Raw spoiler 3-6-09

GatorBait19

Personally not a great Batista fan but seeing as he could come back yesterday and was at fan axxes wtf wasn't his return used to liven up a very stale main event?! Wilts I am with you on Vicky btw I don't like her as an on screen personality and not in a heel heat kinda way i just mute/fast forward most of the time I don't care seeing her.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Personally not a great Batista fan but seeing as he could come back yesterday and was at fan axxes wtf wasn't his return used to liven up a very stale main event?! Wilts I am with you on Vicky btw I don't like her as an on screen personality and not in a heel heat kinda way i just mute/fast forward most of the time I don't care seeing her.

I skipped Raw because WrestleMania was terrible and I knew that Raw would blow. It looks like I was right. Now that I see that Vickie is GM and Batista is back, I won't be watching Raw for a long time now.

Batista coming back was cool. Though I think it could have waited till Trips/Orton was settled. Batista in a six man fighting just for trips to win the belt, it doesn't seem right.

Punk could easily turn heel just through the manner of his MITB cash in, doubt he will though. Then those who boo him now would cheer him, and vice versa. And it's the cheerers they care more about.

Maybe they'll have Batista turn on Trips?

So, Orton wins the belt. Punk's music hits and he comes out and everyone thinks he's cashing in but instead he stands at the top of the entrance ramp and applauds Orton. Then we have weeks of Punk taunting Orton saying he can cash his shot in anytime he wants.

Meanwhile, Batista becomes a tweener of kinds, saying he screwed Triple H and stopped him retaining his title because he wants the World Title and thinks Orton would be the easier man to beat.

Maybe they'll have Batista turn on Trips?

So, Orton wins the belt. Punk's music hits and he comes out and everyone thinks he's cashing in but instead he stands at the top of the entrance ramp and applauds Orton. Then we have weeks of Punk taunting Orton saying he can cash his shot in anytime he wants.

Meanwhile, Batista becomes a tweener of kinds, saying he screwed Triple H and stopped him retaining his title because he wants the World Title and thinks Orton would be the easier man to beat.

My guess is that they will have DiBiase pin Shane or something so Orton gets the belt without actually winning it. If I am right in understanding the rules of the match. Then they will just build on the feud from there with Orton playing the role of the coward and ducking H and Batista for the summer.

I usually don't watch RAW, but I was all alone in my office at work today, so I thought I'd check it out. Fun show. I also LOVED Steamboat. I'm not actually all that familiar with his work, but I thought with the "Let's go Steamboat!" chants and "You've still got it" and the way Edge and Matt and Jericho just fed into his offense was awesome. He also gave a clinic on selling, never taking too much of a beating without giving at least a chop in return. Top class. When the other babyfaces left him in the ring to celebrate, one last time... I teared up a bit. Awesome.

Usually I don't like people teaming just because they're both heels/babyfaces, but I liked seeing Jericho/Edge/Matt together. A Main Event alliance between any two of them would be cool in my book.

Santina is great. Beth gave good promo. If they'd not had the match, and instead just had Santina dancing before Beth gives her a spanking, they could have built to a PPV match I would have considered paying to see.

And I got to see Colons vs Miz & Morrison, so that made me very happy. I mean, technically I did already pay so I could see the match, so it was the least WWE could do. I hope neither of those teams are broken in the draft.

Loved Steamboat, but was fuming that Rey didn't let him get the pin.

I'd actually be happy if Steamboat had one more singles match with someone where he got the pinfall victory.

I thiiink something might have gone wrong there, wasn't Edge the legal man?

Usually I don't like people teaming just because they're both heels/babyfaces, but I liked seeing Jericho/Edge/Matt together. A Main Event alliance between any two of them would be cool in my book.

And I got to see Colons vs Miz & Morrison, so that made me very happy. I mean, technically I did already pay so I could see the match, so it was the least WWE could do. I hope neither of those teams are broken in the draft.

loll...when Edge and Matt did the double knockdown and an elbow drop I half expected them to high five afterwards, any alliance between the two of them can't help but leave me smiling. Jericho and Matt would be an interesting combo...with Matt's new main event tights who knows what they could do, I can see him doing well over this next year, though the Hardy/Hardy feud unless they bring in a title and have a ladder match I don't really want to see any more of.

A few months ago I HATED the idea of Matt/Edge teaming up. Forget the backstage stuff, on-camera these two characters have a history. Now Edge I can see letting bygones be bygones and teaming up if he sees a way he can benefit, but Matt, even with his new anti-Jeff attitude I couldn't see a way he'd trust Edge enough.

However... if they dangled a sparkly enough carrot in front of him. If Matt had a specific goal, and teaming with Edge was presented at a sensible enough option towards achieving that goal, I could dig it.

Option 1) Edge loses his "Last Chance" match what John Cena's belt (whichever one he has) and offers to help Matt win it in exchange for the first title shot.

Option 2) Christian is drafted to Smackdown. He thoroughly LOL's at Edge's current lifestyle, and disses Matt's new attitude, and starts hanging with Jeff a lot... Hell... I just want a 4-way ladder match between them. For a title.

I just don't want WWE to forget history. Remember it. Reference it. Have the 'Lita' thing be that elephant in the room. They don't need to talk directly about it, but it's a point of contention between them. Matt giving a snide comment about Edge "liking to steal things" or being surprised that he married Vickie because he "thought he prefers red-heads". Edge can come back with all sorts of stuff, because he's Edge and has pretty much beaten Matt every time they've fought with the TLC days.

I'd be into this. If done right.

Then we have weeks of Punk taunting Orton saying he can cash his shot in anytime he wants.

I think it'll be much more likely having Punk just jobbing every single week and then in some grueling match between Orton and Cena/Batista/HHH he cashes it in, winning the WHC/WWE championship without any momentum at all.

They did it once, might as well do it again :rolleyes:

I just don't want WWE to forget history. Remember it. Reference it. Have the 'Lita' thing be that elephant in the room. They don't need to talk directly about it, but it's a point of contention between them. Matt giving a snide comment about Edge "liking to steal things" or being surprised that he married Vickie because he "thought he prefers red-heads". Edge can come back with all sorts of stuff, because he's Edge and has pretty much beaten Matt every time they've fought with the TLC days.

That kind of build would be awesome, but I think you're overestimating WWE's creative team sense of logic and creativity. Unfortunately, they're not that smart >_>

I think it'll be much more likely having Punk just jobbing every single week and then in some grueling match between Orton and Cena/Batista/HHH he cashes it in, winning the WHC/WWE championship without any momentum at all.

They did it once, might as well do it again :rolleyes:

Welllll, I hope not :(

Punk is great and he can pull of being smart, smarmy in a face way....

"Hey Randy, don't forget *holds the case up and pats it* I can cash this bad boy in anytime I want"

I skipped Raw because WrestleMania was terrible and I knew that Raw would blow. It looks like I was right. Now that I see that Vickie is GM and Batista is back, I won't be watching Raw for a long time now.

im sorry but to say wrestlemania was terrible is just being anti-wwe. it was a VERY solid to good show.

i said the same thing as i was watching. the legal man wasnt pinned. there was no blind tag.

but steamboat was awesome. great chant of "you still got it" was cool. last nighs crowd and raws crowd were very hot, which always makes a show more exciting.

I could see them giving Orton the belt in some shady way (didn't watch last night, so I don't know what the stipulation is). Seperate them post draft, so Randy gets the last laugh against Triple H. Then down the line, have some way for Punk to get some retribution on Orton for taking the belt away those many months ago. Given the "build up" would have started with Orton's punt on Punk, even if Punk won after taking advantage of a situation (in a proper match) people will probably love it. When a heel is despised so much, they forgive the face for some dubious tactics. And this doesn't need to happen now either. Let Randy have his time with the belt. Poetic justice would be for Punk to regain the belt at the event he lost it at (No Mercy, right?).

im sorry but to say wrestlemania was terrible is just being anti-wwe. it was a VERY solid to good show.

I watched it and I know what I saw. They cut the tag match, rushed the diva match which was anti-climatic and had an ending that everyone saw coming about a month ago and the money in the bank match was probably the worst one they have done and seemed somewhat rushed to me as well.

The JBL vs. Rey match was lame. The announcers weren't even into the match.

The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels match was good, but started off a little slow. The kicking out of every move was starting to get to be a little much, but they ended it at the right time.

From what I saw when I was paying attention to the Jeff/Matt match, it wasn't bad, but the feud wasn't interesting to me.

The triple threat match was pointless and predictable. The feud leading up to it was also one of the lamest in sometime. Also, I am getting sick of Vickie getting hurt and being in a wheel chair every other month. Same old crap over and over again. Edge cheats on her, she cheats on him, he accidentally hits her, she's in a wheel chair... and so on.

The main event was a let down. The feud was so intense and the match lacked intensity.

It wasn't too bad of a ppv, but for a WrestleMania, it was bad. There wasn't many moments that will be lasting memories for years to come.

The tag match should have gotten cut. When was it announced? What was the build up?

The Diva match I'll give you, simply because it wasn't a match. No announcing who was in it, and they all looked the same pretty much.

Jeff/Matt was OK, but no thanks to Jeff. I can't stand him.

Would you have had Edge retain? Given it to Big Show? Have it just be 1 on 1?

And I must be in the minority, but the main event was good I thought.

As for memorable moments? Kofi and the vertical ladder? Shelton's dive off the big ladder? The entire Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker match will be a lasting memory. And THAT build up was ATROCIOUS in my opinion.

P.S. There was no match between Rey & JBL. That's like saying SD Jones had a match against King Kong Bundy on WM1 or Hunter had a match against Warrior whenever that was.

The tag match should have gotten cut. When was it announced? What was the build up?

It was announced 3-4 weeks ago on ECW. The build up started several weeks earlier. Primo & Carlito were 'with' the Bella Twins. Miz & Morrison (who had been dissing the Colons for a couple of months on The dirt Sheet) moved in on their turf. They had a few matches, one for the chance to take the Bella's out on Valentine's Day (M&M win) one with The Colon's Tag Belts on the line (Colons win) one with Miz & Morrison's belts on the line (M&M win) plus a bunch of singles matches. Meanwhile, the Bella's split. One cornering each team. They fought a bit...

There was quite a lot of build up. I paid for Wrestlemania for that match and the Hardyz match, with a bit of curiosity over 'Taker/HBK and MITB to seal the deal. Out of the matches they had scheduled, I agree the tag match should have been the one to go, but... come on. Don't promise something you're not going to deliver. Time out your shows ahead of time.

Welllll, I hope not :(

Punk is great and he can pull of being smart, smarmy in a face way....

"Hey Randy, don't forget *holds the case up and pats it* I can cash this bad boy in anytime I want"

The problem I see with Punk winning the title again by MiTB is that it would once again kill his title credibility, people would go: "hey Punk needs the MiTB to win titles, I don't buy him as a legit contender" so they'll have to be very careful with that, since the opportunistic gimmick works much better with heels than with faces. The most logical possibility is they turn him heel.

But, again, I don't believe that the WWE will do anything of worth with him, and I hope that he loses the briefcase to Christian or something (even though I also doubt that they'd do anything better with him)

I could see them giving Orton the belt in some shady way (didn't watch last night, so I don't know what the stipulation is). Seperate them post draft, so Randy gets the last laugh against Triple H. Then down the line, have some way for Punk to get some retribution on Orton for taking the belt away those many months ago. Given the "build up" would have started with Orton's punt on Punk, even if Punk won after taking advantage of a situation (in a proper match) people will probably love it. When a heel is despised so much, they forgive the face for some dubious tactics. And this doesn't need to happen now either. Let Randy have his time with the belt. Poetic justice would be for Punk to regain the belt at the event he lost it at (No Mercy, right?).

I assume you mean keep them seperated as Orton = Raw and HHH = Smackdown altough pre mania the lines got fussy per usual.

Yep, Edge and Mysterio, so neither pin was valid. I'm guessing Edge and Jericho got mixed up somehow following the double 619, or Mysterio forgot to tag Steamboat before the 619, or something.

Anybody else extremely confused by the fact that the title is on the line in the 3-on-3 match at Backlash? Why didn't Vince come out and say "Um, yeah...the title's actually NOT on the line, but thanks for the suggestion, Vickie."? Last I checked, McMahons > GMs in authority.

To say Wrestlemania was very solid to good is an insult to every solid to good pay-per-view in the history of wrestling. It had ONE good match. It was an all-time classic match, don't get me wrong, but it was the absolute only memorable match the whole night. As others have said MITB was the worst to date, the Kid Rock concert was out of place and a waste of time, the divas match was a bust, etc etc. And most importantly, the main event will go down as the worst WM main event in over a decade(for reference, look up Undertaker vs. Sid, circa 1997).

I defend WWE more often than not, but this was not a good night for them by any stretch.

And most importantly, the main event will go down as the worst WM main event in over a decade(for reference, look up Undertaker vs. Sid, circa 1997)..

Wrestle Mania 14 (97) Was main evented by Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Shawn Michaels. The one were Taker faced Sid I believe was main evented by Bam Bam Bigelow vs Some random Football player.... that one, my friends is the WORST WM main event in history.

Anybody else extremely confused by the fact that the title is on the line in the 3-on-3 match at Backlash? Why didn't Vince come out and say "Um, yeah...the title's actually NOT on the line, but thanks for the suggestion, Vickie."? Last I checked, McMahons > GMs in authority.

I'm glad I'm not the only person bothered by that.

Archived