Diary Preview Thread

Any input/feedback/suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm not sure what we should do, John. We're a sinking ship right now" Vibert was far from optimistic about the future of DaVE. "I'll be honest, we've got some amazing talents. James, Peak, Minnesota, Bach, Finch, Barrowman, Acid, Art Reed, Laramee, they've all got bright futures ahead of them but their future isn't likely to be with DaVE. I'd like to keep them here but when you've got SWF and TCW showing interest, it's too hard"

"I hate to agree with you, Phil, but you're right. And it's not just the big two that are looking at our talent. I hear that DeColt wants to take Tyler back CGC for one final run there and that Sam Strong has sent feelers out to Chris Caulfield about joining USPW" Nemesis shared Vibert's worries and the future for DaVE was looking bleak.

"You think we should just call it a day? Close the doors and take a break from the business?" Vibert asked. Never had the question been asked before but DaVE had became the victim of circumstance. Oppurtunities for their top talent were being presented and both men knew in their heart of hearts that it wouldn't be right to stand in their way.

"That's one option, but we shouldn't be hasty. Let's speak to the guys first, share our concerns and see where we go from there"

So, they did. Vibert and Nemesis arranged a meeting the very next day with the entire roster. They voiced their concerns and made everybody aware of the fact that they were considering calling it a day. As expected, some people spoke up of their desires to move on to bigger and better things. Brandon James was the first to do so.

"I ain't gonna lie, boss, both SWF and TCW have had their people reach out to me. And, I gotta be honest, it would be difficult to turn either company down. I'd appreciate it if you let me talk to them" said James. Even though he was talking about a better future for himself a certain amount of remorse could be detected in his tone.

"We've spoke about this before Brandon, and you know that I think you're the future of this company. But, I'm not going to be the one to stand in your way. You've got a chance at the big-time, at becoming a superstar. If you want to talk to SWF or TCW then you have my blessing" Vibert was resigned to losing Brandon, but there was more. Brandon's admission was the catalyst for others to speak up. Joey Minnesota said that TCW had shown some interest in him and that, given the chance, he'd like to speak to them. Sammy Bach was next to speak out on his desire to join TCW, followed by Guide and Scout, The New Wave. Kurt Laramee spoke up and told Vibert that SWF had showed some interest in him and said that joining them would be a 'dream come true.'

Over the next few weeks, DaVE lost Brandon James who signed a contract with SWF, choosing them over TCW after RIchard EIsen offered big bucks as well as creative control, proof of how valuable Brandon would be to any promotion. They also snapped up Kurt Laramee and Jack Giedroyc. TCW also landed their men with Joey Minnesota, Sammy Bach and The New Wave all saying farewell to DaVE. But, it wasn't all bad news as a number of DaVE's top talents remained loyal to the company...

First, TCW came in for Eddie Peak and requested talks with him. Vibert told Peak he was free to speak to TCW about a move but Peak told Vibert he had no desire to leave DaVE. This prompted Vibert to hold contracts talks with Eddie Peak. After a few days of discussion, Peak signed a new deal with DaVE. Peak's loyality to Vibert and DaVE resulted in a number of workers turning down deals elsewhere to remain loyal to DaVE. Eric Tyler rejected a move to CGC and Chris Caulfield turned down a move to USPW. WLW came in for Art Reed and Acid, offering them both touring contracts but after seeing DaVE's top-three stars stay on, the followed suit. And finally, 'The Lone Wolf' Shawn Gonzalez. Not only did he agree to stay with DaVE but he persuaded close friend and legend on the Puerto Rican scene, Puerto Rican Power, to join the company in a bid to fill some of the gaps left by Brandon James and co.

Although DaVE suffered big losses, it wasn't the end. They still had a number of top talents on their cards and were strengthened further with the addition of Puerto Rican Power. As well as Power, DaVE went on to sign a number of talented workers over the months including: Jack Marlowe, Omar Brown, Grease Hogg, Lead Belly, Remmy Skye and Frankie Perez. One final addition was made in the form of Nemesis' son, Ash Campbell. The remaineder of 2007 saw DaVE slowly work it's way out of the demise it had faced and although it was obvious they'd lost some of their best talent they continued. Many hope and even predict that 2008 will be the year that DaVE starts to rise again, and only time will tell whether DaVE will survive.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

So, from the events above, here's what did and didn't happen:

PSW was not formed

FCW was not formed

James, Giedroyc and Laramee joined SWF

Minnesota, Bach and The New Wave joined TCW

Peak, Caulfield, Tyler, Reed, Acid and Gonzalez stayed with DaVE, along with those who would've ended up with PSW or FCW

Puerto Rican Power joined DaVE

Jack Marlowe, Omar Brown, The Dirty White Boyz, Frankie Perez, Remmy Skye and Ash Campbell joined DaVE

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Solid. The one change I woud make (if possible) would be to leave FCW as it was, with Gonzales booking but still under contract to DaVE.

Are Knuckles and Shady K available? Or are they still under contract to SWF at the start of the game? I always felt that adding them to PSW/DaVE would liven up the tag division.

Solid. The one change I woud make (if possible) would be to leave FCW as it was, with Gonzales booking but still under contract to DaVE.

Are Knuckles and Shady K available? Or are they still under contract to SWF at the start of the game? I always felt that adding them to PSW/DaVE would liven up the tag division.

Sure, I can't see why not FCW can't stay. My only concern is would FCW have happened if DaVE had survived? Were PSW and FCW not created in a bid to fill the gap left by DaVE?

And, as for Knuckles & Shady K, they'd suite DaVE but not sure how I could work them into the story.

Well, I don't remember what Power was doing in '07 (TCW?), but his forming his own promotion doesn't have to be related to DaVE's failure - it seems like a given, based on how over he is there. Giving the two a working relationship would make sense as well, especially if they're likely to share talent.

Oh, and push Ash Campbell - because he doesn't deserve it, but Nemesis would expect it...

Well, I don't remember what Power was doing in '07 (TCW?), but his forming his own promotion doesn't have to be related to DaVE's failure - it seems like a given, based on how over he is there. Giving the two a working relationship would make sense as well, especially if they're likely to share talent.

Oh, and push Ash Campbell - because he doesn't deserve it, but Nemesis would expect it...

I guess that does make sense. Plus, that would mean Gonzalez and Power could appear in DaVE as well as FCW. Out of interest, is there anybody else in FCW who used to work for DaVE?

I guess that does make sense. Plus, that would mean Gonzalez and Power could appear in DaVE as well as FCW. Out of interest, is there anybody else in FCW who used to work for DaVE?

The Latino Kings: Galindo, Chavez, Velasquez. The referee Ryan Holland and Carl Batch, the manager.

That's a much better idea. Is it believable that Eddie Peak, Chris Caulfield, Eric Tyler, Alex Braun and J D Morgan don't end up leaving? So James, Giedroyc and Laramee still go to SWF. Minnesota, Bach and The New Wave still head to TCW. PSW doesn't happen so DaVE keep Braun, Morgan and whoever else ended up in PSW.

And what about FCW? Would that have happened if DaVE hadn't have went under? If not, who would remain at DaVE?

And there's plenty of scope for creating new stars. Sayeed Ali would be a must sign, as would Larry Wood (for me, at least) Ash Campbell would be somebody who Nemesis would definitely bring in and try to mould into a star. Then I'd have Frankie Perez (I think his still style could work out in DaVE) and Remmy Skye (insane, hardcore ladder matches?)

The more I think about this idea, the more I like it.

I've claimed a few times that I'm an "ideas"... and every so often, one of those ideas I have isn't too bad. Glad you like it.

I would say that stay group is pretty solid. What about Johnny Martin? I guess the important way to look about it is could you justify why each of those would still be there. If Vibert went into the locker room at the low point, and told everyone he had to cut some of the bigger contracts to save money, who would have the most motivation to stay? Caufield is loyal to Vibert, as are Martin, Peak, and Gonzalez. Tyler, Braun, and Morgan are all older and would therefore be a bit less likely to catch on with a bigger promotion. You could also justify Peak with the idea that his style isn't suited to the bigger promotions as well (I think it is, but still...).

Can't really disagree with the signings. I would also try to add a couple of the less-talented and/or cheap workers. Remember, finances are supposed to be an issue here. So guys like Jack Griffith and Travis Century could get spots. Plus some of the lesser talent that PSW has - Little Bill Lebowski, Brimstone, etc. You don't want to over-inflate the roster, but one or two of those type of workers could keep readers from feeling like you're stacking your odds of success.

Shady K and Knuckles are not available, though you could certainly justify them having left. Maybe put The Dirty White Boyz back with Supreme and re-write history so that Death Row were the duo released? You could even have some backstory to it - Death Row got into a legit feud with Big Smack Scott, Eisen sided with BSS after a fight, and Shady K knocked Eisen out... Bam, you not only have a big reason they left, but a fun "fact" that they would throw out there all the time.

And I definitely agree that Ash Campbell should be pushed. That would make for some fun backstory and backstage segments. Maybe even have tension between Nemesis and Ash - the kid wants to make it on his own, with his father's help, but Nemesis can't help but use his power to help the kid out.

I've claimed a few times that I'm an "ideas"... and every so often, one of those ideas I have isn't too bad. Glad you like it.

I would say that stay group is pretty solid. What about Johnny Martin? I guess the important way to look about it is could you justify why each of those would still be there. If Vibert went into the locker room at the low point, and told everyone he had to cut some of the bigger contracts to save money, who would have the most motivation to stay? Caufield is loyal to Vibert, as are Martin, Peak, and Gonzalez. Tyler, Braun, and Morgan are all older and would therefore be a bit less likely to catch on with a bigger promotion. You could also justify Peak with the idea that his style isn't suited to the bigger promotions as well (I think it is, but still...).

Can't really disagree with the signings. I would also try to add a couple of the less-talented and/or cheap workers. Remember, finances are supposed to be an issue here. So guys like Jack Griffith and Travis Century could get spots. Plus some of the lesser talent that PSW has - Little Bill Lebowski, Brimstone, etc. You don't want to over-inflate the roster, but one or two of those type of workers could keep readers from feeling like you're stacking your odds of success.

Shady K and Knuckles are not available, though you could certainly justify them having left. Maybe put The Dirty White Boyz back with Supreme and re-write history so that Death Row were the duo released? You could even have some backstory to it - Death Row got into a legit feud with Big Smack Scott, Eisen sided with BSS after a fight, and Shady K knocked Eisen out... Bam, you not only have a big reason they left, but a fun "fact" that they would throw out there all the time.

And I definitely agree that Ash Campbell should be pushed. That would make for some fun backstory and backstage segments. Maybe even have tension between Nemesis and Ash - the kid wants to make it on his own, with his father's help, but Nemesis can't help but use his power to help the kid out.

I'm gonna stick with The Dirty White Boyz. I think their characters will be more fun to book and at somepoint, write for.

As for Johnny Martin, isn't he with PSW? The way I'm spinning this is that if DaVE survived then PSW wouldn't have been created, so by default Martin would still be part of DaVE.

Travis Century and Jack Griffith would indeed be great signings for DaVE. I was also thinking about Larry Wood and Dazzling Dave Diamond. Not sure what it is about Diamond but I really love his character and have longed to push him as a Stone Cold-esque type worker.

If I do turn this into a diary then I'm defintely incorporating the "Vibert went into the locker room at the low point, and told everyone he had to cut some of the bigger contracts to save money" bit :D

I'm gonna stick with The Dirty White Boyz. I think their characters will be more fun to book and at somepoint, write for.

As for Johnny Martin, isn't he with PSW? The way I'm spinning this is that if DaVE survived then PSW wouldn't have been created, so by default Martin would still be part of DaVE.

Travis Century and Jack Griffith would indeed be great signings for DaVE. I was also thinking about Larry Wood and Dazzling Dave Diamond. Not sure what it is about Diamond but I really love his character and have longed to push him as a Stone Cold-esque type worker.

If I do turn this into a diary then I'm defintely incorporating the "Vibert went into the locker room at the low point, and told everyone he had to cut some of the bigger contracts to save money" bit :D

It was mentioned that Griffith came into DAVE in it's dying days, so he'd definitely be in a still-alive DAVE

Likewise, Travis Century is someone who has caught on towards the end of DAVE's lifespan and is someone who would probably still relish the chance to have fun in DAVE. And if you look in the alt thread there are some nice alts for a small apocalyptic group based on Century, Hell's Bouncer (Alpha) and Sayeed Ali (Omega) that you could have fun with. :)

Was just checking about Martin, as you mentioned Morgan and Braun but not him.

The "Vibert d-day" thing could become a major piece of DaVE lore in a diary, I think. Not that it has to be, but it would be fun to write it that way. A turning point in the promotions history. Make it seem as big as the Nemesis-Cornell brawl was in the SWF - everything changed after. Even though it would be past event, it could still be a central point in a diary - some fans hate Vibert for it, because it allowed their favorites to leave. I've always felt a key to writing a past event like that is to refer to it often, but slowly reveal the details of exactly what happened. Give the reader a little bit a time, so they want more.

Here's my question related to anyone making a DAVE Diary: Why didn't the big two pick up Johnny Martin, especially TCW? He's solid enough in performance skills, and has enough Star Quality (unlike Alex Braun and JD Morgan) to make it big. Other than his Resilience, I can't see much holding him back.

Here's my question related to anyone making a DAVE Diary: Why didn't the big two pick up Johnny Martin, especially TCW? He's solid enough in performance skills, and has enough Star Quality (unlike Alex Braun and JD Morgan) to make it big. Other than his Resilience, I can't see much holding him back.

I just see him as a die-hard hardcore indy guy, the kind who'd never step up unless he absolutely had to in some way. Like an ultra hard-line Tommy Dreamer.

Maybe he's like Steve Flash in a sense. Great skills, good guy, but never got the opportunity.

Maybe he's like Steve Flash in a sense. Great skills, good guy, but never got the opportunity.

I like that comparison (and Steve Flash) but Steve Flash is WAY better in the ring, AND has much lower star star quality. Never getting a chance seems to fit, though.

It could as simple as family. Joining TCW or SWF would mean relocating and/or travelling more. Perhaps he's a family man who dosen't want to be away from his family for extended periods. Working with the likes of DAVE and PSW means he's doesn't have to.

So... who here, like me, has loads of 'really great storyline ideas', but never has enough to keep a diary going for any length of time? Are you the sort of person who starts writing a dynasty on the strength of one 'really cool feud', and then realises they've forgotten about the rest of the promotion and you don't have any ideas for them at all?

Or maybe you really like a certain group of wrestlers in a promotion, but can't think of anything for certain others to do?

I'm tired of all of the above, so I've come up with an idea. It's been done before in various forms, I know, but with a bit of organisation and thought it can work. The idea is, we have one Head Booker (me, merely because I'm the one posting this, not because I'm "better" than anyone else) and several other writers on a 'creative team'.

Each person takes one storyline and concentrates on that, writing all the segments required for it for each show as we go along, rather than an entire show by him/herself. The Head Booker's main job is to actually sim through the physical game, and compile and post all the segments each week, as well as doing his own storyline and sorting out the 'filler' matches and segments.

I'd set up a forum where we can post ideas and iron things out, and discuss upcoming events/cards/storylines, etc.

The promotion will be TCW, because A, it's where most of my ideas lie, and B, unless I've missed something nobody's really taken hold of TCW and created a memorable long-running dynasty (JSilver made USPW his own, James Casey did it with MAW, Monkeypox with DaVE, etc... nobody's really done it with TCW yet...).

For example:

I might have an idea for a feud involving Eddie Peak and Ricky Dale Johnson, so I'd 'claim' those two wrestlers for the duration of my storyline (anyone wishing to use them would have to ask me, since for this storyline they're 'my' workers, just as if they were my characters in an e-fed). Meanwhile, Poster X might be working on a Chance Fortune vs. Freddy Huggins storyline, so Fortune, Huggins and Laura Huggins would all be 'claimed' by him for that period. Someone else would 'claim' the main event storyline, and so on.

The way I envision it, there'd be no set 'team'... if you have an idea, and nobody's using the wrestlers you want to use and there's space on the TV shows to run it... PM me the basic outline, send me the storyline file you want to use in TEW and I'll give you the forum password so you can run with it. Although I would like a core of writers to stick around so that there's some continuity... It doesn't really matter how many writers we have on the team, since you'll only know the basic story outlines (to make sure we don't have the same basic story running twice at the same time!) the actual content will be new to you when you read it in the dynasty. So in a way, even people on the team will be 'readers'.

If you run out of ideas, simply leave it up to the rest of the team until you get a new one.. simple.

The only restriction would be, I would like the quality of writing to be quite high. Not Shakespeare or anything, but all promos will need to be written out properly. Matches need to be scaled to their importance (a five minute squash will only get a few lines, whereas an A* main event will need a bit more fleshing out).

Signings and firings will be voted on on the forum, as will other things like turns and gimmick changes.

Who's with me? :D

Agreed - the chance to use Joey Minnesota would rock so for that at least I can think of some cool stuff for him, Chance, Sammy and Edd. Alternatively, I had some fun ideas for a Monster's Ball storyline where the bigger workers who don't necessarily start out with an immediate storyline would all fight each other in a series of matches to see who end up no.1 contender.

Archived