2K9-Verse

oh ****ing hell

Just 'cos you don't like my diary's doesn't mean a mod by me will be bad. If you really will cry at night because I am making one then I will abort just so you don't have to cry yourself to sleep tonight.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_sffxVEJDuNA/SCwGuOJOTLI/AAAAAAAAAMM/CPmWvfs797Y/s400/coathanger.jpg

I won't lie. I LOL'd.

There has already been at least one mod where users have submitted their characters. That's not to say another wouldn't work, but you might get limited responses. If you're adamant about making a mod you should put together a substantial amount of your own creative input before fishing around for help.

My co-workers must think I'm nuts as I just sit there laughing at a picture of a coat hangar.

While I was in college i played EVE online (spaceship MMO) with the Something Awful Goons. One of our epic missions was to destroy an enemy mega-ship that was under construction. If you blow up the docks, you blow up the ship that they invested billions of in-game money and months of RL time into.

It was called Operation Coathangar...

How can something so wrong make me laugh so hard?

Dude, seriously.

Do you realise that you opened a thread, telling that you will create a mod but ask everyone else submit the characters. Why don't YOU do all the work.

And on another note, doing a mod will take time and countless hours of work. You can't even do a proper diary to begin with. Sorry for me being straightforward but you are just lost.

How about this character:

Code Anger

He'll be a rip-roaring veteran brawler not afraid of using risky gimmicks :D

Strong as metal, twisted like a hook, he'll stand in the way of the next generation of stars. If they want to make it to the big times, they'll have to get past him!

How about this character:

Code Anger

He'll be a rip-roaring veteran brawler not afraid of using risky gimmicks :D

Strong as metal, twisted like a hook, he'll stand in the way of the next generation of stars. If they want to make it to the big times, they'll have to get past him!

Also has a fantastic collection of un-creased jackets? :D

Enough.

If I had mod powers I'd close this. If you don't like what SWF2K9 is doing then don't bother posting. And if you have something to say to him then do so via PM. Bashing someone in a thread in a non-constructive manner isn't cool.

Enough.

If I had mod powers I'd close this. If you don't like what SWF2K9 is doing then don't bother posting. And if you have something to say to him then do so via PM. Bashing someone in a thread in a non-constructive manner isn't cool.

seconded. SWF2K9 is just a little too over-eager. He just needs to devote himself to one aspect of the game.

This level of ridicule is just wrong.

I apologize, both to SWF2k9 and the other board members. I got a little carried away with a rather tasteless joke because for some twisted reason I find just about everything funny.

But what good is an apology without actions to stand behind it.

2k9verse is fine, but look first to other existing examples, namely the GDS-verse where users submit characters and promotions based upon an established set of rules.

Having a rule-less "user submission mod" is fine, but we need a starting point. Look at crayon's "OVER 9000" mod. He's accepting user inputs and people are submitting ideas because they have an idea of what the mod is about (anime & comic book characters).

Now I don't want to discourage you from posting anymore, but I am noticing a pattern. You'll post a half-formed idea and then the trolls in our cold, bitter hearts jump out to attack. But the best defense against the trolls and goons lurking in the shadow is a well formed idea. If you post something solid, something that truly adds to the forums then nobody will be able to dump in the threads.

So take this, for example. You posted that you were starting a mod and looking for user ideas. Great! The world needs more mods. But you didn't add anything beyond that.

Instead of posting "I have an idea." wait and completely form that idea. Then you can post "I have an idea. I will be doing X, Y, and Z, and will need A, B and C from anyone else willing to do it. I will be completing this mod approximately ##### days/months/weeks/years from now. This mod will cover Scenario's $# (ahh, unix).

And (most importantly) the purpose is to.... [fill in the blank]

restart

I'd like to start again, I forgive you all for the harsh comments.

2K9-Verse

The 2K9-Verse is a fictional database, With every kind of talent, from High-flying Superheroes to Talented people with great Technique. It is set in the year 2009 and will be released within a year. (subject to change.) This will be a side-hobby, with me doing 3-10 workers a day. Anyone want to do Beta?

Q: How do you start with the wrestlers? best to last or A to Z?

Edit: Errr..... For when I finish.... how do I post the mod? :D

Personally, I'd start with your own creations and add enough of those for the gameworld to have something to exist on. Once you've got a solid base from your own creations then I'd start looking for some from other sources... I'd then create a standard form for us to use to contribute workers with. You can either go the complete stats submission route (though that tends to mean everyone you get has GOD level stats) or something similar to this.

Worker Submission Form

Name:

Short Name:

Date of Birth:

Wrestling Style:

Bio:

From that (or maybe a slightly more detailed one) you can then create stats around the basic ideas you are given, which should eliminate the issue that most multi-person contributed mods end up with when everyone wants their worker to be the sexiest, most charismatic, most talented, MMA crossover competitor in the world who also happens to be a great referee and be dating 5 supermodels at the same time. :)

And as mentioned, completed databases have a tendency to get uploaded to bobinc.net though having a secondary place to download on somewhere like Sendspace is always a good plan. And remember to keep a back up of your files somewhere safe, just in case something goes horribly wrong with your computer and you lose everything.

poor form on the part of a few people I'd expect better of in this thread :-/

SWF, always use the Cornellverse as a way of assessing your mod's playability. Test a lot, at every step of the way, so that the world remains balanced. No point in having a global fed with a roster full of rubbish who just raid the smaller feds every time, or a lucha fed with a roster of super heavyweight psycopaths...

Might also want to consider putting in a couple of weeks work and putting together a fed or two and then starting a new hype thread so there's no wading through two pages of bickering and sub-adolescent humour to find out what the mod's about.

Good luck!

poor form on the part of a few people I'd expect better of in this thread :-/

I know I know...

Anyway, I'd say that BEFORE you add your first worker or promotion, try and figure out the global picture.

For example, in the Cverse you have the "Big Two" feds of America fighting each other. You have the Cult Feds nipping at their heels (DaVE which was extreme hardcore, USPW which is the exact opposite route of family friendly 80's style).

In Japan you have even more top contenders....

Anyway, there's really 2 reasons to pick up a mod (from a player's perspective).

1) The characters involved. crayons is a good example as people will pick it up to wrestle Superman vs. Wonder Woman or whatever is in their heads.

2) Compelling "universe" Whether it be the Eff-verse's "organic" nature (where he simmed 1 wrestler and 1 promotion over 80 years to create a full fledged world, organically).

If you just create a bunch of hodge-podge feds and characters, it'll get pretty boring. Create stories with workers and feds that span across the promotion, maybe even the globe. Look at NOTBPW, there are Stones in Canada, US, and Japan.

The real world is a good starting point, same with the C-verse. Take the ideas and mash them together, spread them apart again and see what you have. But throughout it all, try and be realistic. Mainstream Sports Entertainment is generally more popular then pure technical, quasi-MMA, or garbage hardcore feds.

One interesting idea is to flip the gender stereotypes. Make it predominantly a women's wrestling scene with men's promotions relegated to "niche" markets.

While I was in college i played EVE online (spaceship MMO) with the Something Awful Goons.

Guess who else posts there :D

To start, I'd set up the main storylines and global tensions - TCW vs SWF is the biggest one in the CVerse and gives you some pre-built targets. Come up with something like that, then build the characters around that would suit.

Archived