WWE Supplemental Draft Today - Discussion & Predictions

davidEFC

Join WWEUniverse.com live this Wednesday at 12 noon ET/5PM BST as the shake-ups continue with the 2009 WWE Supplemental Draft. Participate in the WWE Universe live chat and follow along on WWE.com.
My Predictions

Candice Michelle - Smackdown

Chavo Guerrero - Raw

Dolph Ziggler - Smackdown

Evan Bourne - Smackdown

Goldust - ECW

Jamie Noble - ECW

Jesse - Raw

John Morrison - Smackdown

Maria - Raw

Mark Henry w/Tony Atlas - Raw

William Regal w/Layla - ECW

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goldust and Regal to ECW are good shouts. If ECW really is being used as a breeding ground for new talent then they could put some people over. Same with Noble but I like Noble and hope he moves to ECW and gets a push.

Other than that, I don't have a clue. I'd like to think they provide some 'shocks' maybe Cena to SD!

None of this draft of the Monday draft matters if they don't enforce the brand split.

Very True. This year's draft didn't seem as iconic because, as of late, no one stays on their own brand. ha. Every week it seems like each show is full of the other shows wrestlers.

I mean Smackdown this week has Batista versus Cody Rhodes.... 2 RAW people facing off on Smackdown.

It's not terrible because it's cool to have them cross over... but... I agree. The draft means nothing when everyone can run around from one show to the next.

I mean Smackdown this week has Batista versus Cody Rhodes.... 2 RAW people facing off on Smackdown.

I've heard a lot of people moaning about this (so this rant isn't directed at you) but the Smackdown after the draft ALWAYS features cross-brand matches. It did last year, it does this year. Get over it. With the shooting schedule WWE has, and the timing of the supplemental draft, they really don't have much choice in the matter. A few last minute switches are bound to end up on the show, so you might as well go whole-hog and bring Big Dave & Cody over and make a day of it.

Then there's Backlash. If you immediately separated the brands, that show would only get a 2-week build, so you really need to keep mixing the rosters until that PPV too.

Could the Draft be better timed? Could it perhaps happen after Backlash? Or far away from Wrestlemania season so the brands are more segregated beforehand? Sure. However, this is what they do, so roll with it.

The draft is by no means perfect, but people are bitching about the tiniest of things.

The draft so far:

Pick #1: Raw selects Mr. Kennedy

Pick #2: SmackDown selects Shad Gaspard

Pick #3: SmackDown selects Alicia Fox

Pick #4: Raw selects Primo

The Fink is dissing WWE in the chat for killing tag wrestling :D Just seems like a waste to unify the titles and immediately split Carlito and Primo, unless Carlito is going to Raw as well :confused:

My God... I understand why some companies may want to ignore the tag division, but WWE has like 7000 guys doing nothing, just let them play with the straps.

It's that American "one man against the world" superhero myth bollocks. I like teams! I like seeing two guys joining forces for the common good. I like loyalty, trust, devotion. These are positive, relatable character traits that WWE should be promoting... ESPECIALLY in their PG-13 world. Kids need to learn about teamwork. It's a major facet in life. You can't make it in this world alone.

Really don't undserstand the point of Kennedy to RAW, it's dumb. Same goes for Knox to SD! Why?

And I'm with the majority on the tag team stuff. Unless Carlito follows Primo to RAW and JTG follows Shad to SD! it's pointless.

I am thinking the tag team titles will be seperated with one going to each brand b/c of the breaking up of the TTchamps. This could be cool because then each brother can try to find a partner on the other brand to pair up with...Im thinking Primo with Martina!!

I am thinking the tag team titles will be seperated with one going to each brand b/c of the breaking up of the TTchamps. This could be cool because then each brother can try to find a partner on the other brand to pair up with...Im thinking Primo with Martina!!

Maybe, but then what was the point of unifying them? This reaks of TNA.

They split up the Bella Twins??? I... what's the point of having twin hot girls if they're not in the same place at the same time? That's, like, the entire fantasy, right?

Although tbh I don't get the whole twin fantasy. I'm a twin myself so... Yeah. Not quite getting it.

PS: New theory. Vince went to a palm reader and told him to "Fear the number 2".

Archived