Board effort towards a fictional universe...

Stat breakdown:

Aerial, brawling and technical skills have approximately the following amount of people having that grade on average.

A* 0.0%

A 0.1%

B+ 0.2%

B 1.2%

B- 3.0%

C+ 4.5%

C 7.5%

C- 8.5%

D+ 9.0%

D 12.5%

D- 9.5%

E+ 10.0%

E 10.0%

E- 11.0%

F+ 8.0%

F 4.0%

F- 1.0%

Roughly the following for Star Quality:

A* 1.0%

A 3.5%

B+ 4.0%

B 7.0%

B- 9.0%

C+ 9.0%

C 10.0%

C- 10.0%

D+ 9.0%

D 9.0%

D- 8.0%

E+ 7.0%

E 5.0%

E- 4.0%

F+ 3.0%

F 1.0%

F- 0.5%

Basics/Safety/Consistency (active wrestlers only):

A* 2.0%

A 4.5%

B+ 9.0%

B 14.0%

B- 14.0%

C+ 17.0%

C 12.0%

C- 9.5%

D+ 7.0%

D 4.5%

D- 3.5%

E+ 1.5%

E 1.0%

E- 0.2%

F+ 0.2%

F 0.1%

F- 0.0%

Psychology (active wrestlers only)

A* 1.0%

A 2.0%

B+ 2.0%

B 5.0%

B- 8.0%

C+ 9.5%

C 15.0%

C- 10.0%

D+ 10.0%

D 10.0%

D- 8.0%

E+ 8.0%

E 6.0%

E- 3.0%

F+ 2.0%

F 0.5%

F- 0.0%

That's all I can be bothered doing for now. These are rough guidelines. Most stats will probably fit in a similar manner. Generally 50% lie between C and D, with 25% above and below that.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great work ewanite...

...however, in my opinion one of the most important thing is to see the percentage of workers that have A*-A-B+ in more than 1 a category and the usual "box" of high ratings that we can see in the game...That will be very helpfull to create a challenging universe with not a lot of "all stats more than B" workers and instead a lot of workers "good in certain areas"...

The more it will be challenging and specific the more promotions will be differents one to the other; and workers to hire will change from situation to situation...

I think this is the most important thing to do....

I was working on a fictional universe with some guys a while back, and personally I'd say all of the balance and statistical stuff is just fluff. It needs attention, sure, but first things first you need ideas, creativity, characters, situations and the like. Presenting something fun and unique to the player is the most important thing, and creativity flows better when not resisting by "I have to have x number of A's" or "I need a Regional sized promotion in Alberta.".

My two pence.

I would be willing to help out. I think I could be best used in helping write angles. I also think it would work best only having one person write angles so they have the same style and nothing is duplicated. After someone completes the angles they could be passed onto someone else to make the storylines...Just a thought.

I think the best approach to this kind of project would be to start at the beginning of wrestling and sketch out a rough history you can fill in. Once you've created your coherent world, then you can start worrying about stat balancing and such.

So, for example, you could use as a starting point whatever point at which pro-wrestling as we know it started - say, an infamous fixed or worked match or some kind of double-cross or such - and from there work out how the sport spread in this form, working out the key players and incidents that you can work into the history of your world. And as the world develops, you'll end up in a situation where you'll define the great historic promotions and such that'll give the world depth, and you'll develop good, solid reasonings behind why certain promotions are how they are.

Stat breakdown:

Aerial, brawling and technical skills have approximately the following amount of people having that grade on average.

A* 0.0%

A 0.1%

B+ 0.2%

B 1.2%

B- 3.0%

C+ 4.5%

C 7.5%

C- 8.5%

D+ 9.0%

D 12.5%

D- 9.5%

E+ 10.0%

E 10.0%

E- 11.0%

F+ 8.0%

F 4.0%

F- 1.0%

Roughly the following for Star Quality:

A* 1.0%

A 3.5%

B+ 4.0%

B 7.0%

B- 9.0%

C+ 9.0%

C 10.0%

C- 10.0%

D+ 9.0%

D 9.0%

D- 8.0%

E+ 7.0%

E 5.0%

E- 4.0%

F+ 3.0%

F 1.0%

F- 0.5%

Basics/Safety/Consistency (active wrestlers only):

A* 2.0%

A 4.5%

B+ 9.0%

B 14.0%

B- 14.0%

C+ 17.0%

C 12.0%

C- 9.5%

D+ 7.0%

D 4.5%

D- 3.5%

E+ 1.5%

E 1.0%

E- 0.2%

F+ 0.2%

F 0.1%

F- 0.0%

Psychology (active wrestlers only)

A* 1.0%

A 2.0%

B+ 2.0%

B 5.0%

B- 8.0%

C+ 9.5%

C 15.0%

C- 10.0%

D+ 10.0%

D 10.0%

D- 8.0%

E+ 8.0%

E 6.0%

E- 3.0%

F+ 2.0%

F 0.5%

F- 0.0%

That's all I can be bothered doing for now. These are rough guidelines. Most stats will probably fit in a similar manner. Generally 50% lie between C and D, with 25% above and below that.

Wow, great effort. I've done this once before when doing a mod so I know it can be a little tedious. You've done most of the major stats so I'll pick up the sex appeal, physical stats. If someone can do similar average for entertainment stats that would be great, but if not I'll get to them at some point. ^_^

TheStroke, I somewhat share your sentiment but at the same time we aren't trying to recreate the Cornellverse. Just because the CVerse has more great puro wrestlers than hardcore wrestlers doesn't mean ours needs to. As long as we have standing averages of what is normal and isn't normal within a database we can put some skill caps in and let the submissions take care of themselves.

The next thing that we need to do now is figure out how we need workers distributed throughout the game world. Jennie and Self did a good making the point that the best way of doing that would be to come up with a game world history. :)

I can appreciate that asking anyone to just start coming up with ideas for the entire history of the wrestling world is a gargantuan task (even for a region) although you are welcome to try if you like. ^_^

I think that it makes more since for us to come up with key characters for the universe and see how that shapes the data.

So right now guys lets start writing worker bios. You can obviously focus on less significant characters if you like, but what we need right now is to come up with the characters and promotions (past and present) that shape the game world. We don't need to set a hard start date for the data right now. The history should lead us to where it began and where it is today. ^_^

Start in whatever region you like and make the characters status in the game world whatever you like. We're working with a blank slate here. The idea is that the we play off of each others ideas. So if someone says ______ created the first promotion in _______ then you can play off of that and make a wrestler you create have worked for that promotion, or even be doing something in a completely unrelated capacity in another region. The important thing is that we start a story. :)

So anyone that wants to help, get to writing. :D We're not so much focused on stats for the workers right now. Just the bios. ^_^

P.S. Orange I agree that the midwest would have to be dropped a little if we went with those numbers. I don't really want to go with them anyway to be quite honest since it should be the team as a whole that comes up with the way the world is balanced. ^_^ I was just presenting a game world that would be quite different than the CVerse in in terms of regional importance to touch on what we can do. :)

machinesxe, I think that's a great idea. Taking on the responsibility of writing so many angles by yourself is a big task though, but if you're up for it then sure, why not? :)

That doesn't mean everyone can't contribute to angles though. If there is a great angle idea you want to see in send it machines way and he'll work his magic on it. ^_^

I'm going to write a few bios and put them up tonight. Probably Europe. :D

Kobe1724,

How do you want to create the characters? Do you just want me to make a fed up and start to populate it with characters? And how do I send them once I create them? Do I just send them via an email attachment to you?

Thomas O'Ryan, Born August 1950, Debuted July 1970

Thomas O'Ryan is possibly the most infamous Wrestler in all of Europe. He came to fame in Ireland under the moniker of "Mr. Aethiest", playing on his own views and hyping them up to insult both the Protestants and the Catholics.

Amazingly, this managed to make them forget about fighting eachother, and he is credited as a major reason for the downfall of the I.R.A. He is legendary in modern Ireland for this, and it seems every pub has some wacky story about him...

My idea's for him is that he is a Heavyweight brawler, with poor performance, but that he is entertaining, has a very good gimmick, and is very over in Ireland, and is alcoholic and has problems with the law.

Posting here because the other forums are playing up for me. :)

Kobe1724,

How do you want to create the characters? Do you just want me to make a fed up and start to populate it with characters? And how do I send them once I create them? Do I just send them via an email attachment to you?

Right now we're just working on bios, but when we start to put the data together then sure, via attachemnt. ^_^

Awesome. Hey guys, can you add a birth date (month/year) and year the wrestler entered the business so we can start some sort of time line? :)

My idea's for him is that he is a Heavyweight brawler, with poor performance, but that he is entertaining, has a very good gimmick, and is very over in Ireland, and is alcoholic and has problems with the law.

Posting here because the other forums are playing up for me. :)

Okay this is how I write my bios, so if you do not like this way just tell me what you want me to change and I will do so.

I see this guy as an African American version of Dusty Rhodes. What I mean by that is he gets over with the fans because of his charisma and his mic work. He would probably be decent to slightly below par in the ring.

So let me introduce you to Reggie Blade:

Born in March 1976

Debut: April 1997

Reggie Washington is a wrestler who is known to wrestling fans as Reggie Blade. Reggie got his start in pro wrestling while still in college, where he played football for Alabama State. After graduating, Reggie went on to play one season in the CFL. He soon came to realize that he liked wrestling more and retired from football.

Reggie has never been very good in the ring as far as work rate goes, he is one of the most popular babyfaces in TWA history due to his charisma. His most notable feud is with Murder Inc. the most dominate heel stable in the TWA.

While always in contention for the TWA World Title, Reggie always falls short. In his most recent bid, his "boyhood" friends The South Central Homeboys turned on him and cost him a chance to win the TWA World Title. The question now is will the TWA higher ups ever allow Reggie a title run?

If we start in Jan 2009, I want him to be 49, so born August 1950, debuted July 1970

He'd be 59 then. :)'

BTW, some great ideas here. Not sure if I have the imagination for it, but will try my best to do a few bios for you guys.

Getting PMs from a few people who find posting bios tedious but that want to contribute.

I can post bios and whatnot up if that's the case. Just sendspace any contributions you'd like to make if that's how you feel and I'll put it up. :)

Since USA isn't as important in this world, you could make it full of regional promotions with 'War' Pacts. Then 10 years into the game a USA based National promotion could open and put territories under threat. USA could then be a challenging region to play, fighting various other similar sized promotions for regional popularity and exclusive contracts, and then when you're at a cult level approaching national, a bigger company comes along and poses a bigger threat than any promotion before.

Superior Championship Wrestling in the United States...Remi Product...FTW!

Remi product is definitely getting in. I'm going to send out some PMs because I'm realizing this project is definitely going to need a greater focus. Going to try and assemble a more formalized team first, and then get more and more contributions as the project grows from there. :)

Remi product is definitely getting in. I'm going to send out some PMs because I'm realizing this project is definitely going to need some focus. :)

a superior product like Remi's modern product needs Superior Championship Wrestling! lol

EDIT: Actually we should put the Remi product in Australia. Its the easiest product to help get workers over and help a promotion grow when their is no overness. A perfect fit in my eyes.

a superior product like Remi's modern product needs Superior Championship Wrestling! lol

EDIT: Actually we should put the Remi product in Australia. Its the easiest product to help get workers over and help a promotion grow when their is no overness. A perfect fit in my eyes.

I'm inclined to agree with you. ^_^

Perhaps Superior Championship Wrestling! will be making an appearance in Australia. :)

I've sent out some PMs to modders and a few others that have expressed interest in the project. If anyone else wants to contribute in a particular way send me a PM or post in the topic and we can figure out what to do from there. :)

Also, if anyone has a background for renders that they think would be good post it up here. I'll make a poll and we can vote on a bg once some people have submitted some ideas. ^_^

For backgrounds I'd nominate something similar to CW Satons (ie. a plain gradient). Less likely to clash with or distract from the worker pics, plus since you're using renders you shouldn't have to be concerned about the cutting process (at least that's what i presume.. i'm not sure how Daz3d outputs)

Archived