nba and wwe at odds.....

Franchise22

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haha, that's hilarious. I thought I'd heard the same thing about the Hornets early in the playoffs, but I haven't really been following with the schedule. And "the game can't be moved" is bs...the first round of the NBA playoffs takes 2 weeks because the league has two teams take 3 days when they are playing the same city. Further, the NHL had to move a Penguins/Caps game last series up a day (played back to back -- staying in the same city), a more anticipated series that this will ever be, because of a YANNI concert. Seriously, if Yanni can trump a more anticipated series than this, I'm sure WWE can (and should) too.

hey this ain't vinnys fault, guess the owner of the nuggets should learn to use his out look calendar a little better. :D

Whats crazy is (from espn.com):

" .... Zimmerman said the Pepsi Center confirmed in March with the WWE that the organization wanted to keep the May 25 date, and sent a contract on April 15 -- the final night of the regular season -- which WWE signed and returned. Tickets went on sale April 11."

Talk about not having ANY confidence in your team...

I was gonna say they can always do a filler show.

It seems like Vince and the WWE are going to get a pretty nice deal out of this since the arena owner will either breach the contract or work something out giving them a great deal next time they come.

If I was Vince, I'd tell the Nuggets to get bent...if the arena breached my contract, I'd sue the **** out of them and then NEVER come back to Denver again...ever, all while making sure the fans in Denver knew exactly why they'll never see live WWE events.

Well hasn't RAW been cancelled before? Or not shown rather? They'll just run a clip show or something to that effect.

Don't think so, unless you count those Best of Raws/Tribute Troops, I guess..

It happened that one time when that one guy did something really bad, but the WWE didn't know how bad yet. Though that is nothing like what is happening now. Just saying a Live Raw has been canceled and then replaced with a clip show.

As of 10:15ish eastern time today: WWE bumped from Pepsi Center by the Nuggets. No contingency plan in place as of yet.

A more in depth article in the Denver Post is here: http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_12399761?source=rss

And to avoid a double post, no sound, but saw the clip at work of Coach interviewing Vince McMahon over the scheduling conflict. The video is in the ESPN story about the scheduling conflict on espn.com.

And to avoid a double post, no sound, but saw the clip at work of Coach interviewing Vince McMahon over the scheduling conflict. The video is in the ESPN story about the scheduling conflict on espn.com.

Am I the only one who noticed that he said World Wrestling Federation in that interview?

Who did, Coach? or Vince?

I think they can say World Wrestling Federation, but not WWF.

I believe Larry King made mention of World Wrestling Federation Entertainment (in the build up to WM24 when he had a group of wrestlers & Vince in studio).

Isn't that MVP? :D

The SmackDown! jersey he wore when he faced Matt Hardy in that basketball challenge was phenomenal. I really hope they have it on sale somewhere.

Getting off-topic, but aye. I guess I forgot about that one, masterded. Eh well. I wonder what exactly they'll hype on WWE Superstars.

Who did, Coach? or Vince?

I think they can say World Wrestling Federation, but not WWF.

I believe Larry King made mention of World Wrestling Federation Entertainment (in the build up to WM24 when he had a group of wrestlers & Vince in studio).

Vince did, I wasn't aware that they were 'allowed' to though.

Archived