final fall happening when Super Crazy defeated Amazing Red by pinfall with a Trifecta Moonsault. C

Shamrock cuts a promo backstage hyping his Lockdown title defence against Abyss and reminding people that he showed last week he is more than capable of handling anything Abyss can throw at him. Surprisingly, this segment did not go down well at all. D-

Beer Money (with Midajah) & Sheik Abdul Bashir v Caribbean Cool & Jimmy Yang

Just shy of being good, all six men put in passable performances. Beer Money and Bashir often used double and triple team moves to gain the upper hand, but Mark Johnson lost all control when all six men starting brawling in and around the ring. He called the match a draw in 11:39 following a double disqualification. D+

Abyss v Spanky

Abyss dominated Spanky for much of the match, which looked awkward as the two don't appear to click. Abyss shows he is on form ready for Lockdown with the win in 6:42 by pinfall with The Black Hole. D-

Backstage Potter and Sting are having a conversation about Jeff Jarrett's surprises, agreeing that Jarrett can only be up to no good and they are wary of what he has in store. C+

Ken Shamrock (champion) v The Sandman

Shamrock makes a comfortable defence and shows Abyss that he too is more than ready for Lockdown on Sunday. The match wasn't the best it could have been but it was acceptable. Shamrock wins in 8:01 by submission with an Ankle Lock. Ken Shamrock makes defence number 5 of his NWA TNA World Heavyweight title. D+

As Shamrock is walking back up the ramp, Abyss blindsides him and lays him out. He picks Shamrock up and power bombs him through the stage! C

Mike Tenay announces that the next three matches will be fought on a best of three basis, with the winning Lethal Lockdown team getting the man advantage on Sunday.

Sting & Rey Mysterio Jr v Samoa Joe & Doug Williams

A good match, one where everybody gets in some good offence. Samoa Joe is getting on top when Frank runs in and hits him with Call Frank. This enabled Sting & Rey to earn the first fall for their Lethal Lockdown team in 13:45 when Sting defeated Samoa Joe by pinfall. C

Jeff Jarrett then walks down with Steve Corino, who is in the next match. Jarrett gets on the mic, and tells Corino, Williams and Frank to put the boots in on Joe! They do so, every time Joe tries to get back up they knock him back down again. When Joe is sufficiently subdued, Jarrett gets in his face. He calls Joe a traitor, selfish and second rate and tells him "I hope you rot in Japan". Jarrett shakes hands with Frank. Sting and Rey have been joined by Potter at ringside and look on in disbelief. It's not the kind of surprise they were expecting. E+

Potter v 'Super' Steve Corino (non title match)

Two old school technicians show how a good match is put on. Move, counter move. Submission, escape. The match had a good flow to it. Potter locks a Sharpshooter on Corino but he reaches the ropes to escape the hold. Frank reappears, and distracts Potter, long enough for Corino to hit Old School Expulsion and tie things up in 13:48. C+

AJ Styles v 'The Ring King' Jeff Jarrett

Another good match, just shy of being very good. AJ gave his all but just came up short as Jarrett sneaks it in 16:33 by pinfall with The Stroke to gain Jarrett's World Order the man advantage at Lethal Lockdown. The real story is what happened after the match. Samoa Joe came back to ringside and starting shooting at Jarrett. Joe tells Jarrett he always has been a 'selfish bastard' and sees he has refused to put over another wrestler tonight. He apologises to AJ and other TNA wrestlers for how he has acted in recent week and has now seen that Sting is right, Jarrett needs to change or replacing or TNA won't benefit in the long term. Finally he thanks and apologises to the fans for their support in the two years he has been in TNA and for being such an asshole in the final months. He gives Jarrett the bird as he leaves to loud cheers and a "Thank you Joe" chant. C+

Show rating: C

Can be considered a success and should increase TNA's popularity.

Attendance: 5000 (sellout)

Buy rate: 0.08

Profit: $28,401

Current Lockdown card

Sunday, week 2, May 2004

All matches to be fought inside a steel cage

Ken Shamrock v Abyss (D+ heat)

LETHAL LOCKDOWN

Sting, AJ Styles, Potter & Rey Mysterio Jr v Jarrett's World Order (D)

Beer Money v Caribbean Cool (D)

Sheik Abdul Bashir v Jimmy Yang (D-)

Marc Mero v Spanky (E+)

TNA LADIES CHAMPIONSHIP

Lou Fisto v opponent (F)

Super Crazy v Amazing Red (E+)

Briscoe Brothers v Spanish Announce Team (E)

Archived