19) JTG is drafted to Smackdown

20) Dolph Ziggler is drafted to Smackdown

21) The Brian Kendrick is drafted to Raw

22) Charlie Haas is drafted to Smackdown

23) Hurricane Helms is drafted to ECW

just 1 pick left

Hurricane Helms to ECW

just 1 pick left

Best pick of the day, imo. ECW will do for Helms, what it did for Matt Hardy. Give the opportunity to show the brass that he can handle the spotlight, and help carry a show.

Most everyone drafted will fall to the wayside, be fired or forgotten, but this pick may just nudge Helms in the right direction. I hope.

here is the full list of picks

1) Mr. Kennedy is drafted to Raw

2) Shad Gaspard is drafted to Smackdown

3) Alicia Fox is drafted to Smackdown

4) Primo Colon is drafted to Raw

5) Mike Knox is drafted to SmackDown

6) Ezekiel Jackson is drafted to ECW

7) Nikki Bella is drafted to Raw

8) Candice Michelle is drafted to SmackDown

9) Zach Ryder is drafted to ECW

10) Chavo Guererro is drafted to Raw

11) Ricky Ortiz is drafted to Smackdown

12) Layla is drafted to Smackdown

13) Hornswoggle is drafted to Raw

14) DH Smith is drafted to ECW

15) John Morrison is drafted to Smackdown

16) Carlito Colon is drafted to Raw

17) Natalya is drafted to ECW

18) Festus is drafted to Raw

19) JTG is drafted to Smackdown

20) Dolph Ziggler is drafted to Smackdown

21) The Brian Kendrick is drafted to Raw

22) Charlie Haas is drafted to Smackdown

23) Hurrican Helms is drafted to ECW

24) Brie Bella is drafted to Raw

Okay, I don't get it. Why split up Hornswaggle and Finley? Outside of that, it's what I expected. Filling out the roster with people to lose, although I'm shocked Miz switching shows was televised, and Morrison was afterthoughted.

Also thinking this means the end of Jesse, as Festus is gone, maybe to revamp the look and become Kendrick's new "bully" ... and Hawkins and/or Ryder won't see Summerslam, I think. Gotta weed out the potential talent, to continue to pay the big 4 on Raw. :p

And before this derails into a full fledged rant about how the Draft was supposed to "shake things up" and give new blood a chance, I'm gonna go watch the title scramble match where tBK pinned HHH, and pretend that was the end of the match. lol

Actually guys, I don't think they're kicking tag teams into dirt, and I'm not talking about JTG who just joined SD! and Carlito to Raw.

I mean, there's ONE set of tag team titles now. Which mean, obviously, they're interbrand. So what does it matter if Festus is on Raw or whatever when they could not necessarily break up? Maybe they're vying to have Jesse and Festus run singles careers while teaming up occasionally, getting some of the Mizorrison schedule.

I don't mind this at all, if they had any thought of imrpoving the tag division and giving it attention, they could make it so there's big tag team matches on Supershows and the like. But obviously that doesn't seem likely to be on their agenda.

But overall I don't think it matters if tag teams are split through drafts, the titles are interbrand and as it's pointed out often, everyone and their mother can show up on a different brand anyway. Also, think that since Big Zeke was sent to ECW, he might start his singles run and occasionally team with Kendrick.

I think the splitting of teams like Jesse and Festus, and tBK and Zeke is to allow them to pursue singles careers. Miz and Morrison won't be the A-listers anymore, Kendrick won't be hiding behind Zeke ... it's a fresh start.

Carlito and Primo moving doesn't change anything, as they are unified champs, so they go everywhere. Probably test running it for the big belt. But I don't think the challengers will come from different shows all that often. You have Priceless on Raw, Shad and JTG on Smackdown, the possibility of tWGTT on Smackdown (which is simply pushing Shelton down one more rung on the ladder) and ... the Bellas?

Yeah, it's not the end of tag team wrestling, as it opens the door for new possibilities, like Zigg and Morrison (pushing John one rung down the ladder), and the New Foundation with TJ Wilson and DH Smith, and Mike Knox and Ricky O or whatever. (C'mon, it totally makes sense ... that beard, and that hair? It's perfect!) But any team split up today is essentially dead, barring trades, forgotten placement, or the occassional DX reunion.

I think the splitting of teams like Jesse and Festus, and tBK and Zeke is to allow them to pursue singles careers. Miz and Morrison won't be the A-listers anymore, Kendrick won't be hiding behind Zeke ... it's a fresh start.

Carlito and Primo moving doesn't change anything, as they are unified champs, so they go everywhere. Probably test running it for the big belt. But I don't think the challengers will come from different shows all that often. You have Priceless on Raw, Shad and JTG on Smackdown, the possibility of tWGTT on Smackdown (which is simply pushing Shelton down one more rung on the ladder) and ... the Bellas?

Yeah, it's not the end of tag team wrestling, as it opens the door for new possibilities, like Zigg and Morrison (pushing John one rung down the ladder), and the New Foundation with TJ Wilson and DH Smith, and Mike Knox and Ricky O or whatever. (C'mon, it totally makes sense ... that beard, and that hair? It's perfect!) But any team split up today is essentially dead, barring trades, forgotten placement, or the occassional DX reunion.

Meh, somehow I still think a tag team or two will have that partner/singles schedule. It's not such a drastic move, could be done quietly, but I do agree some tag teams are also being separated upon this draft.

And even if not, indeed the point stands that tag team wrestling isn't being completely shat on. Just remaking the surface, perhaps.

Finlay is going to be traded just so he can be with Horny

Only reason I can think of, for the split, is a heel turn for Finlay, bolstering the main event scene on ECW, whilst not losing the kid friendly appeal of the Swaggle.

Meh, somehow I still think a tag team or two will have that partner/singles schedule. It's not such a drastic move, could be done quietly, but I do agree some tag teams are also being separated upon this draft.

And even if not, indeed the point stands that tag team wrestling isn't being completely shat on. Just remaking the surface, perhaps.

It's entirely possible, and what I said was merely one man's pov on it. E's proven me wrong before. After last year's draft, some of it was simply putting people on notice. They seperated London and Kendrick, and how long after was London gone? Seperated Deuce and Domino ... how long until Dominotion was an internet fad, and failed spot? I don't think Jesse or Ryder will survive this draft either.

Still ... if Zigg and Morrison team up, I think I might get a little giddy. Not blonde girl watching Sanjaya giddy, but pretty close. :p

Agreed. WWE faked out a lot of fans with the teasing of the tag splits - and Fink in the live chat sold it like a pro, incidentally - but ECW has done well out of the draft. The big loser is Smackdown, which has lost HHH and gained... Kane and Rey Mysterio who only left the show last year. Matt Hardy joined SD two months ago and is gone already, but the switch of CM Punk is great for the blue brand.

Ziggler and Morrison... that would be horrible. But work at the same time. Oh, the possibilities. :(

Horrible in that it'd be a career stall for both men? `cause the two of them standing in the corner of the arena going "Hi, I'm Dolph Ziggler ..."

"And I'm the Shaman of Sexy ..."

"Yes, but ... I'm Dolph Ziggler ..."

"And I am the Guru of Greatness ..."

Limitless! :p

Not an abysmal supplemental draft. All in all they lost just 1 tag team. ECW was the big winner here winning the Hurricane, Zeke and a potential Hert Foundation Reunion which would pwn.

I agree with this. They have Zeke to build up like Kingston and Punk and Swagger before him, Helms as another potential boost upward, a la Matt Hardy and to a lesser extent, Kane and Henry, and the rebuilding of the Foundation, which would be awesome. And the opportunity for Vladimir to hone his skills, and become a dominating force is also there.

I still wish tBK went to ECW, as there's more opportunity there, but that's for selfish reasons (as I like Kendrick, whereas the`E doesn't seem to.)

Jericho and Punk easily make up for that. :D The big loser is Raw, who managed to cop back Big Bad Trips to the A brand, ready to feed us another run-on World title story between him, Cena, Orton and Batista, it's doubtful if HBK or Show will even get a cinch at it(even though HBK has little chance of winning it anyway).

SmackDown! has easily the most talented main-event scene in years.

Carlito hasn't been interesting in 5 years and Primo has too little a personality to be on the "premiere brand". The identical twins who can't work and have zero personality shouldn't have been drafted to RAW. Those two stunk up the joint enough on SD, and now they're on the most watched show of the three? They should have put them on ECW with Nattie and Katie Lea so they could learn how to work. Michelle, Jillian, Taker and Cena should have switched places. RAW is stacked with too many babyface main eventers. At least with Taker he works a limited schedule.

SmackDown! has easily the most talented main-event scene in years.

That is true. We may be seeing another 02-04 Smackdown. They have the talent and enough youth in it to grow.

haha i missed it from work and just saw it.

go go john morrision. man, there's some good fueds for him there. Him vs rey should be a spot monkey's dream.

I already creamed myself at the thought of this match.

Archived