nba and wwe at odds.....

Franchise22

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ya, so we can have the WWE center, and the Nuggets can move to Stamford and be renamed the Stamford Sports-Entertainers!

No thanks.

That's how lawsuits work! He wouldn't, oh, demand restitution for the thousands if not millions the Nuggets' moron owner cost him by breaching a contract. Swapping a venue for a business, that's the ticket! Or maybe the judge will sentence the Kroenke to be Vince's butler? Who knows with America's zany legal system!

Don't think so, unless you count those Best of Raws/Tribute Troops, I guess..

Raw has been preempted by both the U.S. Open and the Dog Show. TNA has even run shows on those nights. Being continuous doesn't mean it never gets moved or preempted, just that its still on after all these years without being canceled or going on hiatus.

In case it hadn't been announced, Raw will be live from the Staples Center on Monday (not sure if SD/ECW will follow suit on Tue). And Vince has already announced there will be a "Lakers" vs "Nuggets" segment with him vs. "Kroenke".

Article on ESPN.com

To set things straight...

1. WWE has not, to my recollection, ever held an episode of RAW in Denver. Vince can shove it.

2. A lot of Game 4's scheduling had to do with the Lakers/Rockets series. Game 1 was supposed to happen on Sunday, but it got moved to Tuesday because the series went to Game 7. Had nothing to do with confidence, Vince can shove it.

3. WWE can hold as many 'Lakers' vs 'Nuggets' segments as Vince wants, the NBA playoffs are going to get better ratings. Vince can shove it.

That's the last of what I'm saying on the topic.

Although some of the scheduling issues can be attributed to the NBA's bs policy of stretching out the first round to 2 weeks should it go to 7 games. It's lunacy to give teams 2 days off when they're staying in the same city. Also, it was convenient for the NBA to have 2 game 7s on a Sunday, so I think the Lakers/Rockets game got pushed an extra day. Had they scheduled that on a Saturday (as it should have been) they would have been fine. So Jon Lovitz....er....David Stern can shove it.

1. WWE has not, to my recollection, ever held an episode of RAW in Denver. Vince can shove it.

Your recollection sucks. I mean, it REALLY sucks. I just spent about 30 seconds on google and found at least three prior episodes of Raw that were held in Denver. Including one that was less than a year ago, May 26th 2008. And that doesn't mean it only happened three times, I would imagine the total number is closer to a dozen than zero.

Bottom line here is WWE fans in Denver have nobody to blame but the NBA. It's nothing short of insulting to suggest they somehow couldn't easily reschedule that game. Obviously they could've easily switched the schedules of the Eastern and Western conference finals and solved everything. Like somebody else mentioned, the NHL had no trouble working around a concert.

2. A lot of Game 4's scheduling had to do with the Lakers/Rockets series. Game 1 was supposed to happen on Sunday, but it got moved to Tuesday because the series went to Game 7. Had nothing to do with confidence, Vince can shove it.

3. WWE can hold as many 'Lakers' vs 'Nuggets' segments as Vince wants, the NBA playoffs are going to get better ratings. Vince can shove it.

That's the last of what I'm saying on the topic.

You are basically wrong on every point you have made in this thread which makes you look like a complete idiot. Yes RAW has been in Denver before...NOT Game 1 wasn't going to be on Sunday...and Yes you are an idiot.

You are basically wrong on every point you have made in this thread which makes you look like a complete idiot. Yes RAW has been in Denver before...NOT Game 1 wasn't going to be on Sunday...and Yes you are an idiot.

If the Lakers would have closed out the Rockets in Game 6 then Game 7 was going to be Sunday, not Tuesday, meaning that Game 4 in Denver would not have fallen on Monday night. So...

I really think that Denver/NBA swapped games around and they played opposite arenas than what they are currently scheduled.. no big deal really.. that or the game gets pushed back a day .. or ahead a day.

Vince get's upset very easy .. but I can also see why he's mad at this.. he booked the arena August 15, 2008(that's what USA Today said) and presold over 10,000 tickets. Why would the Nuggets allow WWE to be booked there when they knew playoffs were taking place at that time? Did they really not think they were gonna go this far? Even if they were based around the LA/Houston game, there is still that probability that it'll land on one of the days.

Nuggets are also gonna lose so why are they even bothering?

I know I'm also gonna get bashed for that last statement.. but it's gonna be Cav's/Laker's in the finals.. quote me.

I'm pulling for Denver, but I don't think Kobe will let the Lakers lose. I see the Magic taking it over the Cavs though. Dwight Howard is a man. And Hedo Turkaglu has been stepping it up big lately. I've really liked the Magic this year for some reason. Beating Cleveland in Cleveland is no small feat, it only happened twice this year, once while LeBron and the gang were resting up. Look out for the Magic to pull an upset.

I don't really care for the NBA, or the WWE, but I have to side with the WWE here.

The owner of the Denver Nuggets team had a contract with another company, which if I remember correctly, was signed the final day of the regular season, which means that they knew that Denver was in the play-offs at that point, but he/his company still signed it at the possible expense of his team, and now he should have to deal with that. Instead they raise a big stink about it and get the WWE bumped. I hope Denver goes down...and Vince sues the guy in charge over there for a fair sum of money.

If it was a double booking with no contract in place yet, then fine, bump the WWE in favor of the probably more popular NBA game, but since there was a contract...they're gonna end up in some hot water if they don't settle with Vince/WWE.

It's funny...the WWE is actually in the right on this issue, but the hissyfit Vince has thrown (Vince vs. a Kroenke lookalike on Raw? Seriously?) makes it hard for me to really support them. Wrestlers in Lakers jerseys fighting wrestlers in Nuggets jerseys? Is that really supposed to be entertaining?

It'll probably get at least a little bit of mainstream play, which is obviously the entire reason they're doing it. But it seems to me that if you take a company-wide stance of bashing the Nuggets, you risk alienating some of your fans in the Denver area. I don't think that's worth a 10-second clip on SportsCenter.

This whole thing could have been avoided if the NBA didn't pay their players so much money and rely on money from tv deals and ticket sales so they could turn a profit. Think of how much more entertaining the Pro games would be if it were ran like the college series are. As in 1 and your done! To take people with the talent that the pro's have and actually make them " fight for it " so to speak.

As far as this whole thing goes Vince already had the venue booked, the arena allowed him to do it. Unless it was stated in his contract with them " We the venue reserve the right to bump or cancel any event if it conflicts with the scheduling of our Denver Nuggets (NBA)" blah blah blah." Judging by Vince's reaction No such clause exists. Therefore whether you live in denver or Tim-buck-two a contract is a contract. They are LEGALLY binding thats the whole point in having a contact.

I've never been to Denver but its a decent sized state, am i right? Well i live in Ohio and there's more than one arena. If the same thing were to happen between the cavs and the Vince, I would hope the Cavs would play in a different arena. Not only would it boost the economy in those areas but it shows the loyalty and belief in your team.

Colorado is a very big state. Denver is a big city. But your point still stands. However, at that point you'd be giving the shaft to the season ticket holders.

In any case, the NBA being led by Jon Lovitz, would like to expand the playoffs if possible. The series were perfectly fine at Best of 5 in the first round. Now it's 7. They've expanded the time it takes (should it go 7) to 2 weeks. They get 2 days off staying in the same city in the early games. It's beyond dumb. As stated elsewhere, when over half your teams make the playoffs, it's meaningless. If they figured out a way to fit 20 or 24 teams in the playoffs, it wouldn't surprise me if they would do that. THAT is something where I prefer baseball to any other system.

What I will say is that I would be fine with 16 teams if the playoffs would be sped up AND they got rid of a few teams to stop the dilution of talent. I wouldn't mind 16 playoff teams if you'd see more talented teams.

Archived