DOTM: Real World

DOTM: Real World  

32 members have voted

1. 1. DOTM: Real World

• dse81's "The New NWA"
    • Nevermore's "ECW: World Wide"
    • iMac's "WWE: The Next Generation"

I really cant believe ECW Worldwide is in the running here. And that is not intended as an insult to nevy. Worldwide is probably my favourite diary. But seriously, he posted like one show all month after not posting for several months prior to that. Im guessing it is his reputation an previous work that got him the nomination though. Again its not a knock against him, i just feel some other diaries were more deserving.

I really cant believe ECW Worldwide is in the running here. And that is not intended as an insult to nevy. Worldwide is probably my favourite diary. But seriously, he posted like one show all month after not posting for several months prior to that. Im guessing it is his reputation an previous work that got him the nomination though. Again its not a knock against him, i just feel some other diaries were more deserving.

Multiple shows this month was confirmed on the nomination thread, as I recall, and someone nominated and someone else seconded.

That's all it takes. I have no idea whether you nominated, but ultimately... sometimes guys who should get the nod, don't. (And I say this not in a self-serving way - I keep getting into the C-Verse poll, it's no skin off my back.)

If the RW nominations are going to get wider, more people are going to have to nominate diaries. It's honestly that simple.

I all but begged for Real world nom, for two months running.

ECW world wide qualified, and any two shows from nevey are deffinatly worth a nod, though I can't say they are worth winning.

but we really need more readers to nominate a wide variatey of RW dynasties.

(is sesby's still active? in the past he has pointed out he has readers but never seems to get nominated)

I all but begged for Real world nom, for two months running.

ECW world wide qualified, and any two shows from nevey are deffinatly worth a nod, though I can't say they are worth winning.

but we really need more readers to nominate a wide variatey of RW dynasties.

(is sesby's still active? in the past he has pointed out he has readers but never seems to get nominated)

Hi Mistaken. My diary ceased a couple of months ago, maybe 3. However I will be starting a new one very soon, and this time I have planned everything from the start so I can get ahead with shows. Just about to write up a Smackdown in fact. Been doing bits and bobs for it for several weeks now.

Hopefully with a new diary that doesn't get out of sequence after about 2 shows, I can welcome back the readers that kept me going on my previous diary and also attract alot of new readers, and keep their interest by having my shows ready way ahead of time.

Eh, well I guess I won. Congrats to me. But... I really think dse81 should spilt it with me.

I only really posted at the beginning and end of the month, whereas dse was updating regularly with good stuff. I only really sneaked into the vote as I had just posted a PPV ,which I can only assume went down well since I won this vote.

So yeah, make it happen please mistaken.

Other points I want to get across... I think the two shows thing needs to be looked at. 2 shows? That's one show every 2 weeks. That's all it takes to qualify for get a nomination? Not right IMO. If we're going to have a true "Diary of the Month" then it should (and needs to be) a diary that produces good shows on a consistent basis (such as dse81's).

Another point, I'd just like to say I'm pleased that it was such a tight race compared to the blowouts in the other nominations. That's good news for the RW scene on this forum IMO.

Saying that though... we need more writes to step up. We can't rely on the big three every month. If Nevermore, tristram and keefmoon aren't going to be as active (come back soon guys :( ) then it's up to the rest to pick up the slack.

Sebsy is planning something it seems (that After the Bash one was good, so more of the same more often please), Boomking has plans for a return (more backstage goodness please), tizzyt is looking good with his wwe one (focus all your talent on one diary and make it epic please), if wildfire stays active then he'll be nominated (I need to read the other part of his diary). Hopefully they'll all produce good stuff and we'll have another good race next time. If I forgot anybody or haven't mentioned anybody, apologies.

Anyway, long winded post over, I wasn't around enough last month to make noms and such but I'll defo be active this month and I'll get in 3 RW noms (if that's even allowed) and hopefully others will too nominate some RW diaries too.

Later days, and cheers for the votes! :)

Other points I want to get across... I think the two shows thing needs to be looked at. 2 shows? That's one show every 2 weeks. That's all it takes to qualify for get a nomination? Not right IMO. If we're going to have a true "Diary of the Month" then it should (and needs to be) a diary that produces good shows on a consistent basis (such as dse81's).

I'd think the highest that number could go is minimum four per month. If you're putting on shows as often as a TNAish like company, then you're fine in my book.

OR, we could leave it at the two show minimum, and simply mention that "Company X is elligible, but has only run two shows this month".

Just some thoughts.

Congrats, iMac.

Thanks man!

I'd think the highest that number could go is minimum four per month. If you're putting on shows as often as a TNAish like company, then you're fine in my book.

OR, we could leave it at the two show minimum, and simply mention that "Company X is elligible, but has only run two shows this month".

Just some thoughts.

4 was the exact number I had written in my post, but I took out as I thought it might be overstepping the mark. :o

But now you've said it, I agree with 4. 4 shows a month is roughly 1 show a week. 4 shows over the course of a month is enough for your diary to be considered active, plus it give a much better scope for readers to decided if the quality you're producing is good enough for a nomination. I'd rather that than your second option tbh.

Well said iMac. There seems to be a real shortage of RW diaries of late, and most of the big ones are semi-active at best. Hopefully next month we will see a few more pop up.

And congrats on the win. It's well deserved.

Archived