April DOTM nominations

RULES please read I have made a small change

1. You have 3 votes to either nominate or 2nd, 1 for each category

(The TigerKinney Rule)

You may substitute your Real World and Cornellverse nomination or 2nd between the two. The Rookie Vote must go to a Rookie Diary Category or be left unused

2. you may not nominate or 2nd yourself

3. All nominations need to be seconded to make the voting round

4. All nominations must include a reason

5. Real World & Cornellverse: must have at least
    shows, with at least
    4 show minimum this month, with 2 nomination, less than that requires a third nomination by a previous nominee, and 1 show is at mods discretion only

6. Rookie DOTM:any diary started since the first of the prior month -March 1st- (none diary threads are no longer eligible)

7. You CAN nominate the the winners from last month's Rookie Category to the full awards regardless of start date (fFINsher's "CGC: "That's Entertainment", The DeColt Tragedy")

8. You can NOT nominate iMac's "WWE: The Next Generation"

9. You can NOT nominate BigPapa 42's "SWF Generation Supreme"

10. If you are the first to nominate some one you must tell me how many shows they have run this month
    [/b]

2nd* - means that the diary has been seconded so that you do not waste your vote, or fail to 2nd a diary you want to see put up for diary of the month

Real World DOTM nominee's:

• 2nd* dse81's "The New NWA" - 7 shows
  • 2nd* SasoreGatame's "World Wrestling Entertainment 2009 - Let's Do This" - 16 shows

Cornellverse DOTM nominee's:

• 2nd* Phantom Stranger's "Philly Power Pro Wrestling: Dangerous Dreams [C-Verse '97]" - 8 shows
  • 2nd* James Casey's "MAW: 10 Simple Rules..." - 7 shows
  • 2nd* Angeldelayette's "USPW: Road Toward National" - 16 shows
  • 3rd* Tigerkinney's "Puerto Rican Self Preservation Society: Version 2.0 (Cornellverse) - 2 shows"
  • 2nd* Self's "Cverse Draft 2009: Frontier Combat Kingdom"
  • 2nd* FINisher's "CGC: That's Entertainment, the De Colt Tragedy"
  • Haloed's "PCWA: Get Born Again"

Rookie DOTM nominee's:

• 2nd* Eisen-verse's "The X-WA || "An Act of Vengeance for The Fallen Angel""
  • 2nd* ya it's me'S "WCW:Phoenix From The Ashes"
  • 2nd* Derek B's: "SWF Entertainment for the masses"
  • 2nd* TheFinalCountdown's "Ring of Honor-We Don't Imitate...We Innovate (2002)"

Nominations will be open until April 30th (9 pm Eastern)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Small change? You doubled the requirements. That like RAW going from a 4.0 to an 8.0. That's not small. I really need to go through and see which diaries even qualify.

On an side note, I don't know why you said we could vote for FINsher's "CGC: "That's Entertainment", The DeColt Tragedy." It doesn't meet the 8 show requirement.

I have but one nomination to make, the only diary I'm reading. Eisen-Verse's XWA diary. I guess fo C-Verse diary, although this is his firs diary and it could be rookie diary but I can never remember the rules on that.

I'll second it, since it's a slam dunk. So good.

And it qualifies for the Rookie diary since it started in March (late March, but still March) and wasn't a part of that month's Rookie DOTM poll. :D

On an side note, I don't know why you said we could vote for FINsher's "CGC: "That's Entertainment", The DeColt Tragedy." It doesn't meet the 8 show requirement.

Wait a minute. Week 1-4 TV + PPV = 5 shows from January (in-game) + 1 February = 6 shows. So I just need to get two shows done this month and I'll be in? I already have the bones for the next two shows, which are TV from week 2 and PPV from week 3 of February. I'll do those before the month ends and I'm in? :o

Well since I am working on slam dunks, I'll nominate Philly Power Pro Wrestling: Dangerous Dreams [C-Verse '97], who just took PPPW to Cult and got a nice PPV deal.

Wait a minute. Week 1-4 TV + PPV = 5 shows from January (in-game) + 1 February = 6 shows. So I just need to get two shows done this month and I'll be in? I already have the bones for the next two shows, which are TV from week 2 and PPV from week 3 of February. I'll do those before the month ends and I'm in? :o

I think. Mistaken, whether or not the changes remain final I think that you should start nominations on the 1st of the new month. That way we don't have to guess if a diary qualifies or not.

I'll second it, since it's a slam dunk. So good.

And it qualifies for the Rookie diary since it started in March (late March, but still March) and wasn't a part of that month's Rookie DOTM poll. :D

Yes he ran 2 shows in march and a whopping 8 shows in April.

It's mistaken's call, but generally the number of post doesn't matter. For example, NEO won the diary of the month award in February. Now Eisen's put in a TON more into his diary than I didn't, but that said my NEO diary spanned from Jan '08 to Mar '09 in the month of February.

It's mistaken's call, but generally the number of post doesn't matter. For example, NEO won the diary of the month award in February. Now Eisen's put in a TON more into his diary than I didn't, but that said my NEO diary spanned from Jan '08 to Mar '09 in the month of February.

Number of posts or shows? Ehh. I mean.. Diaries are so different. Not taking anything away from other diaries but the layout and the show reports on my diary are looooong.. Being foreigner and not speaking english as my first language it probably takes me .. 5-7 hours to completely write an event + the actual move into the forum format with all the pictures and the layout itself. Now that I counted the shows it seems amazing that I have just done 6 shows as it feels that I have done way more. I could have done over 20 BBW or WEXXV shows in the same time what I have used doing the 6 CGC shows. Plus I've done a lot more material into my diary; Interviews, previews, etc.

Number of posts or shows? Ehh. I mean.. Diaries are so different. Not taking anything away from other diaries but the layout and the show reports on my diary are looooong.. Being foreigner and not speaking english as my first language it probably takes me .. 5-7 hours to completely write an event + the actual move into the forum format with all the pictures and the layout itself. Now that I counted the shows it seems amazing that I have just done 6 shows as it feels that I have done way more. I could have done over 20 BBW or WEXXV shows in the same time what I have used doing the 6 CGC shows. Plus I've done a lot more material into my diary; Interviews, previews, etc.

You are preaching to the choir my online friend.

4 shows eh... Is there a "backstage RP/storyline progression" to "show" ratio?

Maybe 4:1 (so 4 non-show but diary-forwarding posts can = 1 show) maybe allow you to cash that in once, so you could have 3 shows and 4 story posts = 4 shows?

edit:

You are preaching to the choir my online friend.

But the higher quality posts should hopefully result in better voting. I know I give kudo points to good formats.

edit 2:

For April Rookie I'll nom derek_b's SWF post. Have to think about my 2 c-verse ones.

dse81 - The New NWA

7 shows this month (by my count) and a consistantly good diary that is regularly updated with quality shows

SasoreGatame - World Wrestling Entertainment 2009 - Let's Do This

Posted a mamoth 16 shows this month, and while they lack detail, his progression of storylines is always interesting, and any thread with Evan Bourne as WWE Champion has to be good.

Rookie Nom

ya it's me - WCW:Phoenix From The Ashes

Started mid March and has 4 shows since then. Slowly building the WCW brand back up, and with Hogan on the mic and HBK pushing for the main event, this one looks good already.

Hopefully I've done this right... :o

Small change? You doubled the requirements. That like RAW going from a 4.0 to an 8.0. That's not small. I really need to go through and see which diaries even qualify.

IT IS a small change, in that you can still write just 2 shows and get in, you just need three nominations now instead of two. Next i followed the over whelming majority in making the best compromise decision. (see below for more detail)

has a week to post two more shows, if he does not then you are correct he will not be eligible for cornellverse DOTM, but it will not be his rookie status standing in the way. which is why he is mentioned as eligible in rules

you post up one show that is worth DOTM, and you get 2 people to second, I fully promise to give it a read and qualify it. If it really is that good, I really want to read it!

I think. Mistaken, whether or not the changes remain final I think that you should start nominations on the 1st of the new month. That way we don't have to guess if a diary qualifies or not.

due to schedule conflict that has happened before, and the out comes have been the diaries that had a strong month last month, got overlooked for the flavor of the current month.

thank you for the show count!

Fin, the following is not directed at you, but I am using your post to make my point.

if picaso can paint a master piece in ten minutes, and it takes me 10 hours to produce something my own mother won't hang on the refrigerator should I still qualify for museum entry due to how long it took me?

DOTM is not about quantity or quality exclusively. it is about a Consitently high level of achievment, that peaked this month. we have several master craftsmen here! if one puts up 3 shows and the other 5, it may be a toss up who had the better diary. but 1 quality show, is probably not going to out shine 6 great shows. This is not best show of the month it is best diary of the month.

again FIN, please don't take this as aimed at you, you are a great writer with consistent quality. and it is even more remarkable given that English is your second language.

Why complicate matters? If you think a particular diary was the best your read in April, nominate it. Simple as that.

Dead right! and if others agree they will second the nomination, just please include show count if you are the first to nominate.

I'll second Phantom Stranger's PPPW, and throw a nomination in for James Casey's MAW.

show count for MAW?

dse81 - The New NWA

7 shows this month (by my count) and a consistantly good diary that is regularly updated with quality shows

SasoreGatame - World Wrestling Entertainment 2009 - Let's Do This

Posted a mamoth 16 shows this month, and while they lack detail, his progression of storylines is always interesting, and any thread with Evan Bourne as WWE Champion has to be good.

Rookie Nom

ya it's me - WCW:Phoenix From The Ashes

Started mid March and has 4 shows since then. Slowly building the WCW brand back up, and with Hogan on the mic and HBK pushing for the main event, this one looks good already.

Hopefully I've done this right... :o

Perfect post, show count is not as important for rookie, as it is a motivator to keep young diaries alive!

Let's see how a month with these standards go. If it doesn't work, I'm sure mistaken will be open to changing it.

I would have seconded PS's PPPW, but got beat to it - I'll have to get reading in the next few days.

this month is a trial run, judging from the back lash, next month will more than likely return to the old rules just keep form causing more problems than this is worth.

Archived